FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

I'm fuming with my Chelsea save, first season. I got drew Inter in 1st leg of Champions League knockout round. All of my first team are away on international duty, so I have to field a teamful of reserves and under 18's. Got beat 6-1 1st leg. GREAT

I hate it when that happens, it's so frustrating. Can't count the number of times this has happened with various clubs across my journeyman save, where I'm missing my entire first team for important games, just because I've got a team full of internationals or youth internationals. I wish the games were delayed, so annoying.

September 2017

Premier League

Birminham 0 - 5 Chelsea

Ayala 3'

Rafael 12'

Ramires 15'

Neymar 25', 82'

Our first really great performance under my management, a great win

Chelsea 1 - 0 Everton

Neymar 36'

Bit nervy at times but we held out for the win, still yet to concede a league goal

Europa League Group Stage

Chelsea 5 - 1 HSV

Neymar 1', 32', 44', 63'

Lukaku 16'

Mineiro 58'

A great attacking performance, and sadly we let in our first goal of the season, still a good win to kick off the group stage

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Wolves

Mata 25', 50'

Lukaku 48'

Good solid home win

League Cup 3rd Round

Chelsea 2 - 0 Leicester

Dobbs 58'

Laid Derbal 87'

A great performance and we deserved more goals. We restricted them to having 0 shots, and we had 77% of posession, complete domination. Dobbs got his first for the club, and Derbal was a young player already at the club who has some potential, his goal nearly broke the net!

Premier League

Arsenal 0 - 2 Chelsea

McEachran 57'

Lukaku 72'

A great win as we were tied at the top of the league, Josh scored a screamer and Lukaku a tap in, to give us a great win. Our defending was superb, at times heroic last ditch tackles and clearances, to maintain our great record.

Conclusions

I'm delighted with the start we've made this season, winning every game and yet to concede a league goal. Currently played 6, 18 points, 3 clear of Arsenal, 5 clear of Blackburn. Despite their start, City have lost 2 games since and so have fallen away from my expectations. Very pleased with the way the team is performing, especially Neymar, Mata and Lukaku, who have a great understanding, and the defence who have been superd, Al-Shemmari is an absolute beast, possibly the best CB I've ever had.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm fuming with my Chelsea save, first season. I got drew Inter in 1st leg of Champions League knockout round. All of my first team are away on international duty, so I have to field a teamful of reserves and under 18's. Got beat 6-1 1st leg. GREAT

Don't understand why it has happened in the first season. I've had a few saves on FM12 now, and not once in any of the first five seasons have I had this happen. Are you patched up?

Bracken

Looks like youre going along really well. You made some great transfer deals during the summer too. Some great results in September too, looks like Neymar is really firing for you.

Are their any tactics uploaded that people have used with Chelsea?

I'm seriously struggling to get things right, which isn't like me at all.

My team go on a good run of form then suddenly get destroyed; I've conceded 4 or more goals several times this season (Season 2).

The Real behanger, I've always ended up selling Ake, never really developed into much for me, I think you're right about MC being a good position to try for him.

October/November Roundups

Aris 0 - 3 Chelsea

Lukaku 28'

Ramires 61'

Said 75'

Decent enough away win, keeps us ploughing along nicely in this competition

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 1 Man City

Neymar 15', 44'

McDougle 48'

Comberton 90+1'

Another good win against tough opposition, a real shame about conceding our first league goal, but still a good result.

QPR 0 - 5 Chelsea

Neymar 5'

Lukaku 46'

Said 61', 65'

Mata 83'

Said was superb, scored a great free kick and a long range strike, really served me well throughout this save

Europa League Group State

Chelsea 3 - 0 Satbaek

Rafael 4'

Lukaku 37'

Dobbs 85'

Another strong performance, if our finishing improves we'll really rack up some goals in these games.

Leage Cup 4th Round

Norwich 0 - 4 Chelsea

Dobbs 51', 83'

Comberton 71', 90+1'

Looks like my two young strikers could develop into a great partnership on this evidence!

Premier League

Blackburn 1 - 1 Neymar

Neymar 48'

Simon Cox 83'

Our first dropped points of the season, a very disappointing result, we dominated but lacked cutting edge (sound familiar to IRL?)

Europa League

Stabaek 0 - 2 Chelsea

Lukaku 15'

Rafael 50'

Solid, not outstanding, got the job done

Premier League

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Chelsea

Holzhauser 9'

Said pen 47'

Neymar 52'

Jordan Spence 57'

They scored from a fluke cross, Holzhauser scored a stunner, nice 3 points

Chelsea 1 - 0 Liverpool

Neymar 24'

Couldn't finish them off but we hung on against a late flourish from them

Chelsea 2 - 0 West Ham

Neymar 27'

Lano pen 45+1'

Ramires sent off 59'

Finishing was poor, definitely need to improve that, and Ramires was an accident waiting to happen, just couldn't sub him off in time

Conclusions

A good two months, only one result in which we dropped points, but we need to be more clinical. We've been completely dominating teams possession-wise and creating lots of chances, just not finishing them off, so that's something to work on. Still, top of the league by 6 points, and with a game in hand, things are looking promising.

Apologies for the double post, here's December:

Premier League

Fulham 0 - 2 Chelsea

Basille 20'

Comberton 80'

A good win, goals from a couple of backup players which was nice to see

Europ League Group Stage

HSV 0 - 4 Chelsea

Dobbs 5', 43', 45'

McEachran 10'

A really good win to secure first place in the group, Dobbs was outstanding with Neymar being suspended (seems to get booked a lot actually, often for diving, not sure how to stop that).

Premier Leage

Chelsea 3 - 0 Tottenham

Said 18'

Neymar 77', 87'

A very good win, took us a while to get the goals to kill it off, but we played very well overall.

Leage Cup Quarter Final

Chelsea 2 - 0 Aston Villa

Dobbs 6'

Ramires 26'

Good performance from the youngsters, with a couple of seniors like Ramires also slotting in.

Chelsea 4 - 1 Aris

Rafael 42'

Dobbs 45+2'

Lukaku 48', 73'

Markos 53'

A good win to finish the group stages, Lukaku was coming back from an injury of a few weeks, so it was good to give him the second half and see him grab a couple of goals.

Premier League

Swansea 0 - 3 Chelsea

Lukaku 1'

Mata 6', 78'

Lukaku scored after 13 seconds, quickest I've ever seen!

Chelsea 3 - 0 Blackpool

Rafael 40', 67'

Dobbs 43'

Again Neymar suspended, but Dobbs stepped up. Rafael also developing into a very nice goal threat from the AMC position.

Conclusions

A good strong month, no goals conceded in the league which was superb, I think defence is the area I'm most pleased with in this team, and the players there are young and will only get better. Dobbs also looks like he'll develop into a fantastic striker in the future. The next Michael Woods for me? Doubt it, but we'll see...

2012/13 Summary

Well I finally got a tactic that works, rebuilt my 4-2-3-1 with a few tweaks and a control/counter attacking setup. My form from January picked up dramatically, starting with a League Cup Final win over Man Utd, a 3-3 draw away at City, and a home win over Arsenal.

The league was ridiculously close, City finishing top with 82 points, Arsenal second on 81 (+49 GD), Chelsea third on 81 points (+41 GD), Liverpool on 76 points, Man United on 72. Liverpool could've gone top with 3 games to go, but a tough run in of fixtures against Arsenal and Man Utd away sealed their fate. City (basically current City + Modric) were going to be too hard to beat given the 10 point deficit I had in Jan, and their easy closing fixture list.

The Champions League saw me lose 5-2 to Real Madrid in the semi's. The Spanish team eventually beat Barcelona in the Final. It was a tough loss which can be attributed to CRonaldo's impeccable performance against my Ashley Cole-less side. Excuses aside, the squad was outclassed in general.

So, I entered the summer with the intention of clearing out the poor performers in the squad. Here's what I've done so far:

Players Out

GK - Petr Cech - £14.75m to Inter Milan (poor performances, 6.9 average)

DCR - Branislav Ivanovic - £7.5m to AC Milan (poor performances, 6.9 average)

MC - Jon Obi Mikel - £10m to AC Milan (poor performances, 6.9 average)

FC - Fernando Torres - £20.5m to Barcelona (6 goals in 24 games, too many injuries)

The biggest surprise for you guys reading this is going to be the departure of Cech. But at 31 and seeminly underperforming compared to his understudy, I felt it was justified to let him go.

Players In:

FC - Edison Cavani - £29m

Various youth prospects aged 16 - £10m total

Not a huge spending spree, I'm keeping a tight control on the wage bill - down to £1.1m per week, and keeping the balance around £60m. Pre-season has started and I'm going for a younger looking side to contest for the title:

A Younger Chelsea

GK - Thibaut Courtois / Matej Delac

DL - Ashley Cole / Patrick van Aanholt

DC - John Terry / Nathan Chalobah

DC - David Luiz / Gary Cahill

DR - Cesar Azpilicueta / Nathanial Clyne

MC (d) - Oriol Romeu / Michael Essien

MC (b2b) - Ramires / Josh McEachren

AML (IF) - Eden Hazard / Gael Kakuta

AMC - Juan Mata / Frank Lampard

AMR (IF) - Daniel Sturridge / Xherdan Shaqiri

FC - Edison Cavani / Romelu Lukaku

I'm loking forward to the new season, hoping that my exceptionally fast frontline will get off to a good start. I'm putting a lot of faith in younger guys, particularly as backups, but if they perform to expectations then the future at Chelsea will be much brighter.

Finally going to start my first save with Chelsea today. I was waiting to see about how the John Terry thing panned out before I started (realism ftw) but the trial is in about a week anyway and I doubt I will have done much by then as it takes me hours to get through just pre-season.

Haven't got a clue what I'm going to do/who I am going to keep but thought I would start before the transfer update comes so I can make my own stamp on the team.

Bit random but within the first couple of days Jhon Pirez refused to sign a professional contract and just left. Don't really mind as he probably wouldn't have developed enough to fit in my plans. I think.

Anyone found decent replacements for Cole and Lampard? I'm really struggling in the midfield department for creativity which is Lamps' job, but he's been poor in my second season. With both coming to the end of their contracts I'm not sure I'll renew both. I'll probably renew Lamps' as his wage demands are lower, but Cole wants more money which I'm not prepared to give him really.

For Cole: Jack Robinson, Alex Sandro, Domenico Criscito, or Cesar Azpilicueta. For Lamps: Depends on what role you had him in. Ramires/Meireles can play box-box, Marek Hamsik can play DLP or AP. Radja Nainggolan is a player I've been after in my game for a potential replacement, he looks incredibly good.

So I am currently deciding whether to go for a quick/normal tempo short passing game or the same but with direct. I usually get better results with direct as short and quick they mess up quite a bit but if it does work it looks good.

Haven't signed any first team players yet. Stadium is being expanded to 43,000 for some pointless reason, don't know why I asked and will cost 1.5mill to do that. Also 2.9mill gone out on a Chinese affiliated club. Does the value you pay affect the amount of money you make as there were some where I could have paid less money, would they have made the same amount?

Also the other downside of not waiting til the Jan update is that Sturridge isn't that good. He still looks like he will be decent but the not the prospect he is irl. Harder to play him at AMR because of this. Saing that though I wasn't exactly going to wait til Jan so Sturridge could be a bit better.

Sturridge is still great in this game due to his pace combined with decent dribbling, he simply runs by people pretty easily with pace and if played as a striker he scores a really good amount despite what his stats would suggest.

I started a new Chelsea save with intent to try bringing in some massive star like Gareth Bale, Sneijder or Tevez but it's hard to get these teams to agree to a fair fee no matter what I do.

I'm happy with the squad otherwise and would be content just bringing in one huge star first window but I can't even negotiate Hazard or Gotze to come grr.

Been playing a quick direct counterattacking 4-4-2 with Drogba TM and Lukaku Poacher and they've been incredibly destructive so far.

Got Lamps giving his mentals to McEachran, Terry to Chalobah and Drogs to Lukaku, does anyone know if McEachran develops in this game? Looking at things his technique and composure should be abit higher.

Just need a good winger I can blow all my money on, just sold Malouda for 10 mil so I got 37 transfer kitty right now!

Brought in Ruben Yttergard Jenssen as cover, sick of Merieles in real life so hopefully now won't have to play him as much in the game

Really loving Mikel in this game, too bad he's such a lazy idiot in real life. Why doesn't he ever show this creativity in games he apparently has so much of in football manager!

Well I had beat Villa at home 5-0 in my first game, dominated them from start to finish. Then I go and draw at bloody Wolves 0-0, dominated them as well but still get annoyed with the way FM portrays missed chances in this. Just make the keeper make more saves but the choose to have someone just pass it wide for no reason, stupid. Got Sunderland at home next and then away to United and home against Arsenal.

Edit - actually I have Everton away and Bolton at home before those 2 games. In fairness the team played well against Wolves they just couldn't convert, so it's better than if they just played awful.

Lazy? Hardly. But he does seem to be overrated in some regards yeah.

I think the potential is there in real life so the potential is right on the game but he starts way too good to be realistic i think with some time with the avb style he will fit in well to the control patient build up style that is being created

Bloody lost to Fulham in the 3rd round of the FA cup. Annoying as it's my first really bad performance and even then Fulham were still **** and scored in the 91st min. Played a few youngsters mixed with some first team players and it didn't work. Tbh I wasn't bothered about the Carling cup but I thought I wouldn't lose at home to Fulham. Man City are out though at home to Southampton so I feel better.

This is then followed by another **** performance away at United. Lost 2-0 and it was annoying. Going to stop playing for a while otherwise I will end up losing interest.

Going to stop playing for a while otherwise I will end up losing interest.

Losing a couple of games in my Chelsea save always has the opposite effect on me. I always want to carry on the put things right.

--------------

Anyway as promised a few posts up here is the screensht of Josh McEachran (July 2015);

joshmceachranjuly2015.png

He looks bloody good there tom tuck.

Yeah it has had that affect on me now. I want to go and win the next few games. Tbh I am still having a good season and even against United I should have scored a couple and played quite well. It's just when I play when I am hungover I feel like I don't tweak enough etc. as I normally would and therefore if I had waited until today to play not hungover maybe I would have done better. Doubt it though as I would have done everything the same. For the United game Drogba still had one day left on his injury but I had to play him. Sould have scored about 50 seconds in.

Luckily though some results have gone my way this morning. City have just lost away at West Brom (who are now 2nd :D). I am 3rd on 13 pts, same as City, with United top on 15 and West Brom in 2nd on 14.

Well I managed to beat Rubin 3-1 and beat Arsenal at home 1-0. Sturridge really isn't doing much atm. He will be better after the new patch, which doesn't help me but I like playing 4-3-3 so he has to play out wide. He missed 2 chances against Arsenal and didn't even hit the target with them. Might either start using him as inside forward or swap him over to the left.

Then the team goes and loses 3-2 away at winless Blackburn. ****ing joke of a game. Somehow the team now forgets how to pass. Still was winning 1-0 and then suddenly the score twice out of nowhere. I equalise and they score on 75 mins. Can't believe I lost to them, they are such an awful team atm on the game. Followed up now by a 2-2 draw away at QPR. Was 2-0 up in this and conceded yet another ****ing penalty to make it 2-2. Literally don't know what the **** this team is doing right now. They play well in every game but just can do ****ing nothing right.

Just approaching the end of the 2016/2017 season as Chelsea. Thought I'd share everything with everyone. I've won the league 4 years in a row and currently second behind Man United by one point. Hulk has got player of the year for the past three years. I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with my main lineup as Mata, Gotze, Hulk and Neymar in my attack. A few goal stats for you:

Neymar, Hulk and Mata have been beasts. I've had Neymar since 2012/13 and he's scored more than 14 goals in the league every season. Hulk has got more than 15 assists in every season, and so has Mata. I've been scoring so many goals and had some fantastic results. Here are some of the best results I have had each year:

2012/13:

Chelsea 6-0 Bolton (Premier League)

Chelsea 7-0 Sparta Prague (Champions League Group Stage)

Chelsea 2-0 Benfica (Champions League Final)

2013/2014

Man United 0-7 Chelsea (League Cup 3rd Round)

Chelsea 5-1 Liverpool (Premier League)

Chelsea 7-0 Sparta Prague (Champions League Group Stage)

2014/15

Chelsea 6-1 Wolves (Premier League)

Aston Villa 2-5 Chelsea (Premier League)

Sparta Prague 0-6 Chelsea (Champions League Group Stage)

Chelsea 5-0 Arsenal (Premier League)

Chelsea 6-1 Aston Villa (Premier League)

Chelsea 5-1 Man City (Premier League)

Chelsea 9-0 Sheff Utd (Premier League)

2015/16

Chelsea 9-0 West Ham (Premier League)

Chelsea 7-0 West Brom (Premier League)

Chelsea 7-1 Man United (Premier League)

2016/17

Chelsea 7-1 Coventy (Premier League)

Chelsea 6-2 Man City (Premier League)

Everton 1-7 Chelsea (FA Cup 6th Round)

They've been my best results, but obviously there is more. I have had a lot of 5-0s which I haven't included as they're pretty standard. To be continued...

That must honestly get boring with score differences after a while?

No? Not every score line is high scoring. I'm currently second in the league and it looks like i'm going to finish there, so I'm not winning everything at the moment. Although I'm hoping to win the FA Cup and Champions League now.

He looks bloody good there tom tuck.

I think he has a random PA, does he not?

Probably been a bit lucky in the fact that he has only had one injury in four seasons - a 3 month lay off with a broken ankle. And besides that he has just improved via the usual methods; game time, training schedule, and tutoring.

Right.

It's a new day and I am less hungover/full of cold. I need to sort this Chelsea save out as I can't just give up on it.

It's pretty much like what is happening to us irl but I have played better and been very unlucky in some games. I am currently 6th. 7 off United in first and 4 off Liverpool (I know) in 2nd. If all the teams above me lose next game and I win then I go 3rd so it's not all bad. Still only have a win percentage of 50% and scored 35 goals in all comps conceding 27. Annoying as at one point I had scored 20 odd and conceded 3 but losing Torres has really affected my side.

Have gone on a nice little run and now sit just 4 points behind United in 3rd. Just really struggled to a 2-0 away win to Wigan so I told the team at the end that they were poor and need to do better. I thought it said something in it about well done for winning but it didn't. A few got angry and Drogba and Sturridge spoke to the media. Idiots. They were **** they just can't handle been told that they were.

Just wondering, who's conceded the least goals in a season in the league so far? I only conceded 13 in my second season, and those who I talk to on Steam haven't got lower than that with any team. Checked over my finances too, we're up to a balance of £278m. Third richest club in the world (£889m) with Real Madrid in second (£1.02B) and Barcelona first (£1.2B).

Lukaku is leaving us in the January transfer window (Jan 2018 - currently in Dec 2017). Heading off to Barcelona for £45m. He's a top, top player but i've got two young English strikers tearing up the league so far and three others who can play upfront or on the wing even playing better than him. Was time to cash in.

I ****ing hate Tottenham. I really ****ing hate them.

On an amazing winning streak and now they are dicking me. This is the team who is 12th in the league and been playing terrible. Obviously the only way they score is from long shots, every time I play them it's the same.

Really don't know how they have done this because they were playing terrible in every game, losing to almost every bloody team. Livid with the players but luckily it United lost and City won but only a point ahead of me.

Just wondering, who's conceded the least goals in a season in the league so far? I only conceded 13 in my second season, and those who I talk to on Steam haven't got lower than that with any team. Checked over my finances too, we're up to a balance of £278m. Third richest club in the world (£889m) with Real Madrid in second (£1.02B) and Barcelona first (£1.2B).

Lukaku is leaving us in the January transfer window (Jan 2018 - currently in Dec 2017). Heading off to Barcelona for £45m. He's a top, top player but i've got two young English strikers tearing up the league so far and three others who can play upfront or on the wing even playing better than him. Was time to cash in.

The fewest I've conceded is 16 I think. 13 is impressive though!

Looks like everyone's going pretty well on their saves, gotta say I love reading tcoleman1's updates, the passion in your posts is outstanding :D

Here's my end of season roundup, didn't have the time to do updates sadly so I'll just fill you in on the salient details in each competition:

Season 2017/18

Premier League

League Table

As you can see, it was a very pleasing league season, only dropping 12 points all season, and conceding only 9 goals. We didn't quite break the 100 goal barrier in terms of goals scored, but the defence was really how we built this league victory. I have to say I wasn't expecting to win the league this season, but we started off really well and built from that, once morale hit the top we never looked back. Our only defeats were Everton away (3-1, a horrible performance) and Blackpool away (1-0, we'd already won the league and it was an own goal, not too bothered about this one). Still, great overall. Neymar lead the way, scoring 36 goals in 33 league games.

League Cup

Final

The youngsters played this competition, they did very well until the final when they were pretty disappointing really. Although Blackburn had a pretty good season, they still didn't really look a threat, so I was disappointed by the result.

FA Cup

Final

A much more pleasing result. Though we couldn't get the breakthrough in normal time, we kept plugging away, and when it came to penalties, Courtois was superb saving 3/4 penalties he faced and our boys kept their cool. It was the same team that played the League cup so I was pleased that they atoned for the league cup final result.

Europa League

Final

I was delighted to win this competition, it's the one I was really targeting this year, mainly because I have no intention of being in it again, and wanted a win in this competition on my nice long CV. The match itself was tough, Neymar got the vital goal just as I was subbing him off, but we won which was what mattered.

Conclusions

The Squad

Here's the squad stats so you can really see the key players here. Neymar was the outstanding player, while Mata and Lukaku did the business too. At the back Al-Shemmari was superb, as was Ayala who will be first choice next year. Rafael and Dobbs look like great prospects to play from the bench and some rotation games, looking forward to seeing how they develop.

I'll update you guys more on the transfer dealings after I've played the summer.

Just finished a great 2013/14 campaign with Swansea, guiding them to a 5th place finish, falling short to Chelsea in 6th by a point; and I am approached to become the new man in charge here.

At first I wouldn't think twice, instantly rejecting the offer due to me not achieving the success I aim for at Swansea, but after dismissing and laughing off the proposal that was offered to me by Roman Abramhovic at first, I took stock of what was on offer - a great challenge. I was offered an initial transfer budget of a poultry £2.8million, and a wage budget of £2million, at first this didn't really catch eye, but the challenge I saw would be to rejuvenate a currently failing Chelsea side, that is still reliant on the aging superstars and bring the club to success again. So I've taken up the offer!

Here is the squad I have inherited from Villas-Boas at the end of the 2013/14 season;

ChelseaSquad_Players.png

Maybe I am being a tad harsh, but I think the squad severely lacks the world class quality that many of you have/had available at this point in the game under human managment; and is a long way short of the squads that Man City, Man United, and even newly Premier League Champions Arsenal have at their disposal. As you can see it's an aging squad, something I'm sure many of you have had to combat. Therefore I don't see much future for many of the players within this first team squad, with the players that I would look to keep in a 2+ year plan being noted with an astrix.

After closer inspection of what I have been given, I look into the reserves, here I find a 36 year old Drogba who has played 1(4) games all season, thankfully his contract runs it's course in a few weeks; but sadly a 33 year old Malouda, now bereft of any pace or technical ability, still has a year to go. A currently injured Michael Essien has had two miserable seasons on loan at Sevilla and Roma, which has seen him keep those respective teams medical staff on their toes, he's a shadow of a player he once was. A similar story can be said for Raul Merelies, he's had two unimpressive seasons away on loan at At. Madrid and Lyon, and doesn't look to have anything special in the grand scheme of things. Despite these old farts lurking around the club, I do seem to have a few young players that I will look to give greater responsibility within the first team. Due to the endemic inability of the AI to develop young players, many of the prime years of training developments have been wasted in many of the players. Despite this, I have had the fortune of taking Josh McEachran under my wing at Swansea for the last year. Here he seen a decent number of first team games in the League and Europe, and has developed somewhat as a result, and has impressed as a largely rotational player there; therefore he will be playing a vital role in what I have planned for the team.

So the plan I'm seeing would be to let the likes of Terry, Lampard and Cole's contracts run their course over the next year, as I think I'd have more luck trying to jump over the moon than find any club that would want to take them off my hands, even for free; in the mean time I will try and raise funds by offering out some players such as Jagielka, Baines, Felliani, and Dzsusussak (sp, the Hungarian!). This should therefore raise me a good amount of money that I can use, along with anything I am given at the start of 2014/15 to build, in my eyes, a top side. With, what I view to be an attainable ambition of winning a Champions League within 3 season, and the league within 2.

Although I wouldn't have necessarily looked at some of these players if I were starting a Chelsea from day one, I will try and bring in some of the players that I have had success with at Swansea. This could mean a return to Chelsea for Scott Sinclair. He's just had a terrific season with me, culminating in him earning a place at the 2014 WC with England despite not yet earning a senior cap. Another one of the founding Swansea players would Joe Allen; he's been an integral part of the system that has brought me success in Wales, which has included a 2013 F.A Cup. He's what could be seen as a Welsh-Makelele, nothing fancy, but clocks up the passes and keeps the side ticking over - although this is the role I have McEachran in line for. A few other players that I brought to Swansea that I'd love to build a future at Chelsea with would be Cristian Eriksen and Glyfi Sigursson; both of these guys have acquired large interest from big clubs around Europe that I was fighting to stave off, so I will afce stiff competition to bring them to Chelsea and I doubt they will come cheap. Romario would be yet another player that I'd like to have in my side, he was developing into a supreme wing back, along with a potentially world class wing back/ winger that I was bringing through into the first team at just 16. Other names would include Jele Vossen, Lucas Andersen, Mbaye Niang and Davide Santon. Although it would probably not be preferable to uproot half of South Wales and move it down to London, so I will have to limit the recruitment here.

Stay tuned!

Good luck tommonufc, looking forward to seeing how you get on, I had a very similar problem when I took charge that the squad was full of ageing superstars or players who could make good squad players, but were certainly not world class. I have to say it's good fun reshaping the squad starting a few seasons in, gives you much more of a challenge. Hope it goes well, looking forward to hearing about your save :thup:

tommonufc

I think you have decent squad there that doesn't need to be ripped to pieces.

I'm a season further on than you in my Chelsea save and Lampard, now 37, is still performing, as is John Terry. Ashley Cole I've only just let go. Jagielka, depending on what his 'Determination' stat is, will be solid for another two or maybe three seasons. If you do want to raise funds, you could maybe sell Cech - I got a straight £25million for him a season earlier than you.

Obviously I don't need to tell you about McEachran, and Ramires I've found to be a great player in a couple of different roles. Romario would be a great choice at RB - indeed I have him in my side.

Of the strikers you mentioned, I don't see the point in Jelle Vossen as you already have Lukaku for that type of role, but Mbaye Niang would be a good additon, depending on how he has developed under the AI.

Hope that helps a little.

@tomtuck01 Jelle Vossen won't be joining me, as you said Lukaku has a bright future I think; plus the caliber of player that I could attract as a ready made replacement for Torres would be a lot more substantial than Jelle Vossen. As you say there is quality within the team that I inherited, but I wanted to make my impression on the side, therefore I didn't really want to have to work with Villas Boas' signings, that I ordinarily would never sign - doing this I have been able to raise an awful lot of money, plus it frees up spaces in the squad from which I can promote younger players. Example being, I've moved on Jagielka and Alex, but this will therefore give chances to Kalas and Chalobah. I'm in the Europa league this season, so I will use this to give the youth and squad players game time. Just finishing up pre-season, and finalising a few more deals on players leaving; once done I'll give an overview of what I've done :)

Could be about to go 7 points behind United after losing 2-1 at Villa. Heskey got man of the match so that tells you all you need to know, joke of a game really. I outplayed them and all they had was long shots and a couple of chances which they took. Yet my players couldn't do it again. Annoying but need to move on.

Luckily United drew at home with City but I really should have won that game. Just had the feeling that I was never going to win that game for some reason. Turnbull own goal I just realised as well which was quite irritating. Still if United don't do well in their next game then I will I can hopefully capitalise properly this time.

Any reccos for a right winger? Only problem is I may change my tactics in the summer to 3 attacking midfielders but I doubt it. Atm going for Hulk but he is being annoying with his contract. Damn got a better offer accepted for him but because I exited the talks before he doesn't want to now. How long til he will change his mind?

Season 2014/15

Season Expectations - Title Challenge (£52m transfer budget; £2.5m wage budget) Media Prediction - 4th

My first month in charge at Chelsea has been a busy one. One that has involved decluttering the squad that Villas Boas left me with, which has seen the departure of players that weren't within my plans for what ever reason and the arrival of some new faces. This year I'm sadly in the lesser of the European competitions - the Europa League; but I'm going to take this as a blessing, and use it to give the likes of McEachran, Kalas, Courtois, Kakuta, Chalobah, Ake, and Luke Brown (promising regen. Clicky!) valuable game time that they can shine in - as I aim for these guys to be the future of Chelsea.

Transfers - As I've said, I've moved a lot of players out, most of which that were brought in by Villas Boas; as tomtucko1 said, some of them are very good players and are worthy of their place within a top side, but I just felt they that they weren't 'my' players. These departures have helped trim the wage bill, whilst giving me extra funds to use, but most importantly have allowed me to trim the squad size down so that I can have a core of first team players, backed up by the youth that have been up until now neglected.

ChelseaTransfers_History-2.png

The new faces..

• Glyfi Sigurosson -
    Following me from Swansea, where he is was my main man, this time costing me double what I originally paid Hoffenheim. In three seasons he scored 55 goals with 50 assists from a mc/amc position. Incredible ability to score from range, and not to shabby with a dead-ball. Current PFA Player of the Year, he will form a central midfield partnership with Mikel.

• Scott Sinclair -
    Returning to Chelsea for a sizable fee. Grown a real affection for him, and wanted to carry on seeing shine with me. Could have had Hazard, but chose Sinclair - hopefully I won't regret it. After two so-so seasons with me at Swansea, he really made a break through last year when I found the Eureka moment with him and the team around him. Turned out his best season last year with 16 goals and 10 assists, most of which coming after Christmas. Just come back from Brazil with England's World Cup team, sadly didn't get a game in a tournament that saw England dumped out in the group stages. Expecting him to win his first cap sooner rather than later, and will be my first choice on the left.

• Mario Gotze -
    Paid a pretty penny for him from Dortmund, but that it was a structured deal with payments on International Apperances (no German National team available on my save
    ;)
    ) and installments over the next 48months so it isn't so much of a hit as it looks. Evidently a top class player and will be for years to come; looking forward to see him, Mata and Torres lining up together!

• I know what it looks like, Xavi from Barcelona, but as you will see from the link << he is in fact a young center back. Been trailing him for the past couple of seasons whilst at Swansea and have had failed attempts at various loan signings, so jumped at the chance at bringing him to Chelsea after scouts said he was interested. A beast of a 21yo, 20 Jumping and 18 Heading at 203cm tall he shan't be losing many headers. He can only get better, and I envisage him being John Terry's predecessor.

• Another product from Barcelona's youth academy. This is a pricey 16 year old, but one that I've, again been following since my time at Swansea. Scouts there highlighted him to be a star when he was just 15. I wanted to have a young right back that I can use in rotation and give game time here and there, and since Swansea priced me out of Romario (£33m!?) this guy is perfect. Rated 4.5 stars, and the potential to exceed Ivanovic's ability.

• I'm not short of young center backs, with Kalas, Chalobah, Ake and now the signing of Xavi; but at 15 he afforded a few years to develop. Scout, Guy Hillion, rated him to have to the potential to be better than John Terry!

• Signed on compensation, has 3.5 star potential. Hopeful of pushing up his pace and acceleration and I believe he could be a real handful. Just a shame Drogba isn't around anymore, as I think he could have been a perfect tutor for this guy.

• Noticed I was lacking a Goalkeeper within the U18's. This guy was one of a few that were put to me as to have top potential, but he sealed the deal due to him being English and a lot cheaper than proposed French counterparts. Signed on a compensation settlment of £1million from Boro'. Not short of Goalkeepers, Cech will be first choice for at least the next season, probably two, by which time Courtois will be ready to step up; along with Matej Delac, who is now a Croatian International at 21.

Pre-season - A very important period for a new manager at a club I feel, whether it be the first season in a new save, or first in a new job in 2024. Mainly used this time to see what the younger players have to offer, as oppossed to seeing what John Terry can do, when we all know who he is; along with bedding in the new system onto the players, making adjustments from what I was using at Swansea on to the players I have here. Very pleased on the whole, with the only blemish being a 4-3 defeat to Dortmund. Good performances against Ajax and Bayern Munich bode well for the Europa League, which will see a similar sort of side compete for me.

ChelseaFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Now for the big kick off against West Ham in the league, followed by Europa League qualifying against FC Vasuli of Romania. I'm hopeful of achieving immediate success within the league, whilst posing a threat on the European front. On previous saves Man City have dominated and brushed sides away in the League, but the Premier Leauge looks a lot more competitive in recent seasons, with Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United and Man City all within close proximity of each other, so should be very challenging.

Another decent run comes to an end at Arsenal. Just lost 5-1 at Arsenal. Literally can't explain how annoyed I am at that result. Didn't play well at all but they never, ever, ever deserved to win 5-1. Complete farce of a scoreline. Fans will no doubt moan like the usual bunch of idiots they are. Could have been 6-1 but van Persie missed a penalty, which was the 2nd penalty they were given. That makes it 6/7 given against me and 1 given for me this season.

This coupled with the 3-0 away loss to Spurs gives two horrendous results against London clubs. The team had been playing badly in the past few games but still no excuse for this. We took the lead as well which is the hardest thing to believe.

Gonna go relax, have some lunch and play this game later when I have got over that result.

Started a Chelsea file yesterday as I love Lampard and feel bad for Torres, I started my tactics with a 4-2-3-1 but my tactics are not as good as everybodys else and defensively against the big teams let me down badly...I will fill you in shortly a little about this.

this is what I had:

GK Cech - DR Bosingwa - DCR Terry - DCL Luiz - DL Cole - MCL Mikel/Ayew - MCR Ramires/Meireles - AMC Lampard - AML Mata/Malouda - AMR Navas/Kalou - FC Torres/Drogba/Sturridge

Now I was sure that with my tactics and chelseas experience we could be formidable...however as I mentioned my tactic likes to self destruct whilst playing some amazing attacking play. Here is an idea of how it goes:

Draw 0-0 at home v Wolves dominated them they only had 1 shot on target in the 92 minute

Draw 0-0 at home v Blackburn dominated them again P.Robinson had a stormer.....it gets better

Lose 1-2 at home v Man U they scored two goals in the first 20 minutes somehow someway then I dominated them to the point where we couldn't score an open goal!! Unbelievable how some times we have to create so many chances before one goes in when it seems its the easiest thing for them to do score each time!......wait for it.

Won 5-7 away to Arsenal one of my favourites games I have played on FM I'll tell you why, first of all we go 1-0 down to van persie after a 30 mins screamer which in all honesty Cech should have saved, then 2-0 Van Persie tap in, 3-0 Gervinho in behind my defence for the easiest slide in. 3-1 Lampard lovely break and put away nicely near post 3-2 before half time lovely team goal Lampard assist and Sturridge scores. At this point and I am annoyed we went 3-0 down and elated that we got back.

2nd half 4-2 Mertesacker headed corner, 5-2 luiz gives away a pen RVP puts it straight at Cech and it somehow goes through Cech?!?......Pulling my f***ing hair out at this point thinking my Chelsea will soon be over.

Then Torres scores a lovely team goal to make 5-3, bosingwa then scores to make it 5-4 from the back post of a corner, I am suddenly believing again, Lampard scores again 5-5 lovely strike comeback completed or so I thought, 5-6 Lampard......5-7 Torres cutback and Lampard! 4 goals to his name and a quality game to win after so many times being behind.... at this point my heart is racing like greyhound after a race, I knew we were lucky but couldn't care less at that point but when looking at the league and my results to date (forgot to mentioned a 3-3 away to Lille this being at half time to finish 3-3 weirdly & Everton away 2-3 they only had 3 chances in 30 mins and scored all three, after that I dominated them again) I knew I had to make a change for the good with Mata not performing and Navas limited chances he was making it seemed my team would only self destruct in a matter of time. (BTW I might just have to upload the game for you guys as it is too good not to see the highlights and feel the pain, anguish and finally elation when the final whistle went!!)

So I have changed it to like this which is a different tactic for chelsea but a very resilient and professional setup looking one:-

GK Cech - DR Bosingwa - DCR Terry - DCL Luiz - DL Cole - MCL(Playmaker) Ayew/Meireles - MCR Ramires/Mikel - AMC Lampard/Mata - ML Mata/Malouda - MR Navas/Kalou - FC Torres/Drogba/Sturridge

So far played 2 won 1 drew 1(away to Valencia scored in the 1st minute dominated but could not finish them off) lost 0

I will keep you guys updated and upload the game later for everyone

Just finished the 2017/2018 season; seemed a pretty record-breaking season for us. Won the Prem with 106 points (34 wins, 4 draws); scored 101 goals and only conceded 6 goals.

Won everything else I could as well; with the CL being especially good as we beat Man Utd. Two of my top three scorers were English (all regens) and during this time they both got called up to the national side and have both played well. The goals were spread out nicely as well, with six scorers bagging 10 goals or more. Three players also ended up with more than 20 assists, which seems to be quite remarkable.

What the hell?? Pardew was sacked in at the end of October.......Andre Vilas Boas appointed early November!!!! What?

I've seen it happen a few times. Infact over in General Discussion there's a thread called "Where does Villas-Boas End Up", and you'd be amazed at how many people have his first job after Chelsea down as Newcastle.

Having a good season so far, just ended January 2015 and it looks like this;

Premier League

BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-7.png

-- Results --

After playing catch up on the teams surrounding me for most of the time, I now find myself in second place, just a point behind reigning champions Arsenal. Have touched top spot a couple of times in recent weeks, but as you will see from the fixtures dropped points against the likes of Norwich and Southampton have proved costly. I'm scoring goals and keeping clean sheets which is a good sign for the run in.

Europa League

EuropaLeague.png

Finished top of my group, with the only blemish being an off performance away at Rangers. I've been in free-scoring form in, with Lukaku leading my attack with 13 goals in 8 in Europe.

Carling & F.A Cup

CarlingFACup-1.png

Sadly the dream of lifting the Carling Cup ended early (sarcasm over); the F.A Cup looks brighter with me set for an away tie in Sheffield - at either Wednesday or United.

Romelu Lukakuuuuuu

RomeluLukakuOverview_Attributes-1.png?t=1328044563

After three average season under the AI I have given him the responsibility of leading my attack in Europa League games and most cup ties. As you can see he has been in excellent goal scoring form in Europe, but has also stepped in with another 6 goals in the league. Torres has been my first choice in the league, but has had a couple of niggling injuries within recent weeks, allowing Lukaku to step in.

Mentions to;

• Thibaut Courtois - Used primarily in Europe, with Cech in the League and Delac in domestic cups. Belgian number one now, and looks to be a real top keeper. Still has a star to develop according to coaches.
  • Daniel Sturridge - In previous saves I've seen Chelsea reject him, and him fall as low as playing for Peterbourgh in League 1. Similar to other players in this Chelsea team in that he hasn't excelled in previous seasons, probably due to the AI not affording him a chance and buying in players instead. Started off as a Europa League/rotation player, but a long term injury to Scott Sinclair has seen him become a first choice at right wing.
  • Xavi - £15.5m well spent. Could easily be first choice at center back with David Luiz, but for rotation with the evergreen John Terry. As you would expect he has been dominant in the air, only losing out on 10 headers so far this season (123/133).
  • Luke Brown - The regen I inherited. Has made cameo roles in Europe and cup start against York, which he has all impressed in. Currently have Frank Lampard tutoring him.
  • [ Gael Kakuta - After sitting on the sidelines under Villas-Boas, I've given him a chance in the first team, and he looks to be a good player - has excelled in AMC when played in Europe. Now 23, hopefully I can continue his development.
  • Nathaniel Chalobah - Have seen screenshots of him around these forums of this guy in the future, and he has developed into a top player. Certainly physically there, but lacks defensive abilities. Trying to improve upon these, with his training seeing intensive defensive training. Just renewed his contract, after a good first half of the season saw interest from Man City and Real Madrid. Hopefully I can make up for the wasted AI years in his development.
  • Mario Gotze - The marquee singing at the beginning of the year, and isn't letting me down so far. Opted for Gotze over Hazard on the basis that Gotze posses much more of a goal threat, and this is proving the case.
  • Lampard, Terry and Cole - Despite their age these three have been top performers; and I have extended all three of their contacts for another season. Ashley Cole has been my first choice left back, but he looks like he could be first to go, as his technical abilities are on the decline. Terry has been a rock at the back, being paired with someone of pace, usually Luiz - looks to have another season in him at ease. Lampard has been very much a squad player, usually filling gaps in CM and AMC when somebody is injured or unfit; still technically brilliant at 36, and has weighed in with a few goals as ever.

tommonufc

Looks like you're going along pretty nicely and the title is a realistic possibility.

Nice to see the three older players I advised you on are still doing it when called upon aswell. ;)

Yeah, their doing great. John Terry looks like he could have the most longevity in him, sadly he doesn't have any pace but I've got some pacey center backs that can play alongside him - Luiz, Chalobah, Bruma and Kalas. Ashley Cole has been my first choice left back, due to him outperforming Coentrao so far; but his physicals seem to be taking a hit, along with most of his technical abilities. Lampard has played the most games out of these three; 15(12), scoring 8 goals. His technical stats are declining rapidly, along with physicals. Lampard still has a 20 for Natural Fitness, and stamina of 14 which is very impressive at 36. Like I said I've signed these three until July 2016, which I think that they should all be capable of seeing out, which I will try and extend to player/coach roles as they are great to have for tutoring purposes.

On course for a treble - Premier League I really fancy, with Scott Sinclair just returning, and Torres back to full fitness - Europa League I'm into last 16, and F.A Cup I'm into the Quarters against Man City.

Looking at moving on Mauricio Isla at end of the season, another of Villas-Boas' sigings, hasn't impressed at right back, doesn't look that great defensively and too far behind others in the central midfield pecking order. Looking for suggestions of a left-back to take the pressure of Ashley Cole next season? Coentrao hasn't looked that great when asked to defend at full back, so looking for a defensive option at left back. Possibly Jack Robinson, but hasn't really developed under AI at Liverpool. So suggestions are welcome, preferably youngish.

tommonufc - Here are the screen shots you requested in the other thread.

Nathaniel Chalobah;

chalobahseptember2015.png

Only 20 and he looks brilliant in my opinion. My first choice center half, although a couple of is mentals could do with getting a little higher.

Tomas Kalas;

kalasseptember2015.png

Not sensational by any stretch of the imaginatin, but he certainly does a job either at CB or covering at right back.

Nathan Ake;

akeseptember2015.png

The weakest of the three, but he's developed reasonably well. Will remain at the club after his loan spell at Swansea.

Archived