FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

He's the best Tutor you can get, good luck with him mate, let us know how it gets on, would love to see him as captain both in the game and IRL one day :thup:

I'll keep you updated on him mate. Yeah either him or McEachran are bound to be out future captain. I sometimes watch the reserves and youth on ChelseaTV and we have some real talent in there. Fancy a chat on Steam?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll keep you updated on him mate. Yeah either him or McEachran are bound to be out future captain. I sometimes watch the reserves and youth on ChelseaTV and we have some real talent in there. Fancy a chat on Steam?

Would do mate but I'm off to bed, gonna be a late one tomorrow haha. Some other time though :thup:

Would do mate but I'm off to bed, gonna be a late one tomorrow haha. Some other time though :thup:

Ah fair enough pal :) wel if you, or anyone else for that matter wants to add me on Steam my username is Procter10.

May aswell mention that I just beat Swansea 1-0 and Chalobah picked up the man of the match award, always good to see.

Hit a wall gents, when it come to CL registration, I can only fill 2/4 of the first criteria and 7 out of 8 on the second criteria, with regards to homegrown rules.

Tried FMRTE to correct the problem only to find that after the patch update FMRTE isn't compatible and there is no free version to match 12.1 yet, any suggestions or am I truly stuck?

Well I've been away lately due to Star Wars coming out and being a no-life broke student means I jumped at the chance to throw myself into a new MMO experience that would drive my GF mad and deprive me of any social life that could steal what precious money I have to begin with!

malikoi

1) I would say yes he is. Depending on the team you are he can definitely do a job for you. It's unfortunate for him that I managed to pick up Silva or he would have been in my team still given how well he has developed.

2) I would say he has for me. Here is what he looks like for me.

Hit a wall gents, when it come to CL registration, I can only fill 2/4 of the first criteria and 7 out of 8 on the second criteria, with regards to homegrown rules.

Tried FMRTE to correct the problem only to find that after the patch update FMRTE isn't compatible and there is no free version to match 12.1 yet, any suggestions or am I truly stuck?

I don't understand you. Why can't you just leave blank slots? FMRTE. :thdn:

malikoi

1) I would say yes he is. Depending on the team you are he can definitely do a job for you. It's unfortunate for him that I managed to pick up Silva or he would have been in my team still given how well he has developed.

2) I would say he has for me. Here is what he looks like for me.

Wow.. He does look good! I have the chance to buy him for £10 million at the end of season one, should I take it? Oh, I am PSG, so I want Fench players to be the backbone of my team. :)

malikoi

£10m is a bit steep for a year into his progress as he might have a low end on his PA. I would say barter with Chelsea to try and get it lower (pretty sure you can drop a bit off it) but otherwise I would go for it. Worst case he hits his ceiling and ends up as a very good player to come off the bench.

malikoi

£10m is a bit steep for a year into his progress as he might have a low end on his PA. I would say barter with Chelsea to try and get it lower (pretty sure you can drop a bit off it) but otherwise I would go for it. Worst case he hits his ceiling and ends up as a very good player to come off the bench.

I guess I could try and knock it down a bit, not sure if that will happen though. :(

Im right in saying he is a \/ right? My Assistant Manager says he has 3½ star potential, so all is looking well. :)

Just earned a big 2-0 win against City at their ground. We got off to a shakey start and kept giving away possession, but then we really started to get into the game a 30th minute goal from Lampard put us into the lead, only for Drogba to then put us 2-0 up 3 minutes into the second half. The win keeps us in 4th but only 2 points behing City who are second and 5 points behing league leaders Man United.

Had to terminate Essien's contract at the end of my 2nd season. He literally injured 7 players during training over the course of less than two months, and I had to play the Champions League final against Barca with a few players out due to his antics. Aguero scored 20 mins in and Hamsik got red carded in the 26th, won 1-0. Also won the League Cup and Title by 15 points, my only loss of the entire season was against Man City in the FA Cup Semi-final where I lost on penalties (it was an awful shootout, they scored 2 we scored 1).

Hey guys,

Haven't been on the Forums much since FM2010 when I last had the game but FM2012 looks pretty good and want to take my beloved

Chelsea to glory as much of you do. Nearing the end of my 1st transfer window and have only signed Douglas Costa so far. About 8 million left, anybody got any recommendations?

In terms out sold players I've got rid of Ferreira & Hilario should there be anyone else I'm selling? All my youngsters look good including

Lukaku who's scored in every friendly he's played so far:thup:

I've also asked Drogs to retire from Internationals to keep him for this years African Cup Of Nations but he didn't seem to impressed;) I asked John Terry to take up Ass Maning as well as playing & he decided it'd be a good idea. Anybody else tried this?

Rohkey

I don't understand why a few training ground accidents would lead you to terminating the contract of a very useful player?

He wasn't a useful player at all, he oscillated between 1-1.5 stars and every time I tried to nurse him back to fitness in the reserves he would injure himself. Even had him on a separate training regime that was much less intense than the schedules for even my veteran players like Lamps and Drogs. It seems FM12 has decided he is not a salvageable player. I kept him around because no club wanted him, but it seems his desire to prove himself to the team led him to murder half of his teammates on the training ground.

Seems to be a lack of decent left backs in my save. Cole isn't getting any younger and was looking for a replacement. Not sure if Van Aanholt will develop much more than what he currently is.

As J.T. said, Bertrand is certainly good enough, if not take a look at Alex Sandro from Porto, did a solid job for me until I brought in a regen.

I sold him end of first season. Van Aanholt seemed to be the better of the two players on my game.

End of season 2012/2013 summary

Won league for 2nd year in a row.

Won League Cup again playing Wigan in final.

Knocked out of FA Cup in 4th round.

Won Champions League for 2nd year in a row, beating Valencia 3-2 in the Final. Champions League Dream Team had 10 of my players. Messi being the other player.

Won Club World Championship.

Won European Super Cup by beating Hannover 3-0.

Had to terminate Essien's contract at the end of my 2nd season. He literally injured 7 players during training over the course of less than two months, and I had to play the Champions League final against Barca with a few players out due to his antics. Aguero scored 20 mins in and Hamsik got red carded in the 26th, won 1-0. Also won the League Cup and Title by 15 points, my only loss of the entire season was against Man City in the FA Cup Semi-final where I lost on penalties (it was an awful shootout, they scored 2 we scored 1).

That's mental :D

After seeing the latest about AVB in the press i decided to give myself ago at transforming the club with my persona as profesional status.

I took the task of removing alot of the senior players in the first window

chelseatransfershistory.png

I'm going to keep Cech, Terry and Lamps for the first season, had interest in Mikel who will stay until December.

Think ive made some decent transfers and my first three fixtures suggest so.

August Update

Stoke (A) 0-4 Torres(3) Hulk

Liverpool (H) 4-0 Cahill Torres(2) Mata

Aston Villa (H) 0-0

Edit: on deadline day we signed RB Sebastian corchina from FC Sochaux

I'm struggling to get the best out of Sturridge, Mata and Torres. Anyone got any advice?

One idea - Run a 4-3-3 with Sturridge/Torres on the left as poachers, Mata in the middle as trequarista, and someone like Lukaku/Drogs/Cavani at targetman on the right (along with three midfielders).

Another - Run 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with Sturridge/Torres on the left as poachers along with a targetman and have Mata at AMC trequarista.

Yet another - Sign Aguero, use him as trequarista, and try Mata as a poacher. Sell off Torres, have Sturridge as backup.

Well the January transfer window has now closed so it's time for an update of my teams results since my last update at the start of December. We are now 23 games into the Premier League season.

December

Carling cup Qtr Final - Everton (H) 2-0 (Terry, Niang)

Premier League - Fulham (A) 2-3 (Willian, Ramires, Sturridge)

Champs League - Villarreal (H) 2-0 (Kakuta, Sturridge)

Premier League - Everton (H) 4-1 (Willian 2, Neymar 2)

Premier League - Man City (H) 5-0 (Willian 3, Mata, Sturridge)

Premier League - Sunderland (A) 1-4 (Sturridge 2, Ramires, Neymar)

Premier League - West Brom (A) 1-4 (Sturridge, Rodwell, Neymar 2 (1 pen))

Premier League - Blackburn (H) 2-0 (Robinson (og), Sturridge)

A brilliant month for us with eight wins out of eight and plenty of goals scored. Daniel Sturridge had a very good month, as did Neymar as the pair started to click together. Willian was anther great performer, particularly in getting a hattrick over Man City.

January

Premier League - Stoke (H) 5-2 (Kakuta, Sturridge 2 (1 pen), McEachran, Neymar)

FA Cup 3rd Rnd - Dagenham and Redbridge (A) 0-3 (Barkley 2, Bruma)

Premier League - Wigan (A) 0-0

Carling Cup Semi-final 1st Leg - Arsenal (A) 0-0

Premier League - Tottenham (H) 1-0 (Bassong (og))

Premier League - Aston Villa (A) 0-1 (Terry)

Carling Cup Semi-final 2nd Leg - Arsenal (H) 2-1 (Willian, Terry)

Solid month with the only draws coming away to Wigan in the league and then away at Arsenal in the Carling Cup first leg. In the Carling Cup we did see off Arsenal over two legs to get to our third Carling Cup final in a row. Unfortunately in that first leg Neymar got injured and was ruled out for three weeks.

Also this month Ross Turnbull requested that his contract be terminated, which I accepted. And Branislav Ivanovic departed the club, joining Kaiserslauten for £5million.

Thoughts Going Forward

With thirteen league games to go we are currently thirteen points clear and racing towards a second title in a row. Our next fixture is the FA Cup 4th round against Norwich.

Birmingham will be our opponents in this seasons Carling Cup final, and Shakhtar Donestk are the side we face in the first knocut round of the Champions League.

------------------------------------------------

Any comments or suggestions are welcome, and I'll post any screenshots you want. Cheers to those of you who took the time to read this.

One idea - Run a 4-3-3 with Sturridge/Torres on the left as poachers, Mata in the middle as trequarista, and someone like Lukaku/Drogs/Cavani at targetman on the right (along with three midfielders).

Another - Run 4-1-2-1-2 diamond with Sturridge/Torres on the left as poachers along with a targetman and have Mata at AMC trequarista.

Yet another - Sign Aguero, use him as trequarista, and try Mata as a poacher. Sell off Torres, have Sturridge as backup.

Cheers for the advice, i'll give the 4-3-3 a try.

Wow, hows your luck Essien. He just returned from injury on a new save i started, went on International Duty with Ghana an broke his leg -_-

He's still out 2-5 weeks on mine, hope he stays injury free when he comes back as he can still be a very useful player.

You know, I was too busy focused on Vidal that I forgot two players that would probably be a bit easier to get - Fellaini and Sissoko (Toulouse). Sadly Fellaini had joined Man City for a measly £8 million (maybe end of contact?) but have managed to sign Sissoko for £16 million. Now just need to decide whether I want to keep Ramires for cover, or cash in. He's currently valued at £9 million and his contact expires end of season.

For a box-to-box I just think his technical stats aren't great, combined with his 10 balance and 12 strength means he can easily get knocked off the ball. Despite various training schedules I'm struggling to get him to develop more so he's more than likely reached his potential ability.

Season 2013/2014 Pre Season

Transfers In:

Moussa Sissoko - £16.5 million - Toulouse

Abdoul Youssof - £10 million - Auxerre

Few regens/youngsters

Transfers Out:

Lampard - Free

Turnbull - Free

Bruma - £3 million - Werder Bremen

Ivanovic - £9 million - At. Madrid

Meireles - £4 million - At. Madrid (his £10 million move to PSG fell through) and no one would pay any higher.

Quite a lot of reserve and youth players release on a free.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Oh Leuven 0 - 5 Chelsea

FC Brussels - 6 Chelsea

KV Mechelen 0 - 7 Chelsea

Vitesse 0 - 3 Chelsea

Club Brugge 0 - 3 Chelsea

Chelsea 3 - 0 Sporting (POR)

Palermo 0 - Chelsea 1

Community Shield

Chelsea 3 - 0 Middlesborough

Super Cup

PSG 3 - 4 Chelsea (We were 3-1 down at half time).

Premier League - August

Norwich 0 - 2 Chelsea

Chelsea 4 - 2 Arsenal

Premier League - September

Bolton 1 - 1 Chelsea

Chelsea 2 - 0 Villa

Everton 1 - 2 Chelsea

Carling Cup Third Round

Chelsea 2 - 0 Stoke

Champions League

"Easy" group apparently.

Chelsea

AC Milan

Dortmund

CFR Cluj

Only played one group game so far which was vs Cluj at home which we won 5-1.

You know, I was too busy focused on Vidal that I forgot two players that would probably be a bit easier to get - Fellaini and Sissoko (Toulouse). Sadly Fellaini had joined Man City for a measly £8 million (maybe end of contact?) but have managed to sign Sissoko for £16 million. Now just need to decide whether I want to keep Ramires for cover, or cash in. He's currently valued at £9 million and his contact expires end of season.

How about Rodwell? I know he's usually available relatively cheap - $25-35M or so, and is a pretty versatile player. I didn't buy him this year but in FM11 saves that I bought him he became a 3.5 star player after a year or two.

Anyways, Starting my 3rd season, spent some cash on the youth team (as usual). I have 16 4-star potential players under the age of 20 right now sitting in my reserves/youth, pretty happy about that. Unfortunately only one of them is a defender, and many of them are going to be fighting for the same position (for example 3 of them are targetmen, 3 are poachers, 7 are midfielders) within the youth/reserve team, so it's going to be tricky developing them all properly through loaning and tutoring and such (and I seem to suck at tutoring players properly). Here are some of them..

petrelli.png

martineze.png

hermanutz.png

delic.png

One of them will be my future box-box midfielder and another will be my ball winning midfielder. Any thoughts on which should be which?

As for attacking options:

holm.png

schreier.png

weberj.png

Not sure which one of the first two are better. Weber is my future replacement for Hamsik, but I'll have to play him as an attacking advanced playmaker instead of a supporting deep-lying playmaker like Hamsik.

Decided to let a few players go in January and bring a few in, so:

Ins

Gary Cahill - £20 Million over 48 months - Wanted to bring Gary in and Bolton wouldn't settle for any less, so decided to do it over 48 months

Jean Marie Dongou - Young lad from Barcelona, signed him for free but had to give Barcelona £2 Million compensation, he has 4 star potential and scored on his debut in the FA Cup

Yaya Sanogo - £3 Million - Couldn't say no to him for only £3 Million, also scored on his debut in the same FA Cup Match

Ross Barkley - £7.5 Million - Again, couldn't say no, such a cheap price for such a good young player

Outs

Nicolas Anelka - £1.8 Million to Bayern Munich - Didn't have a future with me and got a nice bit of money for him

Florent Malouda - £6 Million to Liverpool - Again didn't have a future with me and a nice big sum of money.

Only half way through January, don't think there will be anymore players coming in but still looking to offload Kalou whenever an offer comes in.

End of season 2011/2012

Throughout the years, I’ve played pretty much exclusively with Chelsea. I never posted updates in this thread before though, despite regularly checking this thread for other’s updates. This time, I decided to write my own updates as well :)

Upon embarking my Chelsea career, I have a few philosophies which I’d like to stick to. I’ll outline them here:

1) Play in a dominant, attractive way. Think of Barcelona. I don’t play exactly like Barca, but it largely follows the same ideas (lot of pressure on the ball, possession oriented build up etc.

2) Focus on buying younger players with potential and developing them myself. The second aim of this is to keep transfer and wage costs down.

3) Use the Carling Cup to play youngsters/reserves.

The formation I use, is 4-3-3:

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8228/chelseatacticsteaminstr.png

Ideally, I have two players per position. One first team player and one younger player with potential. To this end, I decided to sell Drogba and Anelka. I already have Torres and Lukaku for the striker position and Mata, Sturridge, Malouda and Kalou as wingers. In addition, both Anelka and Drogba are on high wages and only have one year left on their contract. So I decided to cash in on them. Drogba went to Internazionale for €11,5M, Anelka left for PSG for €4,8M. This left me with some cash to spend. I bought Muniain from Athletic for €24M (his release clause) and Azpilicueta for €14M from Marseille. I intended to use Muniain as backup for Malouda at AML and Azpilicueta as backup for Bosingwa at DR. This meant I wanted to sell Ferreira and Kalou, as both where now surplus to requirements. Ferreira left for €1,2M to Atlético. Kalou didn’t receive any proper offers, so he stayed the entire season and left on a free for Napoli afterwards.

So at the start of the season, these where my players:

GK: Cech/Turnbull/Hilário

DR: Bosingwa/Azpilicueta

DC: Luiz/Ivanovic

DC: Terry/Alex

DL: Cole/Bertrand

DM: Ramires/Romeu

MC: Mikel/McEachran

MC: Lampard/Meireles

AMR: Mata/Sturridge

AML: Malouda/Muniain

ST: Torres/Lukaku

With the way I want to play, I want both my MC’s to be technical players. Ramires doesn’t fit this bill, Mikel does. That’s why I converted Ramires to DM and Mikel to MC.

It didn’t take long before Azpilicueta and Muniain ousted Bosingwa and Malouda for the first team spot though. They both performed well, to my delight. In addition, in January, Man City came in for Alex. His value at the time was €8M. I managed to get €16M for him. I accepted, as Alex would turn 30 in the summer with just one year left on his contract. This offer was therefore too good to turn down. I used Romeu as backup at DC and Essien as backup for DM for the second half of the season.

Here is the transfer history:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2280/chelseatransfershistory.png

My aim for the first season was to finish at least third in the league. I figured both Manchester clubs would be too strong, especially since the first season would probably be a bit of a transition season, trying to impart my own style of play on the team. It was obvious the team needed some time to adapt. From my first seven league matches, I only won two. I drew three and lost two. I only scored nine and conceded eight. I kept faith though, because performances looked very promising indeed.

The Carling Cup was a short ride this year, going out against Man City away in the quarter final. We gave them a run for their money though.

The FA Cup was also a short ride, disappointingly going out in the fifth round, away against West Brom:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1766/westbromvchelseainforma.png

In the Champions League, I got grouped with Basel, Dortmund and Zenit. We finished top of the group on 15 points. Basel gave us a run for our money though, also finishing on 15 points, surprisingly beating us at Stamford Bridge 2-3, with a hattrick from Frei:

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4416/chelseavbaselinformatio.png

We had already beaten them 4-0 away, so we finished top of the group. In the knockout stages, we first got paired with Lyon, FC Kobenhavn and Napoli. We won all matches, home and away. Lyon we’re dispatched 2-1 (A) and 5-2 (H), FC Kobenhavn 1-0 (H) and 3-0 (A) and Napoli 1-0 (H) and 4-0 (A). In the final, we encountered arch rivals Arsenal… who would be the first London team to win the Champions League?

Meanwhile, our Premier League form picked up after the first seven matches. In fact, we had quite an astonishing season:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1782/chelseafixturesfixturesa.png

Lukaku had a very good debut season, scoring some important (late) goals:

http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/2964/chelseavmancityinformat.png

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5678/blackburnvchelseainform.png

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3036/stokevchelseainformatio.png

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/1950/manutdvchelseainformati.png

Like I said, I want to play in an attractive, dominant way, even when playing away against the likes of Man City, Man Utd etc. We obviously didn’t always win, but performances were always good. We rarely got outplayed or outpassed, but Everton away was one such match. We got away though:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2710/evertonvchelseainformat.png

In the end, we finished on 92 points, far above my expectation. It was a very close season between ourselves and both Manchester clubs though. City finished on 90 points, Man Utd unfortunately on 93… We were always playing catch up and had to rely on them not winning their last match at home against Sunderland. We went out with a bang, beating Norwich 7-0 away, but Utd didn’t slip up. It did mean we were the team scoring most league goals the season though, for whatever that’s worth :D At least we still had the CL final to play against Arsenal…

Here’s the table:

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/1852/barclayspremierleagueovn.png

Despite losing both league matches against Arsenal (despite outplaying them at home), I wanted to play like we’d done all season. I wasn’t going to abandon my philosophy and shut up shop. I wanted to win the right way. The final was a tight affair, both teams being their equal and not many chances created. As the match went on, we started to get the upper hand a little bit though. Then, on 78 minutes, Terry received a ball from out wide and expertly slotted it past the goalkeeper at the far post.

Unfortunately, it was an own goal.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7240/arsenalvchelseainformat.png

Thus the first season was over. It went better than expected, even though the end was tough to take. It was a good platform to build on for the future though. In the end, we played 57, scored 132 (2.3 per game) and conceded 31 (0.5 per game).

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/139/chelseasquadplayers.png

Just been shocked by how well my youth/reserves did against West Brom in the League Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg. West Brom put out their usual starting 11 and my team was as follows:

GK: Hilario

RB: Branislav Ivanovic

CB: Nathaniel Chalobah

CB: Alex ©

LB: Ryan Bertrand

CM: Oriol Romeu

CM: Josh McEachran

CM: Connor Clifford

STR: Yaya Sanogo

STC: Romelu Lukaku

STL: Sammy Ameobi

Subs:

George Saville (Brought on for Romeu 64th minute)

Milan Lalkovic (Brought on for Lukaku 64th minute)

John Terry (Brought on for Alex due to injury 34th minute)

So not the strongest of sides to be playing a premier league team with there normal starting 11 out there but here is what happened.

21l4ykz.png

I expected us to put out a good performance and keep the 2-1 score from the other leg intact, possibly get another goal or two, but never expected us to win 6-0. Very happy to see Clifford pick up a hat trick for us, our lowest rating in the match was 6.9 for Lalkovic and Saville, and even thats good to say they were only on the pitch 25 minutes.

Anyone else had results like this that has shocked them?

What's everyone's thoughts on Liverpool's Jack Robinson? Seems like a good replacement to Cashley. I had a $40M bid accepted and he's only asking $105K/week wages. Starting third year, I have Digne but not sure he will be quite good enough. I could also buy Alex Sandro for a little over $50M.

Sold him, he was only a 2 star PA and at the time I was planning on having Cesar Azpillicueta as my future left-back until I sold off Bosingwa and couldn't buy Vrsaljko for a decent enough price. Decided to keep Cesar at his better position and look for a Cole replacement.

I wasn't playing fm for a while when i finally came back i started new save, game starting mid dec 2011 we was 9th and the old boys wasn't really doing it and some of the young guys didnt get enough game time so i done this

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2280/chelseatransfershistory.png

The only regrets are that both Kalou and Drogba signed pre contracts so no fee received both dropped to reserves and the only two teams that wanted Lampard for £15m was both from Manchester i chose the both bids and let him decided. Despite the changes I made we missed out on fourth in last two games.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3391/englishpremierdivisionoo.png

I was still fairly pleased, but I had to continue the rebuild for the second season on 18/07/2012 this is the activity so far don't think I'll do much more but the right player at the right price.Never no.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2280/chelseatransfershistory.png

this is the squad at the moment some could be loaned :

GK - CECH ,COURTOIS ,DELAC(RES GK)

RB - BOSINGWA ,SANTON

CB - TERRY ,CAHILL ,LUIZ ,IVANOVIC

LB - COLE ,PVA ,BERTRAND(LOAN LISTED)

DM - MIKEL ,ROMEU

CM - ESSIEN ,MEIRELES ,RAMIRES ,WITSEL ,MCEACHRAN(LOAN LISTED)

RW - HULK ,STURRIDGE

LW - MATA ,PEROTTI

AM - KAKUTA(COVER FOR RW & LW)

ST - TORRES ,LUKAKU

Looking at maybe another st as I want the likes of piazon and davila to gain more training and first team experience.

Sold Lampard?! Don't think I could bring myself to do that.

I would look into getting a better AMC, Kakuta isn't good enough to be 1st choice until about the third season in my opinion.

he is not 1st choice i just not sure on his best position i don't use amc i just put him in there as its his natural position and can't decide if he's best on left or right or amc.

As for the Lampard deal i have never done it before but just decided that the results for the first half of the season prior to me taking over was so poor that i need rid of the old guard but wanted to keep a couple I decided cech ,terry ,cole ,essien could do a job for me but alex ,anelka ,drogba ,malouda had to go lampard only went as i thought £15m was good money for a 33 yr old

Archived