FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

can you show some screenshots of your team J.T? would like to see some of your youngsters.

Yeh, who do you want to see? TBH I haven't really payed much attention to developing original youth like Mceachran, Chalaboh etc..

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting, What year?

I'm in my second season, Capacity at 43,000 and ever game I get 43,000. So total sell out.

BUT when I ask for new stadium, They tell me there is no evidence that we will fill it :(

Same thing happened to me throughout my entire second season and beginning of my third season. In March of my 3rd season, they refused but I countered saying that we'd get left behind by our rivals and they reconsidered.

btw how is Oriol Romeu performing for people, no one seems to mention him.

OriolRomeuOverview_Attributes.png

Pretty much first choice DMC for me with the sale of Mikel in the summer. I have Crisetig as rotation. He hasn't started the season that well but he has been a rock for me in the past.

I want to get rid of Daniel Sturridge as he is too selfish and does not past the ball when he plays which is doing my head in, I have Navas as first-choice but would like a could back-up could you people reccomend one to me please..

Think it would be a mistake, I don't know about your save but on mine he just cant stop scoring, BUT granted I play him as a forward

In the first season I used him as a winger, And didn't get enough assists like your saying :)

Think it would be a mistake, I don't know about your save but on mine he just cant stop scoring, BUT granted I play him as a forward

In the first season I used him as a winger, And didn't get enough assists like your saying :)

I have enough forwards, so he will not get a chance there.

Danny plays well enough for me as well but I have the same problem. I play him as a winger and he doesn't pass the ball nearly enough. He's a squad rotation player for me because Di Maria and Mata are immense in my game as wingers. I keep him because he's a home grown player but if the price is right, he'll be gone.

Well I had a terrible end to the season!

I was 9 points clear of both Man Utd and Man City with just 4 league games to play. All I needed was to pick up 4 points from my final 4 games. Of course we then went on to draw the next 3 games meaning that we needed a point from our final game of the season against Man City to stop Man Utd from winning the league. We lost 0-2 =[.

Then there was the champions league final which we lost 1-0 to Ajax. God I hate this game at times!

Prologue

I have read through the thread a fair bit of late, aswell as asking various questions about how the young players at Chelsea develop, and have finally decided to start a save with Chelsea! I've never had one before, and given my plans for the club, this could be rather fun!

Updates will usually posted after the summer transfer window, then after 13 league games, the closure of the January transfer window, and then at the end of the season. The odd great performance will be posted aswell.

I was going to post after the summer transfer window in this my first post of my save as an introduction, but I was enjoying it so much that I carried on playing, and I have now played 13 league games!

Time to stop rambling and get on with my first update!

Brief Intro

I am playing under the name Bruno Gama, a former Portuguese international with an impressive record of 20 goals in 40 caps. I am just 33 years of age, with a brithdate of November 12th 1978.

For my save I have loaded up the English leagues down to League 2, and also the top divisions from France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the Netherlands. I am playing on a large database which has been slightly edited, although nothing major has been changed regarding players at Chelsea or any other club, with the exception of the creation of Islam Feruz.

Contract and Expectations

I have been given a two year contract by the board with a weekly wage of £27,000p/w. Challenging for the title is the minimum expectation I selected for this season, and the board also expect the team to reach the semi-finals of the Champions League, and the FA Cup finals. The performance in the Carling Cup is not seen as important.

To achieve my goals I was handed a transfer budget of £14million and a wage budget of £2million.

On personal note, I am hoping to establish Chelsea as the dominant force in English football in this save, aswell as bring European success to the club.

Transfer Activity

Over the first couple of seasons a revamp of the squad will take place with young players been given a chance and older players playing a less significant role. The first thing I did upon taking charge was sell many of the older players. This meant favourites such as Didier Drogba moving on as soon as possible, even if the fee wasn't quite as good as it might have been.

I have also decided that huge money signings will not be a focus of mine either, just smart buys. That of course does not mean I won't pay big if needs be, just that I won't go over the top if I can help it.

Players Out;

Alex - £13million - Manchester City

Florent Malouda - £13million (paid over 24 months) - PSG

Didier Drogba - £10million - Internazionale

Nicolas Anelka - £4million - PSG

Jose Bosingwa - £4million - Palermo

Paulo Ferreira - £1.1million - Atletico Madrid

Billy Clifford - £600k - Blackpool

Some decent fee's and some poor ones. Atleast all but one of these deals were with the money upfront, and I got a fair bit off the wage bill.

Players In;

Gary Cahill - £12million - Bolton

Seamus Coleman - £8.5million (£3.5million upfront, £5million over 18 months) - Everton

Willian - £7.5million - Shakhtar Donetsk

Leonardo Bittencourt - £1.5million - Energie Cottbus

Good deals all round I would say. All four signings showing how I am trying to look longer term, with Gary Cahill being the oldest at 25.

First Team Squad

As you can see by my transfers the squad has already changed somewhat. The system I have mostly used is a 4-2-3-1 system, though I am trying to develop a 4-3-1-2 system to allow me to play both Torres and Sturridge.

Goalkeepers;

1.Petr Cech

22.Ross Turnbull

40.Hilario

Defenders;

2.Branislav Ivanovic

3.Ashley Cole

4.David Luiz

17.Gary Cahill

26.John Terry - Captain

27.Seamus Coleman

34.Ryan Bertrand

45.Nathaniel Chabolah

Midfielders;

5.Michael Essien

6.Oriol Romeu

7.Ramires

8.Frank Lampard - Vice captain

10.Juan Mata

12.John Obi Mikel

16.Raul Meireles

19.Willian

20.Josh McEachran

31.Leonardo Bittencourt

52.Jacob Mellis

Forwards;

9.Fernando Torres

18.Romelu Lukaku

21.Saloman Kalou

23.Daniel Sturridge

Just looking down the list of players I can already see a change in emphasis towards younger footballers. Hopefully players such as Chabolah and McEachran develop well, given time of course.

The Season So Far

Our preseason went well, winning all of our fixtures, including all three on a tour of Japan and a 5-0 win in Ireland against Shamrock Rovers. The season opener came on August 13th, and we got off to a flying start, which has carried on.

August

Premier League - Norwich (H) 4-0 (Torres, Mata, Willian, Lampard)

Premier League - Newcastle (A) 1-3 (Tiote (og), Torres, Terry)

Premier League - Aston Villa (H) 5-1 (Mata 3 (1 pen), Willian, Lampard (pen))

A great opening month to the campaign, with the goals flowing and the defence relatively tight. At the end of the month the draw for the Champions League was made and we were put in a group with CSKA Moscow, Lille, and Napoli.

September;

Premier League - Q.P.R (A) 0-2 (Hedenstad (og), Mata)

Champions League - CSKA Moscow (H) 3-0 (A.Berezutskiy (og), Mata, Sturridge)

Premier League - Blackburn (A) 0-1 (Mata)

Carling Cup - Bolton (H) 3-0 (Lukaku, Mellis, Wheater (og)

Premier League - Arsenal (H) 4-3 (Mata 2, Willian 2)

Champons League - Lille (A) 1-1 (Lampard)

Another good month for us, with the only blot on the copy book coming in the Champions League game away to Lille. Juan Mata was outstanding throughout the month.

October;

Premier League - Man United (A) 1-2 (Lampard, Willian)

Premier League - Swansea (A) 0-0

Champions League - Napoli (H) 3-0 (Campagnaro (og), Terry, Lampard (pen))

Premier League - Everton (H) 3-0 (Torres, Mata, Lukaku)

Carling Cup - Burnley (H) 4-1 (Lukaku 2, Bittencourt, Mellis)

Premier League - Wigan (H) 3-1 (Mata, Lampard, Lukaku)

Apart from the poor draw at Swansea, (one of just two points they have won so far), it was another very good month for us. The victory away at United was a great performance, as was the 3-0 win at home to Everton. In the Carling Cup, the reserves/younger players put on another good show.

Novermber;

Champions League - Napoli (A) 1-1 (Torres)

Premier League - Wolves (A) 1-1 (Torres)

Premier League - Sunderland (H) 5-0 (Torres 2, Luiz, Lampard (pen), Sturridge)

Champions League - CSKA Moscow (A) 0-3 (Kalou, Schennikov (og), Lampard)

Premier League - West Brom (A) 2-1 (Mikel)

Carling Cup - Cardiff (A) 0-4 (Sturridge, Keinan (og), Luiz, Lukaku (pen))

A very frustrating month for us. Three very good wins, but also three other games in which we just weren't good enough. We still sit top of the league though, five clear of Tottenham and Manchester City. We have qualified from our Champions League, ensuring top spot with a game to spare. And in the Carling Cup semi-finals we have been drawn against Everton or Stoke.

Thoughts So Far

So far then we are going along very well. The team is playing some good exciting football, and we are scoring a very good amount of goals. Defensively we could be a bit tighter though. Torres has been a little inconsistent, and Sturridge a bit below par as I struggle to find his best position and role. Juan Mata has been the star though, scoring 11 and assisting 3 in his 15 appearances so far.

The younger boys, Lukaku, McEachran and Mellis inparticular, have all done well when called upon, and in the Carling Cup have put in some cracking performances.

------------------------------------------------

Any comments or suggestions are welcome, and I'll post any screenshots you want. Cheers to those of you who took the time to read this.

NewStadium.png

Asked at the beginning of December in my third season and it was finally granted (I've asked a few times already)! Quite happy as it will move me up to the Third highest capacity in the league as well as bringing in more matchday funds which will mean I'm not always losing money per month (which I offset by selling players and buying youngsters like we all do!).

Update.

In celebration of our new stadium being granted we decided to take QPR out back for a little bit of a trashing at the Bridge.

ChelseavQPRInformation_Overview.png

Lampard at the ripe old age of 35 still murdering defence's with his clinical finishing and Luiz with his flamboyancy added insult to injury.

september 2011 update

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8729/chelseafixturesfixtures.png

As you can see i have had two bad results the draw against lille and the loss to swansea but despite that im still top of prem and CL group, the attacking play is good defensive part of the game still needs some work. Winning against a full strength spurs in LC with youg players is my favourite result this month. my new signing Arnautovic has had a steady start considering he has been disrupted by injury. but at 22 he will be a star and the way things are going with him he should turn out to be a snip at 19m.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9268/markoarnautovicoverview.png

Next update 1st nov 2011 where ill discuss my i deas for transfers in and out

ChelseavSheffUtdInformation_Overview.png

The QPR result wasn't good enough for us, so we decided to take it out on Sheffield United. Torres grabbing himself 4 more to take him to 31 goals in 26 appearances this season for me, with just about everyone else in the team grabbing a piece of the cake as well.

koolaz

Yeah he is a good player. Has a bunch of potential and if you nurture him correctly becomes a very good pacey forward. I've only used him once on my Barcelona save and he developed well but was never able to dislodge Messi (obviously) from the single ST position I use. Was very good when I did call on him though.

I am currently playing a game with Chelsea (being a Chelsea fan) and am desperately wanting a player in the modric mould, i know tottenham are our rivals but is there anyway at all i will be able to sign him as when i agree a fee with tottenham modric wont even listen to my offer, same with bale and dawson. I have tried to interact with the players themselves and even Harry Redknapp but just dont get a chance to offer them a deal, some advice would be good.

Also. while i'm here, i'm having problems with conceding goals, i have tried a deep defensive line and a high line in a 4-3-3, fluid (also balanced, and very fluid) control (also attacking) slow tempo and fast tempo but concede goals mainly from set pieces left, right and centre, i put my match preparation on defending set pieces but majority of goals conceded come from set pieces, it's doing my nut in. same with long shots too, i have between 15/20 shots on goal with a good 12/14 sometimes from long range and off target, again i have tried slowing the tempo down, long shots on most players to 'rarely' but players like Meireles, ramires and couple of others still shot from ridiculous angles. i'm getting to the point where i'm thinking of going back to FM11 as i never had this problem in that game.

Any help would be appreciated.

NOV/DEC 2011 update

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8729/chelseafixturesfixtures.png

As you can see im out of the LC too many of the young players not getting the luck in front of goal but i always see it as a way of giving games to youth never bothered about winning it , BUT the newcastle game was a nightmare we played so badly. Those were the only down points of the last two months. As im in december i thought id mention my transfer plans- out are going to be alex, anelka and maybe romeu on loan. In will be shawcross, marin maybe one other but they are the main jan targets. Quick mention to kalou who has been amazing his form is the reason im only looking at 1 winger he has nailed down the Lw pos for the most part of this season.

Those are some incredible results Intercept! KUTGW :thup:

CFC1983 if you've been changing your tactics too regularly and too drastically the team won't have time to gel and adapt. I've conceded a few from set pieces too, you can try simply packing the box and sending everyone back, going for a slower build up to allow them to get back up the pitch after set pieces. With the long shots, keep the tempo low and set them to rarely (as you have before), but you could also decrease the creative freedom a little if you've been playing a very creative system, as that allows them to go for long shots. Also try and play a more compact system in midfield, that way players should always have a player to pass to and won't resort to thumping it from long range. Hope some of that helps.

Here's my update:

September 2014

Premier League

Arsenal 0 - 4 Chelsea

Torres 15'

Mata 20'

Muniain 33'

JT 80'

Great performance and a great win, it was all out attack by both sides but Cech was in inspired form as was JT who threw himself in front of everything. Up front we were incredibly composed and clinical, a great away win

Champions League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Besiktas

Lukaku 3', 29'

McEachran 19'

Good solid win, I'm enjoying my striker rotation, working very well so far.

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Aston Villa

Torres 13'

Sturridge 18', 30'

Danny's started the season brilliantly, lots of good direct running and some end product too. Sadly his attributes have barely increased since the start of this save, but he's worth £16.5m now and he's performing well so I'm not too bothered.

League Cup 3rd Round

Blackburn 1 - 2 Chelsea

Samba 51'

Lukaku 81'

Kovacic 85'

Fantastic comeback in the last 10 minutes, we'd dominated the entire game but stayed calm and got the reward

Premier League

Man City 0 - 2 Chelsea

Lukaku 81'

Sturridge 88'

Another good win in the last 10 minutes, Lukaku proving a great weapon at the end of matches.

Champions League

Maccabi Haifa 1 - 5 Chelsea

Anthony Reed 22', 79'

Kakuta 29'

Maimon 54'

Itsik Cohen OG 60'

Lukaku 70'

A nice away win, dominant from the start, Reed is my ball playing centre back and his occasional marauding runs and incisive passing have been very impressive so far.

Conclusions

Overall I've been very pleased with this month, not conceding too many and playing very well up front. I'm especially pleased with the games we've won late on, I've been sticking to my guns and playing the risky attacking game right up until the end, even when a draw would seem a good result, and it's really paid off. The youngsters have been great, Anthony Reed especially is going to be absolutely sensational, I'll post his development at the end of the season.

First Season UPdate

Transfers

http://imageshack.us/f/3/endtransfers.jpg/

Competitions

League

http://imageshack.us/f/543/leaguej.jpg/

This was a three horse race between my team and the manchester clubs. It was great duelling with them for league glory. Won it at the third last game of the season.

Champions League

http://imageshack.us/f/337/championsleaguey.jpg/

This tie was great although it was awful at the same time because of that idiot of a ref called ovrebo

Fa cup

http://imageshack.us/f/194/facupt.jpg/

Man city played with us in this game

Carling cup

http://imageshack.us/f/848/leaguecup.jpg/

Went out at the first round. Didnt really care if i progressed or not in this cup

Best Player

MaTA

http://imageshack.us/f/853/matax.jpg/

mata was just too good he had 27 goals and 30 assists in the season.

Honourable Mentions

Cavani

http://imageshack.us/f/339/cavanid.jpg/

Missed the first 3 months through injury. if wasnt for that would have got way more goals.

Torres

http://imageshack.us/f/339/torrese.jpg/

Cheer up lad you need to see the funny side of things like that
No need to cry mate, it's only Europa League and football on thursday nights :lol:

Personally, I think I'm making a valid point. Barring the Off Tpic Thread, the GPTG is about Football Manager, not real life football. For that, there is the Football Forum.

Personally, I think I'm making a valid point. Barring the Off Tpic Thread, the GPTG is about Football Manager, not real life football. For that, there is the Football Forum.

loool dont matter if it is off topic it is a little side story if you prefer cheer up or most likely you are a man utd supporter who just cannot take the dizzy heights of CHANNEL 5 lool

Although it is pretty funny, he does have a valid point. I'm not really keen having to trawl through threads that go off-topic, where there's a place to talk about it elsewhere. However, I hate backseat moderation as much as people going off-topic...

Just about to start the 2014/2015 season, took on the England job after Capello retired. Probably made even worse by England failing to reach the Quarter Finals. Also just glanced at my stats as a manager:

Played 197

Won 161

Drawn 31

Lost 5

Goals For 476

Goals Against 115

Win Ratio 81%

Hopefully going to start a Chelsea save soon. Was waiting to see what happened with Terry so I could make it as realistic as possible but I cant wait much longer. However I may just start and add it if it he got banned or whatever.

Just started a chelsea file last night, here is my team below.

GK: Cech/Turnbull

DL: Cole/Bertrand

DCR:Terry/Alex

DCL: Luiz

DR: Srna

DMC: Romeu/Mikel

MCR: Ramires/Mikel

MCL: Lampard/Meirieles

AML: Muniain/Malouda/Kalou

AMR: Sturridge/Mata

FC: Torres/Drogba/Lukaku

Transfers in:

Muniain £20.5m

Srna £14.75m

Transfers out:

Anelka £5.5m

Ferreria £250k

Bosingwa £2.5m

I wanted to get rid of some bit part players and Anelka wanted to leave on a free at the end of the season so I just brought his leaving date forward :)

I played my first game late last night with some very happy performances!

We played at our West Londons rivals Fulham ground in the league and was hoping for a solid win to start the campaign....boy did we get one.

We played some great attacking football and after 60 mins Torres got his hat-trick and put us 4-1 ahead....but we were not finished, I thought straight after Torres lovely hat trick I would bring out the Drog and was it a good decision.. he then bagged himself a hat trick! Ending the game as 7-1 winners :) very happy indeed and need our team to take this all the way into the other competitions. I will upload a screenshot of the game tonight when I am home, very much looking forward to getting stuck into this file!

For what it's worth I'm also with tomtuck01 on this. There is no need to post that in the GPTG section of the forums. If you want to go troll the Man United supporters join the long list of us doing so in the Football Forum, where it's meant to be. Deciding to do with this thread as you will is a bit annoying. I'm a Chelsea supporter myself but I'm also a Premier League supporter so for two of our top teams to have to play in the Europa League is actually rather sad.

Anyway, back on topic. I've just lost Silva and Costa for three weeks and Ashley Cole is finally starting to show his age as he is now out for a month after just returning from two weeks out. Lampard still looks like a monster for me and has only lost his acceleration and pace. JT still looks like the best CB you can get mentally and technically and he hasn't lost that much physically. I'm actually finding it hard to drop the three of them in favour of Bertrand, Chalobah and McEachran...

I have just gone through the January transfer window and I'm now 23 games into the Premier League season - that means it is time for an update of how my opening season is going!

December

Premier League - Fulham (H) 3-1 (Lampard, Torres, Luiz)

Champions League - Lille (H) 3-1 (Torres 2, Lampard (p))

Premier League - Bolton (A) 0-2 (Sturridge, Mata)

Premier League - Man City (A) 0-1 (Sturridge)

Premier League - Tottenham (H) 1-1 (Torres)

Premier League - Liverpool (H) 2-0 (Torres, Sturridge)

Premier League - Stoke (A) 1-4 (Ramire, Sturridge, Meireles, Torres)

A very good month for us, winning six out of our seven fixtures. Torres really came back to life after very few goals during October and November, and Sturridge started to produce aswell. The win over Lille meant we finished our Champions League group with four wins and two draws from our six group games.

January

Premier League - Norwich (A) 0-3 (Torres, Lampard, Sturridge)

FA Cup 3rd Round - Rochdale (H) 1-1 (Kalou)

Carling Cup Semi-final 1st Leg - Stoke (A) 2-0

Premier League - Newcastle (H) 3-0 (Lampard 3)

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Rochdale (A) 0-3 (McEachran, Mata, Mellis)

Premier League - Aston Villa (A) 2-4 (Mata 3, Sturridge)

Carling Cup Semi-final 2nd Leg - Stoke (H) 3-0 - AET (Torres, Terry, Lukaku)

FA Cup 4th Round - Sunderland (A) 0-5 (Torres 3, Lukaku, Mata)

Premier League - Q.P.R (H) 2-0 (Lampard 2)

A bit of a mixed bag this month. Awful performance against Rochdale from the reserves/younger boys, and they repeated it again against Stoke a few days later. Thankfuly in the replay against Rochdale we were much better, though I did have a couple more senior players in. The Carling Cup 2nd Leg against Stoke again asn't great, but we got the win withut needing penalties.

In the Premier League it was completely different as we won all four of our games, with Frank Lampard in stunning form.

Thoughts Going Forward

With 13 games to go in the Premier League campaign, we are looking like we should win it as we are already nine points clear. The Carling Cup final see's us play Arsenal, and even thogh it is not that important to win I'll be sending out a strong team.

Morecambe will travel to Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup 5th round, and in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round we have been given what should be favourable draw against FC Kobenhavn.

Fernando Torres has performed very well of late, scoring eight in his last eight game. Sturridge is still inconsistent overall, but thankfully the midfield has produced plenty of goals.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome, and I'll post any screenshots you want. Cheers to those of you who took the time to read this.

I have just gone through the January transfer window and I'm now 23 games into the Premier League season - that means it is time for an update of how my opening season is going!

December

Premier League - Fulham (H) 3-1 (Lampard, Torres, Luiz)

Champions League - Lille (H) 3-1 (Torres 2, Lampard (p))

Premier League - Bolton (A) 0-2 (Sturridge, Mata)

Premier League - Man City (A) 0-1 (Sturridge)

Premier League - Tottenham (H) 1-1 (Torres)

Premier League - Liverpool (H) 2-0 (Torres, Sturridge)

Premier League - Stoke (A) 1-4 (Ramire, Sturridge, Meireles, Torres)

A very good month for us, winning six out of our seven fixtures. Torres really came back to life after very few goals during October and November, and Sturridge started to produce aswell. The win over Lille meant we finished our Champions League group with four wins and two draws from our six group games.

January

Premier League - Norwich (A) 0-3 (Torres, Lampard, Sturridge)

FA Cup 3rd Round - Rochdale (H) 1-1 (Kalou)

Carling Cup Semi-final 1st Leg - Stoke (A) 2-0

Premier League - Newcastle (H) 3-0 (Lampard 3)

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay - Rochdale (A) 0-3 (McEachran, Mata, Mellis)

Premier League - Aston Villa (A) 2-4 (Mata 3, Sturridge)

Carling Cup Semi-final 2nd Leg - Stoke (H) 3-0 - AET (Torres, Terry, Lukaku)

FA Cup 4th Round - Sunderland (A) 0-5 (Torres 3, Lukaku, Mata)

Premier League - Q.P.R (H) 2-0 (Lampard 2)

A bit of a mixed bag this month. Awful performance against Rochdale from the reserves/younger boys, and they repeated it again against Stoke a few days later. Thankfuly in the replay against Rochdale we were much better, though I did have a couple more senior players in. The Carling Cup 2nd Leg against Stoke again asn't great, but we got the win withut needing penalties.

In the Premier League it was completely different as we won all four of our games, with Frank Lampard in stunning form.

Thoughts Going Forward

With 13 games to go in the Premier League campaign, we are looking like we should win it as we are already nine points clear. The Carling Cup final see's us play Arsenal, and even thogh it is not that important to win I'll be sending out a strong team.

Morecambe will travel to Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup 5th round, and in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round we have been given what should be favourable draw against FC Kobenhavn.

Fernando Torres has performed very well of late, scoring eight in his last eight game. Sturridge is still inconsistent overall, but thankfully the midfield has produced plenty of goals.

Certainly looks like Mata and Torres are producing some excellent performances. What formation are you playing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On to my game, I have just finished season 2. and the board just announced this:-

newstadiun.jpg

So I'm over the moon, Will update end of preseason 3!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Certainly looks like Mata and Torres are producing some excellent performances. What formation are you playing?

It just depends who I'm playing against to be honest. The three I have used though are 4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2, and 4-5-1.

Great that you have got a new stadium aswell, just as a few thers have. Definitely something to look forward to!

Good couple of months tomtuck, I enjoy reading your updates. Good luck with the rest of the season.

October 2014 roundup

Premier League

Chelsea 4 - 0 Bolton

Torres 3', 45+1', pen 79'

Kakuta 51'

A good win against a Bolton team who had been on a decent run of form

U21 International Match

Greece 0 - 6 England

McEachran and Alex Chamberlain got a couple of goals each in a very comfortable win for my England U21's side.

Premier League

Everton 0 - 5 Chelsea

Torres 19', 72'

Sturridge 45+2', 53'

Le Guerroue 81'

Fantastic attacking display, really pleased with this win, Danny was on fire

Champions League

Chelsea 3 - 1 CSKA

Mamaev OG 17'

Torres 42'

Mamaev 81'

Le Guerroue 90+3'

Bit of a nervy game this one, we dominated but our finishing was poor, when they got one bak I was a little oncerned, but my 16 year old French regen popped off the bench for his second goal in 2 sub appearances.

Premier League

Wolves 1 - 6 Chelsea

Torres 9', 56'

Muniain 39', 44'

Mata 52'

Vierinha 59'

Sturridge 77'

Another superb attacking display, this time Muniain the architect with 2 goals and 2 assists.

League Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 2 - 0 West Brom

Kakuta 27', 45+3'

Completely dominated them and deserved more goals but for our poor finishing. I was lacking Lukaku and Niang for this game and didn't want to play Torres, so a youngster came in and sadly didn't play brilliantly, but he has time to develop.

Conclusions

A very pleasing month with wins in every game, our league form was absolutely fantastic with goals flying in everywhere and the defence remaining surprisingly strong. Really looking forward to seeing this team develop, they play some lovely football with some incisive passing and fantastic wide-play on the counter.

ok so i decided ill skip too much detail of the first season as it could have been so much more. Finished 2nd in the prem 9 pts behnd united although could have been 3 but i played a youth team against them in last game of the season as the league was already lost. CL i lost in the semi to barcelona after a good win against bayern i thought i could take them down boy was i wrong bonus is they stuffed city in final domestic cups was a flop im looking for more from my young players this year.

Ok on to 2nd season i decided to change the squad around a bit with this transfer activity :

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2280/chelseatransfershistory.png

(The later three being youth)

which leaves my squad looking like this:

GK - cech,courtois,delac

RB - ivanovic,versaljko

LB - cole,bertrand

CB -terry,luiz,shawcross,alderweireld

DM -mikel,ramires,romeu

CM -lampard,kroos,mceachran,

AM -mata,davila

RW -arnautovic,kakuta

LW -marin,sturridge

ST -torres,lukaku,drogba

also having good depth in the reserves and lots of flexability in the squad in general means im happy with this squad blend only time will tell if it works. im using them in these formations:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2204/chelseatacticsoverview.png

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7469/chelseatacticsoverview2.png

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7568/chelseatacticsoverview3.png

tomtuck01

Looks like you're rolling along nicely there. Between Torres, Mata and Silva I've destroyed defence's for the past three seasons. Having issues keeping Silva fit at the moment but Mata and Torres seem to be bullet-proof. Have you also noticed that Torres is surprisingly resilient for someone who is meant to be as injury-prone as he is?

Bracken

As always you're continuing with your impeccable form. Although I might be toppling your Torres league record! He is currently at 34 goals in 25 games. The change in formation to a 4-2-4 seems to be working as he is absolutely thriving in it. Lukaku is also looking really good for me as he is at 22 goals in 22 games. Lampard has also re-ignited himself in the formation with 13 goals in 19 games doing so much damage that he is keeping Joshy out of the side no matter how hard I try to get him into it! :p

buckyohhare

If Rooney is floating around on a transfer I would definitely say get him. I hate him IRL but his stats in the game are irresistible. He is the perfect forward with only Aguero and Tevez being close to him (that is excluding Messi and Ronaldo ofc).

Bracken

Thanks for your kind words aobut my updates. As for your save, a very good month there as you said. The goals are certainly flowing.

buckyohhare

Whether you need Rooney or not, you can't ignore a player like him if he becomes available. If he's available at a decent price, I'd certainly look at getting him in.

Intercept

I know what you mean about Torres. Thus far he has only missed 10 days with a thigh strain. I hope it continues as so far he has banged in 20 goals from 28 appearances!

Olympics

Got knocked out of olympics after my team got torn by injuries, Had only 3 subs to choose from for semi game v japan. Funnily I had 35 shots in the game and just managed to score 1!

http://imageshack.us/f/193/olympicsk.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/stastom.jpg/

Start of season 2

Transfers

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/transfersseason2.jpg/

Made a nice profit thanks to mikel sale to juve

Squad at start of season 2

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/squadseason2.jpg/

Fixtures so far Played 3 games including 4-0 thrashing of arsenal

http://imageshack.us/f/847/fixturessofar.jpg/

Some good updates there guys

November 2014

Chelsea 6 - 0 Watford

Reed 10'

Lukaku 33'

Sturridge 43', 49', 63'

Kakuta 68'

Great win to keep up our form from last month

Champions League

CSKA Moscow 2 - 4 Chelsea

Muniain 12'

Torres 36', 70'

Doumbia 44', 53'

Mata 90+3'

Tough game but we held out for a good win

Premier League

Swansea 0 - 4 Chelsea

Torres 4', 39', 61'

Lampard pen 12'

Torres was sensational, as was Lamps who's still doing well despite his age

Chelsea 7 - 0 QPR

Reed 1', 7'

Lukaku 6', 10'

Muniain 19'

Kovacic 39'

Asamoah 90'

Unbelievable performance, fantastic attacking display. Reed is proving a fantastic goal threat as a ball-playing defender!

Readin 1 - 5 Chelsea

Pearce 18'

Kakuta 31'

JT 44;

Muniain 57', 85', 88'

Great win after we went behind, Muniain is fantastic.

Champions League

Besiktas 0 - 3 Chelsea

Sturridge 10', 70'

Lukaku 36'

Good solid away win to see us through the group.

Premier League

Chelsea 4 - 1 Tottenham

Mata 18', 49'

Asamoah 69'

Lukaku 77'

Luiz 86'

Zarate 89'

A strong performance against our rivals, shame for Luiz, sent off for a second booking so he won't miss too much.

Conclusions

A fantastic month, Muniain and Torres were the outstanding players, Muniain assists as many, if not more, than he scores, he's a real gem of a player. Top of the league comfortably having won every game, nice to see it all coming together with a really attacking team

Bracken - Nice month for you. The goals are continuing to flow I see.

In my save I'm at a very crucial point of the season. I've just played the first leg of the Champions Semi-finals, and today is Saturday April 21st, and in four days time I have the second leg of the Champions League Semi-final tie. At this stage of the season I would prefer to play smewhat "lesser" teams so that I could rest players as and when is neebed.

Going into the weekends fixtures we are just a point ahead of Manchester United, so we do not have chance to rotate players too much. Though we have a game in hand they are hot on our heels and any slip-up could be disastrous. United face a tea time kick off away at West Brom - a game they should probaly win. We travel to Tottenham, who lie in fourth place, for the lunch time game.

I thought this would be a tough game and so switched to my usual formation for the big away fixtures of 4-5-1 and playing on the counter attack. What came next was something I never expected;

stunningwinatspurs.png

Saloman Kalou kept up what has been a stunning run of form recently. Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge have been missing for the past few weeks, and Kalou has really stepped up, scoring seven golas in his last seven games.

United did win the late kick off at West Brom to keep up the pressure on us. Our last five league games looks like this;

Man City (H)

Liverpool (A)

Bolton (H)

Man United (H)

Stoke (H)

So although four of our five games are at home, it is a very tough run in. We may have the upper hand, but winning the title from here will still be a magnificent achievement.

Archived