FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

April 2013

april2013.png

After saying I was confident of winning the league we had a disastrous month losing 3 league games on the bounce! Still we beat United to reach the Semis of the Champions League and we're through to the final of the FA Cup for the second year running.

May 2013

may2013.png

And so my second season in charge comes to a magnificent end. We hung on in the league to win with a 4 point gap despite not performing particularly well. A win against Liverpool after extra time in the FA Cup gives us back to back doubles. All that was left to complete the treble was the Champions League final against Porto. What a comfortable game that ended up being. After going 3 up i bought on Josh and Drogba so that he could play his last game for the club.

Di Maria won players player of the year, I won manager of the year, and Alex, Di Maria, Mata and Torres were in the team of the year. Unfortunately I have a number of scouts and coaches retiring so will have to re-staff the club in the summer. Drogba is also hanging up his boots but that's no big loss and it will be nice to get his wages off the books. I'm going to have to have a reshuffle this summer as Busquets is unwanted and transfer listed at Barcelona with and asking price of 14mil, and i already have to many centre mids. I also need a decent right back and there's always the usual regen search that's bound to find someone :D

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in season 1. Everything is going great. I'm top by 7 points. Currently unbeaten! 28 games played. Only conceded 7. Not scoring as many as I used as going more defense minded for the clean sheets.

BUT can't get Lukaku to score. No matter what I do! :(

Wow thats the sort of player i want coming through but the board keep rejecting my requests to improve things.

Anyway forgot to post my squad so here you go:

squad2013.png

And here's the Champions League dream team :D

dreamteamr.png

So close to the perfect team!

I don't suppose anyone has screenshots of how some of the young players are looking after two or three seasons? I'm thinking Chalobah, Kalas, McEachran, Clifford and Mellis?

Also, has anyone put Islam Feruz into the game?

Well you can see how Chalobah's coming along for me a bit further up the page, I'll post McEachran and an updated Chalobah at the end of the season.

September 2013 Roundup

Premier League

Liverpool 0 - 3 Chelsea

Muniain 3', 62'

Lukaku 9'

Chose to let Lukaku start as he'd been in great form and let Nando have a rest against his old club, it wworked pretty well, with Muniain setting up Lukaku, and Lukaku setting up Muniain. Those two could have a great link up in future.

Champions League

Trabzonspor 0 - 5 Chelsea

JT 17'

Torres 24'

Mata 43'

Kakuta 86'

Kovacic 89'

Fantastic attacking performance in this game, a nice spread of goals too

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Wigan

Torres 24', 82'

Sturridge 56'

Good solid win, we had 35 shots but only 8 on target, need to improve that ratio. 67% possession though, not bad.

League Cup 3rd Round

Man City 1 - 2 Chelsea

Kakuta 6'

Danny 10'

Joe Hart OG 120'

Really pleased with the win as the average age must've been about 18, against a full strength City team. Took us to the last minute of extra time, but we deserved it.

Premier League

Tottenham 2 - 0 Chelsea

Van der Vaart 15'

Corluka 50'

Terrible way to end the month, we completely dominated but couldn't get a breakthrough, Gomes was outstanding and we just couldn't break him down.

Conclusions

Other than that defeat it was a very good month, despite the loss I'm sticking with my more attacking philosophy, we just have to hope our finishing is better next time.

Well you can see how Chalobah's coming along for me a bit further up the page, I'll post McEachran and an updated Chalobah at the end of the season.

Thanks alot Bracken, and I'm sorry for not looking closer at the thread and noticing the screenie of Chalobah!

Thanks alot Bracken, and I'm sorry for not looking closer at the thread and noticing the screenie of Chalobah!

No worries mate! I'd like to see a few more screenshots of them too, be interesting to see how they're developing for others, especially Chalobah

Update on 2nd season:

In: Aguero, Vidal, Emre Can, Luka Krajnc, Derflinger (free) 12 regens rated 3-4 star PA.

Out: Malouda ($7M), Hilario (free), Anelka (free), Taylor (free), Kaby (free), Mitrovic (free), Pirez (free), Gordon ($1.5M), Aanholdt ($6.5M), Benayoun ($3M), Bertrand ($5M).

Squad:

Torres / Aguero / Drogba (subs Sturridge / Mata / Lukaku)

Hamsik / Vidal / Lamps (subs Mikel / Ramires / Meireles)

Cole / Terry / Bocchetti / Azpillcueta (subs Digne / Ivanovic / Luiz / Bosingwa)

Cech (sub Courtois)

Three of my six 4 star regens...

markovn.png

fabio.png

weber.png

Some fantastic regens Rohkey, why can't we see the physical stats? Weber looks insane!

October 2013

Champions League

Chelsea 3 - 0 AC Milan

McEachran 52'

Sturridge 62'

Torres 86'

Nice way to recover from the loss to Spurs, puts us in a good position in the group

Premier League

Chelsea 4 - 0 Wolves

Muniain 21', 72'

Reed 38'

Torres 59'

A good home win, a nice double for Muniain and my home grown regen CB who will replace JT as captain in years to come, got his first goal for the club

Chelsea 5 - 0 West Ham

Torres 1'

Chalobah 7'

Lampard pen 24'

Mata 38'

Andersen 78'

Another good win with a nice spread of goals, first league goal for Chalobah too

Man City 2 - 2 Chelsea

Torres 13', 70'

Dzeko 26', 74'

Tough away game, just managed to hold on for the draw in the end, but I'll take it

Champions League

Chelsea 4 - 0 Olympiakos

Lampard 26'

Reed 41'

Kovacic 57'

McEachran 86'

Rested a fair few players here and the youngsters put on a good show

Premier League

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Chelsea

Torres 63'

Muniain 86'

Sturridge 90+2'

A goal each for the front trio, took us a while to break them down but we got the points. Also keeping a lot of clean sheets right now which is great.

League Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 3 - 1 Arsenal

Lukaku pen 54'

Van Persie 70'

Kakuta 80', 90+3'

Another great performance by the youngsters against a full strength Arsenal team that now includes Hazard and Hamsik.

Conclusion

A very pleasing month, some great attacking performances and we seem to be keeping clean sheets pretty well, so I'm happy. Only top of the league on goal difference right now, tied with Arsenal who are also performing very well. Should be a good season ahead!

Not updated you guys on my game since September 2013 and it's now December 2014 so here goes:

No transfer activity in January 2014.

2013/14 SEASON RESULTS

Premier League - 2nd - Man City are champions

Champions League - Lost Quarter Final to Sporting Lisbon (not happy)

FA Cup - Winners

League Cup - Runners up - Lost vs Tottenham

TRANSFERS IN - SUMMER 2014

Neymar - 41M

Jose Angel - 15.75M

Seydou Doumbia - 13M

Sebastian Giovinco - Free

Rene Krhin - Free

Modibo Maiga - Free

OUT

Fernando Torres - 43.5M - Man Utd

Ramires - 17.5M - AC Milan

Jeffrey Bruma - 12M - HSV

Moussa Sow - 11.5M - Southampton

Thibaut Courtois - 10M - Newcastle

Leandro - 7M - Southampton

Ashley Cole - 6M - Aston Villa

Marc Muniesa - 4.8M

Iago Falque - 4.3M

Alex - 4M

John Fleck - 3.9M

Oriol Romeu - 3.4M

Lucas Piazon - 950K

Was happy to let Nando go for that price especially as he's now 30. He's only got 6 goals in 15 apps for United so I think I got a good deal and Neymar and Doumbia (when called upon) have been on fire as his replacements, 12 in 13 for Neymar and 4 in 7 for Doumbia.

CURRENT SQUAD

GK - Cech, Begovic, Delac

DR - Van der Wiel, Vrsaljko

DL - Jose Angel, Bertrand

DC - Otamendi, Luiz

DC - Terry, Clark

DM - Mikel, Lass

MC - Ganso, Lampard, Kovacic

AMR - Hulk, Douglas Costa

AML - Mata, Di Maria, James Rodriguez

ST - Neymar, Doumbia

ST - Llorente, Lukaku

CURRENT POSITIONS/FUTURE PLANS

Top of the league by 6 points. Won every group game in CL. Still in FA and League Cup. Looking like a good season!

Very happy with the squad though a few players may need to be brought in to cover for the aging Terry and Llorente. We have enough cover for Lampard's position to deal with him eventually retiring. Probably looking to sell Lass on next year as he's nearing 30.

KTBFFH

Some fantastic regens Rohkey, why can't we see the physical stats? Weber looks insane!

Sorry, was trying to keep the clarity and dimensions of the picture, as when I try to post larger screenshots they are seem difficult to see clearly.

I see you signed Muniain, how good is he rated? I found this French lad, Mbaya Niang I believe his name is, who seems to be just as good. He's not as creative but his physical stats are better (plus he's 2 years younger). Also how's McEachran looking? And how much did Dzeko cost you?

quick question Do you agree with this statement? From what i have seen in the first half romeu seems a brilliant shout to stay in the dm position he plays similar to makelele but with better passing and feet also i feel if we stick to the style of play we have then he and meireles are a must for reg starts the other position between lamps and ramires team wise i think we are better that way. we also look more fluid and solid.

Sorry, was trying to keep the clarity and dimensions of the picture, as when I try to post larger screenshots they are seem difficult to see clearly.

I see you signed Muniain, how good is he rated? I found this French lad, Mbaya Niang I believe his name is, who seems to be just as good. He's not as creative but his physical stats are better (plus he's 2 years younger). Also how's McEachran looking? And how much did Dzeko cost you?

Ah that's fair enough. Muniain is superb, I play him at AML as an inside forward and he's well on his way to 20 goals for this season from the position plus 15 or assists. I also have Niang, but he's out on loan at the moment, depending on my regens he may be my backup for Lukaku in a season or two.

McEachran is coming on ok, I'll post a screenshot of him at the end of the season, his attributes haven't increased hugely but his performances are very solid. I don't have Dzeko, he just scored twice against me haha.

quick question Do you agree with this statement? From what i have seen in the first half romeu seems a brilliant shout to stay in the dm position he plays similar to makelele but with better passing and feet also i feel if we stick to the style of play we have then he and meireles are a must for reg starts the other position between lamps and ramires team wise i think we are better that way. we also look more fluid and solid.

I'd agree with a lot of that, but best post it in the football forum mate :thup:

November 2013

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Swansea

Muniain 36'

JT 45+1'

Lampard 90+1'

Good solid home win, the Swansea keeper was outstanding too

Champions League

Olympiakos 1 - 2 Chelsea

Muniain 29'

David Fuster 53'

Mata pen 88'

This secured us qualification to the knockout rounds, a good away game

Premier League

Newcastle 1 - 1 Chelsea

Torres 25'

Vossen 78'

Disappointed only to draw here, also lost David Luiz for a couple of weeks, but a point's better than nothing

Chelsea 5 - 0 Leeds

Torres 38', 45'

Muniain 40'

Kakuta 80', 90'

Great performance, Kakuta was outstanding coming off the bench too, a very pleasing win that one.

Champions League

Chelsea 6 - 0 Trabzonspor

Lucas Andersen 6'

McEachran 8'

Lukaku 10', 26'

Kakuta 31', 34'

Fantastic performance by all the backups, the first half was outstanding, shame we didn't get more in the second, but it was great.

Conclusions

A very good month, some nice attacking displays, Muniain and Kakuta were particularly good. Few games because of internationals coming up, but we managed to maintain our fitness and didn't suffer too many injuries. My two young CB's Chalobah and Reed are coming along very nicely too.

Ha, unlucky for City on yours then koolaz, sadly they're doing particularly well on mine...

December 2013

Premier Leage

Blackburn 1 - 2 Chelsea

Muniain 7'

Vukcevic 24'

Paul Robinson OG 73'

Tough win but we just about managed it

Champions League

AC Milan 1 - 4 Chelsea

Lukaku 13', 26', 47'

Illcic 24'

Barkley 88'

A great win by the young team again as we'd already qualified

Premier League

Chelsea 3 - 0 Everton

Lampard pen 16', 71'

Mata 89'

He might be 35, but Frank's still a huge part of my team, putting on a great performance here

Bolton 1 - 5 Chelsea

Torres 7', 85', 90+2'

N'Gog 44'

Muniain 59', 88'

Great away performance, real dominance

Club World Championship Final

Boca 2 - 4 Chelsea

Asamoah OG 13'

Muniain 30'

Sturridge 47'

Rodrigo Mora 62'

JT 66', 90+2'

Nice to bring that cup home again, we beat Seongnam in the semi if anyone cares, it was an easy game

Premier League

Chelsea 4 - 0 Fulham

Muniain 29'

Lukaku pen 35', 54'

Reed 84'

Lovely dominant win at home, they had 0 shots on target. Muniain also on a great run of goal scoring form

West Brom 2 - 1 Chelsea

Mata 26'

Odemwingie 28'

Long 56'

Very disappointing result to end the month that

Conclusions

Well it's been an interesting month, not just because of our results, but also Man City. They've been matching us win for win, and so at the end of the month - because of our involvement in all the cups and world club championship - they're top by 6 points, but we have 2 games in hand. Finally a really good league challenge, haven't had one of these for a while, I'll let you know how we get on!

Hi guys, Just finished Season one. In short - I won the title and the Champions League (4-1 against Man Utd in the final, How sweet revenge is :D) So I am now into season 2 pre season and need advice

Shinji Kagawa is a transfer target of mine, But he is extremly unhappy! Want's to move to a bigger club etc . . . I can sign him on a pre contract in 6 months so here is the question. Do I wait 6 months and try sign him on pre contract and hope he doesn't sign a new contract? OR Try sign now for knock down since he's unhappy?

Dortmund on my game finished 15th btw, Mario Gortze / Mats Hummels / Shinji Kagawa / Subotic are ALL unhappy. Managed to get Subotic for 7 Mil, Great player :)

Anyway and advice is welcome, Cheers

Dependent on who you have already for the position, i'd probably risk it for six months. On previous saves, he doesn't tend to renew his contract as it is, and you'll get him lower financially. If he does sign a contract/go to somebody else, then it's hard luck and you can try to get him if you still want him in a couple of years time.

I'm nearing the end of my first season on this new, new save and i'm currently somehow unbeaten in all competitions. Torres is tearing things up with 36 goals in 48 games, but i've got Cavani coming in for £29m at the end of the season. I'll give a mega update at the end of the season which will show all of my results, so be warned (obviously depends on if there's a character limit for posts)...

Transfers

transfers2013.png

As you can see just a couple of kids and a freebie bought in with plenty going the other way. I'm hoping to play a few of the youngsters a bit more this year as they've not been getting the chances I would have liked with so many other players on the books.

August and September 2013

augsep2013.png

The kids did me proud by beating United in the Charity shield but were beaten in the League Cup by a full strength City team. I'll just have to play them more in the League and FA Cup. A slow start to the season with some disappointing performances but things have picked up and Lukaku has been in great form with 10 goals in 8 games. Torres was injured at the start of the season and is struggling to get back in the team at the mo.

January 2013

League Cup Quarter Final

Blackburn 3 - 2 Chelsea

Samba 12'

Lukaku 16', 41'

Rochina 63'

Formica 88'

Very disappointed, we were going for 3 in a row, but this one was just one too far for the youngsters.

FA Cup 3rd Round

Chelsea 3 - 0 Norwich

Kakuta 5'

Reed 50', 72'

Nice for the youngsters to immediately get back to it with a decent win, a nice double for the regen CB too.

Premier League

Chelsea 5 - 1 Cardiff

Torres 11', 41', 48'

Kakuta 59'

Ben Turner 72'

Lukaku 90+2'

Lovely home win, nice for Nando to get a hat trick, his goals have slowed down this season but he can still do the business.

West Ham 1 - 4 Chelsea

Torres 24'

Sturridge 33'

Noble 37'

Mata 72'

Kovacic 80'

Good performance here, could've had more

Chelsea 1 - 1 Liverpool

Gerrard 44'

Torres 45+2'

Disappointing with this, we dominated but couldn't get the vital winner

Reading 1 - 5 Chelsea

Lampard pen 6'

Torres 22, pen 84'

Sturridge 32'

JT 45+1'

Noel Hunt 66'

A good way to recover from the Liverpool draw and end the month

Conclusion

It's been an interesting month, a disappointing loss in the league cup balanced by some very good wins in the league. The problem with the league is for every win I get, Man City get one too, they're now 9 points clear but I have 3 games in hand. We also have a superior goal difference, they've conceded very few but aren't prolific, we've conceded a fair amount but a blowing teams away by 4 or 5 goals. Going to be a really interesting end of the season!

Season One Review

Fixtures

seasononefixturesa.png

seasononefixturesb.png

seasononefixturesc.png

seasononefixturesd.png

Overall, I am very pleased with the results. The last dozen of fixtures were a bit risky playing the youth but it seemed to play off. If I remember correctly, it was only two losses all season, one in the league (0-1) and the CL Quarter Final Second Leg vs Bayern (1-2).

Transfers

In:

Erick Torres - £3.4m

Adam Campbell - £1.4m

Vaclav Kadlec - £4m

Luis Guilherme - £3.7m

Nika Kvekveskiri - £1.5m

Milan Badelj - £4.6m

Sime Vrsaljko - £3m

Sidney Sam - £8m

Lorenzo Crisetig - £2.1m

[January] Romario - £2.2m

[January] Antonio Valencia - £5.75m

[January] Lassana Diarra - £6m

[January] Lucas Piazon - £7m

TOTAL: £53m

Out:

Erick Torres - Loan

Hilario - £775k

Paulo Ferreira - £1.1m

Luis Guilherme - Loan

Florent Malouda - £7.5m

Nika Kvekveskiri - Loan

Jamal Blackman - Loan

Billy Clifford - Loan

Milan Lalkovic - Loan

Salomon Kalou - £5m

Conor Clifford - Loan

Carl Magnay - Free

Romario - Loan

[January] Alex - £13.5m

[January] Marko Mitrovic - Loan

[January] Raul Meireles - Loan

[January] Conor Clifford - £300k

[January] Lucas Piazon - Loan

TOTAL: £30M

Happy with the transfers, brought in mainly youth and loaned them out as I knew they wouldn't get any game time. Valencia was TL'd from October so I got him on a knockdown price, along with Diarra who performed well in my eyes.

Facts and Figures:

Top Goalscorer: Fernando Torres - 40 in 40 (16).

Most Assists: Juan Mata - 25 in 42 (10).

MoMs: Fernando Torres - 17 in 40 (16).

Best Av. Rating: Fernando Torres - 7.55 in 40 (16).

So overall, a really good season for us. Not quite sure how we were unbeaten for that length of time (includes 8 game streak of clean sheets!) but we held it generally together and came away with everything we could have possibly won. Strikers covered for each other well when they were first choice due to other injuries, sadly Sturridge wants to move, which i'm kind of pleased about because i've got a couple of big name signings coming in and space needs clearing for them.

Great season Galvanize, keep up the good work and let us know about those big name signings! It's a shame that Danny wants to leave. His attributes have barely increased for me, but that hides the fact that his performances have been outstanding.

February 2013

FA Cup 4th Round

Chelsea 3 - 0 Hull

Lukaku 53', 69'

Le Guerroue 86'

Good win by the youngest team I've played so far, Le Guerroue will be an outstanding AMC in the future, I'll post a screenshot of him at some point.

Premier Division

Wigan 0 - 4 Chelsea

Muniain 7', 45+1'

Torres 37'

Stepenanko OG 85'

Good solid away win

Wolves 1 - 3 Chelsea

Sturridge 27', 36'

Doyla 55'

Torres 57'

Another good away win, Danny was fantastic

Chelsea 3 - 0 Tottenham

JT 43'

Lukaku 70'

Sturridge 82'

Nice win over Spuds, Lukaku missed a penalty but came back and played well, chose to rest Nando for this one

Champions League Knockout Round 1st Leg

FC Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Chelsea

Schweinsteiger

First time we haven't scored in a game for a while, disappointed with the performance, hoping we can turn it round in the second leg

FA Cup 5th Round

Chelsea 3 - 0 Wolves

Kakuta 16', 41', 71'

Nice one Gael! He's come on really well this season, should end the year with around 15 goals, very impressive

Conclusion

We've narrowed the gap on City as they've been playing less games and had a shock home loss to Wolves, so we're now 3 points behind with two games in hand on them. We've got Villa at home first, then the big one, Manchester City at the Bridge. That will basically be the title decider. It's going to get really here! Also the regen search coming up because of the new system of youth intake, I'll let you know if I find anyone interesting.

Just won the league on the 15th of April for the 4th time in a row (won it every season). Already wrapped up the League cup beating Aston Villa in the final. Next up Real Madrid in the Semis of the Champions League (they always knock me out, so here's hoping I can change that this time!). Also have Aston Villa in the F.A Cup final, giving them the opportunity to get revenge for the defeat in the league cup final. Will post a proper update at the end of the season.

Been sometimes since I updated my Chelsea game, It is now 2016 and we moved to a new stadium, a 58.000 seaters Zola Park.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/chelseaoverview.png/

What I have won (Since 2011/2012)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/chelseahonours1.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/chelseahonours2.png/

My best 18 players

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/best18.png/

My 4 Stars PA who features in the first team

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/841/cassamayor.png/

His PA keep changing between 4 stars and 4.5 stars

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/nilson.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/leelaws.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/507/ehser.png/

For the poster who asked about Hazard, Yes he is worth every penny I paid for him.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/hazardprofile.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/hazardstats.png/

Lastly, this season I have started slowly with players getting injured one after another. I haven't fielded my best 11 squad yet. =(

Hey guys. I've recently started a new game with Chelsea and thought I would write my first update.

Transfers

IN:

Fellaini - £21.5m

Jaaskelainen - £2.4m

OUT:

Hilario - £1m

Paulo Ferreira - £1.1m

Billy Clifford - £600k

Results

I wont bother writing out all of my pre season results but I managed to win all of the friendlies.

Premier League

Fulham 1-1 Chelsea

Zamora 13'

Drogba 90+3'

Tottenham 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea 5-0 Stoke

Anelka 15'

Carlo Nash OG 32'

Shawcross OG 36'

Drogba 43', 90'

Wigan 0-3 Chelsea

Alex 13', 33'

Drogba 18'

Champions League Group Stage

M.Haifa 0-5 Chelsea

Mata 23'

Alex 33', 40', pen 70'

David Luiz 64'

Premier League

Chelsea 4-0 Bolton

Fellaini 30'

Sturridge 32'

Terry 37'

Anelka 66'

League Cup 3rd Round

Portsmouth 1-2 Chelsea

Huseklepp 73'

Anelka 80'

Lukaku 90+1'

Premier League

Aston Villa 2-4 Chelsea

Agbonlahor 20', 32'

Alex 30', 84'

Sturridge 44'

Lampard 69'

Champions League Group Stage

Chelsea 4-1 FC Kobenhavn

Sturridge 26'

Drogba 32'

Alex 59'

Kristensen 63'

Meireles 84'

And that brings everything up to date so far! As you can see Alex has turned out to be a bit of a goal machine in his appearances where he replaced Terry due to injury. Torres is currently out injured which is why he hasn't been on the score sheet yet. I'm currently sitting in second place in the league, 2 points behind Man City.

Chelsea - Season 2014/15

League Table

As you can see, we absolutely walked the league, finishing 18 points clear. Only thing I would say is that I would like to have conceded less goals.

Community Shield - Pretty simple win.

League Cup - Only one small blip against Everton, however we smashed them in the replay showing our superiority.

FA Cup - Walked the competition and smashed Villa in the final.

Champions League - Was all fairly straight forward up until the Semi's against Real Madrid. Where with 5 mins to play we needed two goals, away from home. That was probably the best 5 mins of the whole season, as we got the two goals. Then came the final where we went 1-0 up before half time, only then to see Juan Mata get sent off in the 43rd min or so. Luckily we held onto the 1-0 win. Delighted.

Stand Out Players

Posting this post once the stats of the players reset to 0 so won't bother posting screenies here.

Angel Di Maria - Won highest average rating in the prem and had 22 assists in 25 appearances with 10 goals.

Sergio Aguero - 28 goals in 32 in the prem and 10 assists. (sometimes played him AMC) average rating 7.61

Mamadou Sakho - 8 MoM and average rating 7.83 (considering making him my captain)

Best 11

I rotate quite a bit, depending on the opposition and competition. I rotate Danny Sturridge, Ross Barkely, lorenzo Crisetig, McEachran, Bertrand, Lamps and some regens. Leonardo (DL) is my only regen player in the firs t11 at the moment.

screenshot20111128at161.png

So finally finished my second season. Looking to shift on a few members of the squad who are not in my plans (Mikel specifically because of the ACN). Anyway round-up!

Community Shield and Euro. Super Cup.

The Community Shield proved to be a good opener for us as we opened the season in explosive fashion with Tottenham in a true goal-fest game. We managed to win it 6-3 with Essien providing a superb hat-trick. The Euro. Super Cup was contested against... Yup you guessed it, Tottenham once again. This time the game was alot more competitive as we managed to muscle our way through them and win it 2-0 securing two trophies for the season before the first month of Football was under way.

The Premier League.

Got off to a flyer here and it wasn't until the 25th match that I dropped my first points losing to Man City away from home. Went on to only drop 6 points in total (two losses to the aforementioned Man City and Tottenham, both away from home). Finished with 118 goals scored and only 19 conceded, leaving me inches short of a +100 Goal Difference. Once again Torres was the main attraction bagging another 40 goal haul in 37 appearances (4 of which were substitute appearances). Mata, Willian and Costa all managed to get past 20 assists each as they were my creative influence through-out the season. Silva also needs a shout-out as he came in during the January window and in 19 appearances managed to score 8 goals and assist 14 times in the league. Was really happy with the overall way we went about winning the title for the second season in a row.

Club World Cup.

Stroll to this title beating Monterrey 7-0 in the Semi-Final before dispatching of Sao Paulo in the Finals 3-0. Lukaku gets the cake in this tournament netting 6 goals in the two games (4 in the Semi, 2 in the Final) with Kakuta and McEachran being heavily involved snatching 7 of the assists between the two.

League Cup

Once again we drew Man City in the first round and once again our youngsters put them to the sword and came out of the game with a 2-0. They followed that up with a 3-1 win over Crystal Palace before being dumped out of the Tournament by our perennial rivals Tottenham 1-0 at White Hart Lane. The young guns performed really well but didn't ever really threaten Tottenham and if not for a wonder-strike from VdV it would have gone onto Penalties. So once again we missed out on this one.

F.A. Cup

Drew Doncaster in the third round who we handily dispatched 3-0. Went into the fourth round against Swansea who were flying in the League at the time and managed to send them down to earth with a thumping 4-1 win which should have been ever bigger if not for Lukaku missing two penalties. Onwards and upwards we drew Charlton in the fifth round and once again showed our superiority as we claimed an easy 3-0 which lead us into the sixth round and a tricky tie against Blackburn who were absolutely amazing during the season. After a stalemate of a first half I brought Sturridge onto the field and he really showed why he should have started the match as he ripped them apart with his pace scoring a hat-trick in 13 mins after coming onto the field to give us our third 3-0 win of the tournament. That led us into the Semi's and Wolves who were surprisingly lack-lustre as we strolled past them 3-0 (our fourth game with that scoreline) and into the final for the second year in the row where we were pitted against Man City... Up step Romelu Lukaku please. The king of the domestic tournaments and once again he showed his power as he drilled four past a hapless City defence and an unfortunate Joe Hart as we stormed our way to a 4-0 win and my first Domestic Cup trophy!

Champions League.

After traversing a rather tricky group phase involving Dortmund, Marseille and Ajax we drew Benfica in the Last 16 Knock-out round. After a gritty 1-1 draw away we managed to seal our passage through the Quarter-Finals with a 5-2 thumping at home to go through 6-3 on aggregate and meet Arsenal in the next round. Getting the first round at home wasn't the best start to the phase but we managed to make the territory count as we cruised to a 2-0 win before managing to play extreme counter-attacking football with Willian, Costa and Sturridge upfront in a battling and tough 2-1 win at the Emirates. Thus we drew Barcelona in the Semi's and they got the first leg under way at the Camp Nou which somehow we managed to survive with a recoverable 1-0 scoreline to the Catalans. However things went pear-shaped for the team during the week between matches as Torres, Silva and Mata all got minor injuries in training and had to sit out the second leg which proved to be costly as we drew 1-1 with Barca allowing them to progress 2-1 on aggregate and dump us out of the competition. Must admit it was a bitter blow but one that given the circumstances I wasn't all that surprised by.

So all in all, we managed to win 5 out of 7 possible trophies this season which I'm quite happy with. The depth of the squad paid dividends as well which the fixture congestion due to all the competitions we were in.

GK - Cech, Courtois.

DR - Vrasljko, Montoya.

DL - Bertrand, Cole.

DC - Terry, Luiz, Toloi, Muniesa.

DMC - Romeu, Crisetig

MC - Ramires, McEachran, Lampard, Costa.

AMR - Silva, Kakuta.

AML - Mata, Sturridge.

ST - Torres, Lukaku.

Shipping out alot of the dead-weight that is hanging around the club at the moment including Mikel and Willian who just have no role in the team unless major injuries occur. If I had the choice I would love to keep Willian who has been amazing for me, but I need home-grown players and Kakuta ticks that box perfectly so he is the sacrifice for the greater good. Along with those two sales include Delac, Toro, Bruma, van Aanholt, Piazon and Davilla for the same reason as the above being that there is just no space in the team for them. I've also got a host of regens coming through (most of them bought) who look to be able to develop into alot better players then them, so I'll go with those guys instead.

Having a very very tough decision to make at the moment with regards to Chalobah as I'm not sure if I want to send him on loan but I can't think of anything worse then leaving in my reserves.

Two fantastic teams and fantastic seasons JT and Intercept, can't really suggest anywhere either of you could strengthen!

As for Chalobah Intercept, I'd suggest keeping him around the first team, he can provide cover in a number of positions as his competent RB as well. He's also developed really well for me as I've been giving him some first team football since the beginning, and in season 3 now he's a good rotation option.

Here's another update from me, it was a big month:

March 2013

So, to set the scene we were 3 points behind with 2 games in hand on Man City, and 1-0 down from the first leg of the CL knockout round with Bayern Munich. Here's how it all played out.

Premier League

Chelsea 7 - 0 Aston Villa

Lukaku 1', 37', 54', 71'

Sturridge 3'

Mata 5'

McEachran 10'

Fantastic performance, the first 10 minutes were insane with 4 goals. A great win to set us up for the big game, at home to Man City

Chelsea 2 - 1 Man City

Muniain 2'

Dzeko 4'

Torres 38'

Toughest win of the season without doubt, City really are a force now on my game and it could've gone either way. A great start with Muniain, but they pegged us back immediately. Nando put us back in front and we dominated until 60 minutes, when they really came at us, and we just held on for a really big win.

Champions League Knockout Round 2nd Leg

Chelsea 1 - 1 FC Bayern Munich 1 - 2 on aggregate

Sturridge 25'

Olic 105+1

Sturridge Sent Off 120+1

It was a bad night after the great win over City, we pulled level with Danny's goal and threw everything at them, but we just couldn't get the winner. Their goalie was man of the match, and we've failed to defend out trophy and win it for the 3rd time running, the same as with the league cup earlier in the year.

Premier League

Swansea 0 - 3 Chelsea

Sturridge 48'

Reed 56'

Muniain 72'

A nice win to get over the midweek disappointment. My regen CB Reed is also proving a bit of a goal machine both from set pieces (no corner cheats used if there is one for FM12, I always leave my corners left to mixed, feels more real) but he can also play a bit and often pops up on the end of some moves.

FA Cup 5th Round

Chelsea 5 - 0 Bolton

Kakuta 30', 45+2'

Reed 48'

Chalobah 51'

Lukaku 56'

Nice performance from the youngsters, and this time both CB's popped up with goals!

Man Utd 0 - 1 Chelsea

Torres 57'

John Terry Sent Off 57'

Really great defensive performance, we've lost JT for 3 games but we came away with a great 3 points.

Leeds 0 - 1 Chelsea

Reed 48'

Again Reed pops up with a goal and bails us out as we weren't playing well. I love this kid, he's going to be immense.

Conclusion

It was a bitter-sweet month, we've now moved clear at the top of the table by 5 points with 1 game in hand, but we're out of the Champions League, losing a tie I thought was really winnable. Bayern are now pretty impressive however, with Kroos and Muller at the top of their games. Now we'll be trying to do the double and I'll be playing a lot of my regens and testing things out for next year.

I think I've already managed the coup of the window for me. I've gotten Vladimir Weiss from Man City for £2.7m. He looks absolutely lethal on the wings and with a dedicated right foot and good winger attributes he could be the answer I've needed for my AMR in the 4-2-3-1. However in the 4-3-3 (4-5-1/4-1-2-2-1 or whatever you want to call it :p) he will be the on sidelines with Silva having full control of the AMR position! :D

lucas piazons tranfer to chelsea has been completed. When i check to see his profile if hes stats are good or not wasnt expecting 6-7 months out with injury before hes even played a game for me! for a player who cost 7 million and 20k in wages he looks kind of craap

Hey Guys, I finished my First season and have started my second season but will give you a Season 1 update.

The Squad:

Cech/Hilario/Turnbull

Bosingwa/Ivanovic/Vrsaljko

Terry/David Luiz/Alex

Cole/Bertrand

Hamsik/Meireles/Lampard/Ramires/Mikel/Essien

Navas/Sturridge

Mata/Granero

Hulk/Muniain

Torres/Rossi/Drogba/Lukaku

I did the treble winning the Premiership, League Cup and Champions League.

I finished like this in the league:

Played: 38 Won:34 Drawn: 4 Lost: 0 For: 95 Against: 19 Goal Difference: +76 Points: 106

Am very happy with our performance in the League this season as we had tremendous success against all of the big clubs beating them home and away. Our biggest win of the season came against QPR away in the league where we won 8:0 with goals from Torres, Meireles, Navas, Hulk, David Luiz, Mata x 2 and an own goal. That win was sweet for us against them, especially as it came on the day that we lost 1:0 to them in real life. LOL.

Champions Cup

I was so happy to win this in my first season. I was surprised slightly that I wasn't facing Real Madrid or Barcelona in the final, but I know Bayern are a good side too so to beat them 2:0 in the final with goals from Hamsik and Lampard winning us the trophy was great. The quarter final and semi final were pretty straight forward victories with a 3:0 aggregate win over AC in the quarter final and a 5:3 victory over Marseille in the Semi final.

Fa Cup

Was disappointed that we didn't reach the semi finals at least in this competition as we went out in the 6th round against Aston Villas 2:1 at Villa Park. Jack Collison just murdered us on the day and helped Villa through who eventually went on to win the competition.

League Cup

Surprised with who I was facing in the final, I went in cautiously even though it is just the league cup, but Blackpool were brushed aside 4:0 at Wembley with goals from Terry, Navas, Mata and Drogba. Had a very tough run to the final facing Tottenham in the 3rd Round, Nottingham Forest in the 4th round, Man City in the quarter final and again putting us to the sword in cup competitions was Aston Villa who we faced in the semi but ultimately beat them 3:1 on aggregate.

In the premiership Petr Cech won the golden glove for the most clean sheets which was 19, I won the manager of the year, Juan Mata won Players' player of the year, and Cech, David Luiz, Navas, Hulk, Mata and Torres were in the Players' team of the year. The signing of the Season was Hulk, Navas had the most assists in the Premiership with 18.

Now in the Champions Cup Hamsik won the Best player award with Meireles winning the competition best goal award. 7 of my players were in the dream team with Cech, Cole, Terry, Bosingwa, Hamsik, Mata and Torres.

Also the fans player of the year was Hulk.

The top goalscorer in all competitions was: Fernando Torres with 25 in 45 starts.

Most Assists in all competitions was: Navas with 22 in 39 starts, Mata did great as well wit 21 assists.

Most Man of the Matches in all competitions was: Hulk with 9 from 43 starts.

All in all am very pleased with the season we had, have things to work towards next season which is winning the Fa cup, getting Torres to score more goals and trying to get us to concede a little less, but overall am pleased.

Question for users in here before I start my Chelsea save; can Nicolas Anelka be sold during the first window even though in his profile it says he is leaving on a free at the end of the season?

Yes, why wouldnt it? That he's leaving on a free at the end of the season, is only his intention. Doesnt mean he wont leave before. I found however that he can only be shipped to PSG.

Yes, why wouldnt it? That he's leaving on a free at the end of the season, is only his intention. Doesnt mean he wont leave before. I found however that he can only be shipped to PSG.

I had difficulties selling him in my save. He moaned about lack of playing time in the first season, as he was sharing duties with Torres and Sturridge, and eventually grew to the point where I just terminated his contract. Unfortunate because he was playing quite well, averaging about a 7.25 in all competitions, but Torres was doing much better and Sturridge was only slightly worse (and obviously has many years ahead of him). Most clubs claimed they couldn't afford his wage demands - and I couldn't even sell him for $2.5M.

Ok fair enough, as just enquiring/making sure. No need to come across so bolshy.

Question for users in here before I start my Chelsea save; can Nicolas Anelka be sold during the first window even though in his profile it says he is leaving on a free at the end of the season?

He can indeed be sold mate, ive sold him to both PSG and Sevilla for 8m on a couple of trial games before i start another Chels save and gut the team!

Ok fair enough, as just enquiring/making sure. No need to come across so bolshy.

Try not to let a lack of smilies fool you into believing something is automaticaly intended with a negative tone. Read it again, but assume a positive tone :thup:

Archived