FM12 - Chelsea F.C. Thread - A Mix of Youth and Experience

William Hall

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who has bought Neymar and what do you think his best position is? I’m sure he does great as a striker and probably pretty well as an AM TQ but what about a wide inside forward in a 4-2-3-1? Anyone?

I signed him in the second season, I play 4-2-3-1 With wingers, Played him as Treq in the AMC role :) Scored the odd goal, But assist after assists.

Unfornatly, After my wife bumped into me while I was drinking a lovely prepared coffee. I spilt it all over my laptop and it's getting fixed. So I have had to start a new chelsea save on my desktop pc :(

Back onto my Chelsea save now for the foreseeable future after trying out saves at Malaga and Napoli. Couldn't get into either of them at all.

So last season, and my first season, I won the league by 8 points and only lost the single game. I also won the FA Cup and Champions League but got beat in the League Cup final. I'm into December of the second season, sitting second in the league with 9 wins and 3 draws.

Back onto my Chelsea save now for the foreseeable future after trying out saves at Malaga and Napoli. Couldn't get into either of them at all.

So last season, and my first season, I won the league by 8 points and only lost the single game. I also won the FA Cup and Champions League but got beat in the League Cup final. I'm into December of the second season, sitting second in the league with 9 wins and 3 draws.

How far are you in the lead? Wish my oppents were like that, I'm top but only cause I have played 14, Won 13 and drawn 1. Closest team is Tottenham with Won 12 and draw 2. Not dropping points at all :(

The current order is Man Utd (35), us (33), Liverpool (32), Man City (31) and Wolves (27). The latter three have played 14 games whereas us and Utd have only played 13 games, and we're the only two unbeaten teams left.

Last season, the top six/seven were separated by 15 points with 10 or so games left. I was lucky to pull a gap in those last 8-10 games, especially with influential players coming back from injury too.

December 2012

december2012.png

We were a bit hit and miss this month, a couple of good performances, far too many disappointing draws, and the kids were knocked out of the League Cup against Arsenal. Not much i can say really other than I'm hoping we will rediscover our form next month. At least we're still 2nd in the league by a point with a game in hand.

Is Michael Essien worth keeping or selling as when he came back from injury and he is rated TWO stars. On 70k a week you would want better than two star ability. Keep or Sell??

For me he went down to 1.5 stars, I started him on a separate training regime to work him back into fitness and he kept getting injured, eventually becoming a 1 star! He made it back to 1.5 again but still, he's no where near where he was in the game last year...sell him. Buy Vidal/Rodwell/Fellaini or something to replace him if need be.

Ferguson said this in his press conference before our match !

http://imageshack.us/f/703/crushingchelshahahalool.jpg/

Then Cavani decided to go mental in our game !

http://imageshack.us/f/72/destroyunited.jpg/

For some reason Lukaku decide he was gonna get sent off just before half time with the score at 3: 1 to us. Thought it was gonna b a tough match Then cavani happened......

Anyone been able to sign Pato? I've been unable to do so both on FM11 and FM12.

And whats the deal with Modric? In reality he is "dying" to join Chelsea, but on FM12 he's not interested at all and suprisingly chooses to join City which have flopped totally :)

Ferguson said this in his press conference before our match !

http://imageshack.us/f/703/crushingchelshahahalool.jpg/

Then Cavani decided to go mental in our game !

http://imageshack.us/f/72/destroyunited.jpg/

For some reason Lukaku decide he was gonna get sent off just before half time with the score at 3: 1 to us. Thought it was gonna b a tough match Then cavani happened......

Sensational scorelines there mate. Other than this game, how has Cavani been? I want to sign him but Napoli are playing hardball.

Also Lukaku is being completely unreasonable. I rotated him and Drogba last year at TM, Lukaku actually had more appearances/playing time..yet he came to me on three separate occasions saying he didn't appear to feature in my plans and demanding to be sold. One time this was after he played every game for a month with Drogs out for the African Cup, and another time it was after a 6 week injury spell where he wasn't even 90% fitness yet. Also he was reluctant to be tutored by Drogba and said he didn't gain anything substantial by the tutoring process, it was a waste of time...lol.

Just a little post from me here, following on from koolaz's fantastic scoreline there, thought I'd post a great one from my save.

While we all love to bring in a young spine to the team and keep the average age down, this game shows just how sensational the old guard still are:

screenshot20111119at195.png

Frank just decided that today was his today, and he was going to control the game from start to finish. Fair enough, 3 goals were penalties, but before that he scored a sensation hat trick, each goal from 30 odd yards. Here's his first three:

So, while we love bringing in the youngsters, and Josh will take Lamps' place at some point, just remember, there's a reason that Lamps is going to go down in history as one of the best players ever to play for the club. Nice one Frankie.

Sensational scorelines there mate. Other than this game, how has Cavani been? I want to sign him but Napoli are playing hardball.

Also Lukaku is being completely unreasonable. I rotated him and Drogba last year at TM, Lukaku actually had more appearances/playing time..yet he came to me on three separate occasions saying he didn't appear to feature in my plans and demanding to be sold. One time this was after he played every game for a month with Drogs out for the African Cup, and another time it was after a 6 week injury spell where he wasn't even 90% fitness yet. Also he was reluctant to be tutored by Drogba and said he didn't gain anything substantial by the tutoring process, it was a waste of time...lol.

Sign him at all costs mate he is one of the best strikers in the game. Usually napoli always accept offers around 27 million. This is the second season he is with me now, the first season he scored 63 goals and 18 assists in 57 apps. This season so far he has 28 goals and 8 assists in 25 apps.

Try not to sell lukaku he becomes one of the best. Use fernando torres to tutor him, his stats will go up QUICKLY. check out lukaku on my game. http://imageshack.us/f/819/lukakul.jpg/

Just a little post from me here, following on from koolaz's fantastic scoreline there, thought I'd post a great one from my save.

While we all love to bring in a young spine to the team and keep the average age down, this game shows just how sensational the old guard still are:

screenshot20111119at195.png

Frank just decided that today was his today, and he was going to control the game from start to finish. Fair enough, 3 goals were penalties, but before that he scored a sensation hat trick, each goal from 30 odd yards. Here's his first three:

So, while we love bringing in the youngsters, and Josh will take Lamps' place at some point, just remember, there's a reason that Lamps is going to go down in history as one of the best players ever to play for the club. Nice one Frankie.

Nice score line there great to see lamps still banging them in. For my team he is a tutor to lamps 2.0 aka ross barkley lool

he is a west ham youth product had some really good performances in prem in 08/09 and09/10 seasons but had really bad injury has not been fit long

I am thinking about getting him, as back up player and for the squad registration purposes because we have played three games against villa and twice he killed us and third time he did not play for some reason.

whyohwhy.png

I just do not understand why Man City put him into the reserves and transfer listed him. I also don't get why I was the only team who went in and signed him... Oh well I'm not complaining! Between Silva, Mata, Willian and Costa I have zero issues regarding creativity. Not to mention Mikel, Lampard, McEachran and Ramires playing from deeper who all are able to pass the ball around with ease. Torres and Lukaku must be smiling from ear to ear with the level of support they will be getting from January on-wards (my mistake on the previous post. I thought I arranged the transfer for the end of the year, turns out it was mid-season).

He also had an absolutely killer last season scoring 11 and assisting 21 in the 34 league appearances. Overall played 46 games, scoring 15 and assiting 30... Really the AI sometimes amazes me.

Sign him at all costs mate he is one of the best strikers in the game. Usually napoli always accept offers around 27 million. This is the second season he is with me now, the first season he scored 63 goals and 18 assists in 57 apps. This season so far he has 28 goals and 8 assists in 25 apps.

Try not to sell lukaku he becomes one of the best. Use fernando torres to tutor him, his stats will go up QUICKLY. check out lukaku on my game. http://imageshack.us/f/819/lukakul.jpg/

Oh of course, there's no way I'm selling Lukaku. In previous saves I signed him every time, generally along with Dzeko, sometimes Altidore. At the moment Napoli is refusing to sell Cavanai for anything below $65M, which sucks because he really wants to come here but I can't necessarily afford to buy him and rotate three target men. Drogba's been better of late, I'll probably sign Cavani next year (year 3) when Drogs' contract is up or he signs as a backup (signed him this year for around $75K/week plus year extension if he scores 15 league goals).

After today's poor showing its back to the wonderful world of FM.

January 2013

january2013.png

The kids just about scraped through in the FA Cup, but January also saw good wins against Arsenal and United leaves us top by 5 points. Torres has stopped scoring for me but at least the rest of the front line is stepping in. No real transfers this month, just some more kids for the youth team.

I just do not understand why Man City put him into the reserves and transfer listed him. I also don't get why I was the only team who went in and signed him... Oh well I'm not complaining! Between Silva, Mata, Willian and Costa I have zero issues regarding creativity. Not to mention Mikel, Lampard, McEachran and Ramires playing from deeper who all are able to pass the ball around with ease. Torres and Lukaku must be smiling from ear to ear with the level of support they will be getting from January on-wards (my mistake on the previous post. I thought I arranged the transfer for the end of the year, turns out it was mid-season).

He also had an absolutely killer last season scoring 11 and assisting 21 in the 34 league appearances. Overall played 46 games, scoring 15 and assiting 30... Really the AI sometimes amazes me.

Tevez spent the entire first year in the City reserves on my save, obviously he wants out but City are demanding too much and his wage demands are absurd too. Got Aguero for much cheaper...wonder if that means Tevez is back in the starting 11? :)

I am thinking about getting him, as back up player and for the squad registration purposes because we have played three games against villa and twice he killed us and third time he did not play for some reason.

id sign him to be honest could turn out to be a great signing

Sold: Cech (£24.5m), Hilario (£500k), Turnbull (Free), Ferreira (Free), Alex (£10m), David Luiz (p/x), Cole (£30m), Mikel (£15m) Lampard (£15m), Kalou (£2.5m), Drogba (£15m), Anelka (£5m) = £117.5m

Bought: Robinson (£15m), Green (£8m), Dawson (£5m), Cahill (£12.5m), Jagielka (£18.5m), Baines (£15m), Rodwell (£22.5m), Albrighton (£7.5m), Dorrans (£6m), Lavezzi (£26m), Hulk (£7.5m p/x) = £143.5m

Formation: 4-2-3-1

dont think you should have sold cech and luiz but can understand why the others were sold what is your main team now? especially interested to see what gk you use

So... i've just lost my Chelsea save, along with my QPR save. :thdn:

So it's time to start again as Chelsea. I'll probably try to complete transfers similarly as before but as I have no record of who I signed, it might be a bit hard. In fact, I might not spend as much as I did beforehand and spend it more on players I need.

Hi all just wanted to ask a quick question.

I'm playing as Birmingham city and I'm pushing for the league title. Torres is sitting in your reserve team and has played about 10 games in his last 2 season. He's still only 29.

I've got a scout report and I can get him for between £1.5m and £3m.

The scout said he would be my 5th best striker behing the likes of Ryan Babel, Wilfried and Nikica Jelavic.

Even though the scout has said this I still can't see how he can be worse than them.

Is he worth me buying anyway, because if he's on form he can be one of the best in the world.

Hi all just wanted to ask a quick question.

I'm playing as Birmingham city and I'm pushing for the league title. Torres is sitting in your reserve team and has played about 10 games in his last 2 season. He's still only 29.

I've got a scout report and I can get him for between £1.5m and £3m.

The scout said he would be my 5th best striker behing the likes of Ryan Babel, Wilfried and Nikica Jelavic.

Even though the scout has said this I still can't see how he can be worse than them.

Is he worth me buying anyway, because if he's on form he can be one of the best in the world.

Sounds a fantastic deal, but I'm assuming he must've suffered some kind of bad injury in the last couple of seasons? If so you might want to take a closer look, if he's got a recurring injury it could be an issue.

Sorry about your save Galvanize, hope the new save goes well

Depends on who else you have for the winger positions lacoste8030. If I needed a winger, my personal preference would be van Persie, mainly because he's the cheaper option along with the fact that he is already used to playing in the Prem.

On my new save, i've spent £36m and i've received £57m from selling players. Sold Drogba (£12.5m), Mikel (£16m), Kalou (£5.75m) and Malouda (£10.5m) to PSG along with Alex (£7m) and Meireles (Loan Fee £3.1m) to Malaga. Most I spent on a player was £4.7m for West Brom's Chris Wood.

Hey guys, am coming to he end of my first season, and i noticed Angel Di Maria and Robin Van Persie are transfer listed. The asking price fo Di Maria is £14.25m and for Van Persie it is £8.25m. What do you guys think i should do, buy or not buy?

I bought Di Maria in the second season when he was offered to me for £17.5m and he's been fantastic, worth every penny. I'd definitely buy him for £14.25m especially if you use wingers.

Sorry for the double post, but here's a quick summary.

February 2013

february2013.png

We played well this month, plenty of wins and fair number of goals.Torres has remembered how to score and a solid 2-0 win at the San Siro has set us up for the return leg at the Bridge. For some reason the kids have struggled in the first games of the FA Cup, needing a replay in every round so far. The strange thing is I've used pretty much the same team in the replays, and as you can see they've performed well.

March 2013

march2013.png

This month saw us rack up 20 games unbeaten :D. The second leg against AC Milan was a bit nervy as they were on top for the whole of the first half. Still, we are through to the quarters and the comfy win against Middlesbrough puts us through to the Semis of the FA Cup. The end of the season is in sight now and we're top by 9 points. I'm fairly confident of getting my second double but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Champions League. Let's hope the draw is kind to us.

I didn't seem to get any decent prospects from the youth academy this year, just 3 players rated at 2 and half stars potential. I might have to start having words with the board!

Good couple of months there POG, keep up the good work. I'd definitely have a couple of words with the board, having improved my academy, junior coaching and youth recruitment, we're regularly bringing through great players. First season I got one 4 star (now 4.5!!) and two 3.5 star PA players, second season I've got one 4 star player, so we're doing a great job.

I have to say, England seems to be producing an incredible number of good regens, I'll post them at the end of my current season, but a fair few will be moving into my first team squad at the start of season 3.

I've been pretty poor with my updates it must be said, currently in April 2013, so I'll probably wait until the end of the season to give you a full update. Overall, it's been an insanely easy season, we've only dropped 2 points in the league so far with one draw with Man City, other than that we've won every game. Also brought home the League Cup, World Club Cup and into the semis of the CL and the final of the FA Cup. I'll give you a full run down at the end of the season.

Depends on who else you have for the winger positions lacoste8030. If I needed a winger, my personal preference would be van Persie, mainly because he's the cheaper option along with the fact that he is already used to playing in the Prem.

On my new save, i've spent £36m and i've received £57m from selling players. Sold Drogba (£12.5m), Mikel (£16m), Kalou (£5.75m) and Malouda (£10.5m) to PSG along with Alex (£7m) and Meireles (Loan Fee £3.1m) to Malaga. Most I spent on a player was £4.7m for West Brom's Chris Wood.

I was thinking about getting them both and Van Persie playing up front with Di Maria on the wing.

Edinson Cavani just broke the 50 goal mark for the second season in a row with still TWO months remaining till end of season!

That's incredibly impressive mate, keep up the good work, can't wait to see how many he ends up with!

I was thinking about getting them both and Van Persie playing up front with Di Maria on the wing.

I don't think I could ever buy Van Persie, too many injuries and too much hatred for him IRL haha

lacoste8030

He conceeded 37 in my first season. About roughly where I expected him to be with my tactics. Had a change this season (second season) and at the beginning of February he has only conceeded 14.

As for my save. Sometimes I wish Torres could preform IRL as he does for me in this game. He is sitting at 28 games played (in all competitions) and scored 36. He is on 30 goals from 23 in the League as well, while being the only ever-present I have in my team (for a player with an injury record like his, that's impressive imo).

As I said, just gotten to February in my second season and we are well on our way to the League title again. Played 23 of those I've won 21 and drawn 2 of them. I drew Benfica in the knock-out phase of the Champions League, so I have a trip to Portugal to deal with shortly. The domestic cups have pretty much gone to expectation getting to the Quarter Final of the League Cup before being taken down by a full-strength Tottenham side 1-0, while I'm on my way to Charlton for my 5th round tie in the FA Cup. Hoping to bring home at least another two trophies (of the three left available to me) along with the Community Shield, Euro. Super Cup and Club World Cup.

Finished my 3rd season. Won the league for the third time running. However that was my only trophy this year, apart from the community shield.

Going to look to strengthen my squad with Angel Di-Maria and Mahamoudou Sakho.

Will update when things progress.

I'm actually starting to hate FM, having to start AGAIN because FM lies to me and says it's saving when I want it to and in actual fact, it doesn't save at all!

Seems that Ctrl + S doesn't work, so it looks like i'll have to go "FM" then "Save Game As...". Was getting into that save as well, especially relying on youth completely.

Update:

Even though I found more success by selling the bulk of the team straight away and bring in youth, i've decided to keep them this time along with bringing in some youth. Also going to try out 4-3-3 instead of five in midfield or at the back like I tend to do.

Season 2 Roundup

Premier League:

38 games, 35 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss - For 115, Against 18, Goal Diff +97, 107 points

A ridiculously easy league season, the only blot being our first league loss under my management. At least it came on the last day of season 2, it's annoying how close we came to two unbeaten seasons, but it gave me hope that next season will be more competitive.

League Cup

Final:

Chelsea 3 - 1 West Brom

A good win for the youngsters, they did well to bring this cup back home again

FA Cup

Final:

Chelsea 2 - 2 Liverpool We won 4-2 on penalties

Another good competition win for the youngsters, completing a domestic treble

Champions League

A little background info before I fill you in, we got to the final with a fairly easy run, with Torres being the outstanding player, scoring and assisting bucket loads. But sadly, he got a yellow card in the second leg of the semi-final, meaning he was suspended for the final. However, this wouldn't be a problem with Lukaku having really come of age here. Sadly, he got injured 2 days before the final. So, Iker Muniain moved from AML to ST for the final, although it's his natural position, he hadn't played there for us before, so I was nervous, but it certainly made for an interesting final...

Final

Chelsea 3 - 3 Stuttgart

Donovan 15'

Harnik 30'

Muniain 59'

Asamoah OG 100'

Muniain 111'

Penalties

Stuttgart 3 - 4 Chelsea

And Iker Muniain scored the winning penalty, making him our Champions League hero, and completing a remarkable season in which we won all that was in front of us.

Round Up

A great season, we performed fantastically well, the youngsters are really showing some progress. Muniain has made the AML spot his own now, and Sturridge is making progress towards his full potential. Lukaku had a fantastic season too, he's worth over £20m now, and looks like he'll definitely be ready to take over from Torres when he drops his stats and form. We may have conceded a few more than I'd like, but it's something to build on. My top scorers were:

Torres - 44 games, 58 goals

Lukaku - 34 games, 30 goals

Sturridge - 42 games, 19 goals

Muniain - 43 games, 18 goals

Lampard - 42 games, 12 goals

Mata, Muniain and Sturridge also performed fantastically well in a creative sense, all three had more than 15 assists which was superb.

End of season I'll be having a little clear out, letting some of the older players go for as much as I can, or letting them drop to backups for one more year. Ivanovic and Donovan will definitely be out, Landon never hit the heights I'd hoped for after trying him on a previous save. Wijnaldum hasn't really found his place so I'll also be letting him go for a profit if possible. Ash is getting on now, as are Lampard and JT, meaning none are all automatic choices anymore, I'll be using McEachran, Chalobah and Alex Sandro in a lot more games this year.

I'll give you guys an update when all the transfers are over. Come on the Blues!

Bracken, do you edit individual player settings a lot or do you just make minor adjustments?

I do edit them a fair bit actually, even little edits have big effects and I make a lot of small adjustments throughout the season and big adjustments in the off season. It takes a lot of time, but it's worth it in the end.

I've decided this season to have a very strong first team, but a very very young backup team, especially in defence. I'm adopting a more gung ho approach, going for the 'we'll score more than you' tactic. So far, that's exactly what's been happening. I'll update you at the end of August on all my transfers and results so far.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving to all. Whatever that means anyway.

Good luck with the new save JT, let us know who you bring in and how it goes. 4-2-3-1 is definitely my favourite formation these days.

Season Three

Transfers:

In:

Only regens, totalling £26.5m

Out:

Branislav Ivanovic - £20m, Man City

Landon Donovan - £11.5m, Stuttgart

Georginio Wijnaldum - £7.5m, Inter

Jeffrey Bruma - £6.5m, Inter

Milan Lalkovic - £2.1m, Mallorca

Angel Del Rio (regen) - £2.5m, Real Madrid

Total - £50m

I was considering letting a few more go, including Cech and Ashley Cole, but I pulled out of a deal to sign ter Stegen at the last minute out of loyalty to Petr, and I decided to keep Ash for one more year as I've got a young English regen LB who needs tutoring. However, the backups for the first team are now sufficiently young so that I've got a good balance between those who've won everything, and hungry young players desperate for success. Here's the team

GK: Cech, Courtois, Delac

RB: Vrsaljko, Basham (regen)

DCR: Luiz, Chalobah

DCL: JT, Anthony Reed (regen0

DL: A. Cole, Alex Sandro

MCR: Kwado Asamoah, Barkley

MCL: Lampard, McEachran

AMR: Sturridge, Kakuta

AMC: Mata, Kovacic, Lucas Andersen

AML: Muniain, Eddie Hillier (regen)

As you can see, a really young team now which is what I wanted. Here's a couple of screenshots of the regens now around the first team squad, Reed and Hillier are from my academy, while Basham was brought in from Watford. I've also included one of Chalobah if anyone's interested in how he's getting on, how is he doing for anyone else who's a few seasons in?

Nathaniel Chalobah - currently got 4 star PA, 2 star CA

screenshot20111124at130.png

Anthony Reed - currently 4.5 Star PA! 2 star CA

Chris Basham - currently 4 star PA, 1.5 star CA

Eddie Hillier - currently 4 star PA, 1 star CA

August Results

Community Shield

Chelsea 4 - 1 Man Utd

Torres 6', 41'

Hernandez 11'

David Luiz 59'

Muniain 62'

A good win to start the season

Premier League

Chelsea 8 - 3 Reading

Muniain 8'

Mata 27', 31', 42'

Simon Church 29'

Lukaku 74', 76', 83'

Sturridge 79'

Vrsaljko OG 82'

Karacan 88'

John Terry Sent Off 67'

So as I said before, I wanted a more attacking philosophy meaning less cover at the back, and I've definitely had that! A fantastic first day win, the game had everything, Mata, Muniain and Lukaku were superb, Romelu started on the bench but came off and really put on a show. A great start to the season

Cardiff 0 - 5 Chelsea

Torres 7', 21', 29'

Conteras OG 17'

Marshall OG 32'

Another great attacking performance, both OG's should really have gone to Danny Sturridge who was fantastic, and it's nice for Nando to open his league account for the season

Euro Super Cup

Inter 1 - 2 Chelsea

Forlan 8'

Lukaku 32', 45'

A really good comeback as I played the entire second string, very pleased with that result

Roundup

So far so good, some great attacking performances, the youngsters are slowly being phased into the team. Lukaku and Torres have started brilliantly, both with 5 goals in just a few games, Sturridge is on fire and Muniain is providing some great service and end product from the left. Also great for Mata to get his first hat trick for the club. I'll update you again at the end of September!

Good start to the season Bracken. Chalobah looks like he's coming on well :thup:

After thinking about it I decided to continue my current save where I have just started my fourth season.

Here is my new Left Back who replaced Ashley Cole:

screenshot20111124at191.png

Archived