FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

How do you play Rondon? I played him as deeplying forward and as poacher, but he never scored that many goals. In other saves he scores usually over 20 goals per season with Malaga

Adv forward. But he's streaky, not at all consistent.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October

Anderlecht [H] 1-0

At. Madrid [H] 3-0

Granada [A] 4-3

Man. City [A] 1-4

Rayo [A] 1-0

Real Union [A] 6-1

A dreadful match in Manchester in what was a decent month for the squad, putting us on the top of the table as Real Madrid and Barcelona slip up in some draws. Real Union was easy work for my B-team in the Copa del Rey.

November

Barcelona [H] 3-0

Man. City [H] 3-2

Sporting [A] 2-0

Real Union [H] 5-0

Osasuna [H] 3-1

Olympiakos [H] 3-1

No losses this month and a hefty beating off Barcelona. My English re-gen keeper was heroic and my pacy re-gen Ukrainian left winger left Barcelona with nightmares. City lead 2-1 to half-time, but James Rodriguez were amazing in the turnover which sent us through to the knock out-stages in the Champions League. Looking really good going into December. Will we get some presents from Santa?

No, he doesn't exist. Grow up.

December

Deportivo [A] 3-1

Sevilla [A] 0-0

Athletic Bilbao [H] 1-1

Anderlecht [A] 1-1

Almeria [A] 6-0

Villarreal [A] 1-1

La Zubia [H] 13-0

We traveled alot, as only one competetive match was played in front of our home-crowd. Many drawes is a setback in the title-race, as both Real and Barca walks past their oppositions right now. Going into 2019 as third place holders. The game against La Zubia was a friendly just to raise morale after the disappointing month. Not looking to sign anyone in the january-transfer window.

Just started as Málaga, and it's going quite well. Signed Seydou Keita from Barcelona and Willian from Shakthar.

I've played 5 games so far, 4 wins and 1 draw, resulting in a first place two points clear of Real Madrid.

I still have around £13 million to spend, and I need a new right back in January as Jesus Gamez is my only one for that position.

Buy a youngster who is capable of challenging Gamez for his spot, but don't complain about not getting playing time. Get him tutored by Gamez as his personality is excellent!

January

Athletic [H] 1-1

Athletic [A] 2-1

Valladolid [H] 6-0

Espanyol [A] 2-0

Real Madrid [A] 1-1

Espanyol [H] 3-1

Betis [H] 6-0

Valencia [H] 1-0

A good congested month. Copa del Rey month in Spain and couple beatings when Valladolid and Betis is sent home with 6 in the bag.

February

Espanyol [H] 5-2

Valencia [A] 3-3

Racing [A] 4-0

R. Sociedad [H] 3-1

Valencia [A] 2-2

Bayern [H] 4-2

Pretty bad month defensivly. Conceding 10 goals overall. Luckily the strikers and wingers are scoring for fun. Also some goals from the attacking midfielder and the box-to-box midfielder securing in some high scoring games. Hopefully the defence will tighten up soon.

Topp stemning!

[Monster post ahead]

March

Getafe [H] 6-0

At. Madrid [A] 0-3

Granada [H] 1-0

Bayern [A] 1-0

Rayo [A] 3-1

Sevilla [H] 1-0

Walking past Bayern in the second round of CL. The loss in Madrid hurt, but the players showed great composure to get back into winning shortly after. We're leading with 7 goals to Real Madrid in second.

April

Barcelona [A] 0-0

Tottenham [A] 1-2

Osasuna [A] 1-1

Tottenham [H] 0-0

Deportivo [H] 4-1

Sporting [H] 3-0

Almeria [H] 2-0

A difficult start to the month, Foley (english re-gen keeper) saved my ass in the Camp Nou as Messi and Sanchez run the team ragged. Out of the CL from league-leading Spurs in the Premier League. They seem a very solid side. The loss in points have put Real Madrid only 3 points behind. Tension ahead of the last month of football this season.

May

Athletic [A] 5-0

Valladolid [A] 2-1

Villarreal [H] 1-1

37 games played, and Real Madrid have 88 points, I have 89. Barcelona have 86 and is not capable of capturing the title this season. Last match of the season is played in La Rosaleda, with Real Madrid coming. It's the deciding match of the title. I've arranged a friendly against Barcelona B, just to raise morale before the season finale, which ended in a 4-0 victory.

Real Madrid [H]

We take the lead 4 minutes into the match, Marco Dent (re-gen English midfielder) scores a poacher effort. James Rodriguez doubles the lead 10 minutes later with an excellent shot from 25 meters. Ilja Blagov (re-gen Ukrainian pacy wing) sends the stand into celebration again in the 25th minute. Pacy counter-attack puts us in the sky. Real Madrid get more of the game, but counters from Blagov, Bruma and Fierro is dangerous. In the 64th minute, everything falls through for Real, as Iker Casillas puts the ball into the own goal from a corner. Marcelo scores a concedilation goal from penalty in the 71th minute, but it's already done. Malaga are champions! My biggest triumph in the eight year reign. Dede picking up the trophy in his first year as captain after Jesus Gamez left before this season. Although the season is not finished, we're in it for the double.

Barcelona [N]

The Copa del Rey is to be on Mestalla. Before this I arrange a new friendly considering it's one and a half week from the title deciding match. Alcana is sent home with a 6-0 loss. Last time we played Barcelona our first-choice keeper saved everything, this time he is out with a broken finger, and Mike Maignan will attempt to stop Robert Mancini's men.

The game is kicked off, and Leandro Damiao just needs seconds and Barcelona are in the front seat after only 6 minutes. Horrifying start. 14 minutes gone, and Ilja Blagov puts the ball into the goal. Offside say the Barcelona-defence. "No" says the referee. We have equalised. A shocking first half from the team ends in misery, after 20 minutes, Giuliano shoots from 30 meters. 2-1 to the catalans. Just three minutes later Alexis Sanches and Lionel Messi play their way through again, and Sanches slips it under Maignan. Barcelona lead 3-1 and look in good value. I tell the players exactly what I feel about the first half. They nod in agreement that this has been a poor game. In the 54th minute I have told three players to change. I don't to anything with the tactic, yet. Just as we prepare to substitute, Lorenzo Crizetig heads a corner into goal. We're one back. Bruma which came in on for Lucas Moura delivers the ball back to Martin Montoya, in to Carlos Fierro. 3-3. He is a real star the mexican wonderboy. Barcelona lose their anger, and receives 4 yellow cards in short succesion. The game is going to extra time.

A rather drab extra time with only Lionel Messi going out with an injury, putting Barcelona to ten men. It's going to penalties.

Thiago goes up, looking rather nervous. The post stops it.

Captain Dede walks up. Awkward miss.

Pique scores.

Crizetig outfox the goalie, goal.

Damiao shoots hard up left, scores.

James Rodriguez scores, but Valdez was in it.

Alexis Sanches, confidently in the middle of the goal, and the keeper can't believe his luck, as he just stands there, receiving the ball.

Carlos Fierro steps up, and a hard low shot to the right puts us in front.

Romario steps up, and scores, but everything is up to substitute Dimitar Kostov. The bulgarian can win it for Malaga.

He steps up, with a short run towards the ball, he puts the penalty low left. Valdez can only look as he throws himself in the opposite direction.

Malaga steal the victory in a match Barcelona dominated, and leading quite confidently. My best feeling ever, winning this is my best achievement on FM 12, and I'm so happy I did it with "My" squad.

Now off to prepare for the next season. Some players are starting to decline, so I'll have some big decisions to make.

[/monster post]

A devastating 0-4 defeat away to Real Madrid :/

Oh well, still "only" two points behind Barcelona (who I will also face in the Copa del Rey final), and eight points clear of Real Madrid.

I'm in March of the first season, £22 million still to spend...

First season finished. Finished 2nd in the league, 7 points behind Barcelona and 8 points ahead of 3rd placed Real Madrid.

Also won the Copa del Rey, beating Barca in the final on penalties.

2nd season is about to start, and with van Nistelrooy having left us, I have the opportunity to pick up Dimitar Berbatov for £1,8 million. I know he's 31, but he would bring Champions League experience to the squad, and he still ain't that bad.

On my 4th season as Malaga now. Finished 3rd in the league two years in a row, and won it last year. Abused the sugar daddy in the first 2 seasons and made a super team, but massive debts. Also made it kinda boring, so I've made my aim for the next 3-5 years to start making a profit instead of losing so much money, and to also make the team mostly Spanish. Some fantastic Spanish regens coming through that should be a challenge to make in to world class players. Should make the game more interesting instead of just trying to win the same things year in, year out.

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

Decided to resume my Malaga save, which I found on my Mediafire storage which was uploaded around December last year.

190px-M%C3%A1laga_CF.png

Just completed my first season.

League table

GSXIu.png

Finished 3rd after long battle with Bilbao for 3rd place, Went down to the last day of the season. I was at home against Sporting, Bilbao was away to Levante. I won 1-0 and Levante beat them 1-0.

Players stats

ipdAK.png

Cazorla and Baptista was my top 2 players this season and both was awesome.

Next season

• Improve our away record, which was appalling this season.
  • Get to group stages in Champions League
  • Decent run in Copa del Rey
  • Blood in youngsters and offload deadwoods and free up wages bill. which we're 400K under the wage budget.

I'm playing now with Malaga without a sugar daddy and I am doing alright. Managed to get into the cl. First matches: 2-1 away againt Sevilla, 0-2 away Athletic, 3-0 against Rayo and Valladolid. In the CL I lost 1-0 to ManCity and I played 1-1 away against Zenith, now I have to beat Porto

the year is 2021. Malaga have just won the Champions League, and also celebrating a double after beating Barcelona in the Copa del Rey-finale. Malaga unfortunately lost the league in the last match, which was played infront of a fully packed Camp Nou, with Barcelona thrashing and winning back the trophy they've lost two years in a row.

This is the squad, who completed an almost perfect treble season for Malaga:

Jimmy Foley GK1

Danny Goddard GK2

Walter Rios RB 1

Mickael Severina CB 1

Dedè CB 3

Nathaniel Chalobah CB 2

Omar Grand LB 1

Veniamin Pavlov LB/RB 2

Lorenzo Crizetig DMC 1

Claude Sauvage DMC 2

Ignacio Camacho DMC 3

Marco Dent MC 1

Dimitar Kostov MC 2

Alvaro MC 3

Sergi Gomez AMR 1

Lucas Moura AMR 2

James Rodriguez AMC 1

Alexey Usachev AMC 2

Lorenzo AMC 3

Ilja Blagov AML 1

Juan Francisco Peinado AML 2

Carlos Fierro ST 1

Juanmi ST 3

Rachid Gomez Jimenez ST 2

It's a young team, with the average age of just 23 years, this team still have their best years ahead of them. Alvaro and Rachid Gomez Jimenez have come through the ranks in Malaga, while there are many more who's been in the team for ages. In the summer I'm looking towards selling Lucas Moura, and put either Usachev or Lorenzo out wide, while I'm looking for a stronger striker as the only one being a danger in front of goal is Carlos Fierro, but Valencia have got this gem of a player for the bargain of just 67 million pounds, which is hard to deny for an already proved player in the spanish league. Alejandro Avalos. The fans and I are drooling.

Tactic:

tacticf.jpgA very pacy tactic, but as I have a well fit and quick bunch of players it's working quite well. Scoring 113 goals last season.

Here's my stats for the 10 year reign of Malaga:

mystats.jpg

I finished my first season. Won the Copa del Rey against Barcelona, lost on penalties in the first knockout round of the CL against Arsenal and I became 3rd in the league. I play without a sugar daddy, but my finances are still good and now I want to sign some marquee signings. Unfortunately I missed out on Menez, Nainggolan, Dede and Witsel.

• 1 month later...

im using him as Targetman Attack.. targetman box ticked.. supply mixed.. he plays as lone striker supported by 2 AMCs and i play counter and direct passing. He gets so many 1 v 1 opportunities that he has scored 13 in 10 games even with his low composure... he just powers past the defence and slams them past the keeper. i;m trying to teach him 'round keeper' ppm which hopefully makes him more efficient even with his low composure

• 1 year later...

Archived