FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

Yeah I sold him and replaced him with Petric. I like to change the team as much as possible and build my own empire sort of thing :). Not really had the funds for that this season, but will certainly do it as I go.

I need a right back, tried signing Van Der Wiel but they wanted far too much. Might have to find one on loan.

Okay, don't worry :D Although, if you ask any former Málaga FM'er, Rondón is fantastic!

One question, did you change the sugardaddy from a Background to a Foreground one?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, that's a great start :D

Good Luck for your save; if you want to ask something, just ask in here. Keep us up-to-date with how your save is going too :thup:

Will do.

Opened the season with 0 - 0 draw against Sevilla. RVN and Petric both injured so only had Donovan as an attacking option. Was a good performance though, dominated from start to finish so quite confident when I have my fire power back we'll be putting the goal in the net :)

Sold Rondón??!? OMG! Can't see Petric replacing him, but if you want to build a new team on an already new team, it's your choice :p

Anyway, for right back, have a look at Ivan Bandalovski. Comes in VERY cheap and does the job with a no fuss mentality. Also Carlos Diogo is avaliable on a free from the start of the game ;)

Oh, and if you're not afraid of old timers, Arne Friedrich is a superb right back AND central defender... Not on contract from the start either :D

Attempted a cheeky loan bid for Lukaku, but he rejected me. Got Babacar on loan instead, signed Fabianski and brought in Dudek as a player/coach. Little git wouldn't accept coach only so he's staying unregistered :D

Lukaku never seems to fancy an loan period; I think he's holding out for a big club to come in for him. Blind Optimism, in my opinion. Khouma Babacar should be a good signing. Strong, can finish and would terrorise any season La Liga defence. Any deal to bring him in on a permanent basis?

+1 , Kameni has been fantastic for me too !

Glad to see that you've jumped onto the Carlos Kameni bandwagon too :D

Could anyone of you fellow Malaga FM'ers tell me how Isco is doing on your saves?

He's rated a 4 star potential by Bruno Demichelis (ass. man), but so far his stats haven't moved a bit despite having a good share of first team action... Looks good in all playmaking stats from the start, but he hasn't played that well either, which is a bit of a dissapointment :S

Just back with another awesome Christian Eriksen stat...

I just took a look in the player stats section from La Liga. Under "Key passes", Eriksen is a CLEAR number one with 73 key passes made! No. 2 is Messi with 'only' 44 and the rest follows with 42, 40 and so on... So I was right in saying that if my front runners would execute even half of Eriksen's CCC passes, we would be secure in 3rd position in La Liga...

Don't think I've ever seen that amount of key passes, and season's not even over yet ;)

Could anyone of you fellow Malaga FM'ers tell me how Isco is doing on your saves?

He's rated a 4 star potential by Bruno Demichelis (ass. man), but so far his stats haven't moved a bit despite having a good share of first team action... Looks good in all playmaking stats from the start, but he hasn't played that well either, which is a bit of a dissapointment :S

Isco has been good, if a bit inconsistent, on my save. I've been playing him as 'Attacking Midifielder > Support', the same role as Júlio Baptista, and has done well there. As for development, he hasn't developed much, sadly. Although, I'm only a few months into my save so, he's got plenty of time. If you havn't already, improve the standard of coaching staff at Málaga? :thup:

Well Done with your Christian Eriksen, by the way :D

Isco was a good sub and good to cover for injuries. Was quite consistent for me and scored a few goals. He took the hump with me when i bought Ozil from Real when he was transfer listed, so put a transfer request in and sold him to someone (cant remember just now) for £7.5m. Not too worried this season as from next season (5) i should have some good youth i bought start to break into first team and have them fill the Homegrown Champs league slots.

Lukaku never seems to fancy an loan period; I think he's holding out for a big club to come in for him. Blind Optimism, in my opinion. Khouma Babacar should be a good signing. Strong, can finish and would terrorise any season La Liga defence. Any deal to bring him in on a permanent basis?

Nah, just a loan. If he decides to bang them in for me then I may look to bring him in permanently at the end of the season.

Not had a chance to play it since I started, will get going properly tomorrow.

Okay lads, I've decided to return to my Málaga save. It's going well so far, I'm approaching January and the Winter Break. Here are my fixtures that are coming up before and after the Winter Break;

winterbreakfixtures.png

Which ever way you look at it, it's going to be a very tough month. This month may determine the rest of our season. I will play a more closed, restricted style of play against Barça in both fixtures so the return of the 4-2-1-3 formation will be imminent.

Aswell as some important fixtures, the January transfer window is on the horizon too. This will be a important time for the club as I am falling short of my season objective, which is Champions League qualification, due to Athletic and Atlético having excellent campaigns. I've singled out a few Transfer Targets;

januraytransfertargetsm.png

Aswell as those transfer targets, I have this young man coming in for £4.9 million;

6ezequielmunoz.png

Bargain! Anyway, I will obviously be doing monthly updates and keep you all updated on my save. Good Luck for your saves too lads :D

Nice to see you back Llew ! I am currently 3pts clear of Barca but my next 2 games are the double header against them ! Lost Wilfried to injury for 5 months now and Kameni is at the african nations , so gonna be tough. Signed Javier Saviola to fill in for Wilfried for £1.5m , and sent Ruud Van Nistelrooy packing on a mutual termination as he wasnt getting a game (NO PACE !) . Anyway Saviola notched a beauty on debut and got 2 assists so good start from him.

I'm delighted to announce the signing of Sochaux-Montbé and France playmaker, Marvin Martin;

marvinmartin.png

I've signed him for £19 million from the Ligue 1 outfit Sochaux. I'm expecting big things from young Martin, have been a huge admirer of him since his excellent 2010/2011 season. I'm hoping that he, along with Santi Cazorla, will become a massive vocal point in my Málaga side. I'm sure that he'll propel this club to future glory. Really am looking forward to managing Marvin Martin; ,y first ever experience with him on FM12 :D

Due to the Martin deal 'hogging' all the available money, I have £9 million left for the rest of January. I am, as always, looking for good deals in the Transfer Market and a loan deal for a younger player may be on the cards. I have been attempting to prise away Jesé Rodríguez, one of the biggest prospects in Spanish football, away from Real Madrid youth set-up but, I am assuming that it'll be a tough ask but, If a deal won't appear, I'll try again in January.

I'll get a Monthly Update on here tonight; it will be once I reach February though :thup:

If I was you Llew, I'd carefully consider Jese.

He walked into my Granada team and the first thing he said was he wanted the team to be built around him (from someone of his age!).

Therefore, he hasn't played a game for us, 18 months later, and he's spent all his time with us on loan somewhere else. I think I overpaid at 2.7 million as he's not performing brilliantly on loan. My biggest, and probably only mistake in the transfer market for Granada. It was very naive of me not to examine his mental attributes more closely and I've paid the price.

Bit of a hit and miss start to the season. Played 7, won 3, drawn 2 and lost 2. Got Real Madrid next too so expecting another defeat.

Been getting plagued by injuries too, but players are starting to come back. RVN announced he's retiring due to his broken leg, not sure if I should coax him out of retirement now or wait till he's fit and see how he does.

If I was you Llew, I'd carefully consider Jese.

He walked into my Granada team and the first thing he said was he wanted the team to be built around him (from someone of his age!).

Therefore, he hasn't played a game for us, 18 months later, and he's spent all his time with us on loan somewhere else. I think I overpaid at 2.7 million as he's not performing brilliantly on loan. My biggest, and probably only mistake in the transfer market for Granada. It was very naive of me not to examine his mental attributes more closely and I've paid the price.

I think he can be 'hot and cold'. I've seen JEinchy's Jesé in the Arsenal thread and he's been excellent but, as you said, I will have to asses my options and whether I do actually want a player of Jesé's volatile and disruptive nature. Anwyay, cheers for the feedback, Joe. Much appreciated :)

Still a bit topsy turvy :(. Results are picking up a bit but we keep picking up injuries and it's being a massive burden. Central Midfield has been terrible all season. Convinced the chairman to give me some more money, and I played around with the wage and transfer budget a bit to boost myself up to £19m to spend. Managed to get Eriksen on a pre-window deal for £7.5m and trying to get Javi Martinez from Athletic :)

Still a bit topsy turvy :(. Results are picking up a bit but we keep picking up injuries and it's being a massive burden. Central Midfield has been terrible all season. Convinced the chairman to give me some more money, and I played around with the wage and transfer budget a bit to boost myself up to £19m to spend. Managed to get Eriksen on a pre-window deal for £7.5m and trying to get Javi Martinez from Athletic :)

Good Luck with your attempts to bring in new recruits; Christian Eriksen is built for Liga BBVA - Great close control, creative and efficient :thup:

Natxo Monreal just picked up a injury...

natxomonrealinjury.png

It's not certain whether I will bring in a replacement but, I would like to. Although, Eliseu has impressed when he's played so, I may already have a replacement. Mathijsen can play there if things get even worse. Would love to bring in Fabián Monzón though.

Just started a Malaga save yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality in the squad, especially in midfield. The only areas I thought needed strengthening were GK and Full Backs (both sides).

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 but need (desperately) a LB, preferably one who is good but won't expect to be a first team regular ahead of Monreal. Have a remaining budget of £11M but don't want to use a lot of it if that's possible.

I've had a few targets but even though we're rich I'm simply not prepared to pay massive wages. Maxwell (Barca) went to Inter, Kolarov (Man City) wants 71k p/w basic as a key player (I would really rather not) :D

Please help.

My other signings:

Karmeni(sp?) GK (His release clause paid to Espanyol)

John Flanagan RB (Season-long loan as cover from Liverpool)

[Player Needed] LB

Once I get the LB I'm after, I won't be quite so hesitant about pressing continue... :D

I have £12m left to spend and wanna try find a CM with it. Got Eriksen coming in January, and Javi Martinez has pretty much been put out of my price range

There are a few central midfielders that I would recommend, here are a few good players which shouldn't cost much more than your budget of £12 million;

possiblemidfieldtargets.png

Alexander Merkel, who is co-owned between AC Milan and Genoa, is a good prospect within Serie 'A'. He's rated highly amongst the coaches at the San Siro. Joao Moutniho has become FC Porto's most influential midfielder in the past 12 months. Signed from arch-rivals Sprting Lisbon for a measly £10 million. Does the simple things very, very well. Yohan Cabaye, or 'Le Dreamboat' has he's been called, is a great deep-lying playmaker. Signed from LOSC Lille in the summer and has taken the Premier League by storm. Shouldn't cost too much. Hope those help you mate :D

Just to let you Málaga FM'ers know, I'm going to begin alternating between my Arsenal and Málaga save again. Of course, I'll still be as active as ever in my thread :)

So quiet on here :( Seems everyone got bored of Malaga.
I know; disappointing really :(

Although, people have pledged to return to Málaga. I'm hoping that is the case :D I'll be back soon too. Maybe this will give you sometime to experiment with different teams too?

It's my fault for coaxing people to take a trip up the A-92 to Granada ;)

@ F_Serpico , for a LB i would recommend Lucas Digne of Lille . He will be in their under 18s. I paid £1.9m but he develops into a top class left back. The two Manchester clubs have both been enquiring about him to me, needless to say i told them to F**K OFF! He can already fill in for Monreal and then will take over from him long term. Give him a shot .

:eek::D

How did the fans/board react?

Surprisingly, not that badly. I called a team meeting straight after, went and beat Mallorca who are doing well, in 5th, 2 - 0 the next game, then went and lost to Athletic 4 - 1 who are sitting 3rd. Very much a topsy turvy season.

Well january has been a poor month for me , we started it off 3pts clear of Barca but things have turned around now. We lost a home game against them 2-3 , followed that up with a 3-3 draw at Real Madrid in the semi final of the copa del rey 1st leg . Then came a home defeat vs Sevilla 0-2 and to top it all off we lost the 2nd leg of the semi 0-2 to madrid. Barca have won their game in hand too so now im 3 pts behind and my next game is at the Nou camp . Injuries and the fookin african nations are threatening to wreck a very promising season. Although my goal for the season is top 6 , champions league would be nice !

Just managed a 1 - 1 draw against Real Madrid, and also had two goals, which should of stood, ruled out. Things have picked up a little bit, started using some shouts and they seem to be playing a bit better, getting forward and taking shooting oppurtunity's more often. Hopefully a sign of things to come and we can push onto the top 6 at least :D

Sadly, I'm having to forget about FM for a bit due to a faulty fan on my Laptop; hopefully replaced and fixed soon :thup:

I havn't had a very good birthday: first my Arsenal save corrupts, I then was truly shocked and devastated by the sudden loss of Premier League Legend Gary Speed (:(:() and now my laptop is playing up! One good point though, I found out that I share my birthday with Man City manager Roberto Mancini.

But, nothing will ever overshadow the sudden loss of Wales Manager Gay Speed; you will be missed Speedo :(

Sadly, I'm having to forget about FM for a bit due to a faulty fan on my Laptop; hopefully replaced and fixed soon :thup:

I havn't had a very good birthday: first my Arsenal save corrupts, I then was truly shocked and devastated by the sudden loss of Premier League Legend Gary Speed (:(:() and now my laptop is playing up! One good point though, I found out that I share my birthday with Man City manager Roberto Mancini.

But, nothing will ever overshadow the sudden loss of Wales Manager Gay Speed; you will be missed Speedo :(

I guess no FM means Fifa and MW3, My fifa disc broke

Yes the loss of Gary Speed is a absolute shock to football

omg! :eek:

First league game of the season, away to Sevilla. We were 2-0 down inside 20 minutes, yet pulled it back with a barnstorming 2nd half display and won 4-2! :D

EDIT: I didn't even realise just how important that match is to the fans - I had no idea Sevilla are Málaga's fierce rivals. I bet I would've lost if I'd known beforehand :rolleyes:

Well my chairman made a load of random injections towards the end of the season and over the summer, which resulted in me having a transfer budget of 82 million :D. I've so far signed Falcao, Angel Di Maria, Iker Muniain and Nigel de Jong. Gonna find a CB and maybe a RB next and that will be my team built for the season :)

Archived