FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 4

Pre season so far,

OUT

Isco 7.5m, Rondon 12.5m

IN

Abliol in for 3.5m

And he wanted a change and got himself transfer listed, a lot of money but hope he is worth it. May i introduce Malaga's biggest name signing (in my save anyway :p)

Mr Wayne Rooney

rooney.jpg

Season 4

Pre season so far,

OUT

Isco 7.5m, Rondon 12.5m

IN

Abliol in for 3.5m

And he wanted a change and got himself transfer listed, a lot of money but hope he is worth it. May i introduce Malaga's biggest name signing (in my save anyway :p)

Mr Wayne Rooney

rooney.jpg

He was my last signing before I moved onto a different save cost me £60 million though. I will be interested in seeing how he performs ready for when I start up my Malaga save again.

mlagamonthlyupdate.png

November;

Hello and Welcome to another edition of my Monthly Update

Fixtures and results;

Liga BBVA;

Rayo Vallecano - 1 (Delibasic '22)

Málaga - 0

A terrible start to the month. After beating Espanyol 1-0 in what was a drab match, our inability to score goals bit us on the backside once again; we started with Vincenzo Iaquinta but, his poor form continued and we couldn't hit a barn door. Improvement needed if we have any chance of matching the in-form Valencia and Athletic Bilbao. One positive - Júlio Baptista returned from the bench.

Liga BBVA;

Real Betis - 0

Málaga - 5 (Rondón '8, '48, '59, '88, Baptista pen '74)

What a performance, a brand of performance that has deserted us in recent weeks. Rondó, who will be missing for approximately a month through injury, bagged a terrific hat-trick before going one step further and bagging another goal - he really is a key figure for us, henceforth the despair I felt when we lost him through suspension and, more recently, a hamstring strain.

Copa del Rey - 4th round ~ Second Leg;

Sporting Gijón - 1 (Armenteros '44, Gregory second yellow '41)

Málaga - 2 (Rondón '3, Botía '52, Maresca red card '55) ~ ~ ~ Málaga win 4-1 on aggregate.

Happy with the performance. Kept the ball well - 63% of possession - and scored some good goals. Although, I would've preferred to keep a clean sheet. All in all, we had 6 clear cut chances to make the win a bit more comprehensive but, for some reason or another, we couldn't convert our chances. Enzo Maresca, who overtook Apono in the race for a starting position, got sent off for a rather inauspicious challenge which, allegedly, involved a stray elbow.

Liga BBVA;

Racing- 2 (Nahulepan '4, Kennedy '45+2)

Málaga - 1 (Joaquín '43)

A lazy performance; how this could've ended if my players were up for this and, in all honesty, in the mood for it. We let in an early goal and never really recovered from it. Joaquín brought us level with a magnificent, Messi-esque goal after skipping past three players, dribbling the whole way from the halfway line and side-footing the ball past the on-rushing 'keeper. Joaquín has been a good outlet for my side throughout the season and, to an extent, he's starting to find the form that clinched his £23 million transfer from Betis to Valencia some while back.

Liga BBVA;

Málaga - 1 (Baptista '68)

Villarreal - 4 (Rossi '4, Cani '21, Nilmar '57, '89)

It may seem like a embarrassing result, especially at home but, it was far from that - we gave a very good account of ourselves and our commitment to an attacking game impressed. Rossi and Cani scored point-blanc headers within the first 25 minutes and that almost settled the game. In my opinion, it may be a biassed opinion but nevertheless, we deserved much more. Had majority of possession, had some very good chances and we caught Diego López on a good day. To put this game in a nutshell, the dynamic duo of Guiseppe Rossi and Nilmar got the better of us.

General overview of November;

All in all, I was pleased with this result but, not happy. I can only imagine what this month could've, possibly should've, been like if we could've triumphed over the likes of Racing and Rayo Vallecano. With those two defeats really have hampered our psuh for fourth place, especially with the form that Valencia and Athletic Bilbao - Signings in January look likely, primarily to boost our chances of Champions League qualification, my objective.

ligabbva6thdecember.png

Liga BBVA table as of December 6th

My Málaga Player of the Month;

◘◘◘ Joaquín - As I said further back up my update, he's slowly returning to the form that's won him 51 Spanish caps and a £17 million move to Valencia 6 years ago. He's had a great month - In all honesty, I under-estimated his value to Málaga in-game. In reality, he's key to Pellegrini's plans but, I didn't think he would be this good on FM. Has scored numerous goals which have been Ronaldo-esque. His quick feet, direct dribbling and finishing ability has propelled him into stardom once again. A Spanish call-up must be on the horizon, surely?

7joaqunnovember.png

A few final words...

Ezequiel Munoz on his way to Málaga? Well, Ezequiel Muñoz, a highly-rated Spanish centre-half who plies his trade in Serie 'A' for Palermo, has just become unhappy in Italy and has now been offered to me and, surprisingly, me alone. I can't say that I was in the market for a centre-bacl but, with Kris Staadsgard being on the fringes due to my lack of trust in him, bringing in a new centre-back wouldn't be too bad an idea. Palermo are asking for a £4.1 million fee but, I am confident, with a bit of negotiation, I'll be able to take that fee down to £3.5 million. In case you've never seen Muñoz before, here he is;

6ezequielmunoz.png

Thank You, Mr Al-Thani - After some pressing conversations, Sheikh Abdullah Al-Thani, our chairman, has granted permission for the club to improve the standard of training facilities to match the ambition of Málaga. The project will approximately cost £5.5 million and will hopefully be complete by October 2012. This is a significant step towards my goal which is to become largely self sufficient in terms of acquiring promising youth prospects.

VAMOS MÁLAGA!

Llew - Yeah Joaquin started wonderfully for me as well. His tricky running cutting in from the right was a constant outlet over the first few months. However he got an injury (leg break I think) and missed most of the season. By the time he came back I had the likes of Affelay and dos Santos performing well so his chances were limited, and eventually left.

Just about to have our first pre-season game of 2013/14 season. My plan for now is to gradually increase the amount of Spanish players I have in the squad, and start to use a lot more home grown talent. To facilitate this, I have sold:

Gamez to Palermo for £3.8m - he was on loan there last season and had a £3.8m future fee. As I said, despite his influence on the pitch his performances were below par for me.

Wilfried to AC Milan for £5.5m - as detailed in my season round up, his first team opportunities were very few and far between behind Rondon and Sow in the pecking order. Always did well when he did feature, but I would rather have one of my young strikers (Juanmi, Fierro) as backup.

Julio Baptista to Botafogo for £3.5m - still a very good player but found himself behind Tevez, Afellay, Kovacic and now Isco in the AMC position.

Emmanuel Badu to Palermo for £7.5m - probably the player I was least willing to sell. Did well as a backup ball-winner, and his progression meant he would be a no-brain first choice in a year or so. However, I want to use Camacho and Recio more so he had to go.

Moussa Sow to PSG on season loan, with a £7.5m future fee - yes I only bought him last season, but he never fully set the world alight, and Rondon is such a great player I don't need anyone to rotate with him, I just need decent players as backup. Same with Wilfried; I can now use Juanmi and Fierro more.

As for transfers in, Granero finally joined on a free form Real Madrid; and I added to this with the £7.5m signing of Botia from Gijon.

Going to fire up my save for a bit have not played FM properly for 2 days, Think I have lost the spark a bit.

Welcome back :D I can only suggest one reason for your 'loss of spark' for FM; TES: Skyrim? If that's what you've been playing on the PS3?

Andyp - Yes, Joaquín has delighted me with his performances. His direcct dribbling adds another dimension to my teams, especially with Cazorla, who pulls the strings on the other wing.

I hope the players you have available will 'deliver the goods' too. I presume the likes of Juanmi and Recio have developed well for you; let's just hope they can step up to the mark. Good Luck mate :)

Nice update Llew :thup:
Brilliant update Llew :thup: Munoz looks good, I almost came to sign him for Malaga but pulled out. Going to fire up my save.

Cheers guys :) Muñoz definitely looks a nice player - Everyone used to buy him on previous FM's but, this is my first time... Never knew he swapped allegiance's to Spain too, from Argentina. Anyway, have a quick glance at this young man. I found him by checking the top assister's in the Spanish Youth Division and, subsequently, I found Vadillo;

26lvarovadillol.png

Physically he may have some flaw's but, he makes up for it with his creative mental attributes and hsi technical ability is good for a 17-year old. May be hard to prise him away from rivals Betis, though.

After keeping up QPR for two years in succession and winning basically everything with Chelsea in the first season, I decided I needed to challenge myself more with a new save. What better way to do so by trying to knock the only two teams that challenge for the La Liga title with Malaga.

So far, i've only got a couple of days through the save but i've done a lot in that time. I terminated most of the staff contracts and brought in better staff on cheaper wages. Transfer wise i've brought in Maxwell (£3.1m), Belluschi (£1.4m) and Kameni (£5.25m). I've sold Ruben (£1.1m), Rosario (£650k) and Edinho (£1.3m). Looking to offload one or two other players too, nobody seems interested in them however.

Been tracking Vadillo for ages now in my Granada save. Betis aren't interested in letting him go though!

I just stumbled upon him by accident; just looking through the Betis' and the youth league's assist charts and found Vadillo - seems to be a good prospect.

I'm going to take a break with Malaga. Going to manage in Belgium.

Okay, mate. Good Luck; who will you be managing? The mighty force of KRC Genk?

After keeping up QPR for two years in succession and winning basically everything with Chelsea in the first season, I decided I needed to challenge myself more with a new save. What better way to do so by trying to knock the only two teams that challenge for the La Liga title with Malaga.

So far, i've only got a couple of days through the save but i've done a lot in that time. I terminated most of the staff contracts and brought in better staff on cheaper wages. Transfer wise i've brought in Maxwell (£3.1m), Belluschi (£1.4m) and Kameni (£5.25m). I've sold Ruben (£1.1m), Rosario (£650k) and Edinho (£1.3m). Looking to offload one or two other players too, nobody seems interested in them however.

Looking forward to seeing how your save develops, Galvanize. Keep us up-to-date on your save; I can assure you, it will be a challenge to overhaul Barça and Real :thup:

Whats with all the Malaga boys leaving!?

Is it getting a bit boring? Or is it just the lure of a bigger side that persuades you to go?

I know, quite a few people have left for different saves. Although, I am led to believe that they will be back :D

Just got going on my Malaga save last night and this morning. Played through to mid August so far.

I didn't play with the foreground sugar daddy as I like the challenge of handling the clubs finances; I do a few business modules on my uni course and it makes me feel like its work related :D

I haven't spent masses of money mainly looked towards signing young lads to develop rather than big names. Here's a list of my dealings:

transfers.png

Also got rid of all but 4 of my staff and brought my own favourites in:

staff.png

Slowly working my way to the start of the season.

Will keep you posted.

end of 2 season.

- finished 3° in the liga

- won the euro cup

- semifinal of national cup

now let's hope to get some money, didn't get a penny in last season. Need to buy a DMC, a winger and a striker to win this damn liga -.-

btw /clap to carlos fierro, 18 years old, finished third in top scorers ranking, behind messi and ronaldo.

Fired up the save again, I feel I may have taken my Malaga side as far as I can we have won every cup possible and with a new stadium being built maybe a new man can take the hot seat, I will not apply for any other jobs, I will only take another job if offered. My current deal runs till 2020 with the stadium being fully built in 2018 so I may still be here who knows.

I've come to the conclusion that I am going to go onto another save, don't know what team yet but, once either the old 'batch' of Málaga FM'ers come back onto their save or a new 'batch' joins Málaga, I will be playing on my alternative save :)

Good Luck for those of you who are still managing the mighty team of Málaga - Don't think that I am just ditching my save either, this will be my long-term save :D

I've come to the conclusion that I am going to go onto another save, don't know what team yet but, once either the old 'batch' of Málaga FM'ers come back onto their save or a new 'batch' joins Málaga, I will be playing on my alternative save :)

Good Luck for those of you who are still managing the mighty team of Málaga - Don't think that I am just ditching my save either, this will be my long-term save :D

I find it very hard to just decide to start again that's why I'm going to just stick with this save until a move opens up but you never know, I may stay who has left the save so far?

I find it very hard to just decide to start again that's why I'm going to just stick with this save until a move opens up but you never know, I may stay who has left the save so far?

Yeah, fine mate - Take your time; FM12 has practically come out so, there's definitely no rush.

Well, I don't think they've 'left' the save but, they're on other saves. I am led to believe that they will be coming back to he mighty Málaga. I will be alternating between both saves once I make my second one :)

Yeah, fine mate - Take your time; FM12 has practically come out so, there's definitely no rush.

Well, I don't think they've 'left' the save but, they're on other saves. I am led to believe that they will be coming back to he mighty Málaga. I will be alternating between both saves once I make my second one :)

Its so hard mixing work, with kids, with missus, with Skyrim and FM. I think the time I had off cause of my Knee killed FM for me played it solid for 2 weeks think a bit of overkill but just playing a bit every now and then.

I don't play my Malaga save at the moment because I am doing my challenge to win every continents Champions League as well as putting endless hours into the fantastic Skyrim. I will be back though.

Sounds like a very challenging challenge :D Good Luck; looking forward to your return.

Its so hard mixing work, with kids, with missus, with Skyrim and FM. I think the time I had off cause of my Knee killed FM for me played it solid for 2 weeks think a bit of overkill but just playing a bit every now and then.

I understand :thup: No need to rush mate; do whatever you want.

Sounds like a very challenging challenge :D Good Luck; looking forward to your return.

It is especially starting in Scottish 3rd with Sunday league rep, completed it on FM10 and FM11. Once I have done it I will come back here I was enjoying it but felt like a harder save.

I have to come back to see my new Rooney and Aguero strike force.

It is especially starting in Scottish 3rd with Sunday league rep, completed it on FM10 and FM11. Once I have done it I will come back here I was enjoying it but felt like a harder save.

I have to come back to see my new Rooney and Aguero strike force.

All I can say is Good Luck; to achieve that would be fantastic :thup:

Bit of advice needed, lads - I have yet to decide on a alternate save but, I'm stuck between two options; Arsenal Paris Saint-Germain?

Arsenal being my favourite team and I enjoyed a good save with PSG on FM11 :D

For me PSG would be similar to Malaga but without the constant challenge of Barcelona and Real Madrid. Arsenal would be quite easy but a bit of a challenge at the start to bring in the right players. So I guess Arsenal would be slightly harder than PSG, do you want a bit of a challenge or a walk in the park with the challenge being Europe?

For me PSG would be similar to Malaga but without the constant challenge of Barcelona and Real Madrid. Arsenal would be quite easy but a bit of a challenge at the start to bring in the right players. So I guess Arsenal would be slightly harder than PSG, do you want a bit of a challenge or a walk in the park with the challenge being Europe?

Well, that was one of the problems with a save with Paris Saint-Germain; they're similar to Málaga and the only teams standing in their way is Olympique Lyonnais and, possibly, Marseille. I'll guess it will be Arsenal then :D This must be the longest period of time I've ever been on FM without having a Arsenal save on the go. Cheers mate :)

Well, that was one of the problems with a save with Paris Saint-Germain; they're similar to Málaga and the only teams standing in their way is Olympique Lyonnais and, possibly, Marseille. I'll guess it will be Arsenal then :D This must be the longest period of time I've ever been on FM without having a Arsenal save on the go. Cheers mate :)

Marseille are great on my Malaga save made it to the Champions League final twice in three seasons. Might need some advice from you about Arsenal if my missus ever plays so get on with it lol.

Marseille are great on my Malaga save made it to the Champions League final twice in three seasons. Might need some advice from you about Arsenal if my missus ever plays so get on with it lol.

Yet, in reality, they were doing terrible :D Would happily oblige to giving you and your Mrs' some advice; alternatively, you could post in the Arsenal thread of course :thup:

I will be posting in there once she gets started that's if she stops playing the sims 3 lol.

I might fire up my Malaga save next week end, I have awesome attackers but concede too many goals. For some reason we start well and only let in 5-10 goals in the first 18 matches but the second half of the season we end up with 35 conceded.

I tend to let my goals in primarily from set-piece's and crosses from the byline. I think it's a general problem with Málaga, the level of defensive ability isn't too high. It's a problem with La Liga in general really, not jus the mighty Málaga :thup:

Looking forward to his Arsenal save now; will allow me to be a bit more 'relaxed' with my transfer targets.

Bellazi - As AcidBurn asked, did you change it to a 'Foreground Sugardaddy? [That's a chairman who invests endless amounts of money into the club; think Manchester City owner for example]

If you go to the opening post, you will find a edited pack to download :thup:

Llew - Decided it's time for Man Utd save, need one with the club I support, I understand not much of a challenge but they are my team! May do one week Malaga, One week man utd and maybe around Christmas my Lower league surprise.

Will still come here to check on how people do.

Llew - Decided it's time for Man Utd save, need one with the club I support, I understand not much of a challenge but they are my team! May do one week Malaga, One week man utd and maybe around Christmas my Lower league surprise.

Will still come here to check on how people do.

No worries; that's what I am planning on doing to. Although, I will be alternating more regularly, I predict. Especially if Málaga do better in reality, or likewise Arsenal :thup:

Málaga Club de Fútbol – Preseason Update - 2017/18

Supercopa

As holders of both the league and Copa Del Rey, the Supercopa was played against the Copa runners-up Racing Santander. The first leg, played at home, was a high scoring affair with us winning 3-2 thanks to a last minute strike from Carlos Fierro. Juan Mata had missed a penalty earlier in the game. Paco Alcacer, a player who I had previously owned, was the goal scorer for the opposition. The 2nd leg was much more of a formality , with us winning 2-0 to claim the Cup with a 5-2 aggregate victory.

European Super Cup

Played against the reigning EPL and Europa League champions, Manchester City, the European Super Cup was a closely fought match. However it was the Manchurians who came out as the victors thanks to an Edin Dzeko goal on the counter attack in the 84th minute. The ESC is now the only trophy that eludes the Malaga trophy cabinet.

European Champions League Group Stage

We were seeded first and drew a very favourable group – Besiktas, Shakhtar and Standard Liege. I fully expect us to qualify in first from this group with a game or two in hand.

Transfers

In:

4 newgens for £11.25m including a 4.5* potential French striker

Out:

- Carlos Tevez to Juventus for £12.25 – He had only 1 year left on his contract (plus an extension clause if he played 15 or more league games). Was also sold to make room for a newgen striker I had been developing who played last season for Schalke and was their top scorer in the Champions League. The decision to sell the club icon did not go down well with the fans.

- Salomon Rondon to Villarreal for £2.9m – Another player sold with just 1 year left on his contract. His long term injury last season really dented his value. He wasn’t likely to get much playing time either. The decision to sell this club legend went down even worse with the Malaga faithful.

- 6 newgens for more than £40m

Total out: £56m

For the 4th season in a row, I have had more cash come in from player sales than I have bought. I tried to buy Mario Gotze with that extra cash made, but Dortmund wouldn’t sell for anything near £60m, so I gave up. Mezsut Ozil became unhappy at Real Madrid, but they wouldn’t budge from an asking price of £35m – a fee I am unwilling to pay. I hope that the price will come down by the winter transfer period.

23drd23 - Nice update mate :thup:

You've made some good net profit there; must be plenty to fall back on if needed. I'm sure the sales of Carlos Tevez and Salomón Rondón didn't go down well but, you're the manager and I'm sure you know what's best for Málaga.

Just curious about that 4.5* potential French Striker, any chance of a screenshot? Keep us up-to-date, mate :)

Here's the 4.5* potential striker, bought from Rennes for £6.25m (for some reason Rennes is a powerhouse for creating newgens in my save):

Manuel17.png

Manuel17-report.png

Just for reference, Carlos Tevez just before I sold him was a 3* player, Angel Di Maria is a 3* player, Aaron Ramsey is a 4* player.

You've made some good net profit there; must be plenty to fall back on if needed.

Yeah, I've got £95m in the bank, a transfer budget of £140m and a £700k p/w in wages available, but I'm never going to spend that. The £15m I spent on Di Maria is still the most I've paid for a player.

I'm sure the sales of Carlos Tevez and Salomón Rondón didn't go down well but, you're the manager and I'm sure you know what's best for Málaga.

Yeah selling a club icon (Tevez) and a club legend (Rondon) will never go down well but I couldn't keep them. Tevez would have been the 3rd striker at best, which makes his 110k p/w wages hard to justify and Rondon would have been the 5th or 6th striker and the 3rd best AMR so wouldn't get much playing time.

Archived