FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I've decided that as good as Nasri is, £37m is a helluva lot of money so have gone for Johnson (£3.8m!) and put a £1.8m offer in for Sidney Sam. Granero didn't sign a new contract so I can get him for free next Summer if he agrees to my terms. £5.6m for Johnson, Sam and Granero. Serious bargains there. Sam looks like the most one dimensional player possible, but with his pace, finishing and determination I'm thinking super-sub!

Have put an inquiry in for Azpilicuerta and Sebastian Corchia. Azpilicuerta is first choice, but Corchia looks like he can be as good as him for hopefully less money.

Have also made loan bids for Joleon Lescott and Danny Wilson (both until the end of next season). One of those will be fine as CB cover behind Otamendi/Bassong and Mathijson.

I've also sent enquiries out for: David De Gea, Pepe Reina, Hugo Lloris and Sergio Romero.

Fingers crossed!

Some great acquisitions there, Andyp. I like how you keep the clubs finances in mind and keep to the Málaga way when it comes to Transfers; I see many people go out and buy everyone too often - Would be interesting to see if you get Pepe Reina or Joleon Lescott too; two more good players. Good Luck!

Your right, they are some serious bargains you have there!

Even with a club as financially sound as Malaga, I still feel you need try keep the ship steady and not go too overboard.

Great work there Andyp.

You speak sense; I like you :thup: Málaga's policy in reality is to remain 'realistic' in the transfer market, as we've seen with recent signings.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

I'm not used to managing big sides though, I normally prefer taking on the tactical challenges that are offered by teams with almost no budget and generating my own funds, which I've been doing very effectively with Granada. This is probably why I would always look to keeping the finances in a steady state, but hey that's me :)

Really considering starting a save though, the appeal to me is the challenging of knocking Barcelona and Real off the top of the Spanish league as they have been for years.

The money is an added bonus, but I really doubt I'd look to bring many in to challenge for the first team.

Might load one up later just to have a bit of a browse.

Wow. I really hate Bilbao and their damn 3-4-3. 3-0 down at half time.

Tell me about it!! Lost both games to them this season :( Toquero scored like 4 goals against me :mad: I noticed when they score, they goes 5 at the back.

Just loaded up my Málaga save after another long day; how I do love FM after days like these :)

Anyway, we had to travel to the isle of Majorca, off the Eastern coast of Spain, to challenge Michael Laudrup's Mallorca side - from what I have seen of them, they are a good footballing outfit with a good centre-back partnership of Ivan Ramis and Jose Nunes. It wouldn't be silly to say that we absolutely demolished them! More on that to come in my monthly update; although I will leave you with a 'parting gift' if you like.

14kevindebruynekrcgenk.png

Seeing that my scout, Faustinho, only said that De Bruyne, one of my favourite players, will cost £1.9 million - I'd love to bring him in; I hope some of you would too :D

I am seriously considering starting again as Malaga without the foreground sugar daddy for me this gives too much money. I know I can just not spend it but I would fancy the challenge of doing it without all the cash available.

How long did everyone keep Joaquin for? He was really good last season but his attributes have started to drop a lot, doubt he will cut his wages by much either.

Two seasons I kept him for then he played 12 games in the third season util his contract expired.

I am seriously considering starting again as Malaga without the foreground sugar daddy for me this gives too much money. I know I can just not spend it but I would fancy the challenge of doing it without all the cash available.

I just don't spend all the cash he gives me, but I do know what you mean about him giving so much cash, I already feel i'm dominating this league which means once the new ground is built I may have to find another challenge, Barcelona have been unable to replace Xavi or Puyol so now they just look average :(. Going to stick with it tho and just see what 2020 brings when I get there.

I just don't spend all the cash he gives me, but I do know what you mean about him giving so much cash, I already feel i'm dominating this league which means once the new ground is built I may have to find another challenge, Barcelona have been unable to replace Xavi or Puyol so now they just look average :(. Going to stick with it tho and just see what 2020 brings when I get there.

I am not dominating but winning the league in the 3rd season is too quick, I did enjoy spending all the cash but just want to see how hard it is without the huge financial backing.

I made my transfers! And I must say I'm very happy with how this window has worked out for me. As I said, I was given £50m for transfers and £170k p/w for wages. I have now finished my transfers for the season and still have £37.7m and £84k p/w left, which is a huge achievement when you consider who I have brought in:

28mg2me.jpg

Danny Wilson - With the use of £1m I managed to convince Liverpool to let me have him on loan until the end of the 2013-14 season. We all know about Wilson, he's a very promising physical and quick centre back who will almost certainly become one of the best in the game by the time he is 25. I'm hoping a year or so will me will convince him that a life on the Mediterranean is for him! Note: scored on his debut, a 1-0 Copa Del Rey 5th round game against Mallorca.

Sidney Sam - Quick, tricky, an eye for goal and not much else. If only his determination was a bit higher he would be the most perfect tailor-made supersub in FM history. As it stands, £1.8m for a player who has all the attributes to be a very useful man cutting in from the left is a gamble I was more than happy to take. Unfortunately for him, he looks set to be 3rd choice on the right wing, after Gio dos Santos and.....

... Adam Johnson - an absolute steal for £3.8m (Man City may be buying the world, but that leaves a LOT of quality sitting annoyed in the reserves). A less devastatingly quick, but more rounded footballer than Sam, I'm hoping Johnson's direct running and impressive agility can make a big impact on La Liga over the next few years. Currently 25, so should be hitting his prime. Could be one hell of a bargain.

Martin Montoya - Frustrated at the lack of chances with Barcelona, he had a ma-hoosive bust up with Guardiola and found himself transfer listed for £0 (yes, you read that right - FREE). Possessing good physical and mental attributes this is one 21 y/o RB who has a huge future. So much so I gave up my pursuit of Azpilicuerta and even sent Kyle Walker back to london. My coaches rate him 2* currently and potential to reach 3.5*. I disagree, I think he can do a job now.

Rui Patricio - I said I wanted a more commanding GK than Kameni to help give us that extra push, and that is exactly what Patricio is. 188cm tall, strong as an Ox and quick to boot, he possesses good (15) attributes in all the main GK areas. At 24, he also has many years to progress. A quality goalkeeper who I can't believe is gettable for as little as £11.5m.

I also managed a pretty decent coup by getting Esteban Granero to sign a contract with us instead of signing a new one with Real. He'll be joining FOR FREE next Summer.

Obviously, some people had to make way to allow these signings to come in:

iequ69.jpg

Martin Dimechelis - Unhappy at being 4th choice CB, he gave me an ultimatum: "Play me or I'll kick off". Suits me, I've never been a big fan, and when Fulham came in with a bid I was more than happy to get rid of his £40k p/w wages.

Carlos Fierro - He was never going to get the game time he needs to develop, so a few months at Gijon should do him the world of good.

Diego Bounanotte - Never really performed for me, I'm happy to receive the £4m Fenerbache offered and good luck to him.

Donovan Leon - Should join Parma on loan, and hopefully will get some football

Recio - I like him. Very good player but with Camacho stepping up and Badu being solid, his chances in the supporting ball winning midfielder role had become pretty slim. Off on loan to either Zaragoza or Getafe will give him the first team action he needs.

So there we go, the squad has been sufficiently upgraded and hopefully we will now be ready to step up and really start to challenge Barca for the league this year.

I am not dominating but winning the league in the 3rd season is too quick, I did enjoy spending all the cash but just want to see how hard it is without the huge financial backing.

Why don't you just change it back? pay way over the odds for a player to reduce the cash and do it that way?

Why don't you just change it back? pay way over the odds for a player to reduce the cash and do it that way?

Not sure that really helps. I changed it back at the end of season 3. In season 6, I was given a transfer budget of £91m and a wage budget of £1.9m/week (although me being cheap might have something to do with it)

Finally completed the season.

Gfdfm.png

VtCH4.png

FY3Zl.png

Nstyl.png

Disappointed to finish 4th, I know we should have finished 3rd if we didn't draw/lose to crap teams. Should have beaten At.Madrid away but their keeper was saving everything.

But Champions League next season!

Probably going to do a clear out for next season, sell deadwood and bring in couple players

Julio Baptista finished as Malaga's top goal scorer with 13 goals. And Cazorla behind him with 11 goals. Also disappointed that my strikers didn't get 15-20 goals.

ARGHHH! the board just cancelled upgrading the training and youth facilities due to lack of funds.

Yeah Asenjo is quality. Must have been so annoying as that looks like the result that decided you were finishing in 4th! Who are you thinking of getting rid of/bringing in?

OUT

Joaquin

Diego Buonanotte (Is wanted but they said his wages is the problem)

Duda

Jeremy Toulalan

Stadsgaard

Willy Caballero

Ruben (Keeper)

IN (targets)

Rami (Valencia)

Dominguez (AT.Madrid)

Alberto Botía (Sporting)

Left back (Don't know who yet)

GK (^)

OUT

Joaquin

Diego Buonanotte (Is wanted but they said his wages is the problem)

Duda

Jeremy Toulalan

Stadsgaard

Willy Caballero

Ruben (Keeper)

IN (targets)

Rami (Valencia)

Dominguez (AT.Madrid)

Alberto Botía (Sporting)

Left back (Don't know who yet)

GK (^)

It would be very wise to sign Alberto Botía; he's been great for me in the early stages of the season :thup:

Quite surprised that you're looking to offload Toulalan too. I know age is beginning to catch up with him a little but, he's still a top performer and, in my opinion, a vital component to Málaga.

By the way, I will, mark my words, get a monthly update on here by the end of the night :D

I play Jali and Reico as 2 MC and both of them keeping him out of the team. My scout keeps saying 9.25M for Dominguez but they kept rejecting it :mad: Also going for Baines for left back. I came close to sign Botia but pulled out at the last minute for some reason which I don't know :confused: Might go for him again if I can't get Dominguez.

I play Jali and Reico as 2 MC and both of them keeping him out of the team. My scout keeps saying 9.25M for Dominguez but they kept rejecting it :mad: Also going for Baines for left back

How has Recio progressed for you? Coming along quite nicely for me; looking to play him in lesser games :thup:

Yes, on the demo, I managed to get Domínguez for £8 million - I tried on the real game and Atlético wouldn't budge :( Baines would be a good option; have a look at Benoit Tremoulinas too.

Recio done well for me, played 16 games and scored one goal. He took over Toulalan when he got injured and kept his place ever since. Will take a look at Tremoulinas. Everton keeps rejecting my 15M for Baines :thdn:

Just noticed we're 1M in red :(

Recio done well for me, played 16 games and scored one goal. He took over Toulalan when he got injured and kept his place ever since. Will take a look at Tremoulinas. Everton keeps rejecting my 15M for Baines :thdn:

Just noticed we're 1M in red :(

What about his attributes; much improved or just little bits here and there? I have high hoped for him. I would've thought Everton would bite your hand off for £15 million considering the state that they're in financially, obviously not :D

Here is him at the start of the season.

RxdwL.png

At the end of the season

FLSmi.png

Bordeaux wants too much for Tremoulinas, So, I will look elsewhere. Still got Monreal but need to add cover for left back. Might raid French clubs :D

After taking a look at my team I've noticed a gaping hole in central midfield, so used some of my left over transfer money to bring in Axel Witsel. Anyone come across him before? This is the first I've heard of him, and he looks tremendous.

2j3flg1.jpg

C.Ronaldo hopefully joining for 98m, thanks mr chairman :), i sold Vidic and another defender to Man City for bout 60m was delighted didnt expect any offers. Just waiting on a player they wanted for a long time accepting there contact, then its goodbye Rossi or Tevez.

Seriously? 98m? In my 7th season, the most I've spent on a player is £27m on Hazard, and that was only because I knew I had £23m coming in from selling Xherdan Shaqiri.

Would be pretty great to manage him though I suppose.

Anyway, my starting XI for season 7 looks like this:

31219131253-orig.jpg

I'm definitely trying to bring in newgens more than anything else now.

Here are some of them:

31219150646-orig.jpg

Ivo Sousa - Cost 6.5m when he was 18

31219165576.jpg

Vagner - Cost 2.6m when he was about 16, had to wait till he was 18 though obviously.

31219181970.jpg

Kamel Adda - Cost 25m at the beginning of the season.. I splurged, and had just sold Thiago to Chelsea for £26.5m

http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/orig/11/31219200122-orig.jpg (ran out of images allowed in post)

Hugo Peralta - Cost 3m when he was 18. Probably one of my favourite players at the club.

http://img1.uploadscreenshot.com/images/main/11/31219211992.jpg

Finally, Emilio Nascimento - 19m from Real at the beginning of the season.. I got jealous, and Aguero had just gone for £33m

I must say, I've got pretty damned lucky with the development of the newgens I bought when they were young. Very lucky indeed.

mlagamonthlyupdate.png

September;

Hello and welcome to my first monthly update on my Málaga save which I am thoroughly enjoying; I hope to post these every month and, hopefully, you'll all enjoy reading them. Vamos Málaga!

Fixtures and results;

Liga BBVA;

Sevilla - 2 (Kanouté '19, '55)

Málaga - 2 (Iaquinta '75, '86)

Our first venture into La Liga under my management - It was a thriller! Nerve-racking, frustrating 'rumble in the Sevilla jungle'. Kanouté, a man I targeted pre-game to man mark, scored twice after bursting free of his markers and slottign the ball home; I was not pleased. But then, the Old Lady's old-timer, Vincenzo Iaquinta, was introduced. Two vital goals in quick succession earned my Málaga side a draw aswell as massive plaudits for himself, Iaquinta!

Liga BBVA;

Málaga - 3 (Iaquinta '37, Botía '43, '62)

Granada - 1 (Ribeiro '76)

A tale of two new signings - both are already looking like good acquisitions. Iaquinta bagged another goal while Botía made good first impressions by scoring two in two. we rode our luck a bit, mainly due to some lack-lustre defending, but, we held on and managed to record a good win over our 'not so fierce' rivals.

Liga BBVA;

Mallorca - 0

Málaga - 6 (Rondón '19, '79, '82, Cazorla '27, Joaquín '45, '56)

What a win; was not expecting it in all honesty. Mallorca are usually a solid, respectable side but, Michael Laudrup must've pushed the wrong buttons today. Rondón bagged a terrific hat-trick, helped by supporting act Santi Cazorla who had another blinder, and it seems, especially to the fans, that Joaquín is returning to his imperial best that got his £23 million transfer to Valencia some years back. Fabulous result.

Liga BBVA;

Málaga - 2 (Gabilondo OG '1, Joaquín '59)

Athletic Bilbao - 0 (Martinez red card '5, Aitor Ocio red card '11)

I loved this result, and our performance to boot. This was a match I was dreading. Bielsa's 3-4-3 tactic looked lethal on paper but, I countered it with a very cleverly devised, if I do say so myself, 4-2-1-3 which involved Jérémy Toulalan and Nacho Camacho sitting deep, doubling up to aid our back line to counter the threat that Muniain, Llorente and Toquero posed; It worked very, very well. We managed to frustrate them with our possession and relative solidity in tricky situations which, in essence, won us the game. Excellent team performance.

Liga BBVA;

Zaragoza - 2 (Barrera '53, Braulio '58)

Málaga - 2 (Cazorla '23, Roberto OG '74)

This was a close affair in northern Spain. In all honesty, our gameplan and strategy was sucked from us once Cazorla, our talisman especially in the absence of Baptista, was carted from the field with a dead leg. It disrupted our tempo, rythmn and confidence. They managed to equalise, and eventually get ahead, through a mix-up between Demichelis and the impressive Kameni before Rondón rose high to smash the ball off the crossbar, rebounding off Roberto and trickled into the net. This match unearthed a problem which we did not eradicate as the game progressed, and that problem was ourselves.

General review of September;

A good month which provided a solid foundation on which I can build upon for the rest of the season; I firmly believe that a good, testing pre-season is vital for a good start to a season and we had that. The most promising thing that come of this month was our ability to adapt to counter different situations. As you observed from that 2-0 win over Athletic Bilbao, I transferred to a 4-2-1-3 tactic on game day and yet, with a lack of preparation and tactical understanding, our players still went out there and put put a impressive performance. If we can keep players fit, healthy and motivated, we could have a very promising season ahead of us.

libabbva1stoctober.png

Liga BBVA table as of October 1st

Málaga's Player of the Month;

◘◘◘ Santi Cazorla - He really has been fantastic; the shining light of my attacking trio behind the striker. Links up perfectly well with nearly every player on the pitch. I play him as an 'Advanced Playmaker > Attack' in the AML position and he thrives there - he has the creativity and passing ability of someone like Iniesta yet, his finishing is of top quality too. He has and will be a mainstay in the side for at least another 5 years, possibly or probably more, depending on how or if injury hampers his career. So far, he's made 6 assists in 4 first-team games which is the highest amount in La Liga. I just pray now that lady luck is on my side and he remains fit for most, if not, all of the season.

12santicazorlaseptember.png

Final words...

Júlio Baptista's injury situation - I am sad to announce that, in the game against Mallorca, Baptista had to be stretchered off with a broken shine bone, or lower tibia fracture. This will be a major loss for, what is thought to be, two weeks as he is a key figure in Málaga but, in my opinion, players like Isco are capable of making that next step up. Good Luck to them, I say.

Our style of play - This is a aspect of my save which I will emphasize a lot on; I am a stickler for my teams playing a free-flowing, efficient brand of football. So far, my Málaga side are playing some fantastic football. I try to play a short passing game, which encourages players to roam and create dangerous opportunities from nothing and, luckily, Santi Cazorla is leading by example; some of his reverse balls at times are of Barça standard. Also, players like Isco and Apoño are now coming into their own and attempting to play the short game and, so far, their achieving that.

My pursuit of Marvin Martin; the latest - I'm now going to announce that I am in the market for Sochaux-Montbé and French midfielder Marvin Martin. I intend on lodging a £15 million bid for the young, Paris-born playmaker as I feel, with a bit of help from Toulalan, he could flourish in La Liga and become a force to be reckoned with. I've yet to decide where he would slot in, probably in place of Apoño who, don't get me wrong, has playerd well but, I feel we need to leap to that 'second gear', if you like. I'll keep you updated on this matter.

VAMOS MÁLAGA!

Monthly Update - September;

Hello and welcome to my first monthly update on my Málaga save which I am thoroughly enjoying; I hope to post these every month and, hopefully, you'll all enjoy reading them. Vamos Málaga!

Fixtures and results;

Liga BBVA;

Sevilla - 2 (Kanouté '19, '55)

Málaga - 2 (Iaquinta '75, '86)

Our first venture into La Liga under my management - It was a thriller! Nerve-racking, frustrating 'rumble in the Sevilla jungle'. Kanouté, a man I targeted pre-game to man mark, scored twice after bursting free of his markers and slottign the ball home; I was not pleased. But then, the Old Lady's old-timer, Vincenzo Iaquinta, was introduced. Two vital goals in quick succession earned my Málaga side a draw aswell as massive plaudits for himself, Iaquinta!

Liga BBVA;

Málaga - 3 (Iaquinta '37, Botía '43, '62)

Granada - 1 (Ribeiro '76)

A tale of two new signings - both are already looking like good acquisitions. Iaquinta bagged another goal while Botía made good first impressions by scoring two in two. we rode our luck a bit, mainly due to some lack-lustre defending, but, we held on and managed to record a good win over our 'not so fierce' rivals.

Liga BBVA;

Mallorca - 0

Málaga - 6 (Rondón '19, '79, '82, Cazorla '27, Joaquín '45, '56)

What a win; was not expecting it in all honesty. Mallorca are usually a solid, respectable side but, Michael Laudrup must've pushed the wrong buttons today. Rondón bagged a terrific hat-trick, helped by supporting act Santi Cazorla who had another blinder, and it seems, especially to the fans, that Joaquín is returning to his imperial best that got his £23 million transfer to Valencia some years back. Fabulous result.

Liga BBVA;

Málaga - 2 (Gabilondo OG '1, Joaquín '59)

Athletic Bilbao - 0 (Martinez red card '5, Aitor Ocio red card '11)

I loved this result, and our performance to boot. This was a match I was dreading. Bielsa's 3-4-3 tactic looked lethal on paper but, I countered it with a very cleverly devised, if I do say so myself, 4-2-1-3 which involved Jérémy Toulalan and Nacho Camacho sitting deep, doubling up to aid our back line to counter the threat that Muniain, Llorente and Toquero posed; It worked very, very well. We managed to frustrate them with our possession and relative solidity in tricky situations which, in essence, won us the game. Excellent team performance.

Liga BBVA;

Zaragoza - 2 (Barrera '53, Braulio '58)

Málaga - 2 (Cazorla '23, Roberto OG '74)

This was a close affair in northern Spain. In all honesty, our gameplan and strategy was sucked from us once Cazorla, our talisman especially in the absence of Baptista, was carted from the field with a dead leg. It disrupted our tempo, rythmn and confidence. They managed to equalise, and eventually get ahead, through a mix-up between Demichelis and the impressive Kameni before Rondón rose high to smash the ball off the crossbar, rebounding off Roberto and trickled into the net. This match unearthed a problem which we did not eradicate as the game progressed, and that problem was ourselves.

General review of September;

A good month which provided a solid foundation on which I can build upon for the rest of the season; I firmly believe that a good, testing pre-season is vital for a good start to a season and we had that. The most promising thing that come of this month was our ability to adapt to counter different situations. As you observed from that 2-0 win over Athletic Bilbao, I transferred to a 4-2-1-3 tactic on game day and yet, with a lack of preparation and tactical understanding, our players still went out there and put put a impressive performance. If we can keep players fit, healthy and motivated, we could have a very promising season ahead of us.

libabbva1stoctober.png

Liga BBVA table as of October 1st

Málaga's Player of the Month;

◘◘◘ Santi Cazorla - He really has been fantastic; the shining light of my attacking trio behind the striker. Links up perfectly well with nearly every player on the pitch. I play him as an 'Advanced Playmaker > Attack' in the AML position and he thrives there - he has the creativity and passing ability of someone like Iniesta yet, his finishing is of top quality too. He has and will be a mainstay in the side for at least another 5 years, possibly or probably more, depending on how or if injury hampers his career. So far, he's made 6 assists in 4 first-team games which is the highest amount in La Liga. I just pray now that lady luck is on my side and he remains fit for most, if not, all of the season.

12santicazorlaseptember.png

Final words...

Júlio Baptista's injury situation - I am sad to announce that, in the game against Mallorca, Baptista had to be stretchered off with a broken shine bone, or lower tibia fracture. This will be a major loss for, what is thought to be, two weeks as he is a key figure in Málaga but, in my opinion, players like Isco are capable of making that next step up. Good Luck to them, I say.

Our style of play - This is a aspect of my save which I will emphasize a lot on; I am a stickler for my teams playing a free-flowing, efficient brand of football. So far, my Málaga side are playing some fantastic football. I try to play a short passing game, which encourages players to roam and create dangerous opportunities from nothing and, luckily, Santi Cazorla is leading by example; some of his reverse balls at times are of Barça standard. Also, players like Isco and Apoño are now coming into their own and attempting to play the short game and, so far, their achieving that.

My pursuit of Marvin Martin; the latest - I'm now going to announce that I am in the market for Sochaux-Montbé and French midfielder Marvin Martin. I intend on lodging a £15 million bid for the young, Paris-born playmaker as I feel, with a bit of help from Toulalan, he could flourish in La Liga and become a force to be reckoned with. I've yet to decide where he would slot in, probably in place of Apoño who, don't get me wrong, has playerd well but, I feel we need to leap to that 'second gear', if you like. I'll keep you updated on this matter.

VAMOS MÁLAGA!

Not a bad start, Better than I did :p Shame to hear about Baptista's injury.

Málaga Club de Fútbol - Half Season Update - 2016/17

It seems I forgot to provide a pre-season update, so this one will have to serve as a pre-season and half season update.

The 2016 UEFA European Championship was won by Germany, beating France 2-0. After the tournament, Spain (who made the Semis), England and Italy (both only made the 1st knockout round) all offered me the job of managing their national teams.

spainoffer.png

I took the job of managing the Spanish national team, abandoning the Mexicans after just 1 year as I felt they offered me the best chance to win the 2018 World Cup.

Moving back to club management, there were a few significant transfers made.

Transfers:

cashtransfers16-17.png

There have been two significant purchases during these six months:

Paulo Azevedo

Azevedo.png

A 20 yo Portuguese CB bought for £7.25m from Porto before the beginning of the season. Scouting reports before buying him indicated that he would be either the 2nd or 3rd best CB should he join

Jair de la Torre

delaTorre.png

A 20 yo Mexican left Winger bought for £3.5m from Puebla FC (in Mexico) in the January transfer window. He was bought to develop for a year or two before Angel Di Maria and Juan Mata begin to decline.

Some significant outs:

KaraHe was sold as none of my formations used require a defensive midfielder (of which he wouldn’t even be the best available)

Frederik SorensenSorensen, despite being great in limited time for me in the previous season, Sorensen was sold to make room for Azevedo

Shinji KagawaKagawa disappointed during his time at La Rosaleda, and with youth prospects beginning to overtake him on the depth chart, he was sold before his contract ran out.

Naxto MonrealAnother sold with just a year left on his contract and younger players pushing for his spot in the first team squad.

Salomon RondonI attempted to sell Rondon to give game time to a newgen striker Arthur Timofeev, who I’ve been developing for the last 3 years. However the only offers were for loans, so he was sent to Valencia for a fee of £4.7m. Unfortunately he broke his leg and has been out for the last 5 months.

Squad and Tactics:

The 2016/17 season saw the first major change in formation in over 3 years, moving from a 4-2-3-1 to what is in effect a 4-2-4. This is a formation with a very fluid mentality which looks to control possession using short, quick passing.

squad16.png

Progress:

As is normally the case with my teams, we have started off the season well. With a little under half a season gone, we currently sit top of the table with a 4 point cushion over Real Madrid. Some notable results include a 5-0 victory at the Nou Camp in the second leg of the Supercopa, a 5-1 win against Real Madrid, a 9-1 win over Deportivo, and a 3-0 victory over Barcelona.

Jan17table.png

The Champions League Group Stage draw was fairly favourable with Schalke, Lens and Dinamo Bucharest being drawn in my group. The only notable results during this stage were a 2-1 loss at Schalke and a 1-1 draw at Lens. Despite those results, I managed to finish top of the group.

CLGroup17.png

I have drawn Roma in the First Knockout Round.

Just got home from Football training and I'm now looking forward to loading my Málaga save up and watching the England U21's on ESPN :thup:

My saves going well, as many of you saw from my monthly update. We've performed well going forward and, our apparent ability to defend in tricky situations has pleased me too; Looking forward to January now too.

Archived