Sports Interactive Community
Llew_Arshavin23

FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

not sure yet will see how the first few games go, a couple of promising youth wingers so you never know :p

Just had my batch of youth candidates in March 2016 come through and there are 3 that look really promising. All 3 are 3.5* Potential prospects (3.5* is "leading player" quality - Di Maria/Mata/Dominguez etc are all 3.5* current ability)

Valverde.png

Ortigosa.png

Lopes.png

not sure yet will see how the first few games go, a couple of promising youth wingers so you never know :p

Newgens? I've found a couple of newgen Romanian wingers that have decent potential too

Speaking of International Management, in the ~9 months that I've been with Mexico, I've moved them up to 13th in the world (from 18th), just through playing friendlies. I cant wait to start beating up on all the little Central American and Carribean nations :D

Get in! Great result. By the way how much did Samba and Hamsik set you back, and what season did you get them?

I've definitely settled on a tactic now, and it is currently paying off. After 6 league games we are 1st with 16 points (17 goals scored, 3 conceded), and after 2 Champs League games we're top of the group (a 4-4 win at Stamford Bridge followed by a 3-2 home win over Copenhagen). Cazorla, Tevez and Afellay are working wonders behind the front man. Cazorla is the in-form guy (3 goals, 11 assists in 8 starts), but Tevez is already making his mark (6 goals in 8, 2 assists).

Malaga's European adventure has definitely started; a 4-4 draw at Stamford Bridge (from 2-0 down after 20 minutes) followed by a 3-2 home win against Copenhagen.

Bought them both 2nd season for about 40m i think it was.

Anyways

I beat Barca 1-2 at Nou Camp then they beat me 0-1, because i had a player sent off. And i also beat Chelsea 3-1 at home so i hope i dont lose like i did last season against Bayern.

Blue_magic - Fantastic Update mate; keep 'em coming :thup:

I've just loaded up my Málaga save and have already had to make some difficult decisions. The time had come to pick a provisional squad for my Liga BBVA campaign but, due to our quite large squad, I've had to make some omissions - here they are;

Francisco Portillo - Tough decision but, with Recio in the squad, I feel I have a good home-grown prospect. Portillo will hopefully be moving out on loan to a Liga Adalente outfit as I do have high hopes for this young man.

Weligton - Another tough one; It was a straight toss-up between Kris Staadsgard and the Málaga vetran. He might be shipped off to another club but, he does have a little sentimental value from myself and the Málaga faithful.

Javier Malagueño - This omission was much easier. A decent player but, not to the standard that I quite want. He will be moved on sooner rather than later.

Pre-Season update should be up tonight, hopefully :D

I've just loaded up my Málaga save and have already had to make some difficult decisions. The time had come to pick a provisional squad for my Liga BBVA campaign but, due to our quite large squad, I've had to make some omissions - here they are;

Francisco Portillo - Tough decision but, with Recio in the squad, I feel I have a good home-grown prospect. Portillo will hopefully be moving out on loan to a Liga Adalente outfit as I do have high hopes for this young man.

Weligton - Another tough one; It was a straight toss-up between Kris Staadsgard and the Málaga vetran. He might be shipped off to another club but, he does have a little sentimental value from myself and the Málaga faithful.

Javier Malagueño - This omission was much easier. A decent player but, not to the standard that I quite want. He will be moved on sooner rather than later.

Good luck! Again!

My team seem incapable of defending in the Champions League. 3 games in and sitting second with 5 points after the following games: Chelsea (A) 4-4; Copenhagen (H) 3-2; Marseille (H) 2-2. Second-best defence in La Liga though. Weird.

Just got in from work and about to fire up my Malaga save and watch some Cowboy Bebop good times until my son and Missus come back home.

Llew - I'm going to keep making my up dates like that, I prefer them that way, Look out for my pre-season update.

Andyp - What season are you in, mate? Anyway, to clinch a draw in an 8-goal thriller in Stamford Bridge isn't too bad :D

I'd just like recommend some signings - these two youngsters, who I like in reality [especially Dries Mertens], would fit into Málaga very well;

14driesmertenspsv.png

12romulovascodegama.png

Dries Mertens - A very good player; he rose to prominence while at FC Utrecht and, due to his impressive performances, PSV, despite receiving a £50 million loan from the Eindhoven City Council, payed upwards of £10 million, almost 'breaking the bank, in the process. Would be a cheaper alternative to say someone like Eden Hazard.

Romulo - Made his international debut for Brazil against Argentina earlier in the season and has been influential to Vasco da Gama's push for Brazilian domestic success; hard in the tackle, good in possession and would be an able replacement for Jérémy Toulalan.

Hope these two potential targets have intrigued you... :thup:

Just thought I would share light on my current game league setup.

• Argentina - top league
  • Brazil - Top league
  • England - BPL down to League 2
  • France - Top league
  • Germany - Top league
  • Italy - Top league
  • Spain - Top league down to Segunda B
  • Scotland - SPL (missed this one out so put it in)

Everyone let me know what your set ups are. Good to share knowledge.

My set up is:

Top league only:

• Argentina
  • Mexico (added after I took the job of managing the national team)
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Russia (added after I got Spartak Moscow as a feeder)
  • Turkey (will be added at the end of the season as I got Trabzonspor as a feeder)

Top & 2nd league

• Brazil
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy

And obviously Spain is added to Segunda B4 because of the B team and 2 other feeders (Cordoba and Jaen)

My set up is:

Top league only:

• Argentina
  • Mexico (added after I took the job of managing the national team)
  • Netherlands
  • Portugal
  • Russia (added after I got Spartak Moscow as a feeder)
  • Turkey (will be added at the end of the season as I got Trabzonspor as a feeder)

Top & 2nd league

• Brazil
  • England
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy

And obviously Spain is added to Segunda B4 because of the B team and 2 other feeders (Cordoba and Jaen)

Is your B team in Segunda B mine is not!

Is your B team in Segunda B mine is not!

I put them in Segunda B4 before I started the game and have since got them promoted to Liga Adelante (2nd division). I didnt want to rely on the game randomly promoting them up from the Tercera

My list will be extensive to many but, I do like a detailed game; (First Division = Premier League; Fourth Division = Npower League 2 etc.)

• Europe;
  • Austria - Tipp3 Bundesliga [First Division]
  • Belgium - Tweede Klasse [second Division]
  • Croatia - 1. NHL [First Division]
  • Czech Republic - Gambirus League [First Division]
  • Denmark - 1. Division [second Division]
  • England - Blue Square N/S
  • Finland - Premier Division [First Division]
  • France - CFA [Fourth Division]
  • Germany - 3. Division [Third Division]
  • Greece - Football League [second Division]
  • Italy - 2 'a' Divisione
  • Holland - Jupiler League [second Division]
  • Norway - 2. Division [second Division]
  • Poland - Ekstraklasa [First Division]
  • Portugal - Liga Orangina [second Division]
  • Russia - Prem'er Liga [First Division]
  • Scotland - First Division
  • Serbia - Jelen SuperLiga [First Division]
  • Slovakia - Crogon Liga [First Division]
  • Slovenia - 1.SNL [First Division]
  • Spain - Segunda B and Lower
  • Sweden - Allsvenskan [First Division]
  • Switzerland - Axpo Super League [First Division]
  • Turkey - Süper Liga [First Division]
  • Ukraine - Premyer-Liha [First Division]
    North and South America;
  • Argentina - Nacional 'B' [second Division]
  • Brazil - Série 'B'
  • Chile - Petrobas Primera [First Division]
  • Colombia - Primera A [First Division]
  • Mexico - Primera Mexicana [First Division]
  • Peru - Copa Movistar [First Division]
  • USA - MLS
  • Uruguay - First División

:o :D

I love Rondon, my favourite striker so far on 2012.

FM legend in the making :thup:

Andyp - What season are you in, mate? Anyway, to clinch a draw in an 8-goal thriller in Stamford Bridge isn't too bad :D

Second season mate. 14 games in now and yet to lose (10 wins, 4 draws) so it's going pretty well. Top of the league as well by 3 points (but mind you, Barca have played a game less).

Those two guys look decent. Mertens looks capable, but I think Kovacic just about edges him for young players in that position. Romulo looks like he's got a good future. May get my scouts to look into him.

My set up (all top leagues)

Argentina

Brazil

England

France

Germany

Holland

Italy

Portugal

Russia

Spain

Ukraine

My list will be extensive to many but, I do like a detailed game; (First Division = Premier League; Fourth Division = Npower League 2 etc.)

• Austria - Tipp3 Bundesliga [First Division]
  • Belgium - Tweede Klasse [second Division]
  • Croatia - 1. NHL [First Division]
  • Czech Republic - Gambirus League [First Division]
  • Denmark - 1. Division [second Division]
  • England - Blue Square N/S
  • Finland - Premier Division [First Division]
  • France - CFA [Fourth Division]
  • Germany - 3. Division [Third Division]
  • Greece - Football League [second Division]
  • Italy - 2 'a' Divisione
  • Holland - Jupiler League [second Division]
  • Norway - 2. Division [second Division]
  • Poland - Ekstraklasa [First Division]
  • Portugal - Liga Orangina [second Division]
  • Russia - Prem'er Liga [First Division]
  • Scotland - First Division
  • Serbia - Jelen SuperLiga [First Division]
  • Slovakia - Crogon Liga [First Division]
  • Slovenia - 1.SNL [First Division]
  • Spain - Segunda B and Lower
  • Sweden - Allsvenskan [First Division]
  • Switzerland - Axpo Super League [First Division]
  • Turkey - Süper Liga [First Division]
  • Ukraine - Premyer-Liha [First Division]
    North and South America;
  • Argentina - Nacional 'B' [second Division]
  • Brazil - Série 'B'
  • Chile - Petrobas Primera [First Division]
  • Colombia - Primera A [First Division]
  • Mexico - Primera Mexicana [First Division]
  • Peru - Copa Movistar [First Division]
  • USA - MLS
  • Uruguay - First División

:o :D

Your Comp must be amazing! why are there no decent skins! going back to the dark one!

Oh by the way gents, sorry this is going off-topic a wee bit but does anyone have any good suggestions for facepaks/graphics/skins etc?

Oh by the way gents, sorry this is going off-topic a wee bit but does anyone have any good suggestions for facepaks/graphics/skins etc?

Metallic Logos all the way! Kits SS 11/12, skins I have tried them all none of them are good.

Breaking news

Barcelona face fellow Spanish outfits Malaga in the Quater Finals of the champions league, the holders have played there opponents 6 times over the past few seasons, and they hold the most win with 5 games won and 1 lost scoring a staggering 18 goals and only conceding 3 goals, however Malaga manager Rab says that they games mean nothing now, this is were his team will be up for the challange of taking the european champions on.

Your Comp must be amazing! why are there no decent skins! going back to the dark one!

Well, it's got two processors and is a laptop :D

Recommended Face Pack -Cut-Out Megapack

Recommended Logo Pack - Kremmen's Metallic Logo Pack

Must admit, both of those graphic packs are fabulous! I love them :)

Well, it's got two processors and is a laptop :D

Recommended Face Pack -Cut-Out Megapack

Recommended Logo Pack - Kremmen's Metallic Logo Pack

Must admit, both of those graphic packs are fabulous! I love them :)

I have got a desktop Quad core Amd 965 3.4ghz and 4gb ram and I doubt I could run the same amount of leagues!

I have no idea what mine is, haha. My techy mate recommended a new processor/graphics card combination. Set me back best part of £300.

Got Barca in the league next! If we beat them we go at least 3 points clear at the top (after 12 games). Real are really struggling. Already dropped 7 points this season and a full 9 points behind!

EDIT: Wow. Barca are good. I mean: really, really, really good. Comprehensively handed me my first loss of the season (3-1). Messi's already got 19 in the league and 26 overall. Completely insane!

Metallic Logos all the way! Kits SS 11/12, skins I have tried them all none of them are good.

Im just waiting for Steklo

This is ridiculous now.

Awful.

Cannot get a new stadium

31018113551-orig.jpg

There's no evidence to suggest the fan-base will expand. Considering leaving..

One last thing before I get my beauty sleep:

u0krm.jpg

GET IN!

Oh, incidentally, Rondon (for Sow) and Baptista (for Tevez) were both second half substitutes. I thank you.

Won 15 of my last 16 La Liga games to get 3rd.

ETFUx.png

XMrAG.png

Amazing season for Rondon, no one else in my squad hit double figures and he he finished top scorer in La Liga with 35 goals even though he missed 11 games with injury.

QamAe.png

Already had 5 players complain about not getting to play enough, none are good enough to get into the starting team so will probably replace with younger players.

Sorry lads, once again I havn't got my Pre-Season update on here; tomorrow night I promise.

Just coming up to my first Liga BBVA match of the season against the old foe Sevilla. Sadly, Gary Medel is injured and won't be available for me and my players to wind up :D

Málaga Club de Fútbol - End of Season Update - 2015/16

All in all, not a great season for the reigning La Liga and European Champions League winners. But first, the one bit of success that was had - the Copa Del Rey:

CopaDelRey16.png

As usual, most of the cup games were played using squad players and promising youngsters, so the end result was quite good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The league didnt turn out as well as I would have hoped.

League16.png

I lead the league for much of the early season, but in what seems to be a developing pattern, I began to lose form during February and March and let Barca back into the race and being overtaken in the last 5 or so games.

I made the final of the Champions League for the 3rd time in succession after scraping through against Man Utd (on penalties) and Leverkusen (on away goals). I didnt manage to repeat last year's results and go back-to-back, losing to Tottenham thanks to a superb Gareth Bale strike early in the game.

UCL16.png

One big positive to come out of this season was the play of Carlos Fierro, particularly in the 2nd half of the season. He won the La Liga Young POTY award, scoring, 14 goals in 18 league games and 21 goals in 38 games overall

Angel Di Maria and the play of my 4 CBs (Giuseppe Prestia, Alvaro Dominguez, Alberto Botia and Frederik Sorensen) was also a highlight of the season.

2016EOSSquad.png

As for player movement, Julio Baptista is retiring and I will be looking to sell Salomon Rondon, Kara and Shinji Kagawa to make room for some youth players coming through

Here's hoping to a more successful 2016/17!

Wow this season is nearly finished and what a last game of the season we have instore..

Real Madrid v Malaga

Barcelona v A.Madrid

im level on points with Barca because Rayo drew 1-1 with them. I am 2 points infront of Real Madrid with 1 game to go :|

Infact Madrid lose so its me or Barca for the league.

Good luck Rab! I had a similar thing happen 2 seasons ago except I needed Real Madrid to beat Barca on the last day to ensure that I won the league (and they did).

Lol, I was just offered the Spain U23's job to manage in the Olympics when I'm already the manager of the Mexican senior and U23 squads. Come back to me when you are offering the job of coaching the senior Spanish team :lol:

Starting my 5th season now, won La Liga for the first time last year - so far have won the Euro Cup, Spanish Cup and Spanish Super Cup. Going for a League and Champions League double this year. My line up:

GK - Ron-Robert Zieler, Ross Turnbull

RB - Martin Montoya, Gamez

CB - Alvaro Dominguez, Alberto Botia, Gary Cahill, Jordi Amat

LB - Michal Kadlec, Monreal

CM - Javi Martinez, David Alaba, Thiago, Charlie Adam, Camacho

AM - Juan Mata, Cazorla, Oscar, Jose Callejon

ST - Karim Benzema, Iker Muniain, Rondon

Congrats Rab. How many league wins is that now?

My 1st league win :), we all had a poor start to the season so its good to end it on a high, A.Madrid and Arsenal have now been linked with me.

Málaga Club de Fútbol - 2015/16 - Pre-Season update

So here we go pre-season update time :thup:.

This season is more about youth and turning my youngsters into world beaters, I have a few transfer targets in my sights that I will be making moves to sign in the very near future. The only over 30 player left in my team is Mr. Carzola who I think I will be keeping at the club till he decides to retire and bring him as a staff member ( I show loyalty to those that have been loyal to the club!) I am now going to concentrate a bit more on my under 19 team, I have targets that I want to place in that team till they are ready to step up to the plate. I have also taken over the reign as the Chile national manager which may as a nice sub thing for me to do, I am not sure how long I will stay as there manager, I guess it just depends on how my Malaga team do.

Champions League - I would love to have this trophy back we was awful last term.

Copa Del Rey - Another cup I want back, feel we can this with ease if we play aswell as we can.

League - This will be very interesting we have dominated last 2 seasons.

My contract Is running very short as 2017 is not that far away and If the chairman does not grant us a new stadium, I think that may be the nail in the coffin :(. I am now listed as a Icon at the club so come on chairman give me the new stadium!!!!

Thanks for reading.