FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just realised how bad the 'keeper situation actually is at the club;

Picture the seen: I'm in the middle of the International break and various players, who have been left out of their respective nations' squad, are still at the club training. Wilfredo Caballero twists his knee while jumping for a lofted ball and is subsequently out for 2 weeks. I now have to rely on the unproven talent of Rúben, the ex-Barcelona and Spanish U23 'keeper. I decide to play him in the Granada fixture, which was our second Liga BBVA match of the season, over anybody else as he is the only recognised reserve 'keeper.

He was terrible! :mad: Positioned himself all over his box, charged off his line on many an occasion in an attempt to defuse the danger of a lofted ball and regularly miss-timed his punch or catch completely. I know highly recommend that you move Rúben on and sign either a new back-up to Caballero, who's looked quite good so far, or completely bypass Caballero and bring in someone like a Carlos Kameni of Espanyol; it is badly needed.

Monthly Update coming up later :thup:

After two seasons with PSG and one season with Juventus i got offered the Malaga job after Pellegrini left for Bilbao , a lot of average signings where made before i came managed to sign a good young centre half from Helsingborgs , currently 4th played 27 Won 17 Drew 1 Lost 9 , have few names on my shortlist for next season need good goalkeeper and a centre forward

Looking to get Champions League Football this season battling with Atletico Madrid and Sevilla and Villarreal for the 3rd and 4th position

After 2 pre-season friendlies, Baptista has been crap at best, playing him as an AM with Attacking Midfielder - Attack, should I change his role?

I play him as advanced playmaker - Attack.

Preseason 2015/16 Update

As mentioned earlier, I was offered and accepted the Mexico job after they only made the Quarter Finals of the Copa America. I played my first game (against Holland) and won 2-0, blooding 4 new players in the process (including my own, Carlos Fierro).

I won the Supercopa against Real Sociedad 3-1 on aggregate

I lost the European Super Cup to Liverpool 2-1 after having both my CBs sent off

-------------------------------------------------------------

My Champions League group:

- Malaga

- Porto

- Shaktar

- Sampdoria

-------------------------------------------------------------

Transfers:

I had offers accepted for Felliani (£19.75m) and Griezmann (£19m), but they chose Real Madrid and Arsenal (and the higher wages they were willing to pay) respectively. Barca also offered nearly £30m for Dominguez, which I turned down. They then offered a similar amount for Alberto Botia, which I also turned down. Dominguez is a first choice CB and Botia is the 3rd CB for for Spain, so I wasnt going to sell them for less than £40m

In:

Nobody.

Out:

- Ever Banega to Zenit £20m (flat fee)

- Carlos Kameni to Aston Villa £6.5

- Isco to Espanyol £3m

- Recio to Espanyol £3.9m

- Jesus Gamez free (signed with Valladolid)

- Felipe Anderson to Gijon £6.5m

- Adryan to Everton £1.8m

- Sergey Markhiev to Catania £1.2m (regen AML signed for free)

- Jose Martin Garrido to Girona £675k (regen)

Total: £43.5m

Banega was sold for 3 reasons:

1) His contract runs out in 12 months

2) He was overtaken in the MC pecking order by Andrea Bertolacci

3) This guy, who was sitting in my U19s last season, needed some playing time:

Marini.png

He actually just received his first international cap too

How much did you sign Dominguez for? That regen looks brilliant!

£8.75m in the first season, but I've found it to be variable as to whether At Madrid will let him go.

Before I start a proper save, I usually muck around with a test save to see who you can buy and for how much, and in that save, they wouldn't sell for less than £19.5m

Still struggling to get a new striker in, so going to go with my current crop of Wilfried, Rondon and Sanogo

Try Son Heung - Min from Hamburg mate , Pelligrini paid 4.2m for him he is now worth 12.5m doing well for me 22 games 12 goals Avr Rating 7.17

Hey Gents.

Well first of all i scraped through my champions league group, i was bottom of the league for about 15minutes as Donestk was beating Bayern, then i scored a goal to make it 2-1 against Lille and i hold on to make it through, now i have a little club called Chelsea to play funny enough there manager is now the manager of Sunderland, and Tony Pulis is Chelsea manager,

On the transfer front i have decided to sign Minuian(SP?) also i was offered Kaka so i bid and he is signing for me in a few days, Kranjcar and Formica are leaving to help clear some space.

On the league front i am doing very well, i have managed to keep up with Barca/Real Madrid untill at least Jan anyways 2 points infront of Barca and 3 behind Madrid altho i have played 1 more than Barca and 1 less than Madrid. Altho in the due course i have Barca and Madrid at home in a row so this could determine if i am gonna go and challange the league.

Makes Xabi Alonso's 2 look like tap ins.

Noticed I play Barcelona twice in La Liga in the space of 4 days...

Seems to happen a lot that, I got them twice in a row in the first season and it was due to happen in the second season but the cup games meant they were rearranged.

Should I buy Rafael for £30 million, I do not need to strengthen anywhere else in the team and need a top rightback but think the price is way too steep, all the other rightbacks I can think of have moved clubs already well at least all the forum favourites which I do not like signing. Any other recommendations?

Should I buy Rafael for £30 million, I do not need to strengthen anywhere else in the team and need a top rightback but think the price is way too steep, all the other rightbacks I can think of have moved clubs already well at least all the forum favourites which I do not like signing. Any other recommendations?

That's al ot of money to pay for him but if there are not any other realistic options then you may have to pay that for him.

That's al ot of money to pay for him but if there are not any other realistic options then you may have to pay that for him.

Just checking out a newgen who will cost the same but is only 19, good defensively but poor attacking wise.

Azpilicueta is not available for less than £25 million so I might as well spend a little more on a player I have never had, Azpilicueta was very injury prone last time I signed him. Will check out Corchia though thanks for the suggestion. How is your game going?

EDIT - Corchia no good he is worth £16 million and at Spurs listed as indispensable. He would cost a whole lot more than £30 million.

To give you an idea of the asking price for Corchia, he went to Chelsea for £20.5m in Jan 2014 in my save

As for my game, I've just had the third player chose another club over me this season :mad: Marvin Martin was unsettled and I had an offer of just £12.25m accepted for him but he chose Inter over me

I have Malaga sitting top of the league by 3 points with a game in hand and atop my CL table as of the start of December. CWC coming up soon

My career with Mexico has started reasonably well too, with wins over Holland, UAE and Russia and a draw against South Africa so far

:( Woke up this morning looking forward to a FM day watching the Football; a few things came up which I had to do so now I've only got onto FM and, I do my usual method of pressing 'Load Last Save', and a Error Box pops up saying that my saved file has corrupt! :( I don't know how as nothing went wrong last night with the game but, I just tried it to find that depressing message. It's really annoying; luckily, I wasn't too far into my save but, I've now lost my tactic, which was performing quite well and brought a good brand of football to La Rosaleda.

I want to start a new save as soon as possible but, should I 'allow first transfer window budgets'?

EDIT: Bugger it; started a new save with transfer budgets in the first transfer window. Will have a Pre-Season update, similar to my one yesterday, up later :thup:

*Fingers Crossed* that this one will be kind to me!

:( Woke up this morning looking forward to a FM day watching the Football; a few things came up which I had to do so now I've only got onto FM and, I do my usual method of pressing 'Load Last Save', and a Error Box pops up saying that my saved file has corrupt! :( I don't know how as nothing went wrong last night with the game but, I just tried it to find that depressing message. It's really annoying; luckily, I wasn't too far into my save but, I've now lost my tactic, which was performing quite well and brought a good brand of football to La Rosaleda.

I want to start a new save as soon as possible but, should I 'allow first transfer window budgets'?

That is very unfortunate, I think you should allow first transfer window budgets.

Gutted mate. Nothing more annoying than when FM saves become corrupt. I'm really weary of it, so have started to have multiple saves and save regularly.

Season 2 has now started for me. Champs League group stages have been drawn and a decent draw: Chelsea, Marseilles and Copenhagen. I think second is a realistic ambition in that group.

Finished my transfer business too, and I did it - I signed Tevez. £5m up front and £20m over 48 months. Add to this his outrageous contract (£130k p/w, 20% yearly increase, £1.1m team of the year bonus) and financially it's a pretty big gamble but hopefully his performances will help justify it.

ixw3h4.jpg

Just played first game of the season, 4-0 home win over Almeria. Murdered them. My attacking 4 of Cazorla, Tevez and Afellay supporting Rondon were devastating; resulting 64% possession, 26 attempts on goal and a hat trick for Rondon. Here's hoping we can push on and keep it up!

That is very unfortunate, I think you should allow first transfer window budgets.
I agree, allow them so you can bring in a couple of players.

Okay, you've persuaded me. I don't want to make too much signings, therefore I will limit myself to 5 :thup: Might also offload a few players. Let's see how things go.

Okay, you've persuaded me. I don't want to make too much signings, therefore I will limit myself to 5 :thup: Might also offload a few players. Let's see how things go.

I think the only area's that really need filling are GK, CB maybe A CM and a Striker.

I think the only area's that really need filling are GK, CB maybe A CM and a Striker.

I'm definitely going to look for a new 'Keeper; either as back-up for Caballero, who has impressed me, or as a starter. I have a few names in mind.

Centre-Half is also another 'must buy' position too, in my opinion. Álvaro Domínguez is looking likely to come in. As for the other positions, I'll just see how things pan out :thup:

I'm definitely going to look for a new 'Keeper; either as back-up for Caballero, who has impressed me, or as a starter. I have a few names in mind.

Centre-Half is also another 'must buy' position too, in my opinion. Álvaro Domínguez is looking likely to come in. As for the other positions, I'll just see how things pan out :thup:

He has been awesome for me. Caballero I found was inconsistent he played great for 5 games then poor for 5 and so on.

Cheers for the feedback, lads; I'll take everything into account :thup:

I've compiled a few names that could become my First-Team 'keeper If I do sign him;

Vicente Guaita - Valencia - Good 'keeper; almost single-handedly kept out Barça earlier in the season. Shouldn't cost too much - probably around £8 million - but, he would be worth our exertions to sign him.

Carlos Kameni - Espanyol - Recommended him in my OP and most of you have signed him; and to good effect too. Great shot-stopper who would be my 'keeper for atleast 7 years.

Gorka Iraizoz - Athletic Bilbao - Shown signs of decline in recent season but, he's still a very good 'keeper. Would do a good job for 2-3 years.

Also, this young man, who's been impressive in reality for SL Benfica, has also been drawn to my attention;

20nicolasgatanslb.png

I remember when I signed Gaítan from Boca Juniors on FM10; I was Birmingham and just qualified for Europa League football. He was fantastic.

Archived