FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you had everything connected lol.

How is your save going?

Pretty much, Yes :D

In all honesty, my pre-season performances havn't been great but, to be fair, I've been ravaged by injuries and I have consistently changed my tactic after every game. The team just needs to calm down and play a bit more. Santi Cazorla, Júlio Baptista and Jesús Gámez have all impressed me so far :thup:

Pretty much, Yes :D

In all honesty, my pre-season performances havn't been great but, to be fair, I've been ravaged by injuries and I have consistently changed my tactic after every game. The team just needs to calm down and play a bit more. Santi Cazorla, Júlio Baptista and Jesús Gámez have all impressed me so far :thup:

Good Good, Pre-season games are always tuff to be fair, just getting the right formula and then sticking with it, but that does not always work. Santi Carzola has been up and down for me some great games some very poor games and nothing in the middle

Just participated in the pre-game press conference for our first Liga BBVA fixture of the season - Sevilla at the Vicente Pizjúan.

That will be a tough game against on of the most hated sides in La Liga; Sevilla. Might deploy a 4-5-1 formation in an attempt to crowd out their, what is essentially, a 2-man midfield. I'm going to try and 'rough up' who is a notoriously vicious customer.

Just thought I would let you guys know my future plans for my Malaga Squad

1. Remove all players over 30 & replace with young Spanish Players.

2. Reduce the wage bill to a acceptable level (so I can Hopefully make a Profit every Month).

3. Make sure my squad Has a sufficient amount of players to fill each position which will help in squad rotation.

4. Have A 5 year project where I turn Malaga into a Profit making club that can dominate all competitions.

Let me know what you think guys, also let me know of other things I could maybe add to my list :thup:

That's brilliant! I'm doing/trying number 2. But losing like 2M each month due to pathetic wage bills :(

Just firing up my save :D

Is anyone struggling to sell players on big wage? like I'm struggling to sell Joaquin, Fernández and Sergio Sanchez due to their wages.

I'm also looking at bringing in 2 defenders to shore up the defence as Demichelis and Mathijsen are playing poor and quite slow and old. Blackburn wants 23M for Samba. Any suggestion to bring in good defender with good jumping, heading and tackling? Kept bidding for Dede and kept getting rejected.

Just participated in the pre-game press conference for our first Liga BBVA fixture of the season - Sevilla at the Vicente Pizjúan.

That will be a tough game against on of the most hated sides in La Liga; Sevilla. Might deploy a 4-5-1 formation in an attempt to crowd out their, what is essentially, a 2-man midfield. I'm going to try and 'rough up' who is a notoriously vicious customer.

Good luck, 4-5-1 should prove to be very solid.

That's brilliant! I'm doing number 2. But losing like 2M each month due to pathetic wage bills :(

Just firing up my save :D

Unless we get a new ground it may be Impossible to make a profit unless we have a low wage shabby squad

So.. I calmed down a little after last night so I am going to attempt to get this save going again, if I get another crash this game is being deleted from my PC! xD

As I didn't get an answer before, how do you all rate Vicente Guaita(Valencia) as a 'keeper? I might try & bring him in.

Málaga CF - Pre-Season Update;

Well, this is my first update of my Málaga save and I hope it will be one that you fellow Málaga FM'ers will enjoy reading. I'll just provide a quick update on what happened throughout my pre-season.

Formations and preferred Line-Ups;

homeandawayformations.png

I've decided to play with two tacics; Home and Away. At home I will play a 4-2-3-1 formation with two CM's trying to control the midfield by spraying passes about the park from deep; they should also provide a respectable 'shield', if you like, between our defensive line and the more advanced players ahead of them. I fully expect them to perform their defensive duties too, even if their defensive attributes don't justify much praise. Cazorla will be the vocal point of my attack though. His ability to control and dictate a game will be a great asset to a side like Málaga in the tougher games. He'll look to cut-inside onto his right foot, pick a pass and prise open a goalscoring opportunity for a player further forward. As for my away tactic, I'll look to be a bit more reserved when going forward. Toulalan will be the holding midfielder to provide that barrier in front of the back four; the two CM's ahead of Toulalan, primarily Apoño and Maresca/Camacho will also provide some resistance to opposition attacks. I will look to slow the tempo down too, but keep possession while we're at it. "If they don't have the ball, they won't score."

Pre-Season fixtures and results;

preseasonresults.png

In all honesty, I'm happy with the final results. We exerted ourselves well which can only provide good match fitness in the latter stages of the campaign, especially for the run-in which could make or break our season; remember, I have aimed for UEFA Champions League qualification therefore, a good end to the season may be vital. we gave a good account of ourselves in Turin against the mighty Juve. We did lose easrly goals but, we displayed good character to make the final scoreline far easier on the eye. My general opinion was good; can only put us in good stead for the rest of the season.

Transfers [in's and Out's];

No transfers took place due to me choosing not to. I disabled 'allow first transfer window budgets' to add that extra level of realism to my save. Expect some major changes to strengthen my squad in January!

A few final words...

Style of Play - I want to employ a standard of football which will be recognised as one of the highest quality. In all honesty, I want to play like Barça. I know the market for this style of play is quite saturated, especially with teams that don't have the quality to play a 4-2-3-1, free-flowing game but, I believe with the resources available to me and, if I don't say so myself, the 'tactical knowledge' Málaga could equal Barça's style of play and efficiency.

Any particular Transfer Target for January? - Yes, definitely. Due to my commitment to a expressive, exciting attacking style of play, I will look to strengthen in advanced positions and defensive. Due to me being a massive fan of BVB and the player himself, Mario Götze will always interest me and I would love to bring him in, whether I can, that's yet to be seen. I'd also like to sign Atlético Madrid's Álvaro Domínguez to add extra depth to my back line.

Málaga's September Liga BBVA fixture list;

10/9/2011 - Granada [H]

18/9/2011 - Mallorca [A]

22/9/2011 - Athletic Bilbao [H]

25/9/2011 - Real Zaragoza [A]

Well, that concludes my Pre-Season update. I hope it was a good read and you enjoyed it. I also hope that this thread will initiate a wealth of interest for other FM'ers to give Málaga a go. Vamos!

VAMOS MÁLAGA!

Málaga CF - Pre-Season Update;

Well, this is my first update of my Málaga save and I hope it will be one that you fellow Málaga FM'ers will enjoy reading. I'll just provide a quick update on what happened throughout my pre-season.

Formations and preferred Line-Ups;

homeandawayformations.png

I've decided to play with two tacics; Home and Away. At home I will play a 4-2-3-1 formation with two CM's trying to control the midfield by spraying passes about the park from deep; they should also provide a respectable 'shield', if you like, between our defensive line and the more advanced players ahead of them. I fully expect them to perform their defensive duties too, even if their defensive attributes don't justify much praise. Cazorla will be the vocal point of my attack though. His ability to control and dictate a game will be a great asset to a side like Málaga in the tougher games. He'll look to cut-inside onto his right foot, pick a pass and prise open a goalscoring opportunity for a player further forward. As for my away tactic, I'll look to be a bit more reserved when going forward. Toulalan will be the holding midfielder to provide that barrier in front of the back four; the two CM's ahead of Toulalan, primarily Apoño and Maresca/Camacho will also provide some resistance to opposition attacks. I will look to slow the tempo down too, but keep possession while we're at it. "If they don't have the ball, they won't score."

Pre-Season fixtures and results;

preseasonresults.png

In all honesty, I'm happy with the final results. We exerted ourselves well which can only provide good match fitness in the latter stages of the campaign, especially for the run-in which could make or break our season; remember, I have aimed for UEFA Champions League qualification therefore, a good end to the season may be vital. we gave a good account of ourselves in Turin against the mighty Juve. We did lose easrly goals but, we displayed good character to make the final scoreline far easier on the eye. My general opinion was good; can only put us in good stead for the rest of the season.

Transfers [in's and Out's];

No transfers took place due to me choosing not to. I disabled 'allow first transfer window budgets' to add that extra level of realism to my save. Expect some major changes to strengthen my squad in January!

A few final words...

Style of Play - I want to employ a standard of football which will be recognised as one of the highest quality. In all honesty, I want to play like Barça. I know the market for this style of play is quite saturated, especially with teams that don't have the quality to play a 4-2-3-1, free-flowing game but, I believe with the resources available to me and, if I don't say so myself, the 'tactical knowledge' Málaga could equal Barça's style of play and efficiency.

Any particular Transfer Target for January? - Yes, definitely. Due to my commitment to a expressive, exciting attacking style of play, I will look to strengthen in advanced positions and defensive. Due to me being a massive fan of BVB and the player himself, Mario Götze will always interest me and I would love to bring him in, whether I can, that's yet to be seen. I'd also like to sign Atlético Madrid's Álvaro Domínguez to add extra depth to my back line.

Málaga's September Liga BBVA fixture list;

10/9/2011 - Granada [H]

18/9/2011 - Mallorca [A]

22/9/2011 - Athletic Bilbao [H]

25/9/2011 - Real Zaragoza [A]

Well, that concludes my Pre-Season update. I hope it was a good read and you enjoyed it. I also hope that this thread will initiate a wealth of interest for other FM'ers to give Málaga a go. Vamos!

VAMOS MÁLAGA!

:eek: that's a Amazing update!

So.. I calmed down a little after last night so I am going to attempt to get this save going again, if I get another crash this game is being deleted from my PC! xD

As I didn't get an answer before, how do you all rate Vicente Guaita(Valencia) as a 'keeper? I might try & bring him in.

Good Luck with the revival of your save, Malikoi! As for Vicente Guaíta, he would be a very good 'keeper. Under-rated somewhat in Spain, mainly due to the likes of Casillas, Valdes and Kameni stealing the limelight. £8 million would be a good price too :thup: Go for him.

:eek: that's a Amazing update!
Brilliant update Llew :D

Cheers lads :)

Llew- What font did you use for the first line? (your update above)

Ok, cheers Llew. :)

I had an offer accepted for José Ángel but he didn't want to know! Maybe i'll try again in January if I get that far. :thup: Also trying to bring in Azpilicueta as he played brilliantly against Arsenal in the first Arsenal-OM game this season. Alvaro Dominguez from Atletico Madrid should be coming over aswell. If I have enough money left after these transfers I will try and get Javi Martinez.

Do you think this thread would take off even more if we all did updates in a similar way to yours? aswell as doing the small important updates aswell?

Well, it would but, it's entirely up to you what you want to do. Ever since I've been involved in these forums, I've always compiled Monthly Updates for most of my saves and it's become sort of a tradition, if you like. Alternatively, you could just do what AcidBurn does; just post up a few screenshots and comment on them with important milestones in the season etc. :thup:

Llew- What font did you use for the first line? (your update above)

I presume you mean the 'intro line' below the title? Well, that was the standard font in Italic :D

I thought my injury 'crisis' was bad but, in comparison to AcidBurn's, it's not even worth mentioning! I just hope that all these injuries don't deter you from your Málaga save :thup:

Anyway, the 'Metallic Logo's Pack' has finally downloaded after a 16 hour download [:o] so I can now get into some proper FM game time; Vamos Málaga!

A few injuries is not enough to put me off the save it is annoying when the biggest signing in the history of Malaga gets injured for 9 months but I just have to deal with this sort of thing.

A few injuries is not enough to put me off the save it is annoying when the biggest signing in the history of Malaga gets injured for 9 months but I just have to deal with this sort of thing.

Glad to hear it :D If anything, having a abundance of injuries is far more challenging. Although, as you said, losing your record signing for 9 months must be slightly annoying!

Malaga January update

So I have decided to do 3 types of updates Pre-Season, January update/Mid season and End of season. I will still continue to do small mini updates throughout the season

:).

So let me show you what happened in the Club world championship!

So first up was The semi-final easy win!

EsteghlalvMlagaInformation_Overview.png

so the main event was obviously the final which was against Santos who have Mr. Neymar and Mr. Ganso

SantosvMlagaSplitView.png

I was not happy that we had to wait until penalties to win this with the squad I have we should have won this a long time before it even went to extra time, I let them know i was unhappy.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So now we have got that out of the way here is the league table

LigaBBVAOverview_Stages-4.png

sitting in third is something I am not best pleased with but performances were picking up till a defeat by Betis which made me throw my bottle of water across the room.

Also a little transfer news A number of players are on their way out

• Gary Hooper
  • Leighten Baines
  • Quaresma
  • Fernando Gago

Scott Dann may also be on the bus out and some of my key stars may be shifted out to make room for the young kids I want to bring in.

laligawin.jpg

Third season has passed and we have won the league reasonably easy scoring bundles of goals as you can see. I am not the type of manager to sit back and am willing to sacrifice defensive solidarity if it means I can score more goals. We improved the defence by 5 goals over the season but also surprisingly lost 4-1 against Athletic towards the end of the season and once we had won the league lost 3-1 against Sevilla take those two defeats out of it and the defence was pretty good.

lastats.jpg

Some awesome performances from every area of the pitch but the front two scoring 97 goals between them was the highlight of the season. I wish Javi Martinez had lasted the whole season as he was on fire for the first 22 games. Jesus Navas was also playing really well until he got injured, Santi Carzola would have played more but was out of form at the start of the season.

Cup Competitions

Super Cup is worth noting as we spanked Real Madrid 7-0 over both legs with Llorente scoring a hat trick in Madrid and two more at home with Carzola adding two more to complete the beating.

laspain.jpg

Poor showing in the domestic cup as regular starters were rested still no excuse for the loss at home. Espanyol seemed to have the beating of us with this win and also beating us in the league as well. I usually do well in the cup competitions in England but seem to fail in Spain.

lacl.jpg

Breezed through the group stage although it was an easy draw to be fair, only Porto caused us any trouble as they went two nil up but we fought back to win. Our home form was our main strength as Lyon and Dortmund put up little to no fight when facing us in Spain. Man City also fell at home but in Manchester it was a different story as they pretty much dominated the game and old by Felliani came back to haunt us with two goals. To add insult to injury Aguero was out for this match and David Silva got injured for 9 months. This makes me determined to win this competition as soon as possible.

Potential Targets

I will be looking for one big signing and am also thinking of Nigel De Jong as he is available for under £5 million. We have Xavi and David Villa coming in for nothing and will need at least a right back maybe a left back as well. I think that if I can sign a marquee striker then Tevez will be moving out. Also looking for some decent youth if the scouts can find some that is.

Is it just me that players are holding to ransom over weekly wages? They want their wages trebled or even quadrupled.. Greedy buggers. :thdn:

Also, it looks good Blue_magic Nicely done in the Club World championship. :)

Try locking the wages and offering Mr Scumbag Agent a bit more cash to sell the deal.

Sold Rondon to AC Milan for 8.5M with no next transfer % as Milan kept removing it every time I negotiated the deal. I thought it wouldn't be fair not to play him so I thought sell him for good deal so he can play else where.

Sold Rondon to AC Milan for 8.5M with no next transfer % as Milan kept removing it every time I negotiated the deal. I thought it wouldn't be fair not to play him so I thought sell him for good deal so he can play else where.

It's worth getting rid of him there are players that are a lot better and can do a better job

No marquee signing this season I have £36 million to spend and am 200k under wage budget. Barcelona keep sniffing around Alvaro Dominguez and have bid as high as £28 million but I would not sell him for less than £50 million as he is a key player for me. Going to use my money to strengthen the staff and find some youth.

Also worth noting the board expectations are to win the league.

Cheers bud. :thup: First thing I did was get in beter coaches, all 4-5 star rating. Hopefully he will fullfil his potential. :)

Keep me updated on how he progresses, I couldn't find any decent defensive coaches when I started. It's taken me until the end of the third season to use something other than the default training schedules lol.

argie.jpg

Never really liked International management but if I can worm my way in with Messi who knows maybe I can sign him in the future lol.

I've gone for Alvaro Dominguez as well :D 6M plus Nacho Monreal. Planning to bring him in and couple defender, full backs (both side) for next season.

Going for Miguel Lopes from Porto for right back.

I quite like Monreal he is still a decent back up for my team in the 4th season. I am looking to spend £30 million on a new right back but the only one I can find at the moment is Rafael who has pace to burn but £30 million for him is a big fee.

Keep me updated on how he progresses, I couldn't find any decent defensive coaches when I started. It's taken me until the end of the third season to use something other than the default training schedules lol.

argie.jpg

Never really liked International management but if I can worm my way in with Messi who knows maybe I can sign him in the future lol.

Good luck with Argentina acid, I have not been offered a international job for a while.

Porto have just put in a bid for Rondon, £2.1 million initial fee, £12.5 million over 30 months and £1.8 million after 10 goals.. To good to turn down?

I would accept it :thup: Anyone know a good left back?

I turned down the deal, and Rondon got majorly p****d off and wants to leave now.

I never flat out reject I just ask for a stupid amount of money. Baptista was great for me up front scored a goal a game when deployed as a striker.

Archived