FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 goals from Barca wow.

How old is yours? Mine is 3 and he is so advanced for his age, he told me his fave cartoon is Thundercats and the other day he said he wanted to play football manager lol

17 months he loves his grandad more than he loves daddy :(:lol:

Maybe do a goal of the week? seems active enough?

I'd probably never win :( Most of my chances seem to be one of my wingers dribbling down a wing and then cutting it back for a tap in. Its great to watch, but ain't going to win any awards

I need 10 points from 5 games to guarantee that I win the league!

I've got Valencia (4th), Granada (9th), @Real Madrid (3rd), @Getafe (16th) and Athletic Bilbao (6th) left so it won't be easy but having 3 of those 5 at home will help

I've done it! :D

Leaguewin14.png

And with 2 games to spare too! I'll post the final table after the season is finished.

After a difficult couple of winter months where I needed to call a team meeting to lift morale, I've had a great run and haven't lost in over 2 months (my last loss was a 1-3 loss at Sporting Gijon on 2.3.2014)

Fixtures.png

I've got the Copa del Rey final next and the Champions League final against Real Madrid to come. Here's hoping I can replicate my last result against Real Madrid and win the Treble!

Maybe do a goal of the week? seems active enough?

A 'Goal of the Week' competition would be quite good although, I'm not sure whether it would carry on for much more than a fortnight or so :D As long as this thread stays active, it would be a good idea.

23drd23 - Well Done on winning the Liga BBVA title. Fantastic mate. The objective of leapfrogging the forces of evil that are Barcelona and Real Madrid is now in full swing.

:applause:

Still in Pre-season before season 2, being tough trying to get a new GK, looks like i might have to resort to Fabianski. Slightly better stats so should be ok. Every player i look at the clubs are asking huge amounts, is it just me who isnt willing to pay huge amounts for good players :p Maybe too used to being on an Aberdeen save with no money :p Got a good young spanish left back from Zurich for a good price.

Still in Pre-season before season 2, being tough trying to get a new GK, looks like i might have to resort to Fabianski. Slightly better stats so should be ok. Every player i look at the clubs are asking huge amounts, is it just me who isnt willing to pay huge amounts for good players :p Maybe too used to being on an Aberdeen save with no money :p Got a good young spanish left back from Zurich for a good price.

Can you sign Kameni or do they want too much for him?

I usually offer the players value and keep upping my bid bit by bit. I usually find if I bid £10 million they want £30 million that if I up my bid by £5 million they will drop their price by the same amount. I rarely use scout to determine how much to bid and I use my own judgement on none youth players based on their attributes to determine how good I think they are.

I got ter Stegen for £9.75m before the start of the 3rd season because he wanted to move to a bigger club (Gladbach had been relagated). Was great for a 21yo for me last season - his stats in all appearances:

49 games, 37 conceded, 24 clean sheets, 2 MoM. Average Rating 7.07

As promised, the final league table:

League14.png

I also won the Copa Del Rey to complete the domestic double:

CopaDelRey14.png

Sadly, I got thrashed in the CL final. They scored an early goal from a long throw in and then Alberto Botia got sent off in the 10th minute for elbowing Higuain and it was downhill from there. The ref went a little yellow card crazy too.

CL14.png

Here's my squad (with the exception of Demichellis and Mathijsen who have left on a free and retired respectively):

squad.png

I'm still playing the same 4-2-3-1. My 1st choice team if there were no injuries by the end of the season would be:

GK ter Stegen / Kameni

DL Digne / Monreal

DC Dominguez / Demichellis

DC Botia / Kara / Mathijsen

DR Montoya / Gamez

MC (DLP) Banega / Toulalon

MC (CM) Ramsey / Bertolacci

AML (AP) Mata /

AMC (AM) Kagawa / Baptista

AMR (AP) Di Maria / Cazorla

ST (AF) Tevez / Rondon / Juanmi / Fierro

I have decided to transfer list these players:

Fernando Gago

Diego Lopes

Sergio Sanchez

Natxo Monreal

Ignacio Camacho

These are so far my choosen few that are on the way out of this beautiful club, Coloccini and demichelis Could also see the door, It is time for the young guns to come in.

How do you use your B team? do you use it to send players or what?

I sign guys just to send to them so that I can keep them up in the 2nd division (I added them to Segunda B4 before the game started and then got the promoted). I've sent a couple of young guys there if they wont get outside loans offers or get games at a feeder club

The season has finally started, and I have finished my moulding..

Because I can't stand having money jangling around in my pockets, I bought another couple of players in: Bassong was transfer listed and after FM11 I do indeed love him dearly; and my scouts recommended Emmanuel Badu from Udinese. Looks potentially decent.

And I think I have settled on a nice set of tactics: I'm going to employ an attacking 4-3-3 when I'm at home and a very counter-attacking 4-5-1 when away.

m74yes.jpg15otk0k.jpg

First game played, used my 4-5-1 against Sevilla and notched up a decent 2-1 win (goals from Rondon and a penalty from Baptista). Chances were pretty even, but Sevilla players completely lost their heads after Rondon's 4th-minute opener - getting 8 yellows and 1 red in the end. Fiery.

I sign guys just to send to them so that I can keep them up in the 2nd division (I added them to Segunda B4 before the game started and then got the promoted). I've sent a couple of young guys there if they wont get outside loans offers or get games at a feeder club

How do you reckon there stats would increase by playing in the B team?

Archived