FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a little update on my signings to begin season 3 (the star rating for me is a little screwy now - Tevez is just a 4* ST):

In:

Shinji Kagawa - Free

Aaron Ramsey - 7.25m

Marc-Andre ter Stegen - £9.75m

Lorenzo Crisetig - Free

A bunch of youth players on frees

Total: £17.5m

Out:

Mitja Lotric to Barca - £2.4m

Buonanotte to Velez - £3m

Camacho to Milan - £350k loan fee, £3.5m agreed price

Jose Campana to Chievo - £2m

Felipe Anderson to Milan - £475k loan fee

Total: £9.25m

That leaves me with this 1st team squad:

2013squad.png

(Isco, Juanmi and Lorenzo Crisetig are further down)

That means that 7 of my starting 11 were acquired either because they were unsettled or on a free transfer :D

Just a little update on my signings to begin season 3 (the star rating for me is a little screwy now - Tevez is just a 4* ST):

In:

Shinji Kagawa - Free

Aaron Ramsey - 7.25m

Marc-Andre ter Stegen - £9.75m

Lorenzo Crisetig - Free

A bunch of youth players on frees

Total: £17.5m

Out:

Mitja Lotric to Barca - £2.4m

Buonanotte to Velez - £3m

Camacho to Milan - £350k loan fee, £3.5m agreed price

Jose Campana to Chievo - £2m

Felipe Anderson to Milan - £475k loan fee

Total: £9.25m

That leaves me with this 1st team squad:

2013squad.png

(Isco, Juanmi and Lorenzo Crisetig are further down)

That means that 7 of my starting 11 were acquired either because they were unsettled or on a free transfer :D

Nice price for Ramsey had him at Sunderland and he is very very good.

Nice price for Ramsey had him at Sunderland and he is very very good.

He was unsettled at Arsenal because he wasnt playing. For some reason he only played 6 games in 2012-13 (3 of those as subs). I couldn't pass up that sort of opportunity to sign a world class CM for a pretty reasonable fee.

Also had the chance to sign Fernando Gago and Berbatov on frees but decided against it as I've got enough youngsters coming through at those positions

championsleaguex.jpg

Wish we had an easier group.

I feel for you AcidBurn. My first season I qualified for the Champions League & had Man Utd (reigning champions), CSKA Moscow and PSG but I managed to top the group. I have my fullest condifence in you :thup:

Can't wait to see you involved in this lovely thread (you created) I have not had this much fun in a save since FM09. Just a update on how my team is doing we started off poorly and was sitting in 10th but things changed very quickly and all of a sudden we have been on a 10 game win streak, defeating the likes of At Madrid, Barcelona, Lyon and Fenerbahce.

I can't wait too and thankyou; I'm glad people like this thread [and this Malaga save too] as it's taken a long time to get to a good standard :) Seeing that it is my first ever team thread, I'm pretty pleased with it. Didn't think that this thread would have 6 pages already, so soon after the release of FM12. I would've been happy if it would've had 6 pages by the release of FM13 :D

All very accomplished, reputable teams you beat there. Hope you can extend this winning streak for sometime longer :thup:

Acid you can do it, I bet you make it look easy :) . You seem to sign good players aswell, do you think you will ever leave Malaga?

First game a home 1-1 draw with Man United. I can't see any reason to leave Malaga for the foreseeable future if it gets to a point of winning the Champions League every season then I would consider a move but that is a long way off if ever.

Do you guys think I should sign Chris Smalling for 18.5 million and Fabio for 20 million?

Not sure how good Smalling is but he is one of my targets for next season.

The final was an all French affair as they beat Marseille 2-1.

Love it! That gives me hope: if FM12 is a world where we can have an all French Champs League final, then it is also a world where a club like Málaga can do well.

Speaking of which, after reading through this thread I have started a new game. After everyone going on about the sugar daddy thing, I didn't want to be left out! Changed it to foreground and started afresh, with more ambition and more signings than before!

IN with Otamendi (£13m), Kameni (5.25m), Dos Santos (£4.4m), Wilfried (£2.5m), Vass (£800k), Bridge (s/long loan) and Diogo (free) - and also having FM12 future sensation Carlos Fierro joining next July.

OUT with Fernandez (£2.1m to Vitesse), Maresca (£1.2m to Villarreal) and Eliseu (£2.8m to Vitesse) - also hoping to get rid of Weligton and Malagueno when they're fit. RVN will be off at the end of the season.

I've got £17.89m in the bank and £69k in wages, so I'm trying to decide whether to reinforce the attack with Willian, or strengthen up the middle with Montolivio. Although, there is always the temptation to leave that money in the bank for January - when there is always at least one big player who has fallen out with his club and handed in a transfer request.

Love it! That gives me hope: if FM12 is a world where we can have an all French Champs League final, then it is also a world where a club like Málaga can do well.

Speaking of which, after reading through this thread I have started a new game. After everyone going on about the sugar daddy thing, I didn't want to be left out! Changed it to foreground and started afresh, with more ambition and more signings than before!

IN with Otamendi (£13m), Kameni (5.25m), Dos Santos (£4.4m), Wilfried (£2.5m), Vass (£800k), Bridge (s/long loan) and Diogo (free) - and also having FM12 future sensation Carlos Fierro joining next July.

OUT with Fernandez (£2.1m to Vitesse), Maresca (£1.2m to Villarreal) and Eliseu (£2.8m to Vitesse) - also hoping to get rid of Weligton and Malagueno when they're fit. RVN will be off at the end of the season.

I've got £17.89m in the bank and £69k in wages, so I'm trying to decide whether to reinforce the attack with Willian, or strengthen up the middle with Montolivio. Although, there is always the temptation to leave that money in the bank for January, when there is always at least one big player who has fallen out with his club and handed in a transfer request.

Great signings I love Otamendi £13n million is a good very good price.

Hey people, I've decided to start my first FM12 save as Malaga. I'm only 12 games in but i'm the only unbeaten team in La Liga. Real Madrid were unbeaten aswell until they came to my place. I've had a good start but drawn a couple of games i should have won.

leagued.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

signings.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Anyway, I'll update regularly! Some people look like they have some great games on the go. Let's keep this thread going and make it the best team thread on the forum!

First game a home 1-1 draw with Man United. I can't see any reason to leave Malaga for the foreseeable future if it gets to a point of winning the Champions League every season then I would consider a move but that is a long way off if ever.

Not sure how good Smalling is but he is one of my targets for next season.

I feel the same way I love this club now and I am so close to winning my first league title plus I want to make a all Spanish/South American team so over the next few seasons I am gearing to signing the very best youngsters.

I'm having a great 3rd season so far. Here's the league table half way through Jan 2014

Jan14table.png

I finished 2nd in my CL group, second behind Chelsea and have drawn Man Utd in the 1st Knock-out stage

I'm still in the Copa del Rey after scraping through against At Madrid (who are proving to be a bit of a bogey team for me)

On the transfer front, I've bought Juan Mata from Chelsea for £11.5m (he wanted out of Chelsea and was glad to come back to Spain) and Alberto Botia for £10.25m from Sporting Gijon to up my Spanish quota and signed Giuseppe Prestia from Palermo on a free to join next season.

Some of the names available to be signed on frees are unbelievable - Xavi, Xabi Alonso, David Villa, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Giovinco, Berbatov and Puyol just to name a few. Its a shame that none of them want to come to sunny Malaga atm :( (but I'm hoping that Xavi or Xabi Alonso change their mind)

I did the same and now just 1.5 seasons later I've got teams offering £12m+ for him.

Is Messi tearing up the league in anyone elses game? He has 19 league goals............in 9 games.

Yes, but not quite like that. 14 games, 17 goals, 3 assists. 7.83 Average Rating. The thing is, there are 2 Real Madrid players with higher average ratings :eek:

23drd23 Things are going very well for you, pity you cannot get any of the names you mentioned although I wouldn't sign half of them because they are too old.

[video=youtube;nkHyBix4L90]

More evidence of why Llorente is so good up front, two goals both well taken and two great through balls that Xavi, Silva or Fabregas would have been proud of.

23drd23 Things are going very well for you, pity you cannot get any of the names you mentioned although I wouldn't sign half of them because they are too old.

[video=youtube;nkHyBix4L90]

More evidence of why Llorente is so good up front, two goals both well taken and two great through balls that Xavi, Silva or Fabregas would have been proud of.

Great performance. How much did he cost you?

Is Messi tearing up the league in anyone elses game? He has 19 league goals............in 9 games.

Actually, scrap that, he just scored 4 in his last game. 10 league games......23 league goals....average rating of 8.86. Not looking forward to playing Barca!

Archived