FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I accepted the offer of the tour, packed the bags, told the wife contacted all the players and I decided to check the news and this happens

BlueMagicoNews_Inbox.png

I am in shock but I think I am going to politely say no but I was very tempted!

Also decided to give myself a Nickname Blue Magico

Good to see some extreme loyalty to Malaga there.

I also had that American invite, seems like a sign of increasing rep. Can only mean good things, I just hope a new stadium is in sight.

I took the Spain job after 2014 World Cup where they crashed out in the group stages.

Thought I'd have a little fun:

30208460832-orig.jpg

But then..

30208465117-orig.jpg

I'm so disappointed. Not what I wanted at all, he and I were quickly becoming friends. Definitely don't want the job, but I just hope they get a solid replacement.

Good to see some extreme loyalty to Malaga there.

I also had that American invite, seems like a sign of increasing rep. Can only mean good things, I just hope a new stadium is in sight.

I took the Spain job after 2014 World Cup where they crashed out in the group stages.

Thought I'd have a little fun:

30208460832-orig.jpg

But then..

30208465117-orig.jpg

I'm so disappointed. Not what I wanted at all, he and I were quickly becoming friends. Definitely don't want the job, but I just hope they get a solid replacement.

Glad to see someone else getting offered other positions pep is already Spain manager on my save, but it is a position I am looking out for I have a lot of manager retirements in my save.

Hey fellow Malagaffers. I'm just wondering how people have been getting on with Juanmi? Did anyone keep him and give him game time? The reason i ask is that in my save (January 1st season), I have him learning from Ruud Van Nistlerooy and he is fast improving. I'm receiving bids from Barca, Man City and Real Madrid for him and he is absolutely destroying teams for the under 19s, as you can see below with the amount of goals he has.

juanmip.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I sold Juanmi (perhaps hastily) at the start of the second season for £2m + 50% future profit.

I just knew he wasn't going to play for me, given that my 2 first choice strikers, Kadlec and Muniain were only a year older than him.

He looks decent on yours, but I'd probably suggest that he may never be good enough for Malaga.

30209171446-orig.jpg

On my save, things went from bad to worse for Spanish football.

30209130379-orig.jpg

Juanmi is one I am looking forward to see develop. Very worried about his immobility though, but from that last screen it looks like his pace improves pretty dramatically in a couple of years. Will keep hold.

Damn near just threw my computer out of the window after THE MOST FRUSTRATING 1-0 loss at home to Bilbao. I simply cannot play against teams who employ a 3-4-3. My midfield always manages to get dominated and defenders can't cope with the movement of 3 up front. Doesn't help that Baptista had a 4.5 rated game and missed a penalty, and half of the first team had the ever-annoying "playing nervously" motivation tag through most of the game. Ugh!

After pacing around my room in pure sulky anger after the Bilbao abomination, I just did a little jig of pleasure after watching a 5-1 demolition of Zaragoza.

I also leapt about 6 feet in the air after watching goal of the season from Gio Dos Santos. A screamer in every respect: I let out an uncontrollably loud "WWWWOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAGETINGETINGETIN!!!!" when it happened.

[video=youtube;tdg5l438aRA]

BOOM!

What a finish...

I screamed goooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll when I watched that.

In future versions of FM, I want actual commentary. That goal would be infinitely better if there was real over the top spanish commentary to go with it.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!

In future versions of FM, I want actual commentary. That goal would be infinitely better if there was real over the top spanish commentary to go with it.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOLGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL!!!

Sign the rights to the Spanish commentator :p

Really not been able to get into a malaga save at all. But after seeing all your guys success. Its really making me want to really get into one.

This thread helps as there is constant discussion on a variety of different Malaga saves.

i use a 4231 at Home and 451 away (dm and aml/r). I still havent beaten either of them yet, but a few draws, all at home when i have been more attacking, the other guys have had better results than me against the big 2 - I am closing the gap - 2-2 draw with Real winning until they got a dodgy penalty in last 5 mins.

If messi is on fire, think he scored 6 or 7 against me in 4 games last season, its hard. maybe try a 4141, or a 541 to try and snuff out their attack. Am still working on it myself. Real are beatable, Barca are a wee notch above

So looks to me like most people are going for the 4-2-3-1? How does that work against the likes of Barca & Madrid?

I have been using a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers and and CM and DMC pairing. In my second season I have started using a 4-5-1 against Barcelona and Real Madrid I won 1-0 at the Nou Camp and drew 2-2 in Madrid.

I signed Kameni the starting GK is a clown.

I got Kameni for £5.25m (his release clause). He's been tremendous for me; a real shot-stopper. I'm going to have to upgrade when we start playing regular Champions League football though, as I would probably need someone a bit more commanding. For the first season or so however, does a great job and for his class is dirt-cheap.

Of course, my ambition in the long-run is to get Akinfeev. Had him in every game since FM09, so it's more out of tradition than necessity.

WOW, Stegen looks immense. He may be the one to finally topple Big Igor (yes, I call him 'Big Igor'. I am that sad).

Thanks guys. Been a real help.

My current targets, are just cheap players, who can do a job. Kara from Tromso naturally a DM but will retrain to a CB. Bandalovski for RB Rotation. Teko Modise for back up to Julio, and Andile Jali for another person in midfield. Spending about 3mil combined. Leaves me a 'bit' of money, for a marquee signing or 2

My current targets, are just cheap players, who can do a job. Kara from Tromso naturally a DM but will retrain to a CB. Bandalovski for RB Rotation. Teko Modise for back up to Julio, and Andile Jali for another person in midfield. Spending about 3mil combined. Leaves me a 'bit' of money, for a marquee signing or 2

Have you changed the sugar daddy to foreground?

I must recommend Gio dos Santos. You can get him either on loan or permanent for around £4m. He's been really good for me as an Inside Forward on the right wing. Took a couple of games to settle but has now had 3 consecutive >8.0 performances and always looks a danger when running at defenders. Seems like he's forging a good understanding with Rondon as well, which could work well.

Depends how you feel, there are a lot in this thread that changed the sugar daddy as we felt they should have a foreground one rather than a background one.

Yeah, from what I've read about the new owners they are definitely not the kind of guys who will give enough money to make it into the Champions League and then rest on that (Background); they are the kind of characters who will keep giving as much as necessary to keep improving.

I would Highly reccomend trying to sign Willian, costs about 8m, is immense. I have him on right and caz on the left with Wilfried or rondon througn the middle. Wilfried has a 2.5m transfer clause, he is great, has great physicals and bursts through defences no bother

Depends how you feel, there are a lot in this thread that changed the sugar daddy as we felt they should have a foreground one rather than a background one.

Guess I'll be starting again then! Does this just make them throw money at you?:D

I must recommend Gio dos Santos. You can get him either on loan or permanent for around £4m. He's been really good for me as an Inside Forward on the right wing. Took a couple of games to settle but has now had 3 consecutive >8.0 performances and always looks a danger when running at defenders. Seems like he's forging a good understanding with Rondon as well, which could work well.

Cheers, always been an admirer, but since I usually manage Liverpool, never really a player that I look at for the team

I would Highly reccomend trying to sign Willian, costs about 8m, is immense. I have him on right and caz on the left with Wilfried or rondon througn the middle. Wilfried has a 2.5m transfer clause, he is great, has great physicals and bursts through defences no bother

Had Willian Last year, aswell as Douglas Costa, will check him on this years, along with Wilfried - Does no one use RVN Then? :p

Guess I'll be starting again then! Does this just make them throw money at you?:D

Not Man City style money they give a big wage budget in the first season that can be converted into cash. Second season I had around £40 million to spend which is a good amount given what they have spent in real life.

I never used RVN because I signed Llorente and if I used both there would be no pace at all in my attack.

Does no one use RVN Then? :p

What, Mr Mobility?!

I absolutely love RVN, one of my all-time favourite players, but for a player who can only do one thing (of course, he can do that one thing very well), his ridiculous lack of pace means he is never in the position to do said thing. Saying that, he works well as a Poacher when playing alongside a supporting DLF. Rarely scores (again because he is never in position), but does create a lot for the DLF.

Never knew how much that changing the Chairman to foreground would actually do.

They're now demanding Champions League football next season, and apparently, I'm now able to sign Reina xD

You only need a couple of signings to make the Champions League. I signed Llorente, Javi Martinez and Kameni and made it easy, in January I was able to sign Tevez which really boosted the team.

Archived