FM12: Málaga Club de Fútbol - Barça & Real? Who?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used kind of 541 against Real and Barca, out of 6 games (got barca in cup) drew with real at home and lost away to a last minute dodgy penalty, Against Barca i would need a sniper for Messi, he ripped me apart 3 losses and a draw. All were competative, losses 2-1 3-2 and 3-1 my speed on the wings counter attacking got me the goals, so i hope a better defence next season will make those results better.

Decided not to splash out on Montolivio or Willian in the end, but still made a couple more purchases:

Tshabalala for a frankly hilarious £325k. Such a bargain I almost feel guilty about it. Adds some much needed individual creativity to the attack.

But the big one here is my £6m capture of Mateo Kovacic. Has all the attributes to turn into an absolute gem. Like Fierro, he will be joining next July.

The team is set now then:

4-2-3-1 (Rigid, Attacking - change to Counter for away games, little creative freedom & no roaming)

GK: Kameni

RB: Gamez / Diogo - Support, to change to defensive for away games

CB: Otamendi / Sanchez - Cover

CB: Demichelis / Mathijsen - Stopper

LB: Monreal / Bridge - Support, to change to defensive for away games

CM: Toulalan* / Vass / Recio - Defensive role

CM: Baptista / Camacho / Apono* - Supporting role, to change to ball-winner for away games

AMR: Dos Santos / Joaquin* / Duda* - Attacking Inside Fwd

AMC: Tshabalala / Isco - Supporting AM, playmaker

AML: Cazorla / Buonanotte - Attacking Inside Fwd

ST: Rondon / Wilfried / RVN* - Advanced Fwd

* - indicates players who I will probably be looking to sell next Summer.

Decided not to splash out on Montolivio or Willian in the end, but still made a couple more purchases:

Tshabalala for a frankly hilarious £325k. Such a bargain I almost feel guilty about it. Adds some much needed individual creativity to the attack.

But the big one here is my £6m capture of Mateo Kovacic. Has all the attributes to turn into an absolute gem. Like Fierro, he will be joining next July.

4-2-3-1 (Rigid, Attacking - change to Counter for away games, little creative freedom & no roaming)

CM: Baptista / Camacho / Apono* - Supporting role, to change to ball-winner for away games

You are building a very sexy squad there, I'm getting excited about what Impact your new signings can make.

It's shaping up to be a pretty exciting squad of players yeah. Maybe a little lightweight physically but I've never been one for all that bullying nonsense. I can see a few big wins at the smaller teams, but I think the young age of the team will be embarrassingly exploited against bigger opponents. We shall see!

It's shaping up to be a pretty exciting squad of players yeah. Maybe a little lightweight physically but I've never been one for all that bullying nonsense. I can see a few big wins at the smaller teams, but I think the young age of the team will be embarrassingly exploited against bigger opponents. We shall see!

Yeah but as long as you finish top four while the squad is building and maturing then that's fine

Yeah but as long as you finish top four while the squad is building and maturing then that's fine

Yeah that's true. What I'm thinking is with the majority of my forward players being <26 I can afford to focus on strengthening my defence over the next few windows. I'm tempted to embrace the team's attacking flair and go all-out and turn ever match into a slugfest.

Yeah that's true. What I'm thinking is with the majority of my forward players being <26 I can afford to focus on strengthening my defence over the next few windows. I'm tempted to embrace the team's attacking flair and go all-out and turn ever match into a slugfest.

Hahaha I hate slugfest 1-0 wins do me.

Hahaha I hate slugfest 1-0 wins do me.

I really, really hate it when my team concedes. I get really angry, even if the opposition gets a late consolation in a 6-1 win. However, I get more angry when the team concedes when set up defensively sooooo I'm planning to condition myself to the Ian Holloway school of tactics.

ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

My mind has been made. After my 4-2-3-1 was pretty unceremoniously decimated in a 4-1 friendly loss at Old Trafford, I've decided to go for it in my next friendly: Chelsea. 3-1-2-1-3. Bring it on!

I have managed to stop a flow of goals this season, which has pleased me seeing as I have not changed my defence since last season but my team seemed to have gelled and despite the poor first part of the season they have since got me in the quarters of the CL, the Final of the copa del rey and 2nd in the league 2 points behind Barcelona who I expect to win the league. I doubt I will win the CL but the copa del rey I feel is mine for the 2nd year in a row and the league might be a realistic dream.

Wow. My new attacking formation resulted in a 3-1 victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Absolutely deadly on the break. The stats tell a different story however: they had 25 shots compared to our 9. Any other day it would have been a rout I think.

Not doing too well in the league in my second season, well I am currently 4th, 9-points behind the first after about 10 games.

Pyatov

Azpilicueta - G.Rodríguez - Demichellis - Monreal

Toulalan - D.Costa/Buonanotte

Cazorla - D.Costa/Buonanotte - Hazard

Zarate/Barrios

I need to sign a CM in January as I am currently playing players off-position there as Apono is not good enough, nor is Camacho, also Hummels is out for 3-4months.

Why on earth would you sell Toulalan??? :mad: (its a mods favourite)

I have been linked to a few clubs recently so I must be doing a very good job. I have a 2-1 first leg lead over man utd that was at home play them away next game. I have signed 4 under 18's so already looking ahead to the future. By the 4th season I'm hoping to replace my non spanish\south americans from my squad. I'm going to build a true legacy at this club hopefully in 6th season I will not be spending over 5 million on a player because I will have youngsters coming through the ranks. Just thought I would let you know my plan. On this thread all I have to say is what a great bunch of fmers we have. I have a lot of free time because of the fact I can't walk because of my injuries from football, and you guys have given me great convo while I'm playing football manager. This thread has also renewed my love for the game and I am now in love with Malaga. So thanks to Llew for making the thread :)

Why on earth would you sell Toulalan??? :mad: (its a mods favourite)

Because he was nothing more than Mr Average for me in my previous save. Saying that, he just scored two STUNNERS in the last friendly match. Woof!

Though he was outdone by a pretty special effort from Cazorla for the third.

[video=youtube;Q7x7VUiLc5g]

Woof.

Archived