Sports Interactive Community
AidanofLFC

FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

Finally finished season one, very happy !

EndOfChampionship.jpg

Had to laugh at Burnley, you'd be gutted. Only 3 games lost all season and 103 points still only good enough for second. It could have been better as well, Wilfried only played 27 games due to injury and African Nations Cup, and scored 38 goals.

We lost to Man City on penalties in the League Cup, and Chelsea beat us 4-3 in the FA cup courtesy of 2 goals in the last 2 minutes.

TransfersSeasonOne.jpg

I've got a young DM called Emre Can already signed up for the first season in Prem, but I think pre-season is going to be about keeping hold of Jali, Wilfried & Bandalovski, all sorts of teams sniffing round them.

Finally finished season one, very happy !

EndOfChampionship.jpg

Had to laugh at Burnley, you'd be gutted. Only 3 games lost all season and 103 points still only good enough for second. It could have been better as well, Wilfried only played 27 games due to injury and African Nations Cup, and scored 38 goals.

We lost to Man City on penalties in the League Cup, and Chelsea beat us 4-3 in the FA cup courtesy of 2 goals in the last 2 minutes.

TransfersSeasonOne.jpg

I've got a young DM called Emre Can already signed up for the first season in Prem, but I think pre-season is going to be about keeping hold of Jali, Wilfried & Bandalovski, all sorts of teams sniffing round them.

Well done Macca!

I signed up Can too, my Prem signings are on the previous page; suggest you have a look at Mariga. If he's on your game, he'll compliment Jali nicely.

Just into November 2012 and Uncle Ken has sold out to a Serbian businessman. He pumps cash into the club and begins upgrades to the club's training and youth facilities. We sit 2nd in the Prem and are going well in the Euro cup, but my job is on the line. Meanwhile, Alan Curbishley has been attending games (this is a nice touch) as the new owner's preferred manager; quality.

Well done Macca!

I signed up Can too, my Prem signings are on the previous page; suggest you have a look at Mariga. If he's on your game, he'll compliment Jali nicely.

Yeah, cheers, got my eye on Mariga. It does look like funds are going to be a problem, I've got the initial budgets mail and it says £16.5m for transfers, that's not really anywhere near enough.

It will be a struggle holding on to Jali as well, I've just turned down a £10m bid from Fulham, I don't think it will be long before the board steps in and accepts one. :(

I reckon with my loan players leaving I need at least 5 new perm transfers and 3 good loans, could be a scrape...

Yeah, cheers, got my eye on Mariga. It does look like funds are going to be a problem, I've got the initial budgets mail and it says £16.5m for transfers, that's not really anywhere near enough.

It will be a struggle holding on to Jali as well, I've just turned down a £10m bid from Fulham, I don't think it will be long before the board steps in and accepts one. :(

I reckon with my loan players leaving I need at least 5 new perm transfers and 3 good loans, could be a scrape...

Macca, if you set Jali's value to £100M it should prevents bids! If money is tight, suggest you also look at Masilela; lot of DL for £475K.

So i've finished my 1st season on my new save, heres the top 6:

FMTable.jpg

And here are my transfers ahead of my 1st season in the premiership:

FMT2012.jpg

I was in two minds whether to keep Pugh and Bandalovski as back up but decided to get rid as I don't want my squad any bigger than it needs to be and players getting unhappy at not getting games.

My starting 11 is:

GK: Guilherme

DR: Walker

CB: Shawcross

CB: Gioda

LB: Mattock

CM: Jali

CM: Poli

AMR: Snodgrass

AMC: Delph

AML: Miyaichi

ST: Wilfried

With back up of:

GK: Lonergan

RB: Lees

CB: Lees, Gimpel

LB: White

CM: Howson, Clayton

AMR: White, Clayton

AMC: Howson, Clayton

AML: Mouche, White

ST: Sanogo, Mouche

I brought in a player on loan who almost immediately has got injured for 6 months but i cant find terminate loan anywhere which seems strange as i didnt have a problem finding it when i sent O`Dea back.Anyone got any idea?

I brought in a player on loan who almost immediately has got injured for 6 months but i cant find terminate loan anywhere which seems strange as i didnt have a problem finding it when i sent O`Dea back.Anyone got any idea?

Think it might be down to the terms of the loan (can be recalled), you might be stuck with him. :(

Think it might be down to the terms of the loan (can be recalled), you might be stuck with him. :(

Yeh that was all I could think of,shame as well as he was looking good

Just into November 2012 and Uncle Ken has sold out to a Serbian businessman. He pumps cash into the club and begins upgrades to the club's training and youth facilities. We sit 2nd in the Prem and are going well in the Euro cup, but my job is on the line. Meanwhile, Alan Curbishley has been attending games (this is a nice touch) as the new owner's preferred manager; quality.

Look in the Vacancies column mate :D

Just finished my 4th season in charge and again it's been a season of steady progress!

Won the League Cup (beating Stoke 4-0 in the final, also knocking Chelsea and Man City out along the way).

Finished 5th in the league, ensuring Euro qualification even without the Cup win.

Key players for me:

Carlos Fierro played as my main striker and finished the season with 27 goals, 10 assists

Mattia Destro formed a great partnership with Fierro, playing in the support striker role and managed 23 goals, 13 assists

Tom Cairney was the main creative force in midfield finishing the season with 18 assists.

...and pretty much everyone else in the team is a regen. :cool:

Plus both my reserve and under 18 team won their leagues (the under 18s absolutely walked theirs, going unbeaten all season and winning 28 of 30 games, scoring an average of over 4 goals a game) - so I'm confident I have plenty more quality regens who will soon be breaking in to the 1st team squad. :D

So now to reassess the squad again, as next season we'll need to be pushing for top 4 and that Champions League qualification spot as a minimum!

Ready for first game in Prem (away at Arsenal so I don't expect anything from there...)

PremSignings.jpg

Struggled a bit to be honest, Shawcross was a pleasing addition, £10m is a snip for someone of his quality.

If I can keep Hargreaves fit he will be a great signing for a season, the rest are really squad fillers. Petersen on loan will be interesting, Wilfried got himself injured again in pre-season, I got him with a future fee of £3m, I signed him for two reasons (Finishing = 16 Pace = 16).

Onto the Emirates :(

Umm... guys? My season has started a little too well... this includes a match against Man United by the way... 48 month installments are paying off!

5o7903.png

Just finished my 4th season in charge and again it's been a season of steady progress!

Won the League Cup (beating Stoke 4-0 in the final, also knocking Chelsea and Man City out along the way).

Finished 5th in the league, ensuring Euro qualification even without the Cup win.

Key players for me:

Carlos Fierro played as my main striker and finished the season with 27 goals, 10 assists

Mattia Destro formed a great partnership with Fierro, playing in the support striker role and managed 23 goals, 13 assists

Tom Cairney was the main creative force in midfield finishing the season with 18 assists.

...and pretty much everyone else in the team is a regen. :cool:

Plus both my reserve and under 18 team won their leagues (the under 18s absolutely walked theirs, going unbeaten all season and winning 28 of 30 games, scoring an average of over 4 goals a game) - so I'm confident I have plenty more quality regens who will soon be breaking in to the 1st team squad. :D

So now to reassess the squad again, as next season we'll need to be pushing for top 4 and that Champions League qualification spot as a minimum!

Consistent progress Coen! Really well done again!

Would be good if Grayson could find that button with that useless tool

Why I love managing Leeds United.

Arise the new Don Revie :D

ArsenalSubs.jpg

Followed by...

RosePetersen.jpg

And a 1-0 win away at Arsenal in our first Premier League game.

Great start to the season there macca. :thup:

And Kyle - hope you can keep that run going! :applause:

Cheers Coen. Kyle, great start mate, what transfers have you brought in, that's a unbelievable performance.:thup:

May glory be with us!

englishpremierdivisiono.png

Ohh my what an end to a season, was point behind ManC and 2 infront of ManU, I only managed a draw against Birmingham which sent me shaking in stress, but ManC lost to Arsenal and even though ManU won Tottenham they where to far behind on GD to be able to seal the trophy :)

My team has really geled together and with avrage age of only 21 this squad will hopefully do wonders for me :)

In addition I was able to win the League Cup in a penalty thriller against Liverpool where my goalie saved 3 of their penalties.

May glory be with us!

Ohh my what an end to a season, was point behind ManC and 2 infront of ManU, I only managed a draw against Birmingham which sent me shaking in stress, but ManC lost to Arsenal and even though ManU won Tottenham they where to far behind on GD to be able to seal the trophy :)

My team has really geled together and with avrage age of only 21 this squad will hopefully do wonders for me :)

In addition I was able to win the League Cup in a penalty thriller against Liverpool where my goalie saved 3 of their penalties.

Congratulations Thorovic, fantastic performance - I think that makes you the first person to win the Premier League on the thread (but I'm sure not the last), now on to the Champions League and European domination!:applause:

Anyone else notice that on Thorovic's game, the Premier League has lost it's 4th place Champions League spot ?

May glory be with us!

Well done! Can't quite see it but what season is that in?

Still unbeaten at the start of December and just beat Arsenal in the League Cup... but at the cost of 4 players having to go off injured... I'm just grateful I don't play my first team in the League Cup

Thanks all

macca72: I just noticed this myself as of now but I think this has to do with the champion cup final was yet to be played at the time of the screenshot so it might have something to do with that? At least there are 4 teams from England in the next years competition.

KyleGraham: This would be the season 2014/15

Now just try to build on this season and go for Europe :)

---------------Lonergan-----------------

------Pugh=Lees=Kisborbo=Parnaby-------

----Miyaichi=Clayton=Howson=Snoddy----

------------Forsell=Becchio---------------

Had to make do with the core of the RL squad becuase I failed to sign anyone, Keogh got broken leg, O'dear loan terminated Nunez turned into a super sub and Becchio, cost less than Berbatov and scores more goals.

My run is good, I sit at the top of the table suffering only 2 defeats at the hands of Forest and Leicester. I have 4 Draws and reached the Semi Finals for the league cup. I have reached to January transfer window and again struggling to sign anyone, Winfred buggered off to Inter and Sonago was on loan to Huddersfield and is now worth 3.5mil who was snapped up by Man City.

My Staff keep getting snapped up by other clubs and I only have 2 coaches and I am unable to replace them. I was fortunate to land Coton as Ass Man when was Snodin was snapped up.

Its that time of the season when the players are now really showing their weakness, and I really need to get more depth. But I must cant seem to sign anyone of note.

Uncle Bates has even given me a war chest of 3.5m.

I have in rotation -

Gimpel

Clayton

Bruce

Nunez

White

Parker

Connolly

Outs =

Paynter - Free

Bromby - Loan

Sam - Free

O'Dear - Loan Termination

Keogh - Loan Termination

Lost 3 on the bounce now to Spurs, Swansea and Man City. Unbeaten run is thus over thanks to an injury crisis. I have one fit striker who is out of form. 8 injuries in total to first team/rotation players :(

Just started a save with Leeds last night, only played a few games so far. Will look through this thread when i'm not at work to see how you're all doing :-)

Thanks all

macca72: I just noticed this myself as of now but I think this has to do with the champion cup final was yet to be played at the time of the screenshot so it might have something to do with that? At least there are 4 teams from England in the next years competition.

KyleGraham: This would be the season 2014/15

Now just try to build on this season and go for Europe :)

Wow. Fast progress. Super gratz

Just started a save with Leeds last night, only played a few games so far. Will look through this thread when i'm not at work to see how you're all doing :-)
just got my copy of the game! will post my pre season transfers soon

Welcome to the thread Hairy Coo and cheesybites

Totally fluffed, hit by injuries so bad that I had to restart.

But this save is looking promising, and now that I worked out how to capture screenies ...

I managed to land some good players this time round, and managed to spread the payments over 48 mths to ease the burden. I managed to pick up Flavio Tanajura who is a god send and really get the tactic's familiarity up to speed in no time. The fixtures have also been kind to me. But I have the tough games coming up, Leicester Forest and Cardiff.

transfers.jpg

tatics.jpg

leaguetable1.jpg

injuries.jpg

I lost a little interest in my Leeds save (it's a shock I know), but have now restarted on 12.0.3. My initial impression is that the game is now a little more challenging than previously. Transfers are also harder to pull off and salary expectations are higher. The new "Leeds Legend" Jali has been toned down a touch and he is very hard to sign - I only pulled it of with a ridiculous loyalty payment. I'm just kicking off the new season and am again using Mr Hough's final FM 11 tactic. I'd initially started with his FM12 "swarm tactic" but have reverted because the former tactic seems to have more creativity than the latter one.

Transfer activity has been similar to my previous saves but, after spending some time, I have found a few new quality players. Anyway, here is the side:

GK Lonnie, Rach.

DR Ivan Bandolovski, Lees (will sign Parnaby in September when his wage demands start to drop).

DL Gabriel Silva, Paul Ambrosi.

DC Gioda, Caruzzo (on my previous save Bottenelli's stats started to decline from the 2nd season), Tiago Ilori (high potential and has an English nationality, so future HG player).

AMR Bressan (£1M over 48, get's a w/p and as good as last year), Teko Modise (£300K) gets w/p.

AML Shikabala gets w/p (but watch his greedy wage demands), Zezinho.

DMC Jali, Letsholonyane, Medo (£2.2M over 48) not quite Kara but still a beast and has a Finnish passport.

ST Quintero, Wilfried, Mouche.

Bench is the usuals, plus I loaned Jose Baxter & Robinson to get HG up after I terminated Pugh's loan and sold everybody else.

Joining 1.1.12 Luizao and Sebestian Viera, GK (anybody remember him?) His wage demands are very low because he is on a small contract at a Colombian team. He is miles and miles better than Lonnie.

Great minds think alike!!!

I am just about to start a new Leeds save as well!!!

The problem I had was the HG rule I had the 6 no probs but forgot about the injuries "DOH"

Will be adding Tom Cairney (MC) at Hull to my HG list as well as Parnaby, Is Bressan better than Fernandez at AMR?

Might even think about keeping Snoddy, Howson & Clayton (if I can't get Cairney) just for the HG

Great minds think alike!!!

I am just about to start a new Leeds save as well!!!

The problem I had was the HG rule I had the 6 no probs but forgot about the injuries "DOH"

Will be adding Tom Cairney (MC) at Hull to my HG list as well as Parnaby, Is Bressan better than Fernandez at AMR?

Might even think about keeping Snoddy, Howson & Clayton (if I can't get Cairney) just for the HG

No, Fernandez is the better AMR; but Bressan is much the better player. I bought him with a view to retrain him to AMR. But, as I've now reverted to the earlier tactic, I'm coverting him to DMC and focus training on tackling. Fortunately he's very versatile! If you decide to go for him, offer £1M over 48 months immediately. If you wait even a day or so bigger clubs will be in for him and he will not even entertain a contract.

Just to add pal, is Snoddie HG?

No, Fernandez is the better AMR; but Bressan is much the better player. I bought him with a view to retrain him to AMR. But, as I've now reverted to the earlier tactic, I'm coverting him to DMC and focus training on tackling. Fortunately he's very versatile! If you decide to go for him, offer £1M over 48 months immediately. If you wait even a day or so bigger clubs will be in for him and he will not even entertain a contract.

Just to add pal, is Snoddie HG?

I automatically assumed he was

Will check!!!

Pfft all you guys restarting - no staying power I tell ya! :D

I'm still going anyway, in to season 5 now, and am just about consolidating my position as a top 6 Premier League side now but seem to be just short of competing with the top 4 teams. Have had decent success in the cups, having now won 2 FA Cup and 1 League Cup, but still a bit short of challenging for the Premier League title.

So I think I need to change my strategy somewhat. So far I've been signing lots of young regens and this has worked fine to develop a squad suitable for top half of the Premier League, but it's not quite up to developing a squad good enough to compete with the top 4 - for every Rocha that i've had come through, I've had about 20 other players that aren't quite up to it.

So time to change my approach slightly and try to really focus on identifying a few real top quality signings every year. Which might mean spending a bit of money on slightly older players. :p

It's a long term project though so I'm quite happy with where I've got to after 5 seasons. :D

Well first season finished and I'v got to say it went really well! After it been tight all season usually around 3-6 points in it with Birmingham and West Ham went on a really good run in and started racking up the points as they were struggling. Ending up been 17 points clear.

league.png

Changed formations half way through from 4-2-3-1 to one of Mr Houghs called "And the Viper Strikes back with an RKO" it just seemed to be alot more creative. Concede more goals with it but the amount you score is amazing, had a lot of success on FM11 with it and seems it works a treat on FM12 too. Heres how it looks: (The starting team i played once i had achieved promotion)

formationg.png

Final Transfers for the seasons looked like: ( Bare in mind that pretty much all the transfers are over 48 Months so will be paying them off for a while )

transfers.png

And a Massive prospect that came on Leeds United trial day who im pretty impressed with keep giving him run outs in the first team:

helmsley.png

Thats all for now need to plan who to bring in for the new Prem season definatley need to improve the defence!!

Well first season finished and I'v got to say it went really well! After it been tight all season usually around 3-6 points in it with Birmingham and West Ham went on a really good run in and started racking up the points as they were struggling. Ending up been 17 points clear.

league.png

Changed formations half way through from 4-2-3-1 to one of Mr Houghs called "And the Viper Strikes back with an RKO" it just seemed to be alot more creative. Concede more goals with it but the amount you score is amazing, had a lot of success on FM11 with it and seems it works a treat on FM12 too. Heres how it looks: (The starting team i played once i had achieved promotion)

formationg.png

Final Transfers for the seasons looked like: ( Bare in mind that pretty much all the transfers are over 48 Months so will be paying them off for a while )

transfers.png

And a Massive prospect that came on Leeds United trial day who im pretty impressed with keep giving him run outs in the first team:

helmsley.png

Thats all for now need to plan who to bring in for the new Prem season definatley need to improve the defence!!

Wow - he came on a trial day! Great find that, must remember to have a trial day!!

I lost a little interest in my Leeds save (it's a shock I know), but have now restarted on 12.0.3. My initial impression is that the game is now a little more challenging than previously. Transfers are also harder to pull off and salary expectations are higher. The new "Leeds Legend" Jali has been toned down a touch and he is very hard to sign - I only pulled it of with a ridiculous loyalty payment. I'm just kicking off the new season and am again using Mr Hough's final FM 11 tactic. I'd initially started with his FM12 "swarm tactic" but have reverted because the former tactic seems to have more creativity than the latter one.

Transfer activity has been similar to my previous saves but, after spending some time, I have found a few new quality players. Anyway, here is the side:

GK Lonnie, Rach.

DR Ivan Bandolovski, Lees (will sign Parnaby in September when his wage demands start to drop).

DL Gabriel Silva, Paul Ambrosi.

DC Gioda, Caruzzo (on my previous save Bottenelli's stats started to decline from the 2nd season), Tiago Ilori (high potential and has an English nationality, so future HG player).

AMR Bressan (£1M over 48, get's a w/p and as good as last year), Teko Modise (£300K) gets w/p.

AML Shikabala gets w/p (but watch his greedy wage demands), Zezinho.

DMC Jali, Letsholonyane, Medo (£2.2M over 48) not quite Kara but still a beast and has a Finnish passport.

ST Quintero, Wilfried, Mouche.

Bench is the usuals, plus I loaned Jose Baxter & Robinson to get HG up after I terminated Pugh's loan and sold everybody else.

Joining 1.1.12 Luizao and Sebestian Viera, GK (anybody remember him?) His wage demands are very low because he is on a small contract at a Colombian team. He is miles and miles better than Lonnie.

how did you afford all of these fella?

how did you afford all of these fella?

Player sales (Snoddie can be sold for £6.75M over 48 months) and purchases over 48 months, a net negative of about £100k/month. Unrealistic to sell everybody I know, but with the right tactic you can walk the league and be well set for the Prem.

Wow - he came on a trial day! Great find that, must remember to have a trial day!!

I know i couldnt believe it there was also a guy who they believed to be 4* prospect too. Since playing Hemsley for about 10/12 games at the end of last season his potential has risen to 5* according to assistant manager Coton and Arsenal, Man Utd and Tottenham are all over him lol.

This just popped up in the news feed aswell:

hemsley.png

Will be gutted if Ken steps in and accepts a bid for him.

i wonder if this lad would sign for leeds...

mobiokolioverviewattrib.png

Sadly not on my game as I've just looked. Amazing stats - how did you come across him?

Good find on Drahun btw!

Nicko

Decided to go for Bottinelli after all Caruzzo's wages are mega!!!

Will sell him 2nd season if stats drop too much

As Jali can play MC is he any good as a MCa? Or would you leave him as a MCd?