FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

AidanofLFC

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've not got FM12 yet :( :( , but i hope to get it within the next few days.... seems like its good from what i've read. and Coen, season 2 already ? :lol:

Come on slacker!

Yeah I had a full day at it today, and kinda whizzed through the first season without making many changes to the starting squad just to see how they did. Had to give em a chance before I replace them all with cheapo Eastern European/South American imports...things will slow down now though cos the pressures on to get promoted in season 2, play-offs aint good enough for old Ken this time.

And Clayton > Howson (although I'll probably keep both for now anyway :lol:)

Ok an update on my signings for the start of season 2:

Straight in to the starting 11 go:

Marian Kello (GK) - free

Hassan El Mouataz (DL) - free

Felice Piccolo (DC) - £300k

Yordan Miliev (DC) - £300k

Pele (MC) - £1.6m (Portuguese defensive MC signed from Turkish side Eskisehirspor)

Darko Tasevski (MC) - free

Promising youngsters/back up players:

Dejan Trajkovski (DL) - £1m

Frederic Vieillot (ST) - £120k

Adnan Besic (ST) - £350k

Sergio Zijler (AMR) - £45k

Serkan Sahin (DR) - £10k

And out go Becchio, McCormack, O'Brien, Kisnorbo, Parker, Lonergan, Rachubka, Somma, Vayrynen, Connelly, Sam & Brown - total fees from sales £2.4m

I should probably sell one of Clayton and Howson as well, just not quite decided which one yet.

(Also I'm playing with Slovenian/Slovakian leagues loaded!)

See you've got the Slovenians in again! Surprised you didn't pick up your old mate Velikonja?

Just won the Championship on the last day of the season!!!! Woo!

Great work mate, be interested to see who you bring in for the Premier League.

See you've got the Slovenians in again! Surprised you didn't pick up your old mate Velikonja?

Ipswich bought Velikonja for £1.5m before I could get to him. :D

alright guys long time no speak, only got the game last night.

my team at the mo is as follows (still in friendlies)

GK Lonergan/Rachubka

DR Parnaby/Connolly - pillud was going to be far too expensive + he signed a new 5 year contract

DC Lees/Gimpel

DC Kisnorbo/O'Brien - Gioda went to pescara, botinelli is going to be 3 million should I bother? is he worth it? signing Luizao for January

DL Ambrosi (220k)/White

MRC Howson/Brown

MLC Cardacio (free)/Clayton

AMR Fernandez (1.2mil) Vayrynen

AML Snodgrass/Pugh

SRC Forsell

SLC McCormack

trying to sign probably 2 of the following strikers

Leandro Armani

Augustin Torassa

Velikonja

Besic

also trying for

Moises

Andy Polo

Botinelli 3 mil though

Marc Muniesa on loan

sold

Bruce 550k

Paynter 75k loan fee with a future fee of about 200k i think

Nunez 450k

Bromby 16k loan fee with a future fee of about 40k i think

Parker 65k over 48 months

see what happens

alright guys long time no speak, only got the game last night.

my team at the mo is as follows (still in friendlies)

GK Lonergan/Rachubka

DR Parnaby/Connolly - pillud was going to be far too expensive + he signed a new 5 year contract

DC Lees/Gimpel

DC Kisnorbo/O'Brien - Gioda went to pescara, botinelli is going to be 3 million should I bother? is he worth it? signing Luizao for January

DL Ambrosi (220k)/White

MRC Howson/Brown

MLC Cardacio (free)/Clayton

AMR Fernandez (1.2mil) Vayrynen

AML Snodgrass/Pugh

SRC Forsell

SLC McCormack

trying to sign probably 2 of the following strikers

Leandro Armani

Augustin Torassa

Velikonja

Besic

also trying for

Moises

Andy Polo

Botinelli 3 mil though

Marc Muniesa on loan

sold

Bruce 550k

Paynter 75k loan fee with a future fee of about 200k i think

Nunez 450k

Bromby 16k loan fee with a future fee of about 40k i think

Parker 65k over 48 months

see what happens

Good to see you on here mate.

I spent big on Ambrosi/Gioda/Botennelli/Pillud as a back line because I figured that they would be bottom end of Prem quaility. I had to have a big clear out to do it though.

I tell you what I have noticed.

A load of players Nicko & I suggested in FM11 are still available on a free.

Jean DL

Soukouna ST

These are just a couple found so far will keep you posted

There's a fair few mate: Castroman, Athirson, Malano, Abelairas, Edu, Geremi. I didn't think they were good enough this time around.

There's a fair few mate: Castroman, Athirson, Malano, Abelairas, Edu, Geremi. I didn't think they were good enough this time around.

Couple of my old favourites are there too so will be buying

Won-Sik Free

Odegaard (both DC's) 25K signing on

Pattison (MCd) 45K

Soukouna Free

Armani 95K

Lafata (all ST's) 525K

Jean (DL) Free

Roger (AML) 26K

Parnaby (DR) Free

Couple of my old favourites are there too so will be buying

Won-Sik Free

Odegaard (both DC's) 25K signing on

Pattison (MCd) 45K

Soukouna Free

Armani 95K

Lafata (all ST's) 525K

Jean (DL) Free

Roger (AML) 26K

Parnaby (DR) Free

Nice list there pal. Should fill out the squad very well and on the cheap!

Really struggling with offering wages though.

Also board will not allow me to scout other areas such as S.America etc...

You'll need to clear out some of the big earners mate - O'Brien/McCormack. Cancel the loans, terminate Sam. It's really tough, but realistic I think?

Yeah I struggled to free up money for fees or wages in the first season, so ended leaving it to 2nd season before making major changes.

Which I've now done, so just about to start my 2nd season - I'll either walk the league, or be sacked by Xmas. :lol:

Yeah I struggled to free up money for fees or wages in the first season, so ended leaving it to 2nd season before making major changes.

Which I've now done, so just about to start my 2nd season - I'll either walk the league, or be sacked by Xmas. :lol:

"Your getting sacked Christmas morning, sacked Christmas mooooorning!!!" lol

Well, I kinda ran in to a problem on my save as it turned out I'd loaded far too many leagues/too big a database and it was taking forever to do anything. Compared to FM11 it was taking more than twice as long to process stuff, which is no good for a long term save - so I decided to start over with a smaller set up (well, actually with exactly the same set up that I'd used for FM11 - not sure why I thought I my PC could handle more on FM12!)

But I've restricted myself to the same players I found first time around where possible, I've just been able to sign more of them in the first season. :D I'm avoiding using PA lists etc for now, want to see how I can do just by limiting myself to players I find myself in game.

They wanted £3m for Sanogo this time though!

LeedsTransfers_History.png

Ok ladies and gents, some advice needed now I reckon...

I've spent a load of time searching the world for players, and am working my way nicely through pre-season, but I've got some gaps in the squad and would love to get your opinions on my dealings so far and point out if I've missed anyone I could get to strengthen..

Outs

O'Brien - Charlton - 150k

Paynter - Huddersfield - 160k

Clayton - QPR - £1.5m

Bruce - Birmingham - 250k

Nunez - Norwich - 900k

Bromby - Chesterfield - 26k Loan

In's

Gioda - 250k - Should be solid at the back, reasonably pacey as well

Zaradoukas - 75k - Only found out about him because Portsmouth we're chasing him, looks like a decent left back, cheap wages as well

Miyaichi - Loan - Flip of a coin between him and Ephraim from QPR, should maybe have gone for Championship experience, but this lad could be a game changer

Andile Jale - 500k - My best find I think, I need DM's and this kid looks great, only 21 and had a host of Prem / Europa league clubs after him, but he chose me (after a nice sweetener on the signing on fee!)

So, that's where I'm at, I've still got 30k for wages and £2m to spend, but if I'm going after promotion, I need to spend it well. I reckon I still need RB, CB, DM, possibly a quick striker and cover for the wingers.

Cheers. MOT

Parnaby on a free is about the best option I've found for a RB at the start of the game.

For CB I've signed Francisco Pavon on a free and Yordan Miliev for £300k, both good Championship players I reckon.

DM is always the one I struggle with as well, not really found anyone for that yet.

For strikers I think Sanogo and Etien Velikonja are both good at this level, Sanogo can be expensive but Velikonja can be got for £500k.

That's all I can come up with tho!

Parnaby on a free is about the best option I've found for a RB at the start of the game.

For CB I've signed Francisco Pavon on a free and Yordan Miliev for £300k, both good Championship players I reckon.

DM is always the one I struggle with as well, not really found anyone for that yet.

For strikers I think Sanogo and Etien Velikonja are both good at this level, Sanogo can be expensive but Velikonja can be got for £500k.

Yeah, Parnaby is looking more likely, I went after Kelly from Fulham, but he turned me down in favour of Swansea. If you need a DM, make sure you have a look at Jale, I'm really looking forward to seeing how he pans out.

I'm about to start negotiations with Loovens from Celtic, 300k looks like a decent signing. I've also considered Samaras for the ST backup, see what I can do on loan, I fancy his wages will be high to sign perm.

Personally i reckon promotion can be done with the squad as it is near enough, beside a couple of dead weights making their exit and a 2-3 free transfers and some wise loan deals.

Brave words!

You may be right to be honest, the issue is the way I like to play tactics wise leaves me without players in certain positions, so wheeling and dealing is a must.

How you getting on ?

Yeah, Parnaby is looking more likely, I went after Kelly from Fulham, but he turned me down in favour of Swansea. If you need a DM, make sure you have a look at Jale, I'm really looking forward to seeing how he pans out.

I'm about to start negotiations with Loovens from Celtic, 300k looks like a decent signing. I've also considered Samaras for the ST backup, see what I can do on loan, I fancy his wages will be high to sign perm.

Jale doesnt appear to be on my game unfortunately, I've already looked!

Loovens looks a solid signing, I looked at him myself but in the end didn't go for it, went for a younger option in Miliev

I do think the squad is probably good enough to get promoted without many changes, certainly can make play offs in the first season with only minor tweaking.

But I'm going to make major changes anyway,to try to bring in young players now who will be up to the Premier League within a few years - as I don't think many of the current squad will be good enough for that.

Jale doesnt appear to be on my game unfortunately, I've already looked!

Loovens looks a solid signing, I looked at him myself but in the end didn't go for it, went for a younger option in Miliev

I do think the squad is probably good enough to get promoted without many changes, certainly can make play offs in the first season with only minor tweaking.

But I'm going to make major changes anyway,to try to bring in young players now who will be up to the Premier League within a few years - as I don't think many of the current squad will be good enough for that.

Like an idiot, I spelt his name wrong, his proper name is Andile Jali !

Brave words!

You may be right to be honest, the issue is the way I like to play tactics wise leaves me without players in certain positions, so wheeling and dealing is a must.

How you getting on ?

Not got the game yet (and won't till x-mas) but from what i've seen in the demo, the various free transfers that will become available and the system i know i can make work with the team thats already there i'm confident i can get Leeds promoted. Since they've been out of the top division in FM games i've always got them back to the Premiership in the shortest time possible.

For a DM look at Matty Pattison available for about 16K.

Bought him in FM11 looks good

Is it me or do fm researchers always screw up Leeds' players? After 14 games I am 17th and on the verge of the sack, despite playing a 4-4-2 close to what we do in real life. So why do all the players suck!?

I do think many of our players are a bit underrated compared to the stats i've seen for other Championship players.

But it should still be possible to do better than 17th with the squad - I find even with a 4-4-2 the team "strategy" (i.e. Attacking, Standard, Counter etc) makes a massive difference to how I do in games, that's the part I often change from game to game and during games themselves if things aren't going my way, usually start with "Attacking" at home but change it to "Standard" if it seems the other team are getting too many chances, or "Counter" if we're not able to get more than 50% possession.

Edit - oh, and I've had a look at Pattison and Jali and yep, both look good but it seems I missed my chance to sign em on the cheap. Will keep tabs on them though, maybe see about putting a bid in in January or the end of the season. :thup:

Mid - Season January 2012

As Coen said, money for wages and transfers continues to be tight. We sit second so are well placed to push on and get promotion.

Here is transfer activity:

In

GK Fernando Henrique £1.2M, Premiership quality keeper.

DR Romario £1.6M. High potential youngster.

DC Luzao Free.

DMC Daniel Paulisto Free.

AML Zezinho Free.

AML/AMC/ST Netinho Free.

Also Loaned in Jose Baxter ST to increase HG players.

Out

Rachubkca loan to Rangers.

Vayrynen.

Arthuro.

Flavio.

Brown.

Signing on 1.7.12 Jerome Rousillion DL, Mariano Pavone ST. Offer made to Sanogo to sign on a free, but BIG clubs in for him. I've made him a big offer, so we'll see.

Edit. Still waiting on Sanogo. But Carlos Fierro accepted my offer, gets w/p and joins on 1.7.12.

Stayed at Valencia in mine, pity because he looks good! Good find mate - you scouting Spain? I'm finding the Board unwilling to grant any requests, like scouting range, cash etc.

Managed to get Youth Facilities & Transfer Revenue but thats all.

He gets released early July & yes scouting Spain again. under 18's only as they get released & most of them are good for Champ & back up for Prem

Managed to get Youth Facilities & Transfer Revenue but thats all.

He gets released early July & yes scouting Spain again. under 18's only as they get released & most of them are good for Champ & back up for Prem

Remind me how you scout U18's again pal?

I've scraped results until January. Just playing Watford away in the FA Cup 3rd round - we're 7-0 up at half time. Wonder if the team has now gelled or it's an extremely freak score?

Remind me how you scout U18's again pal?

I've scraped results until January. Just playing Watford away in the FA Cup 3rd round - we're 7-0 up at half time. Wonder if the team has now gelled or it's an extremely freak score?

Send Scout to Spain make age no more than 18,.

Also under team policy only scout future prospect players

Mid - Season January 2012

As Coen said, money for wages and transfers continues to be tight. We sit second so are well placed to push on and get promotion.

Here is transfer activity:

In

GK Fernando Henrique £1.2M, Premiership quality keeper.

DR Romario £1.6M. High potential youngster.

DC Luizao Free.

DMC Daniel Paulisto Free.

AML Zezinho Free.

AML/AMC/ST Netinho Free.

Also Loaned in Jose Baxter ST to increase HG players.

Out

Rachubkca loan to Rangers.

Vayrynen.

Arthuro.

Flavio.

Brown.

Signing on 1.7.12 Jerome Rousillion DL, Mariano Pavone ST. Offer made to Sanogo to sign on a free, but BIG clubs in for him. I've made him a big offer, so we'll see.

Edit. Still waiting on Sanogo. But Carlos Fierro accepted my offer, gets w/p and joins on 1.7.12.

BIG news! Sanogo signs! The BIG loyalty bonus worked as he turns down Manchester United, Liverpool, Inter, etc. Get in son! Sanogo on a free (well a wheel barrow of cash..)

Archived