FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

AidanofLFC

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd season over. Finished 8th in the end, winning both the League and FA Cup. God only knows how I won the FA Cup...

35bwmmu.png

Very happy with my first season in the Premiership. Looking to sign a CDM, a striker and a couple of new defenders. Hoping to break into the top 6 next season.

Just started a new leeds save after all this time and have decided to bring a few different players in.

One that really has caught my eye is lazar markovic! Ive signed him for £2.5m over 30 months but it won't be completed until he's 18. He's touted as the next dusan savic and has atleast 10 for most attributes, most notably including 11 for shooting/composure and 16 for pace/accelaration! He excites me and should be dynamite by the time he's 23/25 although he will play some part as soon as he signs.

What are other peoples thoughts on him, anyone signed him before??

Also Fierro won't join my club, very frustrating! I tried to sign him as soon as FM2012 was released but had similar problems, might have to wait until next season..

Just started a new leeds save after all this time and have decided to bring a few different players in.

One that really has caught my eye is lazar markovic! Ive signed him for £2.5m over 30 months but it won't be completed until he's 18. He's touted as the next dusan savic and has atleast 10 for most attributes, most notably including 11 for shooting/composure and 16 for pace/accelaration! He excites me and should be dynamite by the time he's 23/25 although he will play some part as soon as he signs.

What are other peoples thoughts on him, anyone signed him before??

Also Fierro won't join my club, very frustrating! I tried to sign him as soon as FM2012 was released but had similar problems, might have to wait until next season..

Fierro will usually come when he turns 17. If you start bidding from August I'd be surprised if he said "no". His transfer value just increases the longer you wait.

Not signed Markovic - he looks very decent indeed. W/P was no problem then?

Fierro will usually come when he turns 17. If you start bidding from August I'd be surprised if he said "no". His transfer value just increases the longer you wait.

Not signed Markovic - he looks very decent indeed. W/P was no problem then?

Cool might see if I can sign him in the january transfer window then. Yep got a WP on appeal and only had to offer him like £4500/per week too :)

Just had a little scare, I'd checked the box to not show players who were unavailable and when they were all on pre-season holiday I thought my save had corrupted!

Anyway, finished my 2nd season in the Premier League. Finished 5th on 69 points, 4 points behind City in 3rd. Won the Community Shield and the League Cup for the 2nd successive season. Arsenal beat me in the FA Cup 6th Round, and I was knocked out of the Europa League in the Last 32 by Young Boys (very disappointed with this).

i dont usually post my results or anything but this season was just out of this world 2014/15

8597497.png

squad

8597500.png

fixtures

http://picturepush.com/public/8597510

http://picturepush.com/public/8597512

http://picturepush.com/public/8597513

just the euro final missing off the last pic

http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/8597515/640/Anonymous/Final.png

alberto paloschi :applause:

Paloschi.png

best way to make money is from buying european youngsters, keeping them for a year, then selling them on, especially ones you can get on frees as their value is instantly high but if you buy them their value is low and takes a while to rise.

club info

http://picturepush.com/public/8597535

thanks for the great suggestions in this thread eg. quintero & diane

if anyone wants transfer screens il upload them as well. i used fusstidious v3 final tactic

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the 2015/16 season joint 2nd in the Premier League. Won the League Cup for the 3rd time in 4 years, got knocked out of the FA Cup Quarters by Arsenal after having 3(!!) players sent off.

As far as Europe went, I finished 3rd in the Champions League Group behind Porto and Juventus, but went on to be runners up in the Europa League; beaten 1-0 by Shakhtar Donetsk.

Just took over as England coach as well as keeping my Leeds position, might freshen things up a bit! Aiming to get to at least the knockout stages of the Champions League and top 2 finish in the Prem.

Finished the 2015/16 season joint 2nd in the Premier League. Won the League Cup for the 3rd time in 4 years, got knocked out of the FA Cup Quarters by Arsenal after having 3(!!) players sent off.

As far as Europe went, I finished 3rd in the Champions League Group behind Porto and Juventus, but went on to be runners up in the Europa League; beaten 1-0 by Shakhtar Donetsk.

Just took over as England coach as well as keeping my Leeds position, might freshen things up a bit! Aiming to get to at least the knockout stages of the Champions League and top 2 finish in the Prem.

Just finnished my first season and absolutly delighted with it :D! 1st in league, won the league cup, plus reached the fa cup semi final.

Just as a reminder I play just large data base with league 2 above (13000 players) and with a sunday league reputation. I use my own created tactics, not that 'copying mr hough's tactics nonsense'.

Heres how my league campaign went. Southampton won their opening 7 games and were really strong throughout most of the campaign, with me about 10 points behind coming into december.. Then a huge slice of luck came my way :p, I wonderd why their form began to stumble with some really bad results, including a 6-1 thrashing at the hands of hull, i checked their squad and to my delight their 1st and second choice keepers where out injured and for another month atleast, so with tommy forecast in goal they were very vulnerable at the back and by the end of the season I finnished 1st, 14 points ahead of southampton, I finnished on a rather annoying 99 points :( But aint going to complain as at one point I wasn't sure If i could catch southampton.

The league cup was rather straight forward and beat chelsea in the final 5-0. Couldnt believe my luck when I realised I'd got them in the final and that **** poor team appeared again containing ake/bertrand and some other loser at the back hehe......

In the fa cup semi final I lost to bolton though, lots of injuries before then so couldn't field my strongest sqaud and Erik torres getting sent off didn't help neither!

Heres my squad:

GK Copa

LB F.Pinto

RCD Bostwick

LCD Toloi

RB Jaager

LCM Bressan

CM Jali

RCM Drahun

LCF E.Torres

CF D.Quintero

RCF A. Diane

In january I bought Romario and C.Borges who came straight into my line up and did very well replacing torres and jaager as first choice.

Other players I bought were C.Fierro/L.markovic/M.Verrati who I see as hot prospects for the future!

Next season I will probably bring a few of these in: M.Kadlec, Paloschi , Vossen, Ninis, Guarin, C.Benitez, C.vela. Wont be bringing many more in apart from 15-18 year olds to try and improve my u18 and reserve squad :)

post your team?

Moved house and been without the internet for a few weeks, sorry for the last reply!

Team is made up mostly of regens now so there's not really much point posting a screenshot.

Remaining real players:

Sergio Romero, Laurentiu Branescu

Cristian Zapata, Kyriakos Papadopoulous, Jonathan Mensah, Kurt Zouma

Cheick Tiote, Sebastian Giovinco, Ross Barkley, Shinji Kagawa

Carlos Fierro, Alberto Paloschi

:)

im a leeds fan.. love kewell from back in the day... hold no grudges at all .. condemning a man for leaving a relegated team, when he has the talent to be in a champions league side? madness... even more so if it was for an isolated incident that happened almost a decade before...

what i'd do for a leeds team with radebe, batty , kewell and viduka right now...

but still.. back to the game.

gonna start a new save today and see how i get on :)

is there anyone that have good teaminstructions and players role for a 4-2-3-1 formation with wingers please?? i always fail to create one that can be solid and stabile..just started my save with the newest transfer updates til today and im using patch 12.2,2 thanks in advice )

im a leeds fan.. love kewell from back in the day... hold no grudges at all .. condemning a man for leaving a relegated team, when he has the talent to be in a champions league side? madness... even more so if it was for an isolated incident that happened almost a decade before...

what i'd do for a leeds team with radebe, batty , kewell and viduka right now...

Looking forward to seeing the team - might fire up a new save if you come up with some belters.

On Kewell, Matty's view is widely held in Leeds.

is there anyone that have good teaminstructions and players role for a 4-2-3-1 formation with wingers please?? i always fail to create one that can be solid and stabile..just started my save with the newest transfer updates til today and im using patch 12.2,2 thanks in advice )

Why doesn't it suprise me that welshace likes harry kewell?? Id dare him to go to the peacock pub on match day and share them views! lol.

Harry kewell is an arrogant, scummy little rat. In joining galatasaray he basically urinated on the graves of those poor leeds fans who died in turkey! Also in playing for galatasaray he may have very well brought happiness to the murderes involved, in scoring a goal or playing well for galatasaray (the team the murderers support)... Sorry for strong words but this subject n harry kewell makes me sick..

i understand why fans dislike him.. i dont understand why they would hold galatasaray as a team responsible.. its as simple as that...

i cannot think of the amount of deaths that occured due to english fans in riots etc in the past .. doesnt make sense to me if players didnt come because of what a few disgusting so called fans did...

but each to their own and all that

i dont dislike the bloke, i chuffing dispise him! if i saw him in the street id have a bloody good go at beating the scum up! why hole galatasaray responsible? there fans killed two of hours! need another reason? i think its silly that you support leeds and like kewell! like someone else said, go in the peacock and say this!

as a rational human being i guess i cant justify condemning a whole city and a whole team for what a few fans did... makes very little sense to me.

do you hate anyone who happens to go on holiday to turkey as they are supporting the country? do you hate all turkish people? i dunno... there's no logic there for me

but yeah.. i'll end it here.... as a say, i get why some, including you lads don't like him,, i'm neither here are there, i love his talent on the pitch and for the years he put in at leeds and thats all that matters for me at the end of the day.

as a rational human being i guess i cant justify condemning a whole city and a whole team for what a few fans did... makes very little sense to me.

do you hate anyone who happens to go on holiday to turkey as they are supporting the country? do you hate all turkish people? i dunno... there's no logic there for me

but yeah.. i'll end it here.... as a say, i get why some, including you lads don't like him,, i'm neither here are there, i love his talent on the pitch and for the years he put in at leeds and thats all that matters for me at the end of the day.

I think that is fair enough and we'll disagree on this one.

The transfer to Liverpool and his agent's cut on the deal was already an extremely sore subject in Leeds well before his transfer to Galatasaray. His transfer there was simply unforgiveable in the eyes of the vast majority of fans in the City.

Anyway. Where is that team you have promised?

Just finnished my first season and absolutly delighted with it :D! 1st in league, won the league cup, plus reached the fa cup semi final.

Just as a reminder I play just large data base with league 2 above (13000 players) and with a sunday league reputation. I use my own created tactics, not that 'copying mr hough's tactics nonsense'.

Heres how my league campaign went. Southampton won their opening 7 games and were really strong throughout most of the campaign, with me about 10 points behind coming into december.. Then a huge slice of luck came my way :p, I wonderd why their form began to stumble with some really bad results, including a 6-1 thrashing at the hands of hull, i checked their squad and to my delight their 1st and second choice keepers where out injured and for another month atleast, so with tommy forecast in goal they were very vulnerable at the back and by the end of the season I finnished 1st, 14 points ahead of southampton, I finnished on a rather annoying 99 points :( But aint going to complain as at one point I wasn't sure If i could catch southampton.

The league cup was rather straight forward and beat chelsea in the final 5-0. Couldnt believe my luck when I realised I'd got them in the final and that **** poor team appeared again containing ake/bertrand and some other loser at the back hehe......

In the fa cup semi final I lost to bolton though, lots of injuries before then so couldn't field my strongest sqaud and Erik torres getting sent off didn't help neither!

Heres my squad:

GK Copa

LB F.Pinto

RCD Bostwick

LCD Toloi

RB Jaager

LCM Bressan

CM Jali

RCM Drahun

LCF E.Torres

CF D.Quintero

RCF A. Diane

In january I bought Romario and C.Borges who came straight into my line up and did very well replacing torres and jaager as first choice.

Other players I bought were C.Fierro/L.markovic/M.Verrati who I see as hot prospects for the future!

Next season I will probably bring a few of these in: M.Kadlec, Paloschi , Vossen, Ninis, Guarin, C.Benitez, C.vela. Wont be bringing many more in apart from 15-18 year olds to try and improve my u18 and reserve squad :)

You are changing the complete ID of your club. Don't some manangers of Leeds like to keep some of the players they have irl rather than changing the whoke squad? Not having a go, just my opinion

You are changing the complete ID of your club. Don't some manangers of Leeds like to keep some of the players they have irl rather than changing the whoke squad? Not having a go, just my opinion

O dear...... :rolleyes:

I'l keep this simple . Players come and go, the name and spirit of the club will always be the same. And if you had followed leeds last season you would understand that atleast 80% of the current leeds squad aren't fit to wear a leeds shirt.

I really do despair sometimes at the lack of footballing knowledge or common sense on these boards.

for once i'm somewhat in agreement with Jed here..

the team Leeds begin with just aren't good enough... the challenge, as far as I see it, is in building a new Leeds team, one capable of getting us back into the premiership, with a new team, with new legends :D

But I do understand what you're saying R.B... I like to keep at least a few original players around. for instance, I would keep Snoddy and Lees in my team at the very least.

for once i'm somewhat in agreement with Jed here..

the team Leeds begin with just aren't good enough... the challenge, as far as I see it, is in building a new Leeds team, one capable of getting us back into the premiership, with a new team, with new legends :D

But I do understand what you're saying R.B... I like to keep at least a few original players around. for instance, I would keep Snoddy and Lees in my team at the very least.

Used to keep johnny howson, but he's gone now :( . And ye snodgrass might have been worth keeping but I do tend to play quite narrow and with no wingers so no point in keeping him :)

O dear...... :rolleyes:

I'l keep this simple . Players come and go, the name and spirit of the club will always be the same. And if you had followed leeds last season you would understand that atleast 80% of the current leeds squad aren't fit to wear a leeds shirt.

I really do despair sometimes at the lack of footballing knowledge or common sense on these boards.

You could have been a bit more respectful like Welshace and given a polite explanation, the 2nd paragraph was uneeded. Nothing to do with lack of knowledge. I just find the challenge of playing with current squad, maybe selling a couple and buying a few but I don't like the idea of changing the whole squad in one window although I do see what you are saing if you think they are poor players but that way makes the game more challenging.

But play it how you like to enjoy it and like welshace ace said, build new legends with these :D

thought I might chime in on a couple of things raised on here.....

1. the Kewell issue

as an aussie leeds fan this has been hugely difficult for me. despise him for what he has done to leeds but am forced to reluctantly cheer for him when he pulls on the socceroos shirt. his agent (mandic) is one of the more disgusting human beings you are likely to come across. he has been rumoured (being careful here with my wording) to have demanded a % of every clubs home gate when kewell played them be paid to kewell when he came back to the a-league. he is also rumoured (again not confirmed) that he leaked anti-tim cahill stories to the media because he felt that cahill was becoming too popular in australia and threatening kewell's stature here. this is on top of the fiasco of the transfer money when kewell left leeds and the unforgiveable galatasaray move. this is very tough for me to say as a patriotic aussie (viduka is my all-time favourite player - a statement that might have to cause me to duck with some leeds fans as i know he divides opinion) but leeds fans (including me) have every right to despise kewell - him and his agent have done the wrong thing by just about everyone over the course of his career.

2. the Squad overhaul issue

This is one that I wrestle with and even mentioned further back in this thread. I appreciate the earlier poster's viewpoint about keeping some 'leeds-ness' about the squad and not just replacing every player with cheaper and better players from around the globe. I have no problem with people who do this but find that for me it does take away a bit from my experience of being leeds. I try to keep at least a core of leeds players in the squad - i find that lees, snoddy (although an achilles tear took away a huge amount of his physical stats in my game), white, howson, lonergan and mccormack can all still be useful in a squad even in the top half of the prem although I will be honest and say that i'm in my fourth year and the only reguloar starters I have out of that list are lees and aidy white. the way I try to make it feel more like leeds is to harass the board for better youth facilities and try to gather up as much youth talent as i can (15 - 17 year olds) so that at least a percentage of my match day squads are either original squad members or have come through my youth system. makes me feel better anyway.

i think im gonna try and find players that mimic some of my favourite leeds players from the past... ie , find a player that is Radebe-esque , find one that is Viduka-esque (sorry, just loved the fella) , find myself an Ian Harte-esque letback, and a Gary Kelly rightback...

might seem strange but id love to recreate a team with those type players :D

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

@Jed

i have some questions for you about your transfers with leeds.. With no budget you still bought a lot of "expensive" players . a couple of w/op players that are hard to sign just because of that damn w/p issue.. Could you tell me how you do that ? Is it because of rep of club and your own rep ?? and could post your screens for the transfers ?? and i think you bought them on a 48month term? not a big risk for your finance ??

hope you can help me as i also want to start a Leeds save :)

• 1 month later...
@Jed

i have some questions for you about your transfers with leeds.. With no budget you still bought a lot of "expensive" players . a couple of w/op players that are hard to sign just because of that damn w/p issue.. Could you tell me how you do that ? Is it because of rep of club and your own rep ?? and could post your screens for the transfers ?? and i think you bought them on a 48month term? not a big risk for your finance ??

hope you can help me as i also want to start a Leeds save :)

Sorry for the late reply mate but haven't been on here for ages due to other things and the fact I haven't played the game for ages! Also a power cut ended my last save and I didn't bother playing the game again for like a month as I was that ****** off lol.

Started a news save, won the league by a mile plus the league cup, so just rebuilding my squad for the start of season 2 :)

First of all here's my season 1 ins and outs:

IN

Copa

Jaager

Bostwick

Toloi

Caruzo

F.Pinto

Lawrie.Wilson

Jali

Drahun

Verrati

Karacan

Bressan

Quintero

E.Torres

L.Griffiths

A.Diane

OUT

Most of my squad lol.

If your not shaw how to get the most value for your players, just look at what i sold/loaned mine for on the following screenys. With the exception of mccormack n snoddy which i offerd out for £5m and took highest cash offer. You must first offer your players then offer them on loan aswel.

The way i get so many players in is i bid/offer contracts to them at all the same time (around the 12th july), when they accept I delay the transfer a week (by the time that week expires i shud have sold all my players) to which i change my transfer budget to maximum and I complete all the deals in quick sucsession :). I bought all my players on 36monthly instalments. (like to get all the money payed off a bit sooner than 48months)

I play the game with a narrow 433 formation with short passing (classic view).

I have bostwick as captain, drahun vice, with bressan on set pieces and drahun on penaltys.

I will post the screenys in a bit, would like to see is any 1 still follows this thread before i make the effort in doing so lol.

hi chaps

Just started on FM12 with the new patch as leeds, helped by an expert in the game as I’ve only really played FMH

First thing I did was get bressan…you have to go balls deep on some players….all of my buys have been based on 48 month installments

Ripped out most of the squad because it is pretty awful…sold snoddy for 5m to sunderland and bought: bressan, jail, kezman, latafa, bere, wome, kozak, melchiot, also a columbian 30yo beast of a centre half called something like masquarez….

Aidy white and pugh have both gone out on loan for a combined 1.2m…clayton, bruce, bromby, paynter, parker all gone or going

Am playing 4231 away, and 442 at home with AMR/AML – but im struggling to fill those positions…don’t rate Nunez at all…unfort missed out on Andros townsend on loan

But lost first game at millwall, won 2-0 at Macclesfield but was unconvincing…

Any help/thoughts welcome!

Archived