Sports Interactive Community
AidanofLFC

FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

hey guys long time no speak, just with the anticipation of a busy summer, made me bring out the old FM12 and start again with Leeds - I had a previous save with guisley but I gave it up when I bought Battlefield 3 for the xbox about 5 month back.

anyways, I had a catch up on here and I was intrigued with the loan fee thing, I have done it with a few players : -

Andy O'Brien 725k loan free 20k future fee to Blackpool

Clayton - purely because he is on the list in real life - 1.1mil loan fee 100k future to Reading

Bromby - 100k loan fee 10k future fee to Peterborough

Paynter - 275k loan fee 20k future fee to Ipswich

Connolly - 300k loan fee 20k future fee to Palace

I also got 3.6mil over 48 months for Ross to Wolves as I thought he was the one i could get the most for barring snoddy, also got 140k for Parker to Peterborough and eventually got rid of Bruce for 100k to Coventry, both over 48 months

I signed: -

Quintero 2.6mil

Luizao free

Bostwick 1.4mil - got told it was a lot!

Daniel Paulista free

Mouche 130k bargain of the century I think stats wise for a fee

Jaager free

Bressan 1mil

Butterfield 3.3mil bit more than I wanted to pay but thought he could be worth the price in the long run

Jali 1mil

Zezinho free

all fees over 48 months.

so my team is as follows :-

GK Lonergan/Taylor/former Blackpool Keeper

DR Jaager/Smith/Lees

DC Lees/Kisnorbo

DC Luizao/Bostwick

DL White/Pugh

DM Daniel Paulista/Brown/Jali

MRC Bressan/Butterfield

MLC Jali/Bostwick

AMR Snoddy/Rogers

AML Zezinho/Rogers

SC Quintero/Mouche/Becchio

also have the unmovables - Forsell/Vayrynen/Nunez

results so far using mr houghs latest tactic

Reserves 4-1 win

Rangers with quintero only in 2-1 win

Guisley with a couple more 4-1 win

Hearts 4-0 win

Wallsall 5-0 win

Mk dons 5-0 win

Birmingham A 3-1 win

Oldham A LC 9-0 win RAHA unrealistic I know but it is fun watching your team destroy others

hopefully this team can do it at the first attempt! looking promising after the 9-0 win albeit against L1 opposition

any good players who are on frees in january, im going well just sitting in 3rd but i feel if i dont strengthen then i dont think i will go up, not got any money so it must be frees......

Only young players with potential. There are some shortlists that you can pick up from "sort it out".

Fm12.2 update captures the S Americans whose contract had expired around 31.12; Luizao, Paulista etc.

hey guys long time no speak, just with the anticipation of a busy summer, made me bring out the old FM12 and start again with Leeds - I had a previous save with guisley but I gave it up when I bought Battlefield 3 for the xbox about 5 month back.

anyways, I had a catch up on here and I was intrigued with the loan fee thing, I have done it with a few players : -

Andy O'Brien 725k loan free 20k future fee to Blackpool

Clayton - purely because he is on the list in real life - 1.1mil loan fee 100k future to Reading

Bromby - 100k loan fee 10k future fee to Peterborough

Paynter - 275k loan fee 20k future fee to Ipswich

Connolly - 300k loan fee 20k future fee to Palace

I also got 3.6mil over 48 months for Ross to Wolves as I thought he was the one i could get the most for barring snoddy, also got 140k for Parker to Peterborough and eventually got rid of Bruce for 100k to Coventry, both over 48 months

I signed: -

Quintero 2.6mil

Luizao free

Bostwick 1.4mil - got told it was a lot!

Daniel Paulista free

Mouche 130k bargain of the century I think stats wise for a fee

Jaager free

Bressan 1mil

Butterfield 3.3mil bit more than I wanted to pay but thought he could be worth the price in the long run

Jali 1mil

Zezinho free

all fees over 48 months.

so my team is as follows :-

GK Lonergan/Taylor/former Blackpool Keeper

DR Jaager/Smith/Lees

DC Lees/Kisnorbo

DC Luizao/Bostwick

DL White/Pugh

DM Daniel Paulista/Brown/Jali

MRC Bressan/Butterfield

MLC Jali/Bostwick

AMR Snoddy/Rogers

AML Zezinho/Rogers

SC Quintero/Mouche/Becchio

also have the unmovables - Forsell/Vayrynen/Nunez

results so far using mr houghs latest tactic

Reserves 4-1 win

Rangers with quintero only in 2-1 win

Guisley with a couple more 4-1 win

Hearts 4-0 win

Wallsall 5-0 win

Mk dons 5-0 win

Birmingham A 3-1 win

Oldham A LC 9-0 win RAHA unrealistic I know but it is fun watching your team destroy others

hopefully this team can do it at the first attempt! looking promising after the 9-0 win albeit against L1 opposition

Hello mate.

I think that's a very good side. I'd suggest that you play Pugh regularly at DL. If you do then you'll sell him easily come November.

You may just need another ST. Two alternatives are Diane (free) who's possibly better than Mouche or loan Sanogo (£100k fee). He's unavailable to play in a League game until about 22.8 but can play in friendlies. When he comes on loan enquire, then respond with an offer £1M over 48 months. Quality ST for £1M over 48. A steal really Geesus.

Just into January 2013 and we're going well, Champions League slot looks a possibility. I may have got lucky with a takeover by a Russian billionaire too. He's promising a £56M transfer budget if his takeover is successful. :) Watch me get Lorimer. :(

Edit

Russain billionaire deal falls apart. Lorimer here we come. :(

Second Edit

Takeover is definitely off. Just got thumped 5-1 by City, still got a lot of work to do on the side. Giving regular games to Jackson Martinez with a view to move him on for a big 48 month deal in the Summer. His sale and a couple of others would balance the 48 month deficit.

one of my scout's recommended a young lad from south africa. looks decent got a 4.5 star recommendation only $200K seems a bargain. anyway i bought him during 2013 season but had really forgotten about it because he couldn't come until 2015 when he turned 18. So, 1/1/15 rolls around and I'm reminded of him as he rocks up to the club. I have a look - heading 20, jumping 19 all other key stats looking good. looks like i have a gem. I check out his info and there it is - 'Labelled the next Lucas Radebe'. A new Chief!!!!!!!!! I am now sticking with this save for the next 10 years just to see how he turns out!

one of my scout's recommended a young lad from south africa. looks decent got a 4.5 star recommendation only $200K seems a bargain. anyway i bought him during 2013 season but had really forgotten about it because he couldn't come until 2015 when he turned 18. So, 1/1/15 rolls around and I'm reminded of him as he rocks up to the club. I have a look - heading 20, jumping 19 all other key stats looking good. looks like i have a gem. I check out his info and there it is - 'Labelled the next Lucas Radebe'. A new Chief!!!!!!!!! I am now sticking with this save for the next 10 years just to see how he turns out!

Judging by those heading and jumping stats he might be pretty decent. What do your coaches say about him?

cant offload becchio in january, any tips?

Just repeatedly transfer list him & offer him out over and over again. It may work eventually. Otherwise you'll have to give him games. If you do, you'll sell him easily enough come June I expect.

because i thought my sacking was harsh, i added a new manager and went up as play off champions :)

any players that are worth buying etc etc.... board set initial budgets of 6.14 million...

hey guys not been on since friday morning. my last game was astounding to say the least. I had won every game so far and had Burnley away as my 5th game of the season.

By 32 minutes we were 5-0 up and I'm thinking this is getting silly - I went to make a brew, came back and half time had come 5-2. they got a pen early in the second half to make it 5-3 then scored on 64 mins to make it 5-4 and I'm thinking what a load of crap, all my team were crapping it. In the end Burnley had more shots than us but fortunately Jaager popped up to 'scrape' the win 6-4 - this is the first game that wasn't a cup final that I literally was nervous about losing or at least drawing, I mean that would have been a record for a come back surely. esson learned then, clearly need better than Lees unless he improves.

I find Leeds way to hard restarted 6 time with good loan players to back up. Can't make the cut. My start off tactics are good but then I'm lucky to get a draw even when I change my tactics. Just to hard for me. No how son makes it worse

Thinking of starting again... will have to make a few changes though.. such as making ken bates likely to move... cant stand to play at a club of his.. even the mighty leeds...

will update with transfers etc if i get one going

Thinking of starting again... will have to make a few changes though.. such as making ken bates likely to move... cant stand to play at a club of his.. even the mighty leeds...

will update with transfers etc if i get one going

He's just sold out to a Russian Billionaire at the end of the second season in my save. Stadium immediately expanded, training & youth facilities upgraded, board agrees to buy stadium, £80M cash at hand etc. In a (perverse) way I'm kind of missing the difficulty of life with Ken.

yeah i certainly don't want a billionaire sugar daddy.. that would make the game pointless for me tbh :(

its happened in my southampton game too :/

Could be happening in real life too :D
I've been told off talks going on to put are mighty club back on track

I've been told off talks going on to put are mighty club back on track

As soon as possible please.

Club Statement on LUFC website - also on Yorkshire Evening Post website!!!

Talks are ongoing with 2 parties - bye bye Bates hopefully!!!

yeah i certainly don't want a billionaire sugar daddy.. that would make the game pointless for me tbh :(

its happened in my southampton game too :/

When De Moraes will come as Ass Man and M'Vila is talking up a move to Leeds things have certainly changed. Infact its ruined the game for me. I think I'm going to have to start again.

on fm 10 i did a massive save with leeds got them to chamions league glory, since that game i really cannot be arsed, i finish the transfers and just get really bored :( any ideas why?

As soon as possible please.

Club Statement on LUFC website - also on Yorkshire Evening Post website!!!

Talks are ongoing with 2 parties - bye bye Bates hopefully!!!

if bates leaves i'll eat my hat.. he'll want a place on the board, if not stay on as chairman..

if bates leaves i'll eat my hat.. he'll want a place on the board, if not stay on as chairman..

Bates is supposed to be ill - so hopefully he will take the money & also Lorimer with him!!

Reported on YEP website today that an American company (Maple Leaf?) & a Kuwaiti buisnessman are the 2 interested parties.

Nikko! or anyone...

Can you recommend a decent right back (Nov 1st season), someone who I could maybe make some coin from after a year or two. I found this guy but I can't scout him as yet :(

2ugcity.jpg

Nikko! or anyone...

Can you recommend a decent right back (Nov 1st season), someone who I could maybe make some coin from after a year or two. I found this guy but I can't scout him as yet :(

2ugcity.jpg

Try Enar Jaager

hey guys is there any screenshot uploaders that are free that you don't have to register, just been on imageshack for the first time in ages and now i have to register :S

Want to show my 1st season results etc.

which one did you use SGartz?

oh and on that Wallace guy, looks mint but really doubt he will get a WP at such a young age but you never know

I hope these work

So I managed to win the league in my first season with MY record for points (still havent had a season unbeaten, how anyone has done it is a genius) didn't quite beat my GD though, I had a plus 103 on my guisley save on fm 2011.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3481774901/Leeds_championship_table.png

this is my Squad, as you can see Lonergan had a pretty good season, a gk averaging 7 for the first time in my life - 60 games too. also you can see there has been a lot of rotation, it was hard to do this with the 3 strikers as well as becchio so i could get rid in january because of this, Mouche had a paddy, I gave him a chance, and he did ok, but when you have a run afterwards that included 4 cup games of importance in 5 games I just rotated Quintero and Sanogo.

Luizao was an absolute rock after a shakey couple of early games, the only centre back I brought in to rotate with Lees and Kisnorbo who both performed quite well.

Bostwick can strike a ball cant he? He believe it or not was my most reliable and crucial player to say he came from lowly stevenage, only had an average 7.04 but he is as good in DC as in CM and if there is a crisis at either full back, he slotted in quite comfortably at RB while smith or later renan shifted to LB.

Robbie Rodgers suprised me on how good he actually is before he got injuredfor 4 month with a broken foot.

Zezinho is quite simply CLASS for a free, a great freebie and on only 3,800 a week, not as prolific as rodgers it seemed but always started counter attacks with his pace and did score the odd crucial goal.

Snodgrass - I so wanted to give him the player of the season, but I couldn't after quintero's season, you will see screenies further down.

Jali and Bressan are both bargains at a million a piece, I rotated both with butterfield and bostwick and I was forced to play 16 year old Ruiz when Jali went to the African Cup - the only downside. but Ruiz did ok when played with bressan especially.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3228492989/Leeds_championship_winning_squad.png

Here he is, the Legend that is Darwin Quintero, The most goals a single player has ever scored for me, eclipsing 51 I think it was that kikin Fonseca (remember him?) got me a few years back. Nothing I can really say because the stats say it all, I wish I could see how many goals he got coming on as a sub, I just looked at his form going back until mid feb and in that time he got 6 goals in the 7 games he came on in, the earliest he came on was on 52 minutes v cardiff and got a hatrick, but I know he scored a few braces coming off the bench in an hour of need.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3593194351/The_legend.png

Again the screenie tells it all. he did take the right side corners but look how many goals he got as well. the most a winger of mine has ever got.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3881007917/The_assist_master.png

for me Bostwick is a must buy. Obviously Quintero, I tried that thing with Sanogo Nicko but I had to shell out 3 million unfortunately, Butterfield did well but he took the left corners when bressan wasn't on - I ususally subbed one for the other - he was quite pricey and I was only wanting to pay 2.5mil initially but he is young so hopefully will improve a lot, I rotated Daniel Paulista who was a great freebie with Michael Brown, may need to replace both for next season though, The 2 lads at the bottom and Conor McAleney are youngsters, McAleney isn't going to do much only 2 and half star but was offered to me on a free so I took him as initially he was dubbed a quality played by mervin day, he is worth 1.8mil so might be able to make a bit on him. The others are both 16 and both 4 star potetial so I thought why not? a bit more than I wanted to pay for ruiz but his vesatility was the reason I persisted, if you have a look at their stats Ruiz isn't actually that bad whereas Ibarbia needs time. lastly Jaager is a Great freebie but not as good as renan but I did pay 5 mil for renan and Jaager was free and 8k a week. Think thats everyone covered. Lastly as You can see I did do that Loan thingy which I didn't want to do initially but no-one would buy them outright. But after all said and done I was actually making a profit despite all the 48 month deals of about 300k - I am currently 41k under wage budget so this obviously was a key factor for half of that.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3350389666/transfers_first_season.png

key games in the first half -

6-4 v burnley that I already mentioned

the 2 losses which I cant get over because whilst Cardiff were top at the time they were poor and finished 18th and bottom of the league Portsmouth - this after the awesomeness that was the 7-0 win against Citeh

1-0 v wolves, that was 1 of the few games we struggled to create chances but in the second half managed to just pip them in the chances created with DQ scoring

6-0 v Southampton 1st v second and we pasted them to open the gap and actually start to pull away.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1796611290/first_half_fixtures.png

Key games in the second half of the season

Plymouth 3-2 all the youngsters played (Ibarbia, Ruiz, Gimpel, Sanogo) took all but gimpel off at some stage and put on DQ Aidy White and Bostwick - he got his first goal that was a Thunderous goal from 30 yards to equalise!

Both Bolton games although the 2nd leg Robinson got sent off after 20 mins.

3-3 with Chelsea 3-1 up when Drogba came on and to my suprise missed the easiest of his chances to win it at the end after getting 2 goals - for some reason he didnt feature in the replay at all and we won 4-2 and missed a pen

harshly 3 days after we had to play Villa in the 6th round and lost even though we played them off the park 16 attempts to their 3 which all 3 were after 2 saves from lonergan and the ball fell kindly for an open net tap in :(

and of course the League Cup final v Burnley of all teams that we outplayed but found ourselfs 2-1 down at half time then 3-2 down then snoddy replied instantly, and then big Yaya struck in the last 5 minutes, European football next season for the first time in the championship since I think FM2007!

the loss to leicester spoilled that fact we won the league

https://rapidshare.com/files/3273993284/2nd_half_fixtures_half_fixtures.png

the Last 4 games resulted in hindering but not ruining in the end Blackpools quest for 2nd spot, this was due to beating Southampton with pretty much my strongest 11 barring Bressan minus 1 after adam smith got sent off on 4 minutes. but a nice little 3-1 win and Blackpool snuck in from forth to pip Burnley who drew with Millwall and Soton who obviously lost to Leeds. I'm currently sat with soton losing the first leg agaisnt brum 2-1 and the other is about to be played - Burnley and Bristol C.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3210372928/2nd_half_fixtures_last_4_games.png

I know most people would think, oh its just a load of Youngsters but it wasn't, Which is why I was so suprised at the win! 17 shots to their 6 - this was supposed to be the toughest test when you look at the teams I played afterwards.

https://rapidshare.com/files/4136893367/7-0_v_citeh.png

so there it is, took me forever to type it, I personally think this team will cope in the prem, I do think I need though, a new keeper got my eyes on Ochoa but Swansea have gone down, is Worm worth getting? or anyone else?

I also think I need another Centre back at least and maybe a LB - Should I try and sign Smith (I only kept him because of the cheap wages but turned out to be really good) If I sell Jaager which I plan to, Probably a back up for RB or again Smith?

Then Unless I drop Jali to DM I will need a back up as Michael Brown will be going and Daniel Paulister I think Might struggle? Jali at DM then another MC? then maybe to rotate a AMR, Rogers is great in the sense he covers both flanks, but maybe another option?

Just like real life 2 from Bolton, Blackburn and QPR are fighting to stay in the prem, Wolves 7th :S anyone worth taking from either of those 3 or Swansea? How good does Caulker turn out? looks good already at 20 if I can prise him away from spurs?

If theres anyone else I thank you in advance :)

How can you make the screenies bigger Elland mate? or anyone else?

the screenies are fine mate.. you can click the 'open in browser' button on the right hand side to make them big on rapidshare..

caulker is a top class cb if you can get him... check craig dawson too.. very decent english cb

Started a save with Leeds. Not really managed to get into FM2012 but hopefully this will do the job.

Trying to offload as many as possible as I don't really rate the current squad. Looking to sign a few players mentioned in this thread (Diane, Jali, Luizao, Bressan) and also having a look to see who I can find myself.

2 questions. First of all, can anyone recommend any staff that I should sign to improve my backroom staff? And secondly, has anyone had any experience with Rivaldo? Really cheap, wages are peanuts and his mental/technical stats are superb?

Update.

Transfers out:

Adam Clayton 180k loan fee

Paul Connolly 26k loan fee

Aidan White 750k

Leigh Bromby 30k loan fee

Billy Painter 70k loan fee

Ben Parker loan

Alex Bruce 160k

Lloyd Sam free

Transfers in:

Rivaldo free

Luizao free

Amara Diane free

Enar Jaager free

Deyvid Saccon free

Zezinho free

Bressan 1mil

Yaya Sanogo 85k loan fee

Currently 6th in the League, P10 W6 D1 L3 GF24 GA12 so not too bad, although I'd prefer to be a bit higher!

Nikko! or anyone...

2ugcity.jpg

Sorry for delay in replying, I've not been on here for a while.

From memory, Wallace does get a w/p. He also has a very nice minimum release fee as I recall. The other young Brazilian to look at is Romario. He should get a w/p too, but you may need to keep trying for it!

Elland is right though, Jaager is probably the best you can get immediately at game start.

I hope these work

So I managed to win the league in my first season with MY record for points (still havent had a season unbeaten, how anyone has done it is a genius) didn't quite beat my GD though, I had a plus 103 on my guisley save on fm 2011.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3481774901/Leeds_championship_table.png

this is my Squad, as you can see Lonergan had a pretty good season, a gk averaging 7 for the first time in my life - 60 games too. also you can see there has been a lot of rotation, it was hard to do this with the 3 strikers as well as becchio so i could get rid in january because of this, Mouche had a paddy, I gave him a chance, and he did ok, but when you have a run afterwards that included 4 cup games of importance in 5 games I just rotated Quintero and Sanogo.

Luizao was an absolute rock after a shakey couple of early games, the only centre back I brought in to rotate with Lees and Kisnorbo who both performed quite well.

Bostwick can strike a ball cant he? He believe it or not was my most reliable and crucial player to say he came from lowly stevenage, only had an average 7.04 but he is as good in DC as in CM and if there is a crisis at either full back, he slotted in quite comfortably at RB while smith or later renan shifted to LB.

Robbie Rodgers suprised me on how good he actually is before he got injuredfor 4 month with a broken foot.

Zezinho is quite simply CLASS for a free, a great freebie and on only 3,800 a week, not as prolific as rodgers it seemed but always started counter attacks with his pace and did score the odd crucial goal.

Snodgrass - I so wanted to give him the player of the season, but I couldn't after quintero's season, you will see screenies further down.

Jali and Bressan are both bargains at a million a piece, I rotated both with butterfield and bostwick and I was forced to play 16 year old Ruiz when Jali went to the African Cup - the only downside. but Ruiz did ok when played with bressan especially.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3228492989/Leeds_championship_winning_squad.png

Here he is, the Legend that is Darwin Quintero, The most goals a single player has ever scored for me, eclipsing 51 I think it was that kikin Fonseca (remember him?) got me a few years back. Nothing I can really say because the stats say it all, I wish I could see how many goals he got coming on as a sub, I just looked at his form going back until mid feb and in that time he got 6 goals in the 7 games he came on in, the earliest he came on was on 52 minutes v cardiff and got a hatrick, but I know he scored a few braces coming off the bench in an hour of need.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3593194351/The_legend.png

Again the screenie tells it all. he did take the right side corners but look how many goals he got as well. the most a winger of mine has ever got.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3881007917/The_assist_master.png

for me Bostwick is a must buy. Obviously Quintero, I tried that thing with Sanogo Nicko but I had to shell out 3 million unfortunately, Butterfield did well but he took the left corners when bressan wasn't on - I ususally subbed one for the other - he was quite pricey and I was only wanting to pay 2.5mil initially but he is young so hopefully will improve a lot, I rotated Daniel Paulista who was a great freebie with Michael Brown, may need to replace both for next season though, The 2 lads at the bottom and Conor McAleney are youngsters, McAleney isn't going to do much only 2 and half star but was offered to me on a free so I took him as initially he was dubbed a quality played by mervin day, he is worth 1.8mil so might be able to make a bit on him. The others are both 16 and both 4 star potetial so I thought why not? a bit more than I wanted to pay for ruiz but his vesatility was the reason I persisted, if you have a look at their stats Ruiz isn't actually that bad whereas Ibarbia needs time. lastly Jaager is a Great freebie but not as good as renan but I did pay 5 mil for renan and Jaager was free and 8k a week. Think thats everyone covered. Lastly as You can see I did do that Loan thingy which I didn't want to do initially but no-one would buy them outright. But after all said and done I was actually making a profit despite all the 48 month deals of about 300k - I am currently 41k under wage budget so this obviously was a key factor for half of that.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3350389666/transfers_first_season.png

key games in the first half -

6-4 v burnley that I already mentioned

the 2 losses which I cant get over because whilst Cardiff were top at the time they were poor and finished 18th and bottom of the league Portsmouth - this after the awesomeness that was the 7-0 win against Citeh

1-0 v wolves, that was 1 of the few games we struggled to create chances but in the second half managed to just pip them in the chances created with DQ scoring

6-0 v Southampton 1st v second and we pasted them to open the gap and actually start to pull away.

https://rapidshare.com/files/1796611290/first_half_fixtures.png

Key games in the second half of the season

Plymouth 3-2 all the youngsters played (Ibarbia, Ruiz, Gimpel, Sanogo) took all but gimpel off at some stage and put on DQ Aidy White and Bostwick - he got his first goal that was a Thunderous goal from 30 yards to equalise!

Both Bolton games although the 2nd leg Robinson got sent off after 20 mins.

3-3 with Chelsea 3-1 up when Drogba came on and to my suprise missed the easiest of his chances to win it at the end after getting 2 goals - for some reason he didnt feature in the replay at all and we won 4-2 and missed a pen

harshly 3 days after we had to play Villa in the 6th round and lost even though we played them off the park 16 attempts to their 3 which all 3 were after 2 saves from lonergan and the ball fell kindly for an open net tap in :(

and of course the League Cup final v Burnley of all teams that we outplayed but found ourselfs 2-1 down at half time then 3-2 down then snoddy replied instantly, and then big Yaya struck in the last 5 minutes, European football next season for the first time in the championship since I think FM2007!

the loss to leicester spoilled that fact we won the league

https://rapidshare.com/files/3273993284/2nd_half_fixtures_half_fixtures.png

the Last 4 games resulted in hindering but not ruining in the end Blackpools quest for 2nd spot, this was due to beating Southampton with pretty much my strongest 11 barring Bressan minus 1 after adam smith got sent off on 4 minutes. but a nice little 3-1 win and Blackpool snuck in from forth to pip Burnley who drew with Millwall and Soton who obviously lost to Leeds. I'm currently sat with soton losing the first leg agaisnt brum 2-1 and the other is about to be played - Burnley and Bristol C.

https://rapidshare.com/files/3210372928/2nd_half_fixtures_last_4_games.png

I know most people would think, oh its just a load of Youngsters but it wasn't, Which is why I was so suprised at the win! 17 shots to their 6 - this was supposed to be the toughest test when you look at the teams I played afterwards.

https://rapidshare.com/files/4136893367/7-0_v_citeh.png

so there it is, took me forever to type it, I personally think this team will cope in the prem, I do think I need though, a new keeper got my eyes on Ochoa but Swansea have gone down, is Worm worth getting? or anyone else?

I also think I need another Centre back at least and maybe a LB - Should I try and sign Smith (I only kept him because of the cheap wages but turned out to be really good) If I sell Jaager which I plan to, Probably a back up for RB or again Smith?

Then Unless I drop Jali to DM I will need a back up as Michael Brown will be going and Daniel Paulister I think Might struggle? Jali at DM then another MC? then maybe to rotate a AMR, Rogers is great in the sense he covers both flanks, but maybe another option?

Just like real life 2 from Bolton, Blackburn and QPR are fighting to stay in the prem, Wolves 7th :S anyone worth taking from either of those 3 or Swansea? How good does Caulker turn out? looks good already at 20 if I can prise him away from spurs?

If theres anyone else I thank you in advance :)

How can you make the screenies bigger Elland mate? or anyone else?

Superb update that Geesus - a quality read.

Not sure where you are with your game, but in terms of GK's? Rene Adler always seems to run his contract down and if you get lucky you can pick him up on a free if his contract expires. There's also a GK with Gabon (can't remember his name), but he's a shed load of international caps and gets a w/p. Do you remember Juan Pablo Carrizo? He runs his contract down too, but like Adler is hard to pick up. If you are paying a fee then the best that you can probably get is ter Stegen. He's very pricy but unbelievable really.

Started a save with Leeds. Not really managed to get into FM2012 but hopefully this will do the job.

Trying to offload as many as possible as I don't really rate the current squad. Looking to sign a few players mentioned in this thread (Diane, Jali, Luizao, Bressan) and also having a look to see who I can find myself.

2 questions. First of all, can anyone recommend any staff that I should sign to improve my backroom staff? And secondly, has anyone had any experience with Rivaldo? Really cheap, wages are peanuts and his mental/technical stats are superb?

I tend to go for quality Brazilian back room staff (what a surprise), but you'll need Brazilian players in your database for most of them to show I expect? Look at Eugenio Carlos de Souza and Omar Feitosa (will take a couple of months before he'll come) to start with. Gilmar Francisco will come too and he's a top scout. Ceolin will come as well but you can't meet his wages to begin with. Also have a look at Paul Winsper and Giambattista Venturati.

I tend to go for quality Brazilian back room staff (what a surprise), but you'll need Brazilian players in your database for most of them to show I expect? Look at Eugenio Carlos de Souza and Omar Feitosa (will take a couple of months before he'll come) to start with. Gilmar Francisco will come too and he's a top scout. Ceolin will come as well but you can't meet his wages to begin with. Also have a look at Paul Winsper and Giambattista Venturati.

Thanks Nicko. Had a look and only Gilmar Francisco and Giambattista Venturati will come, both look alot better than what I have so far though :)

Finished 4th which was not brilliant but as long as I get promoted I'm happy. Played both legs of the semi winning 4-0 away and 6-0 at home against Middlebrough, over the moon with this! Rivaldo scored 4 over the 2 legs which was a great bonus.

Next up in the final, Reading.

Beat Reading 4-3 AET. Was 2-0 up courtesy of 2 goals from Snoddy, went 3-2 behind before Snoddy bagged his hatrick in the 88th minute. Despite having 10 min (used all 3 subs and had an injured player) I managed to score again, Luizao with his 13th goal of the season from centre back :)

Made my first couple of signings for the upcoming prem season:

Kurt Zouma (15 mil)

Carlos Fierro (1 mil)

Beat Reading 4-3 AET. Was 2-0 up courtesy of 2 goals from Snoddy, went 3-2 behind before Snoddy bagged his hatrick in the 88th minute. Despite having 10 min (used all 3 subs and had an injured player) I managed to score again, Luizao with his 13th goal of the season from centre back :)

Made my first couple of signings for the upcoming prem season:

Kurt Zouma (15 mil)

Carlos Fierro (1 mil)

Tense stuff that, but great result! Two top signings there, possibly two of the best young players in the game?

Thanks Nicko. Had a look and only Gilmar Francisco and Giambattista Venturati will come, both look alot better than what I have so far though :)

Finished 4th which was not brilliant but as long as I get promoted I'm happy. Played both legs of the semi winning 4-0 away and 6-0 at home against Middlebrough, over the moon with this! Rivaldo scored 4 over the 2 legs which was a great bonus.

Next up in the final, Reading.

Just to add, here are the backroom staff I use when I get to the Prem:

Ivan Couto.

Eugenio Carlos de Souza.

Paulo Cesar Batista dos Santos.

Anselmo Sbraglia.

Oscar Rodriguez.

Fernando Moraes.

Omar Feitosa.

Darlan Schneider.

Quintiliano Lemos Filho.

Ass Man:

Roberto Rojas (he'll come straight away but you can't meet his wages) - good all rounder.

Physios:

File.

Altamiro Bottino.

Scouts

Gilmar Francisco.

Alexandre Ceolin.

Edit. Coaches Feitosa and Couto will actually come to you in the Championship. As will Scouts Francisco and Ceolin.

Nice list Nicko, will have a look through and see who's willing to come.

Update in the Prem after 3 games:

Currently 7th in the League. First game was a 2-0 loss to City, followed by a 2-0 home win against Sunderland and a 4-1 win against Bolton away. Very pleased with this start :)

Full list of transfers in:

Kurt Zouma (48 months, 15m)

Luca Falsaperta (4.5k)

Yaya Sanogo (350k)

Cheick Tiote (48 months, 10m)

Michel Vorm(48 months, 11.25m) Probably a bit expensive? Although he's averaged 7.43 so far

Cesar Azpilicueta (650k loan fee)

Dodo (48 months, 10m)

Aleksander Kolarov (1.1m loan fee)

Carlos Fierro (1m)

Star players so far are Sanogo (7.92) Sacconi (7.88) Bressan (7.84) Kurt Zouma (7.80).

Nice list Nicko, will have a look through and see who's willing to come.

Update in the Prem after 3 games:

Currently 7th in the League. First game was a 2-0 loss to City, followed by a 2-0 home win against Sunderland and a 4-1 win against Bolton away. Very pleased with this start :)

Full list of transfers in:

Kurt Zouma (48 months, 15m)

Luca Falsaperta (4.5k)

Yaya Sanogo (350k)

Cheick Tiote (48 months, 10m)

Michel Vorm(48 months, 11.25m) Probably a bit expensive? Although he's averaged 7.43 so far

Cesar Azpilicueta (650k loan fee)

Dodo (48 months, 10m)

Aleksander Kolarov (1.1m loan fee)

Carlos Fierro (1m)

Star players so far are Sanogo (7.92) Sacconi (7.88) Bressan (7.84) Kurt Zouma (7.80).

Going well!

How difficult was it to sign Zouma, meeting his wage demands & agent fee etc? Good deal on Falsaperta, how did you manage to get him for that bargain price?

Going well!

How difficult was it to sign Zouma, meeting his wage demands & agent fee etc? Good deal on Falsaperta, how did you manage to get him for that bargain price?

Not overly difficult IIRC, transfer fee took abit of sorting out, wages are 28k a week, can't remember having any problems with the agent.

As for Falsaperta, noticed his name mentioned on here and searched for him, couldn't believe he was only valued at 4.5k. Put a bid in which was accepted and only wanted £350 per week, bargain! Sent him on loan to Luton for 3 months as he still looks a good few years off being a starter for me and the experience should do him good.

1st Jan 2013 and I'm bottom of the league :(

Played 19 Won 5 Drew 1 Lost 13 GD -19

Started so well, thought I would make the top half of the table easily, doubt I'll even stay up now!

1st Jan 2013 and I'm bottom of the league :(

Played 19 Won 5 Drew 1 Lost 13 GD -19

Started so well, thought I would make the top half of the table easily, doubt I'll even stay up now!

Are you using one of the "plug and play" type tactics from the tactics upload thread? I think the difficulty level went up a bit for 12.2 and the Prem is tough, especially first season up.

Not going to lie, I have no idea what a plug and play tactic is but I am using one from the upload thread so most probably.

Downloaded a 4-3-3 tactic (Brobs17 Ultimate tactic) and I'm currently on a 12 match unbeaten run (6 wins, 6 draws.. 5 of them wins in my last 5) and just thrashed Stoke away from home 6-0 so seems to be doing the trick for now.

Up to 14th in the League, in the 5th round of the FA Cup and the final of the League Cup so things are starting to look a bit rosier :)