FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

AidanofLFC

Hey guys.

Started a new Leeds save but Bates has been removed and I input a Russian billionaire. I have about 18m or so to win the league this year.

I saw the recommendations on the previous page but as I have more money to spend than usual, does anybody have suggestions for perhaps more expensive players that would be willing to play in the Championship? Cheers.

Quintero, Jackson Martinez, Bressan, Andile Jali, Teko Modise, Augusta (or Augusto can't remember) Fernandez, Felipe Anderson, Yaya Sanogo (unavailable until about 22.8) will all come and are/will be Prem quality.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm just about done with my transfers in preparation for the Prem, and its hard work bringing anyone in with my current budgets and transfer fees. So far I've signed:

Yohann Thuram-Ulien (GK) - free

Remi Mulumba (MC) - free

Joe Mattock (DL) - £2.5m

Craig Cathcart (DC) - £4m

Aron Gunnarsson (MC) - £4m

Tomas Rincon (MC) - £1.8m

and the legendary

Carlos Fierro (ST) - £2m

Pretty happy to get Rincon as he looks class as a defensive CM, and of course Fierro.

But overall I think my squad is still fairly weak, it's going to be a tough season! Just aiming to scrape survival and then hopefully I can start getting some better funds and start attracting some better quality players.

Edit - played through to January in my first season in the Prem and things are going much better than I expected, sitting in 8th in the League.

So I was able to reassess my expectations for the season to a mid table finish, get a bit more transfer budget and bring in a few players to improve the squad, including:

Martin Milec (ML) - £2m

and a regen DR

Am now hoping I can improve slightly in the 2nd half of the season and go for a top 6 finish!

Well done on the promotion Coen! Good luck in the Premiership. :)

Quintero, Jackson Martinez, Bressan, Andile Jali, Teko Modise, Augusta (or Augusto can't remember) Fernandez, Felipe Anderson, Yaya Sanogo (unavailable until about 22.8) will all come and are/will be Prem quality.

Thanks.

Quintero, Modise, Martinez did not get work permits though. :( Really wanted Quintero. Fernandez, Jali and Anderson already moved elsewhere. Signed up Sanogo, though.

Update on squad for 2nd season, signed a few players on cheap deals/frees as they were out of contract:

Glen Loovens (DC) - free

Vito Mannone (GK) - £650k

Marian Kello (GK) - free

Leandro Armani (ST) - £750k

Filip Modelski (DR) - free

Ross Jenkins (MC) - £250k

Florian Raspentino (AMR) - free

my old friend Torstein Andersen Aase (ST) - £750k

Which means squad is now

Mannone/Kello

Mitja Viler/Luiz Martins

Glen Loovens/Tom Lees

Nicolas Sanchez/Monty Gimpel

Adam Smith/Modelski

Danny Pugh/Aidy White

Bjarni Vidarsson/Adam Clayton

Daniel Paulista/Ross Jenkins

Snoddy/Raspentino

Etien Velikonja/Armani

Luciano Becchio/Andersen Aase

Lets see if this lot are good enough to keep me in a job. :D[/quote

Did you change your league setup to get Aase?

Hey guys.

Started a new Leeds save but Bates has been removed and I input a Russian billionaire. I have about 18m or so to win the league this year.

I saw the recommendations on the previous page but as I have more money to spend than usual, does anybody have suggestions for perhaps more expensive players that would be willing to play in the Championship? Cheers.

I might do this as well tbh, im really not into FM this year, I done this last year and i loved it....might be what i need to get myself back into it.

Did you change your league setup to get Aase?

Didn't change the leagues I have loaded, but I select all "players from top leagues in Europe" in the player database which means the players are in the database even without the leagues being selected.

Thanks.

Quintero, Modise, Martinez did not get work permits though. :( Really wanted Quintero. Fernandez, Jali and Anderson already moved elsewhere. Signed up Sanogo, though.

Quintero/Martinez/Modise have always got w/p's on 12/12.1/12.2 games of mine. Always right at game start though. If you're a bit further into the game then I'd look at ter Stegen/Kurt Zouma/Mateo Kovacic/Niang (check spelling of Kova) as I think they're possibly the best young players in the game that will come to Leeds.

Well I completed my 3rd season on this latest save, and ended up finishing 8th in the Premier League which I was happy enough with.

From now I will probably go down my usual route of only signing promising young players (max age 19-20), which as I'm about to start my 4th season basically means I'll only be signing regens from now on. It'll no doubt take a few seasons for these regens to develop well enough for the team to be challenging for top 4, but I'm fine with that as it's the way I prefer to play. :)

In fact about half of my first-team squad is already regens, but at the moment these tend to be back up players rather than first choice in most positions - there are still some "real" players in my squad, which I might as well list as they've all been decent signings for mid table Premier League:

GK - Yohann Thuram-Ulien, Jack Butland

DC - Craig Cathcart

ML - Martin Milec

MC - Tomas Rincon, Vincent Pajot, Vladyslav Kalytvyntsev

MR - Snodgrass

ST - Carlos Fierro, Tomislav Kis, Torstein Andersen Aase

But that's it, and I'm not sure how much longer these players can hold down a place in the first-team squad - apart from Fierro who I see keeping his spot as my main striker for years to come, in all other positions I have young regen players with more potential (at least according to my assistant manager) than the "real" players and so these regens will probably end up taking their spots in the first team squad at some point in the next few seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my Championship winning team, beat chelsea in the league cup final 7-0 in my first season.

GK Copa

LB Bordachev

CD Toloi

CD Bostwick ©

RB Jaager

LCM Bressan

CM Jali

RCM Drahun

LCF L.griffiths/mouche

CF Quintero

RCF A.Diane

Others:

Verrati

Caruzzo

nacho (loan)

paulista (F)

ness (loan)

Best leeds team possible in your first season :p

...now explain to everyone in here how you managed to buy all those jed .. should be interesting lol

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002729289/screenshot/541800134211827218?tab=public

I've told you before welshace, rather than spamming every thread I post in, if you want help playing the game I will be happy to help you :)

I feel sorry for you if you have nothing better to do with your time than wait for me to post in a thread then try and belittle it... :rolleyes:

not at all jed.. i post quite often in this thread...

there's no hostility here....

sharing your experiences with leeds is what this thread is for...

im 100% everyone will be most interested in your 'style' of management..

Just playing the game the way it is. If I can't get a transfer fee and the AI only offers me loans, what's a man to do?? And any good manager would try and squeeze the highest

FEE out of a team :)

Obviously this is an issue, I really hope on next years version clubs offer you transfer fees like £3m to buy mccormack or £3m to buy white for example.. Much better for me as I won't be playing these playes at all and would certainly like them off my wage budget, rather than them hanging around like excess baggage.

I set myself very high standards on football manager, so the bulk of my squad must be replaced by better new players, but all done with the confines of the game/ what the game allows you.

These are the key things I stick to in my game and have always done:

1. Never reload, the biggest sin on football manager.

2.Always find my own players and own tactics.

3.Don't look in the editer or change anything.

4. Just for a bit of fun always have an english captain

5.Start with sunday league reputation

6.Only load the english league so am limited to 13000 players, to try and find new talent from.

So any one hating should wind there neck in, I am only playing the game infront of me and with certain limitations that make the game much harder to play than a lot of you guys :)

This is my Championship winning team, beat chelsea in the league cup final 7-0 in my first season.

GK Copa

LB Bordachev

CD Toloi

CD Bostwick ©

RB Jaager

LCM Bressan

CM Jali

RCM Drahun

LCF L.griffiths/mouche

CF Quintero

RCF A.Diane

Others:

Verrati

Caruzzo

nacho (loan)

paulista (F)

ness (loan)

Diane is an excellent free signing, great find that. What did you negotiate his wages down to? Also, which Paulista is it please?

Cheers mate, had him on FM2011 two, he is very prolific in the championship :) Put him on £9,500 a week and added a few clauses. Yes its Daniel Paulista.

Thanks for the info on Paulista guys. I had a look at Diane earlier, he looks really, really good. I'd like to line him up with Quintero and Jackson Martinez. :) Such an enticing prospect I think that I'll have to start yet another Leeds save.

interestingly in my southampton save.. leeds found themselves at 21st position on the table at christmas... then they got taken over (not by Lorimer for once) and seems they've invested a bit into the team as they've spent 5 million or so..... and go themselves up the table to 17th already.... good to see

GK Copa

LB Bordachev

CD Toloi

CD Bostwick ©

RB Jaager

LCM Bressan

CM Jali

RCM Drahun

LCF L.griffiths/mouche

CF Quintero

RCF A.Diane

Others:

Verrati

Caruzzo

nacho (loan)

paulista (F)

ness (loan)

I think I've pulled together a squad that gives yours a run for it's money :)

Just putting the final transfers together and I'll put it up tomorrow on here. I've got that front line of Quintero, Jackson Martinez & Diane so goals are not going to be a problem.

I think I've pulled together a squad that gives yours a run for it's money :)

Just putting the final transfers together and I'll put it up tomorrow on here. I've got that front line of Quintero, Jackson Martinez & Diane so goals are not going to be a problem.

I look forward to seeing that :D. BTW your front line up is very good :thup:

Sorry pal I read it wrong. But 2m loan fees each for Lees and McCormack? they aren't worth that to sell?

No worries mate. I disagree, anyone who follows championship football will know there easily worth that. I know mccormack only has 1 year left on his contract but on both last summer/last january mccormack was linked with a move away for £4m.. (when his contract still had 24months/18months remaining..)

he's talking about in game fella i believe...

and you didn't sell them.. you loaned them.. so you could potentially get them back and have gained that money for nothing...

strange imo and game breaking

Your really boring me now. *yawn* whatever mate..

This is bordering harassment, is there an ignore button mods?

again... your taking something personally?!

i commented on the game and again... you get defensive... not for the first time in this thread or elsewhere...

I was the one who showed you this thread existed lol ..

stop getting defensive and cheer up

Ahh found the ignore button... bliss :)

It was almost like having a little sister wittering on about every thing I say. All you was doing welshace was repeating the same thing over and over again, after now the fifth time the same line is getting very boring.. ''O you got the loan money but you get to keep the player''... My responce has been, ''I would rather recieve a transfer fee instead (which would probably give me more cash) as In real life they was worth on a whole more money than I recieved and they would then be off my wage budget for good, I don't gain didily squat because they will not be playing a single game for me again and will be just sat in the reserves MOANING...'' How is that so hard to understand???

Then your post above replying to my post to someone else who doesn't involve you. What's really irritating is the fact that what your saying doesn't even make sence!!

Mr delph says ''they aren't worth 2million to sell (mccormack and lees)'', yet in responce to what I say, you say mr delph is talking about in game and not in real life?? All in game is is an attempt to mimic the real world of football so me saying what they was worth in real life is the whole point as 'in game' just tries to coppy/mirror that :rolleyes:.

Its like when mr Blaggo asked me something, you had to awnser it for me... Whether or not it was just an attempt to show everyone that you had already heard of paulista and to show your little thread off or just because you have to anser every single question to every member on here I don't know.. :rolleyes:

But like I said it's becoming very boring but I'm sure you will carry on as the internet is full of people like you, this is my last responce to you as I have already wasted enough energy but as a last word, take care :thup:

Righto, as promised here is my Leeds 12.2 side. I've looked to push up the quality of the side as much as I've been able to, given the constraints of transfer and wage budgets. In doing so I've followed NW's approach and sold the "dead wood", loaned out the likes of Connoly, Paynter and Bromby (because I couldn't sell them) and terminated Taylor and Sam's contracts. I have also sold some of the better players like Snoddie, White, Clayton and McCormack. The reality is that this is the only way to raise any proper cash. I have, however, kept Lees due to his potential and HG status. I've given purchase prices in case anyone is interested. I'm using Mr Hough's rolls back the years (with defensive tweaks) tactic which seems very powerful on 12.2.

GK Franco Costanzo (free), Lonnie, Rach.

DR Marciano Bruma (free), Lees.

DL Pugh, Paul Ambrosi (£100k).

DC Matias Caruzzo (£600k), Matias Cahais (£300k), Nicolas Sanchez (£300k), Luizao (free).

DMC/MC Bressan (£1M), Jali (£1M), Drahun (£1.6M), Zezinho (free), Felipe Anderson (£5.25M).

ST Jackson Martinez (£1.2M), Darwin Quintero (£3.1M), Diane (free), Yaya Sanogo (£1M), Erick Torres (£3.2M).

Hot prospects Alex Serrano, AMC (£0), Wesley Said, ST (£350k & 45 % of next fee), Mauricio Alves AML/ST (free), Chucks Aneke, MC (£40k), Kaoe, DL (free).

HG players Lonnie, Rach, Lees, Thompson, Smith, Brown, Aneke, Forsell, Jose Baxter (season long loan from Everton).

Overall it's a good side and we should go well. We are weakest at full back and my plan is to give games to Pugh and Bruma, increase their value and then sell them on from mid November. I'd like to then bring in Romario (DR) and Diego Renan (DR/L). Ideally I'd like to move on Becchio when he recovers from injury at the end of August and also move on Brown, Varynen, Forsell, Rodgers and one of the back up GK's from November. I'll also look to loan in Karim Rekik, DC from City from January when he has turned 17. The £1M+ signings were purchased over 48 months and I will look to claw this expenditure back through 48 month sales next season. I'll update in January.

Edit. No transfer deal on Becchio, but I did move him on loan to Torino on a season long loan; 100 % wage contribution and a loan fee of £450k. Not too bad at all really. The £11k wage reduction allowed me to sign Veton Berisha, Ole Kristian Steinaes, Andreas Skog & Magnar Odegaard on frees on 1.1.12. I also picked up Borja Galan, 18 yo ST for a bargain £45K.

ive been looking to start a game and im thinking Leeds, looks good! Was wondering what kinda budget you get and who to sell for money as i don't really know there squad that well!

If you look through the pages on this forum it should give you a pretty good idea as regards to buying & selling.

As to budget it all depends on what position you think you'll end up in (average about £250k) so you will have to sell

Then your post above replying to my post to someone else who doesn't involve you. What's really irritating is the fact that what your saying doesn't even make sence!!

Mr delph says ''they aren't worth 2million to sell (mccormack and lees)'', yet in responce to what I say, you say mr delph is talking about in game and not in real life?? All in game is is an attempt to mimic the real world of football so me saying what they was worth in real life is the whole point as 'in game' just tries to coppy/mirror that :rolleyes:.

Its like when mr Blaggo asked me something, you had to awnser it for me... Whether or not it was just an attempt to show everyone that you had already heard of paulista and to show your little thread off or just because you have to anser every single question to every member on here I don't know.. :rolleyes:

:thup:

I wont respond to the rest of the incoherent nonsense in this post , suffice to say, that around here in threads, people tend to answer questions if they know the answers in order to be helpful... as that is what this whole section of the forums is for, to help other players and share experiences, I know you're relatively new to this section so I won't push it further, other than to say I think you need to take it down a few notches possibly, as this sort of rubbish tends to drive people away, which is the exact opposite of what a lot of people have been trying to do in this thread for a long time.

Righto, as promised here is my Leeds 12.2 side. I've looked to push up the quality of the side as much as I've been able to, given the constraints of transfer and wage budgets. In doing so I've followed NW's approach and sold the "dead wood", loaned out the likes of Connoly, Paynter and Bromby (because I couldn't sell them) and terminated Taylor and Sam's contracts. I have also sold some of the better players like Snoddie, White, Clayton and McCormack. The reality is that this is the only way to raise any proper cash. I have, however, kept Lees due to his potential and HG status. I've given purchase prices in case anyone is interested. I'm using Mr Hough's rolls back the years (with defensive tweaks) tactic which seems very powerful on 12.2.

DC Matias Caruzzo (£600k), Matias Cahais (£300k), Nicolas Sanchez (£300k), Luizao (free).

DMC/MC Bressan (£1M), Jali (£1M), Drahun (£1.6M), Zezinho (free), Felipe Anderson (£5.25M).

ST Jackson Martinez (£1.2M), Darwin Quintero (£3.1M), Diane (free), Yaya Sanogo (£1M), Erick Torres (£3.2M).

Hot prospects Alex Serrano, AMC (£0), Wesley Said, ST (£350k & 45 % of next fee), Mauricio Alves AML/ST (free), Chucks Aneke, MC (£40k), Kaoe, DL (free).

HG players Lonnie, Rach, Lees, Thompson, Smith, Brown, Aneke, Forsell, Jose Baxter (season long loan from Everton).

Overall it's a good side and we should go well. We are weakest at full back and my plan is to give games to Pugh and Bruma, increase their value and then sell them on from mid November. I'd like to then bring in Romario (DR) and Diego Renan (DR/L). Ideally I'd like to move on Becchio when he recovers from injury at the end of August and also move on Brown, Varynen, Forsell, Rodgers and one of the back up GK's from November. I'll also look to loan in Karim Rekik, DC from City from January when he has turned 17. The £1M+ signings were purchased over 48 months and I will look to claw this expenditure back through 48 month sales next season. I'll update in January.

Edit. No transfer deal on Becchio, but I did move him on loan to Torino on a season long loan; 100 % wage contribution and a loan fee of £450k. Not too bad at all really. The £11k wage reduction allowed me to sign Veton Berisha, Ole Kristian Steinaes, Andreas Skog & Magnar Odegaard on frees on 1.1.12. I also picked up Borja Galan, 18 yo ST for a bargain £45K.

strong team, good luck with this one Nicko..

interested to see how that front 3 do for you.... Diane and Darwin should compliment Jackson well...

I wont respond to the rest of the incoherent nonsense in this post , suffice to say, that around here in threads, people tend to answer questions if they know the answers in order to be helpful... as that is what this whole section of the forums is for, to help other players and share experiences, I know you're relatively new to this section so I won't push it further, other than to say I think you need to take it down a few notches possibly, as this sort of rubbish tends to drive people away, which is the exact opposite of what a lot of people have been trying to do in this thread for a long time.

Just like Snoddy being sold to Barcelona - What a joke!!!

Very nice, looks like you've put a lot of effort into this save :thup:

I had a look at torres, he is a player that really interests me like that fierro but decided against buying him as the money allowed me to buy an equally good prospect in 'Toloi' but I will certainly be looking into buying him again in a couple of seasons time (if his value hasn't risen too much.) ;)

Couldn't find some of your players, do you run more than 1 league?

And it's nice to see a manager thinking about the future, do you upgrade your youth facilities, I'm starting another save now I have a better computer (hopefully no crashes) and that's the first thing I do, I'm hoping to upgrade it in sucessive seasons so one day I may get a hot youth prospect develop into the next leonel messi ;)

Very nice, looks like you've put a lot of effort into this save :thup:

I had a look at torres, he is a player that really interests me like that fierro but decided against buying him as the money allowed me to buy an equally good prospect in 'Toloi' but I will certainly be looking into buying him again in a couple of seasons time (if his value hasn't risen too much.) ;)

Couldn't find some of your players, do you run more than 1 league?

And it's nice to see a manager thinking about the future, do you upgrade your youth facilities, I'm starting another save now I have a better computer (hopefully no crashes) and that's the first thing I do, I'm hoping to upgrade it in sucessive seasons so one day I may get a hot youth prospect develop into the next leonel messi ;)

Coen recommended a really good player set up which I use. This is, large database, players from top divisions Europe, players with national reputation South America. I add to this with players of nationality Argentina & players of nationality Brazil. This comes out at about 72,000 players. Adding Brazilian players is also important for the high quality coaches it brings into the game.

When I have the cash at hand I will upgrade youth and traning facilities, so probably towards the end of the first season.

Coen recommended a really good player set up which I use. This is, large database, players from top divisions Europe, players with national reputation South America. I add to this with players of nationality Argentina & players of nationality Brazil. This comes out at about 72,000 players. Adding Brazilian players is also important for the high quality coaches it brings into the game.

When I have the cash at hand I will upgrade youth and traning facilities, so probably towards the end of the first season.

Lol, I just play english division (league 2 above), limited to 13000 players, but can't complain at how smooth the game runs though :)

Is Roman Zozulya in your game? He was my favourite player but haven't seen him since FM 2010 :(

Lol, I just play english division (league 2 above), limited to 13000 players, but can't complain at how smooth the game runs though :)

Is Roman Zozulya in your game? He was my favourite player but haven't seen him since FM 2010 :(

Yes and he is running his contract down. Looks very tidy - might come on a free if he get's a w/p. :)

Yes and he is running his contract down. Looks very tidy - might come on a free if he get's a w/p. :)

Oooo jammy bugga, don't think work permit should be a problem. Don't have a wee screeny of his attributes do ya ;)

Just looked on wikipedia, he's now a regular for dnipro and his country so with a bit of look I might have him on FM2013.

Oooo jammy bugga, don't think work permit should be a problem. Don't have a wee screeny of his attributes do ya ;)

Just looked on wikipedia, he's now a regular for dnipro and his country so with a bit of look I might have him on FM2013.

I can't do that just now, but he's tidy; 13 finishing, 14 acceleration, 15 pace, composure 11, off the ball 12, heading 12. :)

I'm into January 2012 in my Leeds save. We're powering through the League, with 23 wins and 2 draws from the 25 games played. We've also made the League Cup Semi Final where we will play Derby over the two legs. With all the top teams out we could well win it.

Transfer activity:

Out

Pugh £2.5M Fulham.

Varynen £210k Blackpool.

No interest in Lonnie, Rach, Brown, Somma, Forsell or Rodgers.

In

Diego Renan £5M over 48.

Odegaard, Skog, Selnaes (all free), Corentin Fiore, 16 yo DC £140K, Luca Falsaperta, 16 yo MC £200k. The latter two have 4* potential according to Gilmar Francisco (20/19 scout).

I'm failing repeatedly to get a w/p for Romario (8 times and counting), but will keep trying as he'll get one eventually!

Edit. Offloaded Brown to Crawley for a nominal fee, £10k off the wage budget. Also offloaded Bruma and Ambrosi. I would not recommend Bruma because, although he played regularly, his value never really increased. Jaager probably remains the best free DR for Leeds at game start.

Loaned in Karim Rekik, DC and Nathaniel Chabolah, DC to increase the number of HG players.

8th time lucky - Romario gets his w/p!!

jesus, i have enjoyed reading these threads! some of you may remember me from 2010? 2011? im yet to do a save with leeds on 2012, and tbh im finding it hard to get motivated to do a long save at all, but hopefully staying on here and posting frequently might get me motivated.

1. on 12.2.0 who can you reccomend to sign for the first season. i like to gain a few foreigners but not like some of you guys who change 100% of the team, i find this really unrealistic.

2. who should i sell, i was going to sell pugh because in real life he is garbage! but quite a few of you on here seemed to have saved him?

so yes, who to buy? who to sell? whats best formation for us on here etc.....

look forward to your replies! MOT

Archived