Sports Interactive Community
AidanofLFC

FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

Promoted in my first season, finished 6th in my second season and won the league in my third:

englishpremierdivisionot.png

The winning squad: leedsunitedtacticsoverv.png

When i've finished moving house IRL , i'll attempt to lead Leeds to CL glory before the new patch hits- definitely in a strong enough financial position to do so with a squad that'll only improve (average age 24)

Started a Leeds go, going quite well, some good results, had a small dip in form in which I slipped out of play offs to 11th, only because there are about 7 or 8 teams on the same points, then got instantly sacked without even being warned or having an insecure job or anything. What a waste of time.

In a quick update to my getting sacked for no reason thread, Sam Alladyce (sp?) took over and they finished 15th, so its a good job they got rid of me when they did. I have managed to get the Barnsley job after they got relegated to league 2. My idea was to start a go with a decent team with some money and potential, rather than the usual league 1/2 small with no money challenge I normally do, but i've ended up there anyway!

Hello all

Just started my regular X.2 save with Leeds and I wanted to give you a look of how its going.

Intresting that both Townsend and Smith are at the club, and no Webber.

For transfers I had to get rid of the players that I felt where deadwood and I was not going to use at all, in return I tried to bring in good players that didnt cost to much. (Bates affect?)

The squad at the moment is:

GK: Lonergan, Jamal Blackman, Taylor

DR: Parnaby, Smith

DC: Craig Dawson, Tom Lees

DC: Rafael Santos, Gimpel

DL: White, Pugh

DMC: Eggert Jonsson, Brown

MC: Clayton, Delph

MC: B Bjarnason, B Vidarsson

AMR: Snoddy, Sacconi

AML: McCormack, Zezinho, Townsend

ST: Velikonja, Torassa, Becchio

I am going well as of now in the league, winning 3 out of the first 4 games and 1 draw, with GD 11-1.

P.s. Need an advice, Delph got injured in the first game for 3 months, should I keep him or terminate the loan and bring in a new player since his hefty 25k wage bill?

Alright lads, after a few months off from FM12 I decided to start another Leeds save on the latest patch ect.

Made some similar signings to those others have done (Etien Velikonja, Stuart Parnaby, Zezinho, Agustin Torassa etc) but also a few new players I'd not come across before:

Petter Vaagen Moen - ML - free

Bjarni Vioarsson - MC - £375k

Luis Martins - DL - £50k

David Wotherspoon - DR - £50k

All are excellent Championship level players.

First season has been slightly inconsistent but am looking at making the play-offs, wouldnt be too unhappy about not going up as I think the squad needs a lot of work before tackling the Premier League so another season in the Championship would be fine.

Alright lads, after a few months off from FM12 I decided to start another Leeds save on the latest patch ect.

Made some similar signings to those others have done (Etien Velikonja, Stuart Parnaby, Zezinho, Agustin Torassa etc) but also a few new players I'd not come across before:

Petter Vaagen Moen - ML - free

Bjarni Vioarsson - MC - £375k

Luis Martins - DL - £50k

David Wotherspoon - DR - £50k

All are excellent Championship level players.

First season has been slightly inconsistent but am looking at making the play-offs, wouldnt be too unhappy about not going up as I think the squad needs a lot of work before tackling the Premier League so another season in the Championship would be fine.

Hi Coen.

What did you do regarding the DC's, MC's & Strikers?

I've just started with my beloved Leeds team. I've managed to snap up that Petter Vaagen Moen and he is a class act. Currently playing him wide left with Snoddy wide right supporting McCormack as the central striker. Current results are as follows:

Ipswich (a) : 1-1

Derby (h) : 2-2

West Ham (a) : 2-0 win

Portsmouth (h) : 4-1 win.

Looking good so far, also signed a few loan players Conor Clifford from Chelsea and Jose Baxter from Everton. No real people to sell really, placed Kisnorbo, Lloyd Sam on the transfer list and sold Alex Bruce to Coventry. Just managed to sign Glenn Loovens for £175K, more than capable in the Championship.

Hi Coen.

What did you do regarding the DC's, MC's & Strikers?

Hi mate, good to see you still around!

I went with Tom Lees and Rafael Santos (who I think others have already mentioned) as first choice CBs with Francisco Pavon and Kisnorbo as back up.

Played a 4-4-2 with Clayton in the creative CM role and Brown in the defensive one, also used Pugh in CM and Bjarni Vioarsson as back up for Clayton. Petter Vaagen Moen played wide left and of course Snoddy wide right.

And Etien Velikonja and Agustin Torassa as the strikers.

Wasn't that great a season tbh, we ended up finishing 6th so only just made the playoffs, got to the playoff final but got beat by Blackpool. So some more work to do on further improvements if I'm going to get automatic promotion in the 2nd season I think.

Hi mate, good to see you still around!

I went with Tom Lees and Rafael Santos (who I think others have already mentioned) as first choice CBs with Francisco Pavon and Kisnorbo as back up.

Played a 4-4-2 with Clayton in the creative CM role and Brown in the defensive one, also used Pugh in CM and Bjarni Vioarsson as back up for Clayton. Petter Vaagen Moen played wide left and of course Snoddy wide right.

And Etien Velikonja and Agustin Torassa as the strikers.

Wasn't that great a season tbh, we ended up finishing 6th so only just made the playoffs, got to the playoff final but got beat by Blackpool. So some more work to do on further improvements if I'm going to get automatic promotion in the 2nd season I think.

That's the problem I had.

The players aren't brilliant quality.

Did you sell McCormack to generate money or did you keep him?

Sold McCormack for £1.8m which I needed to bring the other players in.

Just starting 2nd season now, will post further signings once I'm reasonably confident that they're actually any good!

Sold McCormack for £1.8m which I needed to bring the other players in.

Just starting 2nd season now, will post further signings once I'm reasonably confident that they're actually any good!

Cheers mate.

I've PPM'd you with a problem I've got.

Well it's been a while since I played FM12 and I think it shows - sacked in my 2nd season after only sitting mid table 12 games in. :lol::lol:

Back to the drawing board it seems!

Well it's been a while since I played FM12 and I think it shows - sacked in my 2nd season after only sitting mid table 12 games in. :lol::lol:

Unlucky mate :thdn:

I've ppm'd you again

Hello me old mate. I know Elland and I are still giving Leeds some time, but good to see you back. I've played two games on 12.2 and these are the best players that I've come up in the first window (I use your suggested players on set up & Argentinian and Brazilian players).

GK Franco Costanzo free.

DR Jaager free.

DC Mathias Cahais, Nicolas Sanchez, Matias Caruzzo. Luizao free.

DL Ambrosi.

MC Andile Jali, Bressan, Teko Modise, Felipe Anderson, Daniel Paulista free.

AMR Deyvid Sacconi free.

AML Zezinho free.

ST Quintero, Jackson Martinez, Pablo Mouche (useful rotation winger too), Yaya Sanogo (loan him, wait for his value to drop and then enquire).

Hot prospects Alex Serranno (enquire, can sometimes get him for £0), Ahmed Soukouna, Mauricio Alves, Radan Matej, Kaoe. Also enquire for Wesley Said as you can get him for a bargain price.

To land Quintero and Jackson Martinez you have to sell to raise the cash. Bressan and Jali can usually be bought for £1M over 48 months.

Happy Easter guys.

Hi Nicko, good to see you still around as well!

Might have to check out some of those players you mention, cheers for that - just started my 2nd attempt at Leeds on the latest patch and my record from the first 5 league games is - drawn 1, lost 4 :lol:

(Although to be fair it's been a tough opening run of games!)

Hi Nicko, good to see you still around as well!

Might have to check out some of those players you mention, cheers for that - just started my 2nd attempt at Leeds on the latest patch and my record from the first 5 league games is - drawn 1, lost 4 :lol:

(Although to be fair it's been a tough opening run of games!)

Same old lame excuses

Get the violins out :D

Same old lame excuses

Get the violins out :D

Yep it was just excuses, sacked again anyway!

Ok 3rd time lucky on patch 12.2, guess this time I need to try something different. :D

Ok 3rd time lucky on patch 12.2, guess this time I need to try something different. :D

Sell McCormack (offer him out at £5M over 48 months and you'll get £3.5M over 48) buy Quintero. Job done Coen. :)

EDIT. Just to add, you'll get Quintero for £2.5M over 48. Buy Bressan with the change. Kind of a sell one get two better players sort of a deal.

*Help Lads please*

Just starting a Leeds save after my excursions in S.Korea

Have loaded leagues with National Rep in S.America & Torassa is not showing WHY????

*Help Lads please*

Just starting a Leeds save after my excursions in S.Korea

Have loaded leagues with National Rep in S.America & Torassa is not showing WHY????

Because you should buy Mouche...

Seriously though - isn't he at All Boys? They and/or he may not have the reputation that you've loaded?

I thought they had national reputation??? They did before...

Its allright Nicko Just loaded with all S.American players comes in at 71000.

Looking for cheapo backup Poacher for squad.

Torassa does start at All Boys, Argentinian Premier League but only has Regional reputation himself. But if you load Argentinian top division as one of the leagues he should be there (I think that's what I do.)

(Strange you should say that though Nicko, as one of the things I've done different on my latest save is to sign Mouche rather than Torassa!)

I've ended up with Mouche/Velikonja as my poachers and Forsell (DLF) and Becchio (target man) as the support strikers. Which isn't as good as I'd hoped but will have to do.

One thing I've noticed on the latest patch is that I'm really having to work to stop morale from plummeting after a few bad results, I don't remember it being this hard last time I played through the first season (which admittedly was about 3 months ago.)

Edit - quick update on 1st season - a very dodgy start (2 draws and 4 losses in the first 6 league games) had me thinking I was heading for the sack again, but a couple of easy friendlies to boost squad morale finally turned us around and we started picking up results, and ended up going on a great run so as at 1 January 2012 we're sitting 2nd in the table.

First choice team is:

Lonergan

Mitja Viler

Ricardo Rocha

Nicolas Sanchez

Adam Smith

Danny Pugh

Bjarni Vidarsson

Daniel Paulista

Snoddy

Etien Velikonja

Luciano Becchio (who has actually been great played as target man (support)

I've ended up with Mouche/Velikonja as my poachers and Forsell (DLF) and Becchio (target man) as the support strikers. Which isn't as good as I'd hoped but will have to do.

One thing I've noticed on the latest patch is that I'm really having to work to stop morale from plummeting after a few bad results, I don't remember it being this hard last time I played through the first season (which admittedly was about 3 months ago.)

Edit - quick update on 1st season - a very dodgy start (2 draws and 4 losses in the first 6 league games) had me thinking I was heading for the sack again, but a couple of easy friendlies to boost squad morale finally turned us around and we started picking up results, and ended up going on a great run so as at 1 January 2012 we're sitting 2nd in the table.

First choice team is:

Lonergan

Mitja Viler

Ricardo Rocha

Nicolas Sanchez

Adam Smith

Danny Pugh

Bjarni Vidarsson

Daniel Paulista

Snoddy

Etien Velikonja

Luciano Becchio (who has actually been great played as target man (support)

I've found maintaining morale to be really tough this year. At Elland's suggestion, I use Wolfsong's team talk guide 'religiously' and I also arrange easy friendlies (in particular when you have fixture gaps due to international games) which certainly help. Despite this morale is rarely above good/very good for individuals between games. As you say Coen, if you lose a few in a row morale collapses. However, this also applies to the opposition AI this year!

Unlucky mate!!!

Getting ready for the sack or will they keep you this time? :lol:

I think I'm safe at the moment, pressure will be on in season 2 as ever though. Play offs won't be good enough next year. :D

So currently trying to decide what to do to strengthen the squad...

Well finished 1st season and ended up 5th, but lost in play-offs to Reading!

Yes, I wonder if Uncle Ken is sharpening that axe for you Coen?

Still finishing 5th seems a long, long way off IRL...

Yes, I wonder if Uncle Ken is sharpening that axe for you Coen?

Still finishing 5th seems a long, long way off IRL...

Yeah, listening to todays game online as I've given up attending games for rest of this season, and we can only dream of a 5th place finish...

Update on squad for 2nd season, signed a few players on cheap deals/frees as they were out of contract:

Glen Loovens (DC) - free

Vito Mannone (GK) - £650k

Marian Kello (GK) - free

Leandro Armani (ST) - £750k

Filip Modelski (DR) - free

Ross Jenkins (MC) - £250k

Florian Raspentino (AMR) - free

my old friend Torstein Andersen Aase (ST) - £750k

Which means squad is now

Mannone/Kello

Mitja Viler/Luiz Martins

Glen Loovens/Tom Lees

Nicolas Sanchez/Monty Gimpel

Adam Smith/Modelski

Danny Pugh/Aidy White

Bjarni Vidarsson/Adam Clayton

Daniel Paulista/Ross Jenkins

Snoddy/Raspentino

Etien Velikonja/Armani

Luciano Becchio/Andersen Aase

Lets see if this lot are good enough to keep me in a job. :D

Update on 2nd season - promoted as Champions. :) Etien Velikonja top scored with 19 goals, Torstein Andersen Aase playing alongside him got 15, Danny Pugh got most assists with 13 from left midfield. Other notable players were Stefan Strandberg (DC) and Adam Clayton in MC.

Ken stood down during the season and Peter Lorimor took over as Chairman. Which I'm not convinced is necessarily an improvement, he's only given me £12m spend to avoid relegation from the Prem...

can some one shere there tactics please?playing first season no new signings.. advice for 4-2-3-1 with wingers and 2 cm.. and 1 advice for an flat 4-4-2. thanks in advice

can some one shere there tactics please?playing first season no new signings.. advice for 4-2-3-1 with wingers and 2 cm.. and 1 advice for an flat 4-4-2. thanks in advice

I use a variation on 4-4-2, well it's 4-4-2 but with the right midfielder pushed forward in to the AMR position so the game actually thinks its a 4-3-3. But it works well enough with the starting squad. Standard back 4 and then:

ML (Pugh) - wide midfielder (support)

MC - (Clayton) - advanced playmaker (support)

MC - (Brown) - ball winning midfielder (defend)

AMR - (Snodgrass) - inside forward (attack)

ST (McCormack) - Poacher (attack)

ST (Becchio) - target man (support)

All other team settings on default, overall strategy is "attacking" at home and "counter" away.

Hmm just about done with my transfers in preparation for the Prem, and its hard work bringing anyone in with my current budgets and transfer fees. So far I've signed:

Yohann Thuram-Ulien (GK) - free

Remi Mulumba (MC) - free

Joe Mattock (DL) - £2.5m

Craig Cathcart (DC) - £4m

Aron Gunnarsson (MC) - £4m

Tomas Rincon (MC) - £1.8m

and the legendary

Carlos Fierro (ST) - £2m

Pretty happy to get Rincon as he looks class as a defensive CM, and of course Fierro.

But overall I think my squad is still fairly weak, it's going to be a tough season! Just aiming to scrape survival and then hopefully I can start getting some better funds and start attracting some better quality players.

Edit - played through to January in my first season in the Prem and things are going much better than I expected, sitting in 8th in the League.

So I was able to reassess my expectations for the season to a mid table finish, get a bit more transfer budget and bring in a few players to improve the squad, including:

Martin Milec (ML) - £2m

and a regen DR

Am now hoping I can improve slightly in the 2nd half of the season and go for a top 6 finish!

Hey guys.

Started a new Leeds save but Bates has been removed and I input a Russian billionaire. I have about 18m or so to win the league this year.

I saw the recommendations on the previous page but as I have more money to spend than usual, does anybody have suggestions for perhaps more expensive players that would be willing to play in the Championship? Cheers.