Sports Interactive Community
AidanofLFC

FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

Nicko

Decided to go for Bottinelli after all Caruzzo's wages are mega!!!

Will sell him 2nd season if stats drop too much

As Jali can play MC is he any good as a MCa? Or would you leave him as a MCd?

Elland, I've started a new game (again!) as I've realised something fairly interesting which might help with Caruzzo. What I've discovered is that you need to offer contracts to the players you want to sign within a day or so of having your transfer clearout. If you wait even a week or so your targets want lots more money. Take two examples; Shikabala will take £7k on a first team contract if you offer a contract quickly but wait a week or so and you do really well to get him down to £10K on a key player contract with him wanting all sorts of extras, and; Gabriel Silva will happily come on a rotation contract for as little as £2.5K a week but if you hang about he wants £7K minimum on a first team contract. In the case of Caruzzo he is on £9k on a key player contract in my new Leeds save and I'm certain that's because I signed him quickly.

On game start I've gone for winner in board expecations as it gives you that bit more wage budget immediately (and with the players I signed I'm going to win the league any way) and I've also repeatedly loaded a new game (using Coen's recommended players & Argentina/Brazil) until you get Ben Gordon's transfer clause at £244K rather than £96K which helps at game start. I then ended the loans (including Pugh's loan) and went for these players immediately: Quintero, Jali, Bressan, Drahun & Bandolovski because there is demand and Ambrosi because of his very low wages. I was then able to make contract offers very quickly. Then I have the clear out but make offers immediately you have spare wage budget, so offer £1.5M over 48 months for Shikabala, £1M over 48 for Fernandez, £3.7M over 48 for Gabriel Silva, £1.7M over 48 for Caruzzo etc. You can get these players a little cheaper if you negotiate, but the consequence is you have the problem of their higher wage demands if you do so. Also if you keep doing press comments on Wilfried make the offer of £2.5 over 48 on about 24.7.11 as he'll consider a contract easily enough from this time. I try to get the % of transfers made available up to 95 % through board interaction as this helps too.

I also negotiate hard and this is helped by setting the wage budget to the far right of the adjust budgets line (ie maximise the transfer budget) before I first offer the player a contract. The effect of this is to reduce the initial demand of the player. I then make two to three very low offers and with each one slip the adjust budgets line one notch to the left. This increases the wage budget but also continues to maintain the impression that you have less available wage budget than you actually have. This helps the negotiation process and drives the demands down. You do need to be careful though, because if you continue to make really low offers then the agent/player will get frustrated and cancel negotiations. There is a big element of trial and error here but, if you master it, the consequence is you save so much money on your wage budget which is crucial early in the game.

Does this makes sense pal? If not, drop me a pm.

good post thanks , thats made me want to start again.. how much did you pay for these 3 quintero,bressan and drahun ?

Quintero £2.2M over 48 months. Start offering at £1.4M over 48 months and Santos Laguna immediately negotiate.

Bressan £1M over 48 months. A little over the odds, but the offer is accepted and he'll consider a contract. If you delay it even a couple of days while you negotiate with BATE he won't come.

Drahun £1.5M over 48 months. Well over the odds, but see above!

Just to add, you'll need to offer £500k in loyalty bonus to Bressan & Drahun or they'll go elsewhere. Jali needs about £900K. I offset these amounts by playing friendlies every two days in pre-season to the biggest clubs who will come. I cancel all the existing friendlies.

Picked up Lua Lua on my new save on 12.0.4 in order to increase the HG element of the squad. I subbed him during the first game as his fitness level had dropped below 75 %. He was unhappy because of this, I stood my ground and he has now demanded a move. Nice touch. Some early signs that 12.0.4 might be a little different...

Just started mine again too, didnt really like who i signed and i paid way too much for Mattock (5mil) so i decided to start again. Will update later, Btw not really been on FM lately, not really been able to get into it yet

Im half way through my 2nd season after getting promoted in the 1st year. So far I'm sat in mid table and I'm happy with how my team is coming together, i signed Owen Hargreaves and Guardado on frees but my star signing so far has been John Fleck who is flying in the premier league.

screenshot20111104at171.png - 15 Goals, 10 Assists

Snodgrass is performing pretty well in the premier league as well, as is Marco Veratti who I signed in the 1st season.

screenshot20111104at171.png - 3 Goals, 6 Assists

screenshot20111104at171b.png - 12 Assists

I dont know if anyone else has noticed this but everytime i get offered a new Contract as manager if i accept it any players who have Match Highest Earner option on seem to get a massive hike in their wage. I only have David Ospina the Gk with it atm but it bumped it up to 81k a week which obviously aint worth it! Im gonna keep loading at this stage and see what seems to affect this but maybe its a bug?

Sadly not on my game as I've just looked. Amazing stats - how did you come across him?

Good find on Drahun btw!

cheers.. i was making a thread on scandanavian talent and came across him while scouting around ... think i might start a leeds save again.. im a fan irl but havent really gotten into one... i HATE bates with a passion and i cant help but feel a bit hard done by with players like howson , just arent good enough...

anyone have success with tom lees and gimpel? kinda curious lol

Been one of my better partnerships tbh, I'm in Jan my team is

Lonners

Parnaby --- Lees/AoB --- Luizao ---White

Clayton --- Howson

Snoddy --- Mika V --- Mackie/Zezinho

Sharp

Well I'm stil going on my save, just finished my 6th season.

Still making gradual progress in the Premier League, we were challenging for the title most of this season but just fell short in the end, finished 4th (6 points behind Man City who won it). Qualifying for the Champions League for the first time was a decent enough result though.

Key players are still Carlos Fierro (who finished the season with 47 goals in all competitions, but picked up an injury which kept him out for the last 6 or so games) and Mattia Destro as strikers, pretty much the rest of the squad are regens now.

Did manage to pick up another trophy with a fantastic performance in the final of the Europa league:

LeedsvOMInformation_Overview.png

So a few key signings for next season and we'll be challenging for the title again!

Well I'm stil going on my save, just finished my 6th season.

Still making gradual progress in the Premier League, we were challenging for the title most of this season but just fell short in the end, finished 4th (6 points behind Man City who won it). Qualifying for the Champions League for the first time was a decent enough result though.

Key players are still Carlos Fierro (who finished the season with 47 goals in all competitions, but picked up an injury which kept him out for the last 6 or so games) and Mattia Destro as strikers, pretty much the rest of the squad are regens now.

Did manage to pick up another trophy with a fantastic performance in the final of the Europa league:

LeedsvOMInformation_Overview.png

So a few key signings for next season and we'll be challenging for the title again!

Congratulations mate :applause:

Have you updated with 12.0.4 yet?

Congratulations mate :applause:

Have you updated with 12.0.4 yet?

Cheers mate - yeah my game is updated to the latest patch, but I started this save before even 12.0.1 was released I think so still using the original database. Not sure how much difference that makes though as most of my players are regens anyway.

Cheers mate - yeah my game is updated to the latest patch, but I started this save before even 12.0.1 was released I think so still using the original database. Not sure how much difference that makes though as most of my players are regens anyway.

Yes, congrats Coen! You'll be a legend pretty soon!!

Elland, are you finding 12.0.4 a little more difficult? I am.

Yes, congrats Coen! You'll be a legend pretty soon!!

Elland, are you finding 12.0.4 a little more difficult? I am.

Not 'arf mate :D

Just tried upping Quintero's transfer after Reading made bid offered 2.5 mill they ignored it & went to Reading anyway!!! :mad:

Another new game loading now!!

Not 'arf mate :D

Just tried upping Quintero's transfer after Reading made bid offered 2.5 mill they ignored it & went to Reading anyway!!! :mad:

Another new game loading now!!

Good thinking Elland. I think he is a must have. Two other alternatives that I've remembered: Jackson Martinez, Freddy Montero. Down know about prices or w/p's though!

Good thinking Elland. I think he is a must have. Two other alternatives that I've remembered: Jackson Martinez, Freddy Montero. Down know about prices or w/p's though!

Going to be cautious with Foreign signings this time around due to HG status.

Will just go for Parnaby Silva Gioda Caruzzo Bressan Drahun Jali Shikabala Zezinho Quintero & Wilfried.

Keeping GK's Pugh Lees Gimpel White Snoddy (can't sell for as much) Howson Brown Vayrynen Forsell as most are HG & will replace in Jan.

Will look at English players then.

Going to be cautious with Foreign signings this time around due to HG status.

Will just go for Parnaby Silva Gioda Caruzzo Bressan Drahun Jali Shikabala Zezinho Quintero & Wilfried.

Keeping GK's Pugh Lees Gimpel White Snoddy (can't sell for as much) Howson Brown Vayrynen Forsell as most are HG & will replace in Jan.

Will look at English players then.

If you follow that adjust budget blag, you can get Lua Lua down to £9.25K/week to help with HG. I still got £6.75M over 48 for Snod (offer at £7.5M over 48).

Gimpel is not HG pal, but don't know if you can sell him.

If you follow that adjust budget blag, you can get Lua Lua down to £9.25K/week to help with HG. I still got £6.75M over 48 for Snod (offer at £7.5M over 48).

Gimpel is not HG pal, but don't know if you can sell him.

I know Gimpel isn't HG but he's young & will do for now. I said most are HG!!!

Will try offering Snoddy again but there isn't much interest in him Lua Lua might be an option for when I sell Forsell.

Might look at Fleck as well come Jan

I know Gimpel isn't HG but he's young & will do for now. I said most are HG!!!

Will try offering Snoddy again but there isn't much interest in him Lua Lua might be an option for when I sell Forsell.

Might look at Fleck as well come Jan

Shows how 12.0.4 is varying. Much more demanding I think. I'd always assumed Gimpel was HG btw.

Shows how 12.0.4 is varying. Much more demanding I think. I'd always assumed Gimpel was HG btw.

No I knew Gimpel was German

Forgot to add Soukouna still available on a free 3* CA & 4* PA will do as back up for Quintero.

Quick update to not bother negotiating for Quintero Offer 2.5mill over 48 otherwise he will go to Reading

I'm sitting top of the Championship, it's around 29th Dec and I really need to strengthen the goalkeeper, any suggestions? I have around £1m to spend at 15k wages.

Thanks to some suggestions on here I am doing much better this game, I signed the following;

In

Ivan Bandalovski £150k

Leandro Gioda £150k

Andile Jali £500k

Wilfried £2.5M

Also, one of my own finds Thomas Kristensen £375 from FC Kobenhavn has been a rock in midfield for me!

I'm sitting top of the Championship, it's around 29th Dec and I really need to strengthen the goalkeeper, any suggestions? I have around £1m to spend at 15k wages.

Thanks to some suggestions on here I am doing much better this game, I signed the following;

In

Ivan Bandalovski £150k

Leandro Gioda £150k

Andile Jali £500k

Wilfried £2.5M

Also, one of my own finds Thomas Kristensen £375 from FC Kobenhavn has been a rock in midfield for me!

You could try Jack Butland @ B'ham over 48 months

I am still here and about on my Leeds save with 5th season just about done and I had an awesome season:

maggithorovicnewsinbox6.png

Wining the League, League cup and the FA Cup.

Had a fine run in the Champions League group coming in second behind Napoli, in a group that had also Porto and Werder Bremen. Then getting knocked out against CSKA Moscow in the first round.

My team is a good mix of fine regens and some real players.

Key real players for me are for sure Carlos Fierro with 27 goals in 30 matches even though he was injured for 3 months.

And a young Norwegian who I recommend for all of you restarters :D named Jonas Svensson. He has been a monster for me banging in assists from left to right and beeing a key player for me from the start of my carrier at Leeds:

jonassvenssonhistorycar.png

I am still here and about on my Leeds save with 5th season just about done and I had an awesome season:

maggithorovicnewsinbox6.png

Wining the League, League cup and the FA Cup.

Had a fine run in the Champions League group coming in second behind Napoli, in a group that had also Porto and Werder Bremen. Then getting knocked out against CSKA Moscow in the first round.

My team is a good mix of fine regens and some real players.

Key real players for me are for sure Carlos Fierro with 27 goals in 30 matches even though he was injured for 3 months.

And a young Norwegian who I recommend for all of you restarters :D named Jonas Svensson. He has been a monster for me banging in assists from left to right and beeing a key player for me from the start of my carrier at Leeds:

jonassvenssonhistorycar.png

Congratulations Thorovic, seems you're dominating the English league nicely, now just to do the same in Europe!

Carlos Fierro has been immense for me as well, has now scored over 120 goals in the 4 seasons I've had him - averaging more than 30 a season. Fantastic player, he's become a Leeds "icon" in my game already, on his way to "Legend" status. :thup:

You could try Jack Butland @ B'ham over 48 months

I got him as backup so he could be one of the HG's aswell paid 1.4mill over 48 months which i think is pretty reasonable considering what his Potential is.

Congratulations Thorovic, seems you're dominating the English league nicely, now just to do the same in Europe!

Carlos Fierro has been immense for me as well, has now scored over 120 goals in the 4 seasons I've had him - averaging more than 30 a season. Fantastic player, he's become a Leeds "icon" in my game already, on his way to "Legend" status. :thup:

Thanks mate

Yeah Fierro is a icon for me and for sure is heading for Legend.

Yet I am winning the League I am not winning it by much, on GD the first season and then 1 point the second, guess you need luck also :)

Just had a job offer from Man City offering me a 99 million transfer budget, I will gladly answer with a No.

I got him as backup so he could be one of the HG's aswell paid 1.4mill over 48 months which i think is pretty reasonable considering what his Potential is.

Been trying to find a real quality keeper on my game actually and still not really happy with what I have.

Just looked at Butland again and he's at Hudderfield on my game, looks like he's developing into a very good keeper so I'm thinking I might try to sign him - only to realise that Huddersfield are actually a decent mid-table Premier League side and there's no way they'll agree to sell him for less than about £20m!

Looks a steal at £1.4m!

Been trying to find a real quality keeper on my game actually and still not really happy with what I have.

Just looked at Butland again and he's at Hudderfield on my game, looks like he's developing into a very good keeper so I'm thinking I might try to sign him - only to realise that Huddersfield are actually a decent mid-table Premier League side and there's no way they'll agree to sell him for less than about £20m!

Looks a steal at £1.4m!

What happened to Smithies ? I've always tried to sign him since FM10, has great potential and always ends up an England regular.

Also, on a side note, anyone looking to start a new save should see if they can load the scandanavian leagues / players, and have a look at the thread that welshace has started. Some brilliant looking players and I always like to have some of those guys in, in homage to Bakke, Haaland, Halle (not so much Brolin)...

What happened to Smithies ? I've always tried to sign him since FM10, has great potential and always ends up an England regular.

Also, on a side note, anyone looking to start a new save should see if they can load the scandanavian leagues / players, and have a look at the thread that welshace has started. Some brilliant looking players and I always like to have some of those guys in, in homage to Bakke, Haaland, Halle (not so much Brolin)...

Smithies went to Genoa on my save. I can't afford him now either. :p

Just had a look at Welshace's thread and will definitely be checking some of those players out if/when I start again, I always like to bring the Scandinavians in as well due to Leeds' history of players like Bakke, Halle etc. :thup:

felipeoverviewattribute.png

his surname is spellmeier so you can find him... is he as decent in your games? he's italian second nationality too

felipeoverviewattribute.png

his surname is spellmeier so you can find him... is he as decent in your games? he's italian second nationality too

He's still unattached in December 2011 in my game, but he doesn't look as good as in your screenshot. I wonder if his stats have declined, or they are random? Still a pretty decent free transfer I think.

just got back from 10 days away! seems there is a new update meaning I will most likely be starting again!

anyone new that I've missed?

just got back from 10 days away! seems there is a new update meaning I will most likely be starting again!

anyone new that I've missed?

I thought that you'd been a bit quiet pal. Been any where nice?

just went to my uncles, mate, he lives down Newmarket and had no access to a pc with FM, besides I was out practically every day! just started it up now,

how you faired with transfers nicko, buying and selling? on the update?

Sounds like you had a great time pal.

Suggest you have a look at the posts from Elland and me on this page before starting a new game. There are a few changes on the update, transfers and wage demands are a bit different!

how did you offer 900k cause ive just missed out on jali, need at least 1 DM please!

Frimpong will do you a great job mate, I played him alongside Jali and he's very good.

how did you offer 900k cause ive just missed out on jali, need at least 1 DM please!

Stanislau Drahun, Reneilwe Letsholonyane, Medo, Cristian Pellerano, Daniel Paulista, Ignacio Canuto.

unfortunately frimpong doesn't want to come so I have signed Christophe grondin for 400k and Hosni, an egyptian DM 26 y/o and has 82 apps for them, 2.2mil though just waiting for a w/p which surely he will get! I also intend on getting Parnaby in september for lower wages!

I've gone for my own variation of a 4-1-2-2-1 with 1 DM and 2 Cms using the newer system.

so all my transfers are as follows: -

hopefully Parnaby free

Gioda 250k

Quintero 2.2mil

Hosni 2.2mil

Grondin 400k

Fernandez 1.1mil

McCourt 2mil

felipe free - actually has done well in pre season so far!

Moises free

Salva Ruiz free - you cannot pass up on these as they are on youth contracts 55 quid a week

outs

sam free

bromby 16k loan fee

Nunez 900k

Bruce 825k

Barn door 75k loan fee

O'Brien 750k

so far I have had success with the tactic defensively - albeit only 3 games in!

leeds res 8-0 win 0 shots against

Oxford 2-0 win only 3 shots against 2 off target 1 blocked

Newcastle 2-0 win 8 shots against but no CCCs - rachubka living up to his shambling real live self, getting sent off on 91mins for catching! a ball but under no pressure going outside the area - something I've never seen on any FM :S

so my team is

GK Lonergan/the worst player to wear a Leeds shirt

DR Parnaby(hopefully)Connolly

DRC Lees/Gioda

DLC Kisnorbo/Gimpel

DL Pugh/Parker

DM Hosni/Grondin Anchor man

MRC Howson/Clayton B2B

MLC Brown BWM

AMR Snoddy/Fernandez/Vayrynen

AML McCourt/White

SC Quintero/Felipe/Becchio/McCormack/Forsell

debating whether to sell McCormack as I can't sell forsell or Becchio, or whether to wait while january and get rid of them then

the site hasn't been working properly for me for about 2 hours! couldn't see any of them names nicko but as you can see I think I'm sorted, appealing at the moment for Hosni.

even though it was an agent that told me about hosni, he didn't get a work permit, gunna try again, then ill try one of the ones you mentioned above

Haven't been on cause I've been in England the last few days! Hopefully more updates soon but I finally saw Elland Road IRL for the first time on Saturday when I passed it on the train to Southampton from Newcastle. Great moment.

Hi everyone, read this thread religiously for the past few years, but haven't posted in a long time! Anyway, I won't bore you with my frankly unimpressive tale of how I've fared so far on FM but I'm currently in my 2nd season and am sitting 13th in the Prem in January. I'm not sure if any of you have discovered yourselves, but the French National Football Academy is listed as an actual club on FM - 'Institut National du Football de Clairefontaine' or INF Clairefontaine for short, and I just picked up 4 potential superstars by the looks of things! Could be worth a look yourselves, as they're all cheap as chips, and all were happy to come. I can't tell you how they've performed as I've only just bought 'em, but I will (attempt to) post some screengrabs - apologies if this doesn't go well!

2quje4l.jpg

snf04w.jpg

mwcf86.jpg

zjf88x.jpg

Hopefully they all posted ok, but I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing how these develop! I know most of them play in the same/similar positions to one another, but I figured if I couldn't at least retrain them to play elsewhere I could probably sell them for a decent profit!

Good to read all your stories, and again, apologies if I've blatantly missed out somebody posting these before! Let us all know if you find any similar gems!

even though it was an agent that told me about hosni, he didn't get a work permit, gunna try again, then ill try one of the ones you mentioned above

Hi Boss

Would highly recommend Drahun if he's still available, Best DM/MCd in my team

Hi everyone, read this thread religiously for the past few years, but haven't posted in a long time! Anyway, I won't bore you with my frankly unimpressive tale of how I've fared so far on FM but I'm currently in my 2nd season and am sitting 13th in the Prem in January. I'm not sure if any of you have discovered yourselves, but the French National Football Academy is listed as an actual club on FM - 'Institut National du Football de Clairefontaine' or INF Clairefontaine for short, and I just picked up 4 potential superstars by the looks of things! Could be worth a look yourselves, as they're all cheap as chips, and all were happy to come. I can't tell you how they've performed as I've only just bought 'em, but I will (attempt to) post some screengrabs - apologies if this doesn't go well!

2quje4l.jpg

snf04w.jpg

mwcf86.jpg

zjf88x.jpg

Hopefully they all posted ok, but I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing how these develop! I know most of them play in the same/similar positions to one another, but I figured if I couldn't at least retrain them to play elsewhere I could probably sell them for a decent profit!

Good to read all your stories, and again, apologies if I've blatantly missed out somebody posting these before! Let us all know if you find any similar gems!

do you have the french leagues on view only or full ? as if you have it on full im guessing you wont get the regens coming through..

unfortunately frimpong doesn't want to come so I have signed Christophe grondin for 400k and Hosni, an egyptian DM 26 y/o and has 82 apps for them, 2.2mil though just waiting for a w/p which surely he will get! I also intend on getting Parnaby in september for lower wages!

I've gone for my own variation of a 4-1-2-2-1 with 1 DM and 2 Cms using the newer system.

so all my transfers are as follows: -

hopefully Parnaby free

Gioda 250k

Quintero 2.2mil

Hosni 2.2mil

Grondin 400k

Fernandez 1.1mil

McCourt 2mil

felipe free - actually has done well in pre season so far!

Moises free

Salva Ruiz free - you cannot pass up on these as they are on youth contracts 55 quid a week

outs

sam free

bromby 16k loan fee

Nunez 900k

Bruce 825k

Barn door 75k loan fee

O'Brien 750k

so far I have had success with the tactic defensively - albeit only 3 games in!

leeds res 8-0 win 0 shots against

Oxford 2-0 win only 3 shots against 2 off target 1 blocked

Newcastle 2-0 win 8 shots against but no CCCs - rachubka living up to his shambling real live self, getting sent off on 91mins for catching! a ball but under no pressure going outside the area - something I've never seen on any FM :S

so my team is

GK Lonergan/the worst player to wear a Leeds shirt

DR Parnaby(hopefully)Connolly

DRC Lees/Gioda

DLC Kisnorbo/Gimpel

DL Pugh/Parker

DM Hosni/Grondin Anchor man

MRC Howson/Clayton B2B

MLC Brown BWM

AMR Snoddy/Fernandez/Vayrynen

AML McCourt/White

SC Quintero/Felipe/Becchio/McCormack/Forsell

debating whether to sell McCormack as I can't sell forsell or Becchio, or whether to wait while january and get rid of them then

Might be worth keeping McCormack for a little while as you will only get 1.8mill for him anyway.

Look at selling Forsell & Becchio in Jan ?

do you have the french leagues on view only or full ? as if you have it on full im guessing you wont get the regens coming through..

I only have the English, Scottish, Spanish and German leagues added. If necessary, player's can now add league's midway through a saved game now can't they too?