FM12: Leeds United - Bring back the glory days

AidanofLFC

Right.

Had to have a restart (along with a rethink) & this is squad at mo

GK Lonergan Rachubka Luciani (Italian Free)

DR Bandalovski Parnaby

DCs Gioda Lees

DCc Caruzzo Gimpel

DL Silva Pugh

MCa Bressan Howson

MCd Jali Letsholonyane

AMR Fernandez Dayton

AML Shikabala White

STaf Quinrtero Velikonja

STdlf Wilfried LuaLua

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right.

Had to have a restart (along with a rethink) & this is squad at mo

GK Lonergan Rachubka Luciani (Italian Free)

DR Bandalovski Parnaby

DCs Gioda Lees

DCc Caruzzo Gimpel

DL Silva Pugh

MCa Bressan Howson

MCd Jali Letsholonyane

AMR Fernandez Dayton

AML Shikabala White

STaf Quinrtero Velikonja

STdlf Wilfried LuaLua

Elland, great side; you'll win the Championship by miles. Many of those players will do well in the Prem too.

I've taken a bit of time away from FM recently due to other stuff. I've picked up my Leeds save in the 2nd season and have been using this tactic:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287905-Mr-Hough-Boots-To-Asses-FM12

It is very, very powerful.

Elland, great side; you'll win the Championship by miles. Many of those players will do well in the Prem too.

I've taken a bit of time away from FM recently due to other stuff. I've picked up my Leeds save in the 2nd season and have been using this tactic:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/287905-Mr-Hough-Boots-To-Asses-FM12

It is very, very powerful.

Thanks mate.

Have sent you a private message through this page.

Can you have a look?

ive checked that tactic out.. only seems to work on the level that your DC will become top scorer and whoever takes the corners will be top assister...

ive always refused to use corner exploits .. id rather a tactic win me the league on merit :(

I'm finding different, 19 wins in 23 games since I started using the tactic. Turned the season round tbh.

how many goals scored for corners though? i have no doubt its successful... but id be interested to see how it fares wit the corner exploits off

im just cynical in my old age about such things i guess.... ignore me lol

A fair few! I do know what you mean though and they are cheap goals. I justify it to myself on the basis that they compensate for the direct free kicks & long range screamers that the AI opposition scores!

hey guys I tried this tactic that you found nicko as the other 1 which was useful has to be said, getting hammered all game and losing 2-0 against stoke wasn't appealing to me so when this came up and read the thread, I thought why not

my results so far have been : -

Norwich H 3-0 win - none of the goals from corners

Villa in the cup H 2-1 win aet both goal from corners

Newcastle A 3-2 win 2 of the goals from corners

Arsenal H 3-1 win none of the goals from corners

so it seems that when I'm struggling to make a breakthrough I always have the chance through corners, although doesn't work everytime, it is right though that you're gunna end up most likely with a DC top scorer

next up is Man U at home so we shall see how I get on

just got back from the doctors with 2 plasters on my arms and well what can I say

just beaten Man U 4-2, was 4-0 at 80mins - 2 goals from corners -1 was an own goal - quintero also missed a pen

currently 2nd at the minute behind Man C

the other goals were well worked so its good that the tactic isn't totally reliant on the corners

just got back from the doctors with 2 plasters on my arms and well what can I say

just beaten Man U 4-2, was 4-0 at 80mins - 2 goals from corners -1 was an own goal - quintero also missed a pen

currently 2nd at the minute behind Man C

the other goals were well worked so its good that the tactic isn't totally reliant on the corners

Hope that you are ok pal?

Amazing result that. I like the quick tempo of the passing in the tactic. Turned the season around for me. Think we'll finish 5th in the Prem with maybe a cup or two. :)

yeah I'm fine just having some tests for my thyroid (sp?) my mum and bro have a problem with theirs.

followed it up with a 3-2 win away at bolton with a shawcross hatrick lol so. find myself top after 8 games played with 19 points, spurs can overtake me if they win their 3 games in hand on goal difference, but so far its looking good, just been put under a transfer embargo, hopefully it will be lifted by january

Well, season 2 finished...Transfers were...

Season2Transfers.jpg

Season2Update.jpg

Very successful season, 2 cups in the bag and also finished 5th in the League, which is way beyond what I could of hoped for really. Despite having the "Tycoon" takeover he hasn't really thrown money at me in the Transfer windows, we've had a lot of upgrades of Training Facilities etc, and plenty of money generally getting tipped into the bank, but nothing really to shout about in terms of transfer investment.

Season 3 opened with a budget of £40m which was quickly spent on...

Season3Transfers.jpg

Had to promise Euro qualification, which shouldn't be a problem. I've got a nice squad at the moment and I hope to be able to bring in one or two massive, world class names in January and the next summer window. Two primary targets are Rossi & Gotze. Really wanted Hamsik as well, but City spent £32m on him, so he's off the radar.

On a side note, City's front 6 (including CM's) is now - Asamoah, Hamsik, Silva, Nasri, Ganso & Aguero. With Balotelli, Dzeko, Toure & Milner on the bench. Amazing.

Well, season 2 finished...Transfers were...

Season2Transfers.jpg

Season2Update.jpg

Very successful season, 2 cups in the bag and also finished 5th in the League, which is way beyond what I could of hoped for really. Despite having the "Tycoon" takeover he hasn't really thrown money at me in the Transfer windows, we've had a lot of upgrades of Training Facilities etc, and plenty of money generally getting tipped into the bank, but nothing really to shout about in terms of transfer investment.

Season 3 opened with a budget of £40m which was quickly spent on...

Season3Transfers.jpg

Had to promise Euro qualification, which shouldn't be a problem. I've got a nice squad at the moment and I hope to be able to bring in one or two massive, world class names in January and the next summer window. Two primary targets are Rossi & Gotze. Really wanted Hamsik as well, but City spent £32m on him, so he's off the radar.

On a side note, City's front 6 (including CM's) is now - Asamoah, Hamsik, Silva, Nasri, Ganso & Aguero. With Balotelli, Dzeko, Toure & Milner on the bench. Amazing.

Very nice side you are pulling together, interesting that you also bought ter Stegen;how amazing are his attributes for a 20 year old? Congrats on a great season Macca!

Hi lads

Just been reading through Forums & if you want quality french regens I suggest you subscribe to the French National Youth Team "INF Clairefontaine" they produce top quality regens from 2012.

There is also another one from Ukraine called "RGUOR Minsk"

First load of regens appeared at INF in my save in 2013. Sadly they were all Championship potential. :(

An update from me. Finished 5th in the Prem in the 2012/13 season, adding the Charity Shield, retaining the League Cup but falling just short in the Euro Cup (finalists) and the FA Cup (semi-finalists). I used Mr Hough's "Boots to Asses" for the majority of the season, scoring lots of goals but conceding lots too. I've applied the suggested "tweaks" and am hoping that we'll concede fewer!

I've been pretty hard nosed with transfer dealings and have sold the likes of Wilfried, Quintero, Shikabala, Caruzzo, Zezinho, Augusto Fernandez for good money. I've brought in Welliton, Yaroslav Rakitskyi, Mbaye Niang, Pavel Niakhaichyk and Willian.

Side is now:

GK ter Stegen, Luis Guilherme, Buckland.

DR Mario Fernandes, Romario.

DL Gabriel Silva.

DC Rakitskyi, Rafael Toloi.

DMC Kara, Jali.

MC Jali, Bressan, McDonald Mariga.

AMR Willian.

AML Niakhaicyk.

ST Welliton, Niang.

Likes of Fleck, Crisetig, Yaisen, Ilori, Figueirido and regens fill out the squad.

I think we can push on and get a Champions League spot.

Does anyone know if signing 6 players in January can be responsible for damaging form?

In my first season, as mentioned previously, I didn't really vary much from starting squad in 1st half of the season. But I was far from happy about the standard of youth players in that starting squad - only Monty Gimpel and Aidy White, along with Tom Lees, offered any great potential.

So I signed many players in January - but it was all players that were under 18. To offer some squad depth now, but to fill out those squad rules in future years too - the home grown rule. But the league season ended up being a struggle to the title - trying out different tactics, etc, but none settled long term. And I wonder if it would have been easier if I hadn't added 6 players - even though they weren't for first team use.

Somehow, I pulled off a run to the FA Cup Final though. :) I won matches against Arsenal (who fielded half a reserve side admittedly,) Aston Villa and Everton on the way - so it wasn't down to easy draws (and I didn't replay games til I won either!) But despite Man Utd adopting a similar attitude to Arsenal - even though it was the final - I got a bit outclassed in the final. :(

Positive side being, that I got a European place, due to Man Utd having a Champions League spot.

Below are the details of my transfers so far as I approach the end of August 2012.

transferss1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't get anything in the way of transfer fees inwards in that first season, so it was only at start of January that I got a boost in funds due to league position. I confirmed Pugh's transfer, added some very promising youngsters, and arranged the signings of Bandalovski, and Sibbald for the Summer. Bandalovski is a RB I've seen recommended on here, that I couldn't get right away as he had already played for 2 clubs that season.

Sibbald is a promising left winger from Falkirk. Stephen Hendrie - another 16 year old Scot - from Hamilton actually saw some 1st team action at Left Back in the first season. And I've already rejected a bid from Man City for Polwarth - a very promising MC/AMC.

transferss2.jpg

Obviously promotion brings a vastly increased transfer kitty - and I actually sold some players too! (Mainly to Ipswich - I'm not sure why. )

Centre Back was a major concern - so Shawcross was one of my biggest signings. The Boyata signing was a bit unexpected - I failed to get a loan deal - but then a French club had a transfer offer accepted so I matched it. My other major signings were from Ajax - plundering a new front 2 of sorts - with one now playing behind the other.

The others were trying to strengthen squad with little outlay. Joe Lewis is my new GK, Buttner can play anywhere down the left, and Pekalski was a bargain option for centre midfield - a 21 year old Swede that will join a centre midfield rotation in my side now.

I was still looking for another attacking option - so was happy to pay a £1.1m loan fee for Vela for the season. I have the option to make it permanent for £3.5m at any time.

Does anyone know if signing 6 players in January can be responsible for damaging form?

In my first season, as mentioned previously, I didn't really vary much from starting squad in 1st half of the season. But I was far from happy about the standard of youth players in that starting squad - only Monty Gimpel and Aidy White, along with Tom Lees, offered any great potential.

So I signed many players in January - but it was all players that were under 18. To offer some squad depth now, but to fill out those squad rules in future years too - the home grown rule. But the league season ended up being a struggle to the title - trying out different tactics, etc, but none settled long term. And I wonder if it would have been easier if I hadn't added 6 players - even though they weren't for first team use.

Somehow, I pulled off a run to the FA Cup Final though. :) I won matches against Arsenal (who fielded half a reserve side admittedly,) Aston Villa and Everton on the way - so it wasn't down to easy draws (and I didn't replay games til I won either!) But despite Man Utd adopting a similar attitude to Arsenal - even though it was the final - I got a bit outclassed in the final. :(

Positive side being, that I got a European place, due to Man Utd having a Champions League spot.

Below are the details of my transfers so far as I approach the end of August 2012.

transferss1.jpg

I didn't get anything in the way of transfer fees inwards in that first season, so it was only at start of January that I got a boost in funds due to league position. I confirmed Pugh's transfer, added some very promising youngsters, and arranged the signings of Bandalovski, and Sibbald for the Summer. Bandalovski is a RB I've seen recommended on here, that I couldn't get right away as he had already played for 2 clubs that season.

Sibbald is a promising left winger from Falkirk. Stephen Hendrie - another 16 year old Scot - from Hamilton actually saw some 1st team action at Left Back in the first season. And I've already rejected a bid from Man City for Polwarth - a very promising MC/AMC.

transferss2.jpg

Obviously promotion brings a vastly increased transfer kitty - and I actually sold some players too! (Mainly to Ipswich - I'm not sure why. )

Centre Back was a major concern - so Shawcross was one of my biggest signings. The Boyata signing was a bit unexpected - I failed to get a loan deal - but then a French club had a transfer offer accepted so I matched it. My other major signings were from Ajax - plundering a new front 2 of sorts - with one now playing behind the other.

The others were trying to strengthen squad with little outlay. Joe Lewis is my new GK, Buttner can play anywhere down the left, and Pekalski was a bargain option for centre midfield - a 21 year old Swede that will join a centre midfield rotation in my side now.

I was still looking for another attacking option - so was happy to pay a £1.1m loan fee for Vela for the season. I have the option to make it permanent for £3.5m at any time.

I think any Jan signings influence team.

They will take a long time to blend into squad, only worth signing if you have lot of injuries & are down to bare bones.

Perhaps 1 or 2 good signings at most

Just completed Season 3, and I can safely say it was the most enjoyable season I think I've ever had on an FM game for years. The last 2 games we're amazing.

Man City we're 4 points ahead of me at the top with only 2 games to go, 2 straightforward games they should win easily. Cue Mancini to talk to the press...

Mancini.jpg

For some unfathomable reason they totally and completely bottled it and ended up with...Don't you just love it when managers make an arse of themselves ?

ManCityLast2.jpg

Which left the league looking like...

PremTableSeason3.jpg

Unbelievable. Added to this I retained the FA cup and won the Euro League, so a nice little treble to add to the cabinet. The players we're brilliant, take your pick from the below for the player of the season, but for me it's a choice between ter Stegen (Nicko, you are 100% right this kid is a top class keeper) and Sturridge (probably the best free transfer ever!).

SquadS3.jpg

Love it. Hard to know what to do next year, Smithies & Snodgrass are unhappy so they will go, will try and bring in 2 world class names and head into the Champions League!

Just reached the jan transfer window and in the previous couple of month i got a takeover yay! from some italian fella, he hasnt given me too much to spend but enough to bring in what i believe is some real quality players for the league im currently in, sat 6th in the league so far my team now looks like...

GK: Lonergan, Rachubka

WBL: Pugh, White, Parker

WBR: Connolly, Lichaj

LD(x): Lescalles, McAuley (loan), Gimpel & Nick Montgomery once trained to be a CB

BPD©: Lees

ML: Watt, Bradley Johnson

DLP: Clayton, Michael Johnson

AP: Howson

AMR: Hammill

TM: Becchio, Hulse

P: Beckford (loan), Mccormack, Fraizer Campbell

Just completed Season 3, and I can safely say it was the most enjoyable season I think I've ever had on an FM game for years. The last 2 games we're amazing.

Man City we're 4 points ahead of me at the top with only 2 games to go, 2 straightforward games they should win easily. Cue Mancini to talk to the press...

Mancini.jpg

For some unfathomable reason they totally and completely bottled it and ended up with...Don't you just love it when managers make an arse of themselves ?

ManCityLast2.jpg

Which left the league looking like...

PremTableSeason3.jpg

Unbelievable. Added to this I retained the FA cup and won the Euro League, so a nice little treble to add to the cabinet. The players we're brilliant, take your pick from the below for the player of the season, but for me it's a choice between ter Stegen (Nicko, you are 100% right this kid is a top class keeper) and Sturridge (probably the best free transfer ever!).

SquadS3.jpg

Love it. Hard to know what to do next year, Smithies & Snodgrass are unhappy so they will go, will try and bring in 2 world class names and head into the Champions League!

Great update Macca - what a season! Side is looking really good, loads of HG players too. Be interested to see who you bring in.

I've just finished the first season and got promoted.

I'm now setting off into the Prem, with pretty much the same sqaud (I only brough in Parnaby as RB) but Uncle Ken has given me 20M to spend.

is there any players i should be looking at? I would like to strengthen my core (DC,MC,ST)

Also, did anyone elses assistant manager refuse to negotiate a new contract? I could been on the look out for one of those too.

Good thread by the way :)

I've just finished the first season and got promoted.

I'm now setting off into the Prem, with pretty much the same sqaud (I only brough in Parnaby as RB) but Uncle Ken has given me 20M to spend.

is there any players i should be looking at? I would like to strengthen my core (DC,MC,ST)

Also, did anyone elses assistant manager refuse to negotiate a new contract? I could been on the look out for one of those too.

Good thread by the way :)

In terms of the Ass Man, I use Roberto Rojas from when I can afford his wages; good all round Ass Man stats and his coaching stats are pretty decent too.

In terms of players, suggest you have a browse through the thread. There have been literally loads tipped on here!

Welcome to the thread!

In terms of the Ass Man, I use Roberto Rojas from when I can afford his wages; good all round Ass Man stats and his coaching stats are pretty decent too.

In terms of players, suggest you have a browse through the thread. There have been literally loads tipped on here!

Welcome to the thread!

I signed Kolbeinn from Ajax as my Striker - he had a slow start but now scores most games after taking 5 games to get going. He's recommended as Deep Lying Forward. My other signing from Ajax has been amazing - Christian Eriksen. Playing just behing Kolbeinn. (Yes I am trying to avoid typing strange Icelandic letters.) If you prefer a Target Man there's an Ivorian playing in Eastern Europe that has good speed, and is 6'8"! I can't remember his name just now - but he was recommended by a scout after I signed Kolbeinn.

EDIT: Lacina Traore is his name. 6'8 and 14 pace. Is at Kuban in my game having signed from CFR Cluj (think he does start game at Kuban, but has only just signed there) - scout report says he can become leading Premier Division Striker.

There is also the widely recommended, Wilfried - has minimum fee release of £2.5m, but I couldn't get a work permit for him, although many have.

As for CB - many have recommended Shawcross who tends to be available for around 9-12m depending how you pay the fee. And I'll back that up. I've also got Boyata from Man City who's started great too. Both averaging about 7.5 - but it's early days.

Also not sure if my flukey Euro qualification helped me sign those 4 - I've posted my full list of signings above.

But I agree with going high cost down the spine - and just pick up bargains for wide areas. And check players offered to you - I've picked up German GK released by Man City, and a DM released by Inter Milan that way - and both have great reports on their potential.

Great update Macca - what a season! Side is looking really good, loads of HG players too. Be interested to see who you bring in.

Cheers (and to you WelshAce).

Just about to start up for season 4 tonight, would be great to get some advice off you all. I want to try and keep a British theme through the team, but it looks like it will start to dwindle, the prices are sky high for anyone good enough to fit in the squad.

Snodgrass, Rose, Smithies, White & Fleck will all be gone, all want first team football and White won't even consider a new contract. Have a few regens signing who will go out on Loan to make sure my HG quota for the next few seasons is ok, but am struggling to find quality players who can come in who are British.

I want Gotze really badly, but Dortmund are asking £50m plus, I feel like I should bring in a World Class striker, but after the Season Sturridge has had, hard to drop him.

I might have a look at Milner as a utility man, but my CM & DM positions are well looked after and won't sign anyone for first team here. Plan is to have a traditional winger & inside forward for AML & AMR to fit with my tactical options, but don't want to go down the foriegn / regen route just yet...

Plan is to find...

DR (Backup)

DL (First Team)

DC (Backup)

AMR - Winger (Rotation)

AML - Inside Forward (Rotation)

Any input would be most welcome...

hows bannan//albrighton looking? they can sometimes get left behind by Villa and all 3 are just superb , and HG of course...

mattock for lb?, luke shaw from southampton can turn out well aswell

martin olssen from blackburn?

jack collison

james mccarthy

joe ledley

martin kelly

jack cork

shelvey

james tomkins

caulker

cathcart

hoilett

marc wilson

maynard

chris mccann

interestinggly i found a chilian with english second nationality playing for genoa who wasnt bad the other day.. felipe seymour

hows bannan//albrighton looking? they can sometimes get left behind by Villa and all 3 are just superb , and HG of course...

jack collison

james mccarthy

joe ledley

martin kelly

jack cork

shelvey

james tomkins

caulker

cathcart

hoilett

marc wilson

maynard

chris mccann

interestinggly i found a chilian with english second nationality playing for genoa who wasnt bad the other day.. felipe seymour

Haven't checked the game to see if it's in the game, but I was surprised to read that Liverpool's defender, Sebastian Coates, would be eligible for Scotland (Scottish Grandfather) if he hadn't already played for Uruguay. It was in some article that mentioned Jonjo Shelvey may get called up for Scotland.

But some second nationalities are very surprising.

jack collison

james mccarthy

joe ledley

martin kelly

jack cork

shelvey

james tomkins

caulker

cathcart

hoilett

marc wilson

maynard

chris mccann

Albrighton is a good shout, had a look at him and his pace is only 13, shame, not really quick enough for my liking.

I've solved the DC problem, a brilliant signing (for more than one reason, i'll share when the window shuts and I do a quick update!). Blackburn want £10m for Hoilett, and to be honest if i'm paying that sort of money, I'll pay the £13 Arsenal are asking for Chamberlain.

Milner is still on the radar, but not at £17.5m. Hopefully he'll fall out of favour at City and I can grab him.

Striker wise still not decided, I can't justify dropping Sturridge. Although I'm toying with Balotelli, his stats are great but if I do I know I'll end up with a huge headache...

Just finished my first season with Leeds with the clear goal of creating immediate success.

I apologize in advance for the screen shots, it's in danish ;)

My transfers for the season looked like the following (divide by 8,5 to get values in pound):

Alessio Sestu was truly the signing of the season, and he went on to become the nPower player of the year scoring 13 and making an astonishing 48 assists in all competitions.

Wilfried and Samaras joined me in the winter transfer window, as Keogh left. Värynen and Kisnorbo took their departure in the winter as well.

1ssontransfers.png

It was truly an amazing season, resulting in promotion with 7 matches to go, and a new record in 126 goals scored:

npowertabel.png

I've been using the MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.3 tactic, and this has really been the foundation for the success - along with the signings performing well.

Now i'm looking forward to battling in the premiership where Leeds belong. Any suggestions on second season "must-buy"s?

Albrighton is a good shout, had a look at him and his pace is only 13, shame, not really quick enough for my liking.

I've solved the DC problem, a brilliant signing (for more than one reason, i'll share when the window shuts and I do a quick update!). Blackburn want £10m for Hoilett, and to be honest if i'm paying that sort of money, I'll pay the £13 Arsenal are asking for Chamberlain.

Milner is still on the radar, but not at £17.5m. Hopefully he'll fall out of favour at City and I can grab him.

Striker wise still not decided, I can't justify dropping Sturridge. Although I'm toying with Balotelli, his stats are great but if I do I know I'll end up with a huge headache...

Really interesting couple of posts there on HG players and the increasing wage demands of players as you get further into the game. I can't add much to what has been said, but I guess there are the obvious suggestions from the PA shortlist - Robinson/Sterling from Liverpool (but they will want lots for them) and Ismail from Wolves.

In terms of my game, I've started again (again). I've realised that I need to be more aggressive in transfer dealings in the second season, because come the third season the wage demands of players border on the edge of what I'm prepared to pay. For example, repeated negotiations with Niang's agent got him down to £25k a week - this for an 18 yo player. So I've fired up another game and am just into October 2011. I've signed the likes of Bandalovski, Gabriel Silva, Gioda, Caruzzo, Shikabala, Fernandez, Quintero, Jali, Drahun, Bressan again, but also added:

Adam Vass, DM, Lua Lua, Mouche ST, Zacarias (DM/DC Brazilian freebie), Pierre Wome DL, Andre Hansen GK, Vitinho ST, Agustin Torassa ST, Tiago Ilori DC. Didn't sign Wilfried this time - just too many injuries and blazing of shots in to the crowd for me. I plumped for Quintero as the lone ST, but did have to pay a whopping £3M over 48 months for him this save.

I'm using the "tweaked version" of Mr Hough's boots to asses. This version concedes much fewer goals but still scores them - including the ones from corners!

You guys keep restarting! Should stick with it! :D

Anyway yeah, so another season done, more trophies won etc, including:

ACMilanvLeedsInformation_Overview.png

Champions of Europe!

Fitting that Rocha got the winning goal, he's turned in to a bit of a superstar:

RochaOverview_Attributes-3.png

Plus Carlos Fierro is still my main striker, he's now managed over 40 goals per season in all competitions for the last 4 seasons. :thup:

Really interesting couple of posts there on HG players and the increasing wage demands of players as you get further into the game. I can't add much to what has been said, but I guess there are the obvious suggestions from the PA shortlist - Robinson/Sterling from Liverpool (but they will want lots for them) and Ismail from Wolves.

In terms of my game, I've started again (again). I've realised that I need to be more aggressive in transfer dealings in the second season, because come the third season the wage demands of players border on the edge of what I'm prepared to pay. For example, repeated negotiations with Niang's agent got him down to £25k a week - this for an 18 yo player. So I've fired up another game and am just into October 2011. I've signed the likes of Bandalovski, Gabriel Silva, Gioda, Caruzzo, Shikabala, Fernandez, Quintero, Jali, Drahun, Bressan again, but also added:

Adam Vass, DM, Lua Lua, Mouche ST, Zacarias (DM/DC Brazilian freebie), Pierre Wome DL, Andre Hansen GK, Vitinho ST, Agustin Torassa ST, Tiago Ilori DC. Didn't sign Wilfried this time - just too many injuries and blazing of shots in to the crowd for me. I plumped for Quintero as the lone ST, but did have to pay a whopping £3M over 48 months for him this save.

I'm using the "tweaked version" of Mr Hough's boots to asses. This version concedes much fewer goals but still scores them - including the ones from corners!

id be really interested to know who you sold and which gabriel silva, fernandez and vitinho those are...

hey guys just wanted to mention a couple of things about my progress as leeds. just finished season 1 and won the championship by 9 points. kept pretty much the basis of the existing squad and just got rid of the flotsam and jetsam on the fringes to raise some cash (bromby, paynter, varynen). switched between a 442 standard but with snoddy pushed forward into AMR role and a 451 with AMR/AML. transfers in were minimal - lichaj on loan for the season + a DM from french side renais for $1.8M - Georges Mandjeck. had some injury difficulties with howson, white, keogh & mccromack all missing more than 6 weeks each. A couple of observations.....

- noticed that most people on here terminated keogh's loan - I didn't and it paid dividends. As an advanced forward with moves into channels he is a machine in either a 2 or 1 forward setup. He ended up with 33 goals in all competitions despite missing 6 weeks. he does all the hard work just like IRL but actually finishes too in the game.

- played Lees at CB all year and despite a couple of horror games (probably 3 over the season) he developed very quickly and ended up as young player of the year

- Snoddy was player of the year in the champ - 18 goals and 22 assists. he was fantastic. he was an IF in one of my setups and a winger in the other but class regardless.

- found that howson played better as a playmaker and clayton played better as a box to box player even if stats and real life would suggest differently but there you go

- had a bit of a revolving door as the second striker with mccormack, becchio and forsell all having good spells but ultimately inconsistent (hence the move to have a 451 as an alternate formation). this is my key area for improvement in the prem next season

- aidy white made heaps of progress during the year

- need much better cover in defense - if i had my first choice setup of white - paddy - lees - lichaj I was fine but I could hardly even watch the screen when I had to play connolly or o'brien or o'dear - must add some more strength in this area as even with winning the league had only the 8th best defence in the champ

- found that adding the DM really made a difference to my team - gave me the classic midfield trio when I used the 451. 1 to get it (mandjeck), 1 to give it (howson) and 1 to go (clayton)

hey guys just wanted to mention a couple of things about my progress as leeds. just finished season 1 and won the championship by 9 points. kept pretty much the basis of the existing squad and just got rid of the flotsam and jetsam on the fringes to raise some cash (bromby, paynter, varynen). switched between a 442 standard but with snoddy pushed forward into AMR role and a 451 with AMR/AML. transfers in were minimal - lichaj on loan for the season + a DM from french side renais for $1.8M - Georges Mandjeck. had some injury difficulties with howson, white, keogh & mccromack all missing more than 6 weeks each. A couple of observations.....

- noticed that most people on here terminated keogh's loan - I didn't and it paid dividends. As an advanced forward with moves into channels he is a machine in either a 2 or 1 forward setup. He ended up with 33 goals in all competitions despite missing 6 weeks. he does all the hard work just like IRL but actually finishes too in the game.

- played Lees at CB all year and despite a couple of horror games (probably 3 over the season) he developed very quickly and ended up as young player of the year

- Snoddy was player of the year in the champ - 18 goals and 22 assists. he was fantastic. he was an IF in one of my setups and a winger in the other but class regardless.

- found that howson played better as a playmaker and clayton played better as a box to box player even if stats and real life would suggest differently but there you go

- had a bit of a revolving door as the second striker with mccormack, becchio and forsell all having good spells but ultimately inconsistent (hence the move to have a 451 as an alternate formation). this is my key area for improvement in the prem next season

- aidy white made heaps of progress during the year

- need much better cover in defense - if i had my first choice setup of white - paddy - lees - lichaj I was fine but I could hardly even watch the screen when I had to play connolly or o'brien or o'dear - must add some more strength in this area as even with winning the league had only the 8th best defence in the champ

- found that adding the DM really made a difference to my team - gave me the classic midfield trio when I used the 451. 1 to get it (mandjeck), 1 to give it (howson) and 1 to go (clayton)

Really good update that. Interesting info about Keogh, worried about signing him in Jan IRL...

hey guys currently in the jan transfer window after a take over by the prof, sat in 3rd 1st season in the prem - just completed the double against Man U :p this after going 4 games without a win, signed adam johnson, witsel and rodwell.

1 question i have, is it worth buying walcott and if so is he worth 31.5million over 48 months - I've agreed terms and everything but I wont be on it till monday most likely now so I have time to cancel the transfer, quintero and fierro havent been producing the goods for me unfortunately - quintero has 9 goals in 20 apps and fierro 6 in about 24

hey guys currently in the jan transfer window after a take over by the prof, sat in 3rd 1st season in the prem - just completed the double against Man U :p this after going 4 games without a win, signed adam johnson, witsel and rodwell.

1 question i have, is it worth buying walcott and if so is he worth 31.5million over 48 months - I've agreed terms and everything but I wont be on it till monday most likely now so I have time to cancel the transfer, quintero and fierro havent been producing the goods for me unfortunately - quintero has 9 goals in 20 apps and fierro 6 in about 24

Going well Geesus! I have never used Walcott, so I can't give you an opinion. Maybe post in the should I buy/sell thread? Quintero is just about the perfect ST in the Championship, but I came to the view that he wasn't quite good enough in the Prem. I'm planning to sell him in my new save - if I can sign someone better for the price!

walcott is gauranteed to get you goals , his pace alone solves that issue but the question would be is his pace enough to justify the 30+million considering you else you might be able to get for that?

I'd give Walcott a miss, for sheer pace and a much better all round forward, look at Paloschi & Sturridge. Waaaayyyyy cheaper and will get you just as many goals. If you really want Walcott, wait another season or so, he's unhappy at Arsenal on my save (4th year) and his price has dropped...

Archived