FM12: Leandro Damião

Welshace

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paid £21m or so in the second season for him and he does seem to be a complete beast. Scored 5 on his debut, but does have dry spells and I agree he does miss a lot of chances. I think he's like 24 goals in 17 games, so I can't complain too much! Still needs to settle a bit I think.

I'm not on the game at the mo, so can anyone see if he has any PPM's?

He has shoots with power IIRC. I think this is the reason for his dry spells. In form a powerful shot on target is usually a goal, out of form its row Z.

Been looking at this lad for a few years on my game but his value has risen so highly in the last season at Internacional (Think it's about 19m at the minute) so I may have to pay a lot of money for him.

I wanted to get him earlier on as his reputation to start with isn't that big so he wouldn't ask for bucket loads in signing on fee's and wages I wouldn't of thought.

I have had no luck asking him to stop shooting with power but he has learned to round the keeper and is pretty consistent in front of goal for me now. I'm playing him as a lone striker in a 4-2-1-2-1 as poacher and he's just finished the season with 34 from 32 in the prem.

The fee's being spojen about here are crazy! I've never seen him for anything less than £40m on a few different saves? Even going up to £60/70 when in form!

Finally got my Chairman to negotiate a deal for him at £35m and am looking forward to using him.

I really hate Shoots With Power - it's the most annoying preferred move available and if Damiao didn't have it, he'd score so many more goals. Dammit.

Signed him for £19m in summer 2012 for my Prem and FA cup winning Liverpool side. He did the business against Man City in the community shield but has been a bit off in the first 3 league games. He does miss a lot of clear chances. Might have something to do with having a fairly low technique for someone of his ability. May also explain why he can't be trained to place shots.

How is everyone getting him so cheap? Internacional want over 70 million for him, I bid up to 50 million and then gave up haha!

It seems to make a significant difference in the selling price of Brazilian players if you have the Brazilian league loaded or not. If you load the league, the price of seems to go up. That may not be the case for everyone who is getting him "cheap", but may be why some are able to.

It seems to make a significant difference in the selling price of Brazilian players if you have the Brazilian league loaded or not. If you load the league, the price of seems to go up. That may not be the case for everyone who is getting him "cheap", but may be why some are able to.

This probably explains it, I have the Brazilian leagues loaded. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed him for £24m Over 48 Months with Everton. Had him as CF for 1st half of season - 7 Goals in 17. Second half of season as a Poacher - 20 Goals in 19 Games.

He is unreal. Scoring goals for fun & blending into PL life. Plays up front with Eriksen behind. Deadly combo. Rippeed Manure & Chelski apart. Starts have got much better over one season & will be best striker on the game if he continues. Can't wait to try him in CL in season 2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

do you guys reckon that playing 2 poachers up front will work as i already have Cavani at lfc as a poacher but just signed this guy for 28m been trying to get him for 3 seasons just never been able to until now.

• 1 month later...

This guy is weird, his stats aren't that brilliant but he does score... and often. However he never scored for me when I really needed him too.

I always scout players before buying and if there is a striker that has strengths of "Consistency and Enjoys big matches" I always pick them even if there stats are slighty worse.

Imo, for the money you need to sign this guy there are strikers who might score less but will score in more important matches.

Brilliant player.

20 goals in all competitions in his first season for me (2012/2013). Would have been more if it wasn't for a big error on my part.

Word of advice... DO NOT teach him the ppm "Likes to beat offside trap" as it totally takes away from his all round game.

• 2 weeks later...
Well after reading these posts 15 mill looks like a bargain! but he hasnt had a great start playing alongside Jordan Ayew he misses alot of chances and only has 3 in 8 so far!

Jordan Ayew ends up being the best striker in the game, well him and Lukaku score for fun after 6-7 seasons.

• 1 month later...

i77bbq.png

nqqlh5.png

Leandro Damião is, quite simply put, incredible. The best striker I have ever used. 39 goals in 34 games and the season's not even finished yet! The goals he scores are big ones too- a hat-trick in a 3-1 win over Lyon (including two Maradona-esque goals) and 4 against Zenit St. Petersburg in the champions league quarter finals!

Got him and Podolski for my Arsenal Save. Got Damiao for most games, Podolski always seems to come up big in big games. Against Unt he got 4, against tottenham podolski got 5! Hoping that Leandro will bang them in against the likes of wigan, villa etc etc. Podolski doesnt show up to those games.

Top Drawer, £25m outlay in first season with spurs (over 48 months) is now worth 30+ and is the primary reason why I've won the prem 3 times in a row and more recently my first CL :) Highly recommend :thup:

Had never signed him before, was my first signing after taking over Arsenal at the start of the 2nd season, total outlay of £25m all paid upfront and he has been a complete revelation from the word go. Coming to the end of my third season now only missed 4 weeks through injury and has notched up 261 goals in all competitions, hat-tricks galore, most goals in a game for all 3 seasons 4,6 & 7. MoM - 21,39 & 36 so far this season, and still only 25! Have got him playing in the centre of a front three, with a rotation of RVP, Walcott or Oxlaide chamberlain either side, has weighed in with a fair few assists too.........Absolute must buy.

There's no disputing Damiao is a great player and is one of the best strikers on the game. But I can't understand why everyone makes such a fuss about him when Seydou Doumbia can be picked up for a cheaper price. Doumbia is the best striker on the game in my opinion. Felipe Caicedo is also a left footed version of Damiao who can be signed for far cheaper, plus there's the likes of Abel Hernandez who again, is cheaper than Damiao but just as good.

There's no disputing Damiao is a great player and is one of the best strikers on the game. But I can't understand why everyone makes such a fuss about him when Seydou Doumbia can be picked up for a cheaper price. Doumbia is the best striker on the game in my opinion. Felipe Caicedo is also a left footed version of Damiao who can be signed for far cheaper, plus there's the likes of Abel Hernandez who again, is cheaper than Damiao but just as good.

I think Damiao's hidden stats must be quite good. He rarely needs cajoling or reassurance via team talks. Just bangs 'em in. He's quite professional at least and scores in the big games for me too.

FWIW Doumbia and Hernandez, according to my scouts, would cost me almost the same as Damiao.

Also, Damiao is quite a bit better in the air than those two.

Just had to post this :D Damiao held the record at liverpool for most goals in a match standing at 4 goals for over a year, Cavani steps into the striker position due to a 3 week injury for damiao and steps up, scored 6 goals to take the record off him. The very next match (damiao now fit and match ready again) told cavani to go do one and scores 8 goals in a 9-2 victory over fulham :D

Just had to post this :D Damiao held the record at liverpool for most goals in a match standing at 4 goals for over a year, Cavani steps into the striker position due to a 3 week injury for damiao and steps up, scored 6 goals to take the record off him. The very next match (damiao now fit and match ready again) told cavani to go do one and scores 8 goals in a 9-2 victory over fulham :D

That is really amazing. :)

Archived