FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Fair enough Babak :D If you want to try out something completely different then Colo Colo could be another option? My thread linked with my 3-3-1-3 formations are in the official links thread, obviously i'm not active in it ATM as I fancied a European game to go alongside it and Genoa has been more enjoyable than I expected and i'm looking forward to seeing how the regens do now :cool:

EDIT: Matts why not have a look at a few of the German clubs? Koln or Hertha are pretty decent sized clubs without recent success.

What do you mean about the thread linked?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't seem to get into a game at all but I've decided I will start a game where I'll build the club with a certain nationality of players or continue a previous tradition. My shortlist so far is:

- Napoli with Italians and Argentines

- Chelsea/Arsenal with French and Africians

- Barcelona with Spanish and a few South Americans

Any other suggestions?

Shakhtar Donetsk with Ukrainians and Brazilians :D

Hmm never really thought of them but I'm really edging towards Barca, I know it won't be that much of a challenge but I will continue Guardiola's philoshpy of having a small but extremely versatile squad capable of playing many formations depending on the oppenent meanwhile bringing youngsters through from the youth team as well as managing the 'B' team.

Right do I start as Villa or Southampton?

Villa - Good youth players and good English base. Should be a good challenge getting them to top of the league.

Southampton - The team I support so I know all about them, great youth set up, good challenge getting back to the prem

But which one would be better

Right do I start as Villa or Southampton?

Villa - Good youth players and good English base. Should be a good challenge getting them to top of the league.

Southampton - The team I support so I know all about them, great youth set up, good challenge getting back to the prem

But which one would be better

Southampton !

Nation: Scotland

Division: Premier League

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: N/A

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: Looking to break the Glaswegian dominance; so any team other than Rangers or Celtic. I'd like to have a few talented lads to build my team around and give me a chance of challenging at the top within a few years. Think it'll be a good challenge?

Club: Leeds United

Division: Npower Championship

Transfer Budget: 300-400k

Wage Budget: 175-200k

Finances: Decent, starts with a 5mil bank balance

Board Expectation(s): Playoff Place, as they just missed out last year, they came 7th.

Key Players: Rob Snodgrass, Jonny Howson, Andy O'Brien and Luciano Becchio

Pros: Great squad to start with, Decent balance

Cons: Play in a tough league, not a great transfer budget

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): about 3 for the first season and gets harder if you get promoted

Additional Information: Bring them Back to the glory days of Don Revie and dominate the league.

Leeds is impossible to manage..

But.. they got it right. Ken Bates doesn't give alot of money to the club IRL.

Tight man..

Yeah Dundee utd have got a few good young players to build on. Other than that Aberdeen have some good youngsters and great history. Would be a good challenge, will definitely take time but would be a great achievement given the financial gap between the old firm and the others.

Nation:Europe

Division:Top

European Competition: Not Champions league

Media Prediction:CL Qualification

Board Expectation(s):CL Qualification

Transfer Budget:More than 15m

Wage Budget:

Finances: Wealthy

Other: I want a team that is a good challenge, with a half decent squad but enough money to be able to make them good

Trying to decide between Marseille and Lyon, want a team in France to rival the money at PSG.

Both are very similar quality wise. I'm currently playing as Lyon and am making a decent profit of 1-2m every month. So even if you can't spend unless you sell at the start, I reckon long term there should be some money available. Also move into a new 61k seater in the third season. Plus the youth facilities are quite a bit better than OMs.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, had a good game with Lille last year but I don't like being teams who are reigning champions. Not sure why. Will probably go with Lyon for the reasons you've said and they seem to have a better squad all round.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe

Division: doesn't matter, but preferably not the top division

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: If the team is playing in the top division already, it should not be a top club that can challenge for the title in the first season but rather a mid-table club or relegation canditate

Transfer Budget: decent for the level playing at to be able to rebuild or make at least some additions to the the squad if needed

Finances: no foreground sugar daddy

Other: I'd like a team that will take some time to become a top club of the country and offers a decent transfer budget to start with, but no sugar daddy that will pump in huge amounts of money either.

England: West Ham, Southampton(not sure about the sugar daddy), Blackpool

Germany: Fürth, Frankfurt

France: Guingamp, Monaco

Italy: Torino, Sampdoria

Spain: Deportivo, Almeria

Only the english and italian teams have a lot of money for their level. But the other teams have already got good squads for their league.

Nation: England, Spain, Germany

Division: Top

European Competition: Don't mind

Media Prediction: 3-8

Board Expectation(s):European qualification

Transfer Budget: Don't mind

Wage Budget: Don't mind

Finances: Secure

Would also like a decent youngster to develop. Have considered Dortmund but not sure so looking for suggestions

I have a hard time to deside what team to chose between Barnet (League Two) and Grimsby Town (Conference National). What woud be a bigger achivement; to do well with Barnet or Grimsby Town? what team is a bigger challenge?

Please help so I can start to play.

I have a hard time to deside what team to chose between Barnet (League Two) and Grimsby Town (Conference National). What woud be a bigger achivement; to do well with Barnet or Grimsby Town? what team is a bigger challenge?

Please help so I can start to play.

i think it would be with barnet more than grimsby

Barnet would be the harder challenge in my opinion. The reason being is they have less wages to spend and this would probably make it harder to sign the players who are needed to take you to the next level. Grimsby would be a hard challenge but easier than Barnet as they have about £12k in wages to spend. There are a decent amount of free agents who would probably be interested in joining and you could probably build a squad that is not only capable of gaining promotion from the Blue Square Premier, but could put up a good fight of gaining promotion from League Two if you did gain promotion in the first season.

I'm looking to start a new save with a German team. I've got some in mind but feel free to suggest some other options. I was considering:

Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Borussia Monchengladbach, HSV, Hannover

Basically, what I'm looking to do is create a long-term save where I can bring a team up to be great but it isn't possible in the first season (or it's highly unlikely in season 1, at least). Preferrably with little money - definitely not rich, so don't suggest Hoffenheim ;) - but a few million is cool by me. The base squad should be quite young with a mix of experience and one or two highly promising players.

Monchengladbach more or less suit this description perfect, so I'm leaning towards them.

EDIT: Yeah, I should have said I want them to be in the 1.Bundesliga and their reputation doesn't really matter - I'm aware that HSV and Stuttgart would probably be classed as "great" already.

I'm looking to start a new save with a German team. I've got some in mind but feel free to suggest some other options. I was considering:

Basically, what I'm looking to do is create a long-term save where I can bring a team up to be great but it isn't possible in the first season (or it's highly unlikely in season 1, at least). Preferrably with little money - definitely not rich, so don't suggest Hoffenheim ;) - but a few million is cool by me. The base squad should be quite young with a mix of experience and one or two highly promising players.

Monchengladbach more or less suit this description perfect, so I'm leaning towards them.

Borussia Mönchengladbach a fallen giant that would be a good choice, however hannover96 would be a bigger achievement

EDIT: Yeah, I should have said I want them to be in the 1.Bundesliga and their reputation doesn't really matter - I'm aware that HSV and Stuttgart would probably be classed as "great" already.

SpVgg Greuther Furth is a good long term save. Albeit in 2. Bundesliga. Not much money in the 1st season but already possess a promotion capable squad in your 1st season.

I think my choice is basically Gladbach or Hannover.

Looking at the squads now, Gladbach have some great players (or potentially great players) such as ter Stegen and Reus. However, Hannover have some real quality too. Abdellaoue looks phenomenal, not to mention the ever-reliable players like Pogatetz, Cherundolo and Pander. Some good youth too, with Rausch there.

Does anybody know what Hannover's budget is like? That will ultimately be the decider. If they get nothing (or less than £1M) I will take them on. Otherwise I'll go Gladbach.

What about Freiburg? They are 18th irl but have got a decent GK in Baumann, two good defenders in Butscher and Bastians, Set-piece expert and allround decent Schuster in midfield and Cisse and Dembele upfront. They have got good training and youth facilities but are not very rich.

Hannover's budget is rather pathetic. For what I'm going to take - Top Half Finish - they get:

£325k / £525k p/w (currently spending £477k)

I more or less made the whole decision myself but thanks anyway guys.

Just had a quick wee look at Freiburg there and they do look quality. Cissé and Dembelé look frightening together up front. Their budget is nothing (at all), so it might be interesting. Freiburg would certainly be more of a challenge... I'm not sure if I'm up to it. Their squad isn't that good in general and their complete lack of funds will make it difficult to make a big impact.

Decisions, decisions... argh, I'm unsure what to go for.

EDIT: Trying to assess both squads here to see which I prefer. Cissé, Dembelé, Schuster, Baumann, Putsila, Mujdza, Barth and Krmas all make for a solid foundation in season 1. I think I'm going to try Freiburg and if I don't like it I'll make the switch to Hannover. [EDIT: and Butscher and Bastians, who I somehow didn't notice first time round]

Cheers for the suggestions, especially shoonaldo :thup:

Nation: England, Italy, Spain

Division: Not top tier

European Competition: None

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Enough to tinker with!

Wage Budget: See above, enough to sign some quality freebies

Finances: Secure

Other: A couple of good youngsters

Come join the Blackpool revolution, the antithesis of Manchester Citeh.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/293668-FM12-Blackpool-F.C.-%E2%80%93-%E2%80%98The-Tangerine-Dream-(Of-Bouncebackability)

Hey guys, need some help.

In the year 2016 and just got Plymouth promoted to the Premiership, and straight away I got offered the Chelsea job, they finished in 6th. Quite a poor squad.

Do I carry on with Plymouth, or rebuild Chelsea?

Any advice would be great :)

ITFC 1

Seeing that Chelsea's squad is quite poor and providing that Roman Abramovich is still at the club, it would be quite fun, and challenging, to rebuild Chelsea back to the years when José Mourinho was manager :thup:

Although leaving Plymouth to fend for their own after you've steered them from financial uncertainty to the 'promised land', it would be quite heart-wrenching :thup: Entirely up to you mate; you can take Chelsea back to the top or you can lead Plymouth to the top.

Yes, Roman is still their. Its a mega ageing side, Torres now 32, Terry 35 and Cech 34 amongst others.

But, I have had 40 million available in transfers, with 700k left in wages to spend. So I could certainly sell a few, e.g, Torres, Mikel, Kalou.

But, like you say, i've brought Plymouth all the way up. Although it would take a good 3-5 years for me to become a TOP team in EPL with PLymouth, but I could make Chelsea champions in a year or 2.

Struggling right now if im being honest :p!

Made my decision ... I shall be staying at Plymouth for the time being.

Hopefully I can get a good few signings in and keep them up, and then IF next summer I am offered a bigger job, e.g, Chelsea, United, Arsenal etc , then I probably will take it. :)

Thanks again for the advice :)

ITFC 1

Nation: England

Division: Championship

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Promotion/upper half

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: £500,000 to around £3,000,000

Wage Budget: not that important

Finances: must not be broke

Other: A team that can fight for promotion, either via a top two position or a play-off spot. Doesn't have to have the players for a promotion battle, as long as it is possible via a few signings or loans. I was thinking Ipswich, Leeds or Leicester...

Nation: England

Division: Championship

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Promotion/upper half

Board Expectation(s): Same as above

Transfer Budget: £500,000 to around £3,000,000

Wage Budget: not that important

Finances: must not be broke

Other: A team that can fight for promotion, either via a top two position or a play-off spot. Doesn't have to have the players for a promotion battle, as long as it is possible via a few signings or loans. I was thinking Ipswich, Leeds or Leicester...

Southampton is a fun save, you can get about £10m for a title challenge but you will have good players like Adam Lallana, Jack Cork and Danny Fox. You also get superb training and youth facilities so you can produce your own players in the future.

Looking for a team

Nation: not england or scotland maybe scandinava?

Division:lower league

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: good for league

Wage Budget: Room for movement

Finances: good finances

Other: good youth facilities

Need some help guys, don't know with wich one I should start a new save...

Benfica, Sporting CP, Málaga, Lille, PSG, Dortmund, Gladbach, Schalke, Ajax, Celtic, Spartak Moscow...

Could you guys help me choosing a team or suggest another one?

Archived