European Competition: any

Media Prediction: midtable - top half

Board Expectation(s): ambitious

Transfer Budget: 3-7 million

Wage Budget:

Finances: decent

Other: preferably a club with some history

thanks

Not sure about the budgets of these teams, but here are some ideas.

France: Sochaux- not sure about their budget but they finished a solid 5th last season and with a bunch of promising youngsters and an excellent youth setup you can develop a superb team. Are in a top league, though.

Spain: Athletic Club- Yeah, it's my favorite club so this is a bit of a shameless plug. But it also fits besides the top leagues thing, you get a good budget and a solid squad which can challenge for a Champion's League spot outright. You begin with one of the best prospects in the game in Iker Muniain and great youth facilities mean that you can develop some great youngsters. One of only three clubs never relegated from La Liga (guess the other two).

Switzerland: FC Basel- an older and more traditional club in Switzerland and were the inspiration for FC Barcelona. The league might be fairly easy, but becoming a European contender could make for a great challenge.

Slovakia: FC Petrzalka 1898- you won't get a large budget with this second division team, but I see a fun save in them as they were a top team under the management of Vladimir Weiss and won the Slovak League in 2005. However, they've had issues with their stadium and most of their championship squad left after that season, so they now are in a lower league. Bringing them back to the top then challenging in Europe could be an exciting save indeed. If you'd prefer a top Slovak team, look at Slovan Bratislava and Zilina, who can both win the league but are not strong in Europe.

Brazil: Santos FC- Pele's club. Currently have Neymar and Ganso among other great young players, how long can you keep them and how much can you win in that time?

Belgium: Standard Liege- one of Belgium's historically more successful clubs. Just lost Defour, bringing them to the heights of football sounds like fun.

Poland: Cracovia- Krakow is one of my favorite cities that I've been to, so I guess that's a plus for me. They have one of the most notorious derbys in the world with Wisla Krakow, but haven't been as successful. If you want a larger budget in this league, Wisla will probably have it.

Nation: Any but ideally not a top nation. Must be in Europe. Must not be French.

Division: Ideally top tier.

European Competition: Don't mind but preferably none.

Media Prediction: Mid-table at best.

Board Expectation(s): As above.

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: Preferably no debts

Other: Must have really good youth setup.

Thanks!

Nation: Any but ideally not a top nation. Must be in Europe. Must not be French.

Division: Ideally top tier.

Finances: Preferably no debts

Thanks!

Spain: Athletic Bilbao, Espanyol, Real Sociedad (yeah top nation, but whatever)

Germany: Hoffenheim

Belgium: Anderlecht, Standard, Beerschot

Russia: Spartak Moscow

Don't fancy Spain. The other teams you suggest are a bit bigger than what I was looking for, apart from Beerschot but not sure about them. Thanks anyway.

I've narrowed things down a bit to Krasnodar in Russia, Panionios in Greece, Servette in Switzerland and Djurgardens in Sweden. Any thoughts? Still open to other similar suggestions too.

Hello lads I am looking to start two long term save hopefully ...

Nation: one in Italy and the other in England.

Division: Ideally top tier but can be lower if the team would fit as a good long term save.

Finances: N/A

Cheers in advance ....

Seriously struggling to find any momentum to start a long career :( So though I'd give this a try...

Nation:Any I suppose..(Always preferred to manage in England..)Division: Top

European Competition: Not bothered if they're not in one..

Media Prediction: Top 10

Board Expectation(s): Don't care

Transfer Budget: £20,000,000+ if possible, if not then £15,000,000+...

Wage Budget: Quite high... 900k if possible

Finances: Strong

Other: Don't really want it to be a top 4 side, e.g. Man City, Barca, Arsenal etc.. Also a good youth set up would be nice.

Sorry if I seem fussy :p I think this has been my problem :lol:

Three that may interest you;

Paris Saint-Germain - I know they've got a massive amount in the bank but, don't forget about the youth set-up they have. Would be quite fun to get a mix 'n' match squad balance going.

Juventus - My favourite Serie 'A' team, so this may be a bit biassed but, they're really a very good prospect. It would be great to restore them to former glories.

Hoffenheim - Very promising team; never had a FM save with them but, I read SRL88's Hoffe thread regularly and they do look a very fun save.

:thup:

Hello lads I am looking to start two long term save hopefully ...

Nation: one in Italy and the other in England.

Division: Ideally top tier but can be lower if the team would fit as a good long term save.

Cheers in advance ....

Italy:

England: Everton, West Ham

Italy: Udinese, Palermo, Lazio

Though I will say, if you want to develop youth (which I'm guessing you do) you absolutely must play with Sochaux in France

Im looking to start a game in one of the smaller European leaues to try and conquer Europe. By this i mean not Spain, England, Germany, Italy or France. Im considering Benfica, Shakhtar, or someone in Russia etc

Thanks

Why not Ajax? Great history there and an excellent opportunity to develop prospects, but you still have a good ways to go to become a top European side. Or, you could try for one of the higher-echelon clubs in Belgium such as Standard or Anderlecht.

Don't fancy Spain. The other teams you suggest are a bit bigger than what I was looking for, apart from Beerschot but not sure about them. Thanks anyway.

I've narrowed things down a bit to Krasnodar in Russia, Panionios in Greece, Servette in Switzerland and Djurgardens in Sweden. Any thoughts? Still open to other similar suggestions too.

I know you'd prefer a non-top team, but Basel in Switzerland could provide a nice chance to develop prospects and up the league. What about Stabaek or Tromso in Norway??

Nation: Preferably one of the top leagues - Germany, Italy, Spain... - Even Holland and Portugal.

Division: Top

European Competition: Irrelevant

Media Prediction: Mid-table - Top Half

Transfer Budget: Good amount of money

Wage Budget: Good enough

Looking for a team bordering on World Class. One that I can take to the next level!

Juventus would be a good option for you. Their challenge would be to restore them to former glories :D

Another option is Málaga CF. Good finances, despite losing money for the first season or so, and a squad that has endless potential. The youth setup isn't excellent but, the funds are there for improvements. The challenge of Málaga would be to knock Barça and Real Madrid from their elevated perch. Have a read of my Málaga thread if you want to find out about them a bit more.

Juventus would be a good option for you. Their challenge would be to restore them to former glories :D

Another option is Málaga CF. Good finances, despite losing money for the first season or so, and a squad that has endless potential. The youth setup isn't excellent but, the funds are there for improvements. The challenge of Málaga would be to knock Barça and Real Madrid from their elevated perch. Have a read of my Málaga thread if you want to find out about them a bit more.

Would prefer a club that has not been top before, I want to bring this team up myself!

Malaga might be interesting, any more suggestions ?

Trying to decide who to be after a succesful West Ham game, looking for something different in Europe. After looking through guides im torn between Benfica, Groningen, Roma or someonein Bundesliga. Im open to other suggestions aswell just want something outside England

Trying to decide who to be after a succesful West Ham game, looking for something different in Europe. After looking through guides im torn between Benfica, Groningen, Roma or someonein Bundesliga. Im open to other suggestions aswell just want something outside England

Bundesliga is lots of fun, you really can't go wrong with any team there. Why not try 1860 Munich in the 2 Bundesliga- lots of potential to turn them into a great team.

If you're into youth development, you could go with Sochaux in France or Athletic Bilbao in Spain.

I also think Basel in Switzerland could be fun to try and turn them into a top European side or you could try Xamax due to their money.

I spent three months living in Slovakia, so I'm biased, but the top sides there (Zilina, Slovan Bratislava) also can be lots of fun or you could play as FC Petrzalka in the second division and attempt to restore their former glory.

Anything above could make for a great long-term save.

I'll answer you question using your post...

Thinking of:

Leverkusen - Good team with good infrastructure and facilities. Not too sure on finances but, I think they're quite healthy. Would be interesting to see whether you could overtake the likes of Bayern and Dortmund.

Fiorentina - Another good team; came back from the brink of extinction and are now a stalwart in the upper-half of the Serie 'A' table. Jovetic, Montolivo and Gamberini - Exciting.

Udinese - Good footballing side who play a counter-attacking game. May not as been as enticing as FM11 when Alexís Sánchez was there but, would be fun to win the Scudetto with them.

Parma - Giovinco, Giovinco & Giovinco :D

Palermo - With the big-money sale of Javier 'El Flaco' Pastore to PSG, there's room to improve the squad. Not too sure whether the funds are there to do that but, that may be the challenging factor of that save.

PSV - Promising team this campaign. The likes of Dries Mertens and Kevin Strootman, who signed from FC Utrecht in the summer, have been dominating the Eredivisie in terms of performances. Look a very good proposition this term.

Wolfsburg - Under-achieved massively in recent seasons after that wonderful 2008-2019 season. Have a good squad but, with some 'dud' signings like Diego and the key sales of Edin Dzeko and Zvezjdan Misimovic, they've come off the boil somewhat. I'm certain that they have a healthy bank account too.

Werder Bremem - Another team which have under-achieved a bit in the Bundesliga. Having a excellent season this time round though. Marko Marin, Claudi Pizarro and Naldo are key to them.

I've never been any of them on FM12 but, that's just my view :thup:

I'll answer you question using your post...

I've never been any of them on FM12 but, that's just my view :thup:

Cheers :thup:

Since Ive heard the Bundesliga is fun, Im going to go for a team in that league to start with.

Leverkusen are the favourites.

Possibly Wolfsburg or Bremen, I dont know!

is there a team out there that is like a sleeping giant in the football world? i team that is in europe that within 2 or 3 seasons can conquer all?? Not one of the top 4 teams in every nation?

France: Red Star, Reims, Sochaux

Spain: Malaga, Real Sociedad

Germany: 1860 Munich, Hertha Berlin

Italy: Fiorentina

Thinking of:

Leverkusen

Fiorentina

Udinese

Parma

Palermo

PSV

Wolfsburg

Werder Bremem

Pros and cons of each ? Who has been them before ?

Leverkusen got a small stadium(30k) so revenue collected will be lower than its rivals but the team got a good blend of youngsters and experienced players.

May just want to take a look at my Leverkusen thread for some brief info on the club.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/289211-FM-12-Bayer-04-Leverkusen-Thread-Neverkusen-no-more

AS Saint-Etienne; I know they're in Ligue 1 but, it would be enjoyable to take them back to the glories when Michel Platini was gracing their midfield.

Oh yea, Saint Etienne definitely. Decent squad but may need reinforcing the attack. Stade de Reims is a good option too. I had Pires coming back on a free. Not much money tho but a very fun save to go.

Whats the bundesliga like at making money ? because Moengladbach start with next to nothing!

Thinking about these teams now:

borussia mönchengladbach

Dynamo Kyiv

Genoa

Palermo

Parma

Leverkusen

Wolfsburg

Don't start with much, but qualifying for Europe will help massively.

I would recommend Sampdoria to everyone. Great save. They are in Seria B after getting relegated last season. Just a few years ago they were finishing in the top 6 of Seria A. The challenge is to get promoted and aim high in Seria A.

Starting budget is pretty decent for Seria B club and you have quality players there already. Best players are:

Romero: World class goalkeeper signed from AZ

Palombo: Experienced captain and your best midfielder

Pozzi: Clinical striker

Dessena: Very good midfielder

Volta: Solid and dependable centre back

Players will also not hesitate to join you on-loan as Sampdoria is a big club. First season I loaned Macheda, De Laet, Samaras and Jese. Brought in a few players on top of that as it's a long season.

Managed to win Seria B and beat Roma and Inter to win the Italian cup. Got a hefty budget the following season and fnished 3rd behind the Milan clubs. Just on the verge of strating 3rd season.

I would recommend them to anyone

Nation: Brazil

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Top Half/Title Challenge

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Good

Wage Budget: Good

Finances: Healthy or atleast a chance of getting them healthy

Other: Looking for a team to challenge Santos, a team with good youth facilities and a realistic chance of ruling Brazil very soon.

Nation: Brazil

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Top Half/Title Challenge

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: Good

Wage Budget: Good

Finances: Healthy or atleast a chance of getting them healthy

Other: Looking for a team to challenge Santos, a team with good youth facilities and a realistic chance of ruling Brazil very soon.

Internacional, Sao Paulo, Cruziero, Flamengo.

But, honestly, you could choose damn near any team in Brazil and become successful.

Nation: Any (Not Greece or any other nation where all the names sound the same - just one of my pet hates). Not ventured outside Europe too much in a while so maybe time for me to try that?

Division: 1st/2nd Tier

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: No higher than upper mid-table

Board Expectation(s): See above

Transfer Budget: Would like either decent money or decent youth system - don't care which

Wage Budget: Something to play with (at least to get staff) would be nice

Finances: No crippling debt

Other: I've had successful (by that I mean long/fun) saves in the past with PSG (pre-money), Bilbao, Lille (pre-title), Bristol City, Lecce, Toronto FC, AaB. Don't know if that helps in any way whatsoever? Probably not.

Thanks guys

Looking for a team in a poor league, in a really nice city in real life, and preferably with a good youth/training setup (for their league, obviously) - but that's not really important, i'm more interested in building a poor team up from a city where i wouldn't mind living in in real life :)

Was thinking of Slovan Bratislava, Olimpija Ljubljana, or one of the Prague teams, but i'm open to any recommendations!

Looking for a team in a poor league, in a really nice city in real life, and preferably with a good youth/training setup (for their league, obviously) - but that's not really important, i'm more interested in building a poor team up from a city where i wouldn't mind living in in real life :)

Was thinking of Slovan Bratislava, Olimpija Ljubljana, or one of the Prague teams, but i'm open to any recommendations!

BSC Young Boys based in Bern, Switzerland? Or Servette FC in Geneva (they've just got back in to the top league after financial difficulties)?

UD Salamanca (Salamanca, Spain)?

Venezia (Venice, Italy)?

Many teams based in Budapest, Hungary - quick wikipedia check will show you.

Enjoyed answering your question so much I think I might do the same as you! Possibly look at Venezia when I get home from work (i'm snowed under, obviously).

I'm looking to manage a team in a more obscure country with a poor national team So i can set about improving the youth coming through and in turn improving the quality of the nations players and the reputation of the entire league. obviously i don't want an impossible task so a team with a bit of ambition would help to achieve my goals and possibly a decent transfer/wage budget would help too.

TNS in the Welsh league would have been the sort of level i wanted to play at or even a slightly better league/team but they possess a bit too much quality in their national team.

Nation: Any lower European

Division: top division with a rep of 1-2.5 stars

European Competition: preferably Euro Cup/Champions cup qualifying stage

Media Prediction: 1st/2nd/3rd

Board Expectation(s): Ambitious

Transfer Budget:

Wage Budget:

Finances: Secure/Rich

Other: decent youth facilities would be advantageous

What are your suggestions guys?

BSC Young Boys based in Bern, Switzerland? Or Servette FC in Geneva (they've just got back in to the top league after financial difficulties)?

UD Salamanca (Salamanca, Spain)?

Venezia (Venice, Italy)?

Many teams based in Budapest, Hungary - quick wikipedia check will show you.

Enjoyed answering your question so much I think I might do the same as you! Possibly look at Venezia when I get home from work (i'm snowed under, obviously).

Yeah, had a save with Budapest Honved in each of the last few FMs, and was thinking of the same again at some point. Might give Venezia a go though, although the stadium looks a bit like a prison! Thanks :D

Looking for a mid-table Npower Championship team that have the ability to gain promotion within 2 seasons. Would like a decent amount of money to spend so I can try make the squad my own.

Also looking for a team that are either in the Europa League or Champions League that have near to no chance of winning it but have already qualified.

Archived