FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

I had great fun playing with West Ham because they have some great youngsters like Collison, spence, Tomkins and Lee and they got some great regens while i was with them.

So I'm looking for a similar team but not in UK.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation: The Netherlands

Division: Eredivisie

European Competition: Any

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I'm looking for a team with at least 1 or 2 interesting players. For example SC Heerenveen because of Bad Dost, Assaidi and Narsingh. One last thing, the board has to be ambitious. Oh and no Ajax please :)

Me and my friend want to play an online game with each other but don't know who to be. We want to manage in England, any league. But we also want to be rival teams with similar funds and expectations. Any ideas?

West brom and wolves, forest and derby, Brighton and Southampton.

Nation: The Netherlands

Division: Eredivisie

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: I'm looking for a team with at least 1 or 2 interesting players. For example SC Heerenveen because of Bad Dost, Assaidi and Narsingh. One last thing, the board has to be ambitious. Oh and no Ajax please :)

Heerenveen? Groningen got a few good players

Me and my friend want to play an online game with each other but don't know who to be. We want to manage in England, any league. But we also want to be rival teams with similar funds and expectations. Any ideas?

Forest & Derby, Millwall & West Ham, Southampton & Portsmouth, Cardiff & Bristol. As such as the difference in budgets in the Championship, you will struggle to find 2 teams who have similar funds and expectations.

Cardiff & Bristol would be close in terms of finances. But are probably the least in terms of rivals. Forest & Derby would be a decent shout, however, they'll both be considered challenges. Soton & Pompey, don't bother. Millwall and West Ham, don't bother.

Hmm what do you guys think would be the best choice out of FC Twente, Groningen, Heerenveen, Feyenoord, and AZ?

Feyenoord would be the biggest challenge. They are a massive club and have loads of potentially great youngsters. The other teams probably have better squads now but if you can develop and keep the young players you'll have a great team. Downsides are they have no money and high expectations.

Feyenoord would be the biggest challenge. They are a massive club and have loads of potentially great youngsters. The other teams probably have better squads now but if you can develop and keep the young players you'll have a great team. Downsides are they have no money and high expectations.

Sounds great, I always love a good challenge. Thanks!

If you're playing a Netherlands save then definitely do it.
I'm not that familiar with the lower Dutch leagues tbh mate depends on speed of your computer.

Thanks for the help guys. The save looks quite good so far, young players with great potential

Nation: german or england

Division: 1st

European Competition: not necessary

Media Prediction:12 to 6

Board Expectation(s): ambitious

Transfer Budget: some, 5M to 12M

I thinked in hoffe, gladback, everton or aston villa

Wolsburg - Good Starting Squad, enough quality to challenge for a Champions League spot. $10M transfer Budget

Nation: England.

Division: Championship/League 1.

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: Playoffs-Mid-table.

Board Expectation(s): Same as media.

Transfer Budget: Really don't mind.

Wage Budget: Don't mind again.

Finances: Average-Good

Want a club that can get in the prem or high championship in just 3-4 years

Right on last FM had a cracking save with mlada boleslav would like a challenge in maybe Norway, Sweden, Finland, Or an eastern European league not a top team looking for a team I can develop an take places. Doesn't have to be in the top division

Right on last FM had a cracking save with mlada boleslav would like a challenge in maybe Norway, Sweden, Finland, Or an eastern European league not a top team looking for a team I can develop an take places. Doesn't have to be in the top division

Not done it this year but have on every FM since 09 when they were promoted back to professional football.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IS_Halmia

There's no love for the club or anything as a reason why I started playing with them, it was a genuine case of being a bit bored so let FM pick a random club for me and they were the first to come up. On 09 it ended up hardcoded that they got a sugar daddy (I know this because I set a challenge on another forum before I knew about it and the others had the same) and it kind of became an obsession. In the FM's since they haven't had the sugar daddy but it's been fun all the same, maybe more so without it.

If you pick them I am (90%) sure the logo's I have still work on this FM too so wouldn't mind uploading for you if you like having them.

Nation:England

Division:League 2 or 1

European Competition: n/a

Media Prediction: doesnt matter

Board Expectation(s): doesnt matter

Transfer Budget:something with a bit of room for manouevre but I dont necessarily want a team where I am expected to be promoted right away

Wage Budget: again, a bit of room for tweaking

Finances:not too much debt please :)

Other: I have never managed anything lower than championship, which I did on FM12 and I chose west ham! So I am looking for a team that I can go to that will be fairly easy to manage and I wont need to make too many changes. not fussed if I dont get promoted first season as long as the team has the potential to get promoted within 2 or 3 seasons.

i also have NO knowledge of lower league players!

Also, any suggestions on how to improve the income for the team at this level?

anyone know of a team i could play a 4-3-3 with in the championship?

Blackpool with wingers if that's what you mean? Taylor-Fletcher or Phillips upfront and Ince and Matty Phillips on the wing. If you were great tactically. You could try and get TF, M Phillips and Ince to switch between themselves.

If you're looking for a 4-3-3 team with all strikers, then Nottingham Forest would fit that bill as they have a fair few centre mids and a fair few strikers.

Blackpool with wingers if that's what you mean? Taylor-Fletcher or Phillips upfront and Ince and Matty Phillips on the wing. If you were great tactically. You could try and get TF, M Phillips and Ince to switch between themselves.

If you're looking for a 4-3-3 team with all strikers, then Nottingham Forest would fit that bill as they have a fair few centre mids and a fair few strikers.

thanks for the help but i went with crystal palace yesterday which so far is working out quite well for me. its also 433 with wingers.

Nation: Dutch, Turkish, Portuguese, Russian, Ukraine

Division: Top

Media Prediction: Title Challenge/ Euro Qualification

Board Expectation(s): As above

Transfer Budget: 5M+ for strong squads or more if a squad needs an overhaul.

Wage Budget: Room for manouver

Finances: Not much debt please

Other: Am looking for a challenge to not only get a club to the top of the rankings but also to get the Leagues reputation as high as possible. A strong squad at the start or funds available to build one is pretty much a definate. A real plus would also be an active club thread as i would need advice on teams within these countries. Also if anyone has any other suggested clubs/leagues then feel free to share them. I will be starting this save tomorrow evening so if people have any suggestions please throw them out for me. Previous experiences shared would be a real help on this aswell if possible.

Thanks.

Gooner, as another suggestion (biased I know :D) Brugge, no debt, £5M - £7.5M budget, pretty relaxed squad rules, a chairman who gives you good backing, decent enough facilities that after a year or 2 will always approve improvements, 3-4 years down the line will expand the stadium if needed. Pleyers like Mingolet, De Bryne ect willing to come back to the country 2-3 years in to the game, a good challenge trying to make them back to Belgium's biggest club with Genk, Anderlecht and Standard above them. Can easily make money most months if you aren't silly with your spending at first. I think it ticks all the boxes team wise.

Gooner, as another suggestion (biased I know :D) Brugge, no debt, £5M - £7.5M budget, pretty relaxed squad rules, a chairman who gives you good backing, decent enough facilities that after a year or 2 will always approve improvements, 3-4 years down the line will expand the stadium if needed. Pleyers like Mingolet, De Bryne ect willing to come back to the country 2-3 years in to the game, a good challenge trying to make them back to Belgium's biggest club with Genk, Anderlecht and Standard above them. Can easily make money most months if you aren't silly with your spending at first. I think it ticks all the boxes team wise.

Thanks i have actually read your club thread a few times and you and Col ( i think?) have been doing really well, so that is under serious consideration. I am about to go through some club threads now and see which challenge i feel capable of taking on.

So I have come to a brick wall with FM as much as I love it I can't seem to get a game set and running well. I want to stay in England and in the top but not either of the Manchester clubs!

So my options in my eyes come down to these....

Liverpool - some good players but no where near the club of old challenging for league titles and dominating the European scene!

Chelsea- the task that AVB was set of building up a new squad is what I see in fading out the old guard like Lampard, Terry and Drogba but while still challenging for league and European supremacy!

Arsenal - although I'm a Spurs fan! I do like want Arsenal do brining threw the youth into the club but would want to stop them being a selling club while also bringing in 1st team ready players!

So that's what I think I'm undecided between the three clubs what do you guys think of the three options and what do you feel I should go for?!?

So I have come to a brick wall with FM as much as I love it I can't seem to get a game set and running well. I want to stay in England and in the top but not either of the Manchester clubs!

Liverpool - some good players but no where near the club of old challenging for league titles and dominating the European scene!

Chelsea- the task that AVB was set of building up a new squad is what I see in fading out the old guard like Lampard, Terry and Drogba but while still challenging for league and European supremacy!

Arsenal - although I'm a Spurs fan! I do like want Arsenal do brining threw the youth into the club but would want to stop them being a selling club while also bringing in 1st team ready players!

So that's what I think I'm undecided between the three clubs what do you guys think of the three options and what do you feel I should go for?!?

as a liverpool fan id go with us but il say go with chelsea its a good project.

I'd say Chelsea, as once terry,lampard and drogba have gone, you have 3 very important roles to fill, and that itself could be a challenge as you say trying to keep them as a top team, and I think (not 100% sure) that they will have a bit more spending money than the other two teams... but you also have a few players in the squad who can be round for the future such as ryan bertrand, lukaku and sturridge

Thanks i have actually read your club thread a few times and you and Col ( i think?) have been doing really well, so that is under serious consideration. I am about to go through some club threads now and see which challenge i feel capable of taking on.

It is a fun save with plenty of little personal challenges to keep you going. I've gave up on every save before this as soon as i've won the CL (not even bothered with the Euro supercup and my only WCC win was with River Plate before this game :D) but there's something about this one that makes me want to carry on. Obviously I can't make your mind up for you, but going by the types of teams you suggested they do fit the bill :)

You could maybe play as Tottenham?

I've hit a brick wall as well. I was thinking Celtic or Rangers, I know Rangers would be more of a challenge hence slightly leaning towards them but pros and cons? thanks

Celtic:

-Good Squad

-Good Youth/training facilities

-Decent Money

-Easy

Rangers:

-Administration-Financial Cuts (until a buyout)

-Difficult first few seasons

Hearts:

-Good Squad

-Decent Finances

-Challenge to overthrow the dominance of Old Firm.

I've hit a brick wall as well. I was thinking Celtic or Rangers, I know Rangers would be more of a challenge hence slightly leaning towards them but pros and cons? thanks

was this for FM12 or when FM13 is out?

It is a fun save with plenty of little personal challenges to keep you going. I've gave up on every save before this as soon as i've won the CL (not even bothered with the Euro supercup and my only WCC win was with River Plate before this game :D) but there's something about this one that makes me want to carry on. Obviously I can't make your mind up for you, but going by the types of teams you suggested they do fit the bill :)

I have decided to take over as manager of Porto after reading an amazing piece regarding there transfer syastem and i really like the idea of buying cheap and making them into top stars and selling at a big profit (hopefully!). Also they are not a 'European giant' but with real potential to eventually become a real force at European level. Brugge would have been too much of a challenge personally but as a longer term challenge it would have been perfect. Thanks for the advice and good luck continuing your success.

I have decided to take over as manager of Porto after reading an amazing piece regarding there transfer syastem and i really like the idea of buying cheap and making them into top stars and selling at a big profit (hopefully!). Also they are not a 'European giant' but with real potential to eventually become a real force at European level. Brugge would have been too much of a challenge personally but as a longer term challenge it would have been perfect. Thanks for the advice and good luck continuing your success.

Hope it is not too late to influence your decision, I would say come to Sporting Lisbon. It is a better challenge than Porto.

Hi, I'm looking for some challenge. Actually, i've finished my school last week, and i'll go to next one in late September, so i have a lot of free time :) As i said, i'm looking for some tough challenge, club from lower leagues. Doesn't matter which league, but i would prefer to avoid England.

Hi,

I want to take a club with patient owners so I can build my own team. Shouldn't be to shabby economic wise, but not important as I want to build the team and keep the wages low with players who fit my style of play. The club should however have the potential to become a very big club in 5-10 years time. Not important which nation or league.

Hey, I'm looking for a team in the Top Leagues of Europe that are just fun to manage, doesn't have to be a top team just fun to manage and will have a decent transfer budget.

ENGLISH: chelsea, man city, liverpool, newcastle, everton

ITALY: AC milan, inter or juventus, napoli, lazio

GERMANY: fc bayern, borussia dortmund

FRANCE: PSG, LOSC Lille

SPAIN, Barca, Real madrid, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla

Nation: Europe, preferrably not England (i was thinking maybe Germany)

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media expectation : mid table/top half

Board Expectation(s): mid table or top half

Wage Budget: Same as transfer

Finances: don't mind

i am looking for a save with a decent club, who are wound the middle of their league, a stable club i can be at for 3 or so years and look to progress to a club challenging for champions league football in that country.

Nation: Europe, preferrably not England (i was thinking maybe Germany)

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media expectation : mid table/top half

Board Expectation(s): mid table or top half

Wage Budget: Same as transfer

Finances: don't mind

i am looking for a save with a decent club, who are wound the middle of their league, a stable club i can be at for 3 or so years and look to progress to a club challenging for champions league football in that country.

Germany- Hannover, Mainz, Koln, Hertha

Spain- Espanyol, Getafe, Sociedad

Archived