FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

Im currently finishing up a season as Derby, first of all they have some good players in the squad like Fielding, Addison, Shackell, Hendrick, Bryson, Ward amongst others, also you can get Delifounseo, Sammy Ameobi and Ross Barkley on loan for 2 years and sign Greg Wylde on a free and that team will get you atleast in the playoffs which it has for me, its definetly an enjoyable save.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trying to decide on a save in the Championship for a different challenge. I'm considering the following at the moment:

Southampton (too easy??)

Reading

Derby

Leeds

But I'd consider pretty much anyone else if someone can sell them to me. The exception to this is West Ham. I just couldn't manage them.

A good club thread would be a bonus also.

Thanks

Edgar, Forest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Good Team Thread as well :D.

Im currently finishing up a season as Derby, first of all they have some good players in the squad like Fielding, Addison, Shackell, Hendrick, Bryson, Ward amongst others, also you can get Delifounseo, Sammy Ameobi and Ross Barkley on loan for 2 years and sign Greg Wylde on a free and that team will get you atleast in the playoffs which it has for me, its definetly an enjoyable save.

That's good to hear. Definitely leaning this way now.

Edgar, Forest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Good Team Thread as well :D.

Haha. We'll see. I'll look at the thread. Did you do it this year?

You could look at Boston United in the BSN. Having fallen down the ladder a little you could get them back up. I also had a very fun save with Harrogate Town on FM08 I think it was. Took them to League 1 and I really enjoyed it.

For your second save I would look at Real Sociedad, Malaga or At.Bilbao.

Sociedad have a good young squad which you can build on. Malaga for obvious reasons and Bilbao in the sense that they only really sign Basque players.

Thanks! Will look into those, any more suggestions?

Llew I was going to say come and join me on a Dortmund save, then I read your small print :p Anyway Espanyol as someone mentioned is a good save, you could always do a Juventus save as well.

Sorry for the late reply, NG! As for a possible Dortmund save, I may put my plans on hold and join you. Had a good save with them pre-patch. I'll make a BVB save! Expect to see me in the thread soon :D

Anyway, thankyou to everyone who recommended me a save :thup:

I need a new save, bit bored of my QPR save2 years in so want to take a break and start an interesting game in Europe.

Nation: France, Spain, Germany, Holland

Division:Top

European Competition: Dont mind

Media Prediction: Top half

Board Expectation(s): dont mind

Transfer Budget: Dont mind dont normally spend much to start with

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: As above

Other: Already had games with Montpellier and Gladbach in last couple FMs so dont fancy them again. Just someone interesting with a few decent players. Struggled to find something so far to play alongside QPR

Also be interested in recommendations of interesting games in other countries aswell. Cheers

Gooner88 - My recommendation would be Ligue 1's Stade Rennais; a team with good potential.

With a good starting squad, which will include the likes of Yann M'Vila, Kader Mangane and Melvüt Erdinç, you could easily build around the spine of the team and create a title-winning squad. Rennesdo start off in the UEFA Europa League competition, you may consider this as a hindrance, but it's all down to how you manage your team and regulate who plays and who doesn't. As well as decent finances to bring in new players, you could always rely on the illustrious youth system that is set-up at the club.

I've yet to play with them on FM12, but they do look a fun, but challenging, save :D

Thanks for responding mate, il have a look at them but the more I think about it I'd rather stay away from France as my last save pre patch was Montpellier. My bad should have left France off mt my list. Any other ideas at all?

Another team would probably be 96 Hannover.

Similar to Stade Rennes in terms of their expectations and potential, you'll have to balance your squad well with some good signings on a tight budget. With AWD-Arena holding a capacity of 49,000 fans, you'll bring in a promising amount of revenue every home game which will only pay dividends in the long-term. As for playing staff, the squad is quite good. I'm a big fan or the mercurial Jan Schlaudraff, as well as Karim Haggui and Moa Abdellaoue, not to mention Ron-Robert Zieler.

Once again, I havn't had any personal experience but I've been interested in Hannover from the start :thup:

Nation: England, Italy, Portugal

Other: I have some teams in mind but not sure which would be better please give your opinions lads the teams I was thinking of starting my save with is Benfica, Juventus, and QPR and if you can think of any other team in those leagues let me know as I would like to start it tonight.. Cheers in advance :D

Looking to start a new game with a European team not in the big leagues.

Looking for a team that is not the best in the league but could challenge and has potential to be made the domestic power.

Dont really know much about them but are Dnipro fitting to this mould?

any other suggestions?

Nation: England, Italy, Portugal

Other: I have some teams in mind but not sure which would be better please give your opinions lads the teams I was thinking of starting my save with is Benfica, Juventus, and QPR and if you can think of any other team in those leagues let me know as I would like to start it tonight.. Cheers in advance :D

Not sure if you have started, but out of those I would go with QPR because it would be the most challenging.

Other teams I would look at would be Palermo or maybe even Liera. They seem to be fun saves based off other peoples suggestions on here.

Looking for a team that is not the best in the league but could challenge and has potential to be made the domestic power.

any other suggestions?

Not sure if I have the spelling right, but Xamax in Switzerland. There is a club thread for them in the Official Links. They have a pretty wealthy owner and seem hell bent on becomming a big Champions League side (well, that was until they got booted out the league in real life). On the game however they seem a good save.

any other suggestions?

Dnipro would be good, a few good Players and decent finances but behind Shahktar and Kiev. Also Anzhi in Russia

I don't recommend Notts Forest everytime. I recommend Forest or Nottingham Forest :D. If you think I'm bad in this thread, you should have seen me in the one for FM11. Oh and it's called the What team should I be thread for a reason. So for me, recommending the team I support is the team I will continue to recommend when someone says they're looking for a save and don't give any specific requests. If you don't like me recommending them, don't read this thread, thanks.

So its not just me that gets annoyed with him suggesting Notts Forest everytime, I understand you support Notts Forrest but its getting really tedious now, please stop it, thank you.

Yeah I guess that must have really wound you up for the past 13 days that you've been on these forums :rolleyes:

I don't recommend Notts Forest everytime. I recommend Forest or Nottingham Forest :D. If you think I'm bad in this thread, you should have seen me in the one for FM11. Oh and it's called the What team should I be thread for a reason. So for me, recommending the team I support is the team I will continue to recommend when someone says they're looking for a save and don't give any specific requests. If you don't like me recommending them, don't read this thread, thanks.

Just keep doing it lad. Unlike some people I was trying to have a laugh ;)

Ill keep on subject, has anyone ever managed Peterborough and how did they find it, Ive been inspired to start a new game with Posh, so guys give me your opinion.

FM12: Championship Team Guide

FM12: Peterborough United Thread

They'll help you :thup:. I'd suspect it'd be an interesting save if you played the game as to how they buy players in real life.

Nation:Any

Division:Any

European Competition: Not Fussed

Media Prediction: Comfortable mid table but an overacheiving season can push up towards top

Board Expectation(s): Quite lenient

Transfer Budget: Enough to bring in a couple of players I think will be helpful

Wage Budget: Same as Above

Finances: Not fussed

Other: I want to create a high pressing high tempo slick passing team like Bieslas Bilbao but not with a top team i.e Madrid Barca etc etc. Dont really want to use Bilbao either but I will if no one can think of any other options.

I'm gonna suggest Fulham :thup: they've got some quality players like Bryan Ruiz, Clint Dempsey, Moussa Dembélé and Danny Murphy in an attacking capacity, not to forget the likes of John Arne Riise and Brede Hangeland at the back. I had an absolutely quality time playing with them in season 1 and found them to create a very enjoyable save. I still have the save going, I've just taken a short break from it. I've found it's easy to attract some good players though so long as you do well.

for example, I've managed to bring in Rene Adler (free), Javier Hernandez (of United, for £8M) Oxlade-Chamberlain (£5.5m), Adam Johnson (2.5M) and Antonio Valencia (£5m). It's a very satisfying save. Some great players already there, not much expectations of you for the first season (media prediction 9th, they only wanted me to get the top half and I finished 5th), they don't expect much domestically in the cups (I made the final of the Carling Cup though) and they only want you to get to the group stages of the Europa League (I made it to the second knockout round). Suffice to say, the board and fans loved me.

tl;dr - Fulham. great save.

Nation: Any other then England

Division: Top 2 or maybe 3

Europe: Don't care

Media Predication: Don't care

Board Expectations: Mid to top table

Transfer Budget: Good, £10mish

Wage Budget: Again good, enough to sign a few players with decent wages

Finances: Good, with an owner who will invest over time

Other: A fallen giant, so to speak, looking at rebuilding. Not PSG or AC Milan however.

Nation: Any

Division: Top or 1-under

European Competition: sure

Media Prediction: mid-table

Board Expectation(s): mid-table

Transfer Budget: enough for improvement

Wage Budget: enough for improvement

Finances: rich i guess

Other: someone that'll be entertaining

I'm looking for awe game to start. This year Iv been west ham for a few years, bayern, Brighton, Montpellier, man city and England in a 5 year save, and I currently have Bilbao and qpr saves. I'm looking for something in a different league. I only really like playing in Europe and I don't like being teams who are title holders like Ajax, Porto etc. looking for something probably in the top division pf italy, Portugal, holland or Russia. Will gladly take any other suggestions. Cheers

Dinamo Bucharest

Sparta Prague

Red Star Belgrade

Grasshoppers Zurich

AEK Athens

Standard Liege

i'd go with any of these. Most have some good talents and top end facilities in a small league so you can really take your time to build a champions league level squad with no pressure other than to be around the top 2-3 domestically and also have a really good chance of getting your own regens come through. Also I think there is only a thread for Red Star out of that lot which is a shame because they are all interesting teams to be, so much that I want to be one of those to run alongside my River save so if any of these came up as a team thread then i'd certainly join in a save with you :cool:

EDIT:

Rapid Vienna is another class save as well, had lots of fun on FM 11 as them

Nation: Any other than England

Division: Top 2

European Competition:maybe

Media Prediction: Mid-table to top half

Board Expectation(s): Same or lower

Transfer Budget: Dependent on Nation/League. Around 2mil. just enough to sign a player or two before needing to sell.

Wage Budget: Enough to buy someone even if need to sell first would be fine

Finances: anything but super rich

Other: Looking for a team with potential and not one that need loads of signings to the reach the top. A team like Everton would be nearest to what I want I think.

Thanks.

Guest avine

Division: npower Championship

Media Prediction: around Mid-table or Bottom half

Board Expectation(s): Same

Transfer Budget: I will not transfer in players, so minimum is enough

Wage Budget: Enough so i will not have to transfer out players

Finances: okay

Other: one that is underachieving irl iyo. Bristol City:D.

Transfer Budget: Dependent on Nation/League. Around 2mil. just enough to sign a player or two before needing to sell.

Other: Looking for a team with potential and not one that need loads of signings to the reach the top. A team like Everton would be nearest to what I want I think.

Thanks.

Hoffenheim in Germany :thup:.

They have a pretty solid squad, especially for mid-table and with the right signings you could be pushing for Europe. Plus, the German league is brilliant.

Division: npower Championship

Media Prediction: around Mid-table or Bottom half

Board Expectation(s): Same

Transfer Budget: I will not transfer in players, so minimum is enough

Wage Budget: Enough so i will not have to transfer out players

Finances: okay

Other: one that is underachieving irl iyo. Bristol City:D.

Nottingham Forest do seem like a good option.

How about Pompey as well? Financial troubles would be such a hard challenge to contend with and also the task of getting them back in the Premiership.

Thanks.

Montpellier Herault SC -http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301998-FM12-Montpellier-Herault-SC

Fantastic young vibrant squad. Not rich, but no debts either. Perfect club to build a side and club to greatness.

I need a new challenge. Looking for a game in England either a Prem team i can rebuild or a championship/league one side that i can take to new glories. Really struggling iv tried all sorts of games but cantget into anything.

Montpellier Herault SC -http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/301998-FM12-Montpellier-Herault-SC

Fantastic young vibrant squad. Not rich, but no debts either. Perfect club to build a side and club to greatness.

Hoffenheim in Germany :thup:.

They have a pretty solid squad, especially for mid-table and with the right signings you could be pushing for Europe. Plus, the German league is brilliant.

Thanks guys. Tough call but think I'm going for Montpellier Herault SC. Great thread DirtyJoe expect to see me in there soon.

Archived