FM12: What Team Should I Be?

SRL88

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to start a new game with a mid to lower half team in top division of Spain or England. Ive had a great game with Parma so a team of similar stature really. Dont like to make wholesale changes prefer to build gradually so need a decent base to play a 433. Dont really mind what finances are like. Thanks

Athletic and Real Sociedad are great Spanish clubs for gradual development and can fit that play style. You could also go with Granada- you may have trouble staying in the top flight but it's a good chance to build a team that can truly be your own.

I want to start a new save but I can't decide between Inter & PSG..

PSG - Standard of league isn't has high & they have quite abit of money but its a good challenge to make the league better & win things. Also very good domestic players could be bought, They also have less history in league titles which could be good to win

Inter - Better league, ageing squad so could change that about & they get decent money which is always nice & already have some really nice players.

As you can see they are sorta my pro's & cons of the two teams have I missed anything out? just unsure which team to go and stuff just yeah, Any guidance who to go or more pro's and cons anything is appreciated :)

I think psg is more of a challenge for you mate. I'm Parma ATM and in 2 seasons inter have dominated even though it would be a challenge to overhaul squad. Psg have already been through 3 managers in the same save so not as easy as it would seem. Having said that I have really enjoyed serie a. Tough decision but psg is the bigger challenge in my opinion.

Can anyone recommend me a good save within Serie 'A'? I'm looking for a reprieve from my Arsenal save, which I'm thoroughly enjoying, but I've decided that Serie 'A' will provide a good challenge for myself.

At the moment, I'm edging towards my favourite Italian side Juventus, but I've seen people mention teams such as Parma and Siena in here.

EDIT: Bugger it! I've gone Juventus. Big fan of theirs and would love to emulate their current Scudetto-winning season, but I want to continue on the long road to Serie 'A' redemption.

Anyone suggest a team with quite a bit of money to spend but one that isn't tipped to win the league straight away. One where I can slowly work on getting top players but one where in a couple of seasons challenging for the CL is realistic?

Preferred countries: England, Italy, Spain, France or Holland.

Can anyone recommend me a good save within Serie 'A'? I'm looking for a reprieve from my Arsenal save, which I'm thoroughly enjoying, but I've decided that Serie 'A' will provide a good challenge for myself.

At the moment, I'm edging towards my favourite Italian side Juventus, but I've seen people mention teams such as Parma and Siena in here.

EDIT: Bugger it! I've gone Juventus. Big fan of theirs and would love to emulate their current Scudetto-winning season, but I want to continue on the long road to Serie 'A' redemption.

Seeing as your prone to indecision and may change your mind ;) i'd recommend Udinese or Napoli. Udi are a massive challenge, and despite me winning the Scudetto in my first season with no signings, i deleted the save, but always feel like re-starting. Napoli have 3 great players, and a few very decent ones, but the squad needs work. Also, you'll have troubles fending off bidders for Cavani and Lavezzi. It's fun to replace them. Heartbreaking, but fun. I bought in Zarate and Barrios, and became even stronger.

But yeah, Juve sounds alot of fun. So many to choose from it's impossible to do em all.

Anyone suggest a team with quite a bit of money to spend but one that isn't tipped to win the league straight away. One where I can slowly work on getting top players but one where in a couple of seasons challenging for the CL is realistic?

England- Tottenham

Italy- Napoli/Roma/Juventus

Spain- Atletico Madrid/Malaga

France- Not much money but Lille

Holland- Vitesse

England- Tottenham

Italy- Napoli/Roma/Juventus

Spain- Atletico Madrid/Malaga

France- Not much money but Lille

Holland- Vitesse

Thanks! Might start one with Spurs as I haven't done an English league save in a while but if I get bored I'll be going over to Vitesse (just read up about them, seems quite interesting to challenge the big guns in Holland)

Go against those countries and go for Club Brugge (I know it's my team thread so i'm a bit biased :D) £5m to spend for a Europa spot (think it's £7m for title winners, budgets are in my thread which is easily done) and plenty of cheap talent about to make them in to big guns. The board have been good bar the fact I can't extend my youth recruitment range in 2015, but everything else i've gone for they've agreed. I still have 10 of the original squad and have at least managed the first knockout stage in Europe every year. As long as you have 6 homegrown (any nationality) players in your squad the league rules are quite lenient. Another good thing is smaller clubs seem to grow in my save at least so it shouldn't get too stale too soon even if you do win the league ever year there'll be a challenge from somewhere in the main.

Nation: Germany

Division: Bundesliga

European Competition: not fussed

Media Prediction: atleast (minimum top 10 finish)

Board Expectation(s): top half, midtable

Transfer Budget: Quite high if possible

Wage Budget: Quite high if possible

Finances: not fussed

Other: I want a small squad if possible

Mnchengladbach, easily.

Looking for a short, slightly experimental game as a break from my main save and just because I have a nagging desire to try out a different playing style before I risk it on my beloved 1860. Bit of an awkward request this, looking for something a bit different so would appreciate if anyone can help.

Nation: Any (preferably one where I will have some base knowledge, so most european/major south american.

Division: Top

European Competition: Don't care

Media Prediction: Not 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Board Expectation(s): Lower the better as I will be experimenting with tactics

Transfer Budget: Depends

Wage Budget: Healthy

Finances: As long as they are alright in the short-term I don't mind

Other: ....

I nearly always play with a rigid 442/4231 so for a change I am basically looking to play a very fluid style of football in the following formation:

----------GK---------

----CB----CB----CB--- (would also consider a SW instead of middle CB)

WB-------DM-------WB

-----------------------

----AM---AM---AM----

----------ST----------

So I would like the squad to have players capable of these positions (or money to buy them), as long as they are "Competent" I don't mid retraining. At the moment I have only found Napoli which seems to fit this request so was just looking for a couple more options.

Thanks a lot guys

Gene, how are you getting on with 1860?

Udinese are great for this formation if anyone is still wondering about this. Especially after the last patch, because Torje is now brilliant.

Hey guys I have been playing all year with Manchester City and had complete and utter world domination over 10 plus seasons.

I think its about time to start a fresh and well more of a challenge...

I am thinking of going into the Championship and well starting with a club that is heading in the right direction i.e. pushing for promotion but has some money to make some signings.

Maybe even start in league 1 i am not to sure. Can you people recomend some good clubs in championship and possibly league 1 to go with and start a new season with.

Hey guys I have been playing all year with Manchester City and had complete and utter world domination over 10 plus seasons.

I am thinking of going into the Championship and well starting with a club that is heading in the right direction i.e. pushing for promotion but has some money to make some signings.

Maybe even start in league 1 i am not to sure. Can you people recomend some good clubs in championship and possibly league 1 to go with and start a new season with.

Some threads to help you.

FM12: Championship Thread - A tad out of date, but it should still help.

FM12: Official Links Thread - Read the first post, there are Championship Team Threads which can help.

League One, Huddersfield could be ok. Although, I shall recommend Nottingham Forest. They may or may not meet your requirements :D.

Southampton, Brighton, Reading, West Ham, Blackpool are good fun saves i have heard and i have actually played as Brighton and had a great few seasons with them in the Prem, establishing them as a mid-table Prem club before an error caused my games to be wiped :mad:

Nation: Europe, not Spain Italy or England

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media expectation : don't mind

Board Expectation(s): Top half at least

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Same as transfer

Finances: don't mind

Looking for an interesting game abroad as I'm taking a break from a Parma save. Not sure what I want, considering shakhtar but also thinking of a save in ligue 1 in France with another team as I did have an enjoyable Montpellier game. Just looking for an interesting challenge in Europe

Looking for an interesting game abroad as I'm taking a break from a Parma save. Not sure what I want, considering shakhtar but also thinking of a save in ligue 1 in France with another team as I did have an enjoyable Montpellier game. Just looking for an interesting challenge in Europe

In Ligue 1 I had enjoyable save with Lyon but not too sure if it is what you look for. Other than that I find Sparta Prague enjoyable.

Hi guys, hoping you guys can help me out abit

Nation: Any nation in Europe but outside England

Division: Outside of the respective country's top division if possible, preferably the 3rd tier but 2nd will do too

European Competition: Doesn't matter but will be looking to eventually bring them into it

Media expectation : Don't really care.

Board Expectation(s): Any reasonably realistic expectation.

Transfer Budget: Not too fussed

Wage Budget: This is where I like to have some leeway, it would be nice if they had a healthy wage budget so I can pick up some good free players and loans.

Finances: No crippling debts please.

Desirable but not essential: It would be nice if the team has some nice history and/or some decent pull over to attract some decent players.

Thanks in advance.

Ligue 1- try Toulouse, Socheaux or Saint Ettiene

Serie A- Udinese

All great saves. I'm gonna re-boost my Udinese thread :)

Brighton and Hove Albion FC. Not biased at all though..

Nation: Europe

Board Expectation(s): don't mind

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy 2/3 players

Wage Budget: -

I need a team that is not top yet. I'm gonna play possession style.

I cant pick a team with good players for possession.

Nation: England

Division: League 1/2

Media Prediction: Relegation/Bottom half

Board Expectation(s): survival or mid table

Transfer Budget: Enough to work on

Wage Budget: Enough to work on

Finances: Reasonably okay.

Nation: Europe(not top 5-6 leagues)

Division: Dosen't matter

Media Prediction: Anything

Board Expectation(s): Dosen't matter

Transfer Budget: Anything from 0-100m

Wage Budget: Not that important,but would be nice if i could add a few free agents

Finances: Not in HUGE debt

I want a game in an obscure league to maybe improve the countries coefficents and get some more European places.

Nation: England

Division: League 1/2

Media Prediction: Relegation/Bottom half

Board Expectation(s): survival or mid table

Transfer Budget: Enough to work on

Wage Budget: Enough to work on

Finances: Reasonably okay.

Accrington Stanley, Burton Albion, Barnet, Hereford or Macclesfield Town in League Two. Stevenage, Tranmere Rovers, Walsall from League One.

Nation: France, Germany or Spain ideally but open to suggestions

Division: Top or Second

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Relegation/Bottom Half

Board Expectation(s) Survival

Transfer Budget: Something to work with, million or more

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Reasonably Ok

Other: Ideally want a team with low expectations (relegation candidates), maybe a small club but with a decent transfer kitty.

Nation: Europe(not top 5-6 leagues)

Division: Dosen't matter

Media Prediction: Anything

Board Expectation(s): Dosen't matter

Transfer Budget: Anything from 0-100m

Wage Budget: Not that important,but would be nice if i could add a few free agents

Finances: Not in HUGE debt

I want a game in an obscure league to maybe improve the countries coefficents and get some more European places.

come to sporting my friend.

Nation: France, Germany or Spain ideally but open to suggestions

Division: Top or Second

European Competition: Not fussed

Media Prediction: Relegation/Bottom Half

Board Expectation(s) Survival

Transfer Budget: Something to work with, million or more

Wage Budget: Decent

Finances: Reasonably Ok

Other: Ideally want a team with low expectations (relegation candidates), maybe a small club but with a decent transfer kitty.

Hertha,Freiburg, sporting Gijon, Granada, betis, Ajaccio

I'm considering starting in Ukraine with shakhtar or maybe metalist, wondering if anyone has any experience of this and whether it makes for an enjoyable long term game
i currently have one with shakhtar, it is very easy to win the league as you start with a strong team and a 30m transfer budget, but very enjoyable in the long run winning the European champions cup etc. you get at least a 50m transfer budget after the first season too :)

Nation: Europe

Board Expectation(s): don't mind

Transfer Budget: Enough to buy 2/3 players

Wage Budget: -

I need a team that is not top yet. I'm gonna play possession style.

I cant pick a team with good players for possession.

Mainz a decent option there.

Anyone? any suggestions?

Hi guys, hoping you guys can help me out abit

Nation: Any nation in Europe but outside England

Division: Outside of the respective country's top division if possible, preferably the 3rd tier but 2nd will do too

European Competition: Doesn't matter but will be looking to eventually bring them into it

Media expectation : Don't really care.

Board Expectation(s): Any reasonably realistic expectation.

Transfer Budget: Not too fussed

Wage Budget: This is where I like to have some leeway, it would be nice if they had a healthy wage budget so I can pick up some good free players and loans.

Finances: No crippling debts please.

Desirable but not essential: It would be nice if the team has some nice history and/or some decent pull over to attract some decent players.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah everyone remembers them from their uefa cup run a few years ago but they've been relegated a few times since then I think

Yeah, I remember watching the highlights for that match, they are the only team that I know of that lost the match cos of a own golden goal(I might be wrong on that)...a real shame..I have decided on having 2 saves especially since Pr0 has just released his latest update packs, one will be Alaves, my main save!...the other will be something to use so as to try out players and stuff since I havent really done much experimenting since I got the game, prob going to be Vitesse, not sure..

Between these 2 saves and Diablo 3, I am going to be mighty occupied....good thing I am single :p

Yeah, I remember watching the highlights for that match, they are the only team that I know of that lost the match cos of a own golden goal(I might be wrong on that)...a real shame..I have decided on having 2 saves especially since Pr0 has just released his latest update packs, one will be Alaves, my main save!...the other will be something to use so as to try out players and stuff since I havent really done much experimenting since I got the game, prob going to be Vitesse, not sure..

Between these 2 saves and Diablo 3, I am going to be mighty occupied....good thing I am single :p

Yeah that was definitely one of the best matches ive ever seen. Vitesse or Groningen be good for your other save as Dutch league has no restrictions.

Here are the starting transfer budget for the Premiership clubs on the new patch. The first number is the lowest amount of transfer money, and the other number is the highest.

Arsenal: £43m - £58m

Aston Villa: £3m - £4.5m

Blackburn: £0

Bolton: £4m - £7.25m

Chelsea: £5m - £6.5m

Everton: £0

Fulham: £3.1m - £5.25m

Liverpool: £7.5m - £11m

Man City: £46m - £61m

Man Utd: £15m - £18.5m

Newcastle: £3m - £4m

Norwich: £0