FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, I did a little test to see just how hard it would be to sign players I see others have managed to get. Hazard, Hulk, you get the drift. All up I ended up forking out 374 mil on 11 players however couldn't get Neymar for love nor money. Actually I managed to get to contract terms but the agent wanted over 10 mil! On average the wage bill was between 120k and 170k a week as well as all the other hidden costs. As you might have guessed I used FMRTE to be able to do this but the question beckons, without using a editor how the h%ll do people end up with these players in their squads. I suspect they must either add them with the in game editor and or use a editor like FMRTE to adjust monies and such. Anyway it was fun and after a few months of winning most every game Arsenal were in financial ruin from the wages alone. I can list the 11 players if you like but you would know most of them. Couldn't get Neymar 110k min fee. Cheers

Hi all, I did a little test to see just how hard it would be to sign players I see others have managed to get. Hazard, Hulk, you get the drift. All up I ended up forking out 374 mil on 11 players however couldn't get Neymar for love nor money. Actually I managed to get to contract terms but the agent wanted over 10 mil! On average the wage bill was between 120k and 170k a week as well as all the other hidden costs. As you might have guessed I used FMRTE to be able to do this but the question beckons, without using a editor how the h%ll do people end up with these players in their squads. I suspect they must either add them with the in game editor and or use a editor like FMRTE to adjust monies and such. Anyway it was fun and after a few months of winning most every game Arsenal were in financial ruin from the wages alone. I can list the 11 players if you like but you would know most of them. Couldn't get Neymar 110k min fee. Cheers

I've found it rather easy to pick up players of notable quality on FM, especially when managing a side like Arsenal. I mean, when managing Newcastle, after a tycoon takeover I was able to acquire Messi and Ronaldo within the same transfer window. But yeah, some of these players come on huge wages, bonuses, and agent fees ect.

At the moment after bringing in Rooney and Ozil in the last transfer window I'm actually -£80k on my current wage budget; but that can be easily reduced by moving on a couple of players - Van Persie (£120K, running out at end of season), Damiao (£80k) or Cavani (£130k).

Over the last few seasons I've been able to generate a healthy annual profit, which has led to becoming richest club in the world, has been aided through 3 CL wins and other competition prize moneys - but generally, from month t month I'll be hemorrhaging money, mainly due to the wage bill.

Something on FM, and probably reflective of real life football is the amount of money you have to pay for these players on wages. Currently renegotitating Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's contract, he's currently on £20k a week, but wanting the following - I have a real irk about players, especially ones that are not transfered in wanting over £100K - as the years progress, I can generally get this to be a wage cap when you can fill you're side with regens - but currently spending £1.66M a week on wages!

- £105K Basic Wage

- £1.8M Loyalty Bonus

- £1.9M Agent Fee (WHY!!!?, he's already my player ffs - the, single worst edition to FM ever. Utterly hate it!)

- Seasonal Goal Bonus - £1.5M after 15 goals (which he'l cash in on)

- £10.5k Apperance fee (Another thing I hate, I'm paying you a huge salary to play football!)

- £10.5k Goal Bonus

- £525k Team of the year

i am sure that the amount of money in your transfer budget and wage budget affects how much teams and players ask in wages and transfer fees too. if you have a massive surplus and a great financial picture i always feel it is taken advantage of

What were the reasons/circumstances of you getting rid of Aaron Ramsey? I couldn't dream of parting with him on my save.

Jack Butland too, how come you brought him in, but sold him of again?

I had Ramsey playing in a Deep role but he was no where near as effective as say Jack Wilshere in my squad. Also due to me being one of the few in here that play 2 up top I only have 1 creative role to fill in each game. I have Willian ( Better imho ) and Wilshere and both pull in more passes and seem have more key passes each game too.

Wilshere: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174122312/8B51D87FE2B9067B0C13EBF4784806DAD9DCC5D1/

Willian: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174125417/8C05E37575D0C52E165193B3087743E21C85DDDC/

Ramsey: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174126832/2B74DCA4FEFB95C3C1BDB1F1D509FFD9F711D029/

I bought In Butland and he played a fair few but I wan't happy with the progress he was making in the cup games. I would play him vs. league 1 and championship and he would leek goals galore. I put in that Spanish regen 2 or 3 years younger than him and he would perform and actually communicate with the defence. Out of curiosity, based on his stats against my other keepers, would you of moved him on?

Butland: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174121123/9F91539DB540D64853191BAF7090AF75D1C32F06/

Miguel: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174123856/7968683FA3B0C6FB471D66B235FA7911E4F5EB00/

How did you take Woj's eccentricity from around 15 to 4?

(Or maybe that's a previous database but did Woj have such a low eccentricity??)

I am on the first update before Jan so it will be the original data I am using, I haven't done anything with him apart from one warning when he threw away a 2 goal lead vs. utd second season with 2 shoddy goal kicks that didn't make the half way line and both times landed at an attacker and they scored ( late on like 88th and 91st or something like that )

I had Ramsey playing in a Deep role but he was no where near as effective as say Jack Wilshere in my squad. Also due to me being one of the few in here that play 2 up top I only have 1 creative role to fill in each game. I have Willian ( Better imho ) and Wilshere and both pull in more passes and seem have more key passes each game too.

Wilshere: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174122312/8B51D87FE2B9067B0C13EBF4784806DAD9DCC5D1/

Willian: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174125417/8C05E37575D0C52E165193B3087743E21C85DDDC/

Ramsey: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174126832/2B74DCA4FEFB95C3C1BDB1F1D509FFD9F711D029/

I bought In Butland and he played a fair few but I wan't happy with the progress he was making in the cup games. I would play him vs. league 1 and championship and he would leek goals galore. I put in that Spanish regen 2 or 3 years younger than him and he would perform and actually communicate with the defence. Out of curiosity, based on his stats against my other keepers, would you of moved him on?

Butland: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174121123/9F91539DB540D64853191BAF7090AF75D1C32F06/

Miguel: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/955013318174123856/7968683FA3B0C6FB471D66B235FA7911E4F5EB00/

For me Ramsey is developing into one of the best central midfielders in the world, but each to their own.

Regarding Butland, I would have kept him as I like to try and develop him into a future England number one; as he has the potential, so would have seen him to be more of a project instead of anally weighing up stats vs. a regen to just be back-up and play less than 15 games a season. Yeah, your regen Miguel is good - but when you say Butland wasn't progressing, that could be more down to the training and development you've given him, and him leaking goals could be more down to a wider defensive issue. To go to the trouble of bringing him in I'd have thought you would have stuck with him until he's fully developed before casting him of, especially when you never made him your #1. Marc-ter-Stegen, for me would be far too good to be a number 2, likewise for Sczesney, so I wouldn't have two GKs of such quality to fill one spot - where I'd have one top keeper who would play 90%+ of games injury permitting a season, and a young goalkeeper to play now and again to supplement reserve games and training.

I would have reason never to play him as my number 1 for the next 10 years due to Sczesney being so good. But quite happy to develop him and see reward when he gets to 25 or so and demanding a place in the side. This season I've played him in about 5 straight games due to me changing GK and not even noticing when selecting the team - from which he didn't concede. Saying that, that would be more demonstrative of the whole side and their performances, and Sczesney could have quite easily kept those goals out. So Butland does have the necassery quality, aged 21 atm, to play in a side that allows him to shine.

All those regens you've acquired? How do you intend on finding room for them in you're side. I've found this in previous saves, that I would hoard regens every season, and would find that their despite tailored training and top youth coaching thier development would suffer because they wouldn't get enough game time - meaning if you were to give each of them their needed game time, you're going to need to move on a considerably amount of you're first team squad, or progressivly you're going to start hoarding. Something I've made the mistake of many a time, meaning I reguarly buy regens now until well into the game when you need to, instead of which just relying on youth intake. I find more fun in developing real players than filling my side and reserves with faceless regens now.

A very good point you make mate. I saw Ramsey as a very good player, just not world class on my game.

With Butland, I had him in mind as my future keeper and Ter-stegen was bought at a point where I struggled defensively and was much more a panic buy. I actually thought about ridding of Sczesney but told myself give both keepers 10 games and see what happens. It was a time when I wa strying to play Bartley, Ignasi, Eastmond and Djourou and on the original database all seemed incredibly lacklustre watching the games but got good stats so I thought it was gk. Butland was a project but when I found Miguel I just saw a £££ and a Casillas duplicate that could be my own. I suppose that is my inexperience when it comes to GK's. Ter-stegen will no doubt move on as I didn't outlay too much on him with me still receiving bids of £15m from Madrid for him, Sooner rather than later it will be 2 gk's and a young u-18's.

Surprisingly as it may be, I have bought maybe half of them, the other half are with feeder clubs and I simply match a bid or contract or are actually coming through my ranks. I also seem to get a huge amount of French intake each year ( like 4 out of my 18 I get ) that I have never had in a previous game. I suppose a bit like Wenger, I enjoy seeing my youth squad winning and feel that by putting together a strong youth squad I can pick and choose where my 1st team needs strengthening and then gradually introduce them into the fold. As silly as it sounds, I don't play first teamers in any cup games until Quarters and semi's (If I get there) and surprisingly they do well. I agree on the hoarding and in this save for the first 2 years I was guilty of it. I am at a point on my save now where a lot of my "real" players are peaking and these youngsters are coming into some "wonderkid" statuses so I will choose who suits me best and move on the rest for £££.

Excellent point, makes sense when one thinks about it. So I wonder if it works the same way if you had low rep and stuff all money ;-)

i am sure that the amount of money in your transfer budget and wage budget affects how much teams and players ask in wages and transfer fees too. if you have a massive surplus and a great financial picture i always feel it is taken advantage of

Nice effort! I've had him in a Newcastle side, was incredible needless to say - cost me something just short of a government bail out though. Tried signing him on a free like you've done in a Chelsea save; scout reports suggested he'd be interested, although refused to enter negotiations, his contract ran right down to the final day, thinking he'd be released, still not wanting to sign anything with me, before Barca signed him a new deal with just hours left! Was heartbroken!

Downloaded some screen capturing software earlier, first of all some fancy windows stuff, but couldn't get the encoding up on youtube, so settled for the first freebie found on google. Anyway, here is some of the highlights from a particularly pleasing performance - 4-0, some well crafted goals, 84% possession and Song just missing out on 200 passes, and should give a view of the 'Spanish' style of play I've got going with my three sweepers and essentially seven in midfield! Hope you enjoy, make sure you click HD720 and fullscreen, otherwise quality is a bit shabby.

[video=youtube;hNS-ot4jR48]

Currently 1st Jan 2006. In a lowly 6th after winning the league and CL last year. The worth of the club has dropped almost 2billion. In talks with a free transfer for Benzema. Here is the current squad.

Goalkeeper

Scznezny

Tocci

Cisse

Disappointing with the progress of the 2 youngsters. Scznez is an absolute beast though.

Right Back

Rui Carlos

Vrsaljko

Both great performers. Had to get rid of Romario because he had no chance with these 2 there

Centre Back

Zouma

Prestia

Herrera

Vermaelen

Remy

Llori

Those first 2 are the future. Looking to offload William Remy and Tiago Llori asap.

Left Back

Gibbs

Shaw

Sufficient for now, looking at a world class newgen.

DM Role

Simoni

Coquelin

Song

Fernando

Four quality players fighting for 1 place. Songs contract is running out though and am looking to offload Fernando

Midfield

Wilshere

Kuzma

Labyad

The Ox

Granero

Sigurdsson

Ramsey

Castro

This lot are fighting for three places. Kuzma doesnt really fit into the new formation though and nor does Ramsey

Strikers

Cody Drury

Mate Susic

Julian Schieber

Walcott

Dude

Willian

Thompson

This lot fighting for 2 places. Drury and Susic are light years ahead of the others. May sell up on Walcott if I can get my hands on a certain newgen. The rest are still developing apart from Schieber who is adequate backup backup.

Will get some stat pages up when I get time.

im in the second season and my arsenal team have been kicking butt all season(wenger was fired in first season for failing to even get in the top 10!!!)

Goalkeepers:

W.Szczesny

T.Kuszczak

J.Blackman

Defenders

C.Jenkinson

B.Sagna

T.Vermaelen

P.Mertesacker

P.Jagielka(12.5m)

L.Koscielny

J.Djourou

L.Baines

Midfielders

F.Coquelin

J.Rodwell

M.Arteta

J.Wilshere

C.Eriksen(25m)

AOC

A.Ramsey

Gervinho

Strikers

T.Walcott

T.Henry

L.Podolski

O.Giroud

E.Cavani (27m)

M.Chamakh

spurs payed almost 30m for Cavani in season 1 but then he didn't play a singe game for them, i brough him for 27m(for some reason it hasn't showed up on his history) anyway i've play him as a DLF-Attack he's had 30 apps scored 29 goals AMR of 8.15

s,

At Home we are particually unstoppable we've beaten United and Spurs 5-1 and Chelsea 5-0

First Teamhttp://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559823083308732928

League Table

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559823083308745612

You can just click on upload highlights directly to Youtube mate directly in preferences I believe. Will be better quality as can be done in HD too ( hope that helps )
Yes, I know, thanks anyway.I hate the 3d match engine, plus to upload in 1080p takes a bloody age; just thought this might be easier as I was only having a play around, and can show off stats ect. at same time.

2014/15

7688768914_a495236b00_c.jpg

Managed to retain the Premier League for the third year running, but sadly missed out on doing the same with the Champions League - losing out 5-3 over two legs to Manchester United in the Quarter's. Similar tales of woe in the FA Cup and League Cup, this year only reaching Semi-finals and Quarter-finals respectively. Managed a clean sweep on the three lesser thropies - winning in the Community Shield, European Super Cup and the World Club Cup. This year was the first under the new 3-7-0 system, and after careful tweaking and experimentation I seem to have built something that can be deemed very efficient - in terms of the amount of control I have in games, the defensive strengths in doing so and the offensive threat surrounding that.

This therefore has led me to field a plethora of attacking midfield talent - making good use of the abilities of Thiago, Ozil, Wilshere, Ramsey, Rooney, Oxlade-Chamberlain, sometimes all in the same side. In doing so I've sort of forgotten about certain players - namely Theo Walcott and Leandro Damiao, and to a certain extent Cavani and Van Persie. Walcott only played 6(2) times for me all season, meaning that he actually featured in more games for the national side, so despite signing a new deal less than 12 months ago he'll be moved on hopefully before the coming season; same can be said for Damiao, despite featuring as third choice striker and a handful of apperances in amc slots he will also be moved on, hopefully for £40M+, but probably considerably less than he would have this time last year after he just finished a season in which he netter over 150 times. Van Persie, despite playing upwards of 20 games was just awful, and can't wait to see the back of him when his contract runs out, despite him not wanting to leave the club. I think in all the time managing Arsenal, I've only had a period of around 6 months, the first of the first season, in which he's been injury free and in reliable goal scoring form - been nothing more than a crocked money sponge for me sadly.

After last seasons lavish signings of Rooney and Ozil, I intend on being less involved this year. I missed out on the pre-contract signings of Eden Hazard and Marvin Martin in January, both of them instead choosing to move to Man United and Liverpool on cash deals in that window, but I did however pick up Thiago Alcantara's younger brother Rafinha on an end of contract deal from Barcelona. He's 22 now, and despite not playing for four years, has some top stats that can fit right into the side - hopefully I can get lucky with a PA and develop into a 2.0 of his brother. Other possible areas of investment could be another deep-lying midfielder - Nuri Sahin being top of my list, and possibly David Alaba of Bayern Munich, who can also double as first choice attacking left back - but in doing so would cast Kieran Gibbs' future in doubt, and entern Luke Shaw's development.

I've finally looked towards the future, and brought in a few young faces that I can fill my U18s with, after a season of it being left bare due to no intake deemed worthy. This year I've been gifted a few players that I can offer contracts to, but nothing too spectacular - here are the guys I've brought in if you want to take a look;

Tobias Mannel - A whole £7k compensation! http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8163/7688884860_1c625b8cf3_b.jpg

Sam Beckett - Stolen from Man City.. http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8430/7688894754_7c9e5d9e7e_b.jpg

Sam Morrison - From North of the border http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8423/7688890964_bb9d97ac92_b.jpg

Robin Trigg - £1.9M compensation from Huddersfield, scouts say he can be as good as Wayne Rooney http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7254/7688892904_bfe2becc0e_b.jpg

Rhett Hartman - Freebie from the USA. Daniel Karbassiyoon earning his wage here http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7269/7688889006_d8348ae8a4_b.jpg

Rangel Yonov - £925k from CSKA Sofia.. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7110/7688887030_eb1f3b2edf_b.jpg

Something tells me that this isn't that greater news?

7688767006_1b1122f222_b.jpg

Peter Hill-Wood sells up to this chump. God knows where he got the money from to buy the richest club in the world, presumably Cardiff City didn't do that well, and we all know what went on at Leeds. His arrival may have something to do with my poultry transfer budget of £46M, and him deeming only 40% of outgoing sales available despite the club showing year-on-year profit.

Yes, I know, thanks anyway.I hate the 3d match engine, plus to upload in 1080p takes a bloody age; just thought this might be easier as I was only having a play around, and can show off stats ect. at same time.

Wasn't being a D*** mate, I use "fraps" it's free to use and simply records either in game sound or desktop sound too. My brother uses it to showcase some of his game play when he Plays League of Legend's in tournaments online. it is incredibly easy to use and definitely worth a look at in my opinion

Wasn't being a D*** mate, I use "fraps" it's free to use and simply records either in game sound or desktop sound too. My brother uses it to showcase some of his game play when he Plays League of Legend's in tournaments online. it is incredibly easy to use and definitely worth a look at in my opinion

Yes, no it's fine - don't worry. Well I was looking for some software that I can use to record screens that I can play back at a later date for a project aside from FM entirely, and was sort of testing it out on FM before - I'll have a look at that suggestion, but downloaded a trial of Windows Expression that seems to be doing me fine for now.

Back to FM, my latest addition in the 15/16 transfer window has come as a bit of a surprise. Was sounding out various targets, and getting some up to date scout reports on Neymar, Gotze, Pastore, Sahin and a few others. After this Pastore's report indicated that he had no interest in signing, so I praised him and showed interest - which ended up him requesting a transfer and being placed on transfer list for a tidy fee of £10M. So yeah, Javier Pastore for £10M - thank you very much!

Any good keepers that will come to Arsenal 1st season (seems Alumnia is leaving)? Cheers

You should be absolutely fine with Szczesny and Fabianski for the first season, and if you wait you can usually get Adler for free at the end of the season. Otherwise I like David Ospina, but on my save I got Tim Krul when he wanted a new challenge from Newcastle.

Always makes me laugh though when Almunia leaves and the supporter spokesperson tells me that "the fans think he still had something to offer". Erm, no, they really don't.

What would people's feelings be about selling Koscielny (I'll only consider a big bid, but Real and Barca are both interested in him with a £28m price tag) and picking up Daniel Agger on a free.

It is the start of the 4th season, Otamendi and Vermaelen are generally my starting pair, Koscielny is 3rd choice, and I also have Kurt Zouma who deserves his chance. Agger would probably be 4th choice behind those three, but he would be experienced, good personality, and on cheaper wages.

Also, I'm gutted I just missed out on Xavi on a free because I didn't notice he'd been released. Man United snapped him up for a year (he's 34) for just £52k/w.

Sell, sell in my opinion. I sold for £17.5M to Inter in January 2014, but will depend if he's first choice for you or not and how valuable he is to you. He wasn't first choice, behind Varane and Vermaelen, plus Song was good back up - annnd I was in the transition to playing a single center back.

I'd have been playing Kurt Zouma from the first season, yet to manage him so far, but have been qouted upwards of £30M on my save for him - so I'd get playing him as soon as possible as I think he'd go on to be a lot better than Verm. and Otamendi, plus it'll give you a different approach, a big strong fast center back. Personally, first thoughts would lend me to say you shouldn't have bothered with Agger.

Sell, sell in my opinion. I sold for £17.5M to Inter in January 2014, but will depend if he's first choice for you or not and how valuable he is to you. He wasn't first choice, behind Varane and Vermaelen, plus Song was good back up - annnd I was in the transition to playing a single center back.

I'd have been playing Kurt Zouma from the first season, yet to manage him so far, but have been qouted upwards of £30M on my save for him - so I'd get playing him as soon as possible as I think he'd go on to be a lot better than Verm. and Otamendi, plus it'll give you a different approach, a big strong fast center back. Personally, first thoughts would lend me to say you shouldn't have bothered with Agger.

Well, I haven't bothered with him yet, or sold Kosc, or even had an offer. But you're right, I have under played Zouma, and moving him up to at least 3rd in the pecking order is one of the main reasons I'm considering a sale. I've never played Song as a centre back, so I hadn't considered him at all, but maybe with my large squad I could sell Kosc and not replace him.

Now I just need a good bid to come in...

Kurt Zouma was awful for me and Koscielney is an awesome tutor to my young-uns plus a very good stand in when needed. I have Sakho, Vermaelen and Kara ahead of him and they all play in either Stopper or Cover exceptionally well.

I wouldn't sell unless £17 million plus for me and that's in 2017

2012/13 season round up

What an excellent season we won a (domestic) treble a dropped only 2 points all season scoring 144 goals in the League alone. Cavani was my best performer scoring 44 goals in 46 apperances , Henru made the most apperances with 52 he scored 19 goals with 23 assists

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559823083340967031

2013/14 Season Preview

I have decide to stick with the same Formation. There're 2 big channges to mention first Szczesny departed for city for 27m I Brought in Zieler from Hannover for 15m, Mertersacker Join Wojciech at city for 17.5m, I replaced him with hummels who cost me 25 millon

Transfers

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559823083341013401

first 11

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559823083341039573

that is my single most awful cringe worthy thing i hate on these forums...

people claiming defenders are good because they score into double figures.... ARGHHHH

Never claimed this was why he was my best defender...Added bonus to the fact he can actually defend.

Dont just presume everyone wants there defender to score double figures, or knows sod all about what a defenders job actually is.

Grrr, I lost my whole summer to a corrupted save file, including a Community Shield win and a 5-0 opening day win. So Kosc is still with me and not even attracting any interest at the moment.

At the moment I'm thinking of doing no business at all this summer (not overpaying £18m for a regen RB again, like I did in my lost save). Might try for Xavi this time around though.

Regarding corners, I have mine set to 6 yard box, a defender attacking each post. Otamendi got 11 goals in all comps for me last season (several from FKs rather than corners).

Man City, who beat me to the league title, scored more from corners than me so I don't consider that too exploit-y, just doing enough to keep up with the opposition.

Never claimed this was why he was my best defender...Added bonus to the fact he can actually defend.

Dont just presume everyone wants there defender to score double figures, or knows sod all about what a defenders job actually is.

"Snap, Easily my best defender, scored 15 goals in my second season." ... not a huge leap to think you rate him for scoring goals tbh..

and i was talking generally... only using your case as an example of the many many people who think a cb scoring goals is a positive

There is no "OFFICIAL" database update, and there will never be one. The next database will be 13.x

Dear, oh, dear the transfer window hasn't shut! You start an new Arsenal save with Giroud and Podolski in today, and have to restart again a couple of days later because they've signed Cazorla and Sahin.

There is no "OFFICIAL" database update, and there will never be one. The next database will be 13.x

Dear, oh, dear the transfer window hasn't shut! You start an new Arsenal save with Giroud and Podolski in today, and have to restart again a couple of days later because they've signed Cazorla and Sahin.

No i dont im using the latest default database from SI

Archived