FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

Is it just me or does city try to poach all my stars at Arsenal ? I'm only in the second season and they wanted Wilshere, Vermaelen, Sagna and Mbiwa who I bought in the first season .

They tried to poach half of my bloody back-room staff!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They tried to poach half of my bloody back-room staff!

Yep, me too. It's a real pain. They've had Colbert and Houston from me. Didn't let them take Brady or Rowley though.

I got rid of most of the staff upon my arrival, brought in my own lot.

City and Liverpool have both tried to raid my staff. This is one aspect of the game I dont like, as soon as I see them come in with an offer, I always feel like I need to give the guy in question a new contract. So for me, this part of the game is just an extra money drain.

It needs to be deeper (ie talk with the coach about there intentions, or possibly some heavier compensation

Arsenal Season 1- A New Beginning

Hello guys, I've decided to make one of my last saves on FM12. an Arsenal one. I am currently using a transfer update, to help further my enjoyment.

As per our current real life situation, I decided it was in my best interests to get rid of some of our 'deadwood' and also, as unfortunate as it is, RVP. Here are my transfers for season 1:

http://gyazo.com/600d3a580001cf88bd90d16fed8d5aa8

Alot of outs, and not alot of ins, but I feel like I have sufficient squad depth with the promotion of a few youngsters.

Here is my tactic, with the only change ill be making is replacing Dempsey with Podolski, once fit.

http://gyazo.com/39f72e2b78635e96c5834437e8708ad2

Lets hope I can restore ourselves to our former glory!

Edit: My pictures didnt work :( Would anybody be able to tell me how or link me to a guide? Thank you :D

I like a few others are late into starting an Arsenal save but have done so in the hope of winning the club its first trophy for some time! I unlike most on this thread am not an Arsenal fan and therefore will probably be seen as un Wenger like in some of my signings but I will be keeping the style of football going as I have found on this game and previous versions, possession is one of the greatest assets a team can have! Here is what I have done so far...

Transfers In

Bruno - 3.5m - 28 yr old DM, was transfer listed and looks like imediate cover for Song as I am going to loan out the youngsters for a year

Diego Perotti - 11.5m - aml/c/r - all round attacking midfielder, his stats fit what I am after in an attacking player, more expensive then I wanted though

Aly Cissokho - 13m - Quality left back as santos does not look good enough and gibbs is not quite ready in my eyes but will give him games this season

Dede - 20m - amazing centre defender, pace, power, tackling, marking, heading all over 15, cannot wait for this guy to take on the best strikers in the prem

Van Der Wiel - 15m - Sagna has alot of interest in him, no intention of selling but i figure two quality right backs is better than one

Willian - 11.25m - I love attacking midfielders and this guy looks like he could be amazing

Transfers out

Alumnia - 2m - surplus to requirements, Schezney looks more than good enough and reading what others have posted, he will be my keeper for many seasons

Numerous loans for many players for the youth to gain experience and the unwanted to save money on wages as noone would bid what I saw as an acceptable amount

As you can see, my monthly bill is going to be rather large as I have abused the 48 month installments but I am hoping to mount a serious title challange in the first season to claw the money back!

Tactic wise I am choosing a 4-2-3-1 as I think that gets the best out of my team. The 2 will in fact be defensive mid players and the 3 will be an aml,amc & amr so no-one on the midfield line but will have the team on a fluid setting in the hope that it blends the attacking and defnsive units together.

and so, my 1st 11 look like this

--------------Walcott--------------

---Perroti-----willian-----RVP---

------Arteta--------Song-------

--Cissokho--Verm---Dede---Sagna

---------------Szczesney------------

Staff wise, I added a few more coachs to increase the stars but that was it.

I also got RVP to sign a new contract which I am happy about as he will be key to the season I believe!

I have already had a few games of pre-season and 3 wins out of 3. Calling it a night now, will update as often as I can

I forgot to offer Szczesny an improved contract, he got upset and joined Wenger at Milan :( I have a very old Buffon and a young english regen to keep me going, also splashed the cash on Ronaldo, 60 million :D

Pre season with an updated DB;

Sold RVP to City for £22m, but got Weiss in return. Quality.

In- Podolski

Giroud(shame he was already here as I don't rate him and will not fit our style)

Dempsey- Deemed average by most, but I like him, he's versatile and provides competition and goals from midfield. £5m

Weiss- p/x, very good player.

Craig Gordon- Free. Provides back up to Woj after Fabianski goes.

Out- RVP £22m plus Weiss

Bender 6m Malaga

Vela 3m Swansea- I really rate Vela but it was unlikely he'd get anywhere near the 1st team. However, wish i kept him and sold Gervinho instead, who i cannot stand.

Chamakh 4m Fiorentina

Chung Park Yung whatever 4m Gladbach

Desperately trying to get rid of Diaby as i refuse to manage such a player. Jovetic is a little too pricey at the moment, but i feel i do need another striker as i have major doubts over Giroud. Defence looks fine, though i may loan Jallet in as cover for Sagna/

Song is so annoying. I demanding 130k pw and match highest earner clause, and will not budge. Might have to get rid of him in January.

Any ideas on a replacement? Thinking of having a real go at Javi Martinez.

Song is so annoying. I demanding 130k pw and match highest earner clause, and will not budge. Might have to get rid of him in January.

Any ideas on a replacement? Thinking of having a real go at Javi Martinez.

Javi Martinez is quality, using him as DM on my Athletic save, not much gets past him.

My team in season 4.

Krul

Woj

Sagna

Jenkinson

Dede

TV

Alderweireld

Reyna (regen)

Jose Angel

Haddad (regen)

Martinez

Song

Willian

Wilshere

Campana

Ramsey

Fernandinho

Rodriguez

Perotti

Gervinho

Oxo

RVP

Dzagoev

Have some brilliant youngster who are ready to join the squad and also Barkley was signed after he was transfer listed by Everton but he didn't perform so I shipped him off on loan to Everton

Finally turned my season round after a very poor run, nearly lost interest.

Top 6 after 25 games:

City 57

Utd 55

Chelsea 53

Liverpool 51

Arsenal 49

Spurs 44

Should be an exciting run in, Cavani finally back in light training however he may find it hard getting back in after signing leandro damiao in jan also signed Giatan.

My Forwards:

Van Persie ~ will prob go in summer

Podolski

Damiao

Cavani

Walcott ~ Mainly right wing but plays well up front also

Quick Question Shawcross or Kjaer??

I don't think that shawcross is champions league material is he? I would have thought kjaer would be the better choice, how much will you have to pay out for each?

Also, quick update, also picked up Vargas as he was transfer listed. 4.2 mill but I loved him on previous versions and gives me the option of having an aml that can tackle and win the ball back high up the pitch. Pre-season all done, won them all so spirits are up ready for the season, Walcott is looking leathal so can't wait to see him in prem action. Got early start at work so will start season tomorrow night.

I see a few people have struggled in the prem, just about making top four or just about mounting a challenge. Who have been the hardest teams to beat?? The obvious choices being the two Manchester clubs I assume?

why are people all trying to sell van Persie all of a sudden? you know he is an excellent player, and it is just a game - if he is doing the business don't be an idiot, play the game not real life

because some like to play their games close to real life... and if van persie is refusing to sign a contract and wants to go irl, why shouldnt people want to get rid in game and use the resources that arsenal will have in the upcoming season?

why are people all trying to sell van Persie all of a sudden? you know he is an excellent player, and it is just a game - if he is doing the business don't be an idiot, play the game not real life

Whatever. I sold him because I like the challenge of replacing stars. And as Welshace wrote, some like real life parallels. It's more challenging for me to NOT give a 29 y/o injury prone player £160k+ a week, and work on a tighter budget. Some find it fun and we all play our own way.

I don't think that shawcross is champions league material is he? I would have thought kjaer would be the better choice, how much will you have to pay out for each?

& Welshace

I have both in my squad at present Kjaer was the first player i brought when i started the save and he was a rock first season, at the start of the second season i got Shawcross for £12.5m which i thought was a good buy and he has kept Kjear out of the team, this season he has been woeful 19 games 7.02 compared to last season 36 games 7.24 which looking at it doesn't look so bad but has made a lot of mistakes, shawcross played 22 at 7.28. But my dilemma is won the league last season and conceded just 32 this season after 29 games i have already let in 36 sitting in 4th 10 points behind 1st. do i buy a world class centre half in the summer to partner TV?

I would like to do an Arsenal save as my last game. I want to use the 12.2 patch, as I like saving all the new transfers for the next FM. With that being said, I'm assuming the most popular formation would be a 4-2-3-1? If so, what role should I give RVP (will sell after 1st season)? Are there any particular players I should go for, other than Vrsaljko? I'm not an Arsenal fan, so I appreciate any help in advance.

seems silly really - my 31 year old van Persie is still easily my best player, have kept him injury free and playing well. for the point about van persie's wages - i have NEVER given him a large wage, had him on £100k pw max - good negotiating tactics will help with that - if anyone wants me to link an article on negotiating tactics then just let me know

Yes, but when i offered him a new deal he said 160k plus massive signing on fee, so i decided to move on with a new era. For me it's unrealistic that RVP would accept such a small wage increase, and some people like myself prefer as much realism as possible. It's a challenge to let your best player go and still progress, even with Giroud who i really don't like as a player. Just does not fit into the Arsenal system imo. Need more mobility and pace! Just a different way of playing, no one better than the other :)

Rondon might be that man.

Well I re-signed RvP and he scored a hattrick in the Community Shield to beat Man United, then he was basically injured until Christmas. Damiao has been out for a period too and Giroud is upset that I never play him, but Babacar has stepped up to score a brace in a 3-0 win at White Hart Lane. Injuries have been a nightmare though in my second season, I suspect I'm overdoing the training.

Season 2 review

League 3rd

FA Cup Winners

League Cup Runner up

Champions League Quarter Final

Top Goal Scorer

Van Persie 27 in 34

Podolski 20 in 34

Walcott 15 in 48

Assists

Wilshere 18 in 45

Walcott 17 in 48

Van Persie 13 in 34

Ave Rating

Van Persie 7.38 in 34

Cavani 7.38 in 14

Walcott 7.34 in 48

All in all slightly disappointed in the season only plus point was winning the fa cup, however on the player side very impressed with Theos form and a Special mention has to go to the emergence of the oxo, he made the left side his own after Gervinhos injury and had a very good season Played 33 scored 6 Assisted 10 goals with an ave rating of 7.18.

Premier League

Started the season with a lot of confidence and went on a good run of results with Gervihno player of the season last year picked up from where he left of, however things seeemed to decline as soon as he pick up a bad injury we had our normal mid season dip and it was a big dip which we never recovered from and Man City took our crown, just scraped 3rd with a good 3 - 0 home win against Utd.

Top 4

Man City 86

Man Utd 80

Arsenal 77

Liverpool 76

Relegated

Reading

Blackpool

Bolton

Champions League

Again not happy with the out come in europe may have something to do with my tactic, something i will look at in pre-season, no shame in going out to Real Madrid who where eventual winners against Man City after a penalty shoot-out.

Domestic Cups

Good cup runs may have been my downfall in the league losing 2 - 1 to Man City in the final of the League Cup, But conquering Sunderland in the FA Cup.

Just re-discovered my Arsenal save from a few months ago on my memory card, loaded up and seem to have got stuck back into it. Here's one of my first games back, fair to say pretty pleased. Hopefully I should be able to convert a few of those shots onto target and in the goal!

7555628192_2791a54c5d_b.jpg

7551987214_0f4e0c37fe_b.jpg

Anybody had a takeover at Arsenal during there save? I thought it would be nearly impossible but to my surprise i had a guy called Dean Jefferies complete a takeover of the club during June 2015 as part of a consortium. Unfortunately he has not cleared the debt but he has whacked a substantial amount of money into the transfer kitty (around 100M) and my wage budget set at over 2.5M.

my possibible formations for next year 2015/16 season

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559821183644375211

or

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559821183644377821

Despite being only 20 years old Palmer was my best player scoring 53 goals in 67 apps in all competitons, Arenas a 21 yr/old from guetamala also played well but was injured for most of the season i try and post a screen shot asap

How has Gnabry turned out for people, any photos of a decent developed version? And can anyone tell me his PA?

Just curious as he doesn't look like he'll ever turn out to be anything decent and not sure I should bother with him.

no never pity i think he looks like a great prospect(irl)

hes developed well cant remeber his sarting stats but hes good enough for me i also like the look of matt alexander a young 19 year mc/dm similar(ish) to song i got a number of promising dm/mc might sell one of them

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559821183652340407

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559821183652457814

and my 20 year old wonderkid

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559821183652470090

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559821183652475589

How has Gnabry turned out for people, any photos of a decent developed version? And can anyone tell me his PA?

Just curious as he doesn't look like he'll ever turn out to be anything decent and not sure I should bother with him.

i my save in 2016 hes currently plays for FC Carl Zeiss Jena who play in Germanys Regional Division North

Just a quick question regarding Van Persie, with any current club politics set aside..

Currently in the January window in the second season. RVP misses half of the first season through injury, but was nonetheless a very big part to my side; January of that season I brought in Cavani to take the weight of expectation of RVP and haven't looked back since. Now the second season has come along, and RVP has already had a couple of knocks, and sits on the bench, behind Cavani, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Walcott in my front three.

Basically, I'm looking to sell him on, and wondering what sort of price have people been able to get for him, and a general consensus on moving him on? Like I say, he isn't in my first XI, and ideally I'd like to keep him due to the quality he has, but just seems a bit of an extravagance, knowing that I'd be able to get a good few £ for him.

if he's not in your plans... move him on for cash while you can...

you should be able to get £20 million for him.. but it all depends on how he's performed and if anyone's interested.... changes game to game..

in one after second season i sold him for £40 million ... in others he's gone for £18 million... all depends..

offer him out for silly amounts but dont put him on the transfer list ... see how that goes

Archived