Sports Interactive Community
llama3

FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

Hi

would like to sign a right attacking midfielder to give Walcott a bit of competition , I have Lavezzi and marco reus in mind but which should I go for , this will be my big money signing for the start of the second season?

cheers

i have a cheap option - alex oxlade-chamberlain

good point , how about left wing I have Gervinho and Podolski you can play there but I rotate podolski up front with rvp , is that ok I know I have Ryo but I dont think he is ready for first team in second season?

douglas costa for 10 million from Shaktar.

and if that Game doesn't get more people playing as the gunners ...........

He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants ..... Robin Van Persie scores when he wants .........!!!!!!

good point , how about left wing I have Gervinho and Podolski you can play there but I rotate podolski up front with rvp , is that ok I know I have Ryo but I dont think he is ready for first team in second season?

you sound fairly decent for depth - you still got rosicky? if not miyaichi may be enough. If you need another body ibrahim afellay is pretty cheap cos he is transfer listed usually

douglas costa for 10 million from Shaktar.

and if that Game doesn't get more people playing as the gunners ...........

He scores when he wants, he scores when he wants ..... Robin Van Persie scores when he wants .........!!!!!!

i was there - fans were magnificent, really vocal and supportive

rosicky was particularly magnificent in central midfield

you sound fairly decent for depth - you still got rosicky? if not miyaichi may be enough. If you need another body ibrahim afellay is pretty cheap cos he is transfer listed usually

Rosicky has just gone on a free , May see how I go with Ryo and the Ox in pre-season

thanks

keep an eye on shinji kagawa - contract usually runs out 2013 - well worth getting

got another problem pat rice just retired!

keown got snapped up early in the season by sunderland and I tried to get Tassotti but he does not want to enter talks.

Any ideas guys?

start of second season.

Oleg seems to be a popular replacement going by posts earlier in this thread.

Jair Ventura is a good cheap option if he's in your game (think you need the Brazil leagues loaded though).

thanks will check him out

*a few olegs come up in search ,which one is it?

Sorry...Oleg Luzhny (might not be spelling that right, not on FM at moment)

got another problem pat rice just retired!

keown got snapped up early in the season by sunderland and I tried to get Tassotti but he does not want to enter talks.

Any ideas guys?

start of second season.

Check out a Brazilian chap called Sidnei Lobo. Brilliant stats.

Or, you could promote Steve Bould...if you wanted to be 'realistic'...

yea I was going to ask the same. I have him trained all the same too so he looks almost the same @ 22 now. Shame - yet he is a god for me now!

sure thing, http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carmi88/screenshot/506891565256953271?tab=public

Kieran, that Is him on the decline, he improves stats wise a lot more! :)

Cheers for that! He isn't far off Charlton's England goal scoring record (although I doubt that still stands in your game). 8 league titles isnt bad either!

I am very impressed how far into the game you have managed to get - most I have ever managed was 8 seasons back on FM10. And that was mainly because I had Gourcuff and Pastore working in tandem...

I've mainly just tried to get a player and keep them on, since a team full of regens I don't know have no real attraction to me. But with 6 English players, 3 England first 11 starters, I've been able to keep myself happy and entertained

I still have Wilshere and Szczesny. No other real players In my team, just try to sign the occasional foreigner to add something new.

February Update

Arsenal 1 - 0 Stoke (Ramsey) 1/2/12 EPL

Man Utd 3 - 2 Arsenal (R.V.P(2)) 5/2/12 An even match, a draw would probably have been fairer ;)EPL

Bolton 1 - 4 Arsenal (Wilshere(2), Hummels, R.V.P) 11/2/12 EPL

Dortmund 1 - 2 Arsenal (Vermaelen, R.V.P) 15/2/12 Good result away from home in the first leg, could have been so much better though hitting the woodwork 4 times! CL First Knockout

Arsenal 2 - 0 Wycombe (Koscienly, Izzy o.g) 19/2/12 FA Cup 5th round

Arsenal 4 - 0 Aston Villa (Wilshere, Hazard(2), R.V.P) 22/2/12 EPL

Arsenal 2 - 0 Aston Villa (R.V.P(2)) 26/2/12 Finally Arsenal have something to celebrate! Thoroughly deserved to win the competition fielding an almost full strength team throughout. Good times ;)League Cup Final

Manager of the month : A.V.B who has helped Chelsea keep pressure on me at the top

Player of the month : Chicharito with 5 goals in 4 appearances

Young player of the month : Wilshere again with 3 goals in 4 and an average rating of 7.85. With Gervinho injured I have been forced to play Hazard out wide and Wilshere in the Trequartista position... Where he has been playing amazing!

Overall quite pleased with the results this month. The CL tie should have been wrapped up already and to loose to Man Utd was disappointing. Playing some nice football though and we look good sitting at the top of the table still after 26 games played.

1st Arsenal 68 points

2nd Chelsea 66 points

3rd Man Utd 63 points

4th Liverpool 48 points

5th Man City 48 points

As you can see the top 3 are very close coming into the final games of the season, my final game is to be played at home against, none other than second place Chelsea. This has the potential to be bigger than any Cup Final game I have played in FM so far. Wish me luck ;) Been drawn against Hull in the next round of the FA cup.

Are most people using 4231? Or 433/451?

March Update

Arsenal 5 - 2 Newcastle (Chamberlain(2), Hummels(3) 3/3/12 EPL

Arsenal 2 - 0 Dortmund (Gervinho, Arteta) 6/3/12 CL First Knockout (4-1 agg) OM in next round

Arsenal 2 - 0 Hull (Diaby, Walcott) 17/3/12 FA Cup 6th Round

Arsenal 2 - 0 Wigan (Ramsey, Walcott) 20/3/12 EPL

Arsenal 1 - 0 Everton (Ramsey) 24/3/12 EPL

OM 4 - 1 Arsenal (Vermaelen) 28/3/12 What a poor performance, think we got used to playing to many home games there. Could easily have been a bigger defeat. Fear the worst this round CL Quarter finals

Swansea 0 - 1 Arsenal (Gervinho) 31/3/12 EPL

Manager of the month : Me with 4 wins out of 4.

Player of the month : Torres with 6 goals from 5 games.

Young player of the month : Wilshere once more with an impressive 7.7 average.

I was happy with the 5 straight home games at the start of the month, i like home games lol. However the beating from OM was horrible. The size and young age of the squad is really starting to show here. With some failures in big games throughout the season maybe i need more experience. Having to rest R.V.P, Ramsey and Wilshere from training regularly.

However, I am happy with the league performance and on top of that Chelsea dropped 3 points away to Liverpool so that gives me a little breathing space at the top of the table. With us being out the CL i can concentrate on the league. We play Sunderland in the FA cup semi final, the other game involves Wolves V Chelsea.

April Update

Arsenal 2 - 1 OM (R.V.P(2)) 3/4/12 We played very well and were unlucky not to come back. Up 2 - 0 at half time and the team played very well before an o.g was scored. Would have played Barca in the Semi's. CL Quarter finals

Arsenal 4 - 0 Wolves (Hazard, Hummels, Wilshere, R.V.P) 7/4/12 Very good game, looked like a title winning team EPL

Norwich 0 - 0 Arsenal 9/4/12 Very poor, first time I have not been able to score in a league match this season. EPL

Sunderland 0 - 0 Arsenal (0-3 on penalties) 15/4/12 22 shots, 3 woodwork and 3 CCC's. Should have had this game buried! On a positive note Chelsea were beaten by Wolved in the other semi final :)FA Cup Semi Final

Arsenal 5 - 2 Man City (Wilshere(2), Hazard, R.V.P) 18/4/12 Delighted with this win and deserved it which is very pleasing. EPL

West Brom 1 - 4 Arsenal (R.V.P, Ramsey, Wilshere, Hazard) 21/4/12 Another good league win, we're getting there and Wilshere is performing very well in that AM position EPL

Fulham 3 - 3 Arsenal (Schwarzer o.g, Gervinho, Wilshere) 25/4/12 Was 2-0 down after just half an hour of play. Had i not been forced to use Fabianski then we would have won this game EPL

Arsenal 4 - 0 Blackburn (Gervinho, R.V.P(2), Wilshere) 28/4/12 With 24 shots and 68% possession this was one of my favorite games so far. EPL

Manager of the month : Redknapp, a great month for him and will have helped guide them to a very probable 4th place finish in the league.

Player of the month : Gervinho with 2 goals and 7.9 rating. This month looks like he has finally recovered from the African Nations :)

Young player of the month : Goes to Hazard, this award has so far been a clean sweep for Arsenal players lol

With only two more games to go I sit 4 points at the top. If I seal a victory against Sunderland away from home in the next game then the league is mine, meaning i wont have to get a result against Chelsea.

I play Wolves in the FA Cup Final between my last two league games. The domestic treble so far, is in my hands! Barcelona have managed to do just this in Spain but where knocked out the CL by OM.

OM will play Man Utd in the final of that cup, maybe Ferguson can make up for a disappointing 3rd place finish in the league if he secures this prestigious cup.

Just started a new game. Will be playing what the game calls a '4-2-3-1 Deep', and part of this is to do with an attempt to create a side with the defensive solidity of old Arsenal sides to combine with the usual passing game and attacking flair. I want a solid back four and goalkeeper to build a good understanding over time, every forward player needs to know their defensive responsibilities and work hard for the team, but most importantly I want a strong double shield, with two defensive midfielders screening the defence in the style of Vieira, Petit or Gilberto.

With this in mind I've brought in a few players, notably Kwadwo Asamoah (who will play alongside Song at DM) and Aly Cissokho (who gives me a defensively strong left back) for 14.75m and 12m respectively, and they will slot straight into the first team. Fabrice Muamba and Sime Vrsaljko (for just 4.6m and 2.8m) give me some more backup options at DM, with Sime also providing much needed cover at right back and Fabrice being a nice cheap backup option - especially as he's English, home grown at the club and an Arsenal fan. The departures are probably nothing unusual in this thread - Man City gave me 15m for Arshavin (and I replaced him with Willian for 8m, whilst I also got rid of Almunia, Park and Santos, the latter two on loans initially. Hopefully Djourou will be leaving either on loan or permanently soon, but he just won't accept terms anywhere. Anyway, wish me luck, and I'll keep you updated!

May Update

Sunderland 0 - 2 Arsenal (Walcott, Hazard) 2/5/12 We won the league! :)EPL

Wolves 0 - 3 Arsenal (Wilshere(2), Hummels) 5/5/12 That's the domestic treble in the bag. Great cup final display FA Cup Final

Arsenal 3 - 0 Chelsea (Wilshere(2), Song) 13/5/12 Great wat to end the season with a nice vicory against our rivals Chelsea EPL

1st Arsenal 100pts, +86

2nd Chelsea 92pts, +60

3rd Man Utd 80pts, +51

4th Tottenham 71pts, +28

5th Liverpool 68pts, +29

6th Man City 66pts, +21

Very pleased with our overall performances in the league, nice to get to the 100 point marker and acquire a good goal difference. The domestic treble was a great success though I admit having very lucky draws throughout the season.

I wont be surprised if Mancini is sacked, he should be with the players at his disposal and not even managing to qualify for the champions league ;)

English Football player of the year : Hazard, Wilshere then R.V.P

English players player of the year : Gervinho, Rooney then Chicharito.

English Top Goalscorer : R.V.P(32), Odemwingie then Rooney.

English players young player : Bale, Aguero then Mata.

Golden Glove : Chech, Reina then Szczesny.

Manager of the year : Me, AvB then Ferguson.

Vermaelen, Hummels, Hazard, Wilshere, Gervinho and R.V.P all in team of the year.

epic season you had there Hyper. Well done. Now comes the hard part with a lot of your team contracts and potential. I went down the route of a strip out of a few and replaced them.

I play 4 2 ( cm's - 1 bwm , 1 dlp ) 2 inside forwards and 2 str's (1 T and 1 P )

Some times I drop a STr to a DM postion and play 2 DLP's in the middle. I seem to find the attacking options of a 4 2 2 2 so much greater!

My Arsenal Save So Far

After many attempts and restarts i am finally able to start a proper save with my beloved Arsenal. I started with making a decision to buy established players for the first transfer window rather than relying on our current squad.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Gooner1983/ArsenalTransfers_History.png

So in came 2 very experienced PL CB's in Samba and Jagielka alongside Podolski and Hulk. A signing for the future in Henriksen concluded my business for the Summer. Out of the door went 3 of our first team squad which i felt was quite good business.

So now for some results. Well after once again drawing Udinese i felt rather confident of progressing to the group stages of the CL. To my horror this happened in the first leg.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Gooner1983/UdinesevArsenalInformation_Overview.png

A complete shocker but i still felt quietly confident i couldpick up the required 2 goal margin once back at The Emirates. Hmm....

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Gooner1983/ArsenalvUdineseInformation_Overview.png

Quite how the team failed to convert the chances was utterly mind boggling and a result which even at this stage was something that made me nearly give up yet again. I decided i would take the fall and get up and dust myself off ready for what seemed like was going to be a long hard season. The match following our 1-0 win over Udinese was none other than a home North London Derby. A match that i felt could be a perfect game to bounce back in.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Gooner1983/ArsenalvTottenhamInformation_Overview.png

Fantastic!!!! Just what i needed and a result that would give the whole squad a much needed morale boost. Another notable result was an away victory over the then league leaders, Man City.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Gooner1983/ManCityvArsenalInformation_Overview.png

Another very pleasing result and after our shock exit in the CL our form has been excellent.

Whilse it is still very early in the season i couldnt have asked for much more regarding our results in the league.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Gooner1983/EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

Here is my formation and current first XI

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/Gooner1983/ArsenalTactics_Overview.png

Another update will come at the end of the January transfer window.

epic season you had there Hyper. Well done. Now comes the hard part with a lot of your team contracts and potential. I went down the route of a strip out of a few and replaced them.

I play 4 2 ( cm's - 1 bwm , 1 dlp ) 2 inside forwards and 2 str's (1 T and 1 P )

Some times I drop a STr to a DM postion and play 2 DLP's in the middle. I seem to find the attacking options of a 4 2 2 2 so much greater!

Thanks alot Kieran :) Yeah its hard already and Im only just in July.

So far I have singed

Yann M'vila for £8 million, his club were relegated. Had to offer him 91k wages and a massive sign on fee though as both Manchester clubs were in contract talks already. Quite lucky to have got pen to paper with this one I think.

Jack Robinson for £8 million, wanted someone to replace santos/gibbs here. Granted he might not be good enough to play every game at the moment but he has bags of potential.

Carlos Fierro will also be here soon

Brought in a few regens to.

I feel like I should invest in a world class player for more attacking options, I use Chamberlain and Miyaichi for cover but they are certainly not good enough to start, especially not in Europe. Hulk really is starting to appeal to me, anyone else used him, I see Gooner83 has him on the left wing and looks like he's put in a few good performances. I have been blessed with a £90m budget :O

I have so far got rid of Vela, Bendtner, Mertesacker, Wellington Silva, Diaby and Park(he was on loan all last season anyway) Fabianski is also departing with the aim of playing first team football. Looking to bring in Forster for cover.

Thanks alot Kieran :) Yeah its hard already and Im only just in July.

So far I have singed

Yann M'vila for £8 million, his club were relegated. Had to offer him 91k wages and a massive sign on fee though as both Manchester clubs were in contract talks already. Quite lucky to have got pen to paper with this one I think.

Jack Robinson for £8 million, wanted someone to replace santos/gibbs here. Granted he might not be good enough to play every game at the moment but he has bags of potential.

Carlos Fierro will also be here soon

Brought in a few regens to.

I feel like I should invest in a world class player for more attacking options, I use Chamberlain and Miyaichi for cover but they are certainly not good enough to start, especially not in Europe. Hulk really is starting to appeal to me, anyone else used him, I see Gooner83 has him on the left wing and looks like he's put in a few good performances. I have been blessed with a £90m budget :O

I have so far got rid of Vela, Bendtner, Mertesacker, Wellington Silva, Diaby and Park(he was on loan all last season anyway) Fabianski is also departing with the aim of playing first team football. Looking to bring in Forster for cover.

I cant recommend Hulk enough. This is my first time in signing him and he really is a dream. Can play on either wing and up top and manages to put in performances whatever his position.

I cant recommend Hulk enough. This is my first time in signing him and he really is a dream. Can play on either wing and up top and manages to put in performances whatever his position.

I didn't realise he would be any good on the right wing, but I suppose being an inside forward as a left footed player running in from the right could be a good shout. Think I might go for it, he would also be good cover if R.V.P was injured.

RVP when fit is a beast in that role. Don't forget that just with a role will not get him playing. you need to give him space so a DLP in midfield options or play to the target. I get my T whoever it is playing a 7.5 most games easily and that can even be a 0 - 0. t is just a matter of tweaking and trial and error.

Hyper: those signings look good. Chamberlain is a machine if you just play him. Rarely puts a foot wrong for me and even though his stats aren't great he is starting to close out douglas costa ( signed for 10m from shakhtar ). Costa has been the 1st name on my team sheet for 2 years so it is no mean feet. Also willian is a gem and well worth the 10m i spent on him to cover the whole of DM / cm / rm / lm / amr / am / aml. Legend lol

I have just had the pleasure of signing Radja nainggolan to cover Song as he seems below par. Frimpong has had to move on as he just doesn't have the potential to be a world beater and coquelin just seems a medicocre mark noble / freddy guarin /carrick option. I signed an 18 tunisian to cover this but Radja was too good to turn down. Was unsettled @ Wolves and i bid a really low amount and they took it on deadline day. Now just to try for Gylfi who Is at wolves and then no one in the league can catch me lol

I have singed Costa and Willian in a previous game, they were both amazing but I just wanted to take a little different approach. They've both moved on to other clubs in my game.

Ended up buying Hulk for a staggering £36 million pounds (Cheaper than IRL appaprently lol) I will attempt to give Chamberlain the same amount of games as he managed last season for more development so thanks for letting me know that, infact where and how do you play Chamberlain Keiran? I always had him as an inside forward last season.

August Update Season 2

Arsenal 3 - 1 Chelsea (R.V.P, M'vila, Hulk) 12/8/12 Very nice start to the season, loving Hulk out on that right wing already haha ;)Community Shield

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Arsenal (R.V.P, Hazard) 18/8/12 Comfortable result, good start to the league EPL

Arsenal 6 - 0 Q.P.R (Hulk(2), Hazard, Caulker o.g, Gervinho, R.V.P) 25/8/12 Could have been an even bigger result, very pleased none the less :)EPL

Happy with the team, same tactics as last season. Pleased with the new singing's already and hope they can keep up the good team work. Playing some nice football so far. Very early on but encouraging.

Champions league group stage : Arsenal, Shakhtar, Zenit and Lazio. There are easier groups out there, I still expect to qualify top though. Should be some good games in store.

League Cup 3rd round : Away to Liverpool, touch first match for us should be a good game and i plan on fielding a good squad.

how do you have your Treq set up? i try not to manually adjust player instructions because i use shouts. my main issue is i want to keep wilshire at amc adv playmaker as he hit 24 goals/16 odd assists in all comps for me last season but on the other hand im thinking playing a amc is not doing van persie any favours within his role.

I just have a default Treq set up with long shots set to rarely. I dont have R.V.P set up as a treq though. He is set up as a complete forward up front himself with Wilshere behind him as a treq

I just have a default Treq set up with long shots set to rarely. I dont have R.V.P set up as a treq though. He is set up as a complete forward up front himself with Wilshere behind him as a treq

thanks i will give that a go. have you got van persie on support or attack

May I ask you all a quick question?

I am trying to look at a few stats for my Arsenal save but I wanted to see two (slightly random) stats.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do the following?

1) See how many hat tricks someone has scored for you? I ask because Cavani is immense and I think he may have 4 or 5...

2) Compare your wage bill from the current week to a week a year previously? I know you can do it by month and season but as I am midway through the season I am just wondering if I can see how the wage bill compares to this stage of the season the previous year?

Cheers all, very random I know but welcome any help if possible!

Does anyone know how to view this wage comparison?

2020 and I finally won the league.. 1st league title since 2004! So happy! I've won the FA cup 4 times.. shocked I didn't get the sack since then! I had to beg for more time tbf at times.. even finished outside the top 4 twice! :(

On attack, he set up and scored alot of goals for me in the first season.

Are most people using 4231? Or 433/451?

4-2-3-1 almost always, sometimes 4-3-3/4-5-1 depending on personnel, opposition and formations etc too

i think a balanced philosophy is better than a fluid/very fluid, far better shape to it.

i think a balanced philosophy is better than a fluid/very fluid, far better shape to it.

taking on board a lot of helpful advice think i will go with the following

WB - sagna support

WB- gibbs support

DCl- vermaelen BPD stopper

DCR- Mertesacker Cover

AML - Hazard inside foward Attack

AMC - wilshire Trequ attack

AMR walcott Winger attack

SC- R.V.P complete foward attack

Team

control/attacking

fluid. might give balanced a go on llama3 advice

shorter

press more

zonal

more roaming

what do you guys think ?

not sure on man marking or zonal never have been able to get the best defensive record in the prem

taking on board a lot of helpful advice think i will go with the following

WB - sagna support

WB- gibbs support

DCl- vermaelen BPD stopper

DCR- Mertesacker Cover

AML - Hazard inside foward Attack

AMC - wilshire Trequ attack

AMR walcott Winger attack

SC- R.V.P complete foward attack

Team

control/attacking

fluid. might give balanced a go on llama3 advice

shorter

press more

zonal

more roaming

what do you guys think ?

not sure on man marking or zonal never have been able to get the best defensive record in the prem

o

MCL- arteta DLP support

MCR- song BWM defend

thing is mate it depends on what you want to achieve - how you want the team to play

short passing encourages ball retention (if you are trying to play a ball-retaining short passing style - don't use a DLP or BPD), pressing is good, but keep normal levels of discipline to ensure adherance to instructions. zonal marking keeps a better shape and structure.

Jman89 Don't depend on team settings for marking, creativity ect. Use the player instructions to bring the best out out of the specific individual. You don't want someone that has high creativity and good passing set to short passing.

thing is mate it depends on what you want to achieve - how you want the team to play

short passing encourages ball retention (if you are trying to play a ball-retaining short passing style - don't use a DLP or BPD), pressing is good, but keep normal levels of discipline to ensure adherance to instructions. zonal marking keeps a better shape and structure.

i would like my team to be possesion based and the goals coming from teamwork rather then individual efforts. what would you swap the DLP for?

ok my team has been set up in the following manner:

Balanced Philosophy

Standard Strategy

Short Passing

Default Freedom

More Pressing

Default Tackling

Zonal Marking

Drill Crosses

More Roaming

GK - Goalkeeper - Defend

DR - Wing Back - Auto

DL - Wing Back - Auto

DC - Central Defender - Defend

DC - Central Defender - Defend

MC - Central Midfielder - Defend

MC - Central Midfielder - Support

AMR - Inside Forward - Attack

AMC - Advanced Playmaker - Attack

AML - Inside Forward - Attack

STC - Complete Forward - Attack

Shouts generally are "push higher", "retain possession", "play wider/narrower", "pass into space", "play out of defence", "work ball into box" - only use as and when needed - i do not start automatically with shouts.

The central defender roles are more likely to play the ball out, and won't go long like the ball-playing defender and limited defender do. The central midfielder roles are more likely to retain the ball too, whereas a DLP will play long passes - more likely to give the ball away.

I think we all know that would of happened had CApello not dropped him for the last world cup :D

Hyper: I play his as an IF - support on the right or depending or their set - up I will play as winger attack. It will vary what he is up against as to what I do. A slow coach that is 1 foot dependent - then If all the way. A fast player then I always send Ox on a wing as he can have more affect @ the by-line. I have 3 versions of my tactic plus a seperate one. just with tweaks as to what I play against. i'm probably one of the few on here that adjust each game and don't stay 100%. My Left side is always If - support with Hazard or Costa as they have the both feet and destructablity who ever they are against to trick inside and play a short through ball to my poacher who 8 - 10 scores from it.