Sports Interactive Community
llama3

FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

ahh di salvo ... ex man utd and real madrid coach .. he's brilliant .. get him with every top team i have.. although not as an ass man

I was short of options and tbh didnt think of keown. May look @ bergkamp. I keep telling pires to become a coach but he won't answer!!!!

Have a slight dilemma on my hands. Almost at the end of the transfer window in summer 2012 and I've sold or loaned out a lot of fringe players, thinking about making a big signing upfront in case Van Persie has another injury plagued season for me.

I've had offers accepted for Fernando Llorente and Edinson Cavani and successfully negotiated contracts with them. However whichever player I brought in would be coming in with a wage in excess of £90,000 a week and some huge bonuses, exceeding those of our current highest earner Van Persie.

Can't quite decide if I'll go through with one of the deals, or save the funds and keep scouting for more youth talent.

go for a more back-up type. Olivier Giroud maybe?

Cheers for the reply. :thup:

After a bit of humming and hawing I decided to cancel both deals in the end. Instead brought in another couple of youngsters plus I added Esteban Granero from Real Madrid for a relatively cheap £3million and then finished off by signing former Madrid legend Raul from Schalke.

His physical attributes have deteriorated quite a bit, but his technical and mental attributes are still fantastic and hopefully we can keep him going for a couple seasons to tutor some of the emerging players. Currently have him working with Chamberlain. He scored on his debut in the league too ;)

I'm going to cross over to the dark side and try my luck with an Arsenal save until the new patch comes out. I'm sure this has been answered several times, but is there a consensus formation to start the first season with (assuming I use the players already at the team)? And is there any position that really needs improvement from the start, or is the team good enough for the first season? I'm not a fan of making major changes in the first season unless I have to. Cheers.

I'm going to cross over to the dark side and try my luck with an Arsenal save until the new patch comes out. I'm sure this has been answered several times, but is there a consensus formation to start the first season with (assuming I use the players already at the team)? And is there any position that really needs improvement from the start, or is the team good enough for the first season? I'm not a fan of making major changes in the first season unless I have to. Cheers.

My personal opinion is that the left wing needs a player who is natural there, as opposed to gervinho or somebody else filling In, and getting a backup right back for sagna, as jenkinson is not very good, rest of the areas are quite strong. And maybe a new goalie If your wanting an Instant great goalie, Scznesny was excellent for me from the get go however. And a few youth signings for the future ;)

My personal opinion is that the left wing needs a player who is natural there, as opposed to gervinho or somebody else filling In, and getting a backup right back for sagna, as jenkinson is not very good, rest of the areas are quite strong. And maybe a new goalie If your wanting an Instant great goalie, Scznesny was excellent for me from the get go however. And a few youth signings for the future ;)

Well you can't go wrong with Vrsaljko as backup to Sagna. Thinking about bringing in Muniain to play left wing, and Doumbia to backup RVP. That will likely be the extent of my purchases for the first window.

heh, you have actually made me start another Arsenal save :D

sold nobody other than Almunia and Fabianski, brought In a young brazilian keeper called Branescu on loan with a future fee of 2 million If I want him, and also signed Jese from Real Madrid (again) on loan with a 1.2 million sign on fee. And to solve the left wing problem, trochowski shall do for now. And Pires on a free to top all of it off

right back would prolly be the first and only thing to look at before forming your own opinion of the players, and what you need to implement your own style

I think the squad is best suited to play a somewhat passing based 4-5-1/4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, also since you have one of the fastest squads in the leauge its probably good to sit deep and lure oposing teams forward

Hi

Got a few problems in my First season (January transfer window)

Ive had great success with Arshavin playing in the amc role but his contract is expiring at the end of the season and he wants around 90k-100k a week and a lot more addons.

At first I thought I would offload him but he is playing so well at present but I do have plenty of players who can play that role such as Wilshire when back from injury as well as Eriksson and Arteta , should I just run his contract down and let him go on a free?

Also Ive lost Song ,Gervinho and Kwadwo Asamoah to African nations which leaves me with no dm's apart from the young Coquelin and Frimpong , should I make do or bring in a loan , if so who?

cheers

Both of those are more than capable enough to deputise mate, don't plunge into the market as they would both benefit from 1st team football as well. I play them as a BWM defensive and can't go wrong. Regarding Arshavin, there is better for far less on the game. He can be good but never great. On your save you are lucky with his form he dipped on mine so I flogged for £10mil. If he has been as good as you say, I would offer out around £12mil and see what comes about. you have erikssen and if your a worried go for Gylfi Sigurddson ( spelling ) he is a worthy addition. Alternatively , both Douglas costa and Willian could play there and excell. Personally for me Ramsey and Wilshere are good enough and will only improve and the wages you save on arshavin could be spent on Free transfers in the summer or on that audatious bid for Hazaard that we all go for ^^

cheers, could sell Arshavin now and make some money , but would that not give a bad impression on the squad ? , maybe I will ship on a free at end of season.

Not at all, He is last year of contract and get what you can for him, HE won't earn you the title on his own and you will benefit from £10mil more than half of a season more from him ^*

I won't be able to sell Arshavin in transfer window as he is out injured for me :(

2011/12 - Season update - Race to the Finish

As posted above March was quite a rough month for us, with a slight dip in form coupled to a very bad run in terms of injuries. Both 1st team right backs and Alex Song had already been out for sometime (Uchida & Song recovered to play some part in the run in, but Sagna was only able to play again on the final day of the season) and in the space of a couple of weeks they were joined by Robin Van Persie, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Salvatore Bocchetti, Thomas Vermaelen and Roberto Canella. Early in April we also lost Wojciech Szczesny, Gervinho and Kieran Gibbs.

Fortunately the injuries to Vermaelen and Sigurdsson weren't too severe, and both were back playing by the end of March, Bocchetti, like Sagna only returned for the final day. Van Persie, Gervinho, Gibbs and Szczesny all missed the rest of the season. The biggest disruption came in Europe, where due to the ineligibility of Cissokho and Uchida (when he returned) I was forced to pick some fairly makeshift backlines.

Fortunately some of the deputising players really stepped up when called on, with the likes of Fabianski and Rosicky turning in some good performances, Djourou and Koscielny playing well when forced to play as makeshift fullbacks on a couple of occasions and Jack Wilshere playing his way into some good form after his long absence (and his flexibility proved vital as he had to play at MC, AMC, AMR and AML at various points to help).

The Results

arsenalfixturesfixtures.png

The defeat at Man City actually dropped us down to third in the table but we were able to bounce back with excellent wins over Marseille to qualify for the Champs League quarter finals and then smashed Newcastle to go back up to second place. The late, late away win at Liverpool proved vital, as both Manchester clubs dropped points that week in draws. A MoM performance from Jack Wilshere was at the heart of it, scoring our opening goal and then creating the winner in the 92nd minute. The goal should really have been credited to him I think, it went down as a Skrtel o.g., but all he did was get a slight touch on a Wilshere shot that he'd already slid under Reina and it was on the way over the line.

We drew Man Utd in the Quarter Finals, which wasn't a fixture I was relishing considering the form of the red hot Javier Hernandez and the state of my patched up back four. Obviously I was right to worry as Utd cruised to a 2-0 half time lead, and probably should have scored more. I decided to take a gamble in the 2nd half and replaced a dissapointing Moussa Sow with Theo Walcott, and brought on Gylfi Sigurdsson for Jali. Sigurdsson was a risk as he had only just reutrned to training and wasn't back to full fitness.

His arrival did make a difference though, his first involvement was to set Theo free down the flank and in for a one on one chance that he fluffed. Minutes later he got us back in the game with an absolute peach of a curling free kick after Johnny Evans had upended Theo. Nani scored Utd's third when he cut in past young Eastmond who was having to play at right back, however the majority of pressure by this time was ours as Gylfi was dictating the game. On the 85th minute wegrabbed a second when he played a perfect through ball to Walcott who didn't make any mistake this time. We might have gone on to grab an equaliser that had looked very unlikely in the first half, but Djourou got himself sent off for a professional foul on Hernandez and in the 4th minute of injury time Evans took advantage of his absence at a Utd corner to score their 4th.

Those 2 away goals though proved to be the turning point, in the return match at the Emirates a now fully fit Gylfi Sigurdsson absolutely dominated the match, scoring a hattrick as he secured a 3-1 win for us and winning the tie on away goals. He opened the scoring with yet another freekick goal, then blasted home a penalty at the start of the second half (Nani backtracking and tripping Wilshere as he was about to score), but he saved the best for last as he scored his third with a 30 yard screamer into the top corner.

In the league that result helped us go on a good run of form at just the right time. Moussa Sow, who'd been dropped for a couple of games after some poor performances, returned against Stoke and went on a nice burst of scoring including a very nice hatttrick against Wolves (2 assists from Gylfi, 1 from Jack). That run of form combined with a feisty 2-2 draw between the Manchester clubs meant we only needed a point against Bolton to secure the title. We duly secured the point...but only just and it required another late contribution from Wilshere to avoid defeat and giving City hopes of a last day miracle.

In Europe our injury problems were a little too much to overcome against the Real Madrid steamroller. They were able to field arguably their strongest squad in both legs, and our patched up backline just couldn't quite cope with them, especially with the sheer pace of their frontline and wide men. I wasn't too despondent about losing out in the Semi-Finals as it meant we'd at the very least met expectations for the competition, and the scoreline at the Emirates rather flattered them considering the performances.

Our final game of the season was against a now very deflated Man Utd, and we ran out surprisingly easy winners in the end with Utd only managing a rather token 4 shots throughout the match, all from long range and only one on target.

Final League Table

englishpremierdivisiono.png

Our defence wasn't quite as tight as either Utd's or City's but it was close, and we managed to outscore both. Considering none of our strikers got close to topping the league scoring charts, I was very happy with the volume of goals contributed from the rest of the squad.

Season Summary

englandoverviewseasonsu.png

Awards

englandoverviewseasonsu.png

We had several excellent performers over the course of the season, Wjciech Szczesny keeping enough cleansheets before his injury to win the Golden Glove award, and be selected as the GK for the Premier League Team of the Year. He was joined in the select 11 by, Young Player of the Year, Theo Walcott and Salvatore Bocchetti who had a very impressive first season at the heart of our defence. Moussa Sow might not have won any of the awards, but he also enjoyed a productive debut, scoring 30 goals in all competitions and making 10 assists in his 51 appearances.

Obviously there was no doubting the star of the season for us, winning Footballer of the Year on his first year in English football and also topping the league charts in terms of assists and average rating was Gylfi Sigurdsson. Finishing the campaign with an incredible 24 goals and 29 assists in all competitions, from 47 appearances, his impact was massive and I can only hope he keeps up a similar level of performance in seasons to come.

Looking Ahead

My main aim next season is obviously to try and retain the league title if I can, though going by their transfer moves already Man City are going to be hard to stop. I'd like to try and add some other silverware from one of the domestic cups or possibly Europe, though that might depend on a little more luck on the injury front.

Transfer wise I'm not looking to bring many in. Possibly another striker in case Robin Van Persie has another heavily disrupted season, I already have Martin Montoya arriving on a free from Barcelona to add an extra option at right back.

Most of the activity will likely be outbound, with some players allowed to leave when their contract ends and hopefully some of the fringe/reserve players moved on. Although we're quite a ways below our wage budget I'd still like to get some of the bodies in the reserves off our books, and replaced by some of the potential youth signings the scouts have identified. The likes of Bendtner, Squillaci and Andre Santos among others are players I will try and cash in on. With some savings made there, hopefully it will provide some extra wriggle space when it comes to extending the contracts of players like Vermaelen, Song and Van Persie who are all entering the final year of their current contracts.

Great season there mate. Very nicely done.

I have been unsure about Sigurdsson for a while as I am playing Wilshere and Hamsik in the AMC role but everyone seems to have brilliant success with him so maybe I will haave to think again there...

guys, I need to replace Pat Rice.. any suggestions?

I got Sidnei Lobo in. Amazing stats and has been great.

Doesn't even want mega wages, I cannot recommend him highly enough

Great season there mate. Very nicely done.

I have been unsure about Sigurdsson for a while as I am playing Wilshere and Hamsik in the AMC role but everyone seems to have brilliant success with him so maybe I will haave to think again there...

Cheers

I would highly recommend Super Siggy, he's been worth it for me just for the damage he did to Man Utd, 6 goals against them in 4 games :thup: He can develop a bit as well, so he makes for a bit of a bargain if you snap him up first season.

Having said that you've already got yourself Marek Hamsik, so you're not exactly lacking for midfield talent there. :D

2012/13 Season Update

Summer 2012 ended up being a fairly hectic transfer window with 13 players coming in and 20 or so leaving the club (some permanently, several on loan). The majority of the new arrivals are youth signings that the scouting network hard recommended and it'll probably be 2 or 3 seasons before any of them break through to the squad.

There were a few new faces for the 1st team squad, along with some of the players who were loaned out last season (the likes of Bartley, Coquelin and Lansbury) they'll add some extra depth to the squad and allow a little more rotation.

Transfers In

Agustin Torossa: - Argentine striker, offered to us at the end of the previous season for £300,000. Snapped him up as he has decent finishing, composure and pace. Will only ever be a back up to the main strikers, but a useful option to have in case there's any bad run of injuries. Has Italian nationality too, so no work permit needed.

Martin Montoya:- Spanish right back. Offered him a contract during last season after he turned down the latest offer from Barcelona, arrived on a free on the 1st of July. Potentially very good according to the coaches and currently have him being tutored by Sagna.

Romain Humbert:- 17 year old French goalkeeper, signed from Lyon for £1.7 million. Originally meant for the youth team but, as Mannone and Fabianski had both demanded transfers, I've kept him in the 1st team squad and he's played well in the couple cup appearances he's made so far.

Raul:- No introduction needed really. Signed from Schalke for £1.9 million to provide some tutoring for the developing strikers/attacking midfielders in the team. Still has some fantastic attributes and scored on his debut.

Esteban Granero:- Attacking midfielder, signed on the last day of the transfer window from Real Madrid for £3 million. Preferred position is AMC, but I've been using him at AMR as he's a very useful crosser of the ball.

There were another 8 youngsters signed and I might stick up some screenshots of the best of them, but Ajax must be pretty sick as we've nicked their best two midfield talents from their youth squad.

Transfers Out

arsenaltransfershistoryx.png

Quite a long list and couldn't be bothered writing it out. Missing from the top is Rosicky who also left the club when his contract ended. The Squillaci deal was strange as I'd offered him out for about half that price back in January and got precisely zilch interest. The majority of the fees for Santos, Vela and Denilson will be arriving over 36 or 48 months but I was happy enough to get something for them, and get their wages off the books. The deals for Park, Bendtner and Diaby all include future fees to make the deals permanent, but I don't think there's much chance of those going through as both Park and Diaby had similar deals last season but ended up turning the deals down when push came to shove.

Results so far

We've made a very solid start to the season, winning 11 of our first 12 league matches and securing qualification to the knockout stages in Europe by winning the first four matches in our group. (We were handed a relatively easy draw against Sporting, Fenerbahce and Panathinaikos...at least compared to some of the other English teams). We've also made it through the first two rounds in the League Cup whilst resting many of the regulars and playing some of the fringe players, meaning I've usually had the luxury of fielding my strongest team at full condition in the big games so far. Along with the rotation in players we've also been changing tactics more often, switching from the 4-2-3-1 I used heavily last season to an attacking 4-4-2 at times and 4-5-1 formation which we used away at Man Utd and Chelsea to restrict their attacking movement. (They created 0 CCCs between them in the two games, so seems to work)

However it wouldn't be Arsenal if I didn't have some bad luck on the injury front I suppose. So far Robin Van Persie has been restricted to only 2 subs appearances after missing the opening four weeks of the league season with a hernia. He returned to full training at the start of October and was then duly injured on international duty with Holland :rolleyes:

Jack Wilshere started the season in great form, picking up where he'd left off at the end of the previous one but unfortunately he tore a hamstring in the 2-1 win over Bolton and is out for 8 weeks or so.

Going to star a new save with Arsenal. REad a lot of the thread so I picked up some advices from you guys! Gonna post some results as the season goes by!!!!!

Going to star a new save with Arsenal. REad a lot of the thread so I picked up some advices from you guys! Gonna post some results as the season goes by!!!!!

welcome to the thread mate, let us know how you get on

Have to say love Vermaelen and his agent. Got round to offering new deals to the players who were going to be out of contract at the end of the season and TV effectively requested a paycut!

He was on £40k a week and when I opened contract talks his agent asked for £37.5k.....happy days :D The rest all asked for higher wages, but nothing too extreme thankfully.

Just bought some players for my team, and sold some:

In:

Cavani - 36.5m

Bandalovski - 150k

Willian - 7.5m

Ruben Y. Jenssen - 4m

Fernandinho - 17.5m

Out:

Arshavin - 7.5m

Chamakh - 10m

Almunia - 2.7m.

And I still have 20 million to spend. trying sanogo for the future.

Playing a 4-3-3(4-1-2-2-1).

2012/13 - Season Update - November and December

November and December went as well for us as could be humanly expected really. We managed to come away with wins in a couple of crucial matches despite not performing at our best. We were largely awful against Man City and should have been hammered, Szczesny and Vermaelen putting in heroic showings to keep us in the game while Granero scored with lovely freekick on one of our few more extended visits to the Man city half. The poor performance was probably not helped by my taking the squad rotation a little too far and making a whole host of changes from 2 very good home wins.

We were almost as poor away at Spurs, at least for the first 60 minutes and went 1-0 down on 51 minutes to a rather scrappy Sandro goal. However some tactical rejigging seemed to help and Gylfi found his mojo for the last 25 minutes scoring the equaliser from the edge of the area before putting Sow through on goal for Gomes to spill his shot into the net.

The most pleasing factor so far (apart from having a healthy lead in the title race obviously) has been the form of some of the youngsters who've been getting some more chances this season. Kyle Bartley has been very impressive with an average rating of 7.56 from his 10 games so far and has been making key tackles and large numbers of interceptions in every game. Alex Chamberlain has been showing some very twinkly footed skills in the last few games, scoring 2 very nice solo efforts against Liverpool and West Ham.

Player of the season so far though has been Salvatore Bocchetti who has been an absolute rock at the heart of the defence with an average rating of 7.81 from 23 games, he's helped us to keep by far the tightest defensive record in the league so far and would probably be the biggest loss to us right now if he were to get injured.

With a healthy lead as it stands and some of the fringe players performing well when called on I think we're in a better position to cope the demands of the fixture list in January/February. Even if we have the kind of injury crisis in March that we did last season I think we're well enough covered and have enough of a points cushion to retain the league (fingers crossed I haven't just cued an epic collapse!!)

With the likes of Sagna, Song, Walcott, Vermaelen and Van Persie all having agreed new contracts, I'm not intending to bring any players in during the January window. There may be one or two heading out as Arteta and Fabianski aren't entirely happy, but I'd prefer to hold on to them at least until the end of the season.

The Future?

Of the large number of youth signings who came in during the summer, these lads are the highest rated prospects by our scouting and coaching staff. Couple of them are still a little young as yet for the 1st team squad.

lucamurellioverviewattr.png

Murelli was highly recommended during the summer by Sandro Orlandelli and as he hadn't signed a contract yet I decided to offer him one and the fee was set at £2.3 million. Mauro Tassotti has rated him with 4.5 stars for potential so he might possibly be even better than the first scout reports suggested.

nielsvanooijenoverviewa.png

Spotted this lad by accident when I was taking a look at another Ajax youngster we'd scouted. Decided to take a punt on both of them. The other player Thijs van der Veen is slightly older and I've promoted him to the 1st team squad to get some experience, but the coaches rate van Ooijen as having greater potential. Hopefully £1.5 million should prove to be a bargain for him.

leonkosteroverviewattri.png

This is the player that got the highest recommendation from scouting staff, with Jurgen Kost claiming he should be a 'definite purchase'. Has some great technicals already, and look forward to having another freekick maestro to follow Sigurdsson. His determination is a bit of a worry and Tassotti has raised concerns about him being a lethargic player but I'm hoping some tutoring from the likes of Raul and training focus on his quickness and strength will go some way to dealing with those worries.

Starting an Arsenal Save today this is my possibly team that im thinking playing a 4 2 3 1

GK: Wojciech Szczesny, Lukas Fabianski.

RB: Bakary Sagna Wing back Attacking, Carl Jenkinson.

CB:Vermaelen (stopper, defend)

CB: Mertesacker (cover, defend).

LB: Andre Santos9 attacking wing back,Kieran Gibbs,

CM: Arteta (deep-lying playmaker, support),Diaby,

CM: DCM: Song (ball winner, defend) Or New Player When i buy one,Emmanuel Frimpong,Francis Coquelin

RW: Walcott (Winger , attack)

AM: Arshavin (trequartista, attack) Until i buy a new player

LW: Gervinho (inside forward, attack)Rosicky,

ST: van Persie (advanced forward, attack)Chamakh, Park

my other formation for cup games and away games will be a 4 4 2 diamond formation will be doing cups like Wenger playing the kids buts hopefully later stages bring the bigger name in.

Koscielny is a better player than Mertesacker. You seem to have forgotten about Ramsey too.

So this is my champions league group i Got CSKA Moscow Napoli Olympiacos fairly tough group i think should be ok i think.

not a bad group, just keep cavani close by - he murdered my back line with a couple in my game away. i won but he was so fricking good.!

So this is my champions league group i Got CSKA Moscow Napoli Olympiacos fairly tough group i think should be ok i think.

i just barely got through my group with valencia, leverkusen and trabzonspor - a lot of draws made it very difficult for me!

I got fairly lucky with my group of Panathinaikos, Fenerbahce and Sporting especially as Sporting were decimated by injuries when we played them.

On a different note any of the thread regulars have any idea how to get the best out of Chamberlain in his training and development? He's made 22 appearances so far for me by March and played pretty well, but his attributes hardly seem to be improving at all certainly not at the rate of a couple of the other youngsters and regens in the squad.

Another season and I'll be approaching my 1000th game :D

Congrats :applause: Takes me weeks just to reach 100 games in charge of a club on FM :p

What season are you in?

Get Arshavin to tutor Chamberlain - worked a treat for me
Arteta or Rosicky would probably both be better for this then Arshavin

2012/13 - Season Update - January to March

well...a little bit into March to be accurate.

Despite a good run of results we weren't at our best in a lot of these fixtures and really had to struggle to get something from several of the games. We had to rely on late Gylfi Sigurdsson freekicks to get us undeserved wins over Wigan in the league and Blackpool in the FA Cup. Vermaelen scored both goals in a game of few chances when we drew 1-1 away at Newcastle. Jack Wilshere popped up to rescue a point for us at Bolton and Everton, scoring in the last 5 minutes of both gamesanda 30 yard screamer from Andile Jali was needed to break West Brom's resistance.

The 4-1 win over Chelsea rather flattered us as it was 1-1 nearing the half time break and Chelsea were definitely on top, but then Ryan Bertrand got himself sent off right before the half time whistle (a two footed lunge on Granero that ended up putting him out for several weeks). After the break Chelsea tried to shut up shop and it took us until the 82nd minute to make the breakthrough...once we did though we managed to grab another couple in quick succession.

In the cups the youngsters and back up players have done well for me so far. After almost losing it in the Quarter Final against Everton where we needed a penalty shootout we made it to the final of the League Cup for the second season in a row. I kept up with the policy of resting key players for Cup games and our lineup for the final included a 17yo reserve keeper, Gibbs at left back, Francis Coquelin and an 18yo Dutch regen at the heart of midfield. The only 1st team regular who started was Gervinho who needed some match fitness.

I was a little worried that we'd end up throwing away this chance of silverware like we had against Swansea last season, and doubly worried as a couple of weeks previously Bolton had been unlucky to draw with us and had almost bullied our midfield out of the game. However the young midfield didn't let me down and despite going down 1-0 they bounced back to lead 3-1 at halftime, and spent the second half controlling the game easily. Probably should have had more reward that Gervinho's goal on 69 minutes to show for their efforts.

Results so far mean we've got a very healthy lead in the league over closest rivals Man City and there's a chance that (if results go our way) that when we play them in April the title race will be pretty much over.

They've been pretty poor overall for a team that spent another £119 million this season and added Luka Modric, Angel Di Maria, Nicolas Otamendi, Jan Vertonghen and Eden Hazard to the squad they already had. :eek: I was especially annoyed about missing out on Di Maria as I had been looking at him, but managed to miss the news that Real Madrid transfer listed him for £15 million.

Arteta or Rosicky would probably both be better for this then Arshavin

i have done it, and it worked far better with arshavin than rosicky - i must stress the improvement in chamberlain was magnificent when tutored by arshavin

i have done it, and it worked far better with arshavin than rosicky - i must stress the improvement in chamberlain was magnificent when tutored by arshavin

unfortunately I sold Arshavin in 1st season :(

Ah well, I'll try having him tutored by RVP perhaps.

Started with Arsenal today. Got a few signings in mind but I don't tend to make major changes to the squad in the first season as I give the players a season to impress. Any tips you guys have? Will be looking to get Chamberlain as recommended above, hopefully he can feature in the first season.

Also, so many scouts!

Congrats :applause: Takes me weeks just to reach 100 games in charge of a club on FM :p

What season are you in?

about to be In 2026

I'm the last person on the legends list, Tevez being the only other new addition

will post a screenie in a second

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Carmi88/screenshot/523778349391995631/?

Pretty good company you're in there. :thup:

Don't think I've made it that far into a save in years, takes me way too long to play each season, and of course I keep mucking about with other saves at same time.

After reading this thread I decided to start a save with the I support and join you guys in here, I've supported Arsenal since I was born as there has always been season tickets in our family. I haven't managed with Arsenal over the last few FM's so I decided now is a good time to have a go with them.

Here's how I've decided to start my save.

Everyone knows over recent years that Arsenal's form has dipped, we've lost two of our best players in Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri and haven't replaced them but previous to last summer we've moved stadium and maintained our top four position. Something that has to be praised. Obviously I take over the reigns at the start of this season so Andre Santos, Per Mertesacker, Mikel Arteta, Park Chu-Young and the like are all new signings, signings that I may or may not agree with.

One problem I have with the side is that we seem to have alot of players that are on high wage contracts, also they are mostly players that are on the fringe of the squad, over the next few years I'll be trying to sell those players and replace them with players that will suit my tactic and be more affordable. Value for money is the key, I'll be having a wage structure that unlike Wenger, I'll be willing to break to keep the likes of Robin van Persie. I mentioned my tactic, I'll be using a 4-3-3 formation (GK, DR, CB, CB, DL, DMC, DMC, MC, AMR, AML, ST) in order to keep the ball. I'll be looking for a high possession tactic, if we have the ball the other team can't score. There is alot of passing in my tactic, we tend to have around 65-70% possession in most matches and my two DMC's usually hit over 100 passes. Also, in a interesting turn of events I've turned Song into a centre back.

Taking those points into account, here are my deals from before the season started.

TRANSFERS OUT

Manuel Almunia - £1,000,000 - £38k p/w

Yossi Benayoun - Terminated loan - £65k p/w

Andrei Arshavin - £8,000,000 - £85k p/w

Marouane Chamakh - £9,000,000 - £50k p/w

TRANSFERS IN

Javi Martinez - £16,500,000 - £45k p/w

Gylfi Sigurdsson - £9,500,000 - £24.5k p/w

Xherdan Shaqiri - £10,000,000 - £25k p/w

Timo Hildebrand - £0 - £20k p/w

Willian - £8,000,000 - £35k p/w

CHANGE OF CONTRACT

Rosicky - £45k p/w to £25k p/w - mainly now based on bonuses

HERE ARE A FEW IDEAS I HAVE FOR MY SAVE;

• High player interaction, including high praise and criticism, this includes alot of reaction to the last match played & recommendations for signings.

• High manager interaction. I want to see how this effects in game, for instance I want to praise Bielsa because he's a hero. How will he react to me?

• I have set individual training settings for each players under 26.

• Having loaded all players from South America and Africa for this save I'd like to create a scouting network to pick up the best young players from those countries.

• Having said that, I'd prefer to utilise British youth players where possible, if they are through my own academy then that's obviously going to be better.

• Another thing I'd like to implement is having my players stay on as long as possible before retiring, either for me to make use of their tutoring skills or to have them become one of my staff.

• Hold a weekly backroom meeting.

• Have a 100% attendance record at press conferences.

• I want to make the most of tutoring, ideally having five or six players tutoring/being tutored at once.

i do all my conferences and interactions... it becomes second nature after a while to do it in a few clicks :)