Sports Interactive Community
llama3

FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

I know I was shocked! Gylfi Sigurdsson has been by far the best player I've managed on FM12 thus far, he is an absolute beast in the AMC role. It took a year of courting and praising him, and a bid of £18.25M from Wolves (who paid £4m, tossers) but it's been worth it.

17 (8) Apps in all comps..

16 goals, 25 assists, 8 MoM, no cards, and an 8.06 rating. I love him.

I know I was shocked! Gylfi Sigurdsson has been by far the best player I've managed on FM12 thus far, he is an absolute beast in the AMC role. It took a year of courting and praising him, and a bid of £18.25M from Wolves (who paid £4m, tossers) but it's been worth it.

17 (8) Apps in all comps..

16 goals, 25 assists, 8 MoM, no cards, and an 8.06 rating. I love him.

excellent work really!

Deejay is Boyata worth it? Nice score though and have you got a screenie of Sigu at all?

Sorry to keep posting guys but im getting into this save and enjoying it so here is the 1st update.

After a sloppy start as all of you no doubt saw earlier I am now up to the dizzy heights of 4th.

januarytable.png

The results are now slowly churning out, I still have the problem of not knowing who will score but I now know I will score so i'm not too fussed.

januaryfixturesupdate.png

My tweaked tactic that now works wonders - I simply change from standard to attacking and change my BWM to a Centre mid support depending on who plays there. I have found Young plays okay in the Treqs role when Persie out.

tactic2011.png

Some Interesting Transfers

jantransfers.png

As you can see I did a bit of work in January and recouped more money than I thought I would. I sent Diaby on loan to mainly see if he can perform before signing a centre mid. Sakho came in as a younger and better mertesacker type player. Koscielny has kept him out so far and may still do so. Djouoru has been a great decision @ right back so I haven't dipped yet. I picked up Pires as a tutor and I got a 300k sales boost so Im not sniffing @ that lol!

Erikksen from Rosenborg is avail for 5mil, so I am tempted

2 Questions really - 1. Strikers okay? do I need to dip into Cavani?

2. Right back? shall I stick with what I have.

Sorry to double post but I dont know how else to show this part

squadjanuary.png

Still some work to being invincibles but the average rating is up by nearly .5 for all my 1st team since my last post

Sorry to double post but I dont know how else to show this part

squadjanuary.png

Still some work to being invincibles but the average rating is up by nearly .5 for all my 1st team since my last post

Your squad looks massive, nice signings though.

As for Boyata - I am trying to keep it the 'Arsenal way', with mostly cheap signings and youth. I chose him because he had good reports, has high stats in the right places, and I got him for £4.5M. He has been a rock, I had a bit of a crisis at the back and he never let me down once. He's had a 7.61 rating over 10 games thus far, and scored 5 goals (3 in 1 pre season game lol). In my eyes he suits my system better than Mertesacker did, is on quarter of the wages and out performs him all day long.

As for Gylfi -

gylfi.png

Highly recommended.

Edit: I've just noticed I am 32 games unbeaten in the league, Man Utd set the record at 52 between 2012-2013, my new target!

Gylfi looks immense. Won't break bank though.

A lot of those players aren't in my 1st team yet, I just showed people that have appeared in the team or cup games etc.

I have to brag as this is my best moment to date. I shouted sooooooo much when we went 2 - 1 up I just woke my son up and got told off by the wife HA!

winofyear.png

Finally got some free time, so have started a save. I for the 1st time 'cheated' and changed a few things in the DB; Changed Malaga's sugar daddy to foreground, added RVP's 1 match Euro ban and K. Toure's ban until 2nd of September.

Started with the transfer window closed, although I wish there was an option to prevent free transfers too. Played 5 league games so far and have 5 wins(including a 2-1 over the spuds), made it through to the group stage of the Champions league, managed to ease past Udinese and just dumped Liverpool out of the Carling Cup. Aside from that nothing much to report aside from RVP breaking Park's ankle in training!

completely disagree, got plenty of quality and potential. you aren't 1 of those "if his PA isn't 180+ he is no good" people are you? his potential is plenty enough to make him very consistent and skilful

No I'm not but Coquelin has much higher potential and improves quicker in game. In real life I'm a fan of both but I don't think Frimpong is good enough in FM to challenge either Coquelin or Song in the future. Hence with the large number of players he has I would sell Frimpong.

Quick question - I assume it is pretty standard that Pat Rice retires after the first season?

Who did everyone appoint as his successor? I was talking to David Platt at City but for some reason he would only come as a coach so I am still looking. Although, Keown's stats look good and I quite like the symbolism of that one...

Welcome any thoughts??!!

quality thread guys, haven't read through all of yet but i will as i'm sure most of my questions will be answered in there sumwhere.

i'm just past janurary of my first ever season and things seem to going well, i'm using a mix of magick's tactics his attack 4231 for the last game and his standard phoenix 4231 for this years game and all is going great. well apart from my last game where i got put out by chelsea in the league cup semi finals but i'm not to bothered about that as stuck to the arsene method for the league cup playing the kids(subs in my case), chamberlin is allready looking good and him and jenkinson took cole to pieces over the two legs which was nice. lost the tie after torres nicked a 94th min winner in the first leg at the bridge.

i'm just wondering if many of you guys have bought di maria as i have him on loan with a future fee of 14.25m and i'm wondering if he's worth it or is there better left footed wingers out there, as my scouts are not rating anyone better than arshavin........or should i buy in another striker and move RVP to amr?

p.s. i can't wait untill jack is fit, i plan on playing him amr for the rest of the season then move him into mcl to replace arteta as my main play maker.

@ron, a few pages back a few guys said that the either went for keown or bould

Di maria is an excellent purchase ;)

I just agreed to resign a 31 year old hazard on a free :D

Di maria is an excellent purchase ;)

I just agreed to resign a 31 year old hazard on a free :D

thanks for the quick response, you must be another late night gamer!

my game speed is so slow...in the 5 games i've managed to play in the last 2hours, Di Maria has looked class, he's gotten 4 in 5, 1 asst and 2 mom all be it two of those games where against watford and Q.P.R and he also seems to have brought another level to arshavin. He got a hattrick agaisnt fulham and seems to have upped his game.

my results where

watford (a) 2-0 di maria 2

man city (a) 2-1 RVP 1 Theo 1

newcastle (h) 3-0 RVP 2 AA 1

fulham (h) 4-1 AA 3 ramsey 1

Q.P.R (a) 3-0 di maria 2 AA 1

If you are looking for solid wing play alongside DI maria then have a peek @ Willian, he is great for me. I play Myiachi as well as the more games he gets his stats jump so much its scary!

Correct !!!

I have to share this by the way, Only you guys will truly appreciate this!

leg1w.png

After the 1st game I realised we played well but with 2 strikers ronaldo and the like had way too much time on the ball in the central areas. I changed to having the flat 3 in midfield with 2 deep lying playmakers and well !!

leg2.png

im on cloud nine! absolute buzz!!!

If you are looking for solid wing play alongside DI maria then have a peek @ Willian, he is great for me. I play Myiachi as well as the more games he gets his stats jump so much its scary!
Willian and Douglas Costa are two of the best players on the game and have both been very good for me

thanks guys, how good does myiachi get? id never heard of him when i started the game but i had been fending bids of 5-7m off from man city and man utd, so i figured he must be something good and sent him on loan to lorient(sp) for the season.

i could have so many options on the wings without even buying any players as i intend to play vela next year. so that would give me wallcott, gervinho, arshavin, chamberlin, myiachi, vela and ill add to that with atleast one other player. 7players for 2positions is probably a bit much.......but meh and wallcott, gervinho and vela will double up as 3rd-5th choice strikers.

p.s. that's a great result agaisnt real!!!

thanks guys, how good does myiachi get? id never heard of him when i started the game but i had been fending bids of 5-7m off from man city and man utd, so i figured he must be something good and sent him on loan to lorient(sp) for the season.

i could have so many options on the wings without even buying any players as i intend to play vela next year. so that would give me wallcott, gervinho, arshavin, chamberlin, myiachi, vela and ill add to that with atleast one other player. 7players for 2positions is probably a bit much.......but meh and wallcott, gervinho and vela will double up as 3rd-5th choice strikers.

p.s. that's a great result agaisnt real!!!

How good Myiachi gets can depend on your save but the general consensus is that he doesn't get world class but can become a decent rotation or backup player. I'd probably except a 7mil offer for him personally as it's not that difficult to get a world class prospect on the wing for around 15mil so 7mil would get you half way there probably. You also seem to have enough players for the position already so no real reason to keep him around unless you think you can get a larger fee by waiting a bit.

He might be better on your save tho so just make up your own mind based on what your backroom and his performances on the pitch tells you.

On my save he is better than Chamberlain. As Marsupian said though. If you are thinking of keeping what you have then Let him go. I got 10mil for Arshavin and 10 for Gervinho so I kept and added 1 young brazilians to give walcott and afellay a run for their money

thanks guys on the Real Result. Im still in awe of it. Probably one of my finest achievs on fm12 so far. that and the Chelsea 4 -1.

On my save he is better than Chamberlain. As Marsupian said though. If you are thinking of keeping what you have then Let him go. I got 10mil for Arshavin and 10 for Gervinho so I kept and added 1 young brazilians to give walcott and afellay a run for their money

thanks guys on the Real Result. Im still in awe of it. Probably one of my finest achievs on fm12 so far. that and the Chelsea 4 -1.

Archavin was superb for me in the first season but let him go at the end of it as I was sure he was going to decline in the next season. Due to his performances I caught 17mil for him, not bad at all :). For the second season I had my attacking mids set up like this:

AML: Gervinho, Lamella, I grabbed Lamella for 12mil and is rated highly by my scouts, Gervinho was superb the first season so should be good.

AMR: Walcott, Son Heung-Min, I paid big for Heung-Min as he is a favorite of mine and had the cash, Walcott was decent first season but nothing special.

AMC: Eriksen, Wilshere, I bought Eriksen in the first season as he was extremely cheap for his potential and figured he could be good backup, due to injury he had to play quite often and he performed admirably, Wilshere has had a promising return from his injury and I hope he picks up this season.

I'm thinking about training Lamella to be proficient on the right wing and switch Heung-Min and Lamella around from time to time to see if they play better like that.

noooooo.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this is not what i need. i've just lost RVP for the season and with walcott and gervinho out and di maria cup tied for the champs league. the business end of the season just got alot tougher.

thought id add in my next four fixtures

real madrid (a) 1/4 finals

man utd (a)

real madrid (h)

liverpool (a)

make or break time in my game can't wait.

Arsenal End of Season Review

Well, as already stated, my cup performances were a little disappointing as I went out of both league and FA Cup quite early.

We also went out of the Champions League but that was better (somewhat) as we were beaten by Man City in the semi-finals.

The league was a different story though.

Premier League

As per my post above, we were set for a nail biting finish as we tried to hold off Man Utd. It was all set for a title showdown at Old Trafford but the week before, United travelled to the Reebok and I crossed my fingers for an unlikely Bolton win...

boltonvmanutdinformatio.jpg

Rooney randomly two-footed Paul Robinson after 30 minutes and the rest is history.

That meant we could seal the title with a victory in our next match...the opponents? Tottenham Hotspur who had beaten us 2-1 in our meeting at WHL.

We started well and, well...

arsenalvtottenhamsplitv.jpg

Christ, I enjoyed this. We were brilliant. Yes, they went down to 10 men but we were already well on top. At 3-0 I changed the tactic to control but realised we had a great chance to make a real historic result...changed back to Attack, brought on new wingers and we completed the rout. It genuinely could have been more too, we missed two of our CCC's and well...it was brilliant.

If only this was real life... ahem

This all meant the league table ended like this:

englishpremierdivisiono.jpg

Utterly chuffed.

hi

Finally got fm12 the over day as I was bored and fancied a a game of fm , Im unsure what to do in terms of transfers , I dont want to make any major changes but I do feel im in need of a striker as RVP has just got injured in pre season for 8 weeks (hernia) and ive sold Chamakh, which leaves me with only park ju young.

I play a 4 3 3 with a lone striker and a amc just behind which is my playmaker , both my wide men are inside forwards.

I play arteta as my amc with arshavin/rosicky as cover until i get wilshire back which then means I can sell arshavin or rosicky , seen as i play inside forwards and also need a striker i was looking at Podolski but the fee will be around 20m and im not sure he is worth that although he would make good cover for van persie and also the left side?

Is there anyone else i could get for rvp cover and can possibly play on the left?

I would say my budget is £20m but would like to spend less if possible but at the same time bring in someone who is of high quality and a "big name signing" as its the only signing i will most likely make in this transfer window.

cheers

Niang could do a job for £10 million but is still only 16. He has 5 in 5 for me but you have Walcott who in a poacher role will score so many it wont matter. Have a peek over the last 2 pages for your proof too!

moreinjuries.th.jpg

i just don't think this season is going to be my season. yet again more crutial injuries, sanga and cissokho are now injured which isnt helped as i gibbs isnt fit either. missing 4key players has killed me.

i think i'm going to have to put all my eggs into one comp and try win it. still in the semi's off the fa cup(man city) and champs league(man utd) and 4points behind man utd in the league with 6games to go and one game in hand.

my four fixtures posted above didn't go to well. lost away to rea 2-1, drew with liverpool away 1-1, beat real 3-0 at home (very flatering scoreling) and got beat 2-1 away agaisnt utd.

got podolski in the end for 18m , could be an expensive flop but i hope he can do a good job as rvp cover and also on the left as i may at times put gervinho on the right.

Im looking for a box to box midfielder , i play a dmc with a cm that is playing a box to box type role , at present ramsey is there but i dont feel he has the required attributes? i would put song there but he is in the dmc role unless i got another dmc and put song there? can he play the box to box role?

cheers

got podolski in the end for 18m , could be an expensive flop but i hope he can do a good job as rvp cover and also on the left as i may at times put gervinho on the right.

Im looking for a box to box midfielder , i play a dmc with a cm that is playing a box to box type role , at present ramsey is there but i dont feel he has the required attributes? i would put song there but he is in the dmc role unless i got another dmc and put song there? can he play the box to box role?

cheers

Ramsey can play a box to box role perfectly fine, he will just lack a little in the defensive department and you might have to sub him quite often or rotate him to keep him fit but that doesn't mean he can't play the role. A player doesn't have to fit a role perfectly to play it, a player will bring his own playing style and ability to a role and fill it differently than another player will. This is especially true for such an "open" role as a box to box midfielder. Playing Ramsey as the box to box will just mean you have a little more attacking penetration and a little less defensive solidity than you would have if you would field a more rounded or defensive player like Song.

I played the same formation (except I had my DM playing as MC in a defensive role) with Ramsey and Arteta rotating the BtB spot with Benayoun, Archavin, Rosicky and new signing Eriksen all playing games in the AMC spot (most of them also played games on the wings). The only thing I changed to the BtB role was setting through balls to often but this isn't really necessary I think. They both performed well as BtB midfielders picking up the odd assist and goal as well as playing a major part in the defensive phase and starting attacks.

Just beat Barca in the Champions League Final in the first season!

It went to penalties....Cesc steps up...misses :-)

I would post a screenie but not sure how to take a screen shot from within FM

Just beat Barca in the Champions League Final in the first season!

It went to penalties....Cesc steps up...misses :-)

I would post a screenie but not sure how to take a screen shot from within FM

press F12 mate

then go into paint and paste

cheers...however, a little window pops up saying screenshot saved but it doesnt go onto my clipboard....

nothing pastes into paint, and if i paste into word it just pastes the text i had last copied...

any ideas?

cheers...however, a little window pops up saying screenshot saved but it doesnt go onto my clipboard....

nothing pastes into paint, and if i paste into word it just pastes the text i had last copied...

any ideas?

Check the screenshots folder, I think it's in My Documents > Football Manager > Screenshots or something similar (maybe put an SI games in there somewhere :p)

wow!!

Just had my best end to the season ever! i won the league on the last day off the season on goal difference. After needing man utd to lose agaisnt newcastle and i had to beat villa. what a game and this was after i thought id blown my chance as utd drew their last game agaisnt bolton and i drew agaisnt spurs.

soundboy grats on the CL win, hopefully ill do the same i've barca in the final up next, ill be happy not to get embarrassed.

edit yas i just won the champs league final 1-0, duno what happened to the barcelona team but they never had messi, inesta, pedro, puyol, macherano, sanchez and started with xavi and alves on the bench, pep must have gone mad.

ill try to an end of report worthy of the thread when i get a chance.

Lost the league. cup to Bolton, but knocked Atletico madrid out of europe. Hoping to win my 2nd Champions league with Arsenal!!!

Just received this very bad new after i Holidayed through a friendly :(

2012-01-09_00002.jpg

My transfer dealings so far:

2012-01-09_00003.jpg

I dont know what to do, This injury has potentially ruined his career. (Massive stat loss?) Should i Purchase a striker, or have faith in Walcott? Maybe I could splaash the cash on a Gotze/Hazard to fill the big void left by RVP. Opinions?

He will still be good afterwards, but it depends on how you play. If he is a support striker in a 2-man attack then you have park and chamakh, but you may need to buy, he is pretty crucial. I have found that given a run of games you can get a lot of goals out of chamakh and park.

i would 100% buy another striker. i lost rvp for 3months and it de-railed my season. walcott will do a job but i don't rate any of the other strikers

talking about strikers do you guys have any recomendations, i want someone who's good enough to force me to play rvp on the wing. i've just tried to sign cavani but he went to spurs. i'm not really to sure who else out there is going to be good enough that isnt going to cost silly money....which i'm just not keen on.

my current strikers for my 2nd season will be:

RVP, Sanogo, Walcott, Gervinho, Vela

Which will be enough but i think another world class striker is my prefered option as id prefer to play walcott, gervinho and vela on the wings along with di maria and possibly Arshavin.

Ah thanks, it was tucked away in the Program Files\Steam folder.

2012010800003.jpg

I would have been well peeved if I had lost the pens as I specifically set Wiltshire to low down the order but yet he took and missed the 3rd pen!

Problem solved!! I didn't think this was possible. Can't believe i got him ATOL after the amount of goals he scored for city last season never mind for that price. i scouted pretty much every striker in the game after cavani went to spurs and Rowely came back and said city would want around 33mil for him and that he was interested. They wanted 38mil for a tevez. paying him 150k p/w though, which also means RVP is on 150k p/w as well now, but my happiness is worth that price.

problemsolvedp.jpg

i love this crazy game sometimes.

I'm still looking at a 34 year old Aguero and trying to sign him in my save, you lucky sod!

Also just got Into the champions league semi final against Marseille, who have been runners up 5 times and not won It since the beginning of the game :o

Beat Man Utd 3-2 away thanks to a poor pass from jones giving me the winner, and that was to finish off a come ack from 2-0 down at half time. Inbetween these matches I played a weakened team against Chelsea, got spanked 4-0 due to making all subs at half time and getting a man sent off wrongly on 48 mins, then beat Man U 2-0 at home thanks to their star striker Vinucius getting sent off and giving me a penalty :D

guys got a couple of useful things for you:

latest guide on the ball-winning midfielder (this is also available on sigames tactics forum)

http://www.theawaystand.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/6590-the-ball-winning-midfielder-winning-tackles-and-trophies/page__pid__130938#entry130938

and

the contract value calculator - a tool that helps you see how much a contract will cost over the duration of his contract in bonuses, wages and fees - currently only released at theawaystand.co.uk an FM affiliate site, worth checking it out. based on my original concept and developed by lurkingwithintent who has done a fine job.

http://www.theawaystand.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/6595-the-tas-contract-calculator-for-windows-mac-v01/page__pid__131068#entry131068

take a look guys

Arsenal Update - August 2011

match1z.jpg

Great opening day win over Newcastle, superb team performance.

match2m.jpg

Good work in UCL qualifier against Twente, we looked the best team all the way through, retaining the ball excellently.

match3v.jpg

Another excellent win, this time over Liverpool, and in could and should have been more.

match4x.jpg

A poor performance, rested several players, yet an unexpectedly poor performance, Twente had a goal ruled out which would have put Twente through on away goals - nervy moments.

match5.jpg

A classic 3-3 draw, including a stunner from Andrey Arshavin and a late Vermaelen equaliser.

UEFA Champions League Group E

uclgroupdraw.jpg

Carling Cup 3rd Round

leaguecup3rdrounddraw.jpg

Well in my Arsenal save we have been subject to a takeover.

Hooray!! no more debt and 275m pumped in the club, happy days.. The only problem the team came off from a fantastic unbeaten season and other than the likes of Pique or Messi there is not many players out there to make the team stronger so the 140m the board have given me to spend is burning a hole in my pocket.

bdixon you are a cheeky sod - that is not a problem - thats a lovely dilemma!

Well in my Arsenal save we have been subject to a takeover.

Hooray!! no more debt and 275m pumped in the club, happy days.. The only problem the team came off from a fantastic unbeaten season and other than the likes of Pique or Messi there is not many players out there to make the team stronger so the 140m the board have given me to spend is burning a hole in my pocket.

Maybe buy Man U or Spurs best player and put him in your reserves? Just a thought...

scout the youth and pickup a few. Nothing better than having the worlds future talent to pick through!

Maybe buy Man U or Spurs best player and put him in your reserves? Just a thought...

haha, thats what i call doing a rangers....(obvious bias from me as we 'celtic' do the same). weaken the other teams in the league buy buying thier best players.

try bring in mess. i'm hoping that old tactic of praising a player for a few years. makes you become one of their favored people and then i'm going to try unsettle him, hopefully get in him for the start of season four. doubt it will work but it's a little side project for me and should coniside with the end of what will be RVPs glorious arsenal career.