FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

, should I, as JEinchy has done, remove Jack Wilshere's injury? :thup:

I would also leave Wilshere injured, mainly to allow Aaron Ramsey as much playing time as possible to reach his (insanely high) PA. In my save Arteta also went out injured for 3-4 months during the opening season, which basically guaranteed that Ramsey was a fixture in the starting line-up. The reward was a constant stream of up-arrows in his stats, and messages from Pat Rice like "Ramsey has been making excellent progress; his exposure to first-team football has helped tremendously etc."

I found that he (and Arsenal) played well in a 4-2-4 formation, with Chamakh as a Target Man upfront and Walcott playing as Poacher; Arshavin and Gervinho on the wings (and switching positions constantly), and Ramsey as Deep-lying Playmaker and Song/Coquelin as Def-Mid. I don't rate Chamakh IRL but in the game he's an excellent target man, and he and Walcott developed a great partnership, with Walcott eventually coming in 2nd in the league in goals behind Aguero. Arshavin, surprisingly, led the league in assists. (RvP, unsurprisingly, was injured most of the year).

Also, for anyone looking for an Arshavin/Rosicky replacement I can't recommend Douglas Costa (shakhtar) highly enough. Similar high-flair stats (and low-physical stats, lol) as those two, but much younger, and pretty cheap. Earned Signing of the Season for me in Year One.

Finally, thanks to all the posters here who make this thread so invaluable and interesting.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With no Transfer Budgets for the first Transfer Window, I will be looking towards Youth until January at least, therefore the likes of Emmanuel Frimpong, Oguzhan Özyakup, Carl Jenkinson, Ryo Miyaichi and Francis Coquelin will all play some part in the early stages of our season. Looking forward to seeing how the likes of Özyakup and Carl Jenkinson, who has been criticised in reality, will cope under the pressure.

For the rest of the night, I will be compiling realistic shortlist's, working on some aspects of my tactics and, as usual, creating my training schedules that are quite effective :thup:

Do you use personalised training schedules like myself? Still on day one, sorting out shortlists for the near future as well as more long term targets.

I would also leave Wilshere injured, mainly to allow Aaron Ramsey as much playing time as possible to reach his (insanely high) PA. In my save Arteta also went out injured for 3-4 months during the opening season, which basically guaranteed that Ramsey was a fixture in the starting line-up. The reward was a constant stream of up-arrows in his stats, and messages from Pat Rice like "Ramsey has been making excellent progress; his exposure to first-team football has helped tremendously etc."

I found that he (and Arsenal) played well in a 4-2-4 formation, with Chamakh as a Target Man upfront and Walcott playing as Poacher; Arshavin and Gervinho on the wings (and switching positions constantly), and Ramsey as Deep-lying Playmaker and Song/Coquelin as Def-Mid. I don't rate Chamakh IRL but in the game he's an excellent target man, and he and Walcott developed a great partnership, with Walcott eventually coming in 2nd in the league in goals behind Aguero. Arshavin, surprisingly, led the league in assists. (RvP, unsurprisingly, was injured most of the year).

Finally, thanks to all the posters here who make this thread so invaluable and interesting.

Yes, that was one of the main factors why I have left Wilshere's injury on; to see how my squad would, or could, cope with a high-profile player, such as Wilshere, missing a large period of the season with a injury. I'm looking for the likes of Coquelin, Frimpong and Özyakup to play well when needed.

As for tactics, I will look to play a 4-5-1 formation, like real-life. Alex Song will play in that DM role but, like in reality, won't sit-back as often as people would like him to. I want him to be fluid in movement, moving into the 2-man midfield ahead of him to help in the build up play. Ramsey will be deployed as a Advanced Playmaker, someone who'll look to roam further forward into the final third and Arteta, who will be surpassed by Wilshere after his recovery, will hopefully perform well in a Deep-Lying Playmaker role. To retain the ball, pick a pass and occasionally make a burst forward to the edge of the area.

Do you use personalised training schedules like myself? Still on day one, sorting out shortlists for the near future as well as more long term targets.

Yes; always have and always will. Never been a fan of downloading tactics and training schedules etc. Takes all the fun, and on of the most challenging aspects, completely out of the game.

Yes, that was one of the main factors why I have left Wilshere's injury on; to see how my squad would, or could, cope with a high-profile player, such as Wilshere, missing a large period of the season with a injury. I'm looking for the likes of Coquelin, Frimpong and Özyakup to play well when needed.

As for tactics, I will look to play a 4-5-1 formation, like real-life. Alex Song will play in that DM role but, like in reality, won't sit-back as often as people would like him to. I want him to be fluid in movement, moving into the 2-man midfield ahead of him to help in the build up play. Ramsey will be deployed as a Advanced Playmaker, someone who'll look to roam further forward into the final third and Arteta, who will be surpassed by Wilshere after his recovery, will hopefully perform well in a Deep-Lying Playmaker role. To retain the ball, pick a pass and occasionally make a burst forward to the edge of the area.

Yes; always have and always will. Never been a fan of downloading tactics and training schedules etc. Takes all the fun, and on of the most challenging aspects, completely out of the game.

Currently halfway through making my training schedules and then next on the list is to get a decent feeder club to send the young stars on loan to.

Tactics wise I think mine will be a bit different to the normal but I'll leave that for the time being.

Arteta, who will be surpassed by Wilshere after his recovery, will hopefully perform well in a Deep-Lying Playmaker role. To retain the ball, pick a pass and occasionally make a burst forward to the edge of the area.

Arteta surprised me slightly by being incredibly effective as the AMC (advanced playmaker) in my 4-2-3-1. He popped up with about 14 goals and 17 assists in my 1st season, gained a Spain cap, and was (IIRC) a substitute in the PL team of the year. Wilshere, who missed basically the whole season with his ankle injury and then a torn calf, is going to have a tough time getting ahead of him in the short term.

neymar in installments, tevez 2nd season 16mill i think, just starting 3rd season, think i was name buying (amateur mistake), had a clearout with just hamsik 27mill in hopefully to balance my side. just unsure about my defence, barring young freebees ive not touched the back four so im in two minds wether to purchase one more lb or cb and then sell santos/gibbs or koscielny, but not sure was looking at stephan bell any one had him.

Just started a new Arsenal save. At August 1st in pre-season of the first season. I have gone mad with transfers using the 48month deals on some of my big signings. I will be playing a 4-3-1-2 system

Ins:

Srna - 15m over 48 months

Bandalowski - £60k

L Baines - 15m over 48 months

Felliani - 21m over 48 months

Hamsik - 23m over 48 months

Tevez - 50m over 48 months

Wilfried - 2.5m

Outs:

Almunia - 1.9m

Mannone - 825k

Santos - 700k loan fee 2.7m future fee

Arshavin - 15m

Rosicky - free

Chamakh - 15m

Park - 700k loan fee 2.3m future fee

Bartley - 2.3m after loan finished

Vela - 3m after loan finished

Mychoi - 2.6m

Watt - 800k

Currently got a 15m offer on the table from Man City for Sagna don't know if I should cash in or have him and Srna fighting it out for RB. Bandalowski is a decent cover tho.

Squad:

GK: Fabianski/Scenzyny

RB: Srna/Sagna/Bandlowski

LB: Baines/Srna/Gibbs

CB: Vermaelan/Mertesacker/Kosicelny/Djourou

DM: Song/Coquelin

CM: Arteta/Fellaini/Ramsey/Wilshere/Benayoun

AMC: Hamsik/Gervinho/Van Persie

ST: Tevez/Van Persie/Walcott/Wilfried

Will update once i've played some games

Blackburn 0-2 Arsenal (Prem) - Walcott & Srna

Udinese 1-2 Arsenal (CLQ) - Van Persie & Walcott

Arsenal 1-1 West Brom (Prem) - Arteta

Arsenal 0-0 udinese (CLQ)

Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal (Prem) - Luiz (og)

Arsenal 2-1 Man City (Prem) - Wilfried & Tevez

Arsenal 3-0 Rosenberg (CL) - Wilfried 2, Walcott

Sunderland 1-5 Arsenal (Prem) - Vermaelan 2, Wilfried, Hamsik, Tevez

Arsenal 4-1 Swindon (CC3) - Walcott 3, Djourou

Arsenal 1-0 Liverpool (Prem) - Mertesacker

Kobenhaven 3-1 Arsenal CL) - Ramsey

Great start so far. West Brom equalised 3 mins into stoppage time on the other hand, Luiz og at chelsea came 5mins into stoppage time.

RVP got injured against Udinese and has just come back from injury.

Wilfired is playing fantastic at the moment.

In my CL group I have AC Milan, Rosenborg & Kobenhavn

My narrow tactics are doing the business for me at the moment

February Update

Premier League

Arsenal 4 - 1 West Ham (Robin van Persie pen 4', 90+2', Laurent Koscielny 15', Theo Walcott 27'; Julien Faubert 83')

This game was not as straightforward as the scoreline suggests. It was another game where we've scored plenty, but not played that well. It's been like that for a couple of months now.

Tottenham 0 - 1 Arsenal (Jack Wilshere 4')

A return to the Arsenal of season one - a stout defensive display, with everyone pulling their weight.

Liverpool 0 - 0 Arsenal

We should've lost this game, such was Liverpool's dominance. A draw was a good result. This was the first time we had kept consecutive cleansheets in the league since mid-November.

Champions League

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg

Villareal 1 - 4 Arsenal (Adrian Corlunga 29'; Theo Walcott 39', Marco Reus 59', Robin van Persie 73', Diego Lopez OG 85')

Another sloppy goal conceded in the Champions League. This time, Bartley was robbed in his own penalty area which left me wondering, again, why my defenders just don't punt it clear when they get the ball six yards away from goal. Fortunately, we had the firepower to turn the game around and come away with a great win.

FA Cup

FA Cup 5th Round

Arsenal 1 - 0 Stoke (Kyle Bartley 6')

We should have won this game by four or five goals, but was typically profligant.

Other

As I documented yesterday, Gervinho and I have had a major falling out and he'll be sold in the summer. Not long after, Chamakh also asked to leave and I granted his request, since I planned on selling him in the summer, anyway.

The team isn't playing particularly great at the moment, yet somehow we've yet to lose a game this season. The league is still tight, since City's defensive record is amazing and they're unbeaten themselves. Strangely, Roberto Mancini resigned to join sturggling Inter, so maybe this will be the start of their decline.

neymar in installments, tevez 2nd season 16mill i think, just starting 3rd season, think i was name buying (amateur mistake), had a clearout with just hamsik 27mill in hopefully to balance my side. just unsure about my defence, barring young freebees ive not touched the back four so im in two minds wether to purchase one more lb or cb and then sell santos/gibbs or koscielny, but not sure was looking at stephan bell any one had him.

don't sell koscielny - he is magnificent!

I play Mertesacker as a Limited Def/Def and he's been great for me, average rating of about 7.4 although he did score an own goal in the last game! :thup:

Just started as Arsenal after Llew persuaded me. Firstly, I thought about removing the Wilshere injury but decided against it in the end.

Surprised at the £44 million budget if I'm being honest, targets will include a back up to Sagna, as well as possibly another midfielder to cover the injuries of Diaby and Wilshere as well as the possible sale of Rosicky. After that, I will focus on adding youth and improving the staff at the club.

How have people found Mertesacker as judging by his attributes he lacks the pace for a cover role and the aggression for a stopper role.

Who have people replaced Pat Rice with after he retires?

I'm a sucker for ex-players so I brought back the Horse, Oleg Luzhnyi. His stats are actually pretty good for an assistant though, good motivating, man management, and tactical knowledge. Hopefully he'll prove to be good with the press, since I rarely bother with pressers. His judging of player potential is a little low though, so I have to ignore some of his star ratings.

don't sell koscielny - he is magnificent!

sold santos to flamengo, signed fabio man utd. 15 mill upfront with 7 mill installments. 6 games fo far 1 goal and 4 assists. koscielny is my first chioce at the moment plays well with vermaalen when he isnt injured.

I'm a sucker for ex-players so I brought back the Horse, Oleg Luzhnyi. His stats are actually pretty good for an assistant though, good motivating, man management, and tactical knowledge. Hopefully he'll prove to be good with the press, since I rarely bother with pressers. His judging of player potential is a little low though, so I have to ignore some of his star ratings.

Martin Keown

Season Update 2013/14

Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 West Ham - Ramsey, Wilshere

Quite simply dominated possession, chances, tackles, goals, everything. Scored with 2 superbly worked goals.

Wigan 1-5 Arsenal - Wilshere, Elokobi og, van Persie, Mertesacker, Chamberlain

Despite going behind we completely outplayed wigan and every single goal was very well worked and deserved. Especially Chamberlain's cheeky shot inside the near post to round the game off.

Arsenal 2-0 Aston Villa - van Persie, Arteta

A really odd game, 2 early goals, and we had 1 shot for the rest of the game. Both sides were dull, boring and predictable. However 3 points made me forget the performance quickly.

Man City 2-1 Arsenal - Kagawa

We did our usual against Man City, got put under stupid amounts of pressure early on, conceded a set piece and couldn't string a pass or chance together. After a half time rollicking, we scored after good movement between Kagawa and Ramsey, then Balotelli was booked twice for diving on both occasions and we sensed blood, yet aguero managed to squeeze in a shot off the post on the counter attack to win it late on for city. With minor injuries to Gibbs and van Persie because of rough City challenges it left a really bitter taste at the way City had played.

UEFA Champions League

CSKA Moscow 1-2 Arsenal - Walcott (2)

A superb comeback, we went behind after Vermaelen inexplicably played Doumbia onside, and we were lucky to survive a few more counter attacks, but eventually our pressure paid off in the form of a Walcott equaliser. When van Persie earned but then missed a penalty with 10 minutes left it was looking like we weren't quite going to get the 3 points, but Jack Wilshere's superb cross and Walcott's header late on gave us 3 points.

Carling Cup

Arsenal 1-0 Reading - Chamberlain

A goal from Chamberlain was enough, we played ok, but couldn't force many clear openings, and Federici was outstanding in the Reading goal. Enough to get through

4th round draw: Wolves v Arsenal

3rd season update

somehow after a poor season and finishing 5th i kept my job.

in

hamsik 27mill

fabio 22mill

out

rosicky

bendter

chamakh

vela

diaby

denilson

park

arshavin

total 28 million

results

aa gent 4-0 hulk x2,tevez,walcott euro cup

cardiff 3-0 tevez x2,hamsik epl

aa gent 3-1 neymar x2, merstacker euro cup

west brom 2-1 walcott x2 epl

liverpool 0-0 epl

lille 2-0 vermaalen, neymar euro group

swansea 3-0 vanpersie x2, neymar epl

wigan 3-0 gervinho, tevez, walcott lge cup

finally a good start with only 2 goals conceded so far, dont play the so called top 4 till december, after a poor injury hit year for walcott he is finally starting to perform as i exspected him to.

massimo pedrazzini lol

Oh, and Luzhnyi has 4.5* for ball control training, which I haven't found anywhere else (not that I've looked too hard).

I considered Bould and Keown too, but in the end I just promoted Bould from youth coach to coach (I'd already made Keown a coach). Luzhnyi is on a two year contract, so if I'm not happy I'll try one of those two next.

March Update

Premier League

Arsenal 1 - 1 Chelsea (Laurent Koscielny 32'; Milos Krasic 59')

We should've won this game easily, but wasted so many chances. Chelsea barely had a sniff at goal and the first decent opportunity they got they scored. I was really annoyed we didn't get the three points.

Manchester United 1 - 2 Arsenal (Nemanja Vidic 7'; Dusan Tadic 84', David De Gea OG' 90+4')

Why do I always play the big teams back to back? This one was remarkably even until the last few minutes, where it went nuts. De Gea spilling into his own goal was incredibly lucky, but I'm not complaining.

Arsenal 2 - 1 Wolves (Per Mertesacker 6', Dusan Tadic 66'; Ivelin Popov 3')

Rotated the team about and got a decent result against a surprisingly good Wolves team currently sitting 6th in the table.

Champions League

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg

Arsenal (7) 3 - 0 (1) Villareal (Jack Wilshere 23', 90+2', Jesé 75')

The job was done in the first leg, the icing and the cherry were added in the second.

Our quarter final opponents are Manchester United and if we beat them, it's one of Real Madrid or AC Milan. The other teams left in the competition are Barcelona, Benfica, Paris St. Germain and Spurs. Suffice to say, we got ourselves the hardest run to the final.

FA Cup

FA Cup 6th Round

Arsenal 3 - 1 Manchester City (Marco Reus 45', Mikel Arteta 55', Robin van Persie 71'; Edin Dzeko 60')

A comfortable win against a City side yet to show their best under management. We'll play either Chelsea or Nottingham Forest int he semi-final.

Carling Cup

Carling Cup Final

Blackpool 1 - 3 Arsenal (Ilsinho 75'; Dusan Tadic 12', Mohammed Abdellauoe 23', Jesé 90')

Seeing as the opposition were in the Championship, I thought I could rotate my team and get away with it. For the majority of the match, we were in control and cruising to another Carling Cup, but Ilsinho's goal really made the last 15 or so minutes nervy. Blackpool did come close to levelling the game, but Jesé made sure the trophy was won right at the death.

start of the second season, beat spurs 3-1 in the charity shield (yay!)

drew 1-1 with wengers man city at home on the opening day, then beat wolves 4-1 away with some awesome football!

currently playing a 4 2 2 2 and a 4 1 2 2 1 when needed and the combination of wilshere and ramsey in the latter is awesome!

hulks playing well on the left and gervinho on the right with theo scoring off the bench!

i managed to get rid of mertesaker for 10 million to juve and sold arteta to inter for 9 million....bendtner went to bayern for 7.5 and i have a smaller squad with lots of rotation

trying to get barkley from everton as i want more english players, currently my side is

chezney/fabianski/butland (eng)

gibbs (eng)/robinson (eng)

sagna/montoya

shawcross (eng)/vermaelen/koscielny/bartley (eng) bartley is at lorient on loan but will be called back if needed

song/vertonghen/coq

wilshere (eng)/ramsey (gbr)

theo(eng)/hulk/gervinho/chamberlain (eng)

rvp/chamakh

so the english contingent is getting better, as well as some top english kids coming through in regen form!

looking at sturridge as a possibility eventually? can't think of many others worth going for

Finally getting my save loaded up; looking forward to getting it going now :thup:

I am going to try and get a centre-half partnership of Vermaelen and Koscielny/Mertesacker playing well - I'm going to try and use a 'Stopper and Cover' set-up going. I've never done it on any FM but, I feel that we have the players to play in that manner. This player has interested me too;

10ryadboudebouz.png

He could be considered as a replacement for Andrey Arshavin, in my opinion. He may not have the 'world-class' appearance of someone like a Eden Hazard or Franck Ribéry but, if you are looking for a replacement for someone like Arshavin. I would highly recommend him.

After a few games I can't get into I'm really excited about my newly started Arsenal save (mainly thanks to this thread).

After numerous games being jealous of Leandro Damaio's goalscoring I have once again tried to sign him but been outpriced. Until my Chairman nicely decided to negotiate a £35m transfer for me!

I've also signed Vrsaljko as back-uop for Sagna (who i'm contemplating cashing in on). Not much budget left so left to choose between Willian and Douglas Costa for the AMC role as I've sold Arshavin.

Was hoping to do a bit more wheeling and dealing but I cant resist Damaio at £35m even if it does skint me!

Season update

vs burnley 3-3 neymar,hamsik x2

vs wigan 3-0 tevez x3

vs fulham 3-0 tevez,neymar,kosicielny

vs west ham 3-1 hulk x2, ramsey

vs man utd 2-2 kosiciekny, gervinho

vs newcastle lost 1-0

vs villa 3-0 hulk x2,van persie

vs stoke 2-1 koscielny, arteta

vs everton 3-2 hulk,van persie, vermaelen

vs spurs lost 3-0

vs b,burn lost 1-0

vs bolton 1-0 vermaelen

so played 16 games and 8 points behind city who havent lost yet and only let in 4 goals, seems a mountain to climb even with my players. my next two fixtures are chelsea away and city at home which 6 points are a must.

injury news i lost hulk,van persie,tevez,merstacker and hamsik for around 5 games including the 2 that i lost, and neymar is out untill feb/march. on the plus side wilshire/ramsey are performing well in the centre, while jenkinson and chamberlain have improved also.

other news im still in league cup and qualified the group stage of the euro cup with 2 games to go. really tough challenge as i cant remember the last time i took over a team and went 3 seasons without a trophy, well fingers crossed it isnt.

I've never normally got that far with him!

Luckily Peter Hill Wood has negotiated him down to 83k/week which I think is quite reasonable.

Any ideas on the Willian Vs Costa?

id say there both as good as each other and id bid for both getting the best deal i could, on my save i have noticed willian getting more goals and assists though.

He could be considered as a replacement for Andrey Arshavin, in my opinion. He may not have the 'world-class' appearance of someone like a Eden Hazard or Franck Ribéry but, if you are looking for a replacement for someone like Arshavin. I would highly recommend him.

Nicolas Gaitan effectively replaced Arshavin for me, although I didn't cash in on Arshavin straight away as many of you have, and now he will probably leave on a free in summer 2013. In retrospect I should have sold him. Gaitan though, as I keep saying here, has been superb for me. £12m I think he was, in the first window.

Yes, Gaítan looks a very nice player; recommended him to the guy's in my Málaga thread - perfect for a team like Arsenal :thup:

Although, Boudebouz does look a good player and he is the player that Arsenal like to sign in reality, the same could be said about Gaítan. Another player would be Dried Mertens of PSV Endhoven; I'm a massive fan of his.

Shinji Kagawa has scored 8 goals in 10(2) appearances this season since arriving on a free from Borussia Dortmund. Consider that I have signed him and Afellay combined for less than I recieved for an ageing Andrey Arshavin - I think I have got a good deal. Both wages combined comes to £100k pw which to be honest, isn't a stone's throw from Arshavin's wages. I am glad I sold, my squad is stronger for it.

I do like Arshavin, incidentally I am wearing last season's Arsenal shirt with his name on the back but, his performances in reality have dampened my love for him. His attributes on FM12 are fantastic nevertheless, great all-round, attacking ability but, I will look to move him on. Whether it will be for a fee or on a free, it's yet to be seen but, I would like to scour Europe for his replacement. The obvious two would be Eden Hazard or Mario Götze although, the more realistic options would be the likes of Dries Mertens, Ryad Boudebouz or, as you have suggested, Barça's Ibrahim Afellay :thup:

guys finished 3rd season and again no trophies, mainly due to players getting injured and the billions of man city. weather its my managerial capabilities or tatics aswell i dont know but normally id have given up on this save already being so hard but this thread is keeping me going due to success of other fm players. from 5th last year to 2nd this year im gettin closer but city are unbeatble atm. one good from this is the emergence of chamberlain, after 2 years of not really playing any part he has emerged in to a main player in the last 6 months. after 3 games in the 1st team and played ok i had a private chat sayin well done keep it up, this motivated him and went on to play a further 18 games, 10 goals, and 9 assists. well done alex.

Before I do go to bed, I've decided to give you a brief update on how my pre-season is going. I won't go into too much detail as, hopefully, I will have a pre-season update on here tomorrow evening :thup:

Injuries;

preseasoninjuries.png

Of course, we already have the pre-standing injuries, for example the injuries to Wilshere, Diaby and Squillaci but, the likes of Robin Van Persie have been added to that, what is already, a over-crowded Physio Room. I just hope that Robin Van Persie remains strong and plays a considerable part in our season, as he should do.

August Fixtures - 2011/2012;

augustfixtures2011.png

All in all, I'm slightly worried about the month ahead. I'm happy with our UEFA Champions League qualification draw against FC Twente; not too mcuh travelling and, in all honesty, Twente aren't the team they used to be but, we then have Stoke to begin the Premier League campaign, Manchester City inbetween the two Twente games and, finally, a tough fixture to Bolton. I predict a bumpy ride.

EDIT: I will have a pre-season, and possibly monthly, update on here tonight; If I don't, there is something wrong with me!

About Arshavin, although in real life he is not performing as well as he should, in the game he is still a good player. I sometimes play him in the AMC position when I play with 4411 (as an inside forward) and he has been immense. He is only one of a select band of players in Arsenal with any kind of experience and that's the reason why I have kept him at least for the first season. I also managed to extend his contract by 2 years on the same wages so even if I sell him, I should be able to get a good fee.

A question for you guys here. Has anybody found 442 formation as invincible. I have found it tough going against sides that play that formation especially Man Utd and even against sides such as Fulham. Any tips on how to counter that? Also has anybody tried out Lucas Moura?

March 2012 Update:

3.3.12 EPL: QPR 1 - 2 Arsenal: Faurlin (21, s/o 75) - Van Persie (35,63)

A tough fixture against the surprise team of the first half of the season, as their form began to drop off. 2 well taken goals from the skipper, and Faurlin's red card made seeing out the game a lot easier.

7.3.12 ECL 1st Knockout round Leg 2: Arsenal 4 - 0 Lyon: RVP (1,75), Gervinho (7), Oxlade-Chamberlain (90+2) - (7-0 on aggregate)

A surprisingly simple fixture against a mediocre Lyon side, who couldn't cope with the movement of my front 3, with all the goals being well worked team moves.

10.3.12 EPL: Arsenal 3 - 1 Blackburn: Mendy 0/g (30), Sigurdsson (62), Van Persie (80) - Rochina (70)

Good to have a relatively straight forward home game after my Champion's League fixture. The only downside was arteta picking up a knock that will have him miss a few games. I also enjoyed Mendy's own goal, seeing as he had scored against me for OB in the CL qualifying playoff. Suprisingly Sigurdsson's goal was another tap in.

14.3.12 Fa Cup 5th Round Replay: Burnley 0 -1 Arsenal: Dawson (63).

A dire game of much huffing and puffing by my second string settled by a deflected header from a corner. I'll take it!

17.3.12 Fa Cup 6th Round: Arsenal 1 -0 Man Utd: Koscielny (81) - Evans (s/o) 80

See above but with the first team!

21.3.12 EPL: Tottenham 1 - 2 Arsenal: Van Der Vaart (36) - Van Persie (59), Sigurdsson (86).

DEEPLY SATISFYING! Robin's goal was a thing of beauty, beating two men before smashing it in with his right foot. Sigurdsson's was a tidy finish off the post from 12 yards in a congested penalty area.

24.3.12 EPL: Arsenal 4 - 0 Chelsea: Walcott (8), RVP (27,62,67).

A great win against a Chelsea side struggling with injuries this year, with again no Cech, Drobga or Essien, and Terry suspended. Arteta with 2 more assists and Walcott's goal was a near post diving header from a corner.

28.3.12 ECL QF Leg 1: Arsenal 4 - 1 Man City: Gervinho (5), RVP (27, 47 pen), Zabaleta o.g (87) - Sagna o.g (30).

A fantastic result that puts us in control of the tie, with a wing masterclass from Gervinho with a superb goal (beat 3 and curled it in form 30 yards) and two assists.

31.3.12 EPL: Bolton 1 - 1 Arsenal: Tuncay (35) - Chamakh (4)

An entirely expected comedown from a largely second string side, in a game we should have won

April 2012 Update

3.4.12 ECL Quarter Final 2nd Leg: Man City 4 - Arsenal: Y Toure (1), Milner (15), Balotelli (82, 90+1) - Zabaleta og (32), Walcott (73) (Arsenal win 6-5 on aggregate)

More nervous than i would have liked it! Really should have closed things down at 2-2, but Balotelli scored 2 great finishes. Zabaleta with an own-goal in each game was the difference maker in this very close tie. Barca Next!

7.4.12 EPL: Everton 1 - 3 Arsenal: Vermaelen (o.g) 79 - Sigurdsson (30), RVP (53), Song (70).

A comfortable away victory with another long range special from the Icelandic sharpshooter, and tap ins from about a yard out each from Song and the skipper. TV's o.g was a goal saving tackle gone wrong!

9.4.12 EPL: Arsenal 1 - 0 Aston Villa: Oxlade-Chamberlain (4)

Narrow win for the second string, with a fabulous near post rocket from the rapidly improving Ox.

14.4.12 Fa Cup Semi Final (n): Arsenal 2 - 1 Chelsea: Douglas Costa (80), Chamakh (90+1 pen) - Ramires (63)

A mix and match of first and second string squeaked through, coming from behind against the still Drogba and Essien- less Chelsea. Good time for Douglas Costa to hit his first for his new club.

18.4.12 ECL Semi-final First Leg. Barcelona 0 - 3 Arsenal: Alves s/o (6) - Gervinho (31,52), Walcott (42), Sagna s/o (32)

Probably my best result on the last few iterations of FM. Barca's arrogance was their downfall, refusing to make any changes after the early sending off of Alves for a two-footed special on Gervinho. This allowed the Ivorian to enjoy the Champion's League even more than normal, and he tore Barca a new one. Sagna's sending off meant going more defensive and playing on the break, with the pacey wingers making the difference. That and the fact that Messi was injured (phew!)

21.4.12 EPL: Man City 2 - 1 Arsenal: Nasri (8), Tevez (28) - Douglas Costa (81).

Had to play my reserves in this one (bar the ECL suspended sagna and song) to have a fit squad for the barca 2nd leg, and bang went the unbeaten record. That said my reserves did as well as the first team would have done, and Douglas Costa opened his league account with something very special.

24.4.12: ECL Semi-Final second Leg: Arsenal 2 - 2 Barca: Walcott (24), Vermaelen (59) - Xavi (3), David Villa (70)

After a brief scare following Xavi's early strike, the boy wonder settled the nerves, and i kept it tight. They rushed Messi back half-fit, but he didn't last the 90, and the tie had really already been resolved in the previous leg

28.4.12: EPL Arsenal 5 - 0 Swansea: RVP (12,90+1), Gervinho (23, 49, 57)

A simple game against already relegated Swansea, with Gervinho continuing his excellent late season form. His hat-trick would be 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the goal of the month competition.

lomekian what system are you playing? you have been getting some superb results all season

4-1-1-3-1 - Attacking, Fluid, Counter, Playmaker (the Treq position)

Chesney (s/k)

Sagna (wb) Kos (cover, BPD) Vermaelen (D, BPD) Santos (WB)

Song (DM)

Arteta (DLP, Suppt)

Walcott (W, att) Sigurdsson (T) Gervinho (IF, Att)

RVP (CF)

The key seems to be in the lack of Symmetry, but also the intelligence of Arteta in the DLP position as he frequently covers the left wing-back, as song does for the more athletic sagna. I also wanted the biggest squad of viable first teamers I could have with the squad registration restrictions, so I could rotate and keep as many first teamers as fit as possible. The shooting of Sigurdsson (and even the ancient Rivaldo) have added a massive boost, as they stop the opposition defences dropping too deep, thus creating space for the pacey wingers. Deciding on key players and complementary partnerships and giving them time to develop is also key. Only replace anyone when you are certain the new man will fit in and bring more to the squad.

May 2012 Update:

2.5.12 EPL: Wolves 1 - 3 Arsenal: Vokes (55) - RVP (26), Knightly (og 43), Djourou (65).

Another comfortable league result. Djourou had been retrained as a DRC and came on to replace the injured sagna, before scoring from a set-piece despite being told to stay back. Ah well!

5.5.12 FA Cup Final: Arsenal 4 - 3 Birmingham: Rivaldo (5), Dawson (29), Koscielny (35), Douglas Costa (110) - (Zigic 9,65), Koscielney o.g (87)

Took the opportunity to rest first teamers against the Championship club, and nearly paid for it. having not played much all year, Zigic came in when I played Kos ahead of Mertesacker, and it nearly bit me in the arse. YOu can imagine i was not best pleased when they made it 3-3. Thankfully Douglas Costa seems to like the FA cup and curled in a winner from range in Extra time.

9.5.12 EPL: Arsenal 3 - 0 Sunderland: Gervinho (25), Ramsey (49), TV (58).

Another comfortable win against a sunderland side without their top scorer Bendtner. Toothless....

13.5.12 EPL: Arsenal 4 - 1 Norwich City: Crofts og (4), Diaby (57), Barazite (71, 84) - Morison (75)

Norwich were already relegated, we were already champions, and with morale high, some fringe players got a game, with Barazite scoring two peaches from behind the front man. Now for the big one!

19.5.12 Champion's League final: Real Madrid 2 - 2 Arsenal: Ronaldo (28), Higuain (64), Alonso s/o (39) - Gervinho (9), Vermaelen (76)

Penalties:

Higuain scored (1-0 RM)

Van Persie scored (1-1)

Carvalho scored (2-1 RM)

Arteta SAVED (2-1 RM)

Ozil BAR (2-1 RM)

Barazite Scored (2-2)

Pepe scored (3-2 RM)

Wilshere scored (3-3)

Khedira scored (4-3 RM)

Vermaelen scored (4-4)

Ramos scored (5-4 RM)

Santos scored (5-5)

Albiol SAVED (5-5)

Walcott SCORED!!!!!!!! (5-6 ARSENAL)

A breath-taking end to a season that exceeded all possible expectations. I suspect that had Alonso not tried to kill Arteta in the centre circle that I would have been battered> Mourinho got it wrong taking Ronaldo off for Varane as soon as they went 2-1 up as then all the momentum was with me, and once the pressure was off him Andre Santos played like a man possessed for the last 20, hitting the bar twice from range and forcing 2 great saves from Casillas. The penalty shoot out was painful, but i felt albiol might miss...Barazite and wilshere were brought on specifically for penalties so i am pleased with that. Bloody hell!

April Update

Premier League

Newcastle 0 - 0 Arsenal

We were all over Newcastle but evidently failed to score against an average Newcastle side.

Arsenal 6 - 1 Aston Villa (Dusan Tadic 7', 18', Robin van Persie 42', Theo Walcott 53', 58', Jack Wilshere 65'; Gabby Agbonlahor 36')

Obviously frustrated for not scoring against Newcastle, the team were fantastic in this one with some clinical finishing and excellent individual goals from Walcott and Wilshere.

Arsenal 3 - 1 Portsmouth (Jesé 1', Francis Coquelin 40', 49')

Two rather unlikely goalscorers. Jesé is always improving and finally got his first league goal, while Coquelin somehow banged one in from 25-yards.

Wigan 0 - 0 Arsenal

A pretty poor game. Wigan are on the brink of relegation while my second team just didn't click on the day.

Arsenal 4 - 1 Swansea (Aaron Ramsey 8', 14', Francis Coquelin 35', Jesé 39')

Back to goalscoring form with another belter from Coquelin. I don't know where he's getting this from.

Champions League

Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg

Manchester United 0 - 1 Arsenal (Marco Reus 33')

A smash and grab result. United were on top from the get-go but Reus managed to nick a goal. Afterwards, I just played 5-4-1 and we managed to see the result through.

Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

Arsenal 1 - 0 Manchester United (Marco Reus 38')

And we finished off the job with a decent performance. Real Madrid up next.

Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg

Real Madrid 0 - 2 Arsenal (Robin van Persie 41', 74')

Well, this result was very surprising. I played 5-2-1-2 with two defensive midfielders and set Madrid the challenge of playing through us. A draw would have been a great result, but to come away with a 2-0 victory was fantastic.

FA Cup

FA Cup Semi-Final

Chelsea 0 - 2 Arsenal (Thomas Vermaelen 52', Robin van Persie 56')

A pretty simple game against a struggling Chelsea side. Our final opponents are Blackburn, who knocked out Manchester United.

Do you change your tactics away from home? Can you post a SS of your own history on your profile section? Would be nice to see a bigger breakdown of your stats.

Wouldn't have the first idea how!

But I didn't change my tactics really, just played different types of players in each position and changed their roles accordingly depending on opposition strength. Have only actually changed formation when defending leads after half-time in european games when attempting to play on the break.

As for stats...I had never seen that screen before!!

Games played 67

Games Won 58

Games Drawn 7

Games Lost 2

Goals scored 176

Goals Conceded 45

Goal difference 131

Win Ratio 86%

I would however admit I have been very lucky with opposition injuries and sending offs in big games, and also with general injuries to domestic league rivals. The late surges of Man City and Man Utd makes me think next year will be a lot tougher. I was also fortunate that Sigurdsson came good so incredibly quickly, and his shooting and passing made a big difference to the season

As for player stats 11-12 - A quick breakdown of noteable contributers (all comps)

Fabianski: 14 games, 10 conceded, 7 clean sheets - 7.2 Average

Chesney: 52 +1 Games, 33 Conceded, 27 Clean sheets - 7.17 Ave

Koscielny: 35+4 games, 6 goals, 2 MOM - 7.39 Ave

Mertesacker: 28 games, 2 goals, 2 assists, 2 MOM, 7.26 ave

Vermaelen: 36+2 games, 5 goals, 0 assists, 5 MOM - 7.52 Ave

Djourou: 14+6 games, 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 MOM, 7.36

Sagna: 32+1 games, 1 assist - 7.34 Ave

Vrsaljko: 19+3 games, 1 assist - 7.30 Ave

Andre Santos: 33 games, 2 goals, 10 assists, 2 red cards - 7.25 Average

Gibbs 31 games: 1 assist - 7.25 Ave

Song: 37 games, 4 goals, 7.34 Ave

Arteta: 36 games, 4 goals, 14 assists, 0 MOM! - 7.29 Ave - Very consistent - always 7 or 8

Ramsey: 19+6 games, 3 goals, 5 assists, 7.08 Ave

Wilshere: 4+11 games, 1 goal, 6 assists, 6.97 Ave

Diaby: 13+13 games: 5 goals, 2 assists. 7.04 Ave

Rosicky: 6+6 games, 1 goal, 7 assists, 7.39

Sigurdsson: 29+4 games, 14 goals, 10 assists, 6MOM - 7.47 Ave

Walcott: 39+1 Games, 21 Goals, 18 Assists, 5 MOM - 7.62 Ave

Arshavin: 19+12 Games, 4 Goals, 8 Assists, 1 MOM - 7.14 (INCONSISTENT and leaving to Atletico Madrid for £20m!)

Gervinho: 35+1 games, 16 goals, 15 assists, 6 MOM, 7.47 (my best player in Europe)

Rivaldo: 16 games, 6 goals, 5 assists 7.22 Ave (all cup games)

Van Persie: 41 games, 30 Goals, 19 Assists, 9 MOM - 7.59 Ave (Top League goalscorer)

Chamakh: 13+12 games, 13 goals, 3 assists, 2 MOM, 7.15 Ave (Hot and cold)

Park Chu-Young: 9+8 games, 4 goals, 2 assists, 6.89 ave.

Michael Owen: 6+12 games, 8 goals, 7.12

Reserves with game time:

Craig Dawson: 12 games, 3 goals, 1 assist - 7.54

Sol Campbell: 5+1 games, 1 goals, 1 assist - 7.12 (cups only)

Jenkinson: 11+2 games, 1 assist, 1 red, 7.15 Ave

Coquelin: 12 games, 3 assists, 7.07

Frimpong 14+1 games, 2 assists, 1MOM, 7.02

Oxlade Chamberlain: 10+21 games, 4 goals, 8 assists, 2MOM. 7.09 ave

Douglas Costa: 6+7 games, 3 goals, 2 assists - 6.94 Ave (really struggled at first)

Miyaichi: 5+9 games: 1 goal, 6 assists - 7.31 Ave

Barazite: 6+7 games, 2 goals, 3 assists - 7.07 Ave

The fact you've just posted the stats yet claim to not know what they are lead me to know why you won't post them. It also explains why you're able to play 8 fixtures in 45 minutes.

Get over yourself. I didn't know where they are until you directed me to them in your previous post. I have only ever once posted a screenshot I think, and it came out wrong, so i gave up after that 2 or 3 years ago - THAT's the bit I don't know about. Also I didn't post exactly as i played the games, I just thought it was more appropriate to maintain the monthly format (as i said i was inspired by JEinchy's posts). If you choose to not believe me, that is your issue, but don't you think its rather a lot of detail to fabricate?

I've happily admitted I was lucky, but that said, I have played every iteration of this game since '91, and I am an occasional part-time football writer, so I do actually have some knowledge that helps with these things, as the game is becoming more accurate to reality over time.

Get over yourself. I didn't know where they are until you directed me to them in your previous post. I have only ever once posted a screenshot I think, and it came out wrong, so i gave up after that 2 or 3 years ago - THAT's the bit I don't know about. Also I didn't post exactly as i played the games, I just thought it was more appropriate to maintain the monthly format (as i said i was inspired by JEinchy's posts). If you choose to not believe me, that is your issue, but don't you think its rather a lot of detail to fabricate?

I've happily admitted I was lucky, but that said, I have played every iteration of this game since '91, and I am an occasional part-time football writer, so I do actually have some knowledge that helps with these things, as the game is becoming more accurate to reality over time.

Guys it really doesn't matter, play the game however you like, keep it on topic - if you have any issues with others users use the mods

It does matter to those who want to be part of realistic threads though.

Rather than decrying the fact that myself and one or two others have achieved a degree of success on this GAME, perhaps you would be better served in engaging in their routes to success to see if you can get ideas. I certainly owe a degree of my success to learning from the experiences of others on here, which combined with observation of the match engine encouraged me to make some successful tactical changes. With perseverance, observation of patterns and tweaks to your approach, any game is beatable, by the very virtue of it being a game that runs on less parameters than the human brain is capable of engaging with. The secret is to find YOUR enjoyment.

When i started my contribution to this thread, i didn't begin to suspect that it would go so well for my save, and it was a very pleasant surprise. I hope that what I have written may help to give others ideas, as others have given me ideas. That is all. I am under no illusion that success at FM means anything...as my bank balance can testify!

It took me a number of years to get squads performing as some people have instantly done on here with relationships being built over 2/3 seasons, not 2/3 months. Incidentally the personnel were of incredibly more quality too.

Looking at your postings i think part of the problem is the arrival of a significant number of first teamers at once. I only really added 2 or 3 to the first team squad who played with any regularity, and that helped them gel quickly. It was also helpful that Gervinho and Sigurdsson literally became friends with my ENTIRE first team squad. I certainly think that the more you play favoured personnel together, the greater they perform, to the stage where the whole is significantly greater than the sum of its parts.

Season Update 2013/14

Premier League

Arsenal 3-0 QPR - Wilshere (2), Walcott

A very dull performance, livened up late on when Wilshere and Walcott added 3 goals.

Blackburn 2-2 Arsenal - Mertesacker, Samba og

Another poor performance, could barely string passes together, and Mertesacker at fault for both of Moussa Sow's goals, bailed out by a Samba og in added time.

Arsenal 0-1 Newcastle

All the chances and possessions, but no goals, very poor defeat.

Liverpool 3-2 Arsenal - Kagawa (2)

A shocking defensive performance, and failed to capitalise despite Kagawa's excellent form.

Nottingham Forest 1-2 Arsenal - Djourou, Song

A tale of 3 set pieces as I rested several exhausted players, it won us 3 points, not exactly a vintage run of form.

Arsenal 3-1 Fulham - Kagawa, Koscielny, Walcott

A good performance, and Koscielny was outstanding, both defensively and offensively, as he broke up attacks easily, then got forward, headed a goal, and set up countless through-balls.

Stoke 1-4 Arsenal - Walcott (3), Kagawa

Walcott hattrick against anti-football Stoke - sums it up!

Arsenal 4-1 Bolton - Ramsey, van Persie, Song, Chamberlain

Ramsey ran the show, Song scored a stunner and the team played some excellent stuff.

Carling Cup

Wolves 0-0 Arsenal - aet (Arsenal won 4-3 on penalties)

A weakened team in the grip of poor form somehow came away with a win against Wolves on penalties. Red cards, and injuries left Arsenal with a back 4 of 3 young regens and Vermaelen. Skipper Vermaelen hit the winning penalty.

Quater Final Draw: Arsenal v Liverpool

Semi Final Draw: Arsenal/Liverpool v Tottenham

UEFA Champions League

Arsenal 3-1 Anderlecht - Kagawa, van Persie, Mertesacker

Dominating regulation win.

Arsenal 4-1 Metalist - Gervinho, Mertesacker (2), Kagawa

Harder than the scoreline suggests, but we kept it tight and managed to battle our way to victory. Thanks to my big German defender.

Metalist 0-5 Arsenal - Gueye og, Kagawa, van Persie (2), Gervinho

Metalist again had most of the possession and chances, we just knew how to finish them. Group surprise package beaten twice.

Arsenal 1-0 CSKA Moscow - Chamberlain

Took a late winner, but my weakened side won excellently and the fringe players all had good games, well deserved win.

Anderlecht 1-2 Arsenal - Kagawa, Vagner Love

Excellent comeback, created many excellent chances, and opened up Anderlecht despite the weakened team.

Won the group, can now face 1 of the following in the next round: Juventus, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, Fenerbahce, Werder Bremen, AC Milan, Ajax

May and End of Season Update

Premier League

Stoke 1 - 2 Arsenal (Jermaine Pennant 2'; Jesé 80', Aaron Ramsey 90+1')

Our march to another league title continued. Moyes' Stoke really put up a tough resistant but in the end the second-string pulled off a victory. Ramsey scoring the winner was quite sweet, I must say.

Arsenal 3 - 3 Everton (Theo Walcott 10', Marco Reus 59', Mohammed Abdellaoue 85'; Leighton Baines 3', David Bentley 14', Diniyar Bilyaletdinov 40')

If we had won this game, we would've won the league. For some reason, though, my team buckled under the pressure and were 3-1 down at half-time. Strangely, their morale at half-time was all low and to make matters more difficult, my passionate team talk had zero effect on them. Thankfully, we managed to get another two goals out of somewhere, but really didn't do enough to win the game. The result meant little in the title race, since we had a six point lead over City before hand and a four point lead with two games to go afterwards.

Fulham 0 - 5 Arsenal (Jack Wilshere 4', Theo Walcott 51', John Arne Riise 54', Robin van Persie 70' 88')

And this was the performance that won us the title. Comfortable from the start, we played some dazzling stuff worthy of champions. This win also capped off a great week, after we won the FA Cup final just a few days before.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Manchester City (Robin van Persie 2' 33')

At the start of April, I looked at this fixture as the "final" of the season. City and us were on equal points, both unbeaten and both looking head and shoulders above the rest. As I predicted, though, the sudden change of management at City saw their title challenge falter at the most important stage. Beating them here was just rubbing salt into the wounds.

So here is the final league table:

leaguetablemay2013.png

Still no defeat in the league, and given some of our performances this season I'm struggling to work out how. 76 games unbeaten is nice and all, but in some ways I don't think we're worthy of such an accomplishment. I'm pretty sure it'll come to an end, soon.

Player wise, the awards were:

Footballer of the Year: Robin van Persie, Sergio Aguero (Man City), Javier Hernandez (Man Utd)

Players' Player of the Year: Yaya Toure (Man City), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Luka Modric (Tottenham)

Players' Young Player of the Year: Marco Reus, Gylfi Sigurdsson (Wolves), Gareth Bale (Tottenham)

Golden Glove: Joe Hart (Man City, 23), Petr Cech (Chelsea, 18), Wojceich Szczesny (15)

Champions League

Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg

Arsenal (5) 3 - 2 (2) Real Madrid (Per Mertesacker 24', Marouane Chamakh 28', Dusan Tadic 65'; Cristiano Ronaldo 4', pen 44')

After a fantastic first leg result, I was weary of a Madrid backlash in the return. Ronaldo scoring early almost vindicated my concern, but a couple of goals from set-pieces wrapped up the tie and booked our place into the final.

Champions League Final

Barcelona 1 - 2 Arsenal (Javier Mascherano 85'; Aaron Ramsey 8', Laurent Koscielny 90+3')

Definitely one of my more dramatic games this season. Ramsey scored early on and we looked good for the remainder of the game, until Mascherano scored a goal that was suspiciously offside. With a minute left to go in stoppage time, Koscielny rose above everybody to get his head on Wilshere's corner to win us the Champions League.

Overall, it was certainly hard work getting to the final with United and Madrid in our way and I have learned the value of playing five at the back and parking the bus, which is something I don't usually do. That's my advice for anyone struggling to find success in Europe: don't be afriad to deploy ultra-defensive tactics. It works. Most of the time.

FA Cup

FA Cup Final

Arsenal 1 - 0 Blackburn (Marco Reus 26')

One of those cup finals where we never looked in danger of losing, like the Carling Cup final earlier in the year. It took a screamer from Reus to win it, but Blackburn were hardly threatening.

Accomplishments

Win the Premier League (Completed)

Win the Champions League (Completed)

Win the FA Cup (Completed)

Win the Carling Cup (Completed)

Win the Community Shield (Completed)

Win the European Super Cup

Win the Club World Championships

Win two consecutive Premier League trophies (Completed)

Win two consecutive Champions League trophies (1/2)

Break Arsenal's unbeaten record (Completed)

So only three more things left to do until I've done everything on my list. Next season could be my last on this save.

The Players

Top Goalscorers

Robin van Persie - 27

Marco Reus - 17

Dusan Tadic - 15

Thomas Vermaelen - 10

Theo Walcott - 10

Top Assisstants

Robin van Persie - 30 (!)

Marco Reus - 12

Dusan Tadic - 12

Theo Walcott - 10

Jack Wilshere - 9

Yeah, van Persie's totals this year were nothing short of outstanding. If he doesn't win the Golden Ball next year, then I'll lose all hope that anyone other than Messi on this game can win it. I even photographical evidence of these statistics: Captain Vantastic.

On top of that, here are some screenshots of the kids in the squad:

Wojciech Szczesny - He's been number one since the start and has developed well. He just needs a bit more work on a couple of mental attributes and he'll be one of the best keepers on the game.

Kyle Bartley - Bartley has developed really well and is one of my backup centre backs.

Kieran Gibbs - I looked at his attributes and think he's not quite good enough to be starting every week, but his performances tell me otherwise. Pretty solid player.

Francis Coquelin - I think he'll be a bit of a late bloomer, but he's a good solid player at the moment.

Aaron Ramsey - Ramsey is coming along well and will soon take over Arteta in the side.

Jack Wilshere - The crown jewel, if you will. He didn't have a great season this year, but he's always getting better. Those mentals are awesome.

Jesé - The biggest "project" I have going on. He's steadily improving, but still needs a lot of work. I'm convinced he'll come good, though.

Other

Well, a quadrople is in the bag but I think the squad needs a little bit of adjustment. Quite a few players will be leaving, so a couple may come on. Mostly, it'll probably be some youngsters.

Archived