FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

Don't mean to be pedantic, but what about Barca and (maybe) Dortmund? I could be wrong though but they spring to mind as having a higher average attendance?

just found this.

Average

Attendance

Season

Stadium and city

Country

FC Barcelona

80,153[1]

2010–11

Camp Nou, Barcelona

Spain

Borussia Dortmund

79,250[2]

2010–11

Westfalenstadion, Dortmund

Germany

Manchester United

75,109[3]

2010–11

Old Trafford, Manchester

England

Real Madrid

70,736[1]

2010–11

Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Madrid

Spain

Bayern Munich

69,000[2]

2010–11

Allianz Arena, Munich

Germany

Schalke 04

61,248[2]

2010–11

Veltins-Arena, Gelsenkirchen

Germany

Arsenal

60,025[3]

2010–11

Emirates Stadium, London

England

Hamburger SV

54,445[2]

2010–11

Imtech Arena, Hamburg

Germany

Milan

53,528[4]

2010–11

San Siro, Milan

Italy

Marseille

51,081[5]

2010–11

Stade Vélodrome, Marseille

France

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think everyones more bothered about getting to grips atm, but as we are on the subject, i've got 2 to put forward, but i'm sure they wont last long!

65% Possession

ManUtdvQPRInformation_Overview.png

£47mil Transfer For Eden Hazard

EdenHazardHistory_CareerStats.png

Nice! Added them.

Good to see game being realistic! :D

every one seems to be beating qpr 5-0 hahahahaha ....rooney and berba got doubles for me...i beat sunderland 0-1 and lost to wigan 0-1 at home wtf ...28 shots to 3 and i had 60% poss ...meh

Unlucky.

:( Looks like there's a major corner bug. Won 6-1 against Man City in the Community Shield. 4 were from corners, Ferdinand getting a hat-trick. How lame.

What is your corner set-up?

Don't mean to be pedantic, but what about Barca and (maybe) Dortmund? I could be wrong though but they spring to mind as having a higher average attendance?

I took them from Wikipedia, so if they're wrong then I'm wrong as well. :D

Fabio MVP‎: with the records section do you want them from the demo or not?

I'm accepting the records from the Demo as well as from the full game whether it's patched or not, so feel free to post them if you have any. :thup:

There kinda like a bogey team on FM, as are Wolves, I despise Wolves on FM haha.

I never had bogey team on FM TBH, but there are some teams I don't like playing against despite me being a lot stronger.

After the draw with Sunderland I was looking for a strong response from the team which I got in a 6-1 thumping of Wigan with Rooney scoring 4. The next game was a tough away trip to Aston Villa which we dominated and ran out 4-0 winners. After that came the first champions league group stage tie against my second favourite team Lille which we won 2-0, next up is a trip to Anfield...

Unlucky.

What is your corner set-up?

I took them from Wikipedia, so if they're wrong then I'm wrong as well. :D

I'm accepting the records from the Demo as well as from the full game whether it's patched or not, so feel free to post them if you have any. :thup:

Corner set up is just the default. It has Ferdinand attacking near post and Vidic attacking far post.

I've only scored one more goal from a corner since though... But 4 goals is excessive.

Btw, I don't think you should take records for the demo, not for the transfer ones anyway as I don't know about anyone else but I usually go crazy with transfers knowing that I'll only be playing half a season...

And just lost 3-2 to Liverpool. :(

Nani scored a practically exact replica of his goal vs Chelsea though! Was awesome.

5, Jesus Christ, the hell happened haha

Was really annoying... 3 of the 5 should have stood which Welbeck scored! Hernandez put them to the sword though with 2 goals, but then my laptop switched off before final wistle!

Not to worry, I came back and beat them 3 - 1 after a horrible first half, I gave them the good old Hairdryer treatment at half time lol!

Corner set up is just the default. It has Ferdinand attacking near post and Vidic attacking far post.

I've only scored one more goal from a corner since though... But 4 goals is excessive.

Btw, I don't think you should take records for the demo, not for the transfer ones anyway as I don't know about anyone else but I usually go crazy with transfers knowing that I'll only be playing half a season...

And just lost 3-2 to Liverpool. :(

Nani scored a practically exact replica of his goal vs Chelsea though! Was awesome.

I do understand you about the records, but TBH Tactics Master wasn't doing that on purpose. If there is suspicious of someone deliberately doing that, then I'll consider that.

Well started the game and was a little bit underwhelmed by my first two results in the Friendlies. I think United's squad is pretty strong at the start of the game, so would expect a slight mirror of real life with some great scorelines in Pre-Season. However I struggled a bit with 1-0 and 2-0 wins. I even managed to nearly get beaten by the Reserves in the Inter Club Game, just sneaking out a 3-2 win in Fergie Time.

I then went back and loaded my tactic I'd used in FM2011. So took to the pitch in the next four games with a tactic that brought me a ton of success in the last game and is as Mike Bassett would say a 4-4-2 which proves there still is a place for the formation in the game. Here are my results:

- Manchester United 6 - Nimes 0

- Manchester United 6 - Internacional 3, I noticed De Gea looks his Dodgy Self when the balls in the air. I assume his control or dominace of area stat will be lowered for the full release.

- Manchester United 4 - Juventus 1, very pleasing result against a good team. Especially as I switched my starting lineup round quite a bit and brought in new players.

- Manchester United 2 - Sao Paulo 0

I know the Sao Paulo result looked quite tame, but as the video shows we had all the posession and chances, and wasted some really, had a poor finishing day. However the quality of retaining the ball, the movement, the runs completed all show positive signs my old tactis is starting to gel nicely with the 2012 Team and match engine. I also have to say I think Fabio's Goal was one of quality and one of the best efforts I've seen in any highlight video.

So time to crunch on and see what I can do now the real games are about to start. Champions by Christmas? I very much hope so.

Well started the game and was a little bit underwhelmed by my first two results in the Friendlies. I think United's squad is pretty strong at the start of the game, so would expect a slight mirror of real life with some great scorelines in Pre-Season. However I struggled a bit with 1-0 and 2-0 wins. I even managed to nearly get beaten by the Reserves in the Inter Club Game, just sneaking out a 3-2 win in Fergie Time.

I then went back and loaded my tactic I'd used in FM2011. So took to the pitch in the next four games with a tactic that brought me a ton of success in the last game and is as Mike Bassett would say a 4-4-2 which proves there still is a place for the formation in the game. Here are my results:

- Manchester United 6 - Nimes 0

- Manchester United 6 - Internacional 3, I noticed De Gea looks his Dodgy Self when the balls in the air. I assume his control or dominace of area stat will be lowered for the full release.

- Manchester United 4 - Juventus 1, very pleasing result against a good team. Especially as I switched my starting lineup round quite a bit and brought in new players.

- Manchester United 2 - Sao Paulo 0

I know the Sao Paulo result looked quite tame, but as the video shows we had all the posession and chances, and wasted some really, had a poor finishing day. However the quality of retaining the ball, the movement, the runs completed all show positive signs my old tactis is starting to gel nicely with the 2012 Team and match engine. I also have to say I think Fabio's Goal was one of quality and one of the best efforts I've seen in any highlight video.

So time to crunch on and see what I can do now the real games are about to start. Champions by Christmas? I very much hope so.

Everything from the Demo will be in full release, so nothing will change. Very good start though. :thup:

I'm not saying anyone's being unfair, lol. Just simply saying imo they should be void. But it's not even a big deal.

Some people will maybe continue with their save games in the full version, but as you said it shouldn't be a big deal. Anyway I will treat the records fairly if you know hat I mean. :thup:

Had a good start to my Utd career in FM12. Although I've had two upsets.

I lost to City on pen's in the community shield. Hamsik was the only player to miss. Unfortunate because it was his debut. I then lost 3-1 to Napoli in the Champs league. Disappointed with that!

But on the positive, 6 games play in the league. 12 scored and 0 conceded. Rio and Vidic being solid as always. I seem to be scoring early on and then holding onto the lead. C'mon utd!

Had a good start to my Utd career in FM12. Although I've had two upsets.

I lost to City on pen's in the community shield. Hamsik was the only player to miss. Unfortunate because it was his debut. I then lost 3-1 to Napoli in the Champs league. Disappointed with that!

But on the positive, 6 games play in the league. 12 scored and 0 conceded. Rio and Vidic being solid as always. I seem to be scoring early on and then holding onto the lead. C'mon utd!

How much did you pay for Hamsik?

Do you still play Anderson.

Yes, in rotation. I don't normally play Ando along side Hamsik, but if I do he will play as a Centre Midfielder with a support role. Ando just got man of the match against Ajax while Hamsik was resting. Good stuff :)

Well broke United's Transfer Record twice in the opening window.

hazard.png

And no I didn't ask the board to make this deal for me. Just offered loads over 48 months.

What was the reasoning behind buying Rossi? Honestly for me, Hernandez Berbatov Rooney and Welbeck are more than enough.

Hazard is a good buy, despite £50m.

I bought Rossi as wanted someone who could play Attacking/Wide Midfield as well as up front. You see I hate Berbatov so I sold him to Juventus first day in the game, along with the other United duffers such as Carrick, PIG and Gibson. I also expect to part with Park or Valencia as I never keep them in my games and I'd expect Giggs to retire at the end of the 1st Season. So Rossi a useful player.

I also signed Douglas Costa but he broke his hamstring in the Community Shield defeat to Man City, thus prompting my ludicrous bid for Hazard because I'd already failed in my bid to sign Messi.

I still think we only need back-up for Rafael and back-up for Young in the first season. So, who are people buying for those two positions?

I feel Smalling and Fabio do well at right back so I haven't invested in that area. I might have to in the 2nd season since Rio will be one year older and Smalling will be able to go back to his more natural position. Giggs still does a job for me on the left, but have the same situation as the right back. So I will have to invest in the left midfield in the 2nd season.

I still think we only need back-up for Rafael and back-up for Young in the first season. So, who are people buying for those two positions?

I decided to sign vrsajlko for DR as only £1m and xhedran shaqiri for cover for young. paid 7m for shaqiri. I had a bid of £9m accepted for douglas costa also but for some reason went for shaqiri. slightly regretting that now (no fault of shaqiri though as not played a game yet). I am trying to find a good CM also but want a good ball winner who is better than fletcher. anyone have any suggestions.

I decided to sign vrsajlko for DR as only £1m and xhedran shaqiri for cover for young. paid 7m for shaqiri. I had a bid of £9m accepted for douglas costa also but for some reason went for shaqiri. slightly regretting that now (no fault of shaqiri though as not played a game yet). I am trying to find a good CM also but want a good ball winner who is better than fletcher. anyone have any suggestions.

Fletcher is always amazing fo me. One of the best ball winning midfielders in game TBH.

This I agree with. His mental stats are quality and his technical are solid.

I like fletcher but want someone to rotate with him that is equally as good. I hate carrick so want to sell him and use ando, cleverley and giggs as the creative players.

Have had a bid of £15m turned down for m'vila and moussa sissoko already

Yes, in rotation. I don't normally play Ando along side Hamsik, but if I do he will play as a Centre Midfielder with a support role. Ando just got man of the match against Ajax while Hamsik was resting. Good stuff :)

Glad to see you are :)

It's a small database on the Demo, so there aren't many player plus I'll go with the large database in full game plus some other players added, but I'll most probably go for Srna/Reveillere/Van Der Wiele/Gonul for my DR back-up and Vargas or Bastos as my AML back-up.

As Fletcher has started the Demo injured. I've been using Jones as the Ball Winning Midfielder role. He seems pretty good at that and with some training in that position could be very awesome cover.

Really looking forward to the full game as Jones and Smalling are going to be so useful, heck I might even keep Evans this time around. Ferdinand definitely has to go though. He's past it.

I personally don't think another right back is a necessity. But I'm fine with playing players in 'Accomplished' positions. You have Fabio, Smalling and Jones who all have great potential and can play at right back (think Jones is only competent though), so I see it as an opportunity for game time. :)

I decided to try out Kagawa, got him for £23m. He's an AMC but can play AML and AMR. He's not been too great but Young and Nani are playing brilliantly in my 4-2-4 formation (442 with AML, AMR) so he doesn't get much time as an AMC and is more a back up atm.

I personally don't think another right back is a necessity. But I'm fine with playing players in 'Accomplished' positions. You have Fabio, Smalling and Jones who all have great potential and can play at right back (think Jones is only competent though), so I see it as an opportunity for game time. :)

I decided to try out Kagawa, got him for £23m. He's an AMC but can play AML and AMR. He's not been too great but Young and Nani are playing brilliantly in my 4-2-4 formation (442 with AML, AMR) so he doesn't get much time as an AMC and is more a back up atm.

I never play players in their unnatural (sp?) positions. That's just my personal preference. I intend to use Fabio as a rotaion for Evra. Smalling will be back-up for Rio and Evans rotation for Rio while Jones will be rotation for Vidić.

As Fletcher has started the Demo injured. I've been using Jones as the Ball Winning Midfielder role. He seems pretty good at that and with some training in that position could be very awesome cover.

Really looking forward to the full game as Jones and Smalling are going to be so useful, heck I might even keep Evans this time around. Ferdinand definitely has to go though. He's past it.

personally i want to keep jones and smalling as DC as they are without doubt my long term partnership. for that reason i dont want to play them out of position unless i have a major injury crisis. I would imagine come the full game i will get rid of Carrick / Park / Gibson / Berbatov / Diouf / Owen to hopefully raise some money to buy a few decent youngsters as well as a good DM and AML.

Who are people finding to be hot prospects for the future? I'm not thinking of our own players. I want to have in mind such players, so I can consider buying them in the second season.

Leandro Damiao ST looks absolute class.

Just signed sven bender from dortmund for £9.5m as rotation for fletcher. has some good stats. also had a bid of £9.5m accepted for javi garcia from benfica also but went for bender instead as slightly better defensively which i wanted

Leandro Damiao ST looks absolute class.

Just signed sven bender from dortmund for £9.5m as rotation for fletcher. has some good stats. also had a bid of £9.5m accepted for javi garcia from benfica also but went for bender instead as slightly better defensively which i wanted

I second Leandro Damiao.

Archived