FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

Never said.. Great OP Fabio! :D Well done, much better than previous years IMO.

Back to my team!

Just finished Man City game for the Community Shield and won 2 - 1! We dominated possession with 60%, Nani scored a 25 yard free kick and Eden Hazard scored a smashing header from a Nani free kick. Yaya Toure got himself sent off for bringing down Last Man Hernandez :D Nani scored the resulting free kick.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never said.. Great OP Fabio! :D Well done, much better than previous years IMO.

Back to my team!

Just finished Man City game for the Community Shield and won 2 - 1! We dominated possession with 60%, Nani scored a 25 yard free kick and Eden Hazard scored a smashing header from a Nani free kick. Yaya Toure got himself sent off for bringing down Last Man Hernandez :D Nani scored the resulting free kick.

Thanks Tactic Master. :) Hazard scoring a header. :D Nice start.

Yeah I was a bit confused by that too with his not so strong heading ability! He barged his way through to get his head on it though! Strange thing is, I told Nani to go for the best header.... rofl!

Realism at it's best as Nani is terrible decisions maker!!!

Try Ganso instead though I don't think you need any of them. :)

I love Ganso but he never really does anything when I sign him and your rite, as its the demo I just wanna waste some money as I'll be starting new when the Full Game is out :D

Looking forward to the full game, got some decent tactics set up in the demo already.

I do think some players like Cleverley and Welbeck are a tad underrated, might slightly improve them myself before I start my real United game on the 21st.

You guys think it would be feasible to look for the youth, as I have been thinking about getting Barkley and Mceachran, and try and secure Shaqiri after the first season? Dont want to get caught with too little experience the first season.

I love Ganso but he never really does anything when I sign him and your rite, as its the demo I just wanna waste some money as I'll be starting new when the Full Game is out :D

Not just because of that, but you also have Giggs, Anderson, Cleverley and Gibson in that supportive midfielder role.

Looking forward to the full game, got some decent tactics set up in the demo already.

I do think some players like Cleverley and Welbeck are a tad underrated, might slightly improve them myself before I start my real United game on the 21st.

You guys think it would be feasible to look for the youth, as I have been thinking about getting Barkley and Mceachran, and try and secure Shaqiri after the first season? Dont want to get caught with too little experience the first season.

If your gonna continue your demo save on the full game then I think its good looking for youth and maybe signing some as well. Barkley looks great too, think I might try and sign him as well :thup:

Not just because of that, but you also have Giggs, Anderson, Cleverley and Gibson in that supportive midfielder role.

Anderson is just as good as ever, gonna rotate him and Cleverley and give Giggs a few games too.

I signed Douglas Costa for £9m on my save and it looks an absolute bargain. 3 goals in his first 2 games, including two 25 yard freekicks in a 3-2 victory at Anfield :cool:

I also promoted Ravel Morrison to the first team and despite not having fantastic stats, he made an immediate impact scoring twice in his first 2 games. He still refuses to be tutored though.. I've tried it with Giggs, Carrick and Fletcher but he always "aggressively" storms out :lol:

I signed Douglas Costa for £9m on my save and it looks an absolute bargain. 3 goals in his first 2 games, including two 25 yard freekicks in a 3-2 victory at Anfield :cool:

I also promoted Ravel Morrison to the first team and despite not having fantastic stats, he made an immediate impact scoring twice in his first 2 games. He still refuses to be tutored though.. I've tried it with Giggs, Carrick and Fletcher but he always "aggressively" storms out :lol:

Let us know how Ravel performs in the future. :)

Great OP Fabio :thup:

Anyway had a fantastic pre-season, winning all the friendlies. By the looks of it we seem to be carrying it on into the competitive games.

334lvkj.png

Nani's second goal was a peach and as such I've uploaded it to youtube :

Great OP Fabio :thup:

Anyway had a fantastic pre-season, winning all the friendlies. By the looks of it we seem to be carrying it on into the competitive games.

334lvkj.png

Nani's second goal was a peach and as such I've uploaded it to youtube :

Not as great as your start of the season! :D Thanks mate. :)

In the past FM i never liked him as he would always say that he has lost motivation and wants to move to a new club.

You could always try him again, hes a good decent back up, can replace Evra as well if hes given the time. You could always use Evans as well, ino hes not the best but hes decent enough. No idea who you could sign, its hard to find a decent LB for a good price.

You could always try him again, hes a good decent back up, can replace Evra as well if hes given the time. You could always use Evans as well, ino hes not the best but hes decent enough. No idea who you could sign, its hard to find a decent LB for a good price.

what about cissokho. he is pretty good, not sure how much he cost though.

Season so far...

Community Shield - Man City 1 - 2 Man utd (Nani, Hazard) - 60% Possession, Rooney Missed Penalty

Premiership - Man Utd 5 - 0 QPR (Berbatov, Rooney x2, Giggs, Young) - 65% Possession, Easy Game

Premiership - Sunderland 0 - 1 Man Utd (Welbeck) - 62% Possesion, Difficult Game

Premiership - Man Utd 2 - 0 Wigan (Vidic, Welbeck) - 52% Possession, Relaxed Game

Premiership - Aston Villa 2 - 3 Man Utd (Berbatov, Young, Fletcher) - 48% Possession, Quality Game

Champs League - Man Utd 3 - 0 Trabzonspor (Berbatov, Fletcher, Vidic) - 59% Possession, 27 shots At, 0 shots against!

Premiership Game

LiverpoolvManUtdInformation_Overview.png

This was fun to watch as Liverpool failed to get shots on target, let alone score! We didn't need possession here to dominate them!

Wayne Rooney was injured for 3 months against Wigan, so i've been taking advantage of the amount of strikers we have at Man Utd :D

Season so far...

Community Shield - Man City 1 - 2 Man utd (Nani, Hazard) - 60% Possession, Rooney Missed Penalty

Premiership - Man Utd 5 - 0 QPR (Berbatov, Rooney x2, Giggs, Young) - 65% Possession, Easy Game

Premiership - Sunderland 0 - 1 Man Utd (Welbeck) - 62% Possesion, Difficult Game

Premiership - Man Utd 2 - 0 Wigan (Vidic, Welbeck) - 52% Possession, Relaxed Game

Premiership - Aston Villa 2 - 3 Man Utd (Berbatov, Young, Fletcher) - 48% Possession, Quality Game

Champs League - Man Utd 3 - 0 Trabzonspor (Berbatov, Fletcher, Vidic) - 59% Possession, 27 shots At, 0 shots against!

Premiership Game

This was fun to watch as Liverpool failed to get shots on target, let alone score! We didn't need possession here to dominate them!

Wayne Rooney was injured for 3 months against Wigan, so i've been taking advantage of the amount of strikers we have at Man Utd :D

That's a great start there, how much did you pay for Hazard :confused:

That's a great start there, how much did you pay for Hazard :confused:

As I was saying earlier, I may a huge mistake after getting a £13mil bid rejected, I asked the board to sort it out and they gave him 88k a week for £47mil.... Wont be asking the board for help in the full game haha!

My tactics are working very well. I've been using my 4-4-2 Diamond (own creation) against difficult teams like Man City, Liverpool, Tottenham. Then I used my 4-1-2-3 against easier teams, with the only problem coming against Aston Villa.

Has anyone been using Welbeck? He's an absolute beast on this version! He's like a super sub, hes played 1(4) games for me and scored 6!

Could try him, could cost between 10m - 15m

for the full game you could maybe try the lad at celtic izaguirre. he looks pretty good but injured for 8 months at the start. i have no idea of his PA or anything but i would imagine he would be decent on fm12 as had a very good season last year.

am i not right in thinking though that he should not be injured at the start of the game. is it not the case that if you are not injured prior to the start of the season then players are fit at the start of the game. please correct me if i am completely incorrect but could have sworn i read this somewhere on this forum last year.

for the full game you could maybe try the lad at celtic izaguirre. he looks pretty good but injured for 8 months at the start. i have no idea of his PA or anything but i would imagine he would be decent on fm12 as had a very good season last year.

am i not right in thinking though that he should not be injured at the start of the game. is it not the case that if you are not injured prior to the start of the season then players are fit at the start of the game. please correct me if i am completely incorrect but could have sworn i read this somewhere on this forum last year.

SI will probably add his injury on the first day patch I should imagine.

Am doing pretty well 10 games in, dominating the league atm and scoring for fun :) Rooney, Hernandez, Young and Anderson have been my star players.

Rooney - 16 Games 12 Goals 7 Assists

Hernandez - 16 Games 13 Goals 2 Assists

Young - 15 Games 8 Goals 6 Assists

Anderson 15 Games 4 Goals 11 Assists

tablexp.png

what about cissokho. he is pretty good, not sure how much he cost though.

Seconded.

great work fabio !

really help me out in a lot of things.

Only think that is bad from that OP is the picture. Its the stadium of Benfica. They are also called red devils :D

Haha. :D I knew that it wasn't OT, but given that there is Man Utd badge and it says Red Devils it was enough for me. :D

Season so far...

Premiership Game

Very nice start of the season.

SI will probably add his injury on the first day patch I should imagine.

I don't think so as injury cut off date was long time ago.

Am doing pretty well 10 games in, dominating the league atm and scoring for fun :) Rooney, Hernandez, Young and Anderson have been my star players.

Rooney - 16 Games 12 Goals 7 Assists

Hernandez - 16 Games 13 Goals 2 Assists

Young - 15 Games 8 Goals 6 Assists

Anderson 15 Games 4 Goals 11 Assists

tablexp.png

I must say quite impressed with Anderson's return. Top stuff.

Manchester United is reputed to be the most popular football club in the world, with the highest average home attendance in Europe.

Don't mean to be pedantic, but what about Barca and (maybe) Dortmund? I could be wrong though but they spring to mind as having a higher average attendance?

Archived