FM 2012: Manchester United team guide - CHAMP19NS and the most decorated club in England!

Fabio MVP

Thanks, and yeah Demirci is good in real life too, love watching him play

I'm so excited to play the game now, tomorrow afternoon can't come soon enough :D

If you're up for some more, can you check Ajax and Roma's teams for their younger players, Dennis Praet, Luca Ocampos, and Simon Skrabb? You don't have to upload them, but i'm giddy as i can get now and i just wanna look for players! :(

Thanks for uploading those pics btw, it's boring to do i know!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, and yeah Demirci is good in real life too, love watching him play

I'm so excited to play the game now, tomorrow afternoon can't come soon enough :D

If you're up for some more, can you check Ajax and Roma's teams for their younger players, Dennis Praet, Luca Ocampos, and Simon Skrabb? You don't have to upload them, but i'm giddy as i can get now and i just wanna look for players! :(

Thanks for uploading those pics btw, it's boring to do i know!

Its fine :), they shall be up in 2 mins, got nothing better to do than play FIFA anyway haha :D

Edit:

I can't find any of those, it maybe because its the Demo and its the quick-start scenario, sorry mate, maybe someone else may be able to find them ?

Chriisy thank you for posting SS', but could we please only post SS' of our players in here? :) There should be a thread in this sub-forum for requesting any other players' SS'. Sorry to be pedant, but that's just the way it should be! :D

Chriisy thank you for posting SS', but could we please only post SS' of our players in here? :) There should be a thread in this sub-forum for requesting any other players' SS'. Sorry to be pedant, but that's just the way it should be! :D

Sorrrryyyy, totally forgot :D

Its fine :), they shall be up in 2 mins, got nothing better to do than play FIFA anyway haha :D

Edit:

I can't find any of those, it maybe because its the Demo and its the quick-start scenario, sorry mate, maybe someone else may be able to find them ?

Yeah no worries, didn't even think Demirici would be in the demo. Been waiting like 3 versions of FM for him to be in, so i'm buzzing

Thanks for your effort :D

Nice 4 - 0 opening Premier League win against QPR :p And great work Fabio :thup:

Also loving that last Picture, its Brilliant :D

Thank you mate. You seem to have a very good start which is always difficult in the first season. :thup:

Thank you mate. You seem to have a very good start which is always difficult in the first season. :thup:

I usually have slow starts and then build my way into form. Just beat Sunderland away 4 - 1 which I think is pretty decent :)

I usually have slow starts and then build my way into form. Just beat Sunderland away 4 - 1 which I think is pretty decent :)

I'm the same. In first season I never expect anything from my team until September then I try to achieve board's requests.

I'm the same. In first season I never expect anything from my team until September then I try to achieve board's requests.

Gotta give time for your players to settle in and get used to your Tactic, sometimes you might get lucky and pull out a few amazing results :)

I like to play with a DM so I am retraining Jones to DMC and signed Walter Gargano who seems like a good anchor man type for now and Tolga Cigerici for the future. Signed Van der Wiel to rotate with Rafael and I got Thiago on a loan from Barca to play in the hole and spell Giggs' aging legs.

Edit: here are some screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/2xccn#OdUz1

I like to play with a DM so I am retraining Jones to DMC and signed Walter Gargano who seems like a good anchor man type for now and Tolga Cigerici for the future. Signed Van der Wiel to rotate with Rafael and I got Thiago on a loan from Barca to play in the hole and spell Giggs' aging legs.

Edit: here are some screenshots. http://imgur.com/a/2xccn#OdUz1

I'd appreciate if you would let me know how Thiago performs for you. I'm strongly thinking of buying him in the future seasons. Why there are no data below player's picture on your SS'? You should report it as a bug.

well done fabio MVP ...awesome opening thread. looking forward to another awesome career with the champ19ns

Thank you. :thup:

Great job on the opening post Fabio \o/

Starting on a save now and the squad looks complete with the new signings but there's not much change with the players though!

Looking to play 4-5-1 and offload a couple of strikers including Berbatov!

Good choice! Im gonna retrain Jones to DMC too!

Great job on the opening post Fabio \o/

Starting on a save now and the squad looks complete with the new signings but there's not much change with the players though!

Looking to play 4-5-1 and offload a couple of strikers including Berbatov!

Good choice! Im gonna retrain Jones to DMC too!

Thank you, my favorite player. :)

Excellent thread mate :thup:

Cheers mate. :thup:

We have pretty decent depth this year, so it looks like the only purchases I'll make is cover for AML and DR. I want to offload Carrick, but don't know how easy it is to sell players.

Exactly the positions where I suggested investment. :) I wouldn't sell anyone in the first season though.

We have pretty decent depth this year, so it looks like the only purchases I'll make is cover for AML and DR. I want to offload Carrick, but don't know how easy it is to sell players.

We have Smalling who can play DR and Park/Cleverley/Giggs who can play AML! A good enough squad imo! And it's amazing how unwanted Gibbo is!

Great OP Fabio, well done!

Can't wait to get started on this, FM12 promises to be the best yet!

Thanks! I feel the same indeed!

We have Smalling who can play DR and Park/Cleverley/Giggs who can play AML! A good enough squad imo! And it's amazing how unwanted Gibbo is!

True, but those are not their natural positions and I never play players in their unnatural (sp?) positions. :(

Hmm I completely forgot about Cleverley being able to play on the wings. Keeping Giggs in the centre to begin with so he isn't sprinting everywhere. I probably won't make a signing if I'm honest and keep our tiny tiny budget as a backup for the worst injury crisis, or in case a great player get's transfer listed. I don't mind Gibson too much, but I just can't see a place for him in the team if I'm honest.

True, I do that for my starting 11 too!

And like in FM11, Becks just won't sign for me :(

Becks being my favorite player, so I tried to sign him in previous versions, but I won't on this one unfortunately.

Great opening posts Fabio, really well written. Didn't post in the FM11 thread as usually I don't play as Manchester United, despite supporting them. This year however, with the likes of Jones, Smalling, De Gea, Progba, Cleverley etc, I think it will be a great save, so exciting to have some awesome young talent coming through.

For my demo I have finished pre-season and played a few competitive games:

Community Shield:

Man Utd 2 - 1 Man City (Jones getting a screamer on his debut from just outside the area)

Premier League:

Man Utd 5 - 0 QPR (dominating opening performance (Ferdinand, Rooney, Chicharito, Jones & Nani with the goals)

Sunderland 1 - 3 Man Utd (Rooney x2, Fletcher)

Have been handed quite a tough draw in the CL group stages. Dortmund, Shaktar and Olympiacos are all in our group.

Haven't signed anyone on a permanant deal as I really want to work with the squad we have. I did however bring in Thiago from Barcelona on a season long loan.

Becks being my favorite player, so I tried to sign him in previous versions, but I won't on this one unfortunately.

I always look to sign him but he just won't come! That's so unreal I am sure he will jump to sign for us IRL :(

lost to City on penalties in the Shield :(

beat QPR 3-1 with ten men, Chicharito got sent off and that's so unreal again!

Seeing a few shocking results in this version, Fulham thrashing Chelsea 6-2 at for instance :confused:

Thanks davehanson. That's a very nice start. Please do let me know how Thiago performs for you. He look awesome and I'll be looking to buy him.

DavidBeckham that's a nice start as well and really strange result. :D

Drakzul I just saw how good attributes Iker has! He is a beast for a 18 year old player! How much did you pay for him?

Bought him for 21m over 48 months - he was amazing last year and looks set to be amazing again this year :)

Is that in pounds? If so, you payed a lot though TBH. I wouldn't be prepared to pay more then 10 million pounds up front for him.

Is that in pounds? If so, you payed a lot though TBH. I wouldn't be prepared to pay more then 10 million pounds up front for him.

Yeah it is pounds - just wanted to make sure i got him - will play around in other saves on how much i can lower it but as i say he was amazing last year for me so he'll easilly pay off the transfer fee :)

Yeah it is pounds - just wanted to make sure i got him - will play around in other saves on how much i can lower it but as i say he was amazing last year for me so he'll easilly pay off the transfer fee :)

Fair enough then. I might as well use the Demo to play around a bit nd then begin playing properly on full game release date.

Hey guys, back for another year of fm! I shall, as always start a Man utd save, it would be un-manchesterutd like, not to...

Playing around on the Demo atm, signed 3 players, 1 being a bit of a mistake and something that will teach me a lesson!

First off, i'll use 2 tactics from my fm11 saves

1 is a 4-4-2 diamond which plays through the middle and the other is a 4-1-2-3 formation which plays super narrow!

I bought Andre Ayew, snatching him from wengers grasp at the death for his release fee of £11.25mil as we need a bit of an all-rounded CM imo. Carrick doesn't cut it! For my 4-1-2-3 formation.

I bought Marouane Fellaini from Everton for a pricey £15mil up front and £10mil after 30 goals for the club. We are in desperate need of a natural DMC after Hargreaves left. He will be used in both formations.

Lastly, i attempted to sign Eden Hazard as an AMC as Ryan Giggs is getting very old now (although still top quality) and is rated as a 3 star in AMC, and Cleverly isn't ready yet. I offered £13mil which was rejected and i chose to let the board deal with it... Huge mistake! 88k a week and £47mil... I wanted him, but not this badly! Only upside is he's considered the best AMC in my squad at 3 and a half stars.

Starting season now, will keep progress updated!

Hey guys, back for another year of fm! I shall, as always start a Man utd save, it would be un-manchesterutd like, not to...

Playing around on the Demo atm, signed 3 players, 1 being a bit of a mistake and something that will teach me a lesson!

First off, i'll use 2 tactics from my fm11 saves

1 is a 4-4-2 diamond which plays through the middle and the other is a 4-1-2-3 formation which plays super narrow!

I bought Andre Ayew, snatching him from wengers grasp at the death for his release fee of £11.25mil as we need a bit of an all-rounded CM imo. Carrick doesn't cut it! For my 4-1-2-3 formation.

I bought Marouane Fellaini from Everton for a pricey £15mil up front and £10mil after 30 goals for the club. We are in desperate need of a natural DMC after Hargreaves left. He will be used in both formations.

Lastly, i attempted to sign Eden Hazard as an AMC as Ryan Giggs is getting very old now (although still top quality) and is rated as a 3 star in AMC, and Cleverly isn't ready yet. I offered £13mil which was rejected and i chose to let the board deal with it... Huge mistake! 88k a week and £47mil... I wanted him, but not this badly! Only upside is he's considered the best AMC in my squad at 3 and a half stars.

Starting season now, will keep progress updated!

David Gill being poor businessman. :D

Like the changes to the transfer system this year. Finally can dump all the United Duffers in the opening week of a game. Very handy to get some much needed transfer funds with the poxy budget of 21 million if you say you can win the league. Managed to offload Diouf, Keane, Owen, Berbatov, Carrick and PIG before the 1st inter-club friendly. So much nicer then last years game where you couldn't sell anyone or loan anyone out.

Already signed two players in Modric and Rossi. Want a real attacking unit this year from the middle of the park upward. I think Defensively the team looks pretty sound with Jones and Smalling. Though do think you need a rightback. Srna keeps getting suggested to me buy staff at start, though I'm tempted to do a Fergie and just re-train Valencia.

Had a good read of the OP. very impressed fabio and a job well done.

Got to agree with most on here that this year with the good youngsters the club has i am really looking forward to fm12. Have to agree with your recommendations fabio for the squad. IMO we definitely need cover for rafael and ashley young so i will look to use the demo to find decent replacements for those. I will probably look to bring in a DM also to rotate with fletcher and will sell carrick as always.

Real shame about welbeck. sometimes i dont understand this game and the way they rate players. Welbeck has had 1 very good season with sunderland and a cracking start to this year so disappointed he has not been upgraded as imo he should have been and macheda downgraded.

anyway i have the next 9 days off of work and then the week of release date also so going to give this demo and then the full game a serious test before i start a career save with man utd.

Had a good read of the OP. very impressed fabio and a job well done.

Got to agree with most on here that this year with the good youngsters the club has i am really looking forward to fm12. Have to agree with your recommendations fabio for the squad. IMO we definitely need cover for rafael and ashley young so i will look to use the demo to find decent replacements for those. I will probably look to bring in a DM also to rotate with fletcher and will sell carrick as always.

Real shame about welbeck. sometimes i dont understand this game and the way they rate players. Welbeck has had 1 very good season with sunderland and a cracking start to this year so disappointed he has not been upgraded as imo he should have been and macheda downgraded.

anyway i have the next 9 days off of work and then the week of release date also so going to give this demo and then the full game a serious test before i start a career save with man utd.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate you reading everything. :) Unfortunately players are only rated based on the previous season, but still I fell he should be slightly upgraded from 11.3. re Danny

sime vrsaljko for dr. cheap as can be picked up for £1m. only issue is he is only 19 but a good player.

Vrsaljko is awesome just as in FM 2012. I'll definitely be taking a closer look on him.

Archived