[FM2012] FMUpdates England Levels 7 & 8 - Southern, Isthmian & Northern Leagues *Out Now*

Can you tell us which teams and which divisions they move to?

Also whether you loaded all players based in England?

Yes i have loaded all players based in England.

2nd season ryamn 1 south have Ilkeston, Sheffield,Leek, Belper, Barwell,Rushall, New Mills, Newcastle Town, Mickleover, Warrington, Sutton Coldfield, Gresley,Quorm, Coalville,Loughborough D, Retford, Woodley Sports, Romulas, Market Drayton, Cammell Laird, Atherstone & Kidsgrove. Ryman 1 N have St Neots, Hemel Hempstead, Hitchin, Kings Lynn, Enfield, Leiston, Maldon & Tiptree, Afc Hornchurch, Aylesbrough Utd, Needham Market, Hucknall, Stamford, Ware, Northwood, Chatham, Biggleswade Town, Waltham Abbey, Harlow, Cheshunt, Afc Sudbury, Potters Bar & Shepshed

Southren League south/west have Dulwich Hamlet, Walton Casuals, Redbridge, Bracknall, Brentwood, Ashford Middlesex, Tilbury, Aveley, Met Police, Gosport, Poole Town, Great Wakering, Wimborne, Croydan Athletic, Thamesmead, Ilford, Bedfront Town, Vcd Atheltic, Beaconsfiled, Afc Hayes, Hillingdon & Waltham Forest. Southren Central have Barton Rovers, Whitehawk, Horsham YMCA, Crawley Down, Sittingbourne, Merstham, Ramsgate, Walton & Hersham, Horsham, Fleet, Bognor Regis, Worthing, Godalming, Hythe, Chersty, Folkstone, Chalfont St Peters, Whyteleafe, Burham, Chipstead, Whistable & Faversham

Northern 1 North have Afc Hyde, Clitheroe, Bedlington, Whitby, Bamber Rangers, Skelmersdale, Scarborough Athletic, Burscrough, Cuzon Ashton, Witton, Whitley Bay, Goole, Brigg, Harrogate Railway, Farsley, Ossett Town, Durham, Wakefield, Mossley, Ossett Albion, Garforth, Salford. Northern 1 South have Bridwater, Tiverton, Halesowen, Stourbridge, Mangotsfield, Yate, Taunton, Cinderford, Clevedon, Abingdon utd, Marlow, Bideford, Rugby, Stourport, Daventry, Bishops Cleeve, Bedworth, Hungerford, Thatcham, Aylesbury, Northleigh & Woodford Utd

Ryman Priemer have Margate, Cray, Carshalton, Lowestoft, Worcester, Lewes, Harlow, Hendon, Billericay, Didcot, Wealdstone, East Thurrock, Hastings Utd, Tooting & Mitcham, Wingate & Finchley, Slough, Leatherhead, Leamington, Arlesey, Canvey Island, Heybridge & Corncord Rangers.

Southren Priemer have Grays Atheltic, Brackley, Corinthian-Casuals, Staines, Oxford City, Maidstone, Maidenhead, Thurrock, Weymouth, Frome, Redditch, Chesham, Bedford, Uxbridge, Supermarine, Cambridge City, Banbury, Paulton, Tooton, Cirencester, Evesham & Bashley

Northren Priemer have Guiseley, Northwich, Hendesford, Worksop, Chorley, Harrogate, Carlton, Nantwich, Kendal, Buxton, Radcliffle Boro, Lancaster, Bradford PA, Frickley, Grantham, Matlock, Stocksbridge, Chasetown, Stafford, Ashton Utd, Marine & North Ferriby

Quite too many teams moving to the wrong areas of the country, a few teams moving i can understand but not the most.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FMUpdates England Levels 7 & 8 - Southern, Isthmian & Northern Leagues

FMUpdates.png

As Uncle Ron has mentioned the England Levels 7 & 8 expansion will be released under the FMUpdates umbrella.

You can register on the FMUpdates forum to receive the latest information on our releases. Just click on the logo.

We will always post a direct link to the download on this thread and we will not force you to download through the FMUpdates forum.

v6.1 IS NOW AVAILABLE!

This release is only available in one version which does not include County FA Cups.

Version 6.1 for FM2012 Default Database ONLY - DOWNLOAD HERE***By downloading this file you agree not to re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining our express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'***

Version 6.1 for FM2012 Default Database ONLY *WITH COUNTY CUPS DISABLED* - DOWNLOAD HERE***By downloading this file you agree not to re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining our express prior permission - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'***

Version 6.1 is compatible with the FM2012 Default Database (12.0.0) and the latest FM2012 Version (12.0.4) only. Later versions will not be supported until tested however minor versions will usually be fine.

The default version has active County Cups when Level 7 is active in the game. Once you make Level 7 inactive the cups will not be playable until Level 7 is activated again.

See the bottom of this post for the complete changelist.

Levels 7 & 8 League Activation **PLEASE READ & FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS**

1. Extract the .dbc file "v6.1 FMUpdates FM2012 England Levels 7 & 8" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.

2. Load FM2012

3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’

4. When completed, leave preferences and ‘Start A New Game’

5. In the dialog window that pops up, TICK the change box.

6. Select the LATEST file (v6.1) in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

7. Start a new game as normal, selecting FM2012 defeault database and select level 8 (English Regional First Divisions) as the lowest active league.

8. Select 'Add Key Staff' and 'Add Key Players to Active Teams'.

9. Ensure 'Use Real Fixtures When Available' is ticked.

10. Select 'Custom Database' and ensure you add 'Load All Players Based in England'

These files are not saved game compatible and require a new game to be started.

You may experience issues because you are loading other editor .xml or .dbc files that are causing a conflict. If you are having problems then please:

1. Delete everything in the 'editor data' folder.

2. Download the latest v6.1 file

3. Extract the .dbc v6.1 FMU FM2012 England Levels 7 and 8 file to the 'editor data' folder

4. Start a new game as per the league activation instructions

Media Instructions

Thanks to daniellewis_789 for allowing us to include his excellent media update in our release, including an exclusive media update for the new competitions added as part of our league expansion.

# British_Mediav7.0.edt

# British_Journalistsv7.0.edt

# AND Extra_Media_Sources.edt, which is only to be used in conjunction with this release

These EDT files have been converted to .dbc files.

1. Extract the .dbc file "British Journalists & Media v7.1 BETA" to the Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\editor data folder in your My Documents (PC) / Documents (MAC) folder. If there is no 'editor data' folder then please create one and copy the folder into it.

2. Load FM2012

3. Select ‘Preferences’ and go to the ‘Display/Sound’ tab. UNTICK use skin cache. TICK ‘Always Reload Skin on Confirm’

4. When completed, leave preferences and ‘Start A New Game’

5. In the dialog window that pops up, TICK the change box.

6. Select the LATEST file (v7.1 BETA) in the list, if not already. Deselect ALL OLD VERSIONS!

7. Start a new game as normal

These files are not saved game compatible and require a new game to be started.

FAQ

* Can you explain the English Non-league system?

The BBC Sport website has an excellent guide to how the English non-league system operates - LINK

This file includes levels 1 to 8 activated, which is down to step 4 in the English Non-League pyramid:

Capture3.png

* Why is my team in the Northern Premier League, shouldn't they be in the Isthmian League?

One of the qwerks of the English non league steps is how much change there is every season. This all depends on which teams are selected for promotion from Level 9 that may not easily fit into the regional geography of Levels 7 and 8. For Football Manager this is a problem as whilst rules have been set for each league and the vast majority of teams, unfortunately you can't programme common sense into the data editor. On the rare occasion you may find a team sorted into the wrong division, be rest assured that when the first opportunity arises to place them back into their correct division the game will sort them correctly.

* Why do I need to add All Key Staff?

I recommend you tick 'Add key staff'. That way all the staff you need, i.e. a physio and assistant manager will be generated for the clubs where there is not one set in the database.

* Are you planning on providing a data update for these teams so they have the correct players and staff etc?

This is not a player data update, no players have been added or their stats amended and I have no intention of adding this information.

* What is the rulebook?

The editor is limited in what match and competition rules can be input. As an example, clubs in Levels 7 and 8 are only permitted to give a player a contract, known as League Forms, for one playing season only.

I've reviewed the Isthmian, Southern and Northern League Handbooks and Rules and I have devised a simple rule book for gamers to follow (if they wish) to help make playing these leagues more realistic. The Rulebook PDF is combined within the file download.

Finally, Please Note:

By downloading this file you agree to not re-release it or host it in its original form, or in any edited form, without first seeking and obtaining express prior permission from FMUpdates.com - this includes redistribution of this file in 'Megapacks'. Please PM me if you wish to discuss link the download to your site.

Changelist:

Version 6.1 | Released 15th November 2011

eng_v124: Updated all County Cups where possible to reflect changes for 2011/12 season
eng_v124: Enabled County Cups
eng_v125: Fixed issue where Bromsgrove Rovers and Ilkeston Town were not extinct
eng_v126: Fixed the County Cups of those that were showing in the comp error log file.
eng_reg_prm_division_v16: Added Real Life Fixtures for 2011/12

Version 6.0 | Released 28th October 2011

eng_prm: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_first: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_second: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_third_v2: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_conf_v2: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_con2_region_v1: deleted FM2011 Version
eng_reg_prm_division_v11: Added relegation rules to divisions
eng_reg_first_division_v13: Added relegation rules to divisions
eng_reg_first_division_v13: Added 21 team Southern League South/West for 2011 season with 1 relegation place
eng_v110: Disabled County FA Cups to allow league structure to be tested
eng_reg_first_v2: Activated FM2012 version of file
eng_county_v1: Activated FM2012  version of file
eng_county_division_v1: Activated FM2012  version of file
eng_reg_config_v6: Activated FM2012 version of file
eng_fa_trophy_v6: Activated FM2012 version of file
eng_fa_trophy_v7: Create 265 team FA Trophy for 2011/12 season following withdrawal of Andover
eng_v111: 71 team Southern League Cup created for 2011
eng_v112: Reviewed 2011/12 FA Cup for early club participation due to withdrawal of Andover
eng_v113: Rules 3 Football League - Minumum homegrown players from nation changed from 4 to 6
eng_v113: Rules 3 Football League - Removed Minimum homegrown players from nation in squad (10 player rule no longer applies)
eng_reg_prm_division_v12: Added Matches Won into Isthmian League sorting rules @ no.3
eng_reg_first_division_v14: Added Matches Won into Isthmian League sorting rules @ no.3
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Southern Leagues and references
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Northern Leagues and references
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Isthmian Leagues and references
eng_reg_config_v7: Revised names of Southern League awards
eng_reg_prm_division_v13: Moved start of Southern Premier to 13/08/11 and end to 28/04/12 for 2011 season, plus amended play-off dates
eng_ref_first_division_v15: Moved start of Southern Div One to 13/08/11 and end to 28/04/12 for 2011 season, plus amended play-off dates
eng_v114: Added 2010 competition histories for Northern Premier League cups
eng_v114: Peter Swales Shield qualfiers = Premier Division Champion v Chairmans Cup Winner
eng_v114: Added 2010 competition histories for Isthmian League cups
eng_v114: Added 2010 competition histories for Southern League cups
eng_v115: Set runner up from Chairmans Cup to qualify to Peter Swales Sheild if other qualifyer is same team
eng_v116: Removed U14 regens
eng_v116: Added TV move date for FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round and some extra dates for first 3 rounds
eng_club_data_v3: Deleted failed club changes
eng_county_data_v2: Deleted failed club changes
eng_v117: Deleted Failed Club Changes
eng_v117: Moved Promoted L10 clubs to L9
eng_v118: Added Series Rule "Players Cup Tied If Not Signed Before First Match" to round default
eng_v119: Added fixture dates for FA Cup
eng_v119: Amended draw dates for FA Cup
eng_v119: Added Squad Registration Rules for L7&8
eng_v119: Changed Draw Date for first 3 round of the FA Cup
eng_fa_trophy_v9: Added fixture dates for FA Trophy
eng_fa_trophy_v9: Amended draw dates
eng_fa_trophy_v9: Changed Draw Date for first 2 rounds
eng_fa_trophy_v10: Added Series Rule "Players Cup Tied If Not Signed Before First Match" to round default
eng_fa_trophy_v11: Moved Final date to 19th May 2001 from 2012/2013 season
eng_reg_prm_division_v14: Deleted 2010 Fixtures and 2010 versions of leagues
eng_reg_first_division_v16: Deleted 2010 Fixtures and 2010 versions of leagues
eng_reg_first_division_v17: Removed break periods from League Schedule
eng_fa_trophy_v12: Enabled dynamic final dates from 2012/2013 season
eng_v120: Fixed incorrect base date year for 19th May FA Cup final
eng_v121: Removed squad registration and for L7 and 8, altered squad selection rules to remove duplication
eng_fa_trophy_v13: Added 'Fixture Dates' to Preliminary, 1st Qualifying, 2nd Qualifying, 3rd Qualifying and Final to avoid clashes with early FA Cup Rounds and FA Cup finals in even seasons
eng_reg_prm_division_v15: Fixed end dates for Southern League Premier Division for 2011 season
eng_reg_config_v8: Fixed names of Northern and Southern leagues
eng_reg_rivals_v1: Added missing rivals for all Levels 7 and 8 teams
eng_fa_trophy_v14: All qualifying rounds set as 'high domestic cup fixture priority'
eng_v122: All qualifying rounds set as 'high domestic cup fixture priority'
eng_v123: Renamed some cup names to the current sponsored name
eng_v123: Fixed issue where some cups loaded up when the game did not load down to the required level
eng_v123: Enabled the deferring of the Evo-Stik President's Cup for 1 season, meaning no cup in 2011/12 but works as normal from 2012/13

Hi,

Just downloaded the new update will not let me select England for some reason? Extracted as usual, Just had an amazing four seasons with Ossett Albion but thought i would start again with this new version!

I have the same problem,can you help pleaseMagic Mastermind 124,thanks.

Promotion: Clubs must have applied to the Football Association for promotion to Step Four for the 2011/12 season by 31 December 2010, must then pass ground grading requirements (Grade E by 31 March 2011), and must finish in the top two places in their league to be eligible for promotion. If there are more clubs applying than places available, priority is given to champion clubs.

thats what BBC is and that not far off being elected to a league. they have to apply for the league and meet certain criteria which is how election has always been done

They still have to win promotion on the pitch though. They can meet all other criteria but if they don't win promotion then they aren't promoted.

Can someone explain to me with very simple words what the "county cups" are, please ? :$

Local cups for each county. Each county run their own cup competitions, mainly used in the lower leagues below Level 11 as they don't have FA competitions.

Simple words, clear...perfect. Thank you FCUtdWill ! :)

Another question :

If I manage a team which plays county cup and then I go in level 5.

If I'm not mistaken, my team will also play in County Cup AND FA Trophy, right ?

But in game, if I disable under level 6, then no more County Cup ? Always right ?

Simple words, clear...perfect. Thank you FCUtdWill ! :)

Another question :

If I manage a team which plays county cup and then I go in level 5.

If I'm not mistaken, my team will also play in County Cup AND FA Trophy, right ?

But in game, if I disable under level 6, then no more County Cup ? Always right ?

No worries :)

It depends on the county cup I think, some have teams from higher leagues. You will play in the FA Trophy at Level 5 though.

I don't know the answer to that question.

I'll clarify the point about County Cups.

They appear in the game when you load Level 7 and below. If you decide to deactivate the lower leagues after being promoted, then the County Cups will become disabled if you only load up to Level 6. If you then decide to reactivate Level 7 or below the County Cups will reappear.

We still have the version without the County Cups if you prefer that.

Not sure if it's been mentioned/fixed in 6.1, but just went past the playoffs in the NPL, and FC Utd, having finished 5th, were given a home tie against 2nd placed Frickley.

Should have been the other way round.

Otherwise, thanks again for the efforts. This is fun :)

Hi Ron, I'm really enjoying your expansion, first class. A question: should I make some changes in the original database (e.g. hiring some players for my club or some staff), do your expansion still run properly? thank you in advance

We can't guarantee that this edit will work if you use the database to add something, but if you are only going to put players into the team I think you'll be fine as we haven't touched players in this release.

I'll clarify the point about County Cups.

They appear in the game when you load Level 7 and below. If you decide to deactivate the lower leagues after being promoted, then the County Cups will become disabled if you only load up to Level 6. If you then decide to reactivate Level 7 or below the County Cups will reappear.

We still have the version without the County Cups if you prefer that.

Thank you magic. I saw that on FM11, county cups were not dynamic. For this FM12 release, somewhere, you make them dynamic. We just need to play with enable or disable english levels.

I'm not familiar with english system so I just try to understand ^^

Play without county cup is a solution but... this would be surely a little bit boring I think.

Anyway, I think the best is to try :D

Thanks again for these explanations.

you missed out the Lancashire County Challenge Trophy (otherwise known as the Lancashire Junior Cup)

http://www.lancashirefa.com/FixturesAndResults/CountyCups/Challenge+Trophy/?js=1&tab=results

This is the cup for the non league sides from the lancashire region.

Its an official cup competition as clubs need to enter this as failure to do so would result in them not being allowed entry into the FA Cup.

The link above shows the teams that enter the competition from round one and the sides that gain byes (generally the conference premier sides) into round 2

http://www.lancashirefa.com/FixturesAndResults/CountyCups/Challenge+Trophy/?js=1&tab=rounddates

Round Dates are displayed in the link above

Will this be included in any update you do?

Excellent work so far I must say

you missed out the Lancashire County Challenge Trophy (otherwise known as the Lancashire Junior Cup)

http://www.lancashirefa.com/FixturesAndResults/CountyCups/Challenge+Trophy/?js=1&tab=results

This is the cup for the non league sides from the lancashire region.

Its an official cup competition as clubs need to enter this as failure to do so would result in them not being allowed entry into the FA Cup.

The link above shows the teams that enter the competition from round one and the sides that gain byes (generally the conference premier sides) into round 2

http://www.lancashirefa.com/FixturesAndResults/CountyCups/Challenge+Trophy/?js=1&tab=rounddates

Round Dates are displayed in the link above

Will this be included in any update you do?

Excellent work so far I must say

Thanks for that information.

Due to the sheer number of County Cups I decided that only the top cups, normally Senior Cup involving Football League sides, from each County has been included.

We may look to extend the range of County Cups at a later date.

On my game, Man Utd entered the Devon County FA St Lukes Cup? I followed all the loading instructions and that was the only odd entry, so maybe have a look at that? The game also said they'd qualified for the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round by defeating Plymouth Argyle Reserves 2-1 in the final, but they only actually entered the Champions League (they had already won the Premier League when the final took place).

On my game, Man Utd entered the Devon County FA St Lukes Cup? I followed all the loading instructions and that was the only odd entry, so maybe have a look at that? The game also said they'd qualified for the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round by defeating Plymouth Argyle Reserves 2-1 in the final, but they only actually entered the Champions League (they had already won the Premier League when the final took place).

Just to check....

You loaded all players based in England when starting the game

You loaded down to Level 8 Regional First Divisions as playable, and

You don't have any other edits running with this one?

here are some awards histories for you...

if the goals are equal it is sorted by apps (least), if not obtainable by who scored in more cup comps

all players are on db

link was old

Great update guys!!!

Really looking forward to the next update with level 9 added as my nearest club is Barking in the Essex Senior League. I have been playing as Barking in my FM2010 game but didn't bother adding cups, so played a few seasons without taking part in a cup competition. So to have to have the chance to play Level 9 and also take part in the FA Cup, FA trophy, Essex Senior Cup and various other county cups will be great.

Will the FA Vase be included in the new update? And any idea when the new update will be out?

Just to check....

You loaded all players based in England when starting the game

You loaded down to Level 8 Regional First Divisions as playable, and

You don't have any other edits running with this one?

Yes to the first two, and the only other edit running was to make Malagas' sugar daddy foreground.

Yes to the first two, and the only other edit running was to make Malagas' sugar daddy foreground.

Unfortunately we can't offer any support with third party files. I'd suggest restarting without that sugar daddy file and please let me know if you are still experiencing problems.

Local cups for each county. Each county run their own cup competitions, mainly used in the lower leagues below Level 11 as they don't have FA competitions.

Not true, the Sussex Senior Cup has teams fromSussex from all divisions above Level 10

Unfortunately we can't offer any support with third party files. I'd suggest restarting without that sugar daddy file and please let me know if you are still experiencing problems.

Hi Uncle Ron, regarding the above, loading all players based in GB (instead of England) is still ok? Since I start with a lower league club, having players based in Eire, Galles and so on would help during the game...thank you in advance

Sorry to disturb with a crazy Question, BUT

I know how to add (as instructed) the dbc-file however this file

FMUpdates FM2012 Fixtures England Level 1-6.xml

in the new uploaded version. Where do I put this and include it to the game?

Archived