[FM2012] FMUpdates England Levels 7 & 8 - Southern, Isthmian & Northern Leagues *Out Now*

Quick question- I am using this for FM 12 finally (had a long 11 save that I couldn't let go of) and I've noticed that although my club (Lincoln United) is listed as semi-pro, I can't offer and contracts, only non-contract pay per play deals. As a result all my decent players are getting poached. That is a separate gripe and not the fault of the update, them taking less per appearance but moving anyway. Question is, is there a point where I will be able to offer a year-long deal? The option to select a part-time contract exists, but I can't set any length. This must be the board's doing somehow. Can anyone help?

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply. I don't use the editor, though I see that it could work. Still, I prefer not to mess with my save data. I'll just muddle through this season and maybe next if see if fortunes change

This is the duty of whoever is the researcher for the club for SI and not us - I would suggest that you report the issue to SI if you believe the data to be incorrect (being unable to offer PT contracts).

Yeah sorry, didn't mean to suggest it was your update's fault. Rather, I was hoping someone who has been using it had experienced this issue and seen it resolve itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to thank everyone who has used this update over the past couple of years. The FM12 version has so far seen over 16000 downloads, I am almost certain that is the highest download figure around for an edited database and league expansion file.

Uncle Ron's time has been minimal and my own time has been lacking, which resulted in fewer new features this year than the previous year. However I have attempted to ensure that it is as bug free as possible, which is quite a difficult task. Thank you to those who stuck with us during the database patch - it was difficult work to get all the bugs fixed at that point.

I wanted to add much to the database which expanded the level of detail in the game - this is a process I hope to carry on but it will take time to finish. Much of the information will probably not be seen by most of you, but it is my belief to add this level of detail into the edited database because I care about it.

FM13 is out soon and work begins on updating the release for the new game as soon as it is released - however I anticipate this will take much longer than for FM12. Please stick with us while we get the work done to a high standard. My work schedule is more bizarre too, ruling out Saturday, Sunday and Monday for working on the release.

The file needs to be streamlined. Much of it was created on the FM10 editor and it is likely there will be many more database change failures this year. Help will be much appreciated for this release too. Primarily I am looking for people who can help with Team Cup Histories. Stay tuned on www.fmupdates.com for further updates.

As magicmastermind124 says, I'm very grateful for all who have downloaded this edit over recent years. With figures of over 16,000 downloads this certainly shows the appetite is there from the community for levels 7 and 8 to be included in the game release at some point in the future. That will only ever happen if SI have those levels and below adequately researched, so please head over to the research vacancies thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/291937-Research-Vacancies - and apply for one of these positions!

I've hardly played FM2012 and with limited time ahead for 13 or future versions, I won't be able to continue this project at the current time. So I'm grateful for magicmastermind124 and the rest of the fmupdates.com team for keeping this going.

PS if you want to play FM don't have children...

Cheers, Ron

• SI Staff

I'm just going to add a note here. uncle ron's contribution to FM has been immense over the last few years, including being Swindon Town researcher as well as this excellent edited database. His work is much appreciated, as is magicmastermind's efforts. Without such dedicated people, the game would not be what it is.

I would echo his plea for more people to get involved in researching. Levels 7 and 8 are mainly researched by three Head Researchers for the Isthmian, Southern and Northern Premier Leagues, and while they do a great job, there is only so much they can do via googling and club official sites. The HRs do watch football at those levels but of course cannot watch every team, and the geographical areas they cover are vast. Even if you feel that you cannot get involved enough to be a researcher at those levels, the HRs involved would welcome any contributions to data for any clubs and players at levels 7 and 8 on a one-off or occasional basis too.

Oh, and you can play FM with an infant asleep on your arm. ;)

I'm just going to add a note here. uncle ron's contribution to FM has been immense over the last few years, including being Swindon Town researcher as well as this excellent edited database. His work is much appreciated, as is magicmastermind's efforts. Without such dedicated people, the game would not be what it is.

Very well said Gripper.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm thinking of switching back from FM13 to FM12 as FM13 is really unstable + new 3D is soooooo crappy if compared to FM11 or FM12. So is this FM12 pack still working/downloadable?

I've recently started a new FM12 campaign with this file. Still in my first season, but not the tiniest bug has shown up. Lovin' it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived