FM12: Looking For Thread

Club: Watford

Budget: £2m (can pay a little more but ideally not!)

Looking for: ML/MR

With: A little bit of pace and acceleration would be nice.

Other: Gotta be able to receive a work permit or EU national. Can't afford over £17k a week wages.

Season: 2, just began my assault on the Prem.

Loyalty Bonus: No more than 500k, the greedy buggers.

Agent Fee: 250k

Not an easy one, I'm sure you'll agree. All help is appreciated.

EDIT: Oh yes, and for some reason, despite lending me Chamberlain last year, Arsenal refuse to loan me ANYONE - used up my same league loans now regardless.

Paul Anderson would be the obvious choice for me.

Club: Hoffenheim

Budget: £11m w/ rougly £60k p/w wages for a 'key player'

Looking for: CB

With: A defender who can actually win a f*cking header :mad:

Other: N/A

Season: January 2013

Loyalty Bonus: N/A

Agent Fee: N/A

Guillermo Burdisso :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club: Barnsley

Budget: £250k/£3k wage

Looking for: Goalkeeper

With: Decent Aerial Ability, Communication, Command of Area, Kicking, Handling and Concentration

Season: 1, Summer Transfer Window

Loyalty Bonus: Ideally not alot

Agent Fee: Again, ideally not alot

I've scoured the free transfers and have tried the usual suspects of Dudek, Loboue, Ivankov, Sidibe, Wright etc etc. I've also looked in the Free Agents Thread and the Good Goalkeepers Thread and haven't found anyone within my budget. Are there any other free agent goalkeepers that are out there that I may have missed? Have any of you found a cheap keeper who can do the job. If they're an old keeper it doesn't matter as I only plan on keeping them for two seasons.

Club: Barnsley

Budget: £250k/£3k wage

Looking for: Goalkeeper

With: Decent Aerial Ability, Communication, Command of Area, Kicking, Handling and Concentration

Season: 1, Summer Transfer Window

Loyalty Bonus: Ideally not alot

Agent Fee: Again, ideally not alot

I've scoured the free transfers and have tried the usual suspects of Dudek, Loboue, Ivankov, Sidibe, Wright etc etc. I've also looked in the Free Agents Thread and the Good Goalkeepers Thread and haven't found anyone within my budget. Are there any other free agent goalkeepers that are out there that I may have missed? Have any of you found a cheap keeper who can do the job. If they're an old keeper it doesn't matter as I only plan on keeping them for two seasons.

Luis Guilherme on loan with an agreed fee of £1m is a bargain and he is class :thup:

How much are Huddersfield wanting for Alex Smithies this season?

P.S I got Simon Kjaer for £15m.

Edit: What about Richard Kingson as well?

Luis Guilherme on loan with an agreed fee of £1m is a bargain and he is class :thup:

How much are Huddersfield wanting for Alex Smithies this season?

P.S I got Simon Kjaer for £15m.

Edit: What about Richard Kingson as well?

Kingson won't join. Smithies is injured so I'm going to wait until next season and try nab him or Joe Lewis.

Cool on Kjaer.

Kingson won't join. Smithies is injured so I'm going to wait until next season and try nab him or Joe Lewis.

Cool on Kjaer.

Scott Flinders from Hartlepool is usually quite cheap!!!

Club: Swansea

Budget: 8 mill

Looking for: ST

With: Finishing, Pace

Other: I've got De Jong, Cavenaghi and Wilfried but need another to start

Season: 2

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

Vaclav Kadlec, Stefan Kiebling, Kevin Gamiero, Yaya Sanogo....and what NF said!!!

Vaclav Kadlec, Stefan Kiebling, Kevin Gamiero, Yaya Sanogo....and what NF said!!!

Kiebling is a bit too old for my liking at 28. Would prefer someone from 21-27. Gameiro costs too much

A few I've got in mind: Robert Lewandowski, Chinedu Obasi, Mohamed Bangura, Lacina Traore. Any of these good enough to lead my line?

Obasi :cool:

Hoffenheim :cool:

He is good though. Gets himself into some amazing positions, but I would say he would only be a 10-15 goal man max. He wont be smashing in the 20s because his composure lets him down. Still good though :thup:

Obasi :cool:

Hoffenheim :cool:

He is good though. Gets himself into some amazing positions, but I would say he would only be a 10-15 goal man max. He wont be smashing in the 20s because his composure lets him down. Still good though :thup:

Ahh right cheers. Hopefully Hoilett and Johnson could supply him with decent balls (Y)

Club: Swansea

Budget: 8 mill

Looking for: ST

With: Finishing, Pace

Other: I've got De Jong, Cavenaghi and Wilfried but need another to start

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

I've been able to get Moussa Sow to Newcastle for 7.5 million in the second season. Have your scouts check him out, see what fee they reckon he's available at. They said he could cost about 6.25 mill and they were'nt too far out in the end.

I've been able to get Moussa Sow to Newcastle for 7.5 million in the second season. Have your scouts check him out, see what fee they reckon he's available at. They said he could cost about 6.25 mill and they were'nt too far out in the end.

I had a look at Sow and a few other players but no one is interested as Swansea's reputation is still low :( I may have to play one up top and wait till Jan because Hoffenheim want £14m for Obasi

I've signed Gyan for £10 mill :)

Club: Newcastle

Budget: £24 million, but have a couple other deals to come off that so would prefer not to spend over 8 million

Looking for: Striker

With: Good strength, first touch, teamwork and work rate

Other:

Season: 2nd season

Loyalty Bonus: Not too bothered

Agent Fee: Not too bothered

I have a couple of very good, pacy strikers already and normally play a 4-2-3-1 utilising one of those, but I have a 4-4-2 formation as well and I'm looking for a second striker for that tactic who provides a different sort of threat to the Poacher types. He doesn't have to be a classic bull in a china shop targetman, but I'd like some who can hold off defenders if he's playing with his back to goal, and who can pick out a pass for the spped merchant other forward.

What about Carlos Tevez or Emmanuel Adebayor on loan?

Alexandr Kerzhakov, Wilfried, Seydou Doumbia?

I'm trying not to sign Wilfried...purely on the basis that every one and their dog seems to have signed him on the Newcastle thread :p

No chance of Tevez on loan, Man City have taken him off the loan list for now...and strangely put his listed asking price up to £51 million. I approached them with a loan offer, but they want his £180,000 a week wages paid in full. :eek:

Same with Adebayor, they want the full wages...and the board won't sanction anything near that. My scouts are looking at Doumbia and Kerzhakov, but I have a feeling they might be a little too expensive...annoyingly, I'd love to team up Doumbia and Moussa Sow.

EDIT: Got the scout reports and apparently Doumbia and kerzhakov think they're too good for us :p Back to the drawing board

Club: Newcastle

Budget: £24 million, but have a couple other deals to come off that so would prefer not to spend over 8 million

With: Good strength, first touch, teamwork and work rate

Other:

Season: 2nd season

Loyalty Bonus: Not too bothered

Agent Fee: Not too bothered

I have a couple of very good, pacy strikers already and normally play a 4-2-3-1 utilising one of those, but I have a 4-4-2 formation as well and I'm looking for a second striker for that tactic who provides a different sort of threat to the Poacher types. He doesn't have to be a classic bull in a china shop targetman, but I'd like some who can hold off defenders if he's playing with his back to goal, and who can pick out a pass for the spped merchant other forward.

First touch is not brilliant at 11 but have you considered Rondon from Malaga is only on 20k a week so should accept a reasonably low contract. Could you not move all you rtransfer budget towards wages on the slider and go for Adebayor he is guaranteed to score 30 plus a season he is immense.

First touch is not brilliant at 11 but have you considered Rondon from Malaga is only on 20k a week so should accept a reasonably low contract. Could you not move all you rtransfer budget towards wages on the slider and go for Adebayor he is guaranteed to score 30 plus a season he is immense.

I'd like to get Adebayor on loan, but I'll only have about 8 million or so of the transfer budget to slide into wages once other deals are done, and not sure I can get the wages high enough to cover his £150,000 a week.

Might try it if we offload another player or two before the window closes though. I have a horrible feeling Rondon just left Malaga earlier in the window, but I'll check him out anyway.

EDIT: Tell a lie he's still at Malaga, the deal I saw must have fallen through. Got the scouts looking at him now.

Budget: £30m

Looking for: CM

With: N/A

Other: I already have Salihovic (attacking), Zuculini (defensive) and N'Zonzi/Topal (DM), so I would like something in the middle.

Season: 2013/14

Loyalty Bonus: £3m max

Agent Fee: As Above

Radja Nainggolan if you're looking for someone with a real work ethic and as much as I hate to see him go elsewhere you could test Mike Ashley's resolve with a bid for Yohan Cabaye who is quality.

I'm sure there's plenty others out there, but those are two I've managed so far who are very happy in that MC position.

Radja Nainggolan if you're looking for someone with a real work ethic and as much as I hate to see him go elsewhere you could test Mike Ashley's resolve with a bid for Yohan Cabaye who is quality.

I'm sure there's plenty others out there, but those are two I've managed so far who are very happy in that MC position.

Nianggolan :cool:

Perhaps Kwadwo Asamoah, looks even better than previous FM's on this one.

Ill have a sneck!!

David Alaba at Bayern Munich was excellent for me on FM11 as well, and he looks pretty decent this time round.

Problem of course trying to prise him away from Munich if he's a regular.

Good shout.....and he's not a starter :).

He was excellent for me on the season loan he started at Hoffe with!!!!

Good shout.....and he's not a starter :).

He was excellent for me on the season loan he started at Hoffe with!!!!

I got him as a bargain on my FM11 Everton save and he developed very well with regular games. Looks like he's a first teamer on my current Newcastle save though, good luck trying to talk him away from Bayern ;)

I reckon he and Nainggolan would make for quite a partnership in central midfield though.

I got him as a bargain on my FM11 Everton save and he developed very well with regular games. Looks like he's a first teamer on my current Newcastle save though, good luck trying to talk him away from Bayern ;)

I reckon he and Nainggolan would make for quite a partnership in central midfield though.

Do you think Nainggolan is worth signing for £15.5m?

I got him for half that but that was in second season, I'm assuming his value has increased a season on. I'd say he's still worth it though, he should make for a good tutor for any regen midfielders you want to develop in a few seasons as well.

Definitely! But if he's still at Cagliari you could probably negotiate that down a bit. Nainggolan has been class for my Udinese team (similar sized club) in that exact role you're looking for. Hardworking, strong, great tackler, great passer, great stamina, perfect age, amazing determination and every goal he's scored has been goal of the season contenders. He's got it all, for a great price!

And don't get me started on that AWESOME name!

Asamoah's not a bad suggestion either, but i'd pick Nainggolan over him any day of the week.

Club: Everton

Budget: Up to 10Mill

With: Trequartertista (sp!)

Other:

Loyalty Bonus: £1M >

Agent Fee: £1M >

Leandro went to Real madrid, have been trying to sign erick torres and that other young lad at Chivas but neither seem to get work permits :(

Club:Celtic

Budget: 2m

Looking for: GK

With:

Other: Better than Forster/Zaluska

Season: 1 - First Transfer window

Loyalty Bonus: low

Agent Fee: low

Luis Guilherme :cool:

Maxim Koval, Yann Sommer.

Club: Tottenham

Budget: Whatever it takes

Looking for: GK for the next 10 years

With: Reflexes/Agility

Other: Communication

Season: 2nd

Loyalty Bonus: ...

Agent Fee: ...

Check out the lad everyone is raving about on the Good Goalkeepers thread, Marc-Andre ter Stegen at Borussia Moenchengladbach

struggling to find players here so any help would be much appreciated.

Club: Espanyol

Budget: £2mill

Looking for: Right back

With: marking, pace, tackling

Other:

Season: first transfer window

Looking for: Right Mid

With: pace, decent passing and shot.

Other:

struggling to find players here so any help would be much appreciated.

Looking for: Right back

With: marking, pace, tackling

Other:

Looking for: Right Mid

With: pace, decent passing and shot.

Other:

For right back look at Ivan Bandalovski, you can get him for under 100k at the start, that would also leave you with more money to spend on a right midfielder.

For right back look at Ivan Bandalovski, you can get him for under 100k at the start, that would also leave you with more money to spend on a right midfielder.

cheers might not make it into the first team but a solid back up especially for that price.

sorry i didnt want to read all the way through the thread so will be greatful for any answers.

Club: Aston Villa

Budget: 27m but dont want to spend more than 10m if possible

Looking for: central midfielder

needs to be a ballwinner to either replace, rotate or back up jack collison. younger the better as long as they are ready for some 1st team action.

Budget: £30m

Looking for: CM

With: N/A

Other: I already have Salihovic (attacking), Zuculini (defensive) and N'Zonzi/Topal (DM), so I would like something in the middle.

Loyalty Bonus: £3m max

Agent Fee: As Above

Have you tried Javi Martinez from Bilbao?

sorry i didnt want to read all the way through the thread so will be greatful for any answers.

Club: Aston Villa

Budget: 27m but dont want to spend more than 10m if possible

Looking for: central midfielder

needs to be a ballwinner to either replace, rotate or back up jack collison. younger the better as long as they are ready for some 1st team action.

Try Lucas Anderson i think his name is. Good prospect and is always improving. Very talented player mate

Club: Tottenham

Budget: Whatever it takes

Looking for: GK for the next 10 years

With: Reflexes/Agility

Other: Communication

Season: 2nd

Loyalty Bonus: ...

Agent Fee: ...

Check out the lad everyone is raving about on the Good Goalkeepers thread, Marc-Andre ter Stegen at Borussia Moenchengladbach s

DandyDon, as you say if you don't know about ter Stegen you're living under a rock. Anyone else spring to mind?

Archived