Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

New patch out going to start a new save.

Good luck man, keep us informed!!

I'm due to press continue for the first time tomorrow (if I don't get any work), I must have put more work into this first day than any other in the history of FM- sure to hit a good start!! Only buying U18 players and nurturing them again. Think I might replace Kuyt (ahead of Carroll in my 1st XI) with Muniain as my big signing. What do you reckon could I play Muniain as a No. 9- out and out goal getter?? Not sure he has the stats for it??

Not sure as I've never played with him tbh mate but he played on the wing against Utd in Europa last week and played good so I think he can play as a winger and get a few goals also but with his pace, he should be able to get goals as a striker I think.

I just lost my against spurs, so have lost my first league game after 2 games. Was a lucky 1-0, with Skrtel getting an own goal :(. Reina's been injured so have had to rely on Doni, whose not been that bad.

Anyways, I am off, good luck in your saves guys.

I actually managed to get £8.25m (& 50%) from PSG for Maxi, who I was using in my 2nd XI as a supporting striker, so I've sold him and put Muniain in his position- done deal, cost me £20m (over 48) though!!

Hi lads loading up my save where im in season 1 only can win the league i was 9 pts ahead of utd going into the new year now their 1 pt ahead :(

Just ended the January transfer window in my first season with booking a place in the Carling Cup final against Swansea. Currently 2nd in the league 3 points behind Arsenal.

Just about to play Stoke in the 4th Round of the fa cup.

I actually managed to get £8.25m (& 50%) from PSG for Maxi, who I was using in my 2nd XI as a supporting striker, so I've sold him and put Muniain in his position- done deal, cost me £20m (over 48) though!!

Great deal for Maxi imo!

Loading up for an hour or so!

Yeah, I thought so, I like Maxi and he does get a few goals- but I'm just trying to get rid of some of the older squad players and replace them with good players from the youth squads and indeed Muniain- who has had a good pre-season. I've just played my first game, and won- 5-0 vs. Fulham (A)... Solid start!!!

Great trade to me :D, well done mate. Need to win against Fulham who are first...their striker Pognebrak (spelling) is on fire atm. They've scored 12 in 3 games and only conceded 2.

Beat them 4-1 courtesy of the Uruguayans - a Suarez hat trick in the first half and Coates header in the second from a Suarez free kick :D

an update on my liverpool save:-

I have now started season 5 and i think I have put together a team and squad that i will struggle to improve!

starting 11: (in a 4-2-3-1),

Reina:

Kyle Walker, Shawcross, Kjaer, Robinson:

Felipe Anderson, Asamoah:

Mario Gotze, Eden Hazard, Neymar

Leandro Damiao

subs include Jack Wilshire, Lucas Moura, Sonango, Niang, Sterling, Lucas Leiva, Coates, Enrique. i tend to keep everyone happy with a bit of rotation. lots of talented youngeters waiting in the wings too. and all the average performers have been sold during the previous 4 seasons i.e. Joe cole, Aquilani, downing, adam, Carrol etc. no deadwood left!

i have won the league last 2 seasons and am top again in season 5 after about 15 games. i won the champions league last season too, beating barcelona in the final. at the end of season 4 i sold Suarez, Lavezzi and Henderson for around £50 million and used the money to bring in Neymar and Leandro Damiao (cost about 70 million for those 2). they have been sensational.

playing Neymar in the attacking left midfielder position as an inside forward cutting inside, he is awesome. combined with Leandro Damiao up front as a poacher, Hazard as a playmaker and Mraio Gotze on the right hand side, i cant seem to stop scoring. when Jack Wilshire or Lucas Moura take the place of one of the attacking midfielders the team isnt weakened, so rotation isnt a problem.

other then replacing Reina who will leave at the end of the season (i wont pay him the 90k a week he wants when he will be 33 years old) i genuinely dont think i can improve the team. maybe swap a couple of the defenders, but other than Messi, i dont think a player in the game could improve my attack.

it is almost too easy to win. in season 4 i broke the records for league points and goals scored (both over 100) and now my team is even better!

the only challenge i have left is winning something wiht the England team cos i got that job last season.

Beat them 4-1 courtesy of the Uruguayans - a Suarez hat trick in the first half and Coates header in the second from a Suarez free kick :D

Whipping boys!!!

Lucas Andersen has been immense, even at the age of just turning 17. My main AMC. Stevie is out for another 2/3 months after getting injured in the reserves so he looks to continue in that spot! A Downing double and Andersen goal ensured the return of liverpool into the top 3 after just 4 games. 1 point behind 1st and 2nd (City and Chelski). Gonna be off now, good luck in your saves guys.

Also, amazing team nugget!

Yeah he looks very good, he was one of the players I was considering.

Kuyt, in my team as a No. 9 is absolutely on fire!! 6 goals in 4 league games so far.

A wee tip for everyone too; use Downing as a CM- I put him there as a ball-player all day long instead of Adam.

Here are my opening transfers from this first season btw;

openingtransfers.jpg

Muniain has made a very good start to his career so far, Nangis has already started pushing me for a place in the first squad and has made a few appearances from the bench. I'm really looking forward to Paco moving on in his development a bit- young David Villa on my hands there :)

More than a decent first season that, well done pal. Also, should be formidable this season with Martinez and Harard!!

Thanks mate , So far Martinez has been in and out of the team with injury , Hazard has been on fire so far a lot on the thread have sold Maxi i kept him played 27 games scored 5 with 16 assists . . Just lost 1 - 0 Away to Real Madrid in the Champions League but should get through the group stages

Hi guys, finally decided to start a Liverpool save with the new patch.

First of all - the unrealistic expectations seem to have been fixed. Board told me to qualify for Europe and gave me a decent 8 million euro to work with.

I just hit February in 1st season - knocked out of both cups with embarrasing defeats, but 2nd in the Prem chasing Man City like a mad dog. Lost several players for 3 months, Suarez, Carroll and Doug Costa among them, that cost me the first place which I had until Suarez got injured.

transfers:

In:

Alphonse Areola, €1.6M

Katlego Mphela, €1.6M

Sime Vrsaljko, €1.2M

Douglas Costa, €7.75M (unsettled him after they rejected a bid of €18M)

Tiago Ilori, €1M

(january:)

Christian Eriksen, €10M (offered 22, rejected, he asked for transfer list and got him for 10 :D)

Robbie Cotton, €2.1M

Eyal Golassa, €500k (instantly loaned out to Beerschot, my new Belgian feeder club)

Out:

Brad Jones, €600k

Maxi, €4M

Toni Silva, €220k

Kristian Adorjan, €525k

+ released quite a few youth/reserve players.

(january):

Martin Skrtel, €5M

Doni, €1M

Katlego Mphela (flop), €1M

Fabio Aurelio, free transfer

Also signed a few young African regens who look promising, but they won't actually join Liverpool for a while (under-18's + no WP), so.. :p

I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 system with wingers in the inside forwards role. My lineup with everybody fully fit would be:

GK: Reina (Areola)

DR: Johnson (Sime / Flanno)

DL: Enrique (Robinson)

DC: Coates (Carra / Ilori / Wisdom)

DC: Agger (Carra / Ilori / Wisdom)

MC (bwm): Lucas (wee Jay)

MC (dlp): Gerrard (Adam / Hendo / Shelvey)

AMR: Douglas Costa (Hendo / Kuyt / Shelvey)

AMC: Eriksen (Gerrard / Shelvey / Suso)

AML: Downing (Bellamy / Suso / Sterling)

SC: Suarez (Carroll / Kuyt / Bellamy / Morgan)

In the summer I'm going to have to do a massive cleanup of the "grown-ups" as I prefer having a young squad and several of my kids actually look quite promising. Ideally I wouldn't have anyone over 23 in my reserve squad unless it's a senior player returning from injury.

When you click go on holiday, one of the options further up the menu is 'use current tactics' I just select that, and then click ok

Back to winning ways after losing to Chelsea in the League Cup 3rd round and City in the League by beating Sunderland 5-0 away - Suarez hat trick and Kuyt double.

I've started again on my season as Liverpool, it was becoming a case of not making an opportunities for my team and then one shot one goal for the opposition. Once again I've asked the board to expand Anfield which they agreed to make it to a 50585 seating stadium and I've had the transfer revenue increased to 95%. I told the board that I could win the league in the first season which gave me a transfer budget of 11 million and a wage budget of 1.85 million to which I altered to 19 million and 1.69 million respectively.

My formations for the coming season are a 4-2-3-1, a 4-2-4 and a 4-4-2 depending on what teams I face.

liverpooltacticsoverviee.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

liverpooltacticsovervie.png

liverpooltacticsovervie.png

Are you still in season one? A transfer budget circa 50m is standard season 2 if you don't spend that much. With European football Liverpool are quite profitable in fm12.

Well that's good news.

This is why I don't upgrade any facilities in the first year. But that being said, the junior coaching and youth recruitment can still be improved immediately and without fail.

Strange. I didn't have the option to improve the youth recruitment. I only had the option to reduce it. I did manage to get junior coaching improved though.

Well that's good news.

Strange. I didn't have the option to improve the youth recruitment. I only had the option to reduce it. I did manage to get junior coaching improved though.

I think if you ask to improve youth facilities first then the youth recruitment option to increase won't be there after that, you'll have to do the opposite.

I think if you ask to improve youth facilities first then the youth recruitment option to increase won't be there after that, you'll have to do the opposite.

Ahh, I see. I'll have to try and improve my youth recruitment next season.

It's the end of December 2011, and I'm currently second 3 pts behind leaders City. Frankly I'm doing better than even I expected to be doing.

When you click go on holiday, one of the options further up the menu is 'use current tactics' I just select that, and then click ok

Thanks mate

Two matches down so far, one against wigan which I won 3:1. I started with a 4-2-3-1 formation, but with the score being 1:1 at half time I swapped to a 4-2-4 and won the match

liverpoolvwiganinformat.png

liverpoolvwiganstatsmat.png

The second match was against newcastle, the tactical advisor thing told me that a 4-2-4 formation would be the best one to play against them. It was wrong

newcastlevliverpoolinfo.png

newcastlevliverpoolstat.png

I went two nil down quite early one and was getting beat in every area, so I swapped back to a 4-2-3-1 to try and grab a bit of control back in the match. I scored a goal, but was always second best in this match and Ba scored a screamer when Reina decided to run miles off his line for no reason

First season in. 3rd in EPL behind Chelski and Moneybag City.Arsenal is 12th :). Major buy Antoine Griezmann winger 21mill. 15 appearances, 13 assists :).Downing has been a flop and had a ******* of a time trying to sell him (finally to Malaga). Suarez 22 appearances 18 goals . Suso has been good in spot duty.Adam = ugh (looking to sell) Carroll been ***** but starting to turn him around. Jan transfers Leandro & Luuk De Jong.Just lost Lucas for 2-3months achilles problem after window shut :/.

Any suggestions for a right winger? Loaned in Redmond however injured.Playing 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and the odd 4-4-2

Just knocked FUlham out of the League Cup on Penos infront of the kop @ the semi final stage, going to Wemberly. Also, sitting pretty atop the league [joint with the Mancs, but i score more goals] with 22 games gone. Good place to pause and go get some sleep. Chat tomoz people.

Nijuu L : I'm playing Suarez alot on the RW in this save... He's very good there- also, I like Downing there as an inverse winger.

The second round of the league cup drew me against none premier league side brighton. Like usual when I draw opposition in the leagues below me I often play my talented youth/fringe players in these matches. Although it nearly cost me this time

brightonvliverpoolinfor.png

A goal from one of my new signings, one by carragher and two from Ngoo ensured a 4-3 victory for me

brightonvliverpoolstats.png

Whenver I am on a Liverpool save, there wasn't much good club regens, youths that has very good PA coming through but in my 3rd season with spanish team Real Oviedo with only spanish db loaded, there are quite a few easily 175pa and above youth with very nice attributes in the liverpool u16s team, and all of them came through the youth team. How is it playing on a liverpool save, i don't get those?

Season 1 over ill do my review later on where i finshed 2nd but won nothing hope to change that in season 2

I wont my third league match of August thanks to a first half Suarez goal against everton

liverpoolvevertoninform.png

And you can see I was slightly unlucky not to score a second against them, but thems the breaks

liverpoolvevertonstatsm.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us.

Two wins and a draw have put me 4th at the end of August

englishpremierdivisionoz.png

Haven't played FM for ages but picked up FM12 on steam for a bargain price and am currently halfway through my first season. Playing a 4-3-1-2 and DESTROYING teams. Arsenal gave me some trouble but I beat Chelsea 2-1 away in the League Cup (with 60% possession) and then smashed them a week later at Anfield in the league 4-0. Currently sitting top of the table but have Tottenham (2nd) and Man Utd (3rd) coming to Anfield this week.

Had a couple of sales (Downing the biggest for 22m) and used them to fund a raid for Neymar (I think 50ish million pounds over 48 months) and Aaron Ramsey for 40m (over 48 months).

Neymar, Skrtel, Agger & Kuyt have been BRILLIANT so far.

I have been particularly surprised by Dirk Kuyt's effectiveness. He's averaging a goal every 95 minutes playing as a deep-lying forward with mostly Neymar, sometimes Luis playing alongside him. Carol started off as my first choice in this position and wasn't terrible, but Kuyt is doing very well. Jack Robinson has also done ok for me at left back (backup for Enrique).

Gerrard and Suarez have been awesome as well, but I've been struggling to get them both on the park at the same time. I've been using both as the attacking midfielder behind the front 2 except for the few games when I had both together, then Luis took that spot and Gerrard played an attacking role from central midfield.

If I can win at least one of my next two and draw the other, a title challenge will absolutely be on the cards.

For the first time in awhile I did business during the first transfer window, with Kuyt, Cole, Jones and Fabio all being sold. With Silva and Eccleston being sent out on loan.

liverpooltransfershisto.png

My plan was to get rid of some old players that wont see much action while bring in younger players to improve my squad. I agreed a fee for Ben Arfa but forgot that he was injured, so I brought in Holiet for 6 Million up front and another 6 over the next four years. I never planned to buy Rochina from blackburn but when he popped up on my scouts list I took a look at his stats.

rubnrochinaoverviewprof.png

For a 20 year old they're pretty damn impressive, so blackburn got 4 million up front for him, with 5 million over the next 4 years

A quick update. Just trounced Tottenham 4-0 with Aaron Ramsey scoring his third and fourth goals for the club! Now got to get the boys up for Man Utd in three more days...

EDIT: Rafael got sent off in the 32nd minute after I was already 1-0 up. Luis lofted a ball to Skrtel to score from the free kick and I ended up winning 4-0! FM12 = easiest FM ever.

is that all on the new patch nugget?

no i have not got the new patch. wanted to continue with the original version.

of all the attacking midfielders in the game that you can sign for Liverpool (so realistically, unless you cheat with the editor, that doesnt include Messi or Ronaldo!), which one would you guys say is the best?

into my 5th season now and i have had some of the best ones in the game i think including Mario Gotze, Lucas Moura, Neymar, Jack Wilshire, Lavezzi. all of them have been good, but i have to say by far the best and most consistent has been Eden Hazard for me. he gets so many assists and man of the match and a decent amount of goals too. i am hoping Liverpool sign him for real in the summer, just based on how good he is on this game!

as for strikers, as a cheap back up i can recommend Yaya Sonago. i got him on a free and in the last 2 seasons he was my main back up to Luis Suarez as a lone striker (poacher) and he is very good, scoring 30 goals last season. having sold Suarex, he is now back up to Leandro Damiao. he is young and cheap and not on massive wages and he stays happy even if he isnt a regular starter.much better than Andy Caroll!

September has been a good month for me, I started with a 2:1 victory over Aston Villa, even if the same problems were sort of appearing again and again. Players werent clinical enough, and don't seem to control the matches.

astonvillavliverpoolinf.png

astonvillavliverpoolsta.png

This was followed by a 1:0 victory over Norwhich, which saw quite a few bookings

liverpoolvnorwichinform.png

Although I should have won the match by more than the one goal, 13 shots with only four of them on target seemed to undermine my position.

liverpoolvnorwichstatsm.png

The next round of the league cup pitted me against mega rich Man City, unlike in the previous round I wasn't going for a 4-2-4/4-4-2, and neither was I going to risk my youth being dismantled. So with a full strength side I was pleasantly surprised with a 4:0 win. Was my team finally becoming clinical after months of training in the formations I used?

liverpoolvmancityinform.png

I gave up two thirds of possession in the match, but managed to limit them to 6 shots compared to my 13, and they only had 1 on target whilst I had 6

liverpoolvmancitystatsm.png

Up next is Arsenal

Alright, first season finished.

Failed in the cups, but did end 2nd in the Prem, so very close to Man City who won and 1 point ahead of Man Utd. I had a major injury crisis (Suarez, Carroll, Costa, Gerrard all out for 2 months) in november/december, which cost me the title as due to that I lost points to Swansea, Arsenal, Man City, QPR and Wigan. Thus, I've done some shopping..

Summer 2012:

In:

Edin Dzeko, €11.75M

Adam Johnson, €6.25M

Radja Nainggolan, €6.75M

Gaston Ramirez, €7.25M

Romário, €4M

and a couple of newgens

Out:

Charlie Adam, €4M

Danny Wilson, €3M

Craig Bellamy, €500k

Jay Spearing, €4.8M

John Flanagan, €1M

Dani Pacheco, €700k

Aquilani, loan

Jole Cole, loan

Stewart Downing, loan, €2.5M fee, 8.25M option to buy

Still trying to get rid of Carroll, but so far no success.. I'm still only in July, so more things can deffo happen, but so far, my squad is pretty settled:

GK: Reina / Areola

DR: Johnson / Vrsaljko / Romario

DL: Enrique / Robinson

DC: Agger / Coates / Carragher / Kelly / Wisdom / Ilori (Both Wisdom and Ilori look very promising this time around)

MC (BWM): Lucas / Radja / Coady

MC (DLP): Gerrard / Hendo / Cotton (newgen) / Joao Carlos

AMR: Suarez / Douglas Costa / Sterling

AMC: Eriksen / Shelvey (Altho Costa, Suarez and Gerrard can also play here)

AML: Adam Johnson / Gaston Fernandez / Suso

SC: Dzeko / Kuyt / Carroll / Morgan

I wanted Hazard for the left wing, but he joined Man Utd for €40M, so I got myself Johnson and Gaston instead. I might get myself a new defender to replace Agger, but I have to say, as a Dane, it would be hard to kick out Danny.. Besides, I don't see any obvious choices that would provide remarkably improved performance right away.