Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Cleared staff and brought in new ones. Getting rid of some players - notably Skrtel and Maxi as well as Brad Jones and Aurelio since they're not gonna play.

Bringing in...Vrsjarlko (spelling), Romario, Felipe Anderson, Kara (1st time signing him - would be DMC cover as well as CB cover) and hopefully Badelj and Willian - so pretty much the same team that I had last save :D but some new players lol.

Willian and Badelj signed for other clubs :(

Rolo Borrell is a great coach, I wouldn't get rid of him!! Segura certainly isn't bad either.

I have England France Germany Spain Holland and Brazil Argentina as view only . . let most the staff go going to bring in my own two good coaches at blackburn Bobby Mimms and Phil Cannon

EDIT ; Just got Kuyt and Bellamy to retire from international football , board agreed to expand Anfield to 55 thousand :)

I realise the board just about agree to everything we asked this patch

eg. improve better youth facilities, improve training facilities, increase wage budget, increase fee percentage to 95%, better junior coaching, improve to well established youth recruitment, increase coaches to 19

increase scouts to 16

all done.

but not sure if they will cancel any building of facilities like the last time in the first season coz of budget constrain

i kept all staff but added, many more, in fact now i have overall 23 coaches(6 coach, 3 fitness, 3 keepercoach, 5 first team, 6 youth). the thing is you are able to sign up more coaches as long as the quota isn't full so i made use of it to sign up additional of 2 keepercoach and 2 fitness coach, then i signed up 3 firstteam coach and then fill up the 6 coaches

Yeah they have agreed with every request i have made , I'm hoping at the end of the season Abramovich will bid 15M for for Steve Clarke :) then sack him 12months later

Rolo Borrell is a great coach, I wouldn't get rid of him!! Segura certainly isn't bad either.

Yeah I didn't get rid of them two :)

End of Season 1 update

Table

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af359/nbdwid7/FM%202012%20lfc/BarclaysPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-3.png

Finishing 3rd was better than i was hoping for at the start of the season but it could have been even better if it was not for a dip in form in January.

Jan-May Fixtures

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af359/nbdwid7/FM%202012%20lfc/LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

Cups

Lost to Leicester City in the Quarters 4-1 Played a young side and got punished.

Lost 2-1 in the 4th Rd to Bolton during my dip in form in January.

Transfers

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af359/nbdwid7/FM%202012%20lfc/LiverpoolTransfers_History-2.png

Needed money to come in to the club so when i got offers for Johnson and Dirk i let them go which ment there was more match time for the likes of Kelly,Flano and Sterling.

Most improved player was suso after some tutoring from Gerrard.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af359/nbdwid7/FM%202012%20lfc/SusoOverview_Attributes.png

Best Eleven

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af359/nbdwid7/FM%202012%20lfc/LiverpoolHistory_BestEleven.png

Alright lads my computer seems to be working but as my previous games where slow I have decided to get rid of all my graphics. As my computer is old the graphics may have been making it even slower, I had over 8 gb in facepacks and logos.

I might start a save with the reds, although I won't get much time to play. The last few months is the longest ive been out of the Liverpool thread in years.

Has anyone figured out how to get the board to agree to a new stadium or expanding Anfield yet? Even with the patch they keep telling me that Liverpool dont have the fanbase to make it a reasonable suggestion. Weird since you know, liverpool have one of the biggest fanbases

Don't know what they have changed about Suarez in the new patch, but he has been amazing for me so far.

I'm in the Jan window of the first season and here are his stats

Played: 23(1)

Goals: 23

Assists: 15

Motm: 8

Playing him as the lone striker in a 451, amazing, his shots actually go in now instead of him blazing it wide or over the bar on the last few patches.

I've downloaded the new update and am starting a new save with the reds. On my last save I got bored by season 3 but this time I am starting with Sunday's anuomatic rep to make it harder as the players won't be happy with my app etc so any success will be really hard gained.

After picking autommatic rep I got a regional rep and description is unknown manger do should make it an awful lot longer for tactics, team talks etc.

Hi lads loading up still in season 1 made no signing gonna keep it real in season 1

Hey guys, long time no see, how are you?

Gonna load up for a game or two. 2 games in 4 points. Tried with Andy...but in pre season he was ***** so dunno if I should bother with him or not!

Also, love the fact that they improved Lucas - how it should be!

Gonna load up for a game or two. 2 games in 4 points. Tried with Andy...but in pre season he was ***** so dunno if I should bother with him or not!

Im good & happy now the update is out felt like a rookie again playing FM 12

Hi lads loading up still in season 1 made no signing gonna keep it real in season 1

Alright mate

Alright mate feels like ages since I've played fm. I've started on a regional rep to make it a lot harder and hopefully make my save longer. An using a 4-5-1 so will be rotating Suarez and Carroll

Agger & Skrtel partnership is doing well so far in my save :p

Am gonna use Agger and Skrtel aswell :D

Just sent Flanno on loan to Millwall for the season. Sent Robinson there aswell, both as valuable team players. Got a recall clause aswell

Funny Carroll scored alot in the pre season now cant score in the season proper ill keep on playing him usually scores later on in the season alot

Suarez is a machine in my save cant stop scoring good to see the thread active again since the update is out im off lads back later on good luck in your games

Cya mate. I've made one signing - Ganso for £22M. The reason I bought him is because I have never signed him on any save on fm12 and when I try to get him a few seasons in no one will sell or want £70M+.

I plan to keep the squad as it is and maybe sell in Jan or end of season

Just been offered Gareth Bale for 22M he thinks Spurs are underachieving , United are interested in him aswell

Just been offered Gareth Bale for 22M he thinks Spurs are underachieving , United are interested in him aswell

Try to swap Downing for him :D

Try to swap Downing for him :D

:lol: He's gone to the Scum for 22M in the end , i'll keep my money till the summer and get Iker Muniain :cool:

Hi lads im gonna start again as my tactics were failing & was gonna get sacked also im gonna sign players for the 1st time ill post my transfers later on

Was 2 - 1 up at home against QPR 90min and Paddy Kenny came up for a corner Coates cleared it ball fell to Suarez jus inside our half of the pitch and he done a Alonso and scored :) He's on fire for me , Carroll cant get a look in

Finally get to start a save with my Reds (always wait until the last patch).

Currently sitting third Carroll and Suarez are walking over everyone. I play Carroll as a poacher up front and Suarez as a treq right behind him. No real transfers, everyone I wanted to bring in simply cost too much. I sent Coady to Wycombe on loand and Flanno is at Millwall. I did bring in Suarez lite...

Screenshot2012-03-10at112326AM.png

The tactics...

Screenshot2012-03-10at112342AM.png

Is Carroll actually scoring for you as a poacher?

I'm playing 4-4-2 with him as a Target Man and he's got 13 goals in 33 matches. Suarez on the other hand has 20 goals and 17 assists in 27 matches ;)

Top of the league, won the League Cup and playing Burnley in the quarters of the FA Cup. It's a good first season IMO :D

Started again using a 4-2-3-1 tactic & signed players for the 1st time in FM 12 only signed Ter Stegen for 15mill as a back up to Reina cost alot for a back up is rated 4 stars & May push Reina for 1st team in future years & Afellay from Barcelona for 1.3 Mill a bargain Sold Aurelio tried to sell Jones but couldn't sell him will try in Jan gonna rotate Suarez & Carroll in this save.

I also restarted on small database this time, my last save on the large db went abit weird, was slow in processing after jan feb and seem to lag and freeze at times, there were so many agents offering me players too, so much that it irritate me.

Agger & Skrtel what a combo only 5 goals in 14 games in the league we've had scored against us :)

Is Carroll actually scoring for you as a poacher?

I'm playing 4-4-2 with him as a Target Man and he's got 13 goals in 33 matches. Suarez on the other hand has 20 goals and 17 assists in 27 matches ;)

Top of the league, won the League Cup and playing Burnley in the quarters of the FA Cup. It's a good first season IMO :D

He is. I know it doesn't really make any sense, but it's working. Playing as a poacher with creativity turned down, run with ball turned down, etc., keeps him firmly planted in the box. He's scoring almost 1 a game. (I have him working on his quickness as well)

Suarez has spent the last two months injured so I've had to rely on Carroll a lot more than normal, he's fired me to second in the league.

Hi lads loading up my save where im 10 pts clear in season 1 & its only December

Just smashed City 3-0 to go top of the table at the first of December. Injuries are starting to pile up... Carroll, Suarez, Gerrard, Enrique, Lucas, Agger, Maxi, Johnson... basically my starting 11.

So are our finances always this bad? I'm already 9 million in the hole despite only spending 2 million on transfers.

So are our finances always this bad? I'm already 9 million in the hole despite only spending 2 million on transfers.

Most club income is in the off-season. Season tickets, sponsorship, European TV/prize money etc. Pretty much all clubs lose money month on month, but it fixes itself in Summer.

Most club income is in the off-season. Season tickets, sponsorship, European TV/prize money etc. Pretty much all clubs lose money month on month, but it fixes itself in Summer.

Well that I know, but Liverpool seem to be leaking funds like no other club I've used. Just means all the improvements to the youth setup are going to be cancelled every year just like they were on my FM11 save with Liverpool.

Are you still in season one? A transfer budget circa 50m is standard season 2 if you don't spend that much. With European football Liverpool are quite profitable in fm12.

Finally managed something for the first time :)

defencec.png

Only conceded 5 goals in the first 20 league games :p

Loading up for a bit guys :). I'm mainly playing Carroll for carling cup matches etc. Suarez is my main striker. With Stevie behind the striker

Actually, I'm going to start another save because I had lost a couple of games without saving and exited it and I don't want to play like this anymore so shall be starting again!

Well that I know, but Liverpool seem to be leaking funds like no other club I've used. Just means all the improvements to the youth setup are going to be cancelled every year just like they were on my FM11 save with Liverpool.

This is why I don't upgrade any facilities in the first year. But that being said, the junior coaching and youth recruitment can still be improved immediately and without fail.

Just finished my 1st season in the new patch.

TRANSFER MARKET

In:

Sime Vrsaljko 1.2M

Seydou Keita Ln Fee 750k

Willian 12M

Leandro Damiao 17.5M

Borja 26k

Juanje 525k

George Elokobi Ln Fee 230k

Mateo Musacchio 4.1M

Andrea Bertolacci 1.5M (Joins summer 2012)

Out:

Fabio Aurelio 1.9M

Nathan Eccleston 9k

Brad Jones 2M

Dirk Kuyt 14.5M

Jose Enrique 11M

Conor Coady loan

LEAGUE

Finished 2nd after one hell of a title race with Man City. Lost at Old Trafford with 3 games remaining which cost me the title.

FA CUP

Won it in a cracking final vs Newcastle. Ameobi gave them the lead in the 64th minute but Martin Skrtel equalised 10 minutes later with his 11th goal of the season! Then the almighty Craig Bellamy clinched it in the dying minutes of extra time!

FA 3rd round: Peterborough 2-0 (Willian, Carragher)

FA 4th round: Barnsley 3-0 (Skrtel, Gerrard, Downing)

FA 5th round: Nottm Forest 4-0 (Suarez 2x, Carragher, Adam)

FA 6th round: Burnley 2-1 (Damiao 2x)

FA Semi final: Swansea 2-0 (Carragher, Willian)

FA Final: Newcastle 2-1e (Skrtel, Bellamy)

LEAGUE CUP

Won that after a very exciting tournament. Beat Swansea in the final after extra time (again) 1-0 with a goal from Luis Suarez.

League Cup 2nd round: Southampton 3-0 (Suarez 3x)

League Cup 3rd round: Birmingham 3-0 (Murphy o.g, Carroll 2x)

League Cup 4th round: West Brom 2-1 (Carroll, Suarez)

League Cup Quarters: Tottenham 5-2e (Downing, Suarez, Bellamy, Adam 2x)

League Cup Semis: Man Utd. Leg 1: 3-0 (Carragher, Willian, Damiao) Leg 2: 1-1 (Suarez)

League Cup Final: Swansea 1-0e (Suarez)

Players

Luis Suarez: 39(4) games - 27 goals - 21 assists

Andy Carroll: 39(3) games - 16 goals - 5 assists

Stewart Downing: 44(1) games - 5 goals - 22 assists

Willian: 36(6) games - 9 goals - 9 assists (was horrible until I openly critised him in january, only had 1 goal and 1 assist)

Leandro Daimao: 17(7) games 11 goals - 6 assists (came in january transfer window)

Martin Skrtel: 36 games - 11 goals - 2 assists

Jack Robinson managed to start 29 games because Enrique left the club in january. Coates got a stunning 18 starts in the experience bank, Jonjo appeared 20 times throughout the season and Raheem Sterling got 2 starts and 1 sub appearence without impressing much.

My summer targets are Hamsik, Lavezzi, Ter Stegen and Hummels. Might bring in some youth aswell. I'll make an update when the window closes.

Agger out for 6/7 weeks after first friendly against Barcelona :(. Good thing I didn't sell Skrtel like I normally do, but I'm contemplating it since I need the money in order to buy players!

Felipe Anderson chose R.Madrid over me for the first time ever in all of my saves in fm2012 (which is about 5 or 6 or 7 lol). So have to sign Badelj now!

Alright lads wasn't able to get on the forums on sat :confused: don know why said servers were busy. Anyway am in work on nights this week so shall spend some time on my save over the weekend

Yeah I didn't get rid of them two :)

Good man!

Good to see a lively thread! I'm back from weekend away, so will be around and about this week with my new save. Off to watch MotD now tho, don't know the scores so it should be a good 'un!!

Carrolls to injury prone on my save

I've got about 5-6 injuries atm (including Stevie who starts injured) and it's annoying!

Full transfers for season 1 (not getting any more players)

Vsraljo - £4.5m

Badelj - £6.25m

Kovacic - £5m (coming next season as he is 17 - pretty much raided Dinamo for these 3)

Toloi - £3m

Grenier on loan

Keita (Barcelona one) on loan as cover for Lucas

Lucas Andersen - £1m

Yaya Sanogo - £1m

Moises - £0 (coming next season)

Carlos Fierro - £1.2m (coming next season)

all were done upfront.

Sold:

Johnson - £10m (£2.6m was upfront, rest over 4 years) to Spurs I think

Brad Jones - £500k

J.Cole - £3m (to be sold next summer) to Sunderland (interesting to see that you can offer to sell players that are away on loan!)

Maxi - £5.5m (over 4 years)

Got one friendly left and then start of the season!

Season One

Finished third in the league and won the FA Cup

englishpremierdivisionofn.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Season Two Transfers

Brought in Javi Martinez and Eden Hazard

liverpooltransfershisto.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More than a decent first season that, well done pal. Also, should be formidable this season with Martinez and Harard!!