Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

I picked up my Liverpool save last night after a break and closed out season number 2.

We won our 2nd league and FA Cup double, pipping Utd on goal difference in the league and coming from 1-0 down against them with 77 minutes gone in the FA Cup Final to win 2-1. But lost in the CL final 2-1 AET to Barcelona, Henderson gave us the lead but we couldn't hang on.

We played a 4-2-2-2 formation with Damiao and Suarez bagging the best 101 goals in all competitions between them. It was hard getting Gerrard or Hendo to perform at a decent standard so I made a decision to scrap it and I came up with a TC created 4-2-3-1 wide formation for season 3.

It would mean a turnover of players and the first to come in was M'Vila for £30m in installments. Downing was shipped out to Spurs for £8m, Carroll to Valencia for £9m and Adam to Dortmund for £4m. So along with the £50m transfer kitty we had the funds to make some big time signings. Downside of moving King Kenny's signings is that we have to still pay around £15k a week towards each one's wages.

The next of those big signings was Lucas Moura for £30m and the second, where we played slightly over the odds was Willian for £40m. Ben Foster came in also as cover for Reina and to bump our home grown player total for £2m.

Damiao's place is under threat now as Gerrard had a fantastic preseason at AMC and scored the winner in the Charity Shield against Utd as we came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 again... Henderson got the equaliser too, so the change in formation will hopefully get the best out of both of them and also give Shelvey a chance to shine too.

My starting 11 for season 3 will look something like this:

GK - Reina

DR - Johnson

DL - Enrique

DC - Skrtel

DC - Agger

MC - Lucas Leiva

MC - M'Vila

AMR - Lucas Moura

AMC - Gerrard

AML - Willian

FC - Suarez

Subs from: Foster, Kelly, Wilson, Coates, Henderson, Shelvey, Griezmann, Kuyt, Damiao, Sanogo.

Sterling, Coady, Flanagan and a regen are on loan at feeder club Celtic and the only real deadwood left rotting in our reserves is Joe Cole, having failed to agree a deal with Newcastle after a season's long loan.

It's hard having Damiao on the bench, especially as he almost won the league for us singlhandedly after signing in the January of season 1 but we can only play 1 up top, but hopefully we can give him enough games as Suarez can play all 3 AM positions as we rotate things. But I could well cash in on him if Neymar becomes available as he's more versatile and will fit the system a little better too.

First league game tonight after our Charity Shield success... Home versus Utd! :)

Finally got round to spending some time on the game, and although it pains me to relieve King Kenny of his duties, I NEEDED to play as the Reds.

Ok, I'm trying to keep it as British as I can, although I'm not adverse to the right foreign buy. After 12 games I'm top of the table, 3 points ahead of Man City. I've only lost once so far, and that was to City in a highly ridiculous 5-3 game at the Etihad. I had clawed it back to 3-3, but a couple of mistakes from Pepe Reina let Nasri in :( However, bounced back with a 2-1 away win at Arsenal despite going a goal down and them having 61% of the possession! Also knocked United out of the Carling Cup with a comfortable 2-0 win. I play a 4-2-3-1 mostly, as I can't get Carroll and Suarez to click. It's quite like real life in that I don't score enough! Haha. Didn't help that Bellers gots injured early on and has been out for a while. Adam Morgan got 20 minutes in the Carling Cup and scored, which is pleasing. Anyway....

Ins:

Joe Allen (Swansea) 4.5m - I use him as a DLP - support when I'm resting Charlie Adam, and he is immense

Tom Huddlestone (Spurs) 14m (had to pay over the odds!) - sits in my 2-man central midfield doing his job very efficiently

Ibrahim Affelay (Barcelona) 1.7m (absolute STEAL! 4 goals, 10 assists) - he usually plays on the right wing as an inside forward where he's been immense, but I sometimes switch him to the left and play him as a winger, and occasionally behind the striker

Danny Swanson (Dundee Utd) 2.4m - more of a back-up, but he's young and has bags of talent so I try to give him gametime when I can, usually behind the striker, but sometimes on the right wing

Ryan Shawcross - 15m (again, heavy price!) - immense. does everything I need him to do, and has chipped in with the odd goal from corners too

Outs:

Daniel Agger (Man City) - 16m - I like Agger a lot, but the offer was made, and Danny Wilson does the same job so I let him go

Lucas (Spurs) - 12m - originally eyed a straight swap for Huddlestone, but Lucas wasn't keen on the move, so I offered to clubs and Spurs came in. Not missed.

Kuyt (Spurs) - 8m - this is the spurs of old, buying Liverpool rejects (in game terms). happy to get rid I have to admit

Maxi Rodriguez (Valencia) - 6m - wasn't going to fit into my plans, but I'm still paying some of his wages! Curses!

Spearing, Hansen and Ecclestone are all out on loan. I have signings set up for January, being Gary Hooper (Celtic) 6m, Leigh Griffiths (Wolves) 1.1m, God himself (some Thai club) 90k, Butland (Birmingham) 2m. Skrtel is off for 10m to Russia I believe. I'm getting James Forrest (Celtic) and Fraser Fyvie (Aberdeen) at the end of the domestic season, and I'll of course see what happens with transfer budget and my final league finish before I look at anyone else.

Lucas becomes one of the best DMC's in my game so I don't ever sell him. He's so vital to my team. And Agger does well with Coates for me. I'm keeping Kuyt in order to make him a coach since he has 19 tactical and mental.

At beginning of 3rd season, Shelvey has gone to West Ham on loan (who are in the league so he'll get prem experience!) since I have too many midfield players - Moutinho, F.Anderson and Stevie (who is mainly as a backup).

But nice to see people trying different things. Good luck guys.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid keep offering me money for my Romario! He's only 2* out of his 4* potential! I don't want to sell him but they're offering £9m atm and increasing!

Hi, how come my young players doesn't want to go out on loans? be it 1mth to 6mths to a season, they keep rejecting...

Great game, started with a 442 short passing, tactic...played as follows...reina..johnson/kelly..carra/skrtl, agger, enrique..maxi/kuyt, lucas leiva, adam/gerrard, downing, carroll, luis/bellamy..wilfried subbing in when goals are nedded. won the league in the first year..knocked out of all comps..the second year though was tough..more to follow.

23 games in to the season, I'm top by 13 points, although I've just drawn 0-0 away to West Brom. Gary Hooper has made a flying start to his Liverpool career, bagging 6 in 6, including a hattrick in the league cup semi final second leg, and a goal after 16 seconds against Man City in a 3-0 league win at Anfield (payback for my lone defeat, and with 10 men!). Funnily enough, as soon as Hooper signed, Big Andy started banging them in, cruelly denied a hattrick in the FA Cup by an own goal credited to their GK, although it had already crossed the line. Coates wants to leave due to lack of playing time, which is understandable. I have already lined up Mathias Jorgenson from Copenhagen on a free transfer at the end of his contract, and I'm developing my youngsters nicely as it is.

One annoying element is that I bought Robbie Fowler for 90k, and he immediately decided to delay his retirement for a year. Hooray!!!! However, I wasn't allowed to offer him a playing contract, only a coaching one. Grrr. He is coaching my strikers on shooting though, with Peter Beardsley brought in to coach attacking. I'll keep you posted with how I get on

I'm fourth in Jan of 1st season.

I'm dominating possession in games and getting a good amount of shots at goal but wasn't scoring and would draw games I should win. I've played about 4 games with my new January signing 'HULK' and he has been on fire. 3 goals in 4, 2 or 3 assists as well. He scored a 50 yard goal for me against Everton to get me a 2-1 win. Goalie was near the edge of the area when Hulk won the ball just in the opposition half, volleyed it in as well.. CRAZY...

I wasn't planning on posting till the end of the first season but Hulk has been just too amazing for me...

... I was on an 9 game unbeaten streak but lost... First season, in Jan, doing well... League Cup Semi final 2nd leg against Chelski... I drew 3-3 (every goal i scored they would score about a minute after...) and got knocked out due to away goals... Then my FA cup match against Burnely I lose 2-0... Bloody frustrated...

Hi lads ill do one more season then ill start another game when the update comes out not that it matters since we didnt sign anymone the patch will come out either end of the month or 1st week in march the xbox will keep me busy until then :)

About to start a liverpool save for fm 12 anybody recomend any tactic preferably plug and play as i still havent got to terms with my own.

these 3 are better ones i have tried.

1. Brobs17 Updated FM12 4-3-3 Patch 12.1.1 V2

4-1-2-3 formation

Pitch Size: Minimum

Plug and Play tactic (classic)

NO Opposition Instructions

Team talks to assistant manager

No match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.

Match preparation

Work Load: Very High till All Fluid and then Average

Additional Area Focus: Defensive Positioning

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21257938/Brobs17+4-3-3+12.1.1+V2+%28Thurrock%2C+Sep+2013%29.tac

2. 4-2-3-1 Balista

pitch medium

match prep defensive position very high until fluid then low

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21137386

3. 41122 Optimus

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1le12mup6k97b8q

1 has better defense overall and doesn't get caught as much in counters but scores letter

2 & 3 lotsa goals

4 games left of the season and number 19 is in the bag!!!! Woohoo!!! Struggled the past few games though, and lost to United at OT 4-2. Bounced back after that and saw it through. Won the Carling Cup with a convincing 4-0 win over Chelsea (they had more shots than me), and have the FA Cup final against Aston Villa to look forward to as well, after a lucky semi final draw (Villa got Arsenal, I had Scunthorpe :p) Could be the treble!!!! Annoyingly the game just crashed on me though when I was 1-1 with Spurs at WHL and Adebayor had just been sent off! Grrr! I always find Spurs difficult to play for some reason. The movement of their midfield is unreal!

I signed Rivaldo on a free transfer, purely to see if he'll tutor some youngsters. Jari Litmanen has done the same (as well as playing the odd game and conjuring up some magical assists) and he's even offered to take up a coaching role.

Ryan Shawcross has been a beast at centre back. His stats have gone up nicely, as have those of Danny Wilson. I can't see Jorgensen getting a game when he arrives at the end of his contract.

Shelvey wanted first team football so I shipped him out to Southampton on loan and he did well. I'm planning on building 2 good squads moving forward, bringing through a lot of good youth players

Upload it in higher quality ;)

Big decision. £5m + Coates for Tevez? I already have Rossi though. He'll also be my highest paid player by far. Not sure what to do.

Upload it in higher quality ;)

Big decision. £5m + Coates for Tevez? I already have Rossi though. He'll also be my highest paid player by far. Not sure what to do.

What season are you in? Those two could easily play uptop together- but how will Suarez fit into it?

Second season, decided against it. Don't want to spend that much on wages. Could have played Suarez on one of the wings, or even Rossi AMC. Ganso wants away from Santos, so hopefully I can get him for less than the £80m they wanted before! Also signing Ter Stegen, but let him stay at his club for the next season so he can get more first team football.

these 3 are better ones i have tried.

1. Brobs17 Updated FM12 4-3-3 Patch 12.1.1 V2

4-1-2-3 formation

Pitch Size: Minimum

Plug and Play tactic (classic)

NO Opposition Instructions

Team talks to assistant manager

No match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.

Match preparation

Work Load: Very High till All Fluid and then Average

Additional Area Focus: Defensive Positioning

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21257938/Brobs17+4-3-3+12.1.1+V2+%28Thurrock%2C+Sep+2013%29.tac

2. 4-2-3-1 Balista

pitch medium

match prep defensive position very high until fluid then low

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21137386

3. 41122 Optimus

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1le12mup6k97b8q

1 has better defense overall and doesn't get caught as much in counters but scores letter

2 & 3 lotsa goals

Thanks for that. Which 1 would you stick with and where would u play suarez upfront or att left ive brought in doumbia from cska whos pretty good looking for up top. also brough it subotic sold skrtel and carrol for 5 each

Thanks for that. Which 1 would you stick with and where would u play suarez upfront or att left ive brought in doumbia from cska whos pretty good looking for up top. also brough it subotic sold skrtel and carrol for 5 each

I find Balista and Optimus unpredictable at the back.

I am using Brobs17 Updated FM12 4-3-3 Patch 12.1.1 V2. Pitch Size: Minimum, NO Opposition Instructions, Team talks to assistant manager, No match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.

Match preparation

Work Load: Very High with no specific focus area till All Fluid and then Average . Very High with no specific focus will gel your team to the tactic much faster.

Additional Area Focus: Defensive Positioning recommended but i have tried no focus and attacking movements on some periods and some games.

I stick and play suarez on either STCR or STCL, if Bellemy or some good left winger/striker is doing well then suarez on the right, he does ok in the centre too but he doesn't have the height for the corner routine setpiece.

Carroll you sold? he is best in STC, score loads together with the corner routine. Doumbia should be awesome, he can play on all 3 positions i suppose but if he is your best striker, stick him in the centre.

As you play you will realise, thou speed is important for the counter attacks, especially the left and right positions, decent pace is good enough actually because that allows them more chance to cross if they aren't that fast,

if they are too fast, they will go one on one more often i think.

Some wingers, max, downing, etc i gave them training and rotate play on the MCL MCR positions.

One more thing, if down to ten men, take out the weaker performing MCL or MCR, this tactic is important to have the 3 strikers up front, they can even beat teams with ten men as long as team plays well.

How much have you played with it? and how it is?

In my third season now and going well with only one major summer signing GANSO, only one problem my other centre midfielders Shelvey and Henderson have about 7.4 averages while ganso has 6.8.?? added to this he has 14 starts and only 2 assists with no goals.. Any advice on what way i could fit him into the team? I play 451 433 and 4312 formations and he hasnt played well in any of them.. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Alright lads, decided to pick FM12 back up now the transfer window is closed and start a new game using Forbes's update with the Reds.

LIVERPOOL PRE-SEASON 2011/12

I began the game with without transfer budgets at the start of the game so clubs and myself keep their irl players for now. First things I did was set up a link between us and Cardiff and sent Brad Jones, Jonjo Shelvey and Nathan Eccleston on loan to them. I then promoted José Segura to a senior coach and extended the contracts of Jack Robinson and Conor Coady.

We had a great pre-season which I used to experiment with a certain two tactics I had in mind and all went well, winning five games and drawing two.

2012-02-03_00001.jpg

As you can see I have also played my first league game of the season and smashed QPR at Anfield 6-0, which included a masterclass performance from 'El Pistolero' as Suarez assisted twice and bagged a hatrick. Charlie Adam also scored a 40 yard free-kick.

After experimenting in pre-season, I went for a modified 4-4-2 formation with a fluid attacking mentality. The right wing position is adjusted a little up to accommodate Dirk Kuyt's role in the squad, it also leaves room for Glen Johnson to push up and whip in his effective early crosses to the attacking players. I've gave the players some creative freedom with a balanced style of passing and high pressured wide style of play. We also zonal mark when defending, counter attack and play a reasonably quick tempo.

2012-02-03_00002.jpg

2012-02-03_00003.jpg

The tactic worked extremely well in pre-season with high workload focusing on teamwork, and before the QPR game set it to attacking movement. The workload will decrease once the team is fully familiar with the chosen tactics.

Hopefully the performances continue, will keep you updated!

Finally ended FM 12 winning the league,Champions league & Carling cup took me until season 5 wont start another save until the new patch comes out

I find Balista and Optimus unpredictable at the back.

I am using Brobs17 Updated FM12 4-3-3 Patch 12.1.1 V2. Pitch Size: Minimum, NO Opposition Instructions, Team talks to assistant manager, No match shouts as it is a Classic Tactic.

Match preparation

Work Load: Very High with no specific focus area till All Fluid and then Average . Very High with no specific focus will gel your team to the tactic much faster.

Additional Area Focus: Defensive Positioning recommended but i have tried no focus and attacking movements on some periods and some games.

I stick and play suarez on either STCR or STCL, if Bellemy or some good left winger/striker is doing well then suarez on the right, he does ok in the centre too but he doesn't have the height for the corner routine setpiece.

Carroll you sold? he is best in STC, score loads together with the corner routine. Doumbia should be awesome, he can play on all 3 positions i suppose but if he is your best striker, stick him in the centre.

As you play you will realise, thou speed is important for the counter attacks, especially the left and right positions, decent pace is good enough actually because that allows them more chance to cross if they aren't that fast,

if they are too fast, they will go one on one more often i think.

Some wingers, max, downing, etc i gave them training and rotate play on the MCL MCR positions.

One more thing, if down to ten men, take out the weaker performing MCL or MCR, this tactic is important to have the 3 strikers up front, they can even beat teams with ten men as long as team plays well.

How much have you played with it? and how it is?

Havent tried it yet busy weekend. I will give it a go for a few month and post feedback thanks for the input

have any of you had any luck (European class player) with Shelvey, does he become more than a backup (and only due to his homegrown status)

I am just starting my 3rd season as Liverpool. The 1st season I didnt sign anyone but in season 2 I bought Hazard (20m), Vaart (23m), Insua (6.75m), Caulker (9m), sold Cole for 3m and let loads of dead wood go for free. In the 2nd season I finished 2nd in league (1 pt behind Man City), Won League Cup and FA Cup. Knocked out of the CL by Real Madrid in the semi's. Players that are going good are Robinson, Henderson, Eccleston, Insua & Coates. Been offerred 14M for Coates but think he will be a solid player later.

So new season - Got good bank balance of £102m, £41m transfer kitty given. Noticed that the % of income available was low so i spoke to the board and got it upped to 90%.Sold Hazard to Man City for £35m (been awful for me), Bellemy retired. Bought Thibaut Courtois (17m in total- looks like he will be awsome player). Looking at good potential younger players now. Might sell Maxi and Kuyt but could do with a repalcement. I find it hard to sign some of the players that you guys have got.

I have renewed many contracts long terms so that I can concentrate in improving income and expenses. Going to try using my young players that are in the reserves and developing well instead of massive money signings.

Sitting around fourth at the opening of the january transfer window in the first season. no funds to buy any new players. Hopefully can finish the season well and finish in that all important CL spot. Feel like there is no pace upfront so want an explosive striker who wont cost too much. Any ideas?

Hi, how come my young players doesn't want to go out on loans? be it 1mth to 6mths to a season, they keep rejecting...

I'm having the same problem. The majority of my young players seem to have no interest in going out on loan be it to feeder clubs or other clubs who have offered to take them on loan. The length of the loan doesn't seem to matter - they're having none of it! Any way I can sort this?

Currently sitting top of the league about to start November and playing some terrific football, but been hit with three injuries to key players, will post an update when I'm home from work

I'm having the same problem. The majority of my young players seem to have no interest in going out on loan be it to feeder clubs or other clubs who have offered to take them on loan. The length of the loan doesn't seem to matter - they're having none of it! Any way I can sort this?

Do it inside the transfer centre, not out of it, there is a bug i think.

Sitting around fourth at the opening of the january transfer window in the first season. no funds to buy any new players. Hopefully can finish the season well and finish in that all important CL spot. Feel like there is no pace upfront so want an explosive striker who wont cost too much. Any ideas?

pretty tricky without spending. Eder from casena i think comes amazing.

Do it inside the transfer centre, not out of it, there is a bug i think.

Thought it probably was, cheers. Hope it works.

Quick update from my save

OCTOBER 2011

Currently in October and tactically analysing each of my games is paying off, as we currently sit in a tight third place in the league and still unbeated in all competitions so far.

2012-02-08_00004.jpg

My best result so far is possibly my latest at Anfield..

2012-02-08_00003.jpg

With this first half hat-trick, Carroll's goal tally is now on 8 goals from 8 starts.

BUT...

Then things have all of a sudden went bad.

In the second half of the Arsenal game Andy Carroll tore his calf and had to be replaced with Suarez..

2012-02-08_00001.jpg

Devastating news. So, I put Suarez on despite me wanting to save his fitness as Bellamy is also injured for five weeks when..

2012-02-08_00002.jpg

So I am now without Carroll, Suarez and Bellamy.. with Martin Kelly also on the sidelines for 3 weeks.

Thinking of recalling Jonjo Shelvey from his Cardiff loan where he is getting constant MOTM's and put him the middle, then move Gerrard up to a Trequista role behind Kuyt who will be playing as a Deep Lying Forward. With possibly Michael Ngoo as my substitute forward or possibly Maxi

Should I sell Leandro to Arsenal for £15m upfront? I don't need the money but he is only 2* out of his 3.5* so he can be good for me, but it is a profit since buying him for £9.5m (release clause) in 1st season. He plays but is third in line behind Suarez and Damiao but still gets atleast 10-20 games per season since he is occasionally played on the wings.

May not sell since I don't need the money and have £57m to spend in pre-season 4. But I do have two regens that are tearing up the reserves and under 18s that I should give a chance too...hmm. If I do sell, it would just be to help the bank balance....

sell.. 15mil for a backup/rotation player at best is good business... and sink the money back into the under 18's and reserves

Ill be on soon when the final patch is out ill start a new save wonder where some of the old faces are ? i hope they comeback soon

glennn do you know something i dont? you say soon like you think its gonna be out tonight? or something... or is it just wishful thinking?

Two questions:

What is a good feeder club? I want to send my good kids out on loan. I have been sending them to Genk (which I think is an excellent place because the manager is great and they are a force in the Begluim League) and also my other place is Nott Forest. I think they aren't that good....

What's everyone paying their new players? I try to keep control of my wages and don't want to overspend, but what is overspend for a club like LFC.

Cheers,

Joe

I try to keep my wages upto around 35,000 for my key signings. I realise people will disagree and they will be paying people like Hazard 90,000 but I like to keep the core of the team and just add one or two realistic signings.

And as for a feeder club it depends what your looking for, whether it to be to send youngsters on loan or poach someone elses yourh talent. I have a link with Cardiff and sent Shelvey, Flanagan, B Jones and Eccleston there. Shelvey and Flanagan are playing outstanding there helping them to 2nd place, Jones is a rotation keeper and Eccleston is being used as a sub.

35,000? Is that Euros? Is that per week?

If I assume you are paying your key players 35,000 english pound a week... Jeez that's some amazing financial control you got there...

sell.. 15mil for a backup/rotation player at best is good business... and sink the money back into the under 18's and reserves

After seeing it in the way that you've said, I'm gonna sell.

EDIT: Not gonna sell. Don't want to sell to a rival and think I don't need to sell either. He's a good backup.

How much are you lot paying for hazard im up at 15m and still getting a no.

And lavezzi aswell 16m getting knocked back

I got Hazard for £40m. £28m of it was upfront as far as I recall. Not sure on Lavezzi as I've never brought him.

I seen on the official links that henderson is a wonderkid. Where do you guys play him and what training do you give him. I have schedules for B2B playmaker Att Playmaker Def Att MidC Or Att Mid Right ? Where would he fit in ?