FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought FM for the first time since 09, currently downloading on Steam, and obviously I will be playing as Liverpool! Gonna concentrate on the youth side of the game a lot, maybe get rid of the older boys, and bring in younger replacements.

Alright guys, ain't posted here in a while coz I've hardly been playing fm lately and don't think im gonna be playing as much as I used too. Currently after 20 games, I'm 7 points clear in 1st season but if Spurs win their 2 games in hand, they'll be 3 or 4 points behind me.

I am now in season 3 and have finally got a team together that looks like it might win the league. i am 4 points clear in February.

........................................Suarez..................................

....Hazard..........................Jack Wilshire...................Lavezzi

.........................Lucas......................Asamoah................

Enrique............Kjaer.............................Shawcross.............Johnson

..........................................Reina...........

a 4-2-3-1 formation. i messed around with other formations in previous seasons, but have settled on this one now.. Lucas as a ball winning midfielder. Asamoah as box to box or central midfielder. Hazard, Wilshire and Lavezzi as advanced playmakers (Wilshire on support duty, other 2 on attack). Suarez as advanced forward or poacher.

on the bench have good back up defenders like Coates, Robinson , Kelly and a 4 star 18 year old regen, then for centre mid i have Stevie G, Henderson and a good regen for centre mid, and then Lucas Moura, Downing, Suso and raheem stirling for the attacking midfield rolls. Ilker Munian, Sangago and Mbaye Niang as back up for Suarez, with Munian particualrly impressive (currently on loan but want to make it permenant).

the team is regualrly scoring 4 or more each game now, including against Man City and Arsenal recently. my attacking quartet of Hazard, Wilshire (loads of assists), Lavezzi and Suarez are awsome. i originally played Wilshire in centre mid as an advanced playmaker, but he was poor and it seemed i had wasted the £30 million i paid for him, until i moved him further forward where he has been amazing.

in the summer will try to add Yann M`villa to take Lucas place in the first eleven (lucas will be on the bench and will probably sell Hendo), but otherwise no changes needed. have a few good youngsters too.

it took me until the January window of season 3 to finally get rid of everyone i wanted to, but having just sold Carroll for £12 million there is no deadwood left.

started my second season after winning the league. i have to say its been a disappointing transfer window mostly because i cant shift any of the dead wood. i got 36M to spend but my wages were already maxed out. i got Eriksen for 10M somehow and Fierro but the rest were some very good regens.

cole and aqua are back and nobody wants them. nobody wants to loan my youngster so my squad is hefty.

have WBA in the CS and the defense of the league will begin.

started my second season after winning the league. i have to say its been a disappointing transfer window mostly because i cant shift any of the dead wood. i got 36M to spend but my wages were already maxed out. i got Eriksen for 10M somehow and Fierro but the rest were some very good regens.

cole and aqua are back and nobody wants them. nobody wants to loan my youngster so my squad is hefty.

have WBA in the CS and the defense of the league will begin.

Does Eriksen become good? I could get him for around 10Mil or Hazard for 32.5Mil.

Currently second in the league, board gave me more wage funds and 11.5mil in fees, then I sold Maxi.

Hey guys haven't posted for a while, been working on other saves. Here's a quick update on my season:

theinvincibles.png

We look good on our 20th Premier League trophy and Arsenal should be worried that we could beat their record!

andtheteamwhogotusthisf.png

And here's the team that got us so far. Let me know what you think and possible transfers I should make, just to note I'm in 2014/15 season ;)

Team looks brilliant mate! How much did you get Hazzard for? Bought him for 32.5...hasn't did anything of note yet, hopefully that changes soon.

I got him for £45 Million, which I thought was abit pricey and he didn't do much for the first two seasons but this one he's just been on fire! 17 Goals, 30 Assists in 38 games so far

2nd season ended, i won EVERYTHING!! did the Quadruple,

Carroll was my CL final hero, scored the winner past Man Utd. He also ended up on 20 goals in 48 games.

Suarez was top scorer on 25 in 58.

Gerro had 20 in 60.

start of third season, i have signed Wickham, Tevez n couple of regens Tevez was 9mil.

For me it's the opposite... Harder to get rid of Aqua than it is to get rid of Cole...

Cole went to a newly promoted West Ham for 1 mil... but we're still paying 30,000 in salary contribution until 2014!!!... That was such a poor piece of business for the club... I don't know what LFC are going to do with him when he comes off his loan (IRL)

I shopped Aqua around... even considered playing him... but i just don't have room for him in the club. No one would buy, but Dortmund took him on a season long loan. They're paying 50% of his salary, gave me about a million upfront for him, and agreed to pay 4.6 mil to make it permanent... Which i would take in a heart-beat. They have him listed as "an important first team player" but he took a knock in the beginning of the season (It's November now). Now healthy, he's currently slotted as their starting MCR.... but we'll see how long that lasts.

On a side note...

What does everyone think about buying Sergio Canales for 11 mil (January window, 2nd season)... Deal or no Deal?

I don't really NEED him... Adam is doing brilliantly, and i've been getting Shelvey some playing time as well... I also have Kovaccic as a back-up who is fighting for play time.

But at 11 mil, i see Canales as a steal and definitely someone who can either contribute to the team, or contribute to the pocket book in 1-2 years time.

Canales is 21 years old, with epic creativity and flair. If i did sign him, he'd play as a DLP or AP in the MC position. Currently he's rotting in the Real Madrid B-team, and it doesn't look like he'll be getting any playing time soon. The kids got a 130 million release clause... So i consider being able to sign him for 11 mil a coup d'Etat of sorts.

I typically alternate between two formations... a 4-1-3-2 (narrow with 1 DM, 3 CMs, 2 Forwards) or a 4-1-2-2-1 (1 DM, 2 CMs, 2 wingers, 1 Forward), and i'm currently using Adam, Gerrard, Shelvey, Kovaccic, and Jordan in the MC positions... occasionally rotating in Jack Collison to play a Box-to-Box role in my 4-1-3-2 (when he's not in the DM role).

My DM's are either Gattuso (signed on a free from Milan), Bertolacci, and Collison (Lucas Leiva requested a transfer to a "bigger team", and went to Bayern for 19 mil).

I don't really have any quality MC prospects in the youth team, so developing Shelvey and Kovaccic is fairly important. Although, i guess if it works out Canales is young enough that he could potentially own the position for the next 7-8 years.

Another possibility is to drop Gerrard back to the DM position (Gattuso is slowly starting to decline at age 34) and slot Canales in to his role...

So what do you think... Sign Canales and take away play/development time from Shelvey and Kovaccic?... Move Stevie to the DM role?... Or just pass on the deal all together?..

Spending in summer of pre season 2.

Ins:

Hazard for £40m. (£28m upfront + £12m over 48 months)

Papadopolous for £19. (£15m upfront + £4m over either 12 or 48 months)

Carlos Fierro for £3m

Dudek for free

Romario for £3.4m

Sold:

Adam - £6m to Fulham

Hendo - loan at Fulham

Wilson - £3.1m to West Ham (over 48 months)

Johnson - £7m to At. Madrid (over 48 months)

Aquaman - £6m to Napoli (over 48 months)

Kelly - £3.9m to Villa

Doni - £2m to City

Bakenga who I brought for £55k to Arsenal for £2.5m

Bellamy £1.1m to West Ham.

Still have Cole and Carroll rotting in reserves :(.

Spurs are ******* me off. They brought Cavani for £28m rising to £33m! They spent like £60m in January transfer window of season 1 buying mainly one MC and 3/4 full backs...

I normally wasn't going to buy over months but everyone is doing it and it is not fair to me if I don't as I would not be able to keep up with the spending.

Brought in some good regens too.

ouch a few bad sales there mate, the kelly one for instance. i also sold bellamy to west ham for 1.1 lol. Carroll is awesome in the second season, he was gash in the first, too many injuries and only 5 goals in 18 games... second season was a different story 20 in 40 odd.

No-one would buy them for any higher unfortunately :(

Might try Carroll as a back up I guess. He scored alot for the reserves last season lol.

Had to get rid of players like Kelly etc those who are on the fringes since Hazard is on £100k a week lol. Have a pretty small squad though - hopefully big enough be be in all competitions till January.

Just Started My Save Last night but didn't play much, now about to play 1st game of Season, Brought in Adam Johnson from City, Should do Ok, Was quite a lot of $$$ though, 17.5m over 48 Months.

Let Hansen, Spearing, Eccelston, Flanagan And Robinson go out on loan.

So, 1st game of season, I've got Scum Utd...

Lost 2-0 :(, Dissapointing Game really, Had a few chances, was more dominant then them in 1st half but yet they scored twice, and Second they just rolled it around, couldn't get anything going, Oh well, Change the squad up abit and got Villa now, What formation and tactics you lot use??? Would help alot? And who and how you play for Strikers?? Thanks in Advance

Just beat Villa 1-0 down to a Own goal by Collins in the 76th min, 3 Points on board, Bought in Nelson Oliviera just before the game on loan with view to buy, PLayed well of bench. Adds something to team, How do you get Suarez playing??? He is rubbish for me :( next up, Scunthorpe in CC, Should win but then again....

Played Scunnie, Won 5-1 With Lodeiro Coming on in 75th min and scoring in 80th assist from Suarez :D, Since then lpayed Everton and Swansea, 0-0 draws both, Defence playing eeally well, But attackers are turd... Gerrard back for Wigan game, Changed tactics, sacrafices the defence a bit but alot more attacking :)

Brought in Own Hargreaves on a free as cover for Lucas. Last season, Lucas played almost every single game for me. But now that I'm in the Champions League, he needs to be fresh, so gonna play Hargreaves for FA/League Cup matches me thinks.

Also brought Leandro (the one whose meant to be the next Ronaldo - fat brazilian one) so hope he brings the goods as cover for Suarez - he's gonna develop alongside Fierro.

Cheers mate, will look to doing that when i stop scoring, but just after i turned m tactics differently before wigan game i'm a new team!

Played Stoke in Carling Cup4th Round, 1-0 Downing with his first goal.

Beat fulham 2-1 away with Suarez and Skrtel scoring and them picking up a consolation, was a easy win.

Then Beat Bolton 3-0 At home Suarez (2) and Adam scoring.

Great run, un-beaten in 6 or 7 now, Up to 7th but really close at top of Prem, Think most of y turn around is down to Stevie G back :D, Only thing bad is Agger out for 6 weeks, But kelly played well earlier in season so should do well :)

Archived