Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Halfway through my third season and going well. Four points ahead of the red Mancs, with City way down in 5th.

Just gave a debut to one of my youngsters, i'm going to give him some games this year when i can afford to rest Lucas or Masch. Spearing makes it four midfielders.

screenshot20111223at322.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I played Suarez as a poacher and told him to learn to 'place shots' (which I normally do but this time, he didn't learn it but mostly does) and focused individually on his composure and then finishing. I played him upfront alone, and he got almost 50 goals.

Gonna probably start a new save.

Yes a 2-2 draw at OT means that we made it to the final 4-2 on aggregate what a performance from us now i have Real Madrid in the final

might start a save with samp and see if i can get the LFC job in a couple of seasons

Seriously p!ssed off with steam. wont allow me to load my game. still do not get shy steam had to be used when you bought the boxed version and have the disk it it should work

We Won it 6 times in, We Won It 6 Times In Amsterdam we won it 6 times.

yes a very comfortable win against Real Madrid 3-0 win after a difficult season in the league this is the perfect way to end it.

Ok guys, quick question. First season, Lucas. Do I play him as BWM - support or as a DLP - defend?

I used to play lucas as BMW. put you can see which of his stats are best for each position if you go to player instructions and set the position.

Just out of curiousity... which country has generated the best regens for everybody here? Also I am already in year 2020/21. and I have to say that not many regents have great ratings. Especially the best rating percentage. I hardly get regens with over 80%. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to have a lot of nations league loaded? Please advise boys! thanks

oh and something else that annoys me. Stadium expansion!?! has anyone moved to a new stadium at all in this game? MY stadium has now a capacity of almost 62000. Average attendance is almost 97% but every time I ask for a new stadium the Board says that it doesnt believe that the fanbase isnt big enough. What do I do? Pls note that I am in season 2020/21 and I have won the Premier League and Champions League very often and I am in the third richest team and a balance of over £200 million. My salary budget is low and I dont have big stars. Biggest earner is Goetze with over 200k the next biggest earner is around 130k.

Please help

I used to play lucas as BMW. put you can see which of his stats are best for each position if you go to player instructions and set the position.

I play lucas as a CM support next to Masch as a BWM support. Both in the CM position. Works for me

oh and something else that annoys me. Stadium expansion!?! has anyone moved to a new stadium at all in this game? MY stadium has now a capacity of almost 62000. Average attendance is almost 97% but every time I ask for a new stadium the Board says that it doesnt believe that the fanbase isnt big enough. What do I do? Pls note that I am in season 2020/21 and I have won the Premier League and Champions League very often and I am in the third richest team and a balance of over £200 million. My salary budget is low and I dont have big stars. Biggest earner is Goetze with over 200k the next biggest earner is around 130k.

Please help

I edited the database before starting my game and set the attendance to equal the mancs as i think our fanbases are similar in real life. So i set it to min about 50000, average about 75000 and max 100000. The board started building a new stadium in the second season. The game used to be completely biased against Liverpool and a little bit of editing evens it out again.

Finished season 1 will do a review later wishing all FM gamers a happy Christmas

A site i never thought i would see also merry christmas to everyone on the forums!

engu.png

I edited the database before starting my game and set the attendance to equal the mancs as i think our fanbases are similar in real life. So i set it to min about 50000, average about 75000 and max 100000. The board started building a new stadium in the second season. The game used to be completely biased against Liverpool and a little bit of editing evens it out again.

I am not very good with the Editor. What do i need to do? I never actually used the editor? Would I need to start a new game?

OK quick rant now. Since the updated it seem that everytime i make a substitution around 65 minutes i concede a goal. Has happened 3 times in 5 games now

Happy christmas everyone just suffered a 7-0 loss to the gunners & finding it hard to keep cleansheets as well

Starting my annual Liverpool game since my other games have seem to fizzle out in two or three seasons due to them being way too easy or stupidly difficult. I'll do a proper post of it when I finish my pre-season. :)

Hey just got FM12 for christmas, got any signings that are good for Liverpool?

Make sure you sign Carlos Fierro immediately after you start up. One of the most promising players in the game.

As for signings.. there's not much you really need to sign. Maybe a young 'keeper (Jack Butland, Alphonse Areola could be worth looking at) to loan out for the first season whilst Doni is backup and then you can offload him off the next season/January (Doni's on 50k a week, which is ridiculous for a backup player).

Release Andre Wisdom - on 10k a week and he is far from good enough for Liverpool's team anytime in the future.

Could also sign Wilfried Bony from Vitesse for £2.5 Million release clause. Liverpool are very lacking in strikers and he's perfect for backup (or even as a replacement for Carroll since he seems to be very inconsistent for me).

Since Downing lacks flair and determination to be a decent winger you could sign Willian or Douglas Costa (both from Shahktar) or could stick Gerrard there when he's not injured.

That's all I've got. Best of luck. :)

Started my first save with Liverpool yesterday and have to say i'm loving it. A 6-0 win on the opening day against Arsenal the highlight so far thanks to Uruguayan masterclass from Suarez (4) and Coates (2). Coates has been immense for me at the back. 8 goals in 19 league starts, he's been a rock with Agger at the back.

His unexpected form led me to sell Skrtel to Porto for 10 million in January as he just couldn't get a game. Sending Flanno and Robinson on loan at Bournemouth and Sheff Utd for 6 months did wonders for their progress and am debating whether to slowly introduce them instead of Enrique and Johnson or send them out on loan again till the end of the season. Convinced the board to affiliate me with Bournemouth which led to an amazing 1-0 win for them against the blue **** in the Carling Cup. :D

Edit:

Scratch that. Highlight of my season:

liverpoolvmanutdinforma.png

Long time lurker on these forums and this thread specifically (and the 2011 version) .

I just got the new Away kit for X-mas and wanted to share my joy with some people that would understand (since i'm from, and live in the U.S.A., most of my friends and family don't get it).

Merry Christmas and YNWA, from a yank that bleeds Liverpool red.

Also, just finished my first season with the club. Gonna put together a recap post at some point in the future.

After starting and restarting a Liverpool save several times, I finally committed to a formation, a starting XI, and a vision for the club... and I am very pleased with the result.

We finished 2nd in league, behind Chelsea... But we didn't occupy this spot until the last couple of weeks. We spent most of the season flirting with 4th, moving in and out of the top 4 fairly regularly. Man City and and Tottenham dominated the top two spots for 3/4 of the season, with Chelsea owning the third. It wasn't until Villas-Boas brought in a familiar face, Hulk, in the January window (for 19 mil) that they started to push their way to the top, un-seating City and Tottenham, and making room for us in the process.

barclayspremierleagueovv.png

For my own transfer policy, I decided early on that I was going to try and limit my transfers of big-name game changing players, and instead develop my own youth. I've tried to follow the Moneyball / Soccernomics ideology as close as possible.

1) New managers waste money, ergo, limit their say in transfers.

2) Draw opinion from several people from different backgrounds. (I always scout transfer targets 2-3 times with different scouts)

3) Avoid stars of recent international tournaments.

4) Avoid certain nationalities (e.g. Brazilian, Dutch) as they are overpriced.

5) Buy players in their early twenties; older players are overvalued and youngsters aren’t fully developed.

6) Sell a player either before buyers see deterioration in his game or when a club offers more than he’s worth.

7) Replace your best players before selling.

8) Never buy strikers because they are overpriced; develop them instead.

9) Buy players with personal problems , then help them deal with their issues. (doesn't apply so much to FM)

10) Help new players relocate. (This doesn't really apply too much in FM12 either, so we'll go with):

Overspend to fill gaps in the squad, as, the quicker they are filled, the quicker a team can start turning a profit.

(big ups to http://worldfootballcolumns.com/2011/07/15/the-scouser-report-soccernomics-moneyball-and-liverpools-transfer-policy/)

So that being said, here's a look at my transfers by the end of the year:

liverpooltransfershisto.png

While it looks like a lot, none of my signings were starting XI players. In fact, only Collison and Erick Torres got time with the first team in regular match play. Rochina came in as a loan to provide cover in the AML position (as Downing was injured early, and often). I liked Rochina because he was cheap, had decent stats with a little room to grow, and was labeled the next David Villa (a title that so far is over hyped).

However, Rochina got little play time, and when he did, he wasn't very exciting. I contemplated signing him full time at the end of the season, but with youth like Sterling waiting in the wings, i felt it would of been money wasted in the end.

Collison proved to be great cover, working as a box-to-box midfielder. I don't see him breaking in to the starting XI, but is a quality bench player, and as a 4.7 mil signing, i see him possibly doubling the clubs investment in a few years when we off-load him.

Torres was a bit of a let down when he did get game time, but the staff rate him well, and he'll get time to develop.

Oh... and i had to bring in Fowler. He didn't, and won't, get any regular season play time... but from a sentimental point of view, he's a quality member of the team.

As for outgoing players, most were driftwood. I took a little hit on the mass releasing of bad youth, but long term i see it as being beneficial.

We also developed a good relationship with Crystal Palace, and our youngsters helped keep them out of relegation. As a sort of "Et tu Brute" moment however, Crystal Palace knocked us out in the early stages of the Carling cup, when they beat a team of youth and reserves 3-2 at Selhurst park in the 2nd round :mad:.

barclayspremierleaguestw.png

Other highlights from the season were a waltz in to the FA Cup finals, where we had to beat Gillingham -> Watford -> Man U -> Blackpool -> Reading -> which resulted in a 4 - 1 victory over Aston Villa in the final.

Luis finished with the golden boot (25 goals), and Adam led the league in assists (from the DLP role, he gave us 23 assists). Reina also won the golden gloves.

Skrtel was our best defender (after Agger and Carra were injury plagued). His performances garnered attention from Tottenham at the end of the season, who bid 15 mil for him (11 mil coming in over time). It was painful to say yes, but at 27, i don't feel we would have gotten a better offer down the road, and I wanted to free up space for the prospective younger CB's coming through the ranks.

Also of note, Kelly started about half of the games, as Johnson suffered a bad 2-3 month injury. It looks like Kelly will be my first choice going in to season two, as Johnson's attributes have taken a nasty dip. I'm currently in pre-season of my 2nd year, and can't even get anyone to take a sniff of Johnson... not sure what to do about him.

Finally... the Andy Carrol dilemma. He barely got any play time, due to Suarez's form and my preferred single striker formation. I did give him a go, and tried to make it work with him in the beginning of the season... but once Suarez hit stride, Carrol was merely a bench warmer.

Currently in pre-season of year 2, and Carrol is preforming beautifully for the national team in the Olympics. I watched him score four goals against Suarez and his Uruguay side... which is prompting me to re-touch my tactics and develop a narrow 4-4-2 that will allow me to feature Suarez in a Trequarista role, and Carrol as a DLF/Target man. We'll see how it goes once he comes back from international duty, but I think my new starting line-up will look like:

------Suarez----Carrol--------

------------------------------

----Adam--Gerrard--Shelvey---

----------Lucas Leiva---------

Enrique--Agger---Coates--Kelly

------------Reina-------------

Once pre-season is done, i'll put together another post featuring what changes have been made. But all in all, a good first year from my Reds.

YNWA

Started my first save with Liverpool yesterday and have to say i'm loving it. A 6-0 win on the opening day against Arsenal the highlight so far thanks to Uruguayan masterclass from Suarez (4) and Coates (2). Coates has been immense for me at the back. 8 goals in 19 league starts, he's been a rock with Agger at the back.

His unexpected form led me to sell Skrtel to Porto for 10 million in January as he just couldn't get a game. Sending Flanno and Robinson on loan at Bournemouth and Sheff Utd for 6 months did wonders for their progress and am debating whether to slowly introduce them instead of Enrique and Johnson or send them out on loan again till the end of the season. Convinced the board to affiliate me with Bournemouth which led to an amazing 1-0 win for them against the blue **** in the Carling Cup. :D

Edit:

Scratch that. Highlight of my season:

liverpoolvmanutdinforma.png

i sent robinson out on loan first season and im in second season now and i have him starting he's imennce . flanno needs another season out onloan tho :)

Started my first game on 2012 (having not played 2011) with Liverpool. Just at the start of my second season now. Sold Dirk Kuyt for £10m and Maxi for £4m in my first season. Picked up Oscar Cardozo for £14m over 48 months in January after Andy Carroll refused to score in god knows how many minutes. Also signed Willian from Shakhtar in that January for £10.75m over 48 months and Landon Donovan for £5m over 48 months. Willian and Cardozo have been absolute revelations, and propelled us to winning the league on goal difference with us beating 2nd place Man Utd on the last game of the season.

So far at the start of the 2nd season I've signed a transfer-listed Adam Johnson for £6m and Jan Vertonghen for £8m as Skrtel went to City for £14m. Hoping to sign another striker and an attacking mid and I think we can win the title again.

The wages on this game are absolutely ridiculous (although I suppose it is a far reflection of real life). However, Downing, Bellamy, Joe Cole and Aquilani are all on ridiculous money and I just can't sell them. They all look fairly diabolical aswell, particularly Cole, who's on £90k a week and looks like a League One/Two player? Any ideas on how I can sell these wastes of space? I can't even seem to give them away?

almost at the end of the transfer window 2014/15 season but am broke now so i will not be buying anyone else here is how my money was spent.

engz.png

just to note i did not buy Rami i desperately wanted a cb so Mr Werner bought him

lost to villa on the opening day 3-2 after being 2-0 up at half time, just got the perfect response smashed Newcastle 5-0.

i have got Benfica, Panathinaikos and Besiktas in my CL group

Got AC Milan, Leverkusen and Standard Liege in mine, not the easiest group but ah well.

Finished my first season, winning the league on the last day of the season and the manager of the year award. City only had to draw to win it but lost 2-0 away to Stoke!

I wasn't really sure where i needed to strengthen the side in the summer as i was really happy with the side. We conceded the least amount of goals (22) and Reina got the Golden Gloves award so i left my defence as it is. In the end i decided to bring in more firepower in the shape of Leandro Damaio (16 mill), Ganso (20 mill) Gaston Ramirez (7 mill) and Gaitan (6.5 mill). Also brought in Fierro from Chivas after he was recommended on here, looks like he could develop into a decent player. I let Maxi, Doni, Aurelio and Spearing leave, i couldn't get rid of Cole and Aquilani so i'm trying to send them out on loan again.

Currently 3 games in, 3-1, 5-1 and 2-0 wins.

Gonna start a new game boy its been dead here lately

Start of season two, and mid-way through pre-season Lucas Leiva asks to be transfer listed...

I'm gutted, as i play with an anchor man and he's truly one of the best in the world... I tried to talk him out of it, but no, he's dead set on leaving.

Reluctantly, I put the offer out there, and Bayern jumped right away with an 18 mil bid (with 13.5 of it coming in over 24 months).

I'm sitting on the acceptance until i can find a suitable replacement. While i feel it's a decent offer, and i definitely wouldn't take less for such a quality player, it still pains me to see him go.

I currently have Bertolacci i picked up on the cheap (750k) as cover, at the beginning of the season. He looks quality, and has room to grow... but I don't see him as a long-term fixture in the club.

andreabertolacciovervie.png

I also just signed a 34 year old Gattuso on a free from the waiver wire. He's one of my favorite players IRL, and I originally picked him up as a training aid for my youngsters (since he has a 19 DET attribute).

But i'm not sure if he can last the season, and it's not a gamble i want to take with my club reaching the CL for the first time in years.

gennarogattusooverviewp.png

I'm sitting on about 25 mil + whatever i get from the Lucas deal.. But i really didn't want to spend it before January... especially on a position i felt i had covered.

Any recommendations on cheap DM's to fill the Lucas Leiva gap? Marking, Tackling, Work rate and Team work are the primary stats i'm looking for. The player doesn't need to be a long term solution, as i'm developing Coady and Emre Can to fill the spot.

I'm also willing to retrain any players that might fit there... I was considering making it Agger or Jack Collison's position. Anyone have experience with either as a DM?

Gonna start a new game boy its been dead here lately

Yeah... it has been dead. I never post, but the lack of activity has spurred me to action.

I've been lurking around this thread for years and not posted so Morning and hello! I'm one of the crowd who cant get Carroll to score. I even played him up front against Dag & redbridge in the FA cup and he still couldn't score. Three 17 year olds managed to though. They certainly have got him accurately simulated... he couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. The only good thing is I don't have to watch that daft pony tail on the match screen :D

I'm trying to get him to unlearn that snap shot ppm although the coach says its unlikey he'll succeed. Anyone else tried that? I'm giving focus on composure etc as well. by the way I play 5-2-3-1 with wide wingers cutting back inside. Kuyt is my god using that ! I usee Carroll as adv fwd. Any thoughts?

Long time reader of this thread but rarely post!

In my first season and I am currently about 4th in the table. Only lost to the Mancs at Old Trafford and drawn a couple of games after about 10 league matches. Purchased Willian and Douglas Costa and Willian has been amazing so far, I can highly recommend him.

Suarez is playing well, scoring around a goal a game, but, yes thats right you guessed it. Carroll just won't score. Has anybody got any advice on how best to play him? Or a tactic he fits into? Tactics is where I have been struggling and I would love a tactic that specificly fits Liverpool's players. Has anybody got a decent one? I cant seem to find any consistency. Any help much appreciated.

Got bored of my original save so I thought i'd start a save with Liverpool, which being a west ham fan is not the team i would have thought of, but afterreading the OP it seemed like a challenge especially the andy carroll situation. He really is a donkey isn't he! I'll update you on my progress when pre-season is finished

This is my latest game, and exactly why you SHOULD NOT be selling Andy Carroll!!

101vj.jpg

I'm going to upload the video shortly, as some of his goals are a bit special!

Hi Mooki3,

Been reading through alot of this thread and noticed your success with Carroll. How do you play him and what tactics do you use?

Start of season two, and mid-way through pre-season Lucas Leiva asks to be transfer listed...

I'm gutted, as i play with an anchor man and he's truly one of the best in the world... I tried to talk him out of it, but no, he's dead set on leaving.

Reluctantly, I put the offer out there, and Bayern jumped right away with an 18 mil bid (with 13.5 of it coming in over 24 months).

I'm sitting on the acceptance until i can find a suitable replacement. While i feel it's a decent offer, and i definitely wouldn't take less for such a quality player, it still pains me to see him go.

I currently have Bertolacci i picked up on the cheap (750k) as cover, at the beginning of the season. He looks quality, and has room to grow... but I don't see him as a long-term fixture in the club.

andreabertolacciovervie.png

I also just signed a 34 year old Gattuso on a free from the waiver wire. He's one of my favorite players IRL, and I originally picked him up as a training aid for my youngsters (since he has a 19 DET attribute).

But i'm not sure if he can last the season, and it's not a gamble i want to take with my club reaching the CL for the first time in years.

gennarogattusooverviewp.png

I'm sitting on about 25 mil + whatever i get from the Lucas deal.. But i really didn't want to spend it before January... especially on a position i felt i had covered.

Any recommendations on cheap DM's to fill the Lucas Leiva gap? Marking, Tackling, Work rate and Team work are the primary stats i'm looking for. The player doesn't need to be a long term solution, as i'm developing Coady and Emre Can to fill the spot.

I'm also willing to retrain any players that might fit there... I was considering making it Agger or Jack Collison's position. Anyone have experience with either as a DM?

I reckon Jack Collison could do a job there once he's been trained up, not so sure about Danny Agger

Luis has just been given a 1 game ban and fined 20k so thats 9 games and 60k fine now

Zenmuse: Willing to splash out on Sandro from Spurs?

Yeah... it has been dead. I never post, but the lack of activity has spurred me to action.
I havent posted much some of the regulars havent been here lately

I was looking at Sandro... Especially since Spur's just signed Skrtel from me... Tit for Tat, you know.

I've had three different scout's rate him though, and every time he comes in at about 3 star potential and 2 star current ability. The scouts say Tottenham would take about 13-14 mil for him, which is reasonable.

I'm going to roll with what i have for the pre-season, rotating Collison, Gattuso, and Bertolacci. Unfortunately, it's the kind of position (DM - Anchorman) where it's hard to determine if a player is under performing, because they don't get many assists or goals, and the ME doesn't really know how to rate a player that does nothing but close down.

I'll just have to pay extra attention and see if my committee of DM's gets the job done. If come the end of August i feel like we're still lacking, Sandro seems like one of the cheapest quality players i can get for that position.

Either way I hope to have it sorted by Sept. 1, and i'll let you know how it goes.

Trying to do a redux of my FM11 effort with Liverpool, a root and branch with Juan Mata and Junior Stanislas, phenomenally successful with 8 consecutive Champions Leagues, looking to mix my key tenets of youth, stable melded squad and profit with the FSG spent-shitloads model.

So I signed Momo Diarra on a free as first season DM backup/first choice anchor man because I adore Momo and he perfectly fills the role I would have Lucas in if Liverpool's midfield wasn't so uninspiring for the 4-5-1/4-3-3 fluid model I like to adopt. I also took the bite for Afellay once I was sure Joaquin was out of my price range- versatility and technique are key. This left me with a first XI looking like this:

akh2wy.png

I then sorted out training and coaching to my satisfaction, pruning the youth and reserve squads, identifying Sterling, Robinson, Flanagan, Suso, Wilson, Morgan as my prospects and Leonardo Bittencourt brought in to the reserves too. The new pro/youth training scheme has made removing crappy youth all the more important. Goodbye Henoc John Mukendi.

After some friendlies against decent teams like Lyon, Aston Villa and HSV, we went straight in away at Man City. A disciplined 1-0 victory has led to a scary run of form- a 100% record with all clean sheets bar a 4-3 away win at Arsenal. Definitely anomalous. Suarez has 7 in 7 as a lone striker and we are reaping the benefits of not playing Carroll.

However, despite being top of the league and already beaten Arsenal, City and Chelsea away, our position was just made tenuous with key men Suarez and Agger out for 3 weeks after an international break. Lets hope Bellamy and Coates can step up!

God bless!

edit: Wolves home first match without Suarez, played Bellamy instead, and despite 14 shots drew 0-0. Just like Liverpool irl :applause:

I am resigning from my position as liverpool manager as i no longer have the desire to continue on with the job and after a poor start to the season i am in october 2014 and am 4pts above relegation i am handing over the reigns and off to manage else where GL everyone with your saves.

Sam Allardyce left west ham to take the job.