Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Trying my best to persevere with Andy, but he's just not scoring for me. Might have to just stick Suarez up top instead, no matter how badly I want Carroll to succeed.

Istanbul again i was 3-0 up against milan they came back to 3-3 then kuyt's 2nd penalty of the game won it 4-3

I'm watching that 'American Horror Story', just having a little break in-between episodes, and came up and played my FA Cup Semi against West Brom; the 2nd string made light work of the boys from the black country, winning 4-1 at Wemberley, with Sterling coming off the bench and getting his first goal for the club which was nice... Back to my title chase, after another AHS!

Right; I'm off to bed, I've got 3 games remaining in my season to play when I get back tomorrow:

FA Cup Final vs Chelsea

2 league games vs Citeh & Chelsea; I need 3 points (in total) from these two games to guarantee the League title

This time tomorrow I could well have won the treble in my first season of managing Liverpool, sweet!!

my group for the champions league is kobenhavn, ac milan and besiktas should get through that comfortably i reckon

Ive had almost the same group this season. AC Milan, København and Rosenborg, was mighty easy. Was some close calls vs Milan (3-2 and 2-1 if i recall correctly), but Rosenborg and København are walkovers. So should Besiktas be. Bring home the champions league for the reds now :D

So after lurking and reading i decided to post my progress with Liverpool.

I just finished my 2nd season and we won the title! This is my second save btw.

In my first season we finished 2nd in league, with only 4 points behind Utd. Was 1st most of the season, mostly because i was conceding only a few goals, but then i lost 2(against Chelsea and City) of my 3 last games which costed me title. I also won League cup. I started this save mainly because i wanted to make Carrol to work, and he did well, scoring 17 goals and 7 assists in 27 league games, but also he wasted a lot of chances. Bought Vrsaljko for backing up Lucas and Johnson, Perotti and brought McFadden for free as backup for several positions.

League table

englishpremierdivisionol.th.png

Transfers

liverpooltransfershisto.th.png

Tactics (Adam was DLP when Gerrard was injured)

liverpooltacticsovervie.th.png

In my 2nd season i won the title, without defeat, well almost(i lost only to Everton away from home when i already secured title and i played reserves), won League cup again, lost to Utd in FA Cup semi's, and Barca in CL semi's. Lost only 4 games in season, Utd, Barca and Everton as mentioned and Sakhtar in CL group stage.

Signed Damiao in summer since i wasn't happy with Carrol wasting a lot of chances, but he didn't start as i expected, scoring only 1 in 10 games. But when he started scoring he couldn't stop, finishing with 24 league goals(top scorer) in 30 games and 32 goals overall in 50 games.

Got Willian for right wing, him and Perotti were outstanding in the first half of the season.

Bertalocci did good on DLP covering for Adam, Gerrard was out almost whole season, playing only 9 games.

Paloschi also did good as backup for Damiao, played him as poacher. 12(18) games, scored 8 goals.

In winter transfer window i signed Hulk for only €27M after FCP offered him. It wasn't intended but I couldn't pass on that one. He was great second part of the season on right wing(IF)

Got Bender to Cover for Lucas at DM, did good and costed only €7.5M

Wasn't touching my defensive line since they were great in 1st season.

League table

englishpremierdivisiono.th.png

Transfers

liverpooltransfershisto.th.png

Team

liverpoolsquadplayers3.th.png

Tactics

liverpooltacticsovervie.th.png

Before i got Hulk i was playing 4-2-3-1, with Lucas on BWM(D), Perotti and Willian on wings as W(A), Suarez on AMC as Treq or IF(A). After I signed Hulk, Suarez Perotti Willian and he were in rotation on wings, Willian also playing central as AP(A) instead of Hendo.

I also played 4-2-4 from, like in 1st season, against easier opponents at home.

In my 2nd season i lost 2 semi finals, to Utd in FA cup and Barca in CL. In both of them i was extremely unlucky.

While Utd socred 2 longshots(total 5 shots, 2 on target) i couldn't score anything.

manutdvliverpoolanalysi.th.pngmanutdvliverpoolanalysi.th.png

Against Barca, I won 1st leg 2-0 at Anfield, so i went in Barcelona with a lot of hope, but not for long. I was loosing 2-0(Iniesta scoring from 35 yards) in 20ish min and 4-0 in 40ish. Unlucky again, had my chances but just couldn't hit the target and when i did Valdes was great(damn keepers).

barcelonavliverpoolanal.th.pngbarcelonavliverpoolanal.th.png

Starting my third season now, I'll probably sell Skrtel, he was in team of the season in both seasons, to make room for Papadopoulos if i buy him, he is transfer listed by request, Schalke wants only €18,5M. I don't think i can count on Gerrard so I'll leave Adam if i don't decide to bring someone else, Hendo and Bertalocci were good for me. Also i need new young keeper to cover for Pepe if he, God forbid, gets injured or something.

That's all for now, cheers.

Brilliant just lost the skipper for 7 months with a broken leg on international duty there should be a way on this game to fine the fa for serious injuries to my players.

Martin Kelly got injured on international duty for me, he was out for 5 months. The FA payed his wages for the duration of his injury.

Hi guys in November in 2nd season! Finished 2nd in 1st season, 18 minutes away from winning league, needed chelsea to beat utd, torres scored... but berba equalised n rooney scored 18 minutes from time to give them the title, gutted!!! won the league cup thou!!

Anyway.... im just carnt buy a win away from home, played 5 games at home, all winning comfortably, including a 5-1 demolition of Arsenal!! Away from home its a different story, 1 win and 5 or 6 draws, im creating plenty chances and dominating games, just carnt win!!!

Bought Cavani, Hamsik and Di Maria in summer, playing 442. Any ideas? change tactics for away games?? Help appreciated!!

Or do you think it will just be one of those things that will change when i next load the game lol thanks

[video=youtube;bwuxRxRQ684]

The above is my latest league game, it's against Citeh at Anfield and the win took me above them into 2nd (in October), it's Stevie G's league comeback- from the bench on 60 minutes, and it's exactly how the Hollywood film version of these events would've gone! Love it!

Also, for anyone that needs a reason to give Suarez a go on the AML (inside forward) position- watch the first goal.

Yeah I think thats Suarez's best position on the game (AML/R inside forward)

Hi lads loading up my save where im in Jan of season 1

Whos yer squad looking? Im currently mixing between writing my final task for school and playing matches on FM. I know what one im doing most of tho. :D But im in 2015 and its getting a bit easy, this is my lineup.

Reina, Agger (lb), Papadopolous (quality), Hummels, Romario (regenRB, also got Flanagan), Hamsik, Eriksen, Hazard (lw), Gotze (attacking mid), Douglas Costa (rw), Aguero (Poacher).

Benchwarmers that aint regens: Flanagan, Henderson, Tevez (got ruined by a 8 month injury doesnt seem to recover), Kelly.

Im looking into the possiblity of buying Neymar and Ganso (available for 10£ mill from City)

Funny note is that over half of Man Citys squad is unhappy, most thinks the club is underachieving, some wants a move to a better club. Everyone wants out :D

Does anyone know when most big nations get new youth intakes? maybe countries like Brazil, Argentina, Spain, France and Germany?

For some reason I get my new youth candidates on March 13th? Is that normal?

I remember in FM 11, youth always came at the start of the new season.

thanks for your feedback as I am trying to find the best new regens.

Something that is bugging me when starting a Liverpool save...

The transfer budget is derisory - I base this on the fact even if you select them as 'available' at game start you still only get like £2.6Million. My team (Spurs) get £12M to £16M depending on expectations, Man City get a fortune obviously, Man United get £17M to £21M, Arsenal get a massive budget, and most other teams get good budgets. So why is Liverpool's so low? If it is to simulate the fact the budget has already been spent on players like Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing, then why do we evenn have the option to start with first transfer window budget? And why is it also not evened out across the board; ie every other team's budget has also been mostly spent?

A better idea would be the option to start with or without the summer's new signings. So put back the money spent on players into the budget and return them to their original teams, then we could sign our own players.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting lads, I just don't understand why Liverpool seem to have been picked on :D

good result for us today would have like a couple more goals tho, got my last game 2012 now against stoke i have already comfirmed my purchase for january and thats 15m now and 15m over 48 moths to buy Lucas Moura.

Just played my FA Cup final against Chelsea, starred with a weakened team (lots of strength on the Bench) as I need my first XI fresh as I can win the league if I get 3 points in one of my remaining 2 games (VS. Citeh / Chelsea).

Anyway, Maxi got an early goal and I sat back and defended for my life! They inevitably equalized late in the first half- but in the second half I made some staggered subs, and had Gerrard, Lucas, and Suarez coming off the bench- all fresh as daises, and became a real problem for them to cope with. It went to ET and we were doing all the pressing, when Suarez got in behind the Chelsea defense only to be chopped down by Terry, who was rightly sent off... Anyway, from this point in, there was only ever going to be one conclusion, Suarez got the winner. Here are the highlights:

[video=youtube;or0sob7oTjU]

Anyway, on to my league campaign- mission 'win the league in my first season'!! Wish me luck boys, I'll let you know! Will be posting on and off until el classico anyway!

Anyway, on to my league campaign- mission 'win the league in my first season'!! Wish me luck boys, I'll let you know! Will be posting on and off until el classico anyway!

Well done! Bring the league home now and its a fantastic season. Just had a shocking game versus Tottenham. Told my lads it was dreadful, and they all got extremly motivated and sadly for Exeter, they were next.

60997467.jpg

46218658.jpg

just got beat 3-2 by the mancs in the charity shield. webb up to his old tricks again ruling two perfectly good goals offside and giving the mancs a dodgy pen.

just got beat 3-2 by the mancs in the charity shield. webb up to his old tricks again ruling two perfectly good goals offside and giving the mancs a dodgy pen.

Atleast you cant say this game aint realistic! :D

Alright lads how's everyone saves going ? Also welcome to the thread :) to any new faces. Am enjoying my save to much with Shakhtar to carry on with my Liverpool save and have just started a save with Spartak Moscow.

Since I've been playing fm I've always had loads of saves with Liverpool every fm but near the end of fm 11 and the current one am having saves with teams I've never been before

Alright lads how's everyone saves going ? Also welcome to the thread :) to any new faces. Am enjoying my save to much with Shakhtar to carry on with my Liverpool save and have just started a save with Spartak Moscow.

Since I've been playing fm I've always had loads of saves with Liverpool every fm but near the end of fm 11 and the current one am having saves with teams I've never been before

Remember you from a period of me being here during FM11. My saves going a bit too easy atm, winning most things, got most players. Just signed Neymar and Wilshere. On top of Hamsik, Suarez, Aguero, Hazard, Douglas Costa etc. So I might just start a new save soon.

If I do start a new save its gonna be CSKA Moscow with Doumbia, Vagner Love and Honda. (Sounds fun).

Remember you from a period of me being here during FM11. My saves going a bit too easy atm, winning most things, got most players. Just signed Neymar and Wilshere. On top of Hamsik, Suarez, Aguero, Hazard, Douglas Costa etc. So I might just start a new save soon.

If I do start a new save its gonna be CSKA Moscow with Doumbia, Vagner Love and Honda. (Sounds fun).

That's why I can't get into a Liverpool save as within 3/4 seasons am winning everything and get bored. I picked Spartak Moscow as Anji are mega rich, Rubin/Zenit have some good players and CSKA have a great squad so I thought Spartak would be the most challenging.

They have won the Russian League 9 times but that was from when it started in 1992 and haven't won it in 10 years

Well done! Bring the league home now and its a fantastic season. Just had a shocking game versus Tottenham. Told my lads it was dreadful, and they all got extremly motivated and sadly for Exeter, they were next.

Haha!! Thats a rite result! & That is some team you've put together there btw, well done sir!!

Liverpool F.C. 2011/ 12, Season: One in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

leagueyb.jpg

Transfers

transfersr.jpg

Season Best XI

sxini.jpg

Best Player

downing.jpg

Run very, very close to this by Martin Skrtel, but while Skrtel chipped in a huge number of goals (15 I think) from corners (Mr. Alex Ferguson is right by the way, Charlie Adam’s corners are worth £10m alone!!) Downing’s all round play was fantastic, he assisted 16 and got 8 himself, if my strikers were a tad more clinical then his assists stat would’ve been much higher too!

Anyway, I wasn’t expecting such quality from him, so I’m more than impressed with what I’ve got! Oh, and he won the players player of the year award too.

Liverpool F.C. 2011 / 12, Season: One in Pictures (Part: Two, Relative Performance)

Team Records

trecat.jpg

Player Records

precy.jpg

Overall Best XI

First season: See ‘Season Best XI’

Finances

finances.jpg

(Take into account that I’ve made some signings, this month, that’s why I’m down on the monthly thing)

Trophy Haul

Premier League: 2012

FA Cup: 2012

League Cup: 2012

Community Shield:

Champions League:

Europa League:

Club World Cup:

Euro. Super Cup:

U19 Champions League:

FA Youth Cup:

Manager of the Year: 2012

Great review Mooki3 just curious but what role did you play Downing in ?

Bored with my Man City save, so started one with Liverpool. Didn't bring anyone in, as I want to do the best I can with the current squad until January. Won the first match against Swansea, but lost Suarez for 3-4 months with a torn calf. Now I'm going to have to figure out some way to get Carroll or Bellamy to score upfront.

Bellers can always be counted upon to score a few, imo. Don't forgt about Kuyt either, he's definitely worth a few goals himself.

Leading the table come January 2012 on my save. Ahead of United by goal difference. Really need them to slip up, as I've still got all the top teams to play, including Spurs, City and Arsenal, teams that i really struggle to get wins against. Not forgetting of course, United at OT. On the bright side, Sterling and Shelvey have been monsters in the first two stages of the FA cup, and I've managed to sign Marko Marin and Gaitan, two wingers who will hopefully put goals on a plate for Andy and Luis, by the bucket load.

Great review Mooki3 just curious but what role did you play Downing in ?

He played AMR against teams I expected to beat, and therefore played 4 'forwardish type players' with fullbacks overlapping and providing the width, and one CM boming on and getting into the box late (try and think of what DI Maria does for Real, not too dissimilar), and he played on the left in a 4-2-3-1 in games where I needed a bit more solidity.

Nice one mate. That's a great result in a cup final.

Title race is still so damn close on my save:

w6GAC.jpg

Thanks in my 1st season as well goal to stay in top 4 now

Clean sweep in all competitions - won the league with a 4 pt gap over Man city - setting a new points record of 97 pts to win the league (previous was 95 pts by Chelski).

Crowning moment was beating Ancellotti's Real Madrid in the CL final - 3-1 down after 53 minutes - then an Istanbul like comeback to finish the game 5-3 after extra time!!

leaguetablen.jpg

championstm.jpg

finalleg.jpg

My only problem is Gerrard has been poor the past two seasons the only player I could not get to perform on a regular basis. Charlie Adam suited my system better.

Really struggling for time at the minute and so much so ive lost touch with my previous save :(

Starting a new one as i type, will be here for a little bit.