FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished 4th in 2nd season. Didn't win anything but glad I got the Champs League spot otherwise I might have been sacked. Suarez and Willian were my top 2 scorers. Selling Carroll for £5m to Chelski, Vertohgan (spelling) is going to Werder Bremen for £8.5m (got him for £5m at end of 1st season so bit of profit) but squad is in major need of a reshuffle.

My "hello..." to the thread

Here are my opening transfers, as I always do I spent over 24 months (in 1st season only), and only bring in players of age 18 and under, and strip as much of the crap youth/reserve players from the squad as possible (so the good ones receive more coaching & playing time):

openingtransfers.jpg

Here is how they make my team line-up, although, since they're youngsters it hasn't had any effect on my 1st team squad! But still, this is how I tend to line-up:

openingxi.jpg

And, here are my results so far:

openingresults.jpg

The phrase "must do better" springs to mind, but I'm sure I will once the team starts to gel a little better.

BTW, do you guys do the standard and use Kuyt / Gerrard / Carra to tutor the best young prospects? I've got Kuyt tutoring Sterling (my thinking is if I can get Kuyt's work rate & ethcis into somone with as much natural ability as Sterling.... Then I'll have a God like player on my hands, seems to be working a treat so far, going to have him tutored by Gerrard next).

My 1st season

Thinking of starting again even though I haven't been sacked this time round and just finished second season. Thinking about it mainly coz my team is not strong enough coz I didn't buy enough cover, but that might change considering I've brought Cavani for £28m. Hope it goes well this time round mate.

BTW, do you guys do the standard and use Kuyt / Gerrard / Carra to tutor the best young prospects? I've got Kuyt tutoring Sterling (my thinking is if I can get Kuyt's work rate & ethcis into somone with as much natural ability as Sterling.... Then I'll have a God like player on my hands, seems to be working a treat so far, going to have him tutored by Gerrard next).

Yep, pretty much this. Suarez is also a good tutor with 18 determination, as are Agger and some others I think. Depends on their determination for me.

Have noticed Andy Carroll's value drops shockingly quickly.

Yeah, noticed that and also price is dependent on performances too. If playing well, price increases, and vice versa.

[video=youtube;bwuxRxRQ684]

The above is my latest league game, it's against Citeh at Anfield and the win took me above them into 2nd (in October), it's Stevie G's league comeback- from the bench on 60 minutes, and it's exactly how the Hollywood film version of these events would've gone! Love it!

Also, for anyone that needs a reason to give Suarez a go on the AML (inside forward) position- watch the first goal.

having a problem at the moment considering the fire power i have now with luis and cavani i am still unbeaten but drawing loads and defence is looking shaky went 2-0 down to swansea through an OG from Reina and a sinclair goal luckily got a point through Coates late equaliser.

What season are you in lpool14? In the first season, I just don't trust Coates yet, his lack of 'quickness' seems to mean I have to sit further back than I would like, and therefore I concede more and the gap between my Def & Att is too far- hence my midfield wouldn't chip in with the goals.

Just been beaten by United (A 1-3), means I slip to 2nd on level points with them, in December.

Nacho is a bit of an arse isn't he, just came upto me and asked for more first team action - I wish there was a button that said [laughing] your no way near good enough yet!!

Transfer listed, shame, as I had fairly high hopes for that one.

Final of the CC vs. Reading, time for my first silverware!!

Good luck mate!

Went out in the third round on mine. 2-0 loss to Birmingham after playing a few too many u-18s.

Also, Stevie has been absolutely wondrous since returning from injury. His passing is something else. Some real competition in my midfield at the moment. Shelvey is playing great every time I play him, Jordan's attacking play from CM is brilliant, Adam can't get a sniff tbh.

Good luck mate!

Went out in the third round on mine. 2-0 loss to Birmingham after playing a few too many u-18s.

Also, Stevie has been absolutely wondrous since returning from injury. His passing is something else. Some real competition in my midfield at the moment. Shelvey is playing great every time I play him, Jordan's attacking play from CM is brilliant, Adam can't get a sniff tbh.

Cheers pal, I'm exactly the same in CM, and I've bought Zakaria Labyad & Felipe Anderson to put pressure on them all from the Reserves. I think there is a strong chance I'll sell Adam in the Summer, not really upto scratch in my system.

Woah, am confused with the youth intake thing on this new version... Someone help!!

ythintake.jpg

First off they all look ****, and my policy is to only have the very, very best in my YTS so it's not getting clogged up.

Secondly, I'm in the middle of a season, whats going on?!

Thanks dude, seem to have got the hang of it. Not going to take any of them on, they got destroyed by my U18s, and the assistant doesn't think too highly of them. Need to find some decent regens to replace them, any methods you would suggest aside the normal scouting?

I'm in a bit of a fix; I'm still in the FA Cup Qs and in a serious (neck&neck) race for the title with Manc Utd, not sure I have the squad to challenge for both- but will get knocked out of the FA Cup if I play a back-up team (against Spurs)... Don't know what to do really. Don't know at all.

Thanks dude, seem to have got the hang of it. Not going to take any of them on, they got destroyed by my U18s, and the assistant doesn't think too highly of them. Need to find some decent regens to replace them, any methods you would suggest aside the normal scouting?

On that already, check this geeza out, decent for a 15 year-old. I'm basically going round checking out all the Academies that I know are decent, getting Commoli to cast an eye over them and BOOM, better than the crap I was offered at least.

collierp.jpg

Is Skrtel the worlds greatest CB in everyone elses game too?? The man is just a rock!!

He has good stats in all the right areas, and if you train him to his full potential he's really good.

He picked up a bad injury in my game though, had to sell him since his physical stats dropped to much to have any chance of recovering.

Yeah, I think he's boss on it!!

Right, I'm top of the league by 2 points, with 6 games to go (United, Citeh, and Chelsea all in there) and my next game is the FA Cup semi against West Brom. Think I'm going to give most of the first team a break in that one and hope & clench.

gonna boot up my save i think il try that as well as the youth squad is poor no talent coming through

When you take a look around a lot of regens have some sick stats, I don't know if its a ruse or if they're actually mini Messis but defiantly worth taking a punt (over the tosh they sent me through atleast!!)

Archived