Sports Interactive Community
stevie_G_32201

FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Quite a comphrensive thread here!

Anyway, after reading something on General Discussion about an inability for people to do well in the first season with Liverpool I have loaded up myself a new save.

Will probably only play the single season, just want to see how well I can do with the squad itself; so won't be allowing any transfers in the first window.

Will post in some updates in this afternoon.

Quite a comphrensive thread here!

Anyway, after reading something on General Discussion about an inability for people to do well in the first season with Liverpool I have loaded up myself a new save.

Will probably only play the single season, just want to see how well I can do with the squad itself; so won't be allowing any transfers in the first window.

Will post in some updates in this afternoon.

Good luck its not as bad as some make out, you just need to be 'in contention' for most of the season.

How do you buy players in this game? I have a transfer budget of 96million but cannot seem to get much out of it. Everyone want huge sums for all their players.

I'm currently in the transfer window before the 4th season. It seems like you have to buy all cheap and good players at the start of the save otherwise you're screwed.

Sadly Liverpool doesn't have any money then.

This has been the hardest FM ever for me. Any suggestions?

hiya lads,

just past the half way point of the season and into the new year. still top of the prem but only by a sinlge point after losing the last game to chelsea. enrique got himself sent off first half and didnt have a chance after that. hoping to get right back to winning ways, up 2-1 at everton at half time. i need this result!

the board gave me 20m in november and i used that to sign ganso. he's going to be my playmaker in a 4-2-3-1. i could do with another 20m or so to sign either a AML or a striker (and play suarez AML). anyone tried to sell carroll & skrtel in the january window? how much can i get for them?

advice on either a AML or a striker is welcome! my budget is whatever i get for carroll & skrtel. i'd be willing to sell downing is well, he hasnt really started my game due to injury but i'm not a big fan IRL

Into march now and i am 10 points clear in 4th of 5th placed arsenal and 8 points behind leaders chelsea however in my next 11 games they are all winnable apart from 3 against chelsea man utd and spurs.

5th atm, 17 points behind leaders Utd, for whom Hernandez and Rooney are haxorz. 26 games gone and I have only 48 points. Lost 3-2 in 1st leg in 1st k.o round in CL against Genoa away but have 2 away goals so should hopefully win that at home. Have so many injuries atm but players are beginning to come back and Stevie said he's gonna retire at the end of 2nd season due to long term injuries.

Have 14 wins, 6 losses and draws in the league. Somehow, only have 3rd least conceded goals lol.

And to top that all off, I just lost 1-0 to Chelsea in 5th round of FA Cup.

Sacked after last game of 1st season. Won the League Cup beating Tottenham in the Final. Brought Champions League football back to Anfield and was in with a chance of finishing 2nd until I got beat (respectfully) 2-1 last game away at Chelsea. ********. Might not play with Liverpool until an update sorts this out, kinda ruins the game for me coz I ONLY play with Liverpool =(

Sacked after last game of 1st season. Won the League Cup beating Tottenham in the Final. Brought Champions League football back to Anfield and was in with a chance of finishing 2nd until I got beat (respectfully) 2-1 last game away at Chelsea. ********. Might not play with Liverpool until an update sorts this out, kinda ruins the game for me coz I ONLY play with Liverpool =(

Go into the editor and change the reputation down by 50 points. Sorted.

OK, 1st season over. I have been using a mixture of Vodu's 'caos' tactic, FuSS's tactic (which is annoyingly inconsistent for me despite the good reports), and my own that I'm currently working on. Won the Premiership by a couple of points above Man Utd, and beat Newcastle in the FA Cup final.

I basically got a bye into the FA Cup final as all the big Premiership teams were knocked out in the 3rd and 4th round by lower opposition, which was really quite funny to see. I played: Yeovil, Brentford, Bolton, QPR and then Newcastle.

Then get this - I received a news item linking me with Javier Mascherano, which I was about to disregard until I noticed the "was disappointed to find himself transfer listed at Camp Nou..." :eek:

With basically every big club in the game sniffing around him, and a preliminary transfer budget of £50.2M, I quickly bid the asking price of £19.25M which Barcelona duly accepted. His wage demands were on a par with Gerrard's so I readily agreed, after all Mascherano is described as a "World Class Midfielder..." (and his mental attributes are astonishing!). He rejected the contract offers from Chelsea, Man City, AC Milan, Juventus etc etc because he loves Liverpool :)

Then I signed Stephen Warnock from Aston Villa (£7.5M structured payment), for a couple of reasons; he's trained at the club (needed for the ECC), Fabio Aurelio was released, and José Enriqué is off to Real Madrid after they unsettled him. Jack Robinson is 1st choice LB anyway, and Stephen accepted squad status as "rotation" so everyone is happy.

I also signed a couple of young players from South America with 4-star potential, for fees in the region of £300k - these guys are being sent out to Genk to gain nationality.

Oh! I almost forgot - I got a young whipper snapper in through the youth team who is described as one of the best players of his generation. A young Welsh striker, who is only 15yrs old. Determination of 20 (personality: driven, it says), heading of 19, finishing and composure of 13 and 15 respectively, plus good attributes where you want a striker to have them. He's already valued at £2.1M! I'm very excited about him :D

right bit annoyed with tonight's result but am gonna crack on and do some more games as i am nearing the end of the season

Only just got the game and just finished pre season, 1st game of the season Newcastle at St James Park, what a game!!!

28 minutes in and Reina picks the ball up outside the box and gets a straight red card!! never seen anything like it and have never had a back up GK on subs bench in my whole life of playing FM!

In steps Jordan Henderson to finish his Liverpool debut playing 60 odd minutes in goal!!!

Newcastle are pressing and getting chances right left and centre but all flying wide of the post.

45 minutes in new signing Douglas Costa volleys a 25 yard shot right into top left of the net!!!

Newcastle still pressing and creating chances.

91 minutes in and only 2 minutes left of extra time we get a corner, but who is that taking my corners?? Jordan Henderson has left his goal line to take the corner leaving me shouting at my screen WTF you doing!!!!!

Luckily Agger heads it wide and gives Hendo enough time to run full legnth of field to get back in goal.

FT 1-0!!!

heading into the biggest game of the season i beat spurs 3-0 now i am against leaders chelsea if i win this i will be a point behind with 2 games left.

Yes 3-1 an absolute stunner from Luis Suarez in the last minute won the game get in!!!!!!!

Yes i won the title last game of the season Man city won 1-0 and i drew 1-1 with Blackburn last minute equaliser from Andy Carroll

read the OP and it'll tell you everything you should know :)

Completely forgot to check the OP! Total brainfart. :lol:

I posted a little under another username in last years thread, but I've completely forgotten my password and username.

How is Carroll looking in FM 12? He was a little disappointing after the Jan transfer update last year. How has he been for folks this year?

Same question for Downing, too? How has he performed for people?

I'd rather this issue was recognised by SI and changed than use the editor. Would make me feel better knowing that it was a genuine 'mistake' when programming rather than 'cheating' by using the editor (all terms used loosely). I understand if hardcore FMer's might turn around and say, "Get better then!", but I notice I'm not the only one who has been miffed by this issue. Kenny Dalglish isn't a good example but if we were to have any other manager at present (young or old) and he managed to win us the League Cup and led us to a 4th place finish, the season would be considered a success and the manager would probably be backed in the summer to build the squad further for the next season considering the squad requirements for Champions League football.

My first signing was of that nature. Celtic have a decent back-up DM, but his name escapes me atm, not too sure how much they'll want for him either. There is also a Senegalese DM named Kara, that you can get in the first window for just under £1m, but I missed out on him to Benfica. I went for Fabian Ernst in the end. Lots of experience, and got him for a structured deal worth bout £4m. Sold Brad Jones to pay for it.

mata for 21 million on 79k wages a week? season 2

he would provide competition for downing on lw.

mata for 21 million on 79k wages a week? season 2

he would provide competition for downing on lw.

He'd kick the **** out of Downing and leave him on the bench week after week, top player, him and Suarez would combine beautifully.

Who would you guys suggest as a back up/defensive midfielder for Lucas?

Why not give Spearo a bit of a re-train (it only takes about 3 days for him to become a DM) and use him until Coady comes through?

He'd kick the **** out of Downing and leave him on the bench week after week, top player, him and Suarez would combine beautifully.

Couldn't agree more. I don't like Downing at all on this game - severely lacks flair, which is massively disappointing for a player in his position.

Also low determination (10).

So i signed mata :D

Best part was he said he was excited to "display his talents on a bigger stage"

Take that Chelsea :p

pre season 2nd season so far i have signed Jean Marie Dongou from barca 17 year old, and i have splashed out 30.5m on Cavani

oh yes and the european golden boot went to Luis Suarez and in 3rd was Cavani my strike force for next season should be impressive

got a question should i play Luis and Cavani up front together or put Cavani RW or put Luis LW ?

just signed Javi Martinez for 18m and sold lucas to inter for 20m now just gotta hope i can fit everyone in

just won the community shield on pens against stoke my first prem game is also against them at anfield

So I'm just on coming out of my first preseason on my first game on the new FM with my beloved red men, one thing to say... Carroll is a ****ing machine!!! 7 goals in 4x 45 minutes of football!!

Just about to play my first competitive game vs bluenoses... wish me luck!
good luck hope you smash them

just smashed Leicester 5-0 Cavani hat-trick henderson and sterling with the goals.

just smashed Leicester 5-0 Cavani hat-trick henderson and sterling with the goals.

Nice, love Cavani on FM (and IRL), had a game with Napoli last year and he smashed it!!

I beat Everton H 3-0, lost to Tottenham A 1-4. and beat Doncaster A 2-0 in the Carling Cup, so far.